[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's your college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 3267[1].jpg (400KB, 1920x1350px) Image search: [Google]
3267[1].jpg
400KB, 1920x1350px
ITT those of us who are college students post our college, our year, what our brand of queerness is, how strong the LGBT community there is. Or we just discuss what the LGBT college experience is like.
>>
Bi male, stanford, junior. LGBT community is super strong for the L, G and T. No B community to speak of :(. School in general is really good for LGBT, I haven't had a single bad encounter despite being reasonably visible (I paint my nails).
>>
MtF (pre-HRT) at GA Tech, 4th year. No one really has time to give a shit about LGBT people tbqh, but that's a good thing. Everyone is pretty live and let live, never knew anyone that really hated gays or trans people, aside from the evangelical group that shows up once a year for a couple days. Counseling center had been great for me, LGBTQIA center is pretty helpful, never been to a Pride Alliance meeting so I can't comment, more support stuff for trans or NB people than I was expecting when I first started to try and find stuff.
>>
>>5669855
gay, dartmouth, pretty well represented except T, excessively liberal/PC,
>>
>>5669855
>mfw my college is on there
Bi female, New College of Florida, Second Year, and it's incredibly strong here. We have a ton of transtrenders and obnoxious SJWs, but it's pretty comfy over here.
>>
>>5669855
Rice here
I took some pizza from an LGBT event once without making eye contact with anybody
>>
>>5669855
I went to SUNY Purchase. The school has renowned acting and dance programs so there were a lot of LGBT people around, and the campus LGBT Union was huge. A lot of them were hardcore SJWs and/or pretentious jackasses, though.
>>
hahah i'm going to unc asheville in north carolina and that map says warren wilson (about 10 minutes from me) is the most lgbt friendly. they probably are, but it's a giant farm and you have to work on the farm as part of your education, so it's not really for me. i think i would prefer it over here, though.
gay male, unca, second year, and it's typical liberal arts fodder here. i saw this gendersnake with a beard, pink hair, and a yellow dress skipping across campus obnoxiously yesterday, flanked by a small crowd of cronies. i actually really hate a lot of people here, but staying away from the lgbt group and not being public about being gay has been pretty good for me. unca always has great weed for sale, there are nice people if you can find them, and there are a good handful of gender-neutral bathrooms on campus that aren't converted broom closets or anything.
>>
>>5671130
hey do you want to have sex
>>
I graduated from UC Santa Cruz back in June. I think it had a pretty good queer culture. Most people were pretty open minded and welcoming, generally it's looked down upon to be bigoted rather than to be queer which was an amazing and welcome change coming from a conservative town. There were a few hate crimes on campus and at off-campus parties, though. Also some locals are total scary rednecks so off-campus definitely is a different bag.
The Cantu Center is pretty great and most of the people there are wonderful. I wasn't really that involved but my girlfriend was and there was plenty to involved with there if that's your thing.
>>
>>5671136
d-do you live on camps...?
>>
>>5671199
i meant campus
>>
>UAB
Best of the worst. It's still Alabama, get out while you can
>>
I do sixth form instead of college in the midlands of the UK(NSB). Good school, not the most gay friendly place in the world but it's no stoneage shithole.
>>
File: CGZdRR5WoAAxk8u.jpg (45KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CGZdRR5WoAAxk8u.jpg
45KB, 480x640px
>>5671136
i still wanna know who this is
>>
College makes you gay. I am glad I didn't go to college to get brainwashed. I make more than folks with master's degrees, except I have no debt.
>>
File: 1453663280993.jpg (112KB, 864x691px) Image search: [Google]
1453663280993.jpg
112KB, 864x691px
I'm a sophomore at Ohio State University and I'm not into the gay community shit but I hear it's pretty strong.

I did visit a club called Pride a couple times last year and it was ok-ish, but 75% of the people avoided me like the plague even when I was trying to be polite guest. Also didn't see anyone that interested me. Still met 1 cool person though.
>>
>college
University Of manchester, UK

>Brand of degeneracy
mtf

>LGBT community
Very strong if you want to go find it. I don't, but there's a whole "gay village"

The LGB people are accepted entirely, but T is rejected, everyone on my course stopped talking to me ;_;
They are from eastern europe though, so it's kinda expected
>>
>UAFS
second year, still no lgbt support

when will the war end.
>>
>>5680544
>>5680162
aii I'm sorry you two aren't supported :3

Have you considered transferring?
>>
UCSB:

>the gay kids are alright but they're super cliquey, also whiter than white and have problems with consent
>the queer folks can be weird and even more cliquey than the gay crowd but they do a lot of good campus activism and they generally mean well
>the trans folks aren't super visible but there's a couple orgs I go to and they're good people, though there was one person who was really intense about their pronouns like dang
>the campus support system is A++, our LGBTQ resource center puts on a lot of cool events (could stand to see less drag shows though) and we have dedicated trans experts in the counseling and health centers
>people in general are pretty okay with it except the drunker, douchier bros
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.