[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAN FRANCISCO GAY SCENE DECLINING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: DeGay-Bar.png (546KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
DeGay-Bar.png
546KB, 620x372px
>San Francisco's tech bros told: quit changing the gayborhood
https://archive.is/EVc8G

Residents of San Francisco’s historically gay Castro district are worried that it’s changing, as speculators come in to flip the few remaining ramshackle old Victorians and the old-timer gay bars shutter.

In a recent small survey,
>77%
of people who have lived in the neighborhood for 10 or more years identified as gay, while only
>55%
of those who moved in the past year did.

“The neighborhood is more
>professional gay
now. Not that it’s less gay, but you gotta have money to move in,” said Hank Cancél, who lives on the corner of 19th and Castro streets, where he keeps a collection of gay erotic dolls in the window.
>“So now it’s Apple gay. Airbnb gay.”

Others worry, though, that as the gay community becomes less concentrated or visible, those who do stand out will feel less safe.

Part of the reason that so many gay bars have closed or turned straight... is that LGBT people have become increasingly comfortable spending time at mainstream bars.
>>
>gay scene is declining because society is more accepting and now gays don't have to turn to people who "have a collection of gay erotic dolls in the window"

thank the lord
>>
>>5665716
>disgusting fucking faggots with aids being replaced by respectable faggots without aids
Barely makes a difference to me. Less gay men creeping on my tranny ass, at least.
>>
>>5665835
Don't worry hon, I won't creep your tranny ass.
>>
>>5665716
>where he keeps a collection of gay erotic dolls in the window
Wat. Does he run a sex shop or something? Who just randomly puts sex dolls in their windows.
>>
>>5665716
>Part of the reason that so many gay bars have closed or turned straight... is that LGBT people have become increasingly comfortable spending time at mainstream bars.
As someone who loved the mixed orientation clubs of the '70s and early '80s in NYC, I'm happy to finally hear this is happening again. People need to see that the only real difference between us is who we sleep with, and that it doesn't effect them at all. Separate gay bars never felt right to me.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.