[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is gender fluidity just based on fasion choices and attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (522KB, 1280x1894px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
522KB, 1280x1894px
Is gender fluidity just based on fasion choices and attention seeking ?
>>
>>5662996
yus
>>
>>5663021
Would I be bigoted of me to say it looks stupid ?
>>
>>5663078
It looks stupid because you were socialized to believe it looks stupid. In 40 years, dudes in girly clothes will likely be the norm if they so choose, and no one will think much of it at all.
>>
>>5663204
anon, it really does look stupid
>>
>>5663204
He should still shave. The beard clashes horribly.
>>
>>5663248
I think it looks hot, and that therefore you are stupid for having stupid opinions.
>>
>>5663352
The beard gives this sense of respectable self-awareness.
>>
>>5662996
I love butch sissy boys like him love me some fem boy pussy
>>
File: 1415989312350.png (153KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1415989312350.png
153KB, 894x894px
>>5662996
This is really cute to me.
>>
>>5663352
Yeah seriously, the beard just makes him look like an idiot who wants to provoke people so he can shove his gender identity agenda down peoples' throats.
>>
File: fixd.jpg (444KB, 1280x1894px) Image search: [Google]
fixd.jpg
444KB, 1280x1894px
look i fixed the picture
>>
Das Elliot Alexzander and I've met him irl. I support his thing but it really is a waste since he's a gorgeous dude. The whole gender fluid shit seems so stupid and in a hilarious way reinforces gender roles by saying what they are not. Rofl tumblrinas gonna tumblr.
>>
>>5662996
what a terrible photographer
>>
>>5663936
agender agenda
>>
>>5663936
It's a retarded pedophile from 4chan. Notice how he set the camera down at about waist height on a timer? Notice how he's wearing a fedora? He's trying to danky-dank for Jesus just like you, just that he takes his memes and puts them into action, unlike you.
>>
>>5662996
>attention seeking
Yes.
>>
>>5663078
No, plenty of cis people wear stupid outfits too
>>
So many girls on my Facebook feed are "non-binary" nowadays. They continue to look and act like girls. I really don't get it.
>>
>>5664112
actually he's a prominent 'non-binary' tumblr user who, you'd never guess, is an outspoken activist and seller of trans merchandise
>>
>>5664112
What makes you say xe's a pedophile? And fedoras (which xir hat really isn't, the proportions are wrong) are associated with atheists and MRAs and other "brogressive" types, not christians.
>>
File: tumblr_nqn0537RGB1sg9z5bo4_1280.jpg (134KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqn0537RGB1sg9z5bo4_1280.jpg
134KB, 960x960px
>>5662996
normally this stuff pisses me off but I actually find some of this guys' stuff pretty cute ngl
>>
>>5664402
How many facebook friends do you have? The only facebook friends I know with weird genders are one butch lesbian who uses they/them pronouns but still identifies as female, and one mostly male presenting AMAB genderfluid person.
>>
Yes it is, Take away gendered clothing and basic gender roles and these people would no longer be special. Transsexuals at the very least would be different wanting to change sex. These people its all subjective stuff.
Right now most of the non binary community is just a bunch of counter culture faggots trying to get any type of attention
>>
>>5662996
>Facial Hair

Disgusting
>>
>>5664422
I guess that's true, many but not all of them are butch lesbians. Which fine, I get. I don't get when they still like being called "beautiful" and "stunning" though.
>>
File: 1452490399588.png (138KB, 582x846px) Image search: [Google]
1452490399588.png
138KB, 582x846px
>>5663204
If it was stuff that was more suited to showing off the male form then I'd be 100% behind it. As it stands the clothes don't really flatter much because the obsession is more on looking gender neutral or "breaking gender roles". Shit's retarded, the worst form of androgyny. Fucking do it right if you're going to do it at all.
>>
I'd be into it without the facial hair
>>
>>5663936
>makes him look like
>implying
>>
>>5662996
eh i identify as non-binary. i'm a male who takes hormones. i dress pretty androgynously. i like men.
i have a lot in common with mtfs, but i don't present as female. i don't like female pronouns either.
they/them/their are pretty comfy.
i wouldn't call it attention seeking or a fashion choice. i am taking chemicals that are fucking with my mind and body quite a bit. if it was just for attention i'm sure hrt would make me uncomfortable but it doesn't.
most people who identify as genderqueer or non-binary are probably attention seeking though. doesn't mean it's not a real thing though.
>>
>>5664678
>im not attention-seeking
>but everyone else who is like me is attention-seeking
>>
File: 1453489108778.jpg (175KB, 480x679px) Image search: [Google]
1453489108778.jpg
175KB, 480x679px
>>5662996
>>5664412
I think it's really cute, facial hairs with it looks REALLY good, would totally sport this style if I knew I wouldn't get my face mashed in by some homophobe
>>
File: Louis_XIV_of_France[1].jpg (2MB, 1390x1975px) Image search: [Google]
Louis_XIV_of_France[1].jpg
2MB, 1390x1975px
>>5663204
pretty much yeah

>>5663248
any unusual fashion looks 'stupid'
reminder that baroque fashion was even more ridiculous and flamboyant
>>
>>5665352
I heard theories about Louis the XIV was bi. Is it true?
>>
>>5663248
Do you know what women wearing pants looked like in the 1900's? Yeah, people thought it looked fucking awful. Just give it some time friend, you'll see what happens when you're around 60 or so years old.
>>
>>5662996
Of course it is. To these people being a girl means liking the color pink and wearing skirts and being a boy means liking the color blue and wearing pants. To them it's impossible for a man to like pink or a woman to like blue without being some weird mix of genders. I think guys who dress like that are qt as fuck but the ideology behind a lot of people into that fashion is moronic
>>
>>5664411
>What makes you say xe's a pedophile?

Because trolls are pedophiles, and he's a troll.

>And fedoras (snip) are associated with atheists and MRAs and other "brogressive" types, not christians.

False. Only pedophile Christians from 4chan who are pretending to be those other things wear them, outside of oldie detective movies.
>>
>>5664678
Do you have qt bitch tits?
>>
>>5665407

no, but his brother was a flaming faggot
>>
>>5662996
Dem nonexistent shoulders... Getting fucking jealous
>>
>>5663078
The hat must go. otherwise OK.

On second thoughts, the designer of the hat must also go.
>>
>>5664052
Almost nobody knows how to take a good photography.
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (42KB, 533x594px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
42KB, 533x594px
>>5665515
>this entire post
>>
File: morning_picdump_591_32__800.jpg (420KB, 800x643px) Image search: [Google]
morning_picdump_591_32__800.jpg
420KB, 800x643px
>>5664412
It looks good, but those shoes must go. Major fashion violation there.

It should also just transition before it's to late.
>>
>>5667411
What's so bad with the shoes?
>>
>>5667461
Clash and not color balanced with the rest of the outfit and look. he could have mirrored the color in his hair or used the same color as the outfit and it would have been much better, but still the style is off for the rest of the outfit.
>>
>>5663078
it's not bigoted if you wouldn't like it on anyone else
>>
i dont think this nigger is genderfluid, genderfluid motherfuckers tend to switch between genders (ie. you dress like a chick one day and as a man the next day, so on and forth) this niggah seems to be some sort of pangendered individual situation, like he identifies with both genders simultaneously. the expression pangendered probably doesnt even exist. but im sure a tumblr fagit somewhere has machinated a label for this sort of hee-havioural deviation.
>>
>>5664410
Actually, he's what I said he is.

That he cucks people into buying useless shit thanks to his tumblr shitposting is no surprise. That doesn't prove he's a genuine anything, it just lends credence to the idea he's a lying pedophile.

And whining about how non-binary people should treat Jesus Christ with more respect on tumblr isn't "activism."
>>
>>5664507
That korra face gets me every time
>>
I identify as genderfluid, and it works for me. I end up looking like a dyke, which is fine for me.
>>
>>5670107
Just go for whatever's, why identity as anything? It's like wearing a fedora and telling everyone that you identify as "classy".
>>
>>5662996
It's essentially people confusing masculinity and femininity with gender identity.
You may feel vulnerable for whatever reason and consider that to be feminine, but your gender is not female. You may feel confident and consider that masculine but your gender is not male.

Tumblr tards have just over exposed trans issues and not done a very good job of describing what it is to be trans, so any idiot who comes along and feels like wearing a piece of fabric traditionally made for the other sex, or feels a masculine or feminine trait, conflates that with their gender changing.
It's ridiculous
>>
>>5663204
I agree, but the person op posted doesn't know how to buy clothes in his right size, which is why it looks stupid
>>
File: 1453147776957.jpg (69KB, 720x719px) Image search: [Google]
1453147776957.jpg
69KB, 720x719px
>>5662996
No. There are definitely some people who are either cis or binary-trans and just say they're fluid or non-binary for attention, but there are legitimately fluid and non-binary people out there too.

Myself, I'm not really either, I just identify as genderfluid for convienience. I'm more or less a trans woman, I'm on HRT and I consider myself female internally, but I still present as male in my day to day life and don't know if I ever want to change that. I've just never had very strong social dysphoria, I don't care if other people think of me as a dude, it's how I feel inside that matters. I love presenting as female, but I just can't commit to being full time. I'm not passable at all, and I know most of my friends and family wouldn't accept me that way.
>>
>>5670906
That's not genderfluid or non-binary. You're just an ugly transgirl.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>5664015
thats brilliant
>>
>>5670906
See
>>5670672
>>
>>5662996
Being an upperclass New Yorker with "obscure tastes in fashion" =/= genderfluid.
>>
>>5662996

I thought fluidity implied being able to pass as a man, woman or andro. This just looks like a guy in a dress.
>>
>>5662996
>tfw when that build but wastes it on tumblr bullshit.
>tfw no small frame
>>
>>5663078
No. It really does look stupid.
>>
I identify as non binary. I've wrestled with dysphoria (still do) and I am starting to consider hormones and maybe surgery later down the road.

Non binary people do exist but sadly a lot of NBs on tumblr takes it as a fashion trend. If you're not cis you're often dysphoric, scared, confused, depressed, self loathing and wishing you could just be normal. And here are these kids pretty much WISHING they weren't cis and thinking a dress will take that away. It's disgusting to me and my trans friends desu
>>
>>5676238
The desu was unintentional but I ain't even mad
>>
idk if fashion and attention seeking are exclusive to trans folks. that stuff goes more hand in hand with the progressiveness imo
>>
>>5676257
afa the blending things that are typically "gendered" is always happening in one form or another anyway. its just the general trend.
>>
Idk I identify privately as genderqueer just to acknowledge the fact that I have social and body dysphoria. However, I never wanna do anything about it so I am not trans.
>>
>>5676238
You're literally just trans.
The problem with gender binary is when your average person say it, they mean your gender is male or female and that's all it can be.
When Tumblr-tards talk about a gender binary, what they mean is there are male stereotypes and female stereotypes, but were all a bit of both. And instead I taking that to realise everyone knows men an women don't adhere to these stereotypes, they take it to actually mean gender isn't binary and we need terms like "demigirl"

Gender is binary, you have a gender, it is make or female. Masculine and feminine behaviours are not gender.
>>
File: toomuch.png (322KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
toomuch.png
322KB, 499x499px
>>5662996
sometimes it can be done well.
exhibit a
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.