[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you move forward in transition?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: manwoman3.jpg (27KB, 250x442px) Image search: [Google]
manwoman3.jpg
27KB, 250x442px
So basically I have been on hrt and in transition for a year and now I am stuck as a half man half woman mutant freak. What the fuck comes next? No one ever prepared me for this, everyone just said take hrt till people start seeing you as a girl and then go full time but is more complicated than that.
>>
You need to socialize in the fashion women do to fully transition. You should already have a female mentality if you went that far, so it shouldn't be so hard to get. I am seven months in and I am finally getting into the hang of things socially. Started making real girl friends and having fun with life finally.
>>
>>5603342
what in the fuck
>>
>>5603351
Is it too complicated? You have to interact with the world as a girl for the world to see you as a girl. It starts with getting out there and living life.
>>
>>5603351
Kek, hard to believe that shit. Your voice is next, obv.
Grab a pushup bra, maybe inlays and some cheap clothes you think you'd dare going outside in and get comfy wearing that stuff.
Grow your hair, get rid of your beard, it'll all come to you slowly.
Do your eyebrows, try out eyeliner or kajal, should give a small confidence boost.
>>
>>5603397
Seems too much focus on the appearance and not enough on the substance. The goal isn't to look like a girl, but to be one. I mean, those are probably things you do want to work on as well, but you don't want to neglect your emotional and mental development just to look more convincing. I recommend a more balanced approach.
>>
>>5603127
Oh, sweetie, you don't have to worry about whether or not you pass. Just be yourself, hon, and people will see the woman you truly are.

Honestly though, I have no clue.
>>
>>5603387
How do you do that if people see you as a male?
>>
>>5603387
It sounds like you're going against your own natural tendencies to fit in with some clique, as if you were in high school. That and it seems like you're like a little duckling, desparately trying to immitate its mother's movements. It honestly just seems really bizzare.
>>
>>5603416
>people will see the woman you truly are.
hahaha oh my god stop you are killing me
>>
>>5603415
You cannot ever truly do those things without looking the part. People probably play along, but it's far from being "real". If you can just shoot ahead like that, good for you, but it took me quite some time to shed that masquerade I built to conform to people's expectations and being comfy with my looks made it so much easier to also be that person I wanted to be without clenching my butt.

You seem to be an outgoing type, but not everyone is.
>>
>>5603422
You need to start talking to people, and letting them get to know you anyways. Not even as trans or anything, just as a person. You build a rapport with someone, and they come to think of you as a girl and it leads others to do the same thing, since they will talk to others about it too. You need to start socializing for anyone to even understand you anyways.

There is waaay more to being a girl than the physical. That isn't even close to the most important parts anyway. Ask girls for help if you need help, we help each other out. You might find occasional snobs, but women are generally nicer and more sympathetic especially if approached genuinely.
>>
>>5603457
I was outgoing early, but then went super hermit status after puberty. Cue to 12 years later, and I am reverting back pretty well.

I can tell you that any weird interactions I've had with people has always been some guy that knew me before. Girls and women have all been really awesome about it, got so many hugs and compliments and it really made things pretty awesome.

But then again, I didn't change communities or jobs or anything, I transitioned in a place I am very publically known and interacted with for over 10 years. You have to learn to socialize to some degree in this sort of situation, or you will have a very weird time of things indeed, so I am sure that jumpstarted that for me.
>>
>>5603570
Why can't you just socialize as it comes natural to do so for you? It kinda just sounds like you're wearing another mask. Is it because of how people will judge you? I'm no expert, but behavior that has to be learned and forced, just sounds like conformity and doesn't sound comfortable at all.
>>
>>5603415
So much this. If you make cis female friends they will get you there so much quicker. If cis females don't accept that you are female it will be so lonely. Focus on emotion, voice, and manner. Lose the male privilege.
>>
>>5603590
I didn't say that, I just said you have to socialize period. I see so many trans girls just not even doing that, and I don't even understand it and it just hurts them. I didn't say anything about forced or learning to do it in a different way than you would naturally do. I just said that if you don't you would have a very weird time, because things will change and no one will have ANY idea what to think and all sorts of rumors will fly unless YOU do something about it personally.
>>
>>5603595
Haha this fucker just used male privilege unironically.
>>
>>5603615
I have absolutely no clue how I would meet people while I feel like a total freak.
From what I've experienced, their expectations are too high for me, and I don't really get help with the things I need it for.
Maybe I didn't meet the right people or something, but then I don't know how I would.
>>
>>5603645
It is true though.
>>
>>5603657
Volunteer. I met people at NOW meetings, and childrens charity events. At art shows. Go to things where women go.
>>
>>5603675
That would feel like trying so hard to be a woman doing "woman stuff" that I cannot identify with at all...
Like shedding one masquerade to put on another.
I knew I'd be a dyke before I went through with it, but I didn't think I couldn't do it without help, for which I wouldn't have had any friends anyway.

The only thing I think I'd genuinly volunteer for is being a bat rescuer and I cannot do that where I live.
>>
>>5603720
Well, girls interact with each other a lot, so you are gonna have to find some way to get to that level. If you see a girl wearing something you like, compliment her on it and then talk to her about other things if she seems friendly and responsive. It could lead to a real conversation, and a new friend.

You don't have to go to events and things you don't believe in, but you do have to seize opportunities you come across or they will slip by you. You can meet a new friend at the super market, getting coffee at a random place, or even just walking down the street. You just have to get to the point were you are not afraid to say something at all.
>>
>>5603720
what about a different kind of nature reserve or animal shelter?
>>
>>5603808
>at the super market
Anxiety is on overdrive in those places ;_;
I dunno how to shed my social issues. I know you're right but there's barrier inbetween.
>>
>>5603835
That works too. Animal rescue is female dominated.
>>
File: 5186_d555.jpg (43KB, 459x600px) Image search: [Google]
5186_d555.jpg
43KB, 459x600px
>>5603835
>>5603876
Way too urban where I live. I'm not all that interested in many animals either. I just did some drugs once and had a crazy bad trip and someone tried to calm me down telling me about cutesy bats, and that burnt itself into my mind somehow and I've become a bat fanatic.

I'll give it a thought, but there's very little fauna around where I live. Not opposed to moving somewhere else after surgeries, but for now I'm bound.
>>
>>5603342
I don't understand what girls would like to be friends with tranny freaks? Or do you mean the weirdo sjw girls that will be friends with anyone? What about normal women who actually are successful in life and have self respect and care about their image
>>
>>5603896
Well let us see, I go out with a group of girls and young women every few weeks or so for a girls night, from ages 18 to 30. One of which is co-owner of a local business, and they all have jobs and/or schools they are working through. People aren't as negatively judgmental as you apparently, which is good news for the state of the world. Some people will get to know you before passing judgments like the ones you are spouting.

Sometimes we go out for drinks, other times we go to a movie, and occasionally we do karaoke. No commitments and we just have fun hanging out and having a good time. I have a girl as a room-mate, and we've become basically as close as sisters with what we share with each other emotionally. I have first-hand experienced that the world is not so dark if you get out there.
>>
>>5603892
Animal rescue is very female in urban areas. I foster rescue dogs, and our events are 80% females. It is just so much fun. Houston here.
>>
>>5603956
I wish I was in a girl group.
>>
>>5603896
All my friends are indeed non SJW cis women. Successful ones at that.
>>
You need to stop, let your body return to normal, and begin a process of acceptance of your natural self. Read all of the literature and history about SRS and you'll see that it'll never make you feel better.
>>
>>5606205
I don't think SRS even has come up in this thread, for all you know OP is non-op.
>>
>>5606246
If SRS isn't the goal then there's literally no point to hormones.
>>
>>5603956
I can't help but think all those girls pity you and don't consider you a woman deep down at all
>>
>>5606397
Because the most rational thing to do at all times is to assume that everyone that associates with you secretly pities you. That is a rabbit hole that no one lives down. Away with you. People won't regularly spend their free relaxation time with you if they don't like you.
>>
>>5603720
what kind of stuff did you do before starting to transition? if you're not a gender-politicker or volunteering fan before you're not going to magically get into that shit.
did you play sports? read certain kinds of books? were you a weeb? did you play video games? are you into music? film? cooking?
>>
>>5607547
I play some MMOs, yeah, and I go to festivals too. Used to play tennis and go inline skating but haven't done that in ages.
I got quite a bunch of hobbies but right now I'm pursueing almost none of them. Just feel way too bad about myself and my looks to be anything but nervous.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.