[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mtf life in texas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: notokay.jpg (90KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
notokay.jpg
90KB, 500x347px
>moving to texas in two weeks
>by next month i'll be moving out to live independent from parents
>try to search how hrt works in texas
>google results in articles of murder
>mfw

s-so how the fuck does one transition in texas? i'll be in the dfw area if that makes a difference. might transfer to a college in houston though. might. big might.

even mentioning which gender therapist to go to would help
>>
>>5597098
Suppose I'd get a gun before I transition if I lived there.
>>
>>5597098
Texas has informed consent if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>5597117
;-;

>>5597129
oh i think i've heard of this. it means i don't need a therapist right? but then who prescribes me the hormones and t-blockers?
>>
>>5597147
This should help.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/932389/Trans/Stepping%20Forward%20-%20Informed%20Consent%20Clinics.pdf
>>
>>5597098
it doesn't even matter, don't be so paranoid

I'm in texas and I know a bunch of lgbt people (although I'm in Austin)
>>
You know the expression "only steers and queers come from Texas?" I'm 99% certain that that was referring to Dallas specifically. It's pretty goddamn trans friendly as far as southern cities go.

Where in Texas are you moving OP?
>>
>>5597098
Houston here. It isn't so bad. The election just sucked, but people in the city are generally very nice.
>>
Texas isn't that great if you're trans. I grew up there and lived there for... about 22 years.

Texas is a big state, and unless you tell us the city you're moving too then we can't give the best answers.

When I was transitioning in Austin it was difficult to find HRT and a good therapist & electrolysist, but I eventually did.

>>5598317
I tjink that expression refers to the fact that Texas's two main exports are cattle and gay people. Cattle because of the large ranching and cattle industry, and gay people because of the anti-gay culture of Texas that drives most of us to move to other, more gay friendly, states and places.
>>
File: 1441909784978.jpg (73KB, 720x694px) Image search: [Google]
1441909784978.jpg
73KB, 720x694px
>>5597098
I'm trans and I live in East fucking Texas.

There's not IC in Texas. Nobody will give a shit about you if you pass, there are LOADS of hrt drs in Austin and Dallas, the one I see is in Plano.

Houston is full of Katrina niggers, stay the fuck away from that place, wth.

You'll probably be fine in DFW or Austin, they're both really queer friendly and generally nice places to be in Texas, everywhere else is runny hot shit though.
>>
>>5598376
>gay people because of the anti-gay culture of Texas that drives most of us to move to other, more gay friendly, states and places.

Oh. Shit, I thought that meant that Texas had a lot of gays. My bad.

But Dallas is still pretty trans friendly compared to, say, Austin and Houston.
>>
>>5598311
well, didn't people say austin doesn't care because of the motto "keep austin weird" or something?

>>5598317
well, like i said, i'll be in the dallas/fort worth area. my biggest fear is mostly college life there.
>>
>>5598399
Inside the Loop is pretty good. I am trans and honestly life isn't so bad.
>>
s-so is houston good or no? i-i thought some people said it was alright?

...are there at least any colleges in the dallas/fort worth area that are easy to get in? my grades are pretty bad ;-;
>>
I'm living in San Antonio right now. I wouldn't think it a good place for it, but that's a guess based upon the people here. There could be some informed consent clinics, but I was having trouble finding any so I just self-med for now.

Austin is pretty liberal and modern. Probably not so bad there. Might move there or somewhere else before I go full time. Dallas and Houston are supposedly good too but I haven't spent tons of time in those places.
>>
>>5598539
Houston is fine.
>>
I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you're poor, contact the Nelson-Tebedo Clinic in Dallas. Get into their system. They do informed consent HRT. The waiting lists are long; it took me about a year, but it was worth it in the end. Visits are $10 and labs are around $100. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.

More resources here => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wsSqetdQ4YqnaQFQGLlQUjk3ocLSJDmDerMrlgMRKdY/pubhtml#

As far as culture goes Texas is pretty shit for out gay and trans people, but if you blend in you'll be alright. Dallas is better than the average small town shithole, so take advantage of the resources you have.
>>
>>5598680
labs? i have no idea what those are.. but thanks for the info. (though i don't know if i like the idea of transitioning at age late 19/early 20...)
>>
>>5598680
If you don't feel like waiting the Clinic will also pretty much give you a letter you can take to whoever you want.
>>
>>5598697
you are ditzy as fuck. research your own health information, it matters much less to everyone else whether you're safe and knowledgeable.
>>
>>5598387

I live in plano, I was under the impression that there were no IC clinics in Dallas...

Could you give me a list of the ones you've found?
>>
>>5603393

Sorry, misread, but can you give me a list of the hrt drs you've found?

Thanks and sorry for the necrobump
>>
>>5597098
Dfw isn't too bad, there's the Nelson Tabedo clinic in Dallas that does volunteer therapy and they'll even write you a prescription (however the wait to see the doctor is roughly a year) If you want to get a letter somewhere else there's doctor Amiee Wright in plano that deals with a ton of trans patients. So yeah, don't worry way too much about stuff, the cities aren't too bad for trans people.
>>
>>5603403

Nevermind, found >>5598680's post.

Disregard everything
>>
>>5598387
Hey, where in east tx are you? 903 here and I usually just go into Dallas whenever I can
>>
>>5598539
DFW is awesome and Houston is still pretty good, really any major city is going to be fine, the reputation comes from the majority of space being taken up by little nowhere towns where life sucks for everyone
>>
>>5597129
no. I live in texas, and there is a mythical informed consent clinic in dallas, but I've been in contact with them before and they require a therapists letter, no different from an endo. Informed consent clinics in texas stopped offering a few years ago for some reason.
That said, texas isnt bad. No actual city is cowboy land or anything, they're all pretty urban, no dfferent than other big cities. Being trans here is no less safe than most cities.
>>
File: Texas.jpg (209KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
Texas.jpg
209KB, 900x637px
TEXAS IS THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE TO BE A TRANNY YEHAW

P.S. Only if you pass however.
>>
1) Go to Austin, or the rich parts of Dallas. There are no alternatives to this.
2) Get on Austin city/government worker insurance, or get insurance from a national/multinational corporation based outside of the South.
Alternative: Be rich as fuck.
3) Go to clinics until you find a doctor willing to prescribe you medication if you bring them a reasonable plan and can eloquently explain the effects of the drugs. Texas is an Informed Consent state. They don't give a single fuck.
Alternative: if in Austin, the local trans community can hook you up with one of two really good doctors that actually specialize in HRT. Avoid hons, as always.

Good luck, retard. We'll both need it.
>>
Austin is overrated as fuck. Dont believe the lies.
>>
>>5607137
lol ok

It's not like there's plenty of publically available records of it having extremely low rent, tons of nightlife, and some of the lowest instances of crime in cities in the South.
>>
>>5607145
Rent is expensive as fuck in austin
>>
>>5607179
You have never been in another urban center, have you?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.