[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name rating thread for mtf and ftm. Bi gay les anything else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 4

File: 5ciSEt5.jpg (89KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
5ciSEt5.jpg
89KB, 675x900px
Name rating thread for mtf and ftm. Bi gay les anything else are welcome to rate names/judge autistic snowflake names

Anons post up the names they want/possibly want AND what language their country speaks (Marie-Claire in the US? No. Harald if you're not from Scandinavia? No.)

Example posts (don't actually rate those names I have already chosen mine so I don't care):

Annabelle, Maxine, Charlotte; French-speaking
John, Steven, George; English region
>>
>>5516600
samantha, usa
>>
Joan. America.

>>5516902
Fine, especially if you were born in the 90's when it was one of the most popular girl's names, but even at other times it's a pretty common name.
>>
emily, usa
>>
Joelle, california.
>>
katherine
australiayy
>>
>>5516600
Rrobynne
>>
>>5517396
oh and UK
>>
Saori, UK
>>
Jacklyn usa
>>
>>5516956
Fine, common.

>>5517355
Not terribly common, but at least in the top 1000 most common in the US for the past fourty years or so according to social security records. I've never actually heard the name pronounced, is it like 'Joel' or 'Jo-Eel' or 'Jo-Elly'? Maybe it's just me, but maybe other people will have trouble knowing how they should pronounce it when they see it written, I don't know.

>>5516954
>>5517384
Don't know enough about Australian or Slavic to judge
>>
Nina
Usa
>>
>>5516600
Dillon, Land Of The Free Home Of The Brave
>>
>>5517396
FTM / 10
But if you like it, rock it.

>>5517418
Isn't that a Japanese name? Or is it taken from somewhere else? I don't think it's English, in any case. It sounds nice anyways.

>>5517425
A less common spelling than Jacqueline, but not terribly uncommon unless you were born in the 2000's (the Jacklyn spelling seems to have become uncommon then, no idea why). Seems fine in any case, might get you called 'Jack' as a nickname though, not sure if you're okay with that.
>>
>>5517461
It seems to be pretty common, although I think it's more common as a hispanic name. I don't know how common it is among other groups (and I don't know what your ethnicity is), so maybe consider whether it fits your background or not.

>>5517464
A lot more common according to social security records than I thought; maybe it's only common in a region I haven't lived. I guess it's fine if it's common, in any case.
>>
>>5517473
i'm an mtf named Jack
>>
>>5517473
but I'm mtf :/ is that bad then?
>>
>>5517525
Oh, sorry. You'd probably draw less attention if you spelt it Robin (I'm assuming that's how you pronounce it), but it's your choice.
>>
>>5517431
thanks! Jo-ehl. It's kinda close to my birth name and I'm a sucker for references.

Joan doesn't feel like a young name- not that it feels like an old name! nobody's going to clock you with it, I don't think. one syllable and as far from snowflake as can be gotten.
>>
Molly
Canada
>>
>>5517621
weed jokes aside you'll be fine
>>
>>5517396
Rybynny is better.
>>
>>5517689
>not rohbynne
>>
>>5516600
Checked them dubs

Also mtf Natalie from US
>>
>>5517396
Why do you need to spell it so strangely? It just makes you sound like a special snowflake or trans. Robyn is fine.
>>
>>5517547
So just to be clear, when you say you're a sucker for references is it because it sounds like the name of Superman's biological father (Jor-El), or just that it sounds like your birth name?
>>
>>5516600
Taylor. USA. mtf

It's an androgynous name so I just decided to keep it probably
>>
Kayan
>>
Moya, usa

Will probably go by Mo for short
>>
>>5517952
farscape/10
>>
>>5517396
>Stefonknee
>>
Sasha, USA.
>>
Bob.
America.
>>
>>5517657

molly isn't weed... it's mdma... weed is mary jane...
>>
Caesar, USA.
>>
Caitlyn, burgerland.
>>
>>5518376
Caitlyn is kinda off limits. I know a Tgirl who decided on Caitlyn a year or two before Jenner came out and has gotten so much shit for it ever since. Do you boo boo but fyi
>>
>>5516600
Mallory, US
>>
Alex ,USA

Alexander is my birth name and I mostly like it so I want to keep the Alex.
>>
October, usa
>>
>>5516600
charlie
usa
>>
sydney, cali
>>
sylvia
burgerland
>>
Ezra, usa
>>
>>5517705
I like it, sounds normal
>>
>>5518314
Love this name
>>
>>5518555
Justin Furstenfeld's daughter is named that. A little out there, but I like it. Just make sure you can pull it off on yourself, though.
>>
Stuck between Jane and Emma, both fairly common around my birth-year. I would have gone with Anne or Annie (again, both fairly common if a little close to the infamous Alice) since they're so close to my old name that you could mistake saying one for the other, but it's my sister's middle name and my grandmother's first name, so that's right out. Eileen is a possibility but a distant one.
>>
David, Canada

also, suggestions for middle name? my current one is super super southern-feminine so it's gotta go. was thinking william or something but have no idea.
>>
>>5518807
David William could sound good, but probably only if you have a one or two syllable last name. If it'd longer or ends on a soft letter, try Mark, John or something else shorter. Also, Canada has a LOT of very different areas with different naming traditions. Nova scotia obviously has gaelic influences where BC is more anglo-saxon and quebec is full of frenchies. So it depends on the area, I guess.
>>
>>5518807
I like david. Why do you need a middle name, though? Two names roll off thr tongue easier than three and middle names dont really serve a purpose anyway.
>>
>>5518890

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm not sure whether I'll have to change my last name yet, right now it's three syllables and russian but depending on how disowned I am when my father finds out I'm trans I might have to change it. The one I'd change it two would be two syllables.

I'm in Ontario now but it's pretty diverse here, probably about 75-80% of people have foreign names, ie. asian, middle eastern, irish, russian, etc. So fitting in isn't bad as long as you're not like a white guy named Amir with a russian last name or something.
>>
>>5518917

Missed your reply. I don't know, I just have a middle name now and it would be kind of strange without one? I guess everyone has one here, people would just think I'm trying to hide a weird middle name if I said I didn't have one.
>>
Cassandra, I got by Casey or Cassey. Friends call me Cass. I feel like it's a super unicorn name but it was one of the popular names for hispanic women born around the time I was born.
>>
MtF Zoey from the UK
Does it sound normal??
>>
What do you think of April? Aus Vic
>>
>>5518534

I was just kidding, there's no way I'd be tacky enough to pick that.

Anyway, for real:

Olivia, Australia.
>>
>>5519644

I think month/season names are a bit lame unless you're super hot/cute in which case nobody is going to care what you name yourself.
>>
>>5519637
Where I'm from Zoey is a sorta trailer trash name, I honestly don't think it's a bad thing though.
>>
MtF
I go by Eve. I'm from Germany and it's not common at all over here, but I was called Yves in French before and it's pronounced the same. So I essentially kept my name. Do you guys think that's cheating or is it legit, if I never hated my name by itself too much.
>>
Angel USA
I know its not a real common name, but I've known several girls with it plus one sweet Mexican dude. Idk i think i just like the vibe i have associated with it.
>>
Chloe. From UK
>>
Kara, USA
MTF
>>
>>5519768
>>5519637
I've known Chloes and Zoes, don't get complex with the spelling variations and you should be fine.

UK: Spencer, Scott
>>
>>5516600
Cordelia, Americanese
>>
Kacey, USA
>>
>>5519794

On a scale of one to ten, snowflake/10
>>
Stefonknee (pronounced "Stephanie") canada
>>
>>5519897

If you want to be named Stephanie, choose Stephanie

Stefon's Knee just looks snowflake/bad/dumb
>>
>>5518675

jane
>>
>>5519897
>>
>>5518639
Thanks
>>
Raven
>>
>>5520034
I should mention I'm MtF and it was a little common in my birth year
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (24KB, 189x393px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
24KB, 189x393px
"Taylor".

I don't want something too feminine.
Pic is of what I wish I looked like.
>>
>>5519782
> don't get complex with the spelling variations and you should be fine
Klohea and Zowie

>>5520034
Edgy/10

Jenna.
>>
>>5517921
Joelle van Dyne. Considered Elle, but Joelle references birth name, le infinite meme, and the username I go by (albeit obliquely).
>>
>>5517396
>>5517400
"no."
>>
Alyssa, USA
>>
>>5520751
you'll be fine.
>>
>>5520141
Jenna is a good name.

Is Raven really that edgy? I'm about as far away from edgy as you can get, so I dont think most people who know me personally would think that. I have had to drap with some "that's so Raven" jokes, although I sorta expected that.
>>
Lindsay. MtF UK
>>
Miles, ftm.
>>
Why pick some fantasy name? Isn't the point to fit in? What's wrong with a name like Debbie?
>>
stella, usa
>>
LaRaquwanda, UK but originally from Liberia
>>
john, ftm. most boring name i could think of that's not too common in people my age.
>>
>>5521391
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVrU0JNAgqI
The only thing I ever think of when I meet someone with that name.
>>
>>5516600
Ana, EU
>>
Cole ftm, usa
>>
>>5517505
>although I think it's more common as a hispanic name
That's because you're American. Nina is Russian/Slavic name that is also popular in hispanic regions. Same as how ton of Americans seems to think "Sophia" is a Hispanic name. No, bitch, it's not, it literally means "wisdom" in Greek and a ton of European noble and royal ladies and Queens had the name. Hell Franz Ferdinand's wife was called Sophia.
>>
>>5521646
Hey, same. Did you used to be a Nicole, by any chance? I feel less awkward asking people to call me something that's really similar to my old name than I would if I changed it to something completely different.
>>
Remy, UK mtf
>>
>>5522192
I know Remy as a masculine French name, the hell did you get that from?
>>
>>5522227
well it can be spelt with an i or y, kinda like tony.
i got it from a girl from school who's called remi and i thought it was a really nice name, something a little different but not tumblr special snowflake tier.
>>
Mitch/Mitchell USA
>>
>>5522332
from Michelle? nice. not a name that calls up its opposite gender converse at all. pass.
>>
File: Gambit.jpg (205KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Gambit.jpg
205KB, 1440x900px
>>5522192
X-Men/10
>>
Clare
USA
>>
Jackie
USA
>>
Damien
USA

>>5523700
Pretty normal, yeah. My sisters middle name.

>>5523763
Knew some Jacklyn/Jaclyn (s) in college, decent name unless you think about the mouth sounds too much.
>>
Lillian, USA
>>
Sophia, USA
>>
Alva
Mtf
Scandinavia
>>
Rachel or Vivian
Mtf
>>
>>5536403
Rachel 8.5/10
Vivian 7/10
>>
Elena, mtf, EU
>>
Melanie UK
>>
>>5518606
Pretty name.

>>5518675
Emma is a very beautiful name.

>>5519623
It's a common name over Latam, yes. And it's nice.

>>5519709
I don't see how you're cheating. You're lucky.

>>5517396
Please don't.

>>5517418
Dweeb

>>5536695
Nice name.
>>
Alice, USA (Florida)

Every time I see one of these threads someone seems to have something against the name Alice. What's up with that? Did I miss something at some point?
>>
>>5537552
common tranny name, avoid
>>
>>5537702
Too late, settled on it years ago, all of my friends already know me by Alice. How screwed am I?
>>
erika, usa
mexican and from illinois if it make any difference.
>>
>>5516600
Ivanna Beagrl
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.