[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtddtot/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 61

File: F1JER941F.jpg (120KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
F1JER941F.jpg
120KB, 800x520px
didn't see one in the catalog
questions that don't deserve their own thread

What parts would I need to change to convert a DA/SA Jericho 941F to SAO? Just an SA trigger, or would I have to mess around with some of the internals too?
>>
File: Jericho 941FS Compensated.jpg (130KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
Jericho 941FS Compensated.jpg
130KB, 800x520px
>>35034475
W2C Comp?
>>
What's the point of these threads? No one ever answers the niche questions because they're too niche and no one answers the obvious questions because they're too obvious
>>
Should I go pawn shop hopping for a first gun
Either a shotgun or a rifle
How can I check that the gun isn't broken
>>
>>35035486
Case the store, see what you think you want. Go home and research said gun(s). Find price they go for/in what condition. Look up takedown videos. Return with cash but haggle if list price is over normal sale price. Leave with gun.
>>
>>35034475
>>35034521
Why the fuck are these so popular all of tbe sudden?
>>
>>35034475
a dremel

:^)
>>
>>35035468
I've only ever had one question go unanswered mate.
Some cunts even throw together images for me to explain.
>>
where is the cheapest place to get a slide completion kit for a Glock 17 3rd gen? I already have the recoil spring assembly, and a firing pin.

its to finish up my PF9/40 GHOST GLAWK

I also need some cheap sights. should i ask at the gunshop by me if they have a used set of glock factory shit sites?
>>
>>35035578
This but I would probably do research on the spot somewhere close by since it's a pawn shop so they'll go fast
>>
>>35037341
They've always had one wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>35034475
What are some half decent red dots that won't bankrupt me?
>>
>>35037455
>They've always had one wtf are you talking about?
Who've always had one what? You're drunk, anon
>>
>>35034475
Is it a good idea to use a Mosin sling on an SKS?
>>
in the army and marines, how long do soldiers in the field go without a laundry day?
>>
>>35035468
you're entirely correct, but what usually happens is some tripfaggot or a gaggle of niglets decide to make the entire thread about one thing, or talk entirely about themselves, thus, destroying the entire thread.
usually happens in the first 30 posts.
>>
>>35037341
you are a newfag if you think Jericho's are becoming popular "all of a sudden"
>>
Would using spray paint possibly affect gun performance? Like it might get inside the action for example. Have there bwwn any cases of this?
>>
Opinions on the CZ P09 for a first handgun? The price, capacity, and reputation all seem appealing. The whole only the decocker or safety thing seems a little weird, but not a deal breaker as long as I can get one with the safety. 9 mm doesn't seem prohibitively expensive for training purposes. Any more experienced anons have some context here?
>>
>>35037766
I have the suppressor ready version and its a great gun. I love it. Itd be a good first gun if you buy new you'll get the sa parts but I love da/sa. Most pistol rounds are all cheap if not poorfag.
>>
Would some spray-on shit like cerakote or duracoat be fine for something with an aluminum/alloy frame like a 92FS or is there something special I have to use for a refinish?
>>
>>35037823
Fine.
>>
File: f69.jpg (24KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
f69.jpg
24KB, 394x370px
What was the name of that badass special forces guy with glasses who looks nerdy but you should not under any circumstances fuck with him?

Pic sorta related he worked with British S.A.S.
>>
>>35040131
Mike Vining
>>
>>35040144
YES, FINALLY. THANK YOU!
>>
>>35035486
Any decent FFL will not sell a broken firearm to you without telling you first

>>35037764
Cover the crown and ejection port with painters tape. Firearms generally are not very finicky mechanical devices given good ammo. Paint will wear too.
>>
>>35034475
Beretta, Sig, or CZ

which is the best Cold War double action?

I'm leaning toward the Beretta since used ones as well as their parts are plentiful (92s italian surplus are still around as well as cheapo Taurus clones that are actually decent)

Is there any reason to go with the other two?
>>
>>35037341
Probably that dumb new anime 'cowbop beboy' or some shit.
>>
File: This-New-England-Town.jpg (547KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
This-New-England-Town.jpg
547KB, 1600x1200px
>>35034475
Any MA residents here? Im moving there(not by choice, but for work) and am confused by the 10 round mag limited
Iif Im able to obtain a cc permit, can I still carry more then 10 rounds if im able to find a pre ban unicorn mag? The laws says anything after the '94 ban must be a restricted mag but you can still purchase pre ban mags
>>
>>35040343
Cowboy Bebop is like 20 years old
>>
Light/laser on a carry pistol, yes or no?
>>
>>35040420
as long as it's not too big or heavy and doesn't interfere with your ability to draw and aim I don't see why not
Those are generally more useful for home defence guns though
>>
>>35040402
20 this year
>>
I recently moved out of state and left a couple of my rifles back in my former state with a family member. Is it possible to have them shipped to me, and if so what are the steps I should take? Do they have to go through an FFL? Can my relative even ship them since they are my guns?
>>
>>35034475
Should I buy a new trijicon rmr for $275? I have a glock slide with the cutout for it.
>>
File: gilboa_snake_ar_15_rifle-tfb.jpg (41KB, 643x461px) Image search: [Google]
gilboa_snake_ar_15_rifle-tfb.jpg
41KB, 643x461px
Is the gilboa vaporware or can i buy it now. Really wanting one
>>
File: 1498544699486.png (251KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1498544699486.png
251KB, 665x574px
For my first rifle, I've been very inclined to buy a PTR 91. I've read a few threads on them and they seem like excellent rifles. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or opinions or buying one or if they think another rifle would be better. Also I'm a poorfag so it would be a little while before I saved up for it. Sorry for the blogpost.
>>
>>35041178
for what purpose
>>
>>35041686
to put two holes in something at the same time
>>
if you were on the radio telling a pilot to maintain mach 8.1 would you say "mach eight one"?
>>
>>35041663
>A PTR for a first rifle

They're FINE guns, but you're better served with a cheaper to shoot, lighter recoiling weapon to train. 5.56 or 7.62x 39 would work better than a full size.

That said, its your money anon, and you'll be happy with a PTR
>>
File: reported.jpg (6KB, 261x320px) Image search: [Google]
reported.jpg
6KB, 261x320px
>>35041979
Attention all aircraft. False ATC instructions have been received in the area of Faggot Airport. Exercise extreme caution on all frequencies and verify instructions
>>
>>35041979
mach eight point one

t. pilot
>>
>>35042665
This
>>35041663

The PTR is an excellent rifle but it is expensive to feed. I would recommend starting with an AR-15, maybe even building your own one to help you get a better understanding of guns. You can use the time spent saving up to research what parts will suit your needs best.
>>
>>35042716
so would mach eight one but mach 81?
>>
>>35042768
what? speak english you fucking loser
>>
>>35042790
so would mach "eight one" BE mach 81, butthole
>>
File: IMG_20170826_124653529 (2).jpg (2MB, 3827x2153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170826_124653529 (2).jpg
2MB, 3827x2153px
I put an Astra Constable II thats pretty worn and has a lot of FTFs up on Armslist for 300$. The only hit I've had is some guy offering me a PK380 with 2 mags and a box of ammo.

Anyone have experience with the PK380? How is it?

Pic related is my Astra
>>
>>35042811
we have to have aircraft capable of flying at mach 81 for that to even be something in the protocol books anon.
>>
>>35042854
well I've got an interesting radio transmission recording, anon
>>
>>35042866
So you're assuming that you overheard a broadcast about an aircraft traveling .00926742% of C instead of someone making a mistake over the radio?
>>
>>35042922
must have been 8.1 then
>>
>>35043107
probably point 8 1

what manned aircraft goes mach 8.1
>>
File: IWouldTell22.jpg (617KB, 1000x1113px) Image search: [Google]
IWouldTell22.jpg
617KB, 1000x1113px
>>35043119
>>
>>35042852
Its an Umarex made Walther. Pretty cheap too. if you want a gun with a warranty that you would like to actually carry it should be okay though.
>>
Ruger Mk IV yes or no?
>>
>>35041979
Eight one mach means mach 0.81.
>>
>>35034475
>just into reloading
>excitement
>all the stuff is ere
>lube cases
>sizing die in
>set boolet
>pull lever
>stuck casing
>pulls the sizing pin out
>try methods to remove as described in manual
>nothing
>try youtube
>so stuck nothing will move now
What the fuck is wrong with me? I watched a hundred videos and read up before hand and everything but I still fucked things up. Am I too retarded to into reloading?
>>
File: 1469646676055.jpg (34KB, 645x397px) Image search: [Google]
1469646676055.jpg
34KB, 645x397px
>>35034475
Lasers vs glowsights

what are the benefits and drawbacks of each respectively? Is one objectively overall better than the other? In the context of pistols.

I started wondering about this because I have both pistols with glowsights (my little p238 for pocket carry on nights/weekends in warm weather when I'm not wearing proper belted pants) and lasers (e.g. crimsontrace on my 1911 which is my average edc). Like I guess the glowsite is better than the laser in that only YOU can see it (e.g. bump in the night, if you can be sneaky enough getting to the livingroom, you can brain the guy before he even knows anyone is home), but the laser is better than the glowsite in being significantly easier to see and by extension easier to line up shot in a high speed/high stress situations?

So my understanding of it is Laser is better for CC/active confrontation and glowsight is better for HD/defensive and I guess also kinda niche stealthy/longrange offensive? I mean if you were in some sort of gunbattle in a large dark indoor or outdoor area, it seems like glow would be decidedly better than conventional irons (which are fucking hard to see in the dark) as well as laser (which lets them see you in the dark)?

Am I about right? Or am I missing anything? And no I don't purport to be some kind of high speed low drag tacticool motherfucker itching to shoot people, I'm just talking in pure hypotheticals about the intended purpose and respective benefits and drawbacks of these two philosophically similar but functionally different 'modern' sight types.
>>
Will a Jericho slide fit a 75 frame?
>>
Is it strange or bad that I'm reluctant to carry my higher-end pistols?

I could carry my Sig that I love and I'm good with, but I instead carry a S&W Shield that I got for 1/3rd the price. My rationale is, if something happens, like I have to use it, and I lose the Shield, no harm no foul; I can afford another almost on a whim, but the Sig I saved up for and couldn't replace nearly as easily.
>>
>>35042852
Try to trade for something not made by Umarex.
>>
>>35043418
Yes, if you buy one new.
>>35041663
PTRs are awesome rifles, but a bit expensive to feed. If that's not an issue, get a 91. If you can't afford .308, get a PTR 32 or a Zenith Z43. Those are also great roller delayed blowback guns.
>>
How legal would it be to get a Mossberg shockwave or Remington tac 14, buy an m4 stock adapter with pistol grip, remove the rifle buffer, add a pistol buffer, and use a brace? It should be far over the 26" oal to be a title 1 firearm, and if you remove the barrel while doing so, the gun is just a reciever that's never been a shotgun...
>>
>>35040402
FUCK!
>>
File: primer strikes.png (2MB, 1048x1232px) Image search: [Google]
primer strikes.png
2MB, 1048x1232px
Finally took my Mini 30 to the range and it managed to fire 29 of my 30 steel case rounds without a misfire. I did get a few misfeeds though with my new magazines but that's to be expected. What really weirded me out is the fact that I got 5 misfires out of 60 brass case rounds.

Am I getting proper primer strikes here? Pic related. I might have just been pulling the trigger on a few misfeeds I didn't notice.
>>
File: PTR91 oldschool.jpg (231KB, 1024x388px) Image search: [Google]
PTR91 oldschool.jpg
231KB, 1024x388px
>>35041663
A .308 automatic wouldn't be my first choice for a beginner, but PTR91s are rather solid, and I don't think you'll regret it. At any rate, it should keep most of it's value, so you have options if you end up changing your mind.
They're entrylevel battle rifles, in that they're the most affordable ones on the US market that aren't dogshit (looking at the Century C308), and in fact are quite good, especially for their price.

If you want to keep ammo costs down, don't be afraid to feed your PTR91 steelcase ammo, she'll take it. Optionally get a port-buffer to salvage the brass from being banged up during the rifle's ejection, and then reuse the brass casings (don't worry, the fluting-marks doesn't notably affect safety or performance).
>>
>>35044549
What brand of magazines and what brands of ammo?

Those primer strikes look pretty proper to me.
>>
>>35044585
I was using a Ruger factory 10, a factory 5, and a Promag 10 round. They're all brand new.

My ammo was Winchester, Red Army Standard steel case hollow point and Red Army Standard Elite brass.
>>
File: 1500537329827.png (116KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1500537329827.png
116KB, 500x464px
Here's a question on ballistics and firearm design that I've been wondering for awhile, it sounds really fucking stupid but that's what this thread's for, no bully pls:

Barrel length effects the velocity (and thus, the "punch") of a bullet because longer barrels = powder has more time to fully burn and all those hot carbon gasses compressed squeezes the bullet even harder, etc, however, if the barrel is too long then the powder burns out and all that happens is the bullet gets slowed further because of the barrel grooves before exiting, this is basic firearms knowledge and just plain physics.

So I've been thinking: Even with a gorillion different cartridge manufacturers (Tula, Wolf, Remington, commie countries, etc ,etc) unless SPECIFICALLY loaded "hot" or "P+" or using different grain (weight) bullet, they more or less contain the same standards of gunpowder, right? Because the cartridges' designs are standardized, then usually you won't find THAT much of a difference in the amount of gunpowder packed in, say, 9mm or 5.56 NATO, 7.62, because there's only so much you can pack into the design.

So my question is this: What's with all the different barrel lengths in firearms? If the cartridge they're chambered for is standardized and usually contains X amount of gunpowder, why not have all firearms chambered in X round use whatever barrel length that allows a standard round's powder to fully burn out and thus get the best ballistic performance? Say, if 9mm burns out at 5 inches, then all 9mm guns should have a 5 inch barrel, but no, they all differ wildly everywhere, which is why there's so many barrel length options despite using the same cartridge. Wouldn't that logically speaking just fuck up the ballistics and waste powder (and thus money per round)?

Another question I've had is: Just how fast does gunpowder burn? I find it incredulous that pistols have barrels as short as 3-5 inches, can it really all burn out in that short a length?
>>
>>35044612
ballistics by the inch.
>>
>>35044612
1. Barrel length is generally a matter of practicality. 5.56 loves 20 and 22 inch barrels, but lugging one around is unwieldy. 14.5" gets the job done for the most part. To the same effect, 9mm is perfectly capable performance envelope from 3" compared to a 10" barrel, even closer compared to 5". Imagine having to carry a 5+" barrel pistol around with you for all of your self protection needs. Shit would suck

2. In a lot of cases: no. It doesn't get all burnt up. This is why short barreled rifles in 5.56 or "snub nose" revolvers in magnum cartridges have considerably more muzzle flash and blast compared to 20" 5.56 barrels and 6" magnum barrels, respectively.
>>
>>35044607
ProMags can be pretty iffy, mostly because they use shitty plastic in their mags. I've heard mixed opinions on their metal magazines.

For light strikes, shoot a hundred or so more rounds, could be break-in.
If you still experience it, you can always get a Wolff hammer spring.
>>
>>35044663
My Promags seem to be fine. Their M1 Carbine magazines are a different story.

Keep in mind my gun was NOT new when I bought it. I just picked it up at my local pawn shop because it was a decent deal. It's a post 580 serial number.
>>
>>35044657
Lastly, the point of max bullet velocity is usually after a point where all the powder is burnt. Even after the powder burns out, the bullet is still being accelerated down the barrel behind the pressure wave. 10" gives you more speed than 5" in 9mm. You'd probably have to get a barrel 25" inches or longer to see 9mm start to slow down in the barrel before it leaves the muzzle.
>>
File: 1501258933792.jpg (45KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
1501258933792.jpg
45KB, 640x701px
>>35044641
>>35044657
>>35044686
holy fuck, then what's the point of packing that much powder then? Or why not just design a round that doesn't need a full rifle's length to reach around max velocities for the best performance? I mean, isn't that what all firearm owners want: For their rounds to go as fast as their design allows to pack as much of a punch as possible? Penetration wouldn't be a concern since I'm pretty sure spitting out even hollow points at mach speeds (compared to 3-5 inch performance) is gonna bore a tunnel through a fat fuck. If gunpowder is that explosive and packs that much force, I'm sure there's a way to design the cartridges so they're much shorter but can still send the same grain bullet screaming fast down a short barrel but without all the wasted gunpowder. More money saved AND you're actually getting peak performance out of whatever barrel length you have; since we're using 9mm pistols as an example, then around 5 inches.

btw, all these questions came to me when I got thinking on why the hell does full length .22lr rifles even exist in the first place, I didn't believe you could keep that tiny little thing accelerating past 4 inches despite it's name and yet there's rifles :/

And on snubnosed revolvers holy fuck, those must be the biggest waste of ballistic performance EVER, especially since the rounds they're chambered in are so long and even more if it's magnum! Such a waste of powder... all that sacrifice just for better portability?
Last but not least, is there a site that lists how much barrel is needed for cartridges to reach peak velocity? If what you say is true about 9mm needed 20+ inches to see disminishing returns, full rifle cartridges must be insane....
>>
>>35044944
Once again: practicality. .300 Blackout became a thing because it offered great performance from short barrels, but it hasn't been adopted because there's literally billions of rounds of 5.56 out there that do okay out of a 10.5 barrel and really well out of 14.5, despite being designed for a 20" weapon.

And I'm going to assume you're noguns, because you're failing to consider the other side of the physics: recoil and weight. Any round offering increased performance from a shorter barrel is going to kick harder and weigh more. That's why most countries around the world have adopted lightweight, high speed bullets that perform OK out of roughly 15" barrels compared to heavier bullets that work as well out of 10". The former kick less, weigh less, and still have greater effective range.

Similarly, a bullet optimized for 3" barrel performance will kick harder and be heavier than 9mm, which is perfectly OK for application in a pistol designed with 3" barrels for the purpose of being light and concealable in the first place.

As for "Max velocity barrel length" . I've looked it up before and could only find a result for 5.56 back in the day. I think "optimum" was around 33", which is ungodly long.
>>
File: IMG_0902.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0902.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>35040402
Damn I feel old now. I bought this just because of a cartoon. It's actually a really sweet shooter though.
>>
>>35044076
I'm assuming that if I have to shoot somebody I'm going to give my lawyer $3,000-$5,000, so I don't care and just carry whatever I like that day.
>>
Sup Kommandos, need your advice. Its very hard to get legal weapons in my country and laws dont help citizens defend themselves against armed robbers, but this place is a shithole, so I want to feel more secure when walking through the city and subway.
So my question is, should I conceal carry, what gun would be good for starters and what should I bear in mind when buying / taking it with my to protect meself?
>>
>>35045135
Why wouldn't it be? It's a steel-framed hammer fired gun.
>>
>>35045197
If the country you live in is such anti-fun that you're willing to risk prison by carrying for self defense....looks like your only option is to go black market, try not to go for unknown monkey brands, your biggest issue would probably be acquiring ammo.
>>
>>35040402
>Cowboy Bebop (カウボーイビバップ Kaubōi Bibappu) is a 1998 anime
>1998
Fuck, time goes by fast goddamn
>>
>>35045268
I was thinking about a derringer, or a small revolver type. And yeah I might risk it, but its either that or risking it getting mugged or stabbed in the stomach for pocket change.
>>
File: bloopers.jpg (946KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bloopers.jpg
946KB, 2400x1600px
>>35035486
Don't hold your breath, it's rare to find a deal at a pawn shop (or anywhere) because the internet is ubiquitous. But like anon said >>35035578 it wouldn't hurt to check and do some research. You can do simple things like check for a wiggly barrel, extend the firing pin to see that it's not broken off, test the safety mechanism and inspect the bore if the shop will let you.

>>35037540
Holosun, Vortex. If you're really super destitute a Bushnell TRS-25 is functional. I think those have a $40 rebate right now or something.

>>35037425
Brownells. They were WAY cheaper than everyone else.

>>35037547
Why not?

>>35037764
Not likely. It's not strong enough to pose much of an impediment to determined, explosion-propelled metal components.

>>35037766
Good choice.

>>35037823
It'll work if you prep the surface properly first. BE CAREFUL with acetone, some Berettas are painted and you may inadvertently remove the factory coat. Do your best to keep your oily fingers off the cleaned firearm before painting.

>>35040314
Purely subjective. They're all high quality and have different merits and drawbacks.

>>35040990
I think they're a killer deal even though they're the first generation ones. I bought two.

>>35044076
I feel the same, I don't carry nice guns because carry guns get dropped, confiscated, worn, left on toilet tanks, etc.
>>
>>35045425
Is there anything inherently wrong with first gen rmr's?
>>
>>35045135
>bought it because of a cartoon
>rail
>wrong decocker
>wrong grips
>wrong rollmark
>wrong sights
ummmmmmm?
>>
>>35045704
You mean something more like this Anon?
>>
>>35045815
.41 AE

ah... what a novelty
>>
File: A76238RFMJ1.jpg (56KB, 480x312px) Image search: [Google]
A76238RFMJ1.jpg
56KB, 480x312px
Does any one know where I can buy 7.62X38R?
Or would it be better for me to get into handloading for that?
>>
>>35045857
Yeah its a shame that it didn't come with any of the old ammo or that the night sights don't work anymore, but for a 27 year old gun it looks pretty good.
>>
>>35045878
I think PPU still makes it.
>>
>>35045878
Graf & Sons
>>
Revolvers are all about suboptimal carrying
>thicker than semiautos
>can't hold as many rounds as semiautos
>can't reload nearly as fast as semiautos
Their biggest benefit is simplicity in use and in .357 Mag+ calibers, more power. Just point and pull the trigger. No safety, no decocker, no magazine.

That being said, I fucking love revolvers and I carry one daily. However, I'm at an internal impasse about how I want to carry an extra load
>speed strips are the most concealable but require some training to be quick when under pressure
>moon clips only work in some revolvers (and not in mine)
>speed reloaders are bulky but are the easiest to use
Which one should I daily?
>>
>>35034475
>Converting a Jericho to SAO
SAO Trigger and remove the interruptor from the hammer. You'll probably need a new trigger return spring too.
Replacing the sear and hammer with SAO parts will help as well.
Good luck finding IMI/IWI parts for this, you'll have to use Tanfoglio - though they should be a drop-in fit in most cases. If using Tanfoglio parts, make sure you get ones made for -SMALL FRAME- guns. Most Match/Limited/etc models sold in the US are large frame, and their parts will NOT fit a Jericho.
Best bet is calling EAA and telling them you want SAO parts for a small frame gun, and hope they figure it out for you. Be warned, EAA CS sucks.
>>
>>35045923
PPU does. I have no idea where to buy from them.

>>35045931
Thank you.
>>
>>35045704
>>35045815
Those are basically unobtainium. It's close enough. And if I actually got an original, I'd feel bad carrying it in the real world, it would end up as a safe queen. Plus, I don't like buying used firearms.
>>
>>35045956
Fucking finally, it only took 95 posts but I finally got a response
Thank you
Even the gunsmith I took it to didn't know what parts would need to changed, although he's willing to do it if I provide him with them
The only obstacle now then is ordering a single action trigger. I see a nice one on EAA's website, but they require a serial number for orders (for accurate model fitting purposes or something) and I don't know if they'd honor SNs from Jerichos
I sent their support an email inquiry but who knows if they'll actually respond
>>
>>35046003
>Those are basically unobtainium
No they're not, you just gotta know where to look. There's a few slide safety ones on Armslist right now under the name of "Baby Eagle"
Hell there's even a Phillipino Police frame safety one listed just yesterday
>>
>>35046003
They might be rarer than the current production but they're hardly unobtanium. I saw 2 at my last gunshow one selling for 1800 and the one I just posted a photo of which I picked up for $950. the bay eagle or desert eagle marked ones can be had for $500.
>>
File: 1480808416297.jpg (53KB, 338x702px) Image search: [Google]
1480808416297.jpg
53KB, 338x702px
>>35034475
Anyone got an infograph or tutorial for building a log house?
Like the one in Jeremiah Johnson. Small, not like a cabin or anything.
>>
>>35046092
try /diy/
>>
>>35043467
What caliber and what dies?
>>
>>35046110
30-06. Lee.
>>
>>35046099
Rent all 3, sequentially, working your way up in the same visit if you're concerned about how you'll do.

That being said, keep elbows down, and grip firm and you'll be fine - don't spook yourself
>>
>>35046146
Good idea, thanks. Just it'd be pretty pricey. Per pistol is $20 and the Tommy is $80.
>>
>>35046139
I'm not sure how you fuck up lee dies, was it surplus with a crimped primer pocket or something?
>>
>>35046158
no. once fired factory i bought myself. guess im autistic
>>
>>35046171
Were you using perfecta brass?
>>
>>35046180
Winchester
>>
>>35034521
wtf I need this now.
>>
>>35046171
Perhaps just unlucky. I had to learn quite a few things the hard way. I've been reloading almost five years now. I'm nearing level 80, but I couldn't honestly tell you much about 30-06. I use hornady brass and sierra or hornady boolits.
>>
>>35046205
At least for the 30-06 portion. I don't shoot it as much as I do 45-70 now though.
>>
>>35046180
What's the deal with perfecta brass?
>>
File: 005.jpg (344KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
344KB, 1080x1920px
>>35046003
>>35046059
>>35046073
Got this on for $430 last year. There were 10 others almost identical to it.
>>
>>35046232
Nice, was it Israeli police/mill surplus, did you get the matching .41 ae kit?
>>
>>35046221
It cant be reloaded, the flash holes for the primer are off center, it will break your equipment.
>>
>>35046249
>Perfecta
>Has imperfections
Really enables my macadamias
>>
>>35046240
Israeli Surplus, and I got everything but the UZI ammo/boxes with it.
>>
>>35046290
All of parts matching? Either way you got an amazing deal.
>>
File: 13lg.jpg (61KB, 550x507px) Image search: [Google]
13lg.jpg
61KB, 550x507px
I've always wondered what the point of these relief cuts is.

Anyone know?
>>
>>35046326
auerodynamic advantage when you throw the gun at your target because you used up all 8 bullets laying down suppresive fire
>>
I want a 22 bolt gun. Thinking CZ 455 Lux or Ruger American rimfire.
>>
>>35046273
It's the level of autism I understand, but I don't know why.
>>
>>35034475
Someone wants to trade some of my guns for this... thing. I'm actually curious about accepting it. It looks like a fucking brick, probably handles like one too but I might be surprised. I have fond memories of using this same gun in Battlefield 4.
>>
>>35046555
What I mean to ask is should I go for it or pass? It's worth a bit more than the guns for trade, but if I don't like it I'd be worried I wouldn't be able to sell it.
>>
File: 1500328493021.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1500328493021.gif
2MB, 460x259px
By any chance, does anyone know if a Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk.3 cut off plate will fit in a No.1 Mk.6?
>>
>>35046012
For as many Jericho and CZ spergs you find on /k/, not many of them know shit about anything.
IMI/IWI used Tanfoglio parts, and to the best of my knowledge even the frame forgings were supplied by Tanfo and finished by IMI/IWI, but it's ultimately a different manufacturer than Tanfoglio, and EAA only deals in what they themselves have imported on top of that.
Your best bet is to call them and explain what's up. For a 941F, just about any small frame Witness part will drop in, since it's mechanically identical. I don't think EAA has imported any small frame match guns since the early 00s, so I doubt any SAO parts you find on their site will be small frame, but I'm sure they still have a stock of parts for them. Call and ask.
While you're at it, you can also ask for a TZ-75 pre-Series 88 "Dog-Leg" slide release if you want the Space Cowboy-style slide release, instead of the modern style. I prefer the ergonomics of them, personally.

Another Anon was posting his Jericho 941PS (factory SAO) a month or so ago. As best as I could tell from the images, IMI's solution to SAO was to remove the interruptor from the hammer and use a SAO trigger of their own design (which I suspect only differed from its Tanfo counterpart in that it had the deep crescent to the trigger, versus Tanfo's shallow crescent on their SAOs). Like I said before, you'll have a noticeably better SAO pull if you go for the whole 9 yards and replace the sear and hammer as well - Tanfo's SAO hammers have different notch geometry, and the sears are slightly longer to reduce take-up.
If you have no luck with EAA, you can try Springfield (the P9 was a Tanfoglio and -I think- the IPSC model was SAO), or Tanfo's Canadian importer.
>>
>>35046825
Thanks again for all the info
Worst case scenario I could probably just put up a listing on Arm's List asking anyone who owns an SAO Jericho if they'd want to trade in the trigger for my DA/SA one
>>
>>35046917
Only a few SAO Jerichos have trickled into the US mixed in with other surplus 941Fs. You're unlikely to find one, nevermind somebody willing to trade parts.
>>
>>35046938
Yeah I know it would be a crapshoot, but that's why I would only do it as a last resort
I hope EAA gets back to me
If not, I found some other SA Tanfo trigger on a third party website, no serial required, but it 's design is quite different from EAA's official one (at least aestheticslly speaking) so I'm not entirely sure if it would work
>>
>>35046326
weight saving on the front end
>>
>>35034475
anyone got the greenext of the guy who sharpened his squaddies e tools and reeked of cosmoline 24/7

i need it, not for a firend, but for me and my penis
>>
>>35044462
illegal unless you get the parts to make a shockwave, manufacture it at home, then modify it.
with shotguns the thing that matters is what its manufactured as, not what it has become
>>
>>35046562
nice trips on your first post.
ask to test fire it somewhere with him, see how you like it
>>
>>35045951
A second revolver is probably your best bet, wyatt
>>
File: 1493429213682.gif (795KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493429213682.gif
795KB, 400x246px
Who is a good company too look at for AR slings?
>>
anybody know which companies that make Gorka are good/bad/whatever?

I'm considering buying a suit but I don't want to end up buying a suit that sucks.
>>
File: 1499796693931.jpg (245KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1499796693931.jpg
245KB, 800x534px
Grand Power K100 or Walther PPQ M2 5"? Mainly looking for HD pistol, maybe get into production class competition.
>>
>>35048935
get the Grand Power K100,
>>
>>35048349
I've got a Blueforce Tactical one that is really nice, but they are expensive.

I know a lot of folks like the Viking Tactics ones.

Honestly, I'm really surprised how many people don't know how to use the hasty sling technique for off-hand shooting.
>>
File: 20170721_164528.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_164528.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>35046073
Well, I guess what my next gun purchase will be then. I don't really need that $1,800, right :). It'll probably be a safe queen if I do get it though. This one isn't.
>>
>>35046073
1800? Fucking hell. They're a $600 gun!
>>
>>35046555
What are you trading off?
>>35046562
>>
File: Cowboy Bebop - Spike - bang.jpg (199KB, 1400x954px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy Bebop - Spike - bang.jpg
199KB, 1400x954px
>>35049019
No, they WERE a $600 gun. They don't make them that way anymore, and there's a lot of demand from weaboos.
>>
>>35049019
The only ones that are expensive are the original 1990 ones with the .41AE parts for them, imported by KBI like this one,>>35045815. They where only sold like this for 1 year and an original set like mine has all matching serial numbers. That being said $1800 is still pretty ridiculous, they normally go for around 1k for the complete set, maybe more if they have the orginal UZI brand 9mm and .41ae ammo.
>>
>>35045951
>>speed strips are the most concealable but require some training to be quick when under pressure
I think the No.1 idea with speed strips is that you carry your reload as one unit and that it stays flat, rather than carrying six loose rounds in your pocket that you might not be able to grab at once and which stack wide (as well as maybe make noise when you walk).
You grab the speed strip and you have the entire reload at hand, even if it isn't the fastest.

What kind of revolver do you carry?
>>
File: A-10-loadout.jpg (555KB, 1280x574px) Image search: [Google]
A-10-loadout.jpg
555KB, 1280x574px
Why do A-10s so often carry Hydra rockets?
What are they used for that can't be accomplished with the gun?
>>
>>35048961

Any reason why? Does the rotating barrel really help significantly?
>>
>>35049118
I just think it to be a better value. you get a neat rotating barrel design like the PX4 but with a frame mounted safety and an Eastern European memetic spin to it.
>>
>>35049029
Desert Eagle XIX .44 Magnum, Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmore.
>>
>>35046555

honestly if you want a bullpup 308 just get the RFB, they're nice to shoot and probably a lot lighter.
>>
Looking to buy an M1 Garand from the CMP. Do I have to wait for the Garand Collectors Association to send me the membership card even though I ticked the box saying to release my membership to the CMP?
>>
File: 1498587958166.jpg (19KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1498587958166.jpg
19KB, 222x293px
so i bought a new mav 88 and out of the box the action was locked and the action lock release lever was up, so i had to force the action back which the manual says not to do.

did i fuck up or should it be fine? it cycles fine and the action release comes down as it should.
>>
File: 1457748999995.jpg (41KB, 437x357px) Image search: [Google]
1457748999995.jpg
41KB, 437x357px
Not trying to be autistic but i have a similar loadout with civvie clothes and an ALICE LBE with buttpack, magazine pouch, and admin pouch. 1320 calories/day worth of ration bars. With this lightweight gear (10 lbs total 17 with rifle and clothing) i want to carry only my M16A1 forgery while deer hunting, and be able to shoot rabbits i see to supplement with the ration bars.

I found the .30 WCF "short range" (6gr pistol powder 100 grain cast lead) and figured it'd be a good idea for .223. "Gallery loads" all seem to be 6 grains of pistol powder or 10 grains of trail boss at its height. I made 6 with 6 grains of Unique and JSP .223 projectiles. Is there any reason that these will squib in the rifle and blow up? Give me ANY reason it might not work. I like my rifle and i really do not want to blow it up
>>
File: Lightweight20AR1.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lightweight20AR1.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
>>35049345
If i'm too late for thread as usual then i'll post again but here's the rifle I based my rifle on with a few changes.
>>
>>35046555
I'm pretty sure you could sell it if you didn't want it. If the bullpup stock is awful, just get an original M14 stock.
>>
>>35049193
No
>>
>>35049524
I'm asking the dude if he has the original synthetic M1A stock and just sell off the stock on M14 forums or something.
>>
HK lem is DAO correct? I used HK lem parts to convert my p2000 v3 to light lem but as far as I can tell its still DA/SA.
>>
>>35049649
Good choice.

Bullpup conversion kits are seldom great, and the M14 just doesn't make a good bullpup IMO.
>>
File: IMG_3932.jpg (103KB, 695x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3932.jpg
103KB, 695x504px
In the world of folding knives, what's the equivalent to the Mora Companion?
>cheap
>bulletproof
>>
File: 168960072.jpg (2MB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
168960072.jpg
2MB, 1600x898px
okay my old man is selling paper targets at a gunshow, and asked me for ideas for some small targets or something else to have it his table. I have no clue maybe small 5in bulls eye targets? Do you guys have any ideas or have some type of target you would like to see? Maybe small cardboard targets?
>>
>>35037341
>jews
>>
>>35041979
Maintain 5400 knots
>>
>>35051332
RIP baldy
>>
File: BULGCRCL10BKLTBAYO-4.jpg (438KB, 1200x536px) Image search: [Google]
BULGCRCL10BKLTBAYO-4.jpg
438KB, 1200x536px
How well would pic related function was a general utility knife? The reason I ask is because I want to buy a bayonet for my AK, but I also need to purchase a knife for general use. I'm just wondering if I can kill two birds with one stone.
>>
>>35052088
I'm curious why out of all things baldy?
>>
File: 1504390008155.jpg (130KB, 1142x392px) Image search: [Google]
1504390008155.jpg
130KB, 1142x392px
>>35052391
He's clearly alone and needs to be put out of his wrinkly misery.
>>
>>35052446
man is just trying to zero in his rifle
>>
File: 1473236616914.png (348KB, 507x380px) Image search: [Google]
1473236616914.png
348KB, 507x380px
>>35034475
Not /k/ related but you guys are my friends.

If you have a close friend who owes you around $300, but he cuts all ties after the 2016 election and wont speak to you,
should you give up on the money and see it as a bad investment? Or keep trying to make him fucking answer even though it's been over half a year since he last spoke?
>>
>>35052791
>knock on his door
>when he opens take out your ccw and put your foot in the doorway
>demand restitution and tell him once you get your money you'll never speak to him again
Nothing could possibly go wrong
>>
>>35040402
The kids who grew up watching Cowboy Bebop got enough money now to buy the guns they always wanted.
>>
Have an interview for corrections officer in a few weeks.
Anybody know what the process is like, in NC specifically?
>>
>>35051332
>we buy ammo. AMMO!
>>
>>35052791
Tell him that you will take him to small claims court if he won't answer you.
>>
>>35051332
So does anyone have some suggestions for fun things to shoot that you would buy at a show? Zeroing targets, small challenge targets, squirrels?
>>
>>35053357
cardboard people
>>
>>35053357
>fun things to shoot
Bottle of aspirin
carton of eggs
paintballs
>that you would buy at a show
not really

mini duelling trees for 22lr maybe
>>
>>35053357

pictures of hillary clinton or george soros
>>
Went gun shopping with the boys today.
Recommend me some decent under $500 rifles.
Don't really care what caliber, but this will be baby's first gun. Last time I shot a gun was in Scouts.
>>
>>35053533
I was asked for this by a lot of people it's illegal
>>
>>35053510
Why is mini dueling trees?
>>
Does anyone know the name of that non-magnified pistol optic that looks like its made out of green plastic with a black triangle as the reticle? I think its called Accusight, or Trusight or something like that.
>>
>>35053620
because I'm not going to buy a full sized one that needs to be made of proper materials from some unknown gunshow merchant.
>>
>>35034475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-ZIOmB6EM
Is this song /k/ approved?
>>
>>35053779
green plastic with black rectangle????

Are you thinking of the See All sights?
>>
>>35053849

That's the one, thanks anon. Anyone know if See All Sights are decent on .22 rifles?
>>
What kind of goals can I set when shooting my ar, with 1x vortex strikefire? It's a 4moa dot and I'm grouping around 6 inches at 100yd. I feel like a lot of it is my inability to pinpoint my target under such a dot. Do I bring target closer and work trigger control? Stay at 100yd?
>>
What is this part of an Enfield called?

What does it do?
>>
Is Primary arms optics any good! I've been thinking about getting the 3x with the ACSS reticle soon. Haven't really seen anything about them on /k/ though.
>>
>>35054047
Yes, but 3x fixed is a shitty compromise
>>
>>35053961
don't know the official name. I've heard it called a tie plate, tie strap, etc

It's there to reinforce the wood to keep it from splitting. There's very little wood there between the inletting and the receiver ring.
>>
File: mkvifive-1.jpg (66KB, 800x431px) Image search: [Google]
mkvifive-1.jpg
66KB, 800x431px
>>35054138
Thanks. Tie plate seems to be the accepted name.

Looks like no one puts them on furniture sets for restorations so here's hoping my local gunsmith has one.
>>
>left eye dominant
>right handed

So uh, what am i suppose to do if i want to get into shooting.
>>
>>35052791
small claims court, but make sure you have a long history of trying to contact him
>>
>>35054659
shoot left handed or shoot righty and close your dominate eye
neither is an optimal method of shooting but both work
>>
>>35054659
Oh shit.
Good one.
>>35054675
Now I know.
>>
My gun safe has rust pittings in the corners, should I be concerned? The guns themselves are fine they're appropriately oiled but the safe itself is shitting the bed.

Can rust "transfer"?
>>
>>35052379
Won't take an edge worth shit, but it will take abuse. It's useless as a knife but at least it can take abuse unlike the m9 which can't take either one.
>>
File: 1504088757215.jpg (31KB, 552x774px) Image search: [Google]
1504088757215.jpg
31KB, 552x774px
>>35049345
Pls respong ;_;
>>
>>35049345
Loaddata recommends 4 grains of trail boss and a 50 grain projectile for a light/subsonic 223 load.

Hodgdon's recommends 4 grains of trail boss and a 55 grain bullet at maximum.

Here's the crux of it. You need CAST LEAD BULLETS. If you're using copper jacketed rounds, you're gonna squib. Otherwise, start small and work your way up if it's keyholing.
>>
>>35055391
Rust can't spread without contact. However, if the climate in your safe is bad enough to make the walls of the safe rust you might wanna consider buying some goddamn dehumidifiers.
>>
>>35053875
See All Sights kinda suck no matter what they're on. You'd be better off with a red dot or a scope that can dial down to 1 power.
>>
>>35053583
Buy a ruger 10/22 or a marlin model 60 and spend the rest of your cash on ammunition. Don't buy any milsurp shit or the fucking retarded WASR 10 that the guy behind the counter tries to sell you because he believes Hillary is running the deep state and going to assassinate Trump.
>>
>>35054075
Then what would a good primary arms optics be with a BDC?
>>
>>35056879
>unjacketed bullets
>in an AR15
You sure about that?
>>
File: Cannons.jpg (751KB, 1370x809px) Image search: [Google]
Cannons.jpg
751KB, 1370x809px
Why were field cannons so different from ship and fort cannons? I guess transportation, but wouldn't it be more practical to have a field cannon in a fort? It just seems like it would be easier to maneuver than having a traversing carriage with a cannon on top of it.
>>
File: file.png (439KB, 1000x223px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
439KB, 1000x223px
Ausfag looking at getting his first gun, have shot before at public ranges but I'm looking to get something I can make sure is ACTUALLY maintained and that I can shoot on my own land.

I've decided to go with a lever action .22lr and I wanted to know any opinions on the Norinco JW-21, there's a fair amount of second hand ones available to me and it's a toss up between this and a Henry, though the Norinco will save me around 100-150 dollary doos and for some reason I'm finding myself drawn to it more than the various Henrys.

Also semi related, would it be worth getting a Norinco JW-25A Mauser clone just for fun? I plan on getting an actual K98 farther down the line but it's pretty cheap and could be neat.
>>
Can I teach myself krav maga? I don't live near major cities and there's no training centers near my area
>>
I want to buy antique black powder firearms within the EU. In my nation those are free of license and registration, but domestic trading sites have a fairly limited selection at any given moment. What websites should I check out?
>>
File: Marty.jpg (203KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Marty.jpg
203KB, 960x1440px
heard this at local funshop.
>synthetic stock guns are more accurate because they get a better seal.
is this true/not true/ true but more bullshit than not
>>
How did line warfare last past field artillery(especially light mobile cannons)? Apparently field cannons became a thing in the 1600 and has stuck with us since. You'd think you wouldn't be able to form line, column or square when you have these things on the battlefield.
>>
File: Mini14GB .223.jpg (529KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mini14GB .223.jpg
529KB, 1536x1024px
>>35057737
Wood can *potentially* swell and warp with moisture and heat and what not, generally it'd be a subtle effect (unless it's really shittily made). This would probably be exhibited with lots of wear and tear and exposure to weather.
A plastic, nylon, glass fiber or carbon stock (or most other synthetics) can be vastly more resistant to this kind of exposure.

Depending on the way the action is bedded in the stock, as well as the barrel, this could affect accuracy, but it has absolutely nothing to do with 'sealing'.
A rifle with good bedding and a free-floating barrel can exhibit good accuracy, regardless of if it's wood or a synthetic. Likewise, shitty bedding can be seen in rifles with wood and plastic stocks.

There's also various combinations, Sako makes rifles where the action is bedded into a metal skeleton which the polymer stock mounts onto, and Sauer makes a rifle with a wooden stock, but which has it's barrel bedded with a carbon fiber sleeve concealed in it, things like these can make for phenomenal accuracy if done right.
>>
File: 1437100330617.jpg (59KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1437100330617.jpg
59KB, 490x490px
Are there nice 9mm handguns that feel similar to full size 45s to shoot?
I'm buying my first handgun soon-ish and I really like the feel of heavy 45s but 9mm is too cheap to pass up and I'd prefer only one handgun for now.
>>
File: 5906 9mm Luger.jpg (446KB, 700x1250px) Image search: [Google]
5906 9mm Luger.jpg
446KB, 700x1250px
>>35058252
Smith & Wesson 5906 I guess.

>all steel, hefty and durable
>DA/SA
>normal mags fit 14rds, modern MecGar mags fit 17rds flush
>>
Elk hunt this fall.
6.5 mememoor or .270 fuddalot?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 268x188px
>>35058343
>slide safety
>>
>>35058929
There is literally nothing wrong with slide safeties.
>>
>>35058913
>>
What would you guys do with an Arisaka Type 99 barreled action that has been cut down so no front sight, no rear sight, bolt rusted into receiver, no wood, no trigger components, but you got it from your grandfathers garage after he passed away?

I can post a pic if you really want it, but it's kind of a PITA to get to.
>>
>>35059344
sounds like a decent enough paperweight.
>>
>>35059344
donate it to a museum
>>
>>35059381
I don't have any paper that big.
I had considered making a video of me grinding off the intact mum just to piss off the weaboos on here but it would be pretty obvious that it's a piece of shit gun with the intact mum being its one and only redeeming quality.

>>35059413
It's a piece of shit. Covered in rust. Probably should have mentioned that in my first post but I figured stating that the bolt was rusted into the receiver was enough info.
>>
>>35059424
Just throw it in the fucking garbage then
>>
>>35059424
>>35059344
why are you even asking then
you expected to have some sort of magical answer?
>>
>>35059458
maybe like something creative. it's obviously beyond restoration and I hate to throw it away. just looking for ideas.
>>
>>35059344
Try to get the rusty bolt out and have it replaced with a functioning one.

Then maybe have the thing SBRd and turn it into an obrez of some sort. You could make the stock out of a piece of 2x4.
>>
File: no way.webm (173KB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
no way.webm
173KB, 286x210px
>>35059550
>>
>>35059656
Does it have any other value to you?
>>
>>35054614
if local guy doesn't, one could easily be fabricated, or http://www.brpguns.com/33-34-tie-plate-and-rivet/
>>
>>35044067
Late answer, but
It may fit on the frame physically, since the slide rail dimensions should be the same, however it will not work due to differences in the firing pin block, arm, and plunger. Even if it fits, the trigger pull will be blocked by the FPB arm pushing up on the underside of the slide.
If you remove the FPB from a Jericho slide and use a Pre-B or Combat CZ (or gut out the FPB arm from a 75B), you may get it to work, assuming you don't need any machine work to get the slide rails to fit in the frame.
>>
File: 1500826463136.gif (545KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500826463136.gif
545KB, 400x600px
>>35057139
They didn't want the gun moving. The traversing carriage is there to stop it more than once it
>>
File: 1500794111640.png (23KB, 84x305px) Image search: [Google]
1500794111640.png
23KB, 84x305px
>>35057095
Yeah some sources say that an uncrimped bullet that light can be propelled forward by the primer and that the copper jacket is strong enough to get stuck in the rifling. This causes a barrel obstruction and an explosion.

Op for that post and I looked up Hodgkin load data and for fmj they say 4 grains of to titegroup will do the trick. If the mfg says good it must be good? Maybe?
>>
>>35057095
I'm 100% sure about that.

This load wasn't going to cycle in an AR-15 anyway, but cast lead will help prevent squibs.
>>
How discreet is this? Would this not draw any attention in public or is it too funky-looking?
>>
>>35060342
Rolling
>>
File: Fender Guitar Case.jpg (63KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fender Guitar Case.jpg
63KB, 1000x1000px
>>35060526
Same anon, I think this is what it's supposed to resemble.
>>
>>35037341
The guy that owns mosin crate channel on youtube got a big shipment of them and is trying to get rid of themso he is shilling anywhere and everywhere.
>>
>>35060552
That legitimately looks like any regular guitar case, you'd be fine.

t. bassfag
>>
>>35060526
Guitars attract too much attention, people will ask to see it, hear it, etc.
Pick a more boring instrument case.
I use a Yamaha keyboard case that I lined with eggcrate foam. It has some sheet music in the front mesh pocket. Nobody bats an eyelash at it, nobody asks to have me play them anything.
>>
File: Briefcase Gun.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Briefcase Gun.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>35060587
I hear you, but I won't be carrying it around in public too much anyway and I'm kind of a standoffish prick so I'd probably tell them to jump in a lake even if I put a real guitar in there for some reason.
I like the sound of your setup, though. I might use that for my Barrett in the future and people will wonder when I got so into music.
>>
>>35060633
>what are you playing, Anon?
>1812 overture
>there's a piano in that?
>no, but there are big guns
>>
would wooden grips for my CZ75 be worth buying? I feel like they wouldn't actually handle very well. Im not experienced with a pistol tho so idk
>>
>>35060724
Get them, they will feel great and look sexy.
>>
>>35060526
Im wouldn't have looked twice desu

>>35057930
innaccurate as fuck
look up windage
>>
File: huh.gif (910KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
910KB, 499x281px
>>35034475
>see AIM in pic
>check aimsurplus
>mfw no jerichos

I don't even like anime but I want one.
>>
>>35060768
Do they actually feel great though?

>>35060793
Jay used to look so fucking pitiful, jesus
>>
>>35037715
usually up to 30days. anything past that and troops have to get paid separation pay. but there is nothing in place that says they cant go right back out in a couple days for another 30days. this usually doesn't happen though due to individual unit training funds for logistics are not limited and other units on those installations need to use those training areas as well.

>>35040314
I used a Sig P226. absolutely loved it. rock solid reliability. you do need to get used to how high the slide is. it's like shooting over a fucking tower. but once that's done, it'll hit what you want out to 100yrds. current P226 mags from Sig are not that great though.

>>35040420
neither. get a streamlight stylus w/o the rechargeable battery.

>>35040910
have to go through an FFL if you are shipping them.

>>35041663
great rifles. use only brass cased ammo for the first 300-400rnds. then you can switch to steel cased. sometimes they have issues right out of the box with steel cased. after theyre broken in, feed them whatever you want. it'll eat it like no tomorrow. and their customer service is pretty legit. I've talked to them on several occasions for tech. advise, always helpful and super chill.

>>35044067
no. the jericho is a modified CZ platform. IT WILL however fit onto a EAA Witness frame.

>>35048935
grand power K100

>>35050232
yes and no. it's a super light DAO on the first round fired then turns into a SAO after the first round is fired.

>>35058913
wtf, that's bare minimum for elk., but i'd take the 6.5 creedmoor.
>>
>>35060793
i did the same thing, lol. got a little disappointed.

>>35060724
they're not bad, but I also threw on a pair of CZ custom shop grips.
>>
So if a guy were to get their hands on m4/m16 lower specifications, then bought 80% lowers, used a CNC machine to machine them and then bought full auto replacement parts, what are the chances they would get caught?
>>
Did Glock change the sights at all for Gen5?

I picked up a 19gen5 recently as my first handfun, and I want to get some nice night sights for it, but I don't know if the sights out for the older Glocks will work for my new gen5 Glock.
>>
>>35060843
So long as they're quality ones, yes. Post a link to the one you want to get.
>>
>>35040314
I'm personally a CZ fanboy but any of those three brands will serve you well.
>>
>>35061002
Haven't made a decision yet but these were the first ones I ran across

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/hogue-cz-75-cz-85-kingwood-75610.html?_iv_code=1H-G6-75610&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpXp0N2J1gIVRmB-Ch2qGgOIEAQYAiABEgIEYfD_BwE
>>
>>35060984
Eh, it's a possibility. Just don't be fucking stupid. don't sell it, don't tell anyone about it. pay cash for any and everything. no CC. don't take it anywhere public. and you better have ALL you P's and Q's straight. You're still going to get hard core fucked if you're caught. and I mean FUCKED with a capitol F.

>>35060992
Gen 5 is a meme. lol.
>>
>>35061050
Personally I'd recommend checkered wood over the smooth ones for a better grip. Which CZ do you have, a basic 75B?
>>
>>35061050
check out VZ grips.
>>
>>35061077
Omega but afaik they are exactly the same except the trigger

>>35061082
I will, thanks senpai
>>
>>35060724
I think they're worth it.

I got a pair of cheap ones for mine and they feel fucking excellent.
>>
>>35061100
>>35061077
can't find checkered wooden ones anywhere but ebay

also

czech'd
>>
>>35060776

>innaccurate as fuck
>look up windage
Don't need accuracy against a huge line of people though
>>
>>35061171
Get Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves, anon.
>>
>>35061188
from about a kilometer away you do
>>
>>35061171
https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-CZ-75-CZ-85-Grips-Checkered/dp/B007PAK79C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504479201&sr=8-1&keywords=cz75+wood+grips

You aren't looking very hard are you?
>>
>>35061199
I never liked the houge rubber grips on any of my guns, they're not bad grips but I'm just not a fan of the finger grooves or the kinda "sticky" feel that comes with rubber grips.
>>
>>35061213
guess not, thanks senpai

I could also try getting some unstained ones and giving it the shellac coating I put on my AK furniture
>>
>>35061068
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'd have to buy the tigger, bolt and such online. I'll probably pass on doing it, I was just bored at work and started thinking about how "easy" it seemed. Not really in the mood to be charged with a felony though.
>>
File: 10211125.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10211125.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
Looking at pic related. Smith and Wesson SD9 handgun. Like $300 brand new and the only major complaint I read about it is the obnoxious trigger weight which I also read, can be fixed with a $25 trigger kit made by Apex. Can be bought off of Amazon.

Also, is there any benefit of going .40 Cal over 9mm? This guns !odel offers both variants. I think the 9mm variant is 16+1 magazine while the .40 is 14+1. Or 13+1 I forget.
>>
>>35061385
that's probably for the best. keeps your dog from being shot too
>>
>>35061208
but they'd have to get very close to shoot you with their muskets
>>
>>35061470
They didn't have exploding shells either. So you might lose a few guys to the cannons but you would have to physically get hit with the projectiles to be wounded.
>>
>>35061491
They did have explosive shells but I guess they weren't that reliable. Still the cannonball could roll through several lives or they could use canister shot.

Vid related. Just skip to it being fired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k86XhYS8GJI
>>
>>35061515
You're right that those were options but they weren't devastating enough to make formations Ineffective in combat. The cannons of the time were incredibly hard to aim, had to be repositioned after each shot, and where difficult to move and transport, so infantry could easily flank artillery positions when advancing on them. That and the canister shot was only effective at very close ranges.
>>
>>35061572
Alright I guess I can see that. Must have worked since they kept doing it. Cannons takes long to load and adjust too I imagine.
>>
>>35061599
Yes, also cannons couldn't be made from cheap iron like gun barrels, but from massive bronze castings. Every cannon was a highly expensive tool and attempting to capture the enemies cannons was common as they were hard to replace quickly. Thats not to say cannons didn't kill a lot of infantry, but they didn't kill enough for the massed firepower formations to stop working. All that changed in the American civil war and later WW1 though since rifled bores in muskets and cannons as well as being able to use iron barrels made large scale formations nothing but a death sentence.
>>
Does anyone remember /know what is the sight type called precisely? Pistols and handguns have long groove for the rear, don't have pics but I remember seeing a thread about it here. Could be called groove sight or ravine sight etc I don't remember the specific term for it.
>>
>>35061651
thanks lad
>>
>>35061690
guttersnipe sight. it was used on the S&W ASP pistol.
>>
Does anyone here own a CZ75B Omega Pistol? I have some questions about it
>>
>>35043201
i keep seeing "umarex made walther" or "umarex made hk" but isnt umarex primarly associated with airsoft?
>>
>>35062222
Yes. Umarex actually owns Walther and makes designs under their name. HK just licenses out airsoft stuff to them.
>>
>>35062251
Who makes their 1911's?
>>
>>35061982
Yes, what's up
>>
>>35062317
Do you like it? are 100% of the parts (besides the trigger obv) compatible with the 75B?
>>
>>35061434
The guns slide is made from the same stainless steel stock as the M&P line so they're decent guns if not made a bit cheaply in comparison to the M&P Although you can find a Used M&P for the exact same price so its up to you

>Also, is there any benefit of going .40 Cal over 9mm?

pros
Ammo Drought proof (mostly)
Store always carry it and it sells far slower than 9mm
Similar ballistics to 147gr 9mm hollow points in pretty much any round you get, so better
No recoil difference in fullsize guns
can get one single barrel to switch to 357 sig, if those exist for the SD series
only have to get a barrel and a mag to switch to 9mm

Cons
Ridicule of the internet and literally 90% of gun owners forever
40 is a tad more expensive
>>
>>35061434
no. For most, 40 offers nothing that 9mm can't do with a different bullet weight.
>>
>>35062374
I love it, it's my first cz, and it was worth the $440 I paid for it. I'm pretty sure everything is compatible, but I'm not 100% sure.
Pros:
- great single action pull
-100% reliable through the first 600 rounds
- extremely ergonomic
- very accurate
Cons:
- reset for SA pull is a little long
- stock sights are mediocre
- finish is mediocre
- stock grips are slick plastic

Good news is, all of the cons can be fixed if you want to spend the cash.
>>
>>35062374
different owner, but no. Pretty much all the internals are different. The sear and trigger group are simpler, but some think it makes the trigger less crisp. The B and BD models are drop in units.
>>
>>35062374
>>35062489

follow up: things like trigger, mags, some springs, mag/slide catch are the same. The major mechanism is different. A quick google search will tell you if you plan on changing something.
>>
File: german-proof-marks-1024x822.png (162KB, 1024x822px) Image search: [Google]
german-proof-marks-1024x822.png
162KB, 1024x822px
>>35062283
Umarex even imported 1911's chambered in .45acp from Regent in Turkey.
>>
>>35062591
huh, interesting. well, they work pretty damn well. had a roommate who bought one. we both shot it quite a bit. pretty nice
>>
>>35062537
>>35062489
>>35062483
Thank you guys

I ask if it's different because I ordered holsters and grips for it and I was getting paranoid
>>
>>35062867
holsters and grips are gonna be the same.
>>
Thoughts on cerakote?
>>
Reloading newbie here. My first batch of 30-06 keeps getting stuck in the chamber and failing to extract. Have to mash them out of the chamber with a bore brush. Why does that happen?

I'm using a Lee hand press, range brass, Federal primers, 160gn flat-nosed Speer bullets, Hodgdon Superformance powder, and staying within the recommended load (Hodgdon recommends 60-65 gns of powder, I'm staying between 63-64.)
>>
>>35066853
The resize die isn't good for your rifle, get another set.
Or make sure something's not stuck in your chamber.
>>
>>35066985
How do I know which one is good for my rifle?

I'm using a RCBS die set, and my rifle is a Remington 7400 semi-automatic.

Should I just blindly buy and try different dies until I find the one that works?
>>
>>35067011
No, that would be stupid, since if it's something fucked in the chamber then all of them will fail on you.
Easiest way, just take it to a gunsmith to take a cast of the chamber, that way you will kill two birds with one stone.
But it's far more likely it's something with your rifle than the dies, so the gunsmith looks like the only option for you since you're a noob in that.
Assuming of course you haven't yourself messed up the reloading and ended up with out of spec cartridges - you have compared to the micron their dimensions against commercial ones, right?
>>
File: drones-dji-phantom-3-lowres-.jpg (156KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
drones-dji-phantom-3-lowres-.jpg
156KB, 630x420px
What kind of good power/weight ratio explosive that can be detonated by a low voltage electric current would you recommend for a suicide drone?
>>
>>35067113
No, I haven't tried that. Like I said, I'm definitely a newbie, and that was my first-ever batch of reloaded rounds. Thanks for the pointers.

I can't really afford a gunsmith. The whole reason I'm doing this is for price--I'm not trying to produce match grade precision handloads, I'm trying to get my cost per round down to the absolute minimum. I'm even working on getting set up for casting lead bullets.

I'll get some precision calipers at the auto store to do that. That should work right?

And if it does turn out that the dimensions are wrong, what do I do to fix that? I'm pretty sure I'm using the press and dies properly--doesn't a full-length die force the casing down to the correct dimensions? Would that mean that my die was defective?
>>
>>35067186
Are you talking about hypothetically what would be the best explosive, assuming you had access to all the resources you needed? Or are you talking about the best explosive that could be made at home?

I don't know if it's the first one, but if it's for homemade I highly recommend HMTD. It's a decent balance between powerful, stable, and sensitive to detonators. Also very cheap and easy to make. I use it in blasting caps for ANFO and such. If you're willing to spend more money and effort on the production of the explosive, look into RDX.
>>
>>35067194
I'm not him, and I'm not saying this to be a dick, but it's most likely an error you're making in the reloading process.
I've never used a hand press, I started on my grandfathers bench mounted press and I own one of my own now.
I have a feeling the brass aren't being sized properly.
Have you tried comparing one of your reloads to a store bought round? Just put them side by side and study them to see if they match up in all the important areas. It's not scientific, but it might show you if there is a problem with your sizing.
>>
Guns I currently own (in the order I got them):

Savage 11 in .243
Remington 870 12ga
Ruger 10/22
Sig P226

What should be my next 3 gun purchases (in order, I'll do the first this year and the next two next year)
>>
>>35067642
AR while they're dirt cheap.
AK
dealer's choice
>>
>>35067209
Thank you.
Takbir
>>
Many rifles, be they ARs or hunting, don't come with sighting systems from the factory now days. If you want to shoot them you got to install SOMETHING.

What is the cheapest sights system you'd recommend that wouldn't fall apart after 6 months of range use for an AR? For a bolt action ?
>>
>>35068333
Depends entirely on the rifle as you will need beefier scopes for higher calibers. But the Primary Arms line of optics have good variety, are an excellent price, and will work on most rifles.
>>
>>35068333
Cheapest: Magpul MBUS sights for AR, anything by Vortex, Leupold or Burris for bolt action. I say those brands because their warranties apply to every model each of them makes, and if something goes wrong with their cheapest of cheap scopes, they'll still warranty it. Not so with Primary Arms.
>>
>>35061434
I would suggest 9mm Luger for versatility and cost.

That said, .40S&W does what a pistol cartridge needs to do, and anything with a capacity of 10 or more generally can do what's necessary.
>>
>>35068333
truglo micro red dot for the AR. had one for 5yrs. it saw use one several 5.56 and .308 guns including a couple of sear donor guns. Still have it. stopped using it as the glass is starting to show it's age.

as for bolt action, just get one with irons from the get go. can't go wrong there. other wise it gets expensive.
>>
>>35064811
It's tough stuff, can be fitting on certain guns, has many options.
>>
File: CZ527_762x39_9358web.jpg (284KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
CZ527_762x39_9358web.jpg
284KB, 1600x1067px
>>35068333
Depends. CZ ships some of their bolt-action rifles with ironsights, like the 527 model in 7.62x39mm
>>
What's so bad about Taurus? I've been thinking of getting their M9 clone for the frame safety
>>
>>35069221
Their QC is abysmal, generally, though the people who get it worst are the Brazillians, where they have a monopoly, and all their shittiest production ends up domestically.
People who complain about Taurus QC in the US don't know shit, Huemonkeys get the truly shitty end of the stick (and that's terrifying considering how bad they can get in the US).

Their Beretta 92 clones are not too shabby (probably because they were done on old Beretta tooling), but they've gotten less nice over the years, and the factory mags are positively abysmal these days, often struggling to load 10 rounds.
If you have your eyes set on a PT92, I would strongly recommend replacing the magazines, MecGar makes great ones with 18rd capacity that fit flush.
>>
>>35069149
I wish CZ sold some of their guns with an American style rear aperture sight instead of one on the barrel.
>>
>>35066853
rough/ringed/etc chamber and/or overpressure

>my first ever reloads
>pushes first load right up to the published max
just out of curiosity, what firearm?

Everyone's saying its caused by something with the dies.
Not if they're chambering properly. If they're chambering and can be extracted easily before firing, but after firing they're hard to extract, then there is either a problem with the chamber or with the reloader.
>>
>>35034475
I own an SAO one, Israeli police surplus, if you figure out how to do it then it's worth it

Also why is it called 300 blackout?
>>
>>35070257
>>35070257
>>35070257
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.