[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gg/ gunsmithing general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 54

File: IMG_20170831_192158821.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170831_192158821.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Previous thread >>34952525

everything from building firearms to small jobs

pastebin here: https://pastebin.com/xCTc1NwM

Finally got the semi conversion parts and MG3 parts. Gonna start work tomorrow
>>
>>35033337
how do you build an uzi?

also who got >>35033333 ?
>>
>>35033337
What are the differences between an m53 and an mg42? Are they identical?
>>
>>35033337
Have fun lining up the rails. It's fun.
>>
How do you headspace an ar15? Im building my first ar15, and i never knew this was an issue until now. Everything im reading says these issues occur on uppers that had the barrels incorrectly installed out of spec. Is correcting headspacing as serious an issue as im thinking, or am i overthinking this? I plan to put a white oak match barrel in an aero gen 2 upper, with an DD bcg. Should i just take it to a gunsmith?
>>
>>35033337
Lurking for future knowledge
Getting into gunsmithing but I really dont know where the need vs want line gets drawn on tools.
>>
>>35033632
99% of ARs have the barrel extension on and that is where the headspace is set. If yours has an extension it will probably headspace unless your bolt head/barrel extension/barrel is out of spec from the factory.
The vast majority of people building ARs never even try a headspace gauge. It's only an issue if you want to wildcat and have to install an extension yourself.
>>
>>35033691
can't he just buy a 10 dollar go - nogo gauge if he wants peace of mind?
>>
>>35033702
Sure. It's a free country
>>
>>35033691
>>35033702
Thanks, but if it is a no go, what do i do? Is it something i can do myself or take it to a gunsmith?
>>
>>35033749
Probably send it back. It can be fixed, but not really worth it.
>>
>>35033773
Im still not understanding this, must be late. Send what back, the barrel? Wouldnt any headspacing issue be caused by me when i install the barrel? Or am i sending the bcg back?
>>
>>35033337

Sweet baby jesus. Please tell me where you got a .308 barrel. I've been sitting on a M53 parts kit forever since I can't find any conversion kits in stock.
>>
>>35033841
You aren't setting or changing the headspace by putting a barrel onto an upper.
On the AR barrel there is a separate piece on the chamber end. That is the barrel extension. That is timed at the factory to headspace to your barrel's chamber. They can do this since ARs have standard tolerances. So generally you can swap bolt heads on ARs and headspace is not a issue since it is all set by the barrel extension.

However, if you have a bad barrel, that is, the extension is not properly timed on the barrel, you should send the barrel back to the factory to be swaped for one that does properly headspace.
It's possible to change a barrel's headspace after the extension is installed, but you have to remove the barrel pin, which is a pita and then you can pull the extension and do whatever lathe work you need to do to fix the headspace (that depends on if there is excessive or not enough headspace.)
>>
File: IMG_3141.jpg (19KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3141.jpg
19KB, 259x194px
>>35033337
I need assistance getting the barrel shroud off my newly purchased gew 88
I already see markinggs where it looks like bubba tried to use a clamp, and I've done everything I can think of, even buying two strap wrenches and soaking it in wd40 hasnt worked
Wat do
>>
>>35034025
Thanks anon you explained it well
>>
Maybe a noob GG question, but I'm about to grab a Ruger M77 in .300WinMag. What's a really good stock to drop in it (preferably with adjustable cheek rest) ? I was thinking McMillan but are there better options around the same price range ?
>>
I have no experience building firearms but would like to start, would an Sa26 be a good first build? Seems like you just need to
>convert FCG
>Convert to closed bolt (I'd pay someone to do this probably)
>buy a tube
>use a jig to reweld it
>cerakote
I don't really understand the process of rewelding a tube gun though, what parts of the original reciever do I use and how do I use it? Do I just use the original end cap, trunnion, and sights on a new milled out 50% or do I use the entire original reciever and just fill in the missing spaces with cut up reciever sections?

pls help
>>
>>35033517
if you get one of the surplus kits, green mountain makes barrels for them and you can get the semi bolt and complete receiver from mckay enterprises
the rest is pretty straight forward assembly
>>35033550
heavier bolt on the M53, slightly lower rate of fire and the M53 does not have the mount for the AA sight
>>35033625
fugg, really that hard?
>>35033861
throw me an email I can put you in the direction of someone who has them
[email protected]
robertrtg has the top cover and feed tray needed for the conversion.
>>35034134
wd40 is bad, use real penetration oil
>>35034695
> would an Sa26 be a good first build?
Closed bolt to open bolt re-welds can be demanding, if you're good at welding sheet metal then you're one step ahead though.
If Zasta comes in he can chime in more on the sa26 I think he's done it before.
>>
>>35035224
>penetration oil
Kek
>>
File: magazines.jpg (594KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
magazines.jpg
594KB, 1920x1080px
I'd like to blue or re-blue some of the parts of the C96 I'm working on in order to protect them between now and whenever I'm finished with the project and have it professionally refinished. What would my best option for home bluing be?
>>
File: 20170703_202958-1.jpg (3MB, 3175x1575px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_202958-1.jpg
3MB, 3175x1575px
Any advice on finding parts for an rpk74m conversion?
>>
>>35035954
If you are going to blue them again I'd just pack them in grease.
>>
Bump #2
>>
>>35036589
This.
Slather them in axle grease, or go the cool guy route and buy cosmoline.

http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/oils-lubricants/rust-prevention/rust-veto-prod26344.aspx
>>
>>35036410
Russia is the only source I can probably get some for you
[email protected]
>>
>>35038858
How do you get contacts over there?
>>
>>35038875
>asking questions like that on a public imageboard

send him an email retard
>>
>>35039080
You dumb nigger it could be something as simple as going to a certain forum and making friends with a Russian or something. Besides if it's something so top secret why would he reply to some random faggot emailing him and not just answer the question ITT?

>mfw flander runs the armory
>mfw he has developed an underground network of firearms trafficking
>ywm never go to flandres top secret compound to purchase rare unobtainable slavshit while he treats you to his exotic world class hookers and cocaine

Srsly y even live
>>
>>35039149
It would probably boil down to
>learn Russian
>talk to Russians on CS:GO
>keep talking until you find someone who is ex-military or has contacts
>exchange trap pics for rare Russian bits and bobs
>>
Anyone know anything about casting aluminium? Going to try plaster cast for a better surface finish but have some questions about how the aluminum might act in the crucible.
>>
>>35042349
Sand casting is easier for 99% of what you are probably going to be doing, what do you plan on casting?
If it's going to be something where the strength of aluminum is going to matter you shouldn't be casting it at home to begin with.
>>
>>35036589
>>35038686
It's not exactly like I'm going to be storing the parts long-term, I'll be working on and with them as time/money/parts availability allows.
>>
Boomp
>>
>>35033337
This is the best general on /k/. I wanna see motherfuckers breaking down and taking apart all kinds of weird shit
>>
>>35044093
Then a thick motor oil, unfinished metal parts can rust quickly.
>>
>>35044093
Niggers
>>
>>35045648

I should have something coming in maybe next week. Intratec AB-10 that's going to get some work done to it. I'll be sure to post pics.
>>
>>35042349
Sand cast and draw file to finish. Draw filing doesn't remove much material so it may take a bit to get rid of the bug pick marks.
>>
>>35035224
>ugg, really that hard?
It takes a bit of work to get the bolt going smooth. I used some bolts expanded between the rails to force them against the side rail and I had the bolt itself in the middle so I could check if it all lined up. Then I drilled the holes. Not super hard but a lot of trial and error.

Same with the trunnion/camming section. lots of filing and welding to get it right since it kinda "floats" on the pads outside the receiver.
You doing a reweld or a repair section?
>>
>>35033337
Looking forward to build tips and tricks as always.
>>
On a scale of 1-10 had hard and expensive would a CETME C build?

Thinking about buying a welder for tube gun kits anyway.
>>
>>35049160
>work
>on am intretec
Unless it's incineration I'd advise against wasting cash on it
>>
So I want to do a re-weld on a galil where can I learn to weld? Thanks
>>35051536
>>35053134
Thanks mate you are a hero.
>>
>>35053171

>this man does not have appreciate for the finest in Miami engineering.
>>
>>35050415
I think Forgotten weapons did a build video on it
>>
>>35033749
Assemble your firearm, leaving the ejector and extractor off of the bolt
insert go gauge into the chamber and allow bolt to close (don't let it slam shut on the gauge).
Bolt should close and lock, going completely into battery.

Remove go gauge, and insert no-go gauge. Allow bolt to close (don't slam it home). It should not go fully into battery.

Remove no-go gauge, and realize you just wasted $70, because unless you bought total shit components and sourced the bolt and barrel from different continents, they're going to gauge properly.

Don't forget to reinstall the ejector and extractor into the bolt.
>>
>>35038875
Through friends, sending gun parts to the US from Russia always carries a risk for the seller, but there's a good amount of money in the business selling to Americans. They don't want to gain the attention of their local authorities so usually what they do is find a group of Americans to deal with and let them act as a third party to other Americans.
I've seen a few post publicly on facebook groups before selling parts, but usually those sellers only will sell individual or a small number of parts and not deacts, and are typically more expensive.
>>35049405
hmm, guess I'll know soon enough gonna try and get some work done on it today. I'm going to be re-welding a M53 receiver that came with the kit, all pieces from the original receiver, cuts are not very wide which is nice, and I'm replacing the front section with a new MG3 section that overlaps with the receiver, since the original front section is fucked
>>
Should I build another FAL or build the tantal kit I have?
>>
>>35057240
Build the tantal. Also what receiver should I go with if I want to build an Aussie L1A1?
>>
>>35033550
I've heard that some of the thread pitches are different on a couple parts and they don't fit together.
>>
>>35056907
I had the same kit. iirc my had some warping on the midsection and i had to jig it straight with a few bolts. I'm sure you know to check everything from every angle with something truly straight. (I use some long milling parallels). And of course, check everything a million times as you're tack welding.
My front section was a bit fudged, but it actually still works fine. The only thing is that if I point the gun straight up without the barrel installed the barrel bushing can fall out if you jiggle it. Not really a big deal.

Let me know if you have any build Qs.
>>
>>35056907
>>35057824
Forgot to mention that, despite the receiver cuts being pretty narrow, the overall length of my receiver became a bit shorter after the reweld. As a result I had to trim the end of the recuperator by a couple of mm to get the barrel to seat properly.
>>
>>35035954
smooth out that finish before you re-blue so it will look better.

There are salt kits you can use or cold blue which will look like shit and be very thin
>>
>>35057338
I love my dsa receiver but idk
>>
>semi conversion

Lmao build it full just don't tell anyone
>>
>>35058360
How do you specify inch or metric when ordering from them?
>>
>>35058486
Lel I've done this with a couple ak's and an rpd kit. The AKs I've even taken to public ranges because you can fire them on semi. Actually kinda sucks having the full auto guns because I can't shoot them and enjoy them that much without fear of being caught. It would be obvious to anybody within a couple miles that someone is letting off bursts from a F/A gun. Only ever shot 20 rounds from the RPD:(
>>
>>35033702

Never seen any common caliber gauge go for less than 29$. And if he's really really concerned, just get a .223 field gauge. That'll be the absolute max accepted safety.
>>
>>35050415

I've built a G3 from an FMP kit.

The relatively expensive flats are an absolute fucking pain in the ass to bend and fit properly. You 100% need the jig, which is also expensive as fuck. Expect to be pounding through your shimmed bolt carrier with a BFH to make the channel fit properly. You will need to trim your FA trigger control pack so it can accommodate a shelf which can be a pain. TheFlatSpot sells weldable semi trigger packs which might be worth it.

The biggest challenge you'll face with a shitty flux welder for a CETME or G3 is welding the cocking tube to the receiver. At that point you've come so far, and to blow a hole in the metal would be build-ending.

In addition, after you're 'done', you'll find most claw mounts don't stay on homebent receivers, and if you want to attach a rail instead you'll need eagle eye precision to get it perfectly straight otherwise you've just wasted your time.

It's a fun process if you like total abject frustration.
>>
>>35058582
Theres a different page for metric and inch receivers
>>
File: 1498204895585.jpg (315KB, 1143x833px) Image search: [Google]
1498204895585.jpg
315KB, 1143x833px
>>35033337
anybody know where I can get CAD files, or drawings on a AR180 bolt & barrel?
>>
File: IMG_2272.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2272.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>35033337
>>
>>35034695
>converting to closed bolt
This is the #1 reason I havn't done my LDP yet. I might just get it prepped to build open for whenever I live so far off the grid I don't have to worry about law enforcement.
Or I could stop being a bitch and learn some machining skills.
>>
How plausible is it to design Stoner Gas Expansion bolt that uses the lever locking system in Lever Delayed Blowbacks? Would it be simpler than a rotating bolt? Would it also be softer shooting? Some examples that aren't in bullpups would be the Sterling 7.62 rifle, the Danuvia 43M, Armenian Vahan (It's patent is available to see online) and the AA-52 machine gun
>>
Alright gents got a slight debacle. Recently got a German K98 for a good deal. It's mostly matching sans stock and front band. Only issue with it is at some point someone took a grinder to the rear sight base and ground off the upper handguard retainer tab. So I went ahead and found an in the white and unstamped rear sight base then disassembled the rifle and sweat out the solder holding the front sight base and rear sight base on. After removing both bases I came to find that the barrel is over timed, the locator holes for the sight bases are at about 10 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock. I verified headspace with a go no-go gauge and everything checks out.

So, how to proceed? Attempt to drill new locator dimples with my drill press then reinstall sight bases as intended. Or just reinstall sight bases as they had been without the locator holes. If the first option any suggestions on assuring I drill the holes perfectly at the 12 o'clock without buying an expensive jig?
>>
File: IMG_0442.jpg (29KB, 262x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0442.jpg
29KB, 262x337px
Bumpolium
supports my thread
Gives me something to believe
>>
>>35059162
I don't think any have been made
>>
File: AR18_COMPLETE_5-26-04.jpg (24KB, 1279x592px) Image search: [Google]
AR18_COMPLETE_5-26-04.jpg
24KB, 1279x592px
>>35059162
>https://grabcad.com/library/ar-18-bolt-carrier-group-1
The bolt is the same as the AR15 bolt if I'm not mistaken.
There are shit-tier CADs out there. Pic related
>>
>>35040615
if only this is how it worked
>>
Can CZ Shadows have the slide release on the right side?
>>
File: palpable disgust.jpg (124KB, 770x353px) Image search: [Google]
palpable disgust.jpg
124KB, 770x353px
This week I designed and machined an AK underfolder to AR stock adaptor for no reason other than to make this franken 22lr AR as ugly as possible and watch the look of contempt flood into the faces of range-goers.

This shit works too well. It doesn't interfere with the pistol grip. It doesn't contact the barrel. It even clears the magazine, mag release, and bolt catch when folded.

Why does no one manufacture these? I was going to buy one but ended up building my own.
>>
>>35063752
I hate ARs but I'd still buy this.
>>
>>35063752
Probably because collapsible stocks are about as compact, about as fast to get ready and have the benefit of not exposing the buffer tube or relying on surplus.

That is still really neat though
>>
File: 1504020513658.jpg (136KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1504020513658.jpg
136KB, 623x414px
>>35063752
Put a wooden handgaurd around it.
>>
>>35063752
how close can you get it to look like an AK while still clearly being an AR?
>>
>>35060280
It might be simpler to make, but it's also a lot less accurate. Multilug rotating bolt > everything
>>
>>35063752
what is it, 2" shorter when folded?
Could have at least used RRA PDS
>>
File: mg3.jpg (805KB, 1815x1210px) Image search: [Google]
mg3.jpg
805KB, 1815x1210px
>>35057824
I got my kit from Allegheny everything seems straight but I guess I'll know once I fit everything, just finished de-slagging the parts, removed the cut rail sections, and smoothed up the pieces
>>35057897
sounds like weld shrinkage probably happened, I still need to figure out exactly how and where the recuperator sits, and how it affects barrel install. Going to weld rear to front, and clamp the shit out of everything to try and reduce shrinkage, I guess a shorter receiver is better than a longer receiver if all you need to do is cut the recuperator

>>35058486
>>35058644
ATF plz go,
I know they /can be/ retarded
saw an old guy with a MAK 90 with a third pin hole at an airshow during a living history event, ATF were there to make sure all the firearms were legal as we had some guys with transferables, I told the old guy with the MAK that he should probably hide the AK since the ATF were about to check his table and that it wasn't legal, he just said "THIS THING ONLY SHOOTS SEMI". Was ready for a shit show to happen when the agent came over and looked of his guns, including the MAK, and was like "alright everything looks fine".

The agent either
A) didn't care or
B) didn't actually know

but most of the time, they'll screw you over if they ever see anything like that. Over the many years I worked in the industry, I've seen them do some shady ass shit to try and get people. I remember them walking around gunshows pretending to be attendies, talking loudly to others about their "Unregistered Full auto MAC-10" they had in the truck of their car and asking about trading it for guns other attended were carrying around. I remember one ATF agent doing this, and another guy following him around, probably another agent. The second guy later went to my table, bought one of my AMD-65s, and then dissapreared. Later he came back to my table and was like "OHH NO I CAN'T BUY THIS SORRY SOMETHING CAME UP I NEED A REFUND I'M SO SORRY BLAH BLAH"
..cont in next post..
>>
>>35064171
..cont from previous post...
I gave him the refund only because I knew I could sell the AK easily that weekend. Well I hand him back the money, he hands me back the AMD, and Then when he leaves I notice the fucker, while gone with the AK for the couple hours, had attempted to wrench of the pin and welded barrel extension, had taken out the trigger assembly and then re-installed it wrong, and there were marring marks all over the place.

These guys will stalk gunshows, show up at public ranges standing around in the corners, not really doing any shooting but it's obvious they're just examining everyone's guns.

The risk is not worth it. These guys will bust you if they can. Online, they lurk on public forums, armslist, guns sales groups. I've heard of multiple people getting busted for illegal NFA when the ATF did stings on sales groups.

As someone who's worked with a SOT 02, FA loses it's "fun" after a while. In the end, you blow through $100 of ammo in a couple of minutes and you start to think to your self.. was it really worth it?

If you want to shoot at FA rates just to blow ammo and have fun, use a legal alternatives like enhanced trigger groups, binary groups, bumpfire stocks etc.

But illegal NFA is a world you do NOT want to tread into. The horror stories are real, the ATF does not mess around.

And 10 years in prison is a lot of time to do just so you could waste ammo faster than you would normally, not to mention loss of all gun rights.

Is it bullshit? Yes, the NFA is bullshit, the ATF enforcement of the NFA is bullshit
but It's really not worth the risk

>>35063752
this is actually really awesome. imaging that on a bufferless AR
>>
>>35064171
Looking good. There is a little leeway with these (as in, they can be a couple of mm short), but yeah jig everything up as best you can.
I actually used the bed on my milling machine to set the whole receiver up when I was trying to line everything for tac welding. Worked pretty well. These are probably one of the harder builds, but as long as everything is straight and the bolt runs smooth they are a bit forgiving. The Germans made them to be.
>>
>>35064171
how much do you expect this build t cost when you're done?
>>
>>35064171
>>35064178
>fuck around with something and reduce value for autism
I would have billed the agency for damages
>>
>>35064178
I wasn't bullshitting about my unregistered fa funs. the reason I'm forthcoming about it here is because I'm protected by muh artistic works of fiction and falsehood. You're right though, I've only fired my rpd once and even then it was a pretty unenjoyable experience because I was so anxious about getting busted. T b h it's not very enjoyable owning them just because the anxiety of being caught really outweighs the benefit of FA fun. And like I say it's extremely difficult if not imposssible to find a safe place to play with illegal FA funs. I appreciate you warning the people about the ATF though. I've sometimes wondered if you're involved with the atf to some degree
>>
>>35060864
poast pics. also, what equipment do you have access to?
>>
>>35064178
how reliable are the binary triggers?
>>
>>35064504
If he is, he's a shitty agent by not entraping people and telling you it's not worth it. Suppose you can make the argument that he is seeding the idea of COMPLYING by saying the ATF are superstasi but even then he says they are equal parts incompetent and really obvious.
>>
>>35064171
>>35064178
I think you are wildly overestimating how much money the ATF has for enforcement of that type. Going around to large gun shows is one thing, but they are not hanging out at ranges without a specific reason to be there.
>>
>>35064603
Eh, I'm more so just paranoid about the prominent and influential tripfags/ people on various forums somehow being infiltrators into online communities. It's not like I'm accusing anyone, it's just a thought in the back of my almond.
>>
>>35064623
Sure but at the same time it's like speeding tickets, you only need to very publicly apprehend one or two with some agents camping on busy ranges
>>
>>35064339
Zasta has done a couple and has been pointing me in the right direction, made a jig like his. Hopefully things will go smoothly.
>>35064407
something around $2000
>>35064437
If only.
>>35064504
Anyone could be an ATF agent, you, the anon under you,

or even me

you never know.

>>35064596
the Fostech Echo is probably the only one worth the money since it doesn't have hammer follow. They work pretty good, you can get some pretty decent bursts with them.
>>35064623
Not all the time but they have been known to do it in the past, and they have made busts before for bullshit reasons.
>>
File: 1501109207783.jpg (64KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
1501109207783.jpg
64KB, 675x675px
>>35064734
>they have been known to do it in the past, and they have made busts before for bullshit reasons.
MFW
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (37KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
37KB, 320x321px
>>35064734
>ywn electrocute flandres areoles while interrogating him about his affiliations with the atf
>>
>>35064171
why do faggots cut guns up with a torch like that? Serious question
>>
>>35065282
because a law at some point required it. how fucking new are you?
>>
>>35065440
not a burgerclap so I have no reason to care
>>
>>35064734
Flandre pls, do you have any idea where I could pick up some demilled svd receiver pieces, or hell even an intact one?
>>
>>35063752
Love this
>>
>>35063752
This is hot
>>
File: IMG_0554.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0554.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Note the rollmarks on these ARs. If you are considering an 80%, but don't think you have the skills, go for it. It really is easy.
>>
>>35067151

2Spooky
>>
File: PPS43.jpg (937KB, 2565x1021px) Image search: [Google]
PPS43.jpg
937KB, 2565x1021px
I can't bring myself to finish any of the SMGs I've been collecting. I won't bubba them. I just sit here and brood with a neat wall hanger.
>>
File: 1501846752386.png (247KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
1501846752386.png
247KB, 638x359px
>>35067151
>took a full minute of looking for a rollmark before I realized that was the point
Oh man, I just realized a perfect use for those cheapo chink cnc engravers, making rollmarks. What the fuck is colt going to do, sue you?
>>
>>35067775

Any real collector would be able to tell the difference, but tacticool timmy might not.

>but you'd still be breaking a shitload of trademark and gun laws
>>
>>35068627
Only if you sold them.
>>
>>35067595
>wallhanger
Its literal scrap metal buddy.
>>
>>35053278

/diy/ usueally has welding threads
Also, just buy a stick welder for piss and nothing. Stick is shit for many jobs, but it avoids learning bad habits from starting with MIG.
>>
>>35069102
Stick is like learning hand drafting before CAD. Cheap and a gentle learning curve but the amount of time and limitations you hit might behoove you to start with TIG
>>
>>35069126

I agree, but TIG is more expensive for the first few hours of abomination welds instead of neat beads and lines.
>>
>>35069126
>like learning hand drafting before CAD
So you're saying that it's a good idea then?
>>
File: No display pen needed.jpg (59KB, 408x185px) Image search: [Google]
No display pen needed.jpg
59KB, 408x185px
>>35064121
It's got a CMMG drop-in 22lr conversion bolt so I don't actually need the buffer assembly (or gas system for that matter) but that tube is what I happened to have lying around when I cobbled the rifle together.

I bought a pistol plug for the receiver but it's still in the mail. The adaptor will only stick out about 2" past the back of the receiver folded in its final form.

>>35063968
>>35064029
Please don't put these ideas in my head. I may just have to do them.

>>35063789
>>35063929
>>35064178
>>35066628
>>35067130
Shit, I'm glad you guys like it. I may just end up patenting this and licensing the manufacturing to someone. The thing would be cheap and piss easy to make by anyone with a machine shop.

Also it stands up on its own.
>>
>>35063752

>make this so it replaces the buffer tube, and then run a piston upper
>>
>>35069295
>Brb gonna patent ur design and sell it to ace for $$$

jk but you should definitely patent it or get it patent pending and sell that shit to a company for money.
>>
>>35069940

>patent owner here

Yea, no. He'd waste more money with no guarantee of actually receiving a patent, and for what? It's a pain in the ass to get a patent, been there done that. For an item that vague, you'd have to get really crafty at wording and descriptions.

But if he wanted to form an LLC and file trademarks, that's how you do it. That's what Glock does.
>>
>>35069957
Funny, you're not the first to tell me that. I hear it's a pain in the ass for one too.

How is a trademark different?
>>
>>35070024

Patents expire. Trademarks don't. Why do you think everyone puts front serrations on their striker fired polymer pistols?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/08/20/glocks-trademark-design/

>The mark consists of the three dimensional overall configuration of a semi-automatic pistol having a blocky an squared-off shape as viewed from the side, the front, and the rear. The vertical lines at the rear of the slide indicate ridges. The stippling is a feature of the mark and not intended to indicate color. The dotted lines indicate features that are not claimed as a part of the mark. Neither the shape of the notch on the rear sight nor the circular shape of the interior of the barrel are claimed as a part of the mark. The shape of the trigger guard and the shape, location, and a position of the trigger safety tab are claimed as a part of the mark, but no claim is made to the shape of the trigger separate from the trigger safety tab.

They even sue importers of blank pistols.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/28/glock-settles-lawsuit-maxsell-corp/
>>
>>35069940
>>35069957
I was researching patents last night and couldn't find any of my design. Someone on the 300blcktalk forum made something similar years ago but never did anything with it. I don't think his design allows you to use all the milsurp mounting hardware though.

I have career in a completely unrelated field and have no real desire to spend all of my time and money trying to make money of these things. I really just want to be able to say I have a patented invention. Seems like way more effort than it's worth though.

I'll probably just hand build a bunch if I can get a good setup going. Making this working prototype was a lot of work. Or, just post the design somewhere online for people to make their own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>35070484
If you make a bunch, invest in an anodizing setup and market them you'll probably be able to turn a profit, lists of people have money but not many give enough of a shit to deal with chinks or machine it themselves
>>
File: 20170904_135450.jpg (957KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170904_135450.jpg
957KB, 1920x1080px
Finished modeling the handguard. Little hiccup with bed adhesion resulted in 13 lost hours of printing, but got everything together nicely after that. Currently sitting in my gas chamber getting an acetone vapor bath to smooth it out, then moving on to the silicone mold/resin cast stage.
>>
>>35071288

Lmao, that's what I think it is, isn't it? I recognize Vodka checkering anywhere.
>>
>>35071798
It just might be.
>>
>>35071288
>>35071882
What do you plan on doing for shells? Lathe turning some out of brass?
>>
>>35072178
Yup, going to just go full brass hulls for the sake of simplicity and durability.
>>
>>35072251
What about that shell over there?
>>
>>35072282
3D printed, just testing the sizing.
https://streamable.com/tv7bp
>>
>>35072304
Dare you to print one with an actual base and fire it
>>
>>35072399
Yeah, sure. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>35072663
Probably get a lot of gas into the action when the PLA shatters everywhere
>>
>>35072676
>PLA
Get that garbage out of here, ABS or bust.
Not like it matters.
>>
>>35072696
B-but I double dog dared you.

That is actually really smooth for ABS, Gucci printer or acetone chamber?
>>
>>35072916
That's pre-smoothing, it just finished an hour cycle in the chamber and is currently drying. Might do one or two more depending on how it cures but yeah it turned out pretty well fresh off the printer. Especially considering I set it to a big ass .25 layer height so it wouldn't take 30 hours to print.
>>
>>35044093
>not buying cosmoline for the flavor it gives fried foods
are you a pleb?
>>
>>35071288
I'd use glass reinforced nylon 6 if I were you.
>>
>>35073449
>why don't you use something that will cost thousands of dollars to make one of with a market of maybe 30 people?
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>35071288
You Kjaskaar on youtube?
>>
>>35074301
No, I'd never post on 4chan.
>>35073449
Using the resin smooth-on suggests for gun grips, their 380 stuff IIRC. It'll be alright, it's not exactly a high stress component.
>>
File: IMG_3013.jpg (345KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3013.jpg
345KB, 1280x960px
>>35033337
1 hour. A coat hanger. 3 screws. A scrap 2x4 1 nail and a bolt

Tools

A single knife.
A shitty 12 year old hand drill and 3 bits.
Pliers

How'd I do
>>
File: IMG_3010.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3010.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>35075166
>>
>>35075182
>>35075166
Probably the most mechanically complex firearm design I've ever seen. I'd be surprised if anyone that wasn't a watch craftsman was able to replicate such a device.

Truly the pinnacle of firearms engineering.
>>
>>35075237
Why thank you, I'm expecting my letter of congratulation from H&K on my new job there. I'm currently working on a new development for my shoulder mounted bolt action

Called a Fore-foregrip

Details to come
>>
File: IMG_3016.jpg (1014KB, 2448x2306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3016.jpg
1014KB, 2448x2306px
>>35075182
Straight repping cubism up in the zone
>>
>>35064171
>the fucking car seat/carrier thing in the back ground

Flandre sucha good gun pap pap
>>
>>35064171
>>35064178
they had a snitch that would do shit like that in florida for shits and giggles. just to be a dick to people. he was some snitch for the FBI from a big biker thing in 81 territory.
>>
>>35075929
what, go around fucking up people's guns?
>>
Where do i find forged or milled metric FAL recievers? Particularly looking for the "Type 3" with lightening cuts used on the South African R1.

t. rhodieboo
>>
>>35076267
Check DSAs website
>>
>>35076267
Coonan, dsa, etc. did you even byher to type FAL receiver into google?
>>
>>35076663
Coonan is trash
>>
>>35076518
This is the only place I've found Metric ones besides >>35077019
Its a shame they're so expensive, I just need to finish my G1
>>
>>35073929
lol what? you can print nylon you dingus. no need to spend thousands when you can just tweak the temp and feed settings.
>>
>>35078114
Printed nylon won't be any stronger than cast resin
>>
>>35078155
Bump
>>
File: 20170905_165218.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_165218.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Smoothing went okay. Little bit of striation left but its enough for this project. Now on to mold making.
>>
>>35033517
Get an 80 percent cut and weld some pieces from a apex arms kit. Barrel and semi auto bolt as well.
>>
Anyone ever build a 1911 from an 80 percent?
>>
>>35080195
Auction it off as 'rare russian onahole' after you're done
>>
>measured total volume required, didn't buy enough silicone
God dammit this is going to be like $100 in silicone alone. Guess I'm waiting on Amazon to finish this.
>>
>>35082351
>Amazon
Nigga...
>>
>>35082436
As opposed to?
>do you even have Amazon smile set to donate to the second amendment foundation
>>
>>35080195
Looking good, be sure to make some weird loads to shoot out of that thing.
>>
>>35082537
One, Amazon is run by an antigun lib, two you are paying a premium for essentially warehouse space when you could be purchasing without a middle man on eBay or alibaba
>>
>>35082694
>only pretending to be retarded.jpg
>>
>>35076208
no he would go and talk people into doing shit, mostly retards and mouthbreathers. or sell things to people that didnt know any better. like barely too short rifles, and shotguns.
>>
>>35082694
>alibaba
I bought some tungsten penetrators via them a while ago
>>
>>35082694
Its cheapest on Amazon and I get free shipping, so, nah.
EBay isn't particularly progun either.
>>
>>35082694
When I buy on Amazon, I'm paying a "premium" for the ability to choose between an absolutely massive number of competitors (one of whom has the best price) and to have almost any item on my doorstep in two business days.
>>
>>35082759

got a link? searched for that and it gave me a double vibrating double penetrator straps on dildo anal butt plug

Not what I need bro
>>
>>35083411
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Tungsten-penetrator-tungsten-carbide_60450103765.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.259.2bd13975dOwUK8
>>
>>35083451

Gotta love our communist friends. Thanks
>>
File: IMG_0538.jpg (44KB, 738x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
44KB, 738x424px
I want to build the diy Sten but don't want it full auto for dog reasons, is there any guides/suggestions for making it semi-automatic without an expensive parts kit, doesn't have to fire from closed bolt or anything just semi-auto.

Also I have a type 99 Arisaka barrel and receiver I want to separate, any suggestions that don't involve chopping the barrel off would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>35083937
It needs to fire from the closed bolt, anon. open bolt semis are considered "readily convertable" by the atf
>>
File: IMAG0870_BURST006.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0870_BURST006.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
>>35033337
Hey /gg/, what should I use to clean up all this rust on this Bubba'd Lee-Enfield? She's a bit rough on the rear sight and...
>>
File: IMAG0868_BURST003.jpg (2MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0868_BURST003.jpg
2MB, 5376x3024px
>>35084415
...Quite a bit internally.
>>
>>35084430
brass brush, hoppes +9
>>
File: 1496417182375.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496417182375.png
14KB, 300x300px
>>35084444
Will it do any harm to what little bluing is left?
>>
>>35033337
You guys better not have any full auto markings on your rifles: >>35080552
>>
File: IMG_3225.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3225.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35033337
Please for the love of fuck how do I make this the way that is safe for my doggo
>>
>>35084827
Google how to convert a hk pack to semi. Look at guides on forums. Look at pictures and compare. Try to learn things for yourself.
>>
>>35084944
I have and its literally all just
"Lol cut it and weld it back together"
I have no access to such equipment
>>
>>35084953
You could go to any weld shop and ask them to do two tack welds. Or you could get the equipment and learn a useful skill yourself. Entry level chink shit welders are like $150 from Harbor Freight.
>>
>>35084997
I dont have room for that shit sonny
>>
>>35085110
If you don't have room for what is about the size of a PC move out of the closet
>>
>>35085110
Nigga a 90amp fluxcore welder can sit on a shelf
>>
>>35086546
>>35087197
>wow sure is nice breathing in all these welding fumes in my apartment
>>
>>35087208
Just crack a window lol I used to do it all the time in my apartment
>>
>>35084500
No, it should be fine
>>
Bump in the oven
>>
File: 20170906_124534.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_124534.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
File: 20170906_123131.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_123131.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Just finished today.
>>
File: 20170906_124524.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_124524.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I'm not thrilled with it to be honest. It turned out fine, it's just not the nicest gun in the world. My pump shotgun project turned out way cooler in my opinion. I don't think Boyds gun stocks are very impressive either. All the stocks I made from wood blanks turned out way better.
>>
>>35083937
You need an action-wrench to separate the barrel from the receiver. Why do you need to do that? It will need to be re-headspaced when you put the barrel back on. For the price of an action wrench/barrel vice/barrel bushings and a set of go/no go gauges, you could probably just buy another Arisaka.
>>
>>35089377
>>35089391
>>35089436
Oh wow, a generic old fudd 12 gauge. I bet your a "real gunsmith and not some kid putting together a salt Lego commie parts kits"
>>
>>35089516
>go/no go gauges
OK bud, let us know what being a mouth breather is like.
>>
>>35089641
Hey, I'm not that faggot. I think the parts kit stuff is neato and I want to get into it when I have the money.
>>
>>35089693
Explain
>>
>>35089436
Not all steels are durable to case hardening but it still turned out nice, plus side is that the boyd stock looks thick enough to handle blasting with both barrels regularly
>>
>>35089693
>>35089895
He won't explain because he is a fucking stupid fuck.
>>
You know, I appreciate slow moving threads like this. They produce original and interesting content.
Most threads nowadays are just a piss trough of generic flavor of the week memes that get posted literally everywhere else on the internet but here the posters actually contribute. No need for the constant dopamine rush of (you)s. Just real, wholesome discussion. This thread deserves the bump I'm giving it.
>>
Time to dedicate a corner of my garage to building AKs. Also, time to learn how to build an AK.
I have a bunch of sites bookmarked and a few books from the library checked out and I'm heading to the hardware store tomorrow to get some tools.

Any help that I could get from you guys would be appreciated. Even with all the research I've done and info I've gathered, I still feel pretty clueless. The three kits I'm going to be building are the md 86, VZ58, and md 63. I have the kits, barrels, rivets, and blanks right now.
>>
>>35089436
>>35089377
>>35089391

Stevens/Springfield, yes?

Looks slightly better than the stock wood that was on my Springfield double before I sold it last year. But Boyd's stocks I'd agree are usually disappointing for price, but a double can be a pain in the ass to make a stock for. Still, I wouldn't worry about it. It's a utility gun for a utility man, so there's no reason for it looking "too nice"
>>
how hard is it to swap the mag release to the right side on a Jericho 941?
>>
File: HK33_Kit_0.jpg (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HK33_Kit_0.jpg
32KB, 800x600px
How difficult is an HK 33 build?
I imagine Its fairly difficult. Converting the trigger pack. Bending the reciever flat.
>>
>>35084007
Ok I worked out a semi-auto mechanism and a kinda closed bolt system, the bolt is now two pieces so it can use a non-fixed firing pin. But now I have a new question: can I have a 24" barrel on it or will that not leave enough time for pressures in the barrel to drop to safe levels.

>>35089516
Fug.
>>
>>35087208
Just go outside when you actually welds Nigger. .go on your balcony or something
>>
File: IMG_0391.jpg (43KB, 830x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0391.jpg
43KB, 830x381px
Bump
>>
>>35096217
>local man sets everything on fire below his balcony
>"it seemed like a good idea at the time" claims arsonist
>>
>>35089895
>>35091158
You can literally measure clear tape, and use that to find out your go and no go points. Hell if you want you don't even need a caliper you can just go one layer of tape is a tight go and two or three layers no go.
>>
Finally talked the pawnshop guy into selling me a set of calipers for ten bucks l, came home and realized I have no idea if the calipers are actually true. Anyway to test without using gaugeblocks? Tried coins and they were all over the place
>>
>>35098426
Are they dial or digital?
>>
File: 20170907_141023.jpg (2MB, 2548x1558px) Image search: [Google]
20170907_141023.jpg
2MB, 2548x1558px
>>35098448
Both, got a two for one. One's a Shars dial which I heard are omay enough and the other is a Marcal which I have never heard of and googling doesn't turn up much other than people asking the same question.
>>
>>35035954
Rust blue that shit.
>>
>>35098538
Most digital ones have a zero button. That's all you need since your just measuring distance. It's not something like a parallel that has to be true all over. You just close the jaws all the way and hit the zero button for a standard zero.
Pretty sure the dial ones zero with a little knob that allows you to rotate the bezel. On those you just close the jaws, rotate to zero, and then tighten the screw to lock it.
>>
>>35098604
Simpler than I thought, thanks for that
>>
>>35097438
Weld on rubber
>>
>>35098313
Using tape on a cartridge as a headspace gauge is fudd as fuck, it's not accurate and it's not the proper way to do it.
>>
>>35100962

>tfw if Y'all knew half of my bubba smithing antics, y'all would blacklist me from these threads
>>
>>35095334
expensive, gotta have bending jig, and jig to make sure the flat will have the bolt fit.

Then, weld the flat up and put it together, also buy a barrel.

pain in the wallet, not the ass. I'd just buy a mke, but if you wanna go the build route then I wholeheartedly support you and wish you luck
>>
>>35102466
Rollers are gay
>>
>>35095334
also do you know how to weld? and weld well?
>>
>>35098313
DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE
>>
>>35100962
>>35103162

That method has been used on hundreds of AK kit builds over the past two decades. It works fine. AKs are pretty forgiving in headspace. If your headspace is too tight, you cant lock the bolt and the firing pin can't be hit by the hammer. If you have too much excessive headspace, you might start seeing case head separations. You have to try pretty hard to fuck it up unless you're simply an incompetent builder. If you don't like it, use headspace gauges. You get the same outcome either way and maybe you'll sleep better or something.
>>
File: IMG_0546.jpg (35KB, 740x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0546.jpg
35KB, 740x534px
Is a 24" barrel practical on a Sten?
>>
File: freedom-jig.jpg (71KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
freedom-jig.jpg
71KB, 700x700px
was i scammed?
>>
>>35103660
yes
>>
>>35103660
no
>>
>>35103660
maybe
>>
>>35103660
so
>>
>>35103660
I don't know
>>
>>35104863
well you should
>>
>>35103424
It might be fine on an AK but we were talking about an Arisaka. Bolt action rifles are fairly forgiving as well, but you really should be using steel gauges. Brass casings will squish slightly when chambered. This is called crush factor and it should be taken into consideration when determining headspace, especially when chambering your own barrel. I'm sure plastic tape has a crush factor as well but I'd have no idea how to determine it. Like I said, it might be fine to do it your way, but personally I wouldn't feel OK handing a custom rifle to a customer that was headspaced with tape.
>>
Flandre, are you gonna be doing a build video?
>>
I'm sitting on two vz26 kits, an fal kit, and a .308 bren kit. I know I can do the vz kits and the fal, but how hard is a .308 bren? I can't seem to find barrels. Rechamber and ream a .303 barrel, or have someone make one for me?

Fal will be built within the next week, will post pics when I get it done. Anyone know where to get clocking rods? I normally do it by hand, but want to do it perfect this time, are they needed?

Also, any sauce on the quality of the ReMil cz26 semi kit?
>>
>>35033337
i've always wanted to ask this but never had the opportunity to do so. how realistic is the gunsmithing scene in the movie "the american"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y34CfcWXmkw
>>
File: IMG_1138.jpg (58KB, 484x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
58KB, 484x648px
how to clean thoroughly akm type II bayonet?
there's rust on the blade that won't come off and the textile handle thingy on the end is dirty.
>>
>>35105700
my remil barrel is great
>>
>>35105708
Wd40 and one of those aluminum wire/shaving things you use when scrubbing plates. Spray we liberally on blade and wire scrubber....scrub away...rinse repeat.
>>
>>35105717
thanks!
>>
>>35105459
My bad. I didn't realize we were talking about bolt guns.
>>
>>35105459
I have done a couple of carcano rebuilds with the tape method. Of works fine but you do need a decent caliper.
>>
Two questions

Could I sleeve a barrel to neck it down for another cartridge? Like, say, taking an SKS with a bad barrel, putting a sleeve in the barrel to bring the bore diameter down to 6.5 so I could use 6.5 grendel? Or say, with pistol barrels, going from 9mm -> 7.62?
or a .380 -> .32ACP?

Also, I want to create a poor man's 5.7 using 7.62x25 Tokarev. Could I take a 10mm pistol, sleeve the barrel to 7.62, change recoil springs and have the pistol I'm looking for?
>>
>>35107284
The sleeve thing won't work. You just rebarrel it.
>>
>>35095430
Sten mk2 barrels were 9 inches long originally and unless your trying to chamber something other than 9mm luger in it it should be fine... also the bolt weight is what stops the action from opening not the barrel length...
>>
>>35103660
could you repeat the question
>>
>>35107284
>Could I sleeve a barrel to neck it down for another cartridge?
Yes. It's been done before. Usually to fix demilled barrels. However, you have to drill down the entire length of the barrel (you really need a large lathe for this). It's also done a lot on 22lr conversions. Look up barrel liners. Imho not worth it for a sks barrel.

>Could I take a 10mm pistol, sleeve the barrel to 7.62, change recoil springs and have the pistol I'm looking for?
No. x25 is longer than most pistol rounds. So it won't fit in something like a Glock magazine. Unless you want to do a totally custom job, I would just go for a Tokarev or a cz52. Toks are pretty cheap still.
>>
how would i go about making a magazine? i know feed lips are hard and have to be treated, but how do I weld the sheet metal? tac welds? could i do it with a stick welder?
>>
>>35105701
Looks very believable, although the results aren't, probably would not look that nice and definitely be loud, not as loud as unsuppressed but still loud.
>>
File: IMG_0380.png (183KB, 282x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0380.png
183KB, 282x312px
Flandre is a good person. I fear he's reached a point in his life where he must devote himself to his blossoming family and career instead of giving himself to us; the Internet scum that he used to feed his creative energy to through his trolling, videos, and content. He touched us with that spark, but now he must give it to his family. They will surely prosper under such a charismatic, creative and loving soul as flandre. In the post however we say thank you flander, for the Internet legacy you have left us.
>>
>>35111688
Why don't you suck his dick some more you fucking queer.
>>
File: IMG_0415.jpg (32KB, 260x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.jpg
32KB, 260x293px
>>35112203
If I could I would.
>>
>>35112203
I think you don't realize, over the last 10 years, Flandre has been one of the most helpful individuals on this board. From the gunsmithing content, build tutorials and gunsmithing videos series, and his old gun shop where he serviced hundreds of Kommando.
Not to mention several other buisnesses started from his influence and help, including Childer's Guns and Spivey Arms just to name a couple
>>
File: No4forU.1.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
No4forU.1.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
Half bump, half-how would one remove this black 'stain' on pic related's stocks and get to the brown walnut underneath?
>>
>>35114313
If you mean just lightening up the whole stock so it looks less dingy a good scrub and then a recoat of BLO or Tung should do it . If you mean the black scuffs then you need to strip, lighten, stain and seal with BLO or tung
>>
File: No4forU.2.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
No4forU.2.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>35114395
>If you mean just lightening up the whole stock
That's the one. I'll be honest, I know next to nothing about working with wood.

Would it be safe to say that the say the stock on the top would resemble the one at the bottom when it's cleaned up? Or does walnut come in that kind of dark shade naturally?
>>
>>35103162
a-are you the real boof?
>>
>>35114472
It'll be much lighter than the top. I'd sand it with 220 then 320. Use a block to sand it. BLO, Tung, or Danish oil would look nice. Or a clear varnish if you want a glassy look. Oil would be closer to the original finish though.
>>
>>35103644
nope
>>
>>35114472
Don't sand it if you can help it desu. Try using stock wax first to clean it and if that doesn't work use some really fine steel wool. Once you change the original finish the stock is bubba'd and useless
>>
>>35115688
>>35116112
>sanding
>steel wool
Holy fucking shit you stupid fucking faggots, use a soft rag with laqure thinner and then recoat with thin layers of boiled linseed oil
>>
File: 1499003305574.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1499003305574.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>35116735
>Laqure thinner

Again, no experience with wood. Should I go heavy with the stuff or just light dabs of it?
>>
How hard/easy would it be to get a Norchinko M14 in a wooden stock and install all the shiznits for the action?
>>
>>35117290
Doesn't really matter as long as you do it evenly, depending on how gunked your stock is you might want to change out rags or use soft bristle brushes to scrub nicks, potterfeild has a good vid on it https://youtu.be/jfcUwMWxJ2U

Plenty of vids on how to apply various oil finishes but BLO is the most accurate
>>
File: 1502258823661.png (788KB, 756x470px) Image search: [Google]
1502258823661.png
788KB, 756x470px
>>35064171
>a guy who sinks all his money and is THE crossdressing meme on /k/ is a dad before me
I can't handle this
>>
>>35117440
He was gunsmithing as a hobby first and actual money maker second, he has a non meme CS degree so he can work pretty much anywhere. Honestly surprised he waited this long.
>>
File: 1486594773240.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486594773240.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>35117618
BUT ITS NOT FAIR I NEED TO SPREAD MY SEED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 5a2.jpg (59KB, 663x596px) Image search: [Google]
5a2.jpg
59KB, 663x596px
>>35117655
>>
>>35117655
What? It's totally fair, he studied in a very in demand field, took advantage of his local markets and paid attention to historical prices of kits and bought while there was a glut and sold when it dried up.

Now stop blog posting and go to /r9k/
>>
Hey anons, was thinking of putting together a list of tools and shit needed to work as a basic gunsmith. Anyone interested? I thought of doing this after moving to my new location, and finding out the highest level of skill is armorer in a 80 mile radius. Im talking, can put ar15s together, drift sights, zero machine work.

It would probably be a good basis for anyone wanting to start out without the trial and error of purchasing shit tools and products.

For example:
Work table
>4inch+ table vice
>wood mallet
>tongue and groove pliers
>box wrench set
>allen and torx bits set
>punch set
>painters tape

Cleaning:
>otis cleaning wire, or synthetic cleaning rods
>multi caliber nylon brushes and patch holders
>nylon and copper tooth brush
>0000 steel wool
>eezox oil
>hoppes elite bore solvent
>kg12 copper remover
>numerous amount of cleaning patches

Scope installation:
>weaver scope level with barrel level
>torque wrench(i like borka brand)
>scope lapping kit(if youre using mid to low end rings below the 100$ mark, such as talley or weaver)

Trigger and action tuning:
>polishing compound
>india stones
>400, 600, 800 grit sand paper
>>
>>35117685
Spreading your seed has less to do with job prospects and hobbies. Besides your blogposting about flandres life. B nice to anon.
>>35117655
Watch some RSD my nigga. I used to be a disgusting NEET but after practicing face to face interactions with women for about a year I have no problems being social and getting laid. I'm still a NEET I guess but not a bitter angry sad NEET.
>>
>>35117710
To elaborate on some of my choices:

Wood mallet, because it will not mark steel like a metal or nylon hammer. Ive spent an hour once trying to remove a nylon mark on a rifle.

otis cleaning wire, I prefer this over rods because there is no fear of breaking the wires vs the rods if they end up stuck in the barel.

Nylon brushes, instead of copper brushes because they are aggressive enough for their use with solvent, as well as can be used with copper removing products without damaging the brushes.

0000 steel wool, because if you have a bad case of rust, you can lightly rub the rust away with the wool when dipped in oil.

Eezox oil, the best oil ive ever used. Ive had a rifle that was usually prone to rust, with hoppes or rem oil, remain perfect for the last 2 years without any signs of rust.

Hoppes elite bore solvent, Ive tried multiple solvents, to include KG series, and the hoppes elite worked faster and was as effective as the original hoppes no9 formula from 10+ years ago. It takes about 3-8 swipes through the barrel max to clear all the solvent.

KG12 copper remover, THE ONLY copper remover that I have ever seen remove any traces of copper from a barrel. The trick is to run a soaked patch twice through, let it sit 5-10min, run 2 patches again, wait 5-10min, and if there is still copper left, keep repeating the process. It is not a solvent and is water based, so it actualy makes the copper pool into the liquid and drip out.

Easiest way to scope a rifle that i have found is, level rifle with small bubble level on flat surface of receiver, affix the barrel level to match, attach the rings, align and lap them if needed, place scope in rings and snug them finger tight, place a plum line far enough away to view through scope, align reticle, tighten rings in an X pattern using finger tight strength, follow up with torque wrench using manufacturer preferences.
>>
Anyone have the infograph on machining 80% lowers? The trump one?
>>
File: IMG_1515.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1515.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hello /k/

Noob question, but I found this blank gun, p38 replica in 8mm, fires graphesots of pellets or rubber balls, still is semi auto. I seem to be missing a part, the steel part you see in the grip is connected to the trigger and pushes against the hammer mechanism, but there should be a part that keeps it in place (and a spring), as the trigger feels "loose" and the action isn't working properly if the gun is held up (the steel part can't press against the hammer)

Any idea of the part I'm looking for ? Any resources on these kinds of mechanism ?
>>
File: innawoods feels.png (3MB, 1620x1144px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods feels.png
3MB, 1620x1144px
>>35117847
not even a disgusting neet, just really autistic around girls
>>
>>35117943
Imo if you have to ask basic questions and explain why you're choosing a wooden mallet you're in no way qualified to do smithing for money.
>>
>>35118016
plus he is using steel wool to clean off rust on guns. Like just fuck my shit up bruh.

Say it with me
>Soda
>Blasting
>>
File: black-aces-tactical-2474.jpg (79KB, 900x396px) Image search: [Google]
black-aces-tactical-2474.jpg
79KB, 900x396px
Hello everyone! I'm interested in building a 'sawn off' 'shotgun'.
I'm fascinated by them, as I sexually identify as Mad Max.
I've been wondering on the legality though.
Pic related is legal.
Barrel less than 18"
Never had a stock
OAL greater than 26"

This makes me think that building a sawn off from scrap is okay, as long as the OAL is greater than 26".
Would it be legal to make it with just a long "cheek alignment" poking stick that brings the length up to 26"?

Then the second question is how long should I make the barrels? Shorter = cooler, but that means it will have a longer "cheek alignment device"

Thanks /k/ ily
(also will post pictures when/if I do it)
>inb4 rip doggo
>>
>>35118009
Yeah watch RSDtyler on YT. It's not some pua one weird trick tier bullshit. He just teaches you about the finer points of building attraction that don't come so naturally to autists like us. If you practice going out and trying to hit one women long enough you will learn though. Fucking up and feeling like an autistic is just part of that process.
>>
>>35118100
thanks bud, I'll listen to it at the gym
>>
>>35117710
I'm game
>>35118064
Steel wool is fine for removing surface rust, if it's bad enough you are blasting you should be looking at navel jelly anyway
>>
>>35117710
Digital/dial calipers
Combination square
Brass and steel punches
Magna-tip screwdriver set
1 and 2 inch micrometer
Depth micrometer
Dykem
Prussian Blue paste
FFF compound
A metric ton of sandpaper. Everything from 100 grit to 1500
0000 steel wool
Denatured alcohol
Acetone
Mineral spirits
Ballistol
Eezox
RIG
Set of chisels
Mill bastard file
2nd cut file
Smooth file
Farrier's rasp
Set of needle files
Whetstone
Fisher scrapers
Fisher drill jig
Set of Allen wrenches
Set of taps and dies
Cutting oil
Numbered, lettered, and fractional drill bits
Set of 2 and 4 fluted end mills
Thread pitch gauge
Thin sheet of brass (for making shims)
Action wrench
Barrel vice
Barrel bushings
Sling swivel counter bores
Right hand turning bit
60 degree threading bit
Square threading bit
Belt sander
Reamer extension
Various chamber reamers
Headspace gauges
Trigger pull gauge
Offset screwdrivers
Reverse drill bits
Loctite
Buffing wheels and buffing compound
Sand blaster and media
Wire wheels
Grinding wheels
Oxy-acetylene torch
TIG welder
Drill press
Milling machine
Lathe
Surface grinder
Disk sander
Air compressor
Small furnace
Spray gun
Shop press

That's off the top of my head, there's also lots of specific tools that only have one use like an AR armorer's wrench, 1911 bushing wrench,
>>
anybody here ever make a clamp on muzzle brake ?
>>
Can I build a tantal kit on a 74 fixed stock receiver?

Seems a lot easier to come by
>>
>>35033337
My LGS has a mint M1 Carbine, apparently. Does anyone sell individual parts to start collecting to convert one to an M2? I know an importer who will bring giggle parts into Canada for me, but the only thing I've heard of are ultra-pricey registered conversion kits.
>>
>>35118001
The company doesn't seem to be making spare parts, best advice is to make a spring with some music wire and file out a part that is close enough out of aluminum
>>
>>35118256
there should be a pdf somewhere online of how to convert one... not that I'm advocating that you do so.
>>
>>35118172
I forgot to mention acetone and brake cleaner, thanks for reminding.

Ya your list is good, my list was just bare basics needed for a "starter kit" for those wanting to do get into it.

Im gonna do a write up and post it in the next GG thread if there is one, and if not, ill start a thread on it probably.

Ill seperate the tools into sections such as how i did in my post, and maybe throw in reasons for those particular tools. For example, ill include 1911 section, and put the tools and jigs and what they are used for. Ill only put a brand name down if its something i know is good, such as the borska torque wrenches or the cleaning products i use.
>>
>>35118404
Cont

Also ill include how to do some finish stuff like rust bluing, since im particularly good at it.
>>
>>35118172
V-blocks
Collets
Keyless chuck (my prison name)
Lathe steady rest
Diamond knurling tool
Spring winding fixture
Barrel spinner
Field crowning bit
Target crowning bit
Boring bar
Heat gun
C-clamps
Hacksaw
Slotting saw
Bandsaw
Lots of dowel rods, various sizes
Center gauge
French curve
Foam brushes
Safety glasses
Rags
Dremel tool
Propane torch
Jeweler's loupes
Acraglass bedding kit
Scribe
6 inch ruler
Scotch Brite scouring pads (grey and maroon color)
Bench vise
Nylon/brass hammer
Balpeen hammer
Pistol sight removal tool
Dummy action proving rounds
Bore sighter
Shotgun barrel dent raiser
Checkering tools
Dead blow hammer

That's it, I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>35118180
They're a terrible idea without some kind of retaining method.
>>
>>35118441
good list but Jacob's chuck is better
>>
File: spade drill1.jpg (238KB, 1215x777px) Image search: [Google]
spade drill1.jpg
238KB, 1215x777px
>>35118767
those german made keyless chucks are pretty fuckin' nice tho

Jacobs is a brand made in China now, the jaws on my practically brand new one are sliding to the side and sticking when I loosen it. The Jacobs brand is now Chinese made garbage but the style is still valid.
>>
File: 4jaw mitutoyo.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
4jaw mitutoyo.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>35118441
You should print some flyers and leave a stack of them at your local gun shops.
>>
>>35118864
fair enough, all I know is that my keyless chuck barely gets used anymore because it hardly holds a bit without something going wrong.

my jacob's (admittedly much older than most of the tools I own) works perfectly and I will be distraught if it ever needs replacing.

>>35118877
>webm
shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeettt
that's some precision right there
>>
File: 4jaw tailstock.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
4jaw tailstock.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>35118895
not really it's just a one-thousandth indicator man, I could indicate something in running within a tenth on the 4-jaw given enough time, but the machined result would hardly be that dimensionally sound.

I noticed my tailstock was off a bit after machining with a live center in the end too, about a half thousandth (5 tenths) of taper over 6 inches or so.
>>
>>35118926
assuming the round piece is actually round within a tenth too
>>
>>35118926
>>35118931
my bad thought it was a test indicator for some reason
>>
File: db plan.png (1MB, 956x755px) Image search: [Google]
db plan.png
1MB, 956x755px
>>35118067
pic related is what I'm thinking and trying to decide between
>>
Wait wait wait WAIT.
Hold the fucking phone for one second.....
Is Flandre that crossdressing weeb that's in some of Mugi-chan's videos?
BFG movies? *That* guy?

Good fucking lord, I'm done.
I'm so fucking done.
>>
>>35119520
>getting triggered by crossdressers
First week on 4chan, sweetie?
>>
>>35119520
He fucked her pussy raw and she recently gave birth to his child. Every night he explores his wildest fetishes with her and she loves him so much she is willing to do just about anything he asks. Fucking in cosplay, lactation, s&m, you name it he's done it to her and she's loved every fucking second of it.
>>
>>35119557
Brb, killing self
>>
>>35118016
I felt i had to mention a wooden mallet because alot of new people look at gun websites and go for the brass/nylon hammer and mark up their shit. Im just trying to make a list of tools that new people can use and not waste money with trial and error like I and several others have.

>>35118064
Okay lets use your methods to clean up minor rust spots on your firearm. Steel wool is a good tool to use on small spots, especially on blued or stainless, to touch up, without having to work on large areas that require media or soda.
>>
>>35119520
>>35119582
newfriends are so cute
>>
>>35119099
Checking my own dubs....
I'm going with the bottom, thanks for the input /k/
:(
>>
>>35120520
Don't listen to that faggot. 0000 steel wool and oil is the only appropriate way to clean minor surface rust off of something that doesn't necessarily need to be reblued. Sand blasting and naval jelly are only good for severe cases of rust.
>>
Bump wondering why flandre doesn't reply to any of these posts about him
>>
>>35121841
Because he's about the guns, not fucking bullshit drama, I hope all of you get fucking banned for being underage
>>
File: tok.jpg (438KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
tok.jpg
438KB, 2048x1363px
>>35065889
Russia is the only place
>>35067595
tok SMGs are so fun
>>35075166
>>35075182
>>35075459
uhhhhh...
>>35075617
fugg
>>35084415
>>35084430
good old hoppes, nylon brushes, brass brushes, 0000 steel wool should do the trick
>>35105700
weapon's guild has some really good resources for that. I heard it's not too much harder than a DP build, and the DPM build wasn't too bad.
>>35105701
confused how his baffles went from being washers smashed out with a hammer to fully machined baffles.

kinda shit
>>35111688
>>35112245
>>35113313
<3
>>35117618
was waiting for wife to finish her degree first honestly.
>>35118064
nothing wrong with a little bit of 0000 steel wool on areas to remove rust my dude.
>>35118207
yes, in fact the tantal uses a fixed stock receiver for the folding stock to install into.
>>35119520
ya I was making videos on here years before I started getting mugs to make videos too lel.
>>35121841
>>35121865
Yeah it's been hard to get on and post lately, life is super busy. I at least try and make new threads when there aren't any and reply to people needing help when I have time.
>>
>>35122173
>mass replying to everyone
>except me
Can't I get a single (You) fucking hell
Is my idea really that uninteresting?
>>35118067
>>
File: 1428475897169.jpg (938KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1428475897169.jpg
938KB, 1920x1080px
>>35118067
You talk like a fag.
>>
>>35122173
Just moved to a free state where manufacturing guns is legal and I forgot all about suomis
>>
>>35122522
The only way to find out for sure is to write the ATF a letter with a really detailed drawing/explanation of what you want to do. Just having a dowel rod sticking out the back to increase the OAL seems like the type of thing they wouldn't approve. How exactly are you going to build this thing? What is the receiver going to be made from?
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.