[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just heard about the new gun law that became law yesterday. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: oregon-state-map.jpg (38KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
oregon-state-map.jpg
38KB, 660x500px
Just heard about the new gun law that became law yesterday. How fucked are us Oregonians?

It's scary that legally purchasing a firearm in the 6 months of the petition being filed is enough grounds to have the petition approved and the accused losing their shit for potentially a year.
>>
File: Oregon.png (181KB, 1998x1362px) Image search: [Google]
Oregon.png
181KB, 1998x1362px
I was talking to my mom about it, she gave me the argument that maybe it could have stopped the UCC shooting. Her argument had a lot of ifs and maybes, which is really only the best a gungrabber can hope for.

Imagine making a tasteless joke at the thanksgiving table and your soccermom aunt thinks you're a psychopath so she calls the cops. They take away your guns until you can get a clear psych eval, even then they keep them for a year.
Unrelated, but now we're straight up subsidizing the full cost of an abortion with taxpayer money. Fuck this state, it's nothing like what it used to be.
>>
>>34964073
I don't have anything to do with either side of my family, and both my Mom and Dad are ok with guns. So I pretty much just gotta worry about police.

I don't expect it to go away, but we should push for it to get amended and remove that 6th factor.
>>
>>34963916
molon labe or gtfo
>>
>>34964073
Don't know what happened that year, but 2014 was the year both Oregon and Washington started to get kooky with guns.

At least in Oregon, they'll only be able to pass new gun control laws every other year, cause we have a short session in between each year.
>>
File: 1503390767068.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1503390767068.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>34963916
pretty soon cascadia will be as cucked as california.
>>
File: 1431880577331.png (129KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
1431880577331.png
129KB, 778x778px
>>34964073
Oregon is sinking and Washington is next.
RIP Cascadia
>>
>>34964290
WA and OR are sinking at about the same rate. Either WA will pass a law that OR will copy or OR will pass a law that WA will copy.
>>
>>34964290
it was white and fun while it lasted. prepare to get blacked by commies.
>>
>>34964294
it's that fucking faggot Insle.
>>
>>34964374
my body is ready :3
>>
I'm hoping that PERS will be Oregon democrat legislature's Waterloo but I realize that's probably hoping too much. I live in Portland so I guess I'll have front row tickets to the civil war.
>>
>>34964389
And Kate Brown
>>
Oregon's secretary of state is a Republican, the first Republican to win a statewide election since 2002 and the first to be SoS since 1980, there may still be a sliver of hope for us.
>>
>>34964421
Oregon is too solid Democrat. Kate Brown or Ginny Burdick could go out on a shooting spree and they would still get elected.
>>
>>34964485
Probably because he was running against Brad Avakian. Richardson is kinda a kook, but Avakian is more off the deep end than Richardson.

At least we shut the bitch, Val Hoyle, down from that shit.
>>
>>34964294
Progressives trying to out progress each other until the state is bankrupt or everyone is paying a 75% income tax
>>
>>34964073
>all the meth

It's Heroin now, not Meth. And all the weed is here in Josephine, Jackson, and Klamath counties.
>>
>>34964499
PERS is going to sink this state if it's not dealt with, and Dems show every indication of wanting to ignore it. Once the public employee unions turn on her because they've lost their pensions, who will she turn to for support?
>>
>>34964527
http://gov.oregonlive.com/pers/
>>
>>34964527
Democrats will want to stay in power. So I'm sure if they're thinking they could actually lose to Republicans they'll deal with it and everything will go back to normal.
>>
>>34964580
Republicans can't win, Trump and the Senate have revealed the GOP's true colors to the world.
>>
>>34964527
Bloomberg will continue to bankroll her.
>>
>>34964499
I think Knute Buehler could make a run at Brown. He's enough of a centrist to pick off some of the more moderate democrats.
>>
>>34963916

I actually like this law because it attempts to prevent nutters from getting guns

sure this law can & will be abused but that's what lawyers are for

at least now there is some legal way to again stop the nutters from getting guns
>>
bunch of fucking chicken littles in here. save the bitching for issues that actually matter.
>>
>>34965762
This is a huge issue. The fact that you can legally have your guns temporarily confiscated because you bought a firearm and someone doesn't like you means they can fuck your shit up.
>>
>>34965847
>he drank the kool-aid
>>
If you are legit concerned about this law, maybe it says something about you or the company you keep that you are at risk of being considered a danger to yourself or others.
>>
>>34965864
Ok then, please tell me where it doesn't say that this bill doesn't allow them to do that.
>>
>>34965961
That's no the point, the issue is that legally acquiring a firearm is one of the factors that the panel can use to approve of this restraining order.

It's like having someone filing a petition against you to have your cars taken away and if you bought a car from a dealer ship or off of craigslist within the 6 months of the petition being filed then that's enough legal grounds for the petition to be approved.
>>
>>34965967
Just like C-16, they don't care if it says that.

"anyone would interpret this in a reasonable way!" said the fucking retard who should never vote
>>
>>34966030
Exactly, you can't be vague with this shit. If factor six said acquired a firearm as a prohibited person but that would be clear cut. But as the definition states right now the act of legally acquiring a firearm is enough grounds to have you labeled 'at risk' by the judge and the petition against you approved.
>>
>>34965147
I'll vote for damn near anyone to get her out
>>
>>34963916
I was gonna buy some land in Oregon, but now I'm not...
>>
>>34965961
FOAD LIMP
>>
>>34963916
shitty dems turning one of the most livable places in the US into a shithole one policy at a time, doing the same with WA and ID will fall when Boise gets big enough. It is all the shitty CA fags coming up. Even the hipsters in PDX are starting to catch on with them shitting up the place.
>>
>>34964389
And our AG.
>>
>>34967814
to be fair they are pretty much one in the same and any replacement we get would not be much if at all better, inslee can go fuck himself and so can bobby boy. If the dems can say trump is not their president then I guess i can say inslee is not my governor.
>>
File: Shit_got_real.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Shit_got_real.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>>34964132
It's the damn Kalifornian kooky gungrabbers who think they can bring their dogma to our neighborhood in OR./WA after turning their nest into a shithole. Immigration sucks sometimes.
They think they can bring their Utopian ideas along and perfect them, when they haven't met meth head robberies on MLK in Portland.
Same goes for the Islamics, they will fund terrorism with their damn mosques right in the daylight, or just outbreed everyone else after fleeing their own sectarian shit holistan.
>>
>>34964073
>we're straight up subsidizing the full cost of an abortion with taxpayer money.
unplanned mud/poor person pregnancies brought to term cost the state more than an abortion in the long run. killing future criminals before a cop has to do it or you have to pay to house them is a win.
>>
>>34964073
Giving up on our home just surrenders it to the wolves
We have to keep fighting
If germany can go from wimar to nazi we have hope.
>>
>>34967529
Stay the hell out
We dont need more foreigner blood
As based as you might be make your own state better
>>
>>34963916
That's not how the six-month thing works.
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB719

It just says that purchase of a firearm within six months is something that may be taken into account when considering whether to issue the order. It's literally on page one of the bill. They take a lot of stuff into account and none of it is written as an automatic approval. You should read this bill before you talk about it any more, that's the difference between an educated gun owner and a gossipy bitch.
>>
>>34963916
>>34964073
>>34965847
>>34965967
>>34966335
Look at all these dumb idiots, jumping to conclusions without reading the actual bill.
Here's where the six-month thing comes from:
(4) In determining whether to issue an extreme risk protection order, the court shall
consider the following:
(a) A history of suicide threats or attempts or acts of violence by the respondent directed
against another person;
Enrolled Senate Bill 719 (SB 719-A) Page 1
(b) A history of use, attempted use or threatened use of physical force by the respondent
against another person;
(c) A previous conviction for:
(A) A misdemeanor involving violence as defined in ORS 166.470;
(B) A stalking offense under ORS 163.732 or 163.750, or a similar offense in another jurisdiction;
(C) An offense constituting domestic violence as defined in ORS 135.230;
(D) Driving under the influence of intoxicants under ORS 813.010 or 813.011; or
(E) An offense involving cruelty or abuse of animals;
(d) Evidence of recent unlawful use of controlled substances;
(e) Previous unlawful and reckless use, display or brandishing of a deadly weapon by the
respondent;
(f) A previous violation by the respondent of a court order issued pursuant to ORS
107.716 or 107.718;
(g) Evidence of an acquisition or attempted acquisition within the previous 180 days by
the respondent of a deadly weapon; and
(h) Any additional information the court finds to be reliable, including a statement by the
respondent.
And in my next post, I'll ctrl+v the part where it lays out how that affects the decision to issue the order or not issue the order.
>>
>>34972654
>>34963916 (OP)
>>34964073
>>34965847
>>34965967
>>34966335

(6)(a) The court shall issue an extreme risk protection order if the court finds by clear
and convincing evidence, based on the petition and supporting documentation and after considering a statement by the respondent, if provided, that the respondent presents a risk in
the near future, including an imminent risk, of suicide or of causing physical injury to another
person. The court may not include in the findings any mental health diagnosis or any
connection between the risk presented by the respondent and mental illness.

So the person gets to make a statement at the initial hearing, and the court requires "clear and convincing evidence" of some immediate danger. Buying a gun alone is not enough. Making a joke about violence is not enough. They need reason to believe that there is some violence about to occur.

Read the legislation before you talk about it.
>>
>>34964290
>Cascadia subduction zone
>Cascadia subjugation zone
>>
>>34972654
That's pretty reasonable, im okay with this

Kudos to brown for not going full tard
>>
>>34972446
Instead of improve where they are, people nationwide abandon their hometowns, come down here and shove their beliefs down everybody else's throats.
That's the american way, always has been.
>>
>>34973440
Fuck them and fuck that
We built this place from nothing and ill be dammned if ill just stay quiet and say nothing.
This is my home, i was born here, and ive spent my life watching these fucks erode it.
Its infuriating.
>>
File: 1459299303397-3.png (2MB, 983x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1459299303397-3.png
2MB, 983x1073px
Thanks all the liberal faggots that moved here and ruined my perfect state.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1500147374073m.jpg (27KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500147374073m.jpg
27KB, 1024x576px
>>34973529
Take it back, brother

Our lord and saviour tom MCcall demands it
>>
>>34973529
NORMIES! GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY STATE YOU FUCKING NORMALFAGS!

RRREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34972654
So in other words they can void both 2nd and 4th Amendments on hearsay. An angry ex-wife or girlfriend or roomie can do this. And you think it's no biggie.

Jee-zus.
>>
>>34973607
>hearsay bieng held up in court
What kind of $2 lawyer did you hire?
>>
>>34973629
are you implying that you'd even have the opportunity to have a lawyer represent you? That's not how this works.

After the fact, absolutely. But initially, you simply receive a Judge's order to turn in your guns within 24 hours. No lawyers, juries, or any sort of due process.
>>
>>34972654
>>34972707
>Misdemeanors
>A DUI
>Domestic Violence
>History of suicide threats
>history
>threats
You're not convincing me at all. Instead of a felony, a petty charge of a misdemeanor can fuck you over of gun rights. Instead of two or three DUIs, it's now one. And then comes threats. Excuse me, but just because a person was feeling suicidal back then, doesn't mean they are now and it doesn't mean they can have their firearms taken away. Same goes with domestic violence if it was in the past.
>>
>>34973549
>>34973550

I love my state more than anything but if it gets much worse I don't think I can take it. Alaska seems comfy, I guess, but I worry that soon there will be nowhere left to go. What is there to be done? How can I help aside from trying to redpill the few receptive normies I am able get through to? For every person I convert 50 more degenerates move here and make it worse.
>>
>>34973848
There comes a point where you gotta march on salem desu
But get involved in local politics, run for an empty chair, there are plenty.
Rally, demonstrate, and instill pride in fellow natives.

Its easy to want to give up, but our home is sacred, and its our duity to fight to defend it
>>
>>34973940
I'll keep pushing back while I can, hopefully we can change the course before we go full retard.
>>
File: 1488763807293m.jpg (106KB, 1024x462px) Image search: [Google]
1488763807293m.jpg
106KB, 1024x462px
>>34974118
If germany can go from wimear to full nazi we will be okay, nigga.
Stay the course.

Dem counties shrunk in 2016, take a look

Not only that, hipsters buy guns now

You would be surpised at the types we get at some gun shows ive worked.
They all like wierd stuff, but of course they would.
>>
>>34974167
Im suprised it shrunk as much as it did desu
>>
>>34974118
>>34974167
>>34974325
Buy a noveskie, or a Colfax tatcial, and a gerber
Support dat locality
>>
>>34974421
Maybe if they sold something that wasn't a fucking AR... i do have a couple gerber and kershaw though
>>
>>34974464
Start an oregonian ak company then, nigga.
>>
>>34974421
Buying a Colfax actually
Its gonna be my first ar, am hype.
>>
>>34973684
Yeah that's not true. Read the bill.
>>
>>34973726
People have to make a case BASED OFF OF those things. They still have to make an argument that shows there is an imminent threat, that section just lists the things that the court is looking to take into account as a part of that process. None of those items are guarantees, and the person having the order placed against them has a chance to speak in their defense. Read the whole damn bill, I linked it for a reason.
>>
>People defending this or saying it's not a big deal

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.