[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asl/ Ashlands thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 49

File: ashlandsmap.png (172KB, 1401x667px) Image search: [Google]
ashlandsmap.png
172KB, 1401x667px
http://ashlands.wikia.com

>What the fuck is Ashlands and why are you posting writefaggotry in /k/?
Ashlands is a /k/ based writefag general based on the universe and world if the Yellowstone volcano were to erupt. Science and logic is thrown out the window in favor of a /k/ paradise.

>Why is it on /k/ and not something else?
Because Ashlands is a combination of staple /k/ vidya like the Metro series. Falloutfags gfto.

>Can I participate?
Yes. Read what others have wrote and try to keep it in the same universe. The best way to do this is to consult the map and wikia when you've decided on your location. Just keep the factions all in-line and there won't be confusion.

>Map updates:
The map has been changed to fit the current factions. Next update will include an expansion of the Appalachian Defense Force since mountain men have a totally different culture then the coastal people, something I had not considered when setting the territory initially.

Also someone post the discord.
>>
I sure am tired of all these ashes on my lands.

>The End
>>
>>34297626
What's with the hash lines? How are they different than the solid colors? Also, why are Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri left mostly blank?
>>
File: 1492997058346.png (228KB, 412x577px) Image search: [Google]
1492997058346.png
228KB, 412x577px
nth for the New England Coalition

>>34297626
https://discord.gg/x6GrnV

Here's the discord

https://pastebin.com/c8exhsjy
https://4archive.org/board/k/thread/30970773
>>34273785
https://4archive.org/board/k/thread/31219953

Here are the previous threads, for reference

This should be in the OP next time around
>>
>>34298213
To my understanding the hash lines are inside their calm but not under there strong control so just small bases, patrols, still mostly a no rule of law situation. The solid is wear you would see a proper government or at least heaver forces.
>>
File: TRC.png (37KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
TRC.png
37KB, 1280x851px
Well I have been writing some stuff about the St Louis area, feel free to chime in if you feel something could be written better.

> post-eruption, much of the city is engulfed in rioting and looting.
> police quickly overwhelmed.
> Local government quickly collapses, the Mayor goes into hiding.
> not long after most of the city heads east fallowing FEMA radio broadcasts.
> 10 DPE, (days post-eruption)
> St. Louis County population is down to 430,000 .
> gangs start taking control of major areas.
> 30 DPE
> Scott air force base experiences a Coup by the enlisted Airman lead by 1st sgt. James Kart.
> three main groups come to take dominants in the region.
> The Cardinals, setting up in and around the old stadium mostly organised raiders all going under the same banner.
> the Ferguson Defense Force. small but fierce group with no strong territory but operating through much of the area
> the Scott Airman. 200 Airman lead by James Kart, no notable armor or aircraft to speak of, but they are the only professionally trained personnel in the region
> 60 DPE
> City Mayor comes out of hiding and brokers a deal with the Scott Airman.
> seize land from the Cardinals.
> 90 DPE.
> the former government and the Scott Airman Form The Twin River Compact or TRC and declares the Mayor Governor for life.
> The TRC claims all land within 100 miles of the arch grounds is theirs, although they have no forces more than 25 miles out of the county.
> The Ferguson Defense Force declares the TRC a dictatorship and engages in gorilla fighting through the city.
>>
>>34300030
i dont think a coup would happen that quickly
whats the reason for it
>>
>>34300067
I was thinking after communication and supply lines were cut off the enlisted airmen would be at the mercy of potently shitty Officers resulting in broken moral. Now that u mention it, it does seam a bit quick.
>>
>>34300030
Wouldn't the airmen have aircraft and minimal armor leftover from the base?
>>
>>34297626
>Missouri keeps business as usual
>joins no govt
Sounds accurate enough
>>
Seeing as how a majority of Iowa is in the outer ashlands and wouldn't be too affected by the general eruption itself, and isn't in control of a major government, here's what I feel it would be like

> Ash and heat begin to disrupt crop production
>The big cities are immediately run down and destroyed by their inhabitants, they soon leave the general area of the state, heading for more populous area
> Farmland becomes ash ridden, farmers decide to stay and attempt to what they can
> Ashe not too strong after a while due to do range from initial explosion, soon becomes like secondary soil to very few plants, such as beans
> Iowa has small farms with little yield, but but forms communities of farmers who don't form strong govt.
> They have a generally solid ability to live, but is not a big state so no govt wants to waste resources to assimilate

Thoughts?
>>
>>34297626

>Kansas City
>Shit goes bad
>Hunker down in my nice spot in the outer Ashlands
>Just by the border into the Inner Zone
>Loot all the shit from abandoned downs in the ashlands
>Get fucked Omaha
>>
>>34297626

Do we just start our writefaggotry here?
>>
>>34302353
yes pls
>>
File: 1481277244355.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1481277244355.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>34297626
>Be me, homesteader on the T.E.F.

>Fuck these crops man, I'm 16 but mah' grandpappy gave me this mosin before he kicked it from ash fever, so I can totally hack it out there.

>Decide to head out one day

>hear screaming and ungodly squeals

>see what look like fuckhuge boars ripping apart a small group of stragglers

fuckme.ashscrawling
>>
File: 1496380234466.jpg (103KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
1496380234466.jpg
103KB, 570x558px
>>34297626
What's the general consensus on semi-mutated people/animals a la the rats from Metro 2033 or even more fantastical like skinwalkers and other /k/ staples? I remember a small writefag talking about some feral quisling person who killed and ate a member of their scav party and gave an image of someone who had chemical burns, would that count? Maybe their minds break from the from bleakness etc.?
>>
>>34302489
which T.E.F tho? you people should specify
>>
>>34302353
I'll start something, give feedback on how to make better, new to this

Entry 1

I'm a new recruit to a small gang based out of Fairfax,Oklahoma. We were on a small looting trip to a drugstore and I picked up this little journal that was used as a diary for the manager, but I ripped those pages out so whoever picks this up won't have to read about a chick named Stacy for 5 pages straight.

We're in the jurisdiction of the TEF (Texas EF), but their patrols are lazy and normally don't come this far north. We have our base set up in an old school, and its generally secure. I'll keep this journal for interesting events and record keeping for patrols and raids, not everyday life. That shit gets boring.

cont?
>>
>>34302609
Tejas Expeditionary Force
>>
>>34297626
what the fuck is "northeastern coalition", it should just be "New England"
>>
>>34302638
yee
>>
>>34302638
Entry 2

Alright, I'ts been a couple days since the first entry. I had urges to write, it takes your mind off of the worry, and gives you something to do other than draw dicks in the ash with a piece of old metal fencing.

Just for future guys who don't have to live in these wastes, if the day comes, or for anyone who happens to find this on my corpse and enjoys reading and fashion, I'll describe my clothes and general scouting equipment.

I'm dressed the average rags of a wastelander, i assume it was an old army coat from the camo and destroyed patches. I have pants of the same material that I managed to scavenge from an unlooted department store with my pals a few weeks back. I have my full-face respirator that helps filter the ash and dust out, plus it looks badass. Last but not least, I have my signature. I have a compound bow, manufactured by a company called Hoyt. It looks cool, and gets the job done. I've killed plenty of ashbugs and TEF rangers with it, it's become my best friend. It also seems that the one munition that's never looted is arrows, so I normally have a good supply that I can reuse as well.
>>
>>34297626
The following entries were found on a member of a Great Lakes Coalition LRRP Team who had been KIA by an unknown force

Entry One

Our step off point was Toledo. Morale was high and our final point was to be Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton. That far south territory claims were split between us, the Tennessee expeditionary force and the Appalachian defense force guys. While most encounters ended peacefully with trades of supplies and warning of possible raider groups in the area, they did end in blood shed on occasion.
The LT seems concerned about gangs around Dayton region . We're rolling heavy with two squad guns and light AT, which we've never done before. I think there may be more to this mission than were getting told
>>
>>34302721
Entry 3

Apparently, we found the reason our supplies started to slowly dwindle. A group of 5 guys had found away to break into the general armory and storage areas for the base. Today, they staged a mutiny against the rest of the gang (We consist of 27 including them). They had found the one automatic machine gun we had, and announced that they were taking the supplies they'd slowly drained and were leaving.

Everyone started panicking, because we kept the big guns in the armory, and before they announced, they managed to sneak and them all out, leaving us with pistols, but I still had my bow, as I keep it in my personal footlocker. They were holed in the gym, and were getting ready to leave, so I snuck out of the base and around the back with two other guys. we ambushed them as they left, and we killed four of them, and lost one of us. We got our supplies back (They were riding on being able to run off with a bus that we'd locked up because they assumed it worked. The idiots!) The last one surrendered and so we caged him and plan on letting him starve in the boiler room. We held the funeral for our man who died, and agreed to instate a watch over the armory consisting of the most trusted of us, and I was chosen as the first one to watch. I'll report in tomorrow, there's supposed to be a raid on an enemy gang we've planned for weeks.
>>
Anyone still got the GLC flag?
>>
>>34297626
>Be deep zone tribal
>Ashstorm lets up enough that we can go above ground
>Ashkahn tells us to go git some food
>We start to head out until he tells us to take Nivdris with us
>Fucking no one likes that s'wit, but the Ashkhan demands it
>Reluctantly we gather the weapons and head out with him
>Looking out for Ash crawlers, they taste like shit but the meat basically doesn't decay
>Finally see one in the distance, approach it slowly
>It suddenly digs itself under the ash as a loud rumbling heads in our direction
>Iron wagon full of glass eyes rolls up pretty much right next to us
>Smug sounding bitch at the front says "and if you look to your right you'll see the local mutants" in a booming voice
>Glass eyes pull out their flash boxes and start blinding us with their constant bursts
>About to give them a piece of my mind
>But just as I am Nivdris flips the fuck out and just starts unloading his ripper into the wagon
>Know what's coming next, immediately dive into the ash as some of the glass eyes pull out their fancy rippers and just blow Nivdris away
>The rest of us make a run for it when the shooting stops
>Get back to the tunnels without a hint off food, one less ripper, and without Nivdris
>Ashkhan loses his fucking shit, spends about three hours yelling right into our ears
Fucking glass eyes and their flash boxes man, I swear to Mother Yellowstone
>>
>>34302654
My problem with both names is that a country would name itself either. New England? No way. Northeast? of what?
>>
>>34302898
Entry 4

Ok, raid I mentioned before? Canceled. We had a bad run in with some ash tusks. Ash tusks are the pre-eruption boars that bred and slowly became used to the ash, and now they burrow and terrorize anything and everything, even the ashbugs are scared of them.

Anyhow, we were gathered in out normal patrol formation, with our team of 15 that we use for scavenging and assaults, and such. Our scouts, when mapping the area for the raid didn't notice the burrowing circles on the way to the target base, that's an old factory. We walked right on top of their burrows.

One guy, Johnny immediately bit the dust. An ash tusk charged out of the shrouded burrow and impaled his crotch and was trampled. four more burst from their burrows and assaulted us. The one thing my bow doesn't work against is the hardened, ash-crystallized hide of a grown ash tusk.

I had to pull out my pistol, and had we had a grueling fight with the bastards. we lost six good men. but, on the bright side, we have plenty of meat, a less likely chance to run short on supplies, and out leader was talking about making spears and coats. Bad news: we're really vulnerable from losing eleven men the last two days. Signing off.
>>
>>34303206
Entry 5

The gang might be buried for good.

The leader made us some makeshift bulletproof coats from the hides. I got one, and four others. Some guys got upset they didn't get anything, and straight up left. That's another three gone. We're down to thirteen men, now. We've managed for four days since then, but the TEF finally started picking up on the patrols, so we can't operate well with the risk of degrading us down too far. My buddy wants to join the TEF, but I'm becoming tired of having stayed n the same place all my life. If we disband, I'm heading east. I hear there's a place that used to be called Missouri, and there's a small area on the outskirts of the outskirts of another government called the Tennessee Expeditionary Forces. What's with all these places called TEF?
>>
File: jyyyu.png (140KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
jyyyu.png
140KB, 1000x714px
Would this be feasible?
>>
>>34297626
So I live in the Appalachian foothills, and know firsthand how different the piedmont and mountains are from each other. However, cities and Interstate side towns in the area are more likely to identify with the state than the region.
Still, the Confederacy only has control over the Interstates and main cities.

http://ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/Carolina_Confederacy
>>
>>34297626
Everyone in this thread is a goddamn faggot. Fuck you all for shitting on this board.
>>
>34303422
yeah but why
>>
>34303422

Another /k/ normalfag that doesn't realize how /k/ this thread is.
>>
>>34302654
>>34303100
It's the New England Coalition now, for what it's worth.

That said, I'd be interested in hearing if you had better suggestions for a New England based state.
>>
File: ABUgray.jpg (134KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ABUgray.jpg
134KB, 1000x750px
Bumping with ash tigerstripe
>>
>>34303553
Republic of Columbia, Freedonia.
>>
>>34303316
Entry 6

I'm done with Oklahoma, never coming back.

So, we disbanded a couple days ago, and so I took my share of our supplies, headed out with my bow, arrows, Colt 1911, and basic supplies. On my way to what used to be Missouri, I had to traverse across an old native american reservation. I saw shit I will never be able to unsee. My pa always told me about these comic books about some superheroes called the X-Men, and one guy in particular was his favorite, wolverine.

I walked into an abandoned house and it reeked of death, but I needed to go in as it was almost night and walking in the wastes at night is like knocking on Satan's door. This house was built on one of the reservations, and it looked like someone wealthy had lived here pre-eruption. Anyways, I decide to investigate the house, and this rotting smell increased when I got near a door, I opened it, and it was a ladder leading up to the attic (door was on second floor). I wak up as quietly as possible, and what I see will haunt me. There was a stack of around 3, 4, maybe 5 corpses. I could tell, as they were dismembered to all hell. Laying among them was a man who looked of native american descent. His eyes were open, but he didn't breathe. He was wearing a leather jacket and pants, and had a large bloodstain on his ash-caked t-shirt. He had been impaled with a spear tipped with a rock, so it was obvious people around here were acting like savages and using prehistoric tools. The reason I mentioned the comic books? This freak had leather gloves that he had cut holes into, and inserted knives into his own skin, and cauterized them so they would stay. Judging by the serrations on the bodies, this guy had used the same knives in his fists to kill them. I went downstairs, and boarded and locked every entrance I could find, including that door to the attic. The shit this wasteland does to people...
>>
>>34303972
That could work, and I used a similar name for the faction for a while.

Federal Republic of New Columbia or Federation of New Columbia, though? Or should I drop the "new" part entirely?
>>
>>34304112
Columbia doesn't sound very New England to me
>>
File: rny.jpg (52KB, 1440x864px) Image search: [Google]
rny.jpg
52KB, 1440x864px
Goddamn, didn't think I'd see this ever again. Republic of New York here.
>>
>>34306241
I don't know, it's pretty American, and it would work for a state that sees itself as the rightful successor to the US Government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_(name)
>>
Honestly, you might consider heading over to /tg/ with this. They won't reeee about it not being related and they might even be glad to help.
>>
File: FNC M3 AR.png (12KB, 806x441px) Image search: [Google]
FNC M3 AR.png
12KB, 806x441px
>>34306599
From what I understand, someone tried to port the threads over to /tg/ and they reee-ed and shit all over the setting because they didn't understand it

Lets keep Ashlands a /k/ thing, at least until it's more complete.

On another note, I'm almost finished with the Sterling-AR18 bastard that is the FNC/NEC's M3 Assault Rifle
>>
File: pmg stubby compact smg.png (11KB, 476x213px) Image search: [Google]
pmg stubby compact smg.png
11KB, 476x213px
>>34306884
what program? MSPaint? Pimpmygun? Gimp? I tried using PMG, but it never looks well put together, like pic related
>>
File: FNC M3 AR.png (12KB, 806x441px) Image search: [Google]
FNC M3 AR.png
12KB, 806x441px
>>34306932
MS Paint and a little too much free time
>>
>>34307038
Sergei... free time is free time. Mech E was making me want to end my pitiful existence a few months back, but when I had free time from my shitty job and studying to paint my nerf guns to look like some tron, perturbator, hotline miami bullshit or clean my 442 I cerakoted black, that's my time, and you do you my negro.
>>
File: CSF.jpg (49KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
CSF.jpg
49KB, 700x700px
>>34297626
New minor faction idea: Castramentation (of) Saint Francois (CSF)

Located in the Saint Francois mountain range, mostly in the Mark Twain National Forest, Missouri, the faction creates fortifications and strongholds in the clearing up in the mountains, creating safehavens for traveler for a small fee if they want to stay for a while. It was formed by the park rangers, national guard, and emergency response forces from the nearby areas.

Essentially, they create wealth by hunting, and create safe zones in the mountain range. They then trade and have people pay for their safe migration and stop, and they have political connections with the two major factions on either side, protecting their scouts. If the two factions became aggressors, they would allow for safe negotiations and such.

The faction, having been created by police, emergency response, etc., has plenty of firepower and supplies, so they can hold their own. They ally with the nearby large factions so they have a steady flow of customers, mostly rangers and scouts. They also deal with scavvers, and that's how they get materials like metal to create strong fortifications.

Pic related, official emblem.
>>
File: 1491109097789.jpg (25KB, 336x599px) Image search: [Google]
1491109097789.jpg
25KB, 336x599px
>>34306884
Ah, that sucks. It seems like a pretty interesting setting.

>desire to return to home state and help restore the USS North Carolina intensifies.
>>
File: North_carolina_fireworks.jpg (743KB, 3439x2240px) Image search: [Google]
North_carolina_fireworks.jpg
743KB, 3439x2240px
>>34307094
Huh thats not the picture I meant to post.
>>
>>34304051
Should I continue this journal?
>>
File: big mamie.jpg (328KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
big mamie.jpg
328KB, 1024x576px
>>34307064
True enough, my man

>>34307094
I see no reason not to re-activate the battleships, as long as you have the resources to do so.

They're more than enough to fight piracy, and the age of the aircraft carrier and guided missile is more or less over in Ashlands because the support structure that made such things viable no longer exists. As such the FNC may or may not bring the USS Massachusetts back into service as the flagship of it's small Federal Navy.
>>
I wrote something awesome about the time immediately after the eruption from the mid west perspective but have seem to have lost it along the way, I know it was saved once anyone happen to have some archive?
>>
>>34307094
>>34307110
>You will never fug a deep zone tribal mutant
>>
File: csfjurisdiction.jpg (715KB, 1387x660px) Image search: [Google]
csfjurisdiction.jpg
715KB, 1387x660px
>>34307073

Just for anyone who's wondering, I painted the general area the CSF would work with. It doesn't need to be updated ont he official map though, because it's just a minor faction
>>
>>34307249
Archive is here >>34298305
>>
File: 1491674782677.gif (1MB, 412x442px) Image search: [Google]
1491674782677.gif
1MB, 412x442px
>>34307246
Honestly, they're already gearing up to repair the hull irl. Going to dam up the inlet and dredge it out to make a drydock since they can't send divers to do it safely. They just need to raise the money.

>>34307281
Right?
>>
File: 432141324321.jpg (726KB, 1597x1421px) Image search: [Google]
432141324321.jpg
726KB, 1597x1421px
>>34307336
Indeed
>>
>>34297626
Alright nerds, Camel 5 here
Air Travel still exists although not on the same level as before, most Aerial Vehicles consists of Turboprops, Regular props, ultralights or Blimps. Turbojet powered Aircraft are nonexistent. Factions that do have Aircraft are:
Lone Fort State(Long Live)
Great Lakes Coalition
Gulf Republic
>>
File: 545768578567.jpg (180KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
545768578567.jpg
180KB, 640x800px
I could see the eruption causing a similar phenomenon to Lake Natron in Tanzania.

Pic related.

>>34307422
Why just those factions?
>>
>>34307422
The FNC might have a couple dozen operational aircraft, but with fuel being heavily rationed they probably spend most of their time on the ground.
>>
>>34307435
I should have put they had Aircraft in large quantity,
LFS: Decent Aerospace Industry b4 eurp, Lockheed located within Texas along with the fact that the ANG has C-130s, CAF can also play major role
GLC: Daytona has large Aircraft amount, such area has a lot of bush planes.
Gulf Republic is the same case as LFS, just without the CAF
>>
>>34307486
dayton you mean?
>>
>>34307437
Agreed. Most likely some aircraft will be cannibalised.
>>
https://pastebin.com/qzSbd3B6
>>
>>34307509
yes, thank you for the correction.
>>
File: 1493830509379.jpg (50KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493830509379.jpg
50KB, 480x720px
>>34307486
Fair enough. The Carolina confederacy would have some combat aircraft, for a little while at least, since it has at least one base that I know of with both a fighter wing and a refueling wing. The fuel supply wouldn't last super long though.
>>
>>34307308
Thanks bro, found it all and after a little clean up I will repost and expand.
>>
>>34307435
is it alive?
>>
>>34307584
the CC will become a player due to their Hercs they have, however, their F-16s would most likely be grounded for good unless engineers in LFS come up with a good solution for Jets.
>>
File: 1493387994019.jpg (47KB, 604x323px) Image search: [Google]
1493387994019.jpg
47KB, 604x323px
>>34307611
No, no it is not.
>>34307619
F-15s mate, and maybe a pair of F-22s
>>
>>34307644
my bad, looking at ANG wings, never remembered to check actual air force, but the same situation applies as >>34307619
jets will be grounded for a long time due to Jet Turbines being less resilient to ash.
>>
>>34307584

Fuel is the one and only area where planes (or rather, jet engines) aren't picky. They can run off of pretty much anything. Biodiesel would work, as would coal-based fuels, and alcohol based fuels. These already exist and have been used.
>>
>>34300030
What the fuck what about fort Leonard Wood airmen ain't holding down shit.
>>
>>34303815
It irks me that you chose ABUs instead of making actual tigerstripe ash colored.
>>
>>34307944
Do you want me to?
>>
>>34307990
yes please, ABUs are for office plants. Also I'm just being autistic.
>>
File: 149790572019043.jpg (265KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
149790572019043.jpg
265KB, 700x700px
>>34308021
Here ya go
>>
>>34304051
Entry 7

It's been three days since last entry.

I thought I was going to die in these wastes. My supplies were starting to dwindle as I crossed the Missouri border, and I traversed for a day straight, no breaks. I slept nearly all day yesterday. I'm walking through some hilly, forested areas, and I'm hearing some rummaging always behind me in the brush. I don't want to investigate, it'll take me off my trail. As of writing this, I have just entered the area of what used to be the Mark Twain National Forest. I'm currently sitting in a cabin, eating some of my little remaining rations, but luckily I found some shotgun shells in a footlocker under the bed. I think I've been hearing talking outside the house. It could be my imagination, I've been paranoid ever since the Indian reservation. I'm gonna start trekking north Until I- [Page goes uncontinued, with the remainder of the sentence going into a scrawled line]
>>
>It's a cold summer afternoon, just like yesterday, just like tomorrow.
>Your black, wool gloves, denim jeans and grey, canvas jacket kept you warm.
>You always kept the hood up.
>The reason you gave was because you lost a lot of heat through your head, but really, you thought the hood complimented your gas-mask.
>Admittedly, the mask did more than you expected to keep the heat in; the plate carrier too.
>Work was mostly uneventful.
>You never realized how insufferable the sound of your own breathing was until you were forced to hear nothing else for hours on end.
>You thought about daydreaming to keep yourself distracted while working, but you found out soon that your imagination got away from you, filling the perpetual fog with demons, and ghosts, and monsters of all sorts.
>Soon enough, the distorted sounds of your breathing became preferable to your inventions that lurked around the corner.
>The sound of compass watch alarm grabs your attention.
>You look down to your arms, which rest on the M4 carbine slung around the front side of your body.
>A flashing blue light was barely visible behind the ash that piled up on your watch and arms.
>You give your arms a good shake, the ash slowly drifting to the ground to gather around your ankles that were hidden underneath the dust.
>Your watch says 1800 hours.
>You take a deep sigh, and take a look at your surroundings.
>Hundreds of dead, limbless, trees surround you.
>Some fallen, but most standing.
>To the right, near the edge of the fog, about 15 meters, is a man in a level B hazmat suit, inspecting the ground, and working with instruments.
>You shout out to him.
"Dr. De Paolo. The curfew's in an hour. We need to get going."
>>
>>34308641

>De Paolo springs up at the sound of your voice.
>"Oh good! I thought you were dead!"
>You respond with a sarcastic laugh.
"It gets funnier every time."
>"You know, if you keep still like that, I might confuse you for a rock and start chipping samples off of you."
>He makes himself erect, stretching out his arms and back, giving it a good popping.
>As he relieves some of the tension in his body, you shake the ashes from your boots, and walk over to him.
"So, what did we learn today?"
>"Well..."
>He pauses for a couple seconds before coming back to life.
>"Oh, I did find something really neat!"
>De Paolo plods through the ashes over to a small backpack laying next to his equipment.
>He digs trough the back pouch and pulls out a Ziploc bag with an angular gem with a reddish-brown hue.
>"Check this out!"
>You grab the package from him, and try to inspect it.
>"You know, you can take it out?"
>You do as he says, and play with the gem in your hands.
>You pull a flashlight out from a pouch in your plate carrier, and shine it at the translucent rock.
"Neat. Amber?"
>"Amber? No no no no no."
>>
>>34308650

>He takes the rock back, and places it in its bag.
>You take the opportunity to look at your compass watch, and get oriented.
>"It's brookite. It's a mineral that can be found inside veins of gneiss - or schist."
>He tucks the brookite back in his backpack, along with the rest of his equipment, and slings the bag over his shoulder with a grunt.
>You take the first couple steps in the general direction you need to go in, and De Paolo follows suit.
>"So, Anon. If brookite is found in gneiss and schist, what does that mean?"
>You try to think while maintaining a correct direction.
"Uh, well those are metamorphic rocks."
>"Yes?"
"Which means it was formed deep in the ground."
>"Uh huh..."
"And then?"
>"And then how did it get to our site?"
"A mountain probably pushed it up as it was forming."
>"Or?"
"Or a big-ass national park exploded and blew it over here."
>"Exactly!" he says, shaking his index finger, "You're learning pretty quickly."
>He takes a step closer to you, and pats you on the back.
>"Anon, you're a good kid. I'm proud of you."
>With those last words spoken, you and De Paolo spent the rest of the walk to base listening to the sounds of your own breathing, and ashen footsteps, ignoring the temptation to entertain your imaginations of what lurked just beyond your line of sight.
>>
>>34308662
Thoughts? Too boring?
>>
>>34308671
I think it works well to capture the more mundane portions of someones life.
>>
>>34308728
I'll take that as a compliment. If it's enjoyable, I'll continue on, and actually do something with it.
>>
1of?
The first few days were mostly normal beside the rush for the grocery stores and the hushed talk of fear and the growing ash cloud out west. Everyone for the most part showed up for work still, they kept calling me to come in and even threatened to fire me. I knew that none of this mattered anymore, and that I was working on borrowed time. By now most of my core group was on the same page, we were all into prepping, we just didn't do well in keeping supplies on hand, Nor did our plans ever account for the ash, something we would pay dearly for. Coordinating supplies to one location became my life in the few days before the great storm. We had a few places to choose from to set up shop, but in our rush, fear always biting at our heels we settled on the Isanti area with plenty of groundwater wells and wood and far from most people. We all pooled funds together to try and fill in the gaps in our supply, mostly food and water. Someone had the brilliant idea to go to those paycheck forwarding places to get extra cash while they were still operating, unfortunately cash was quickly becoming useless, hyper inflation hit about a week in, water went from 2-3$ a case to about 200-300$ in 6 days.
>>
One thing we had plenty of was guns and ammo, with about 60 Ak's of various types, and about 100 NATO chambered rifles and a smattering of hunting and civilian guns, not including handguns. Most of us had a few hundred to a few thousand rounds on hand, one of the group had spent the last few years reloading 5.56 and .308, I had help him prep cases sometimes, we would do 2-3k in a sitting. It took a while to catalog everything but we were sitting on about 387,000 rounds of various types. Someone had the ingenious idea to buy a bunch of G3 lowers when they were cheap, with a few modifications we had 5 converted hk type rifles with bi pods for interim LMG's. The reports said the ash storm was fast approaching, you could see the dark storm on the horizon. That's when the exodus started, hell knows no better name. 2 weeks after the eruption, the first ash started to fall, lightly at first.

The exodus from the Twin Cities and surrounding suburbs was some of the most violence anyone had seen, but nothing compaired to what we would see after the storm. Up untill that point both federal and local government was still trying to exist, both the national guard and police from all agencies. They suffered about a 40% desertion rate outright, hard to belive in duty when you have a family to worry about. More would bail as the storm approched, taking all that wasn't nailed down. I know the guard stayed at camp ripley, even after the storm, but now all you hear now is the stories of horrors and of the twisted men that reside around there.
>>
There were really rudimentary maps of ash fall being distributed both on what was left of the internet and over the few tv stations that were still running. The overall plan everyone who wasn't staying was head east, by any means necessary. Every road was clogged, by buses, cars, bikes of all kinds, tractors, semis with trailers full of people, atv's, and even some homemade contraptions. I saw a family heading north with sort of flatbed bicycle, with very little in terms of supplies or weapons strapped down. The gas was gone in hours, food and water had long disappeared before that. trash and cars strewn everywhere for miles, bodies left to rot on the sides of the road in yards and ruined cars. I heard stories of the column slowly lurching east, the screams of rapes, murder, and the sick and the dying were deafening. I was told it was like watching the physical embodiment of the four horseman riding, consuming all it touched, with dark ominous clouds growing in the sky behind it. Thankfully I only saw few of these wretched people fleeing the storm, traded with some, even took a doctor and his family in. We spent the days digging and firming up shelters for the ash, more family and friends of the group slowly streamed in, we were about 60 strong when the storm finally hit. I remember as the storm was coming in, the wind screaming still burning ash creating a red halo around the sun, lighting strikes deafeningly loud. Some as they looked out waiting with hope and fear for the last of their family to show up before the storm hit in earnest. We called it and battened down for the storm. That moment, before closing the cellar door was the last view I had of a normal world, of green grass and living trees. Soon replaced with a grey ashen hell, our new home.
>>
The first years were soul crushing. I lost many friends, and family. both to the ash, and to the human condition, the violence that occurred during those years I hope never will be repeated in our existence. My hands are far from clean, the blood of both guilty and innocent stain my hands a dull ashen grey, my soul filled with the blood of countless men, women and children. With 60+ folk, we had nowhere near enough supplies for the year, let alone the first few months of the ash storms. The only thing we had going for us is pure, raw firepower and violence. It started as scavenging and looting, then to stealing, then to raiding, then to outright war. You would think having less than 5,000 people in 100 mile radius could hardly be a war, especially given how small some of the groups were, but trust me, the savagery of starving, scared, and hurting humans have no bounds.

Eventually we lost our little fort, the land we worked so hard to clear. Some of the other groups banded together to get rid of us, then each other. It was the price for our sins. Only a handful of us made it out. we moved south, with nothing to lose, we escaped with our raid vehicles, mostly trucks and SUV's heavily modded for the ash covered wasteland. Lifted trucks, with large tires, armor welded in. No need to go fast, that only kicked up dust to warn potential prey, it also kept the huge modified air filters clean. We kept running off of what we raided as we rolled. A dull grey army of masked specters. At one point we hit a military museum with a sizable collection of arms, surprisingly most were in functional conditions, with only a few requiring real work to reactivate. Our trucks were outfitted with mg34's, maxim guns, 1919's and even one 60mm mortar. A real clusterfuck of belt-feds, and heavy weapons.
>>
Angry, filled with grief of our lost love ones and our home, we raided all the way down 65. Fat on our loot it didn't bother us that the closer we got to the large cities, the less people we encountered, it got so quiet. Seeing the sky scrapers standing out against the dark grey skies was like rolling up on a huge crypt, silent and dead. The ash here had hardly been disturbed. We made our way past The endless suburbs, most the buildings collapsed, cars filled with the dead. It was almost unrecognizable. We hopped over to 94, hoping to skip the winding and thin suburb roads. The ash had plied up here sometimes a meter or more. We saw our first "people" in Minneapolis, we almost didn't see them, they blended into the grey. They just stopped and stared as we passed, we only saw one or three at a time. We hit a roadblock on the 94 interchange, long abandoned, or so we thought. As we turned to get onto 55 they leaped out of the ash and started to charge the vehicles. They had knives, clubs, bows, and only a few firearms. They charged us without fear, and we cut them down.

Someone had the idea to set up in the old Fort Snelling, problem was it was occupied by ash wraiths as they would be come to be known. We thought these were no different than the feral ones we took out on 94. We dismounted and waited till dark, it was always unsettling how it could get darker than it was during the day. It was easy to breach the walls of the fort without drawing attention to us we hit them hard and fast, clearing most the fort with little resistance, these ones had firearms mostly bolt guns with shotguns scattered in. We only lost 3 people and was feeling pretty smart about our raid going off so successfully, that is until we got to the powder store. Inside we found children.
>>
That changed us. Knowing what we just did, killed so many, destroyed countless lives on the road. We took stock of the fort. Some of the buildings roofs had collapsed, and most of the standing structures weren't in very good condition either. It would take a lot of work to make that place really home. Soon we saw boats on the river going back and forth, small and large. We headed down to the launch and tried to trade with some of the passing ships, that's when we first heard of the Dakota Territory Defense Force and the Great Lakes Coalition, these were traders going down south to trade with some of the other factions. One thing lead to another and we became the the major trade hub for the river. Some have come and tried to take this from us, but we never gave them an inch.

We have ashlanders and scavs coming in from out west to trade what they find, and people from out east making treks into the ashlands, and people from down south to trade from Texas. It gives me hope for our future, and I can only hope the life we bring to this place can outweigh the death and destruction we brought.
>>
This is a message to all outlandfags

Stay the fuck out of the deep zone you fucking n'wahs, your faggoty scientists come to our homes every single day to take our shit for """research""" purposes and generally just fuck shit up. No you fucking s'wits, that wooden shed isn't a hastily constructed defense against the ash, it's the only shitter for miles that you assholes spend hours studying. And for the last fucking time no you cannot take a skin same from me, I swear to god I'm gonna chop off the arm of the next pink skin who comes at me with another needling saying "this may sting a bit."
Fuck you you fucking n'wah scum, stay the fuck out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfcT1kMXE4
>>
Alright I got one for Oregon
>eruption happens
>ash rains across the state
>Portland falls into chaos
>life goes on for non-portlanders who stay away from Portland, some actually make barricades to contain the feral millennials and trannies
>non-portlanders begin looking for an alternative to farmed crops since the land is fucked
>many begin emigrating elsewhere because of this
>some minor factions pop up here and there, still mostly peaceful
>except for the actually racist hill people in Eastern Oregon who sometimes raid the settlements of Western Oregon
We'd probably be the comfiest desu.
>>
File: IMG_20170617_051629.jpg (23KB, 1154x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170617_051629.jpg
23KB, 1154x678px
Ash Jumpers reporting in.
>>
File: p7wRSRI.png (1012KB, 2511x1155px) Image search: [Google]
p7wRSRI.png
1012KB, 2511x1155px
Just gonna carve this in, will be posting on the wikia soon
>>
File: 1497842819727.png (221KB, 1401x667px) Image search: [Google]
1497842819727.png
221KB, 1401x667px
>>34300030
I made edits to address people's problems.

(1/2)
> Post-eruption, much of the city is engulfed in rioting and looting.
> Police quickly overwhelmed.
> Local government quickly collapses; the Mayor goes into hiding.
> 5 DPEE, (days post-eruption)
> Fort Leonard Wood garrison along with the 102nd Ozark atempts to evacuate a large prtion of the population east under orders from FEMA
> Fort Leonard Wood has only a small force with the hopes of acting as a forward base for future relief efforts
> 10 DPE
> St. Louis County population is down to 430,000.
> Gangs start taking control of major areas.
> 30 DPE
> Two main groups come to take dominants in the region.
> The Cardinals, setting up in and around the old stadium mostly organized raiders all going under the same banner.
> The Ferguson Defense Force. small but fierce group with no strong territory but operating through much of the area, tendency to not take kindly to former police
> 72 DPE
> Scott air force base experiences a Coup by the enlisted Airman lead by 1st sgt. James Kart, after finding the Officers on base were treating the civilians inadequately refusing to permit any attempts to help
> When the dust stalled there were 200 Airman, 5 C-40 Clippers and several Humvees were under James Kart's command
>>
>>34309735
(2/2)
> 79 DPE
> The Scott Airman begin to lead small raids on local raider groups operating as "The Scotts".
> City of St. Louis Mayor comes out of hiding and brokers a deal with the Scott Airman to secure the county.
> 90 DPE
> The Scotts seize land from the Cardinals.
> The Ferguson Defense engages in major fighting with The Scotts.
> Fighting continues in stalemates for several months, mostly superficial victories back and forth with no major points captured or lost.
> 278 DPE
> The former government and the Scott Airman Form The Twin River Compact or TRC and declares the Mayor Governor for life.
> The TRC claims land as far south as the 38th parallel and all of Missouri north and as far east as Springfield Illinois, although they have no outpost more than 25 miles out of the county other than the odd patroll.
> The Ferguson Defense Force declares the TRC a dictatorship and engages in gorilla fighting through the city.

Any recommendations would be nice. If no one has any problems I will go ahead and add a page to the wiki
>>
File: af3jhvaf.png (261KB, 996x604px) Image search: [Google]
af3jhvaf.png
261KB, 996x604px
Newest Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/5NtjRjk

also map thoughts?
>>
>>34303553
Acadia
Essex Republic (ala Burr)
Something, something Columbia
>>
File: updateAshlands.png (263KB, 996x604px) Image search: [Google]
updateAshlands.png
263KB, 996x604px
>>34309753
Thank you for cutting back the ADF. Here is a quick render before work, can I get in on this on the East Coast? Home territory os the Deleware- Maryland- Virginia Peninsula, influence north to Philly and NJ, west towards DC and central Maryland where we run trade caravans through the Chesepeake and Ohio canal to trade with the ADF, and to the south we butt heads with Carolina out of our base at Pax River Naval Air Station I don't know how to add a faction to the wiki.
>>
>>34309596
what is that grey blob in the deep zone?
>>
>>34310081
I believe that is the ash jumpers
>>
File: absolutely based.jpg (70KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely based.jpg
70KB, 720x540px
>>34310058
>mfw Westylvania becomes a thing
>>
uh oh
>>
>>34310087
Who are the Ash Jumpers? Tribals or something? Don't see them on the wiki and only one reference in the thread
>>
>>34312094
I'm pretty sure they're raiders that migrate around the marked area
>>
>>34312094
I think they have a page under factions.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>34311492
I just wiki'd it. That's a good concept, but a retarded name.
>>
>>34312053
The earthquakes are a good sign. The problem is when it stops relieving pressure
>>
>>34312053
I hope this turns into something shits getting boring af irl.
>>
June 15, 2024:
We've finally arrived at the research base in Western Wyoming, my first view of the area coming only when the sealed van transporting me and a small team of ecologists, biologists, and geologists opened it's air tight doors.

The landscape is as horrid as it is fascinating, grey depressing dust covering all as far as the eye could see and trapping everything in time, even after seven years nature seemed to gain no purchase in this place, leaving virtually every mummified tree and every long abandoned building untouched. A stark contrast to the nearly pristine mobile research center in front of us, if the sun had any power in this place I believe the light reflecting off the thing would have been enough to blind us.

June 16, 2024:
The mobile research center provides some small comforts in this place, but even in the short night we've spent in this place a depression has taken hold of many. The idea of spending months in this oppressive, dull place weighs heavy on our minds, the bright lighting and comfortable, I believe it won't be very long at all before many of the individuals here request a transfer.
>>
>>34314513
June 17, 2024:
Our first assignment was given to us, me and a couple of the ecologists were to collect samples of the water and any potential animal life from a nearby stream. It was a task many of us were eager to carry out at first, anything to get us away from the boredom of this place, but our enthusiasm quickly disappeared when we discovered that some "locals" were hired to be our guides.
The Ash Jumpers, dreadful creatures, it's quite amazing what seven years in this place can do to a man. When I first looked upon them I honestly did not believe they were human, hunched men covered head to toe in old and worn out military hazmat suits wrapped in grey rags, the eyes visible under their mask lenses looking dead, the skin so sickly pale it nearly looked grey, and odd tribal looking jewelry made out of bizarre organic material.
As we moved through the moonscape with them we noticed many eccentricities, skittish and paranoid things they were, their eyes always darting about as their bodies constantly twitched, their leather gloves squeaking and straining against their rifles. They spoke clear English of course, but they seemed to develop many strange words that they threw around quite liberally, and any inquiry into their meaning was mostly ignored.
We reached the stream within a mere half hour, and finally we saw one part of this horrid land that hadn't been destroyed by the ash. The flowing water had long since cleaned itself of the ash, and now flowed as clean and pristine as you would have lived, even cleaning the rocks within it. We filled a great many vials with the water, and took a good sample of rocks, however plant or animal life seemed to be non-existent, not even so much as a worm seemed to exist in this place.

June 17, 2024:
The water and rocks revealed very little, a bit of bacterial life but ultimately the stream proved to be quite devoid of any significant findings, just a lot of water.
>>
>>34314521
June 18th, 2024:
The station is in a panic, half the researchers have already begun demanding a transfer and some have outright quit. At approximately 14:00 one of the teams sent out that day to investigate an odd hill came back, however only three members of the team of twelve returned, two of the Ash Jumper guards with a severely wounded Professor MacDonald over their shoulders. The wounds were unlike anything the medical team have every seen, and the biological professors were at a complete loss at what could have caused it.
A large chunk of her calf was missing, an almost perfectly clean circular cut of flesh and bone was just gone. The moment the medical team had stabilized the bleeding and she gained consciousness about three hours after she began demanding that she be taken out of the deep zone immediately. This is a woman who had nearly been attacked by lions on a research trip to Africa and still wanted to go back out, but she outright refused to even talk about what had attacked her.

The Ash Jumpers said "the crawlers were hungry..."
>>
>>34314533
June 19th, 2024:
I've terminated my contract and will be leaving this hell tomorrow, I don't even care that they won't pay me a cent, I just want to get out of here.
Already half the researchers were gone, taking one of the research vehicles and leaving in a frenzy after yesterdays events, what a fool I was for not going with them. The remaining few of us were tasked with an assignment to investigate one of the local towns buried under the ash, supposedly the radars had picked up large amounts of movement in the area and the company wanted a team out immediately. We went out with one of the few remaining research vehicles and arrived in under an hour. The Ash Jumpers were particularly on edge today, the butts of their rifles never leaving their shoulders and their fingers on their triggers at all times, how can such creatures survive in this place without losing their minds? We spent hours combing the surface for anything we could find, but as always there was nothing but ash, at one point a mummified dog had been found but otherwise the place was a graveyard.
Just as we were about to return to the vehicle one of the professors, Anderson, said he noticed movement in an alley way, and cautiously approached. When at the corner he peered in for a few brief seconds before letting out a yelp and turning to run, he never did, what looked like the talon of some massive insect quickly shot out, grabbed him, and pulled him away from us all. He only screamed for a few seconds before everything went quiet outside of a faint clicking noise.

None of us dared to rush in to help him, none of us harbored delusions that he could be saved, we ran back to the research vehicles without looking back and made our way back to the research station.

I will never return to this place.
>>
>>34302550
It seems to be mostly focused around humans that either mutated genetically or changed so much behaviorally that they're entirely different cultures
>ash people
/k/-esque mutants like skinwalkers are present, but only in the deep zone. Outside the Deep Zone are the humans that are so beyond fucked up they might as well be a different species.
>>
>>34302550
Deep zone seems to have plenty of mutants, skin walkers, giant Morrowind-esque bugs, tribals, etc.

Everything outside of that seems to just be raiders and shit.
>>
>>34314613
>>34314642
Any deep zone greens? I'm doing one, but if it's been done, I could use them as references
>>
>>34314683
Just a few posts up is a short deep zone story
>>
I want to see some dead zone fluff that isn't "everythings dead"
>>
This audio log is an archived recording of a CSF officer, stored in the database of the head CSF stronghold, Fort Twain.

Recording One

"H-hello? This is Officer John Kenley of the Castramentation of Saint Francois ranger force. I was uh, chosen to be one of the few who carried audio logs to record the daily life in the ashen wastes. We're located in the southeast corned of what used to be Missouri. I will take this audio log, and effectively, whoever is listening on patrols with me. Officer Kenley, signing off.
>>
>>34314798
What do you mean?
>>
>>34314798
It's the dead zone anon, the whole idea is that "nothing can survive here"
>>
>>34314872
eh, forget it, I was being retarded as >>34314891 pointed out

give us more deep zone stuff instead
>>
Has anyone been collecting the Writefaggotry from the threads at large other than 4archive? If not we should probably start copping to the wiki if for nothing else for the ease of reading.
>>
>>34314937
Yeah, deep zone seems to be a fairly unexplored area for some reason.
>>
What's up with the rest of the world in this setting?
>>
>>34315471
temps are a bit colder, mostly getting fucked because of the US collapse
>>
>>34315471
Power vacuum
>>
>be me
>cavalryman in this glorious Carolinian Confederacy
>can't cross the mountains to go fuck ashbabes because its too far and ash bessts live in the mountains
>hire hookers to roll themselves in the ash
>they all refuse
>they tell the rest of my unit
>nobody talks to me anymore
FML
>>
>>34315471
A large chunk of Canada would be ashlands, BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan firmly in the inner ashlands with most everything else outside of the northern provinces, Quebec, and a small part of Ontario in the outer ashlands.

Everything south of the border and across the ocean would be basically untouched by the eruption.
>>
>Be a farmer from
>Waiting on lake michigan in St joseph for the goose to fly in so I can sell my potatoes in fort yates
>They won't let horses on without extra tickets so I have to drag the wagon myself
>The entire flight is cold and my feet hurt from dragging the wagon
>When we land in Fort yates some ashnigger throws a molotov on the goose's wing
>Have to wait 3 weeks for another plane to arrive
I didn't even sell any potatoes
>>
Anybody have any idea how far along we should be setting a story?

Also, any word on the outside of the world? Or does the US just not care. I've been thinking about making a story about a group of foreign mercs that go in the deep zone to loot... something.
>>
So, I have some writefaggotry, but it's over 1500 words long and not terribly exciting. Anybody interested in a long winded series, of which this would be the first part?
>>
>>34317013
I would. if its super long you might want to go make a page for it on the wiki.
>>
>>34317013
What's the premise?
>>
If anyone wants to war writefaggery for the gulf republic keep in mind that florida is reverse siberia in the form of fuck you if you try to invade during the summer
Not sure how this would change with the eruption though
>>
>>34317013
Dude, 1,500 words is not a lot. That's like 15-20 minutes of reading
>>
File: Lock.60.Sit_.p.87..jpg (358KB, 876x389px) Image search: [Google]
Lock.60.Sit_.p.87..jpg
358KB, 876x389px
>>34317060
A transcontinental journey of a small not-quite special forces team traveling from the east coast to the mountains of new mexico and a mysterious objective. In reality, I just want to practice my fiction writing.
>>
>>34317131
Neat, do a wiki page.
>>
>>34297626
So what's happening on the border? I bet that's a fucking mad house right now. Has anyone done green on that?
>>
>>34297626
Just wondering why Canada and Beanerplanet haven't been added to the map. I had a fairly ok idea for a trapped Canadian research team. That and absolute collapse of central and South america
>>
As a floridian, i am interested in the culture of the gulf republic

Also,has any disputes occurred because of the boarder with the confeds?
>>
>>34317202
>>34316945
I'm guessing the main reason no one has brought up foreign nations so far is due to the increased complexity with the amount of area we are writing off of right now things are already walking a fine line of turning into a jumbled mess.
>>
File: FNC M3 AR.png (15KB, 834x458px) Image search: [Google]
FNC M3 AR.png
15KB, 834x458px
The FNC's Springfield M3A1 Assault Rifle is finished!

>>34317131
I'd be interested in reading about it
>>
>>34317267
>Dusty, light ash fucking everywhere
>Strong winds means ash storms are gonna cover absolutely everything
>That massive opening in the receiver
Shieeet mang, that thing is gonna jam like a motherfucker.
>>
File: sterling .308.jpg (50KB, 1100x502px) Image search: [Google]
sterling .308.jpg
50KB, 1100x502px
>>34317308
The M3 was intended for use in the relatively ash-free Clear Zone by the New England based Federation of New Columbia.

Hindsight's a bitch.
>>
>>34307282
I think it would be more likely that Springfield and the Ozarks would form a faction. As that area has massive stockpiles of food and weapons
>>
>>34317261
So when somebody has some free time, draw up the map with Canada and rest of the Americas and have them have their own respecting pages.
>Ashlands 2: Canada and other friendly northern neighbors.
>Ashlands 3: The collapse of an already collapsed society.
>>
>>34316945
Get out of here Ash-Wanderer
>>
File: 1493786063983.jpg (75KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1493786063983.jpg
75KB, 630x630px
>ywn shoot ashhogs with your AR-10 while riding on your horse

Why even live
>>
I tried adding my writefaggotry to the wiki, I got this error when I tried to save it
>The modification you tried to make was aborted by an extension hook
Any ideas?
>>
>>34317504
Try making the blank page with a title and publishing first then go back and edit wikia sometimes flips shit if you add too much when creating a page.
>>
>>34297626
wish i could find my great lakes coalition flags.....
>>
File: GudSeason4Crops.jpg (79KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
GudSeason4Crops.jpg
79KB, 500x466px
>Be me.
>Be potato fag.
>Yellowstone soon, fellow Farmer.
>Survive because pubic hairs edge of deep zone and good terrain.
>Return home years later.
>Nothing. Just an ocean of grey desolation.
>Dig.
>MFW it's taters all the way down.
>>
Besides the ash, what other geologic events would follow after the explosion? Would there be more earthquakes? Would the sea level change, or cause tsunamis and shit?
>>
>>34318171
all the volcanoes
>>
>>34318171
The initial eruption would indeed cause an earth quake, destroying a lot of property, and the ash would kill a ton of animal life, this could in turn lead to an increase in plant life actually, so overgrowth would be a really big deal, combine this with potential forest fires that would cause healthy, nutritious ash to get mixed into the soil and you're going to have some serious forest growth in the inner ashlands, made even worse considering most humans would get the fuck out of there and basically just leave it to grow. Animal life would eventually repopulate itself through just breeding or eventually immigration of outer ashland animals into the area after its calmed down a bit. Shit would have a ton of untamed wilderness.
The outer ashlands wouldn't suffer anywhere near as much as the inner ashlands, the ash clouds could block out the sky for a few weeks or maybe even a few months and ash falls would happen fairly consistently but ultimately once that was done shit would go back to normal fairly quick (not counting politics and economy of course), might look a bit greyer.

Sea levels and tsunamies would stay basically the same, and any changes to any cross ocean nations would be purely political and economic since one of the worlds biggest trade giants has completely gone to shit.

>What about the deep zone anon?
Lava, giant man eating bugs, possible skinwalkers, mutant tribals, shits fucked yo.
>>
Just keeping the thread alive
>>
>>34317599
No dice
>>
>>34317776
POTATOES
O
T
A
T
O
E
S
>>
>>34320072
Aww fuck, I forgot to space it, damn it's early.
>>
"Good morning," said the Sun.
"Good morning," I said back, "I wish I could see you."
"Ah," he replied, "I see the Earth has tucked you in with a large grey blanket. I hope she is keeping you warm, just like I have."
"It is very cold," I told him.
"No matter. I shall come back tomorrow!"
"Please do. That would make me so happy."
>>
File: IMG_2110.jpg (27KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2110.jpg
27KB, 700x479px
>>34297626
>science and logic are thrown out
Do you know what rhymes with ash?
>>
>>34322325
It should say some, not all. Because skinwalkers in shiet
>>
>>34317202
I doubt Mexico would collapse. Unless Mexico is more dependent on America fighting the cartels than I thought
>>
https://pastebin.com/jfrxeKvd

I tried my hand at writing something small. Hope you enjoy.
>>
>>34323727
Neat.
>>
>>34323727
Not bad, but one question: if the guy had just caught a glimpse of the sky, presumably not long after the initial explosion, then why does he think there's very little chance of him, or his kids, seeing the sun in their lifetime?
>>
>>34324161
I intended it as a one-off event, and maybe in his half-starved, tired state he wasn't thinking properly.

Or maybe I've been reading too much metro and didn't think it through properly. Thanks for the critique though.
>>
>>34317354
Not to mention Springfield underground, and also the acid tunnels.
>>
Guy with the long winded series here, part one is on pastebin since wikia is awful

https://pastebin.com/bJzvTb08
>>
>>34324217
The acid tunnels are pretty fun. I usually go in them during minor rain storms so there are no meth heads down there or "vampires".
>>
>>34324380
Why is vampires in quotations? Are there people that hang out down there and larp as vampires?
>>
>>34324217
>>34324380
>acid tunnels
I've lived in the Springfield are for over 20 years, and this is the first time I've heard of the acid tunnels
>>34324414
Yeah, some years back a group of people thought they were vampires. I don't know the whole story, but they were part of a dude getting stabbed.
>>
>>34324444
There are a few entrances. One is just north of the new bus station downtown. Across from where they always have that stupid "haunted house"
>>
File: 380208130_4cdd790ae0_b.jpg (313KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
380208130_4cdd790ae0_b.jpg
313KB, 1024x768px
>>34324414
Yes suppose to be some vampire queen down there but I haven't heard much about it recently.
>>34324444
They are just the over-sized drainage tunnels that run all under Springfield. One of the entrances is across from the hotel of terror.
>>
>>34324444
>>34324494
Does STALKER General know about these drains? Think of the greentexts that could come out of our Slavic larpers running into a coven of vampfags
>>
>>34324474
>>34324494
Whelp. Now I'm interested, though there's probably nothing exciting down there.
>>34324537
Aaaaaaand now I have a reason to go.
>>
>>34324544
>RIP everyone involved's eardrums
>>
>>34324544
I mean, people live there, if you go far enough in. If there's a lantern/light at a tunnel entrance and it isn't lit, do NOT go in there.
>>
>>34324544
go on a rainy day and wear rubber boots it can get decently mildly deep maybe shin high. Last two times I went I didn't run into anyone but I could hear people running in the distance. Though on a rainy day you shouldn't have any trouble with homeless or druggies.
>>
>>34324616
>>34324625
Holy fuck that sounds intense. I have never wanted to run around a tunnel with an AK pistol so much in my life. Too bad it's so far away.
>>
>>34324625
I'm honestly pretty happy to meet another /k/ommando from my area, in an ashlands thread no less.
>>
>>34324616
>>34324625
Are the tunnels any concern to the police?
>>
>>34324698
There are a ton of /k/ommandos in this area and that is just one of the many reasons I love this area.
>>34324700
Not that I have heard of but I can ask my cop buddy and see if he has any stories about it. I know they are trying to crack down on the homeless camps but not sure if they also hit the ones underground.
>>
>>34324700
No. Sometimes people run in there, but they are usually caught before that point. A member of my family was law enforcement for many years here.
>>
>>34324250
hey i just dumped it on the wiki do you want me to credit it to the name on pastebin
>>
>>34324785
Yeah, that's the same name on my wikia as well. Thanks man!
If only I could get a faction page, then I'd be in business.
>>
Does anyone mind if I develop the areas of south eastern Pennsylvania, DC,central Maryland, and the ADF as I see fit in the upcoming parts of my writings? We don't have to treat it as canon, of course.
>>
>>34324853
http://ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/Lighting_the_Way
>>
>>34324892
I'm not doing anything there, so I don't have any objection to it
>>
>>34324892
Go for it!
>>
>>34327068
In due time my friend. I'm just doing a story board right now, wanted to see if I was stepping on any toes before I committed to it. A short story is the last thing I need bouncing around in my head right now with all of the shit at my job, oh well, use it or lose it.
>>
>>34327441
I await it eagerly.

Will you be developing a new faction or factions?
>>
>>34324537
It would be a Bloodsucker fight lol. Bring the FLIR!
>>
>>34323727
I'm going through and dumping every story on the wiki i created your name on pastebin.
>>
File: 6t2eq6bh2y8x.jpg (112KB, 1183x741px) Image search: [Google]
6t2eq6bh2y8x.jpg
112KB, 1183x741px
>>34297626
>>34298305
Btw there is a 1d4chan wiki page for Ashlands for those who care.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ashlands:_A_/k/_Role-Playing_Game
>>
>>34328454
Do you happen to know the story behind that pic?
>>
>>34327454
My faction, Delmarva, has yet to be legitimatized since I can't figure out the damn wiki error that keeps me from adding pages, but I won't be adding any others though, those areas I asked about are going to be unorganized mean landscapes, each with their own unique flavor.
>>
page 10 bump.
>>
I went through and dumped and edited all of the Writefaggotry from the past 10 archives onto the wiki to make it easier to read if anyone wants to check it out. http://ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Writefaggotry
>>
File: 9a6.jpg (22KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
9a6.jpg
22KB, 398x500px
>>34335197
One of the writefags here: thanks.
>>
File: Yellowstone_WIP_3.png (51KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
Yellowstone_WIP_3.png
51KB, 500x652px
>>34297626
Patch faggot here, working on a yellow stone patch- thoughts>?
>>
>>34335654
I like the idea, but my autism has to point out: there are no volcanoes there. Yellowstone is a massive fucking caldera.
>>
File: 1489957956974.jpg (40KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1489957956974.jpg
40KB, 461x523px
>>34335688
I-I-I-I fucking know that- but there's literally no way to make a fun meme patch of a fucking caldera and still have it looking good.
>>
>>34335197
You are an exceptional gentleman.
>>
>>34328800
Finnish troops probably launching bombs/mollies. Fitting for war in the ashlands.
>>
>>34336746
I once beat the tar out of a Finn in a fistfight
>Seymour Hiyha btfo
>>
I'm in like Flynn. New faction finally added: DMVC. Pls get me on that new map.
>>
>>34297626
Sage you homosexuals
>>
>>34335654
Looks good, but in ashlands you are legit writing about the devils asshole, the deadzone.
>>
File: 123432141324.jpg (102KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
123432141324.jpg
102KB, 1024x1024px
>>34337833
You could make the argument that the dead zone is visible from some parts of the deep zone on days where the ashfall isn't too heavy.
>>
>>34337860
You'd have to get up in the mountains. It's not the ash that would obstruct it so much as it would be the lack of elevation
>>
How far would radiation leak? I mean, a lot of those plants aren't going to be maintained and monitored
>>
>>34341794
There aren't any nuke plants within the immediate zone of destruction, and honestly, there are probably contingencies in place to shut them down in case something like this happens. Remaining American government right after the eruption would be able to facilitate those contingencies in time, depending on how far the ash is carried by the wind.
>>
So I really have yet to look but wouldn't Texas be fighting with Mexico alot due to the southern part being fairly untouched? I could really imagine Texas being a lone standing opposition to a greedy and desperate Mexico trying to grab as much land as possible.
>>
File: Mexique_volcans_15_janv_13.png (28KB, 718x455px) Image search: [Google]
Mexique_volcans_15_janv_13.png
28KB, 718x455px
>Eruption causes volcanoes globally to erupt.

>Mexican military and Government shift Drug war focus to provide assistance
>Sudden crisis and relief of military preassure give Cartels more momentum
>Cartel establish stronger control in northern Mexico

>Sinaloa and Gulf cartel fall under one banner(Grupo Salvacion)

>Zetas and Juarez fall under one banner

(Soldados Del Nuevo Mundo=SNM)

>Other Cartels stay independent as more criminal factions come to fruition

>Mexico government after several failed attempts to recapture north side declares Mexico divided at the 21st parallel.

>The state of Baja California/Baja California South and Zacatecas are warzones due to all factions fighting for them.

>Grupo Salvacion turns to trade and manufacturing of knock off pharmaceuticals. A unnofficial trade begins with LFS.

>SNM begins engaging Mojave Union forces at border.

>Reports of SNM forces using high doses of narcotics to suppress pain in combat

>Unconfirmed Reports of Texas Rangers training Salvation troops in Nuevo Leon

>Rumors of SNM building a fleet of small 5 man submersibles

(All I got so far ) in fleshing out more stuff but wanted to see what y'all thought.
>>
what's the US power vacuum doing to the rest of the world now?
>>
>>34344528
>not Merica
why bother.
>>
>>34344528
The shit's hit the fan everywhere, or at least that's the general acknowledgement.

Ashlands is supposed to focus on the US and immediate surrounding areas.
>>
>>34344473
I like it. Though I'm a bong and know little of US/ Mexico stuff so how realistic it is I couldn't say.
>>
>>34344473
>not forming a neo-mayan empire
>>
Was there ever a consensus on what happened to Canada?

Is it just a lawless wasteland?
>>
17 Sept
Well, there ain't no elegant way of writing this, but yellowstone - this funny little forest-type place way up north - just blew up today. Me and my granddaddy (my pa died ten years ago, and ma didn't last long after, so my granddaddy been raising me since) was listening to the radio when the news-man come on all nervous and tells us what I'm tellin you now, and as he's talkin my granddaddy turns to me and says:
"You know I can't write properly now, and I can't too well keep up with what's going on about the place- so I'm gonna ask you to write down everything that goes on with this yellowstone place, you understand? Just write it all down and read it out to me fair often, afore I go to bed each night.
I said sure thing, told him I'd even get out my special notepad and pencil to write it down all neat

Tobe honest, I ain't so worried about this whole situation. Yellowstone's a long way away, and I don't reckon we'll see anything more than a tremor.
>>
>>34342983
I've been wondering about that myself. I'd imagine cartels would be nutting up and trying to establish themselves in Texas and other border states
>>
File: fallinblockpistol.jpg (52KB, 700x345px) Image search: [Google]
fallinblockpistol.jpg
52KB, 700x345px
>>34346940
Do they turn into a legion of horribles like the Apache bands of old, a run and gun war across the wastes with the Texas Rangers. Will saddle pistols make a comeback? God I can only hope so, pic VERY related.
>>
>>34347180
Given how easily falling block weapons are to produce, and how tolerant of shit ammunition they are, I could see saddle pistols making a bit of a comeback.

Of course Sten and Luty clones are probably common enough in the Ashlands, so you better carry a brace of the things or risk being outgunned.
>>
>>34349168
>Basement manufactured submachine gun clones
Jam on it
>>
File: 1497408872329.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497408872329.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>34297626
>Ashlands
>A world where ACU camo is the best
WAKE ME UP!
>>
File: 7039342959_f9b8af212e_b.jpg (114KB, 700x474px) Image search: [Google]
7039342959_f9b8af212e_b.jpg
114KB, 700x474px
>>34351920
Na homes, we rock AshPat innazone
>>
File: Dixie.png (319KB, 625x395px) Image search: [Google]
Dixie.png
319KB, 625x395px
Defecting to Carolina, coolest flag.
>>
>>34297626

>Republic of New York

*People's Republic
>>
>>34351920
Not wanting delicious, delicious tigerstripe.
>>34303815
>>34308025
>>
>>34347180
>Falling blocks, Apaches, Texans
ADOBE WALLS 2?
>>
>>34352809
Wouldn't this be Adobe Walls 3? 1 was with Kit Carson. 2 was with Billy Dixon shooting a guy at nearly a mile.
>>
>>34352577
They ditched the Stars and Bars after the church shooting in Charleston. Stars and Stripes outnumber them by at least 10 to 1.
>>
>>34353089
>Flying the flag of the federal gummint
wew fucking lad
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.