[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here Eagle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 12

File: eaglescout.png (17KB, 191x212px) Image search: [Google]
eaglescout.png
17KB, 191x212px
It's where I learned to shoot. Anyone else?
>>
>>34057814
Made Eagle 2015. I get all sad+kinda angry inside when I think of the current state of my troop and the organization as a whole. Eagle looks good on resumes.

Learned to shoot at summer camp, which led to a venturing group that just did shooting, which led to being on my state hi-power youth CMP team.
>>
Was awarded my Eagle in August 2013 and got left my troop shortly thereafter (for college, at least). As much as I appreciate my Eagle, and I do, I value my time as a scout camp counselor 10x more. That was the kind of scouting experience you read about in the books. My best friend on staff just got promoted to program director seven years after we first started, and I couldn't be happier for the guy
>>
>>34057814
>went through chitheads
So, how ARE your safety scissors and glue stick skills?
Do you have any tips on achieving the ethnic/sexual diversity patch?
Should I opt for anal or oral?

Who here went /rogue/, dropped out, and learned shit tons of more useful and manly skills like shooting, welding, blacksmithing, general camping shit, and medical care (to list a few)

Cub scouts was so much fun, and then they drop THIS shit on you.
>>
>>34059903
What specifically did you take issue with?
>>
>>34057814
Barely made it as I turned 18.
>>
>>34059960
Gays In my troop kept harassing the other guys (i was included in that group that was harassed) later in my "scouting experience"

That coupled with the fact that I literally kept going in order to learn how to shoot (my "Dad" was a slack jawed faggot who hated me) and never got to learn because "lolgunsrbadguize"
And the fact that we pretty much never got to use big person scissors (at least that was what we jokingly referred to them as) and still got supervised like fuckin' 6 year olds.

I can go on, but I can feel my blood boiling and I'll literally be here all night bitching and I have a shift at 10:45 tomorrow.
The only fun thing that came out of boyscouts was Egyptian Rat Screw.
Fuck the rest of that shit.
>>
>>34060033
I'm sorry anon, it sounds like you got a really shitty troop. I had problems with my hippie libshit dad too and scouting helped me get away from his more negative influences and understand the value of discipline, morals, etc. Can you explain what happened exactly with the gay kids? Also in our troop the card game was Mao or Munchkin when someone had a set of cards.
>>
>>34060062
A bunch of the Christian kids got a nice lengthy lecture on masturbation earlier than they wanted to (for fucks sake, eleven year olds?)
On the other hand I got followed like I had a heard of lost puppies by a flamboyantly gay guy who seemed to have a thing for sexual humor regarding him fucking me (he also had a thing for bdsm thinking on it)
Several of my buddies wound up having the same guy follow them after we each left. There were a few others who caused similar problems after I left but I left fairly early on thankfully.
It fucked up a less sexually mature me.
That coupled with a fad that wouldn't acknowledge my existence except to berate me led to a pretty miserable time in my life.

I'll admit I probably superimpose the villainy of my father into the fairly shitty to begin with background of my troop but to be fair it was shitty to begin with because of the liberal 1984 moms who seemed to run the place.

Yes I'm assblasted that someone else enjoyed BS and I didn't.
>>
>>34057814
Eagle here, went to 2010 and 2013 jambo. 2010 was awesome because lolmilitary and they had good infrastructure. 2013 was cool because I got to shoot pistols and something larger than a .22 that wasn't a scattergat (They had .223 and .308s). My troop was pretty awesome, especially my patrol which was the patrol for the hopelessly geeky.
Man, now I want to go camping again.
>>
>>34060257
Oh, also fuck Obama for stiffing the scouts an appearance twice. Especially 2010 which was on a military base for fucks' sake.
>>
>>34060033
>Egyptian Rat Screw

Sheeeeeit I remember that.
>>
>>34060257
2013 Jambo. Good times. Jurassic Park patch set from a council that didn't exist. Overloading the suspension bridge and re-enacting the Tacoma Narrows disaster. Hearing Mike Rowe speak. Giant zipline. My lil bro is going this year, I hope he has a good time. I've basically decided to give up on scouts based on the direction the org is going and total collapse of my local troop and my council not giving a shit about anything anymore. Sad to see. We need to start a new org that is true to Lord Powell's vision.
>>
>>34060128
Christ anon that sounds terrible. You were robbed of a good experience. Are you saying a gay adult leader was harassing scouts? Also what does
>That coupled with a fad that wouldn't acknowledge my existence except to berate me led to a pretty miserable time in my life.
mean?
>>
>>34060355
*Dad.
That's what I meant.
Not Fad.
And it wasn't an adult leader.
It was several of the (slightly) older guys who were still scouts but not quite adult leaders.
The men were lazy fucks akin to a cartoon depiction and the women were like fucking nazis about how everything had to be "safe" but they still fucked up when it really mattered.
>>
>>34060332
Ditto. I blame the mormons.
I didn't hear about the suspension bridge, prolly because I spent most of my time at the range. Fuck that stupid annoying grade.
Did the dysentery camp warnings make it over to you?
>>
>>34060257

Eagle here, I was at the 2010 one as well. Scouts taught me a bunch of valuable lessons but my troop was run by a bunch of ex military guys so I had a different experience than most people probably had.
>Hey kid wanna shoot some guns
>C-councilor were only allowed to shoot .22
>bullshit have a sks
>>
>>34057814

>sign up for scouts because campin n shit FUCK YEAH!
>troop meets at auto mechanic shop that the leader owns and his 2 sons are in the troop
>do all kinds of shit for badges
>never get badges
>find out late he was saying we would get badges for things like changing tires, changing oil and all kinds of other bullshit he had us doing
>lol child labor
>fuck this shit

Was out after my first year and just went camping with friends and my dad.

>fast forward to last few years of high school
>helping out at summer camp i went to when i was younger
>was told group of scouts were coming and they dident want the scouts to cut wood and get hurt and sue so they had me do it because they knew i was not retarded
>choppin wood
>imalumberjackandimok.png
>scout that looks like he is about 15 comes up to me
>built like a twig
>asks me if i have my wood cutting / splitting or axe saftey badge or something stupid like that
>lolno
>well i cant let you continue. ill have to take over as i have the proper badges to do this!
>whatever i could use a breather anyway.
>looks like its all he can do to get the axe over his head
>dose not swing correctly
>dry as hell wood did not split, axe head dident even dig in.
>axe bounces off and he looses his balance and falls
>lose my shit and bust up laughing
>he is fighting back tears
>grab axe and get back to splittin

Even that was over 10 years ago. no way in hell im i putting my son in the modern progressive scouts of todays world.
>>
>>34060563

also yes i know i had a shit troop leader.

and yes eagle looks really good on a resume.

If you can find a good troop leader or put up with all the pussified scout bullshit then go for it.
>>
>>34060563
>Monty python quotes
>scouts
>chopping wood
John?
No, scratch that; did you have a kid in your troop nicknamed chuckles who was like a midget Arnold scharzenegger?
>>
>>34060563
Just find a good troop desu. We would set up an axe yard and start putting a lumber yard to shame to create a fire that would touch god.
>>34060554
Dang, best we had was one of the scout leaders brought his 10/22 and let us put five or so in the mag.
>>
>>34057814
First class here. Then I discovered that girls like boys who play soccer.

Liked scouting, loved the poonanny.

Also, my troop was filled with shitbird buddyfuckers.
>>
>>34060612

sorry no.

>>34060616

>create a fire that would touch god.

Fun story!

This one time when i was younger (like middle school i want to say) one of my christfag friends wanted me to come to his church camp. we were put in charge of the bonfire.

Turns out having a fuck huge fire with a giant ass cross in the middle of it upsets a lot of people when you light it all on fire.

And then we were both given a history lesson.
>>
>>34060393
Lucky for us, the Mormons just quit scouting.
>>
>>34060657
(cont.)
went through cubs, Weebs, great times, learned/did a buncha innawoods stuff, including shootin' arrowin', knifing - even bringing knives to school if in uniform.

Boy scouts, year 1: bit of good natured hazing from leadership patrol (motto was: Shut up and do it!) but actually gave a shit about passing along skills, merit badge mentoring etc.
Year 2: Original leadership patrol now infected with bullies using their authority to make everyone their bitches.
Year 3: Nothing is fun, morale is nonexistent, 17 year old member of leadership patrol cold cocked a 12 year old in a meeting in front of everyone, his dad was Scoutmaster, nothing happened.

I was figuring out that my dingus needed a different friend than my hand, and that not all the cheerleaders were hanging out at just football practice, but also at our soccer practices, and that some of them weren't laughing at me but flirting giggling.

so, fuck that sausage fest of abuse in scouts. I may not be the sharpest crayon, but I'm not utterly retarded.

thank you, penis. you always looked out for me.
>>
>>34060810
Good on you anon.
I'm still not sure even at my age that I can tell when a chick isn't flirting versus laughing at me.

And that's with eleven fuckin' years of soccer (okay, AYSO mostly) under my belt)
>>
>>34060837
to be fair, I was 15. Believe me, had it been just a year earlier, I would've run away at the sight of a bra strap. I had lots of female friends before, I just didn't figure out that they they were just as horny until later.

Teenagers are retarded by definition.

Oh, and I'm no fucking Casanova, but the ones who cover their mouth while laughing at/near you is GTG.

So yeah, if you have a good troop, scouting is kickass for a while, doesn't look bad on your first resume, but fuck if I'd ever let my kid deal with 1 minute of some of the unwarranted sideways bullshit I had at the end (I'm talking about an occasional quick dunking in the ol' swimmin' hole vs. having fist sized rocks winged at you from shore)
>>
File: 14866518373640.jpg (43KB, 390x369px) Image search: [Google]
14866518373640.jpg
43KB, 390x369px
>>34057814
I'm an Eagle. Got it 2016. In all honesty, I got to shoot off some of the fun stuff that other dads had on trips, but I more or less taught myself to shoot (thou my dad did give me some pointers). As much as I'd like to deny it, airsoft taught me to shoot basic before I held an actual gat.

Funny, coming to think of it, I'm probably the last guy you'd expect to get an Eagle. I'm just some hapa kid who's lived in bumblefuck nowhere for most of his life, with no social life outside of church and family. But I'm ok with that I guess.
>>
I never made eagle, actually I didn't even make it past the 2nd rank whatever that was called. But I wish I stayed in. At the time boy scouts wasn't the "cool" thing to do so I quit going.
I have very good memories of it though, and I think I can safely say the scouts are what made me join the Navy. We took a trip to a Navy base where we slept in a barracks, got to ride on a landing craft, toured all kinds of cool navy stuff like a hangar where they were working on fighters. And of course they let us shoot (blanks) on full auto an M16, AK, and M60.

The only real downside I can remember is we had this one "special" kid who we always had to pretend to like so he could fit in. This guy just made everything uncomfortable. For example one night he decided to get out of his tent, butt ass naked, walk about 10 feet away and shit on the ground like a fucking animal for the entire troop to see.
>>
Cool posts, guys.

I did Boys State in highschool.

No way my helicopter mom would let me do scouts, I barely was about to go play baseball.

Then again maybe I missed out on some rape.
>>
>tfw never got to boyscouts
>tfw cubscout pack fell apart after like three years, with the last year basically being us fucking around in the local armory building or whatever the fuck it was we were renting from the city, and I was the only one who ever ended up actually doing anything from the little book we got
Did I miss out on fun shootan times, /k/? Was Boy scouts something I should've tried to do?
>>
>>34057814
That moment I realize I got eagle 16 years ago, gays were degenerate lepers and treated accordingly, and went on to teach rifle shotgun and archery merit badges at a scout camp on the Chesapeake ........... has it gotten bad since I left in 06?
>>
>>34060554
Not at all how I am looking to run any troop I work with if I get back into it nope not at all. Here kids time to learn of our shared heritage this is a lee enfield
>>
I got Eagle in 2016
>>34060393
Ditto, the Jamboree in 2013 was fantastic, unfortunately it was understaffed because of the crap the volunteers were given. Did you go to the trap range? It was the most ideal setup I've seen. Also, mormons..?
>>
>>34062364
There was a Penn and Teller Bullshit episode on it. Essentially, with no youth group program of their own, the mormons hijacked the BSA and steered it into the bible-thumping organization it is now. The OG scouts never mentioned religion, except that those who were should keep up their karma and those who weren't shouldn't be asses about it. All this no-gays and you better be religious came later.
>>
>>34057814
Didn't make eagle, owed to moving around. I got to life, though.

It's also where I learned to shoot.
>>
>>34060033
>bullied by gay boyscouts
That's fucking wild.
>>
>>34057814
There were no parent volunteers in my troop the year I was transferring from cub to boy, so I never got the chance.
Had to stick with a hack Tae Kwon Do place for twelve years that didn't let me spar/use decent bostaffs, I'm really upset I missed the opportunity.
>>
>>34057814
Eagle Reporting in
Puyallup Wa.
Bill depends on what your definition of is,is Clinton signed mine.
>>
>>34062926
>clinton
Crap, mine too. I never really looked at the card before.
>>
File: ocelot.jpg (188KB, 1422x1152px) Image search: [Google]
ocelot.jpg
188KB, 1422x1152px
Got Eagle in 2013.

Had a fucking blast when ever I went winter camping, because the range officer who was in charge in the summer came out with all of the shit that you can't shoot at an official event.

Dude let us shoot his mosin, GP100, glock 17, mossberg 500, and what ever he happened to grab and throw in his truck that year when he came out.

Good times.

I need to go hiking again, I miss it.
>>
>>34060563
Just look around for a not shit troop if you can. I just got out of a scout troop in an area full of liberals (I think 97% voted Hillary in the county) and it was a haven of conservatism, but they didn't shove it in your face. Best thing I've committed 8 years to ever. Learned all sorts of skills, and you had to learn them. It wasn't one of those bullshit troops where everyone gets eagle at 14. You had to work for that shit and it taught me a lot about responsibility and leadership.
>>
>>34062271
Not really, so long as you don't have any left leaning scout masters or troops located anywhere near the cities.
>>
>>34060702
>And then we were both given a history lesson.

You learned that tying a noose has actual purposes?
>>
>>34062271
>scout camp on the Chesapeake
Fuck off Rodney
>>
Scouting was the reason I even found my local gunrange, thanks to it and also someone there noticing that I shot decently allowed me into their junior program shooting .22 NRA competition
>>
>>34063355
Geez did someone have to go to Rodney because their parents wouldn't spring for philmont or seabase
>>
>>34057814
I actually just made it, and yes, I am 18. It's not where I learned to shoot, but my marksmanship is better because of its.
>>
>>34063451
How is Seabase? I did Philmont twice back in the 90s and it was pretty great.
>>
>>34063698
Forgot to mention that Nasty Gurl tried to recruit me at the state jamboree (which to be fair was on JBLM), telling me I could sign papers and that I could go to boot this summer and be a U.S. Army soldier during my senior year. My Eagle Project mentor is an infantry colonel, and thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>34060033
Terrible troop,

We literally would have shut down the troop if a fag tried to join.

Had only the bare bone amount of super vision, and regularly got in trouble.

Im sorry the program cheated you anon.
>>
>>34063713
It is a awesome vacation especially the scuba program, the sailing is great too. Only downside is the faggotry of key west. Sadly I never got around to philmont...... or the southwest in general so will need to check that region out eventually
>>
>>34063745
I think it was the 97 jamboree where I saw a group of MPs beat the ever living fuck out of some child molester who was playing dressup in uniform. Also learned Puerto Ricans will steal anything including shower fixtures. Good times
>>
>Be me
>troops collasped and was reformed into another troop
>Troop is run by liberal blacks
>Troop turns to shit after original older scouts get eagle
>We never go hiking
>all camping is car camping
>three kids with bad downs in troop
>push through and get eagle
>Troop never buys my medals for me
>never have eagle celebration for me

Fuck them. Scouts was pretty fun though.
>>
>>34063713
Show them brands nigga
>>
>>34063832
Damn son MPs aren't nothing to fuck with
>>
File: 1477653085861.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477653085861.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>34063834
>>all camping is car camping

""""""""""""camping""""""""""""

Might as well be in an RV, christ
>>
>>34063859
Pre Obama MP's my man when I later joined up it was a whole different service. To be fair the changes started with Clinton and Bush but didn't get anywhere till 09 or so. Bullshit aside they beat the stolen valor out of that faggot along with most of his teeth
>>
>>34063893
So black boy scout camping = hardcore girl scout camping?
>>
>>34062898
>There was a Penn and Teller Bullshit episode on it
And I immediately disregarded everything after that anon. BSA has always had religious focus. That is why "reverent" is in the Scout Law. If anything Mormons were good for the organization.
>>
I got eagle late last year. I had a pretty good experience with it overall despite the chads in my troop that made everyone else's life hell. One of the most /k parts of it though was this old Vietnam vet that ran the range at our summer camp. He would have all the rifles from the US Military's history, give this long ass speech about them, and then let us shoot whatever we wanted. Shooting the Garand and M16A1 was a good change from boring ass .22s
>>
>>34063902
Is MP still fucked? I kind of want to be an MP officer, as in lieutenant
>>
>>34064015
My roommate from military school who was really fucked in the head was on the fast track to being an MP. Every time he'd walk in the room he'd just look at me and say "penis". That paired with a few other things put me off the idea of joining the military.
>>
>>34064037
Hmm. Was he ROTC or did he just enlist?
>>
Eagle here, made it in 2013. I'm working at a scout camp in the central missouri area for my 4th year this summer. Boy scouts is where I got my love for guns.
>>
Im life right now, looking at getting my eagle within the year.
>>
Why on earth would anyone join the Mormon scouts in this day and age?
>>
>>34063914
Uriah go home
>>
>>34064015
It's. ....... going to be a lot of base op fuckery till we have another mass deployment and with even more snowflake nonsense. I will say air force security forces are the better choice for peacetime but you will be bored. Either way you don't typically get to pick mos as an officer unless you are doing some ng stuff
>>
>>34064080
Same for me in 2002 re working scout camp and learning guns are as awesome as they look. Sometimes I consider taking a 11 week vacation to work a summer there but I keep getting promoted and needing to behave at work while on probation (training status)
>>
>>34064162
Hmm, I might have to find the card the Staff Sergeant gave me for Nasty Girl then
>>
>>34063840
Sorry, at work right now.
>>
>>34057814
Fellow Eagle S/k/out bro :)
>>
>>34064085
Good for you , finish strong. But please, don't post here until you finish. /k/ is a giant time waster, and if you're still working on it then you're not 18
>>
Got Eagle in the late 90's. I have a daughter now and she's in the girl scouts. God, what a shitshow that is. Constant disorganization, no standards, badge for showing up, etc. It's basically a moneymaking scheme.
>>
2014 Eagle here, I never had any of this shit happen in my troop, but this was middle Michigan so I dunno. Didn't do too much shooting with scouts, more worried about camping and hiking.
>>
>>34064297
Yeah, that's what it seems like. Then there was that one bitch who wanted to be an eagle, but wanted the BSA to stop getting Government money. If girl scouts is really that bad, work too improve it
>>
2011? Eagle here. Best experience ever. No negatives. Troop made everyone wear black berets. We were like little paramilitary child soldiers. Would do again in a heartbeat.
>>
>>34064066
I think he was going to enlist and go through boot and get his degree while in. Frankly I don't remember, and i haven't kept in touch with the guy.
>>
>>34064143
And let that motherfucker David get away with fucking my wife behind my back? Hell no.
>>
>>34064203
Just remember your commission is based on military need, your scores/aptitude, and your listed preferences in that order
>>
Got my eagle in 2010. literally 3 hours before I turned 18. Still hold the record in the troop for closest to the wire. Good times. Learned how to shoot from my dad before scouts but had a great time getting my rifle, archery, and shotgun merit badges at Camp Tuckahoe in like 2007. My troop was full of based libertarians. Remember the scout masters drinking beer outta their nalgene bottles and tokin that wacky weed when all the youngings when to their tents... good times...
>>
>>34064433
>work too improve it
I think you're overestimating what someone with an X and a Y chromosome is allowed to do with regards to the girl scouts. Dads are basically only allowed to show up.
>>
>>34063911
There are some girl scouts that are alright. Ran into one troop on North Manitou Island, we were going counter clockwise and they were going clockwise around the island, and I wouldn't say that hike is too difficult, but it's no joke.
>>
Eagle here. Got it in 2010.
It's where I learned how to set up an A-Frame on my own in about 2-3 minutes.
And I got bitched at for taking the rifle and shotgun badges in the same week at Scout Camp.
Thank The Kube for Wilderness Survival,
>>
I made Eagle back in 08/09. I made a shooting range for my Eagle project. During said project a dumbshit pussy managed to fall off the roof and spent the whole time left in his scouting career crying about it.

Someone also hung themselves trying to choke masterbate at Scout Camp
>>
File: BoyScouts.jpg (52KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
BoyScouts.jpg
52KB, 600x835px
>>34064508
>We were like little paramilitary child soldiers

My troop in a nutshell
>tents are for pussies make your own shelter
>only good pack is an ALICE
>Food? You mean rancid MRE's
>Class A uniform is the only clothing allowed besides matching troop surplus BDUS for hiking.
>your rifle groups have to be withing a quarter or you get screamed at

I learned alot about discipline and self respect. We had literal tards turn into upstanding citizens in scouts, sad to see it turn to shit.
>>
>>34057814
Made Eagle in 2012. I love Boy Scouts and think it is a good program as long as your troop is not run by morons. I was lucky enough to be in a troop that was on a military base. I wish I would have went on more of the high adventure camp outs and so on but I was more interested in the whole high school experience meme at the time. I made Eagle Scout by the skin of my teeth and had my board of review after my 18th birthday lol.
>>
>>34057814
2006. I learned to shoot from family. Only good thing about shooting in the scouts is we went trapshooting alot. Screw that single shot 22 b.s.
>>
'09 eagle here.

I moved around a few times, Most troops I were in kinda sucked. the mormon troops tended to shuffle their babysitter "scoutmasters" every year when doing ward callings, and as a result knew jack shit about /out/.

Thankfully my last few years in was with a Northern Wisconsin troop which was pretty based. Completely boy-lead, with adults only stepping in when it looked like we might hurt ourselves, and helping to manage the budget.

Jackasses would get passed over for leadership, or promptly impeached if they started acting the fool once they got a taste of power.

Learned
>snowshoe
>shoot better
>build good fires in all weather conditions
>muh trigger discipline,
>tie the ever-important taut-line.
>pack canoe properly

Plus we did week-long treks every year, either hiking, canoeing or (one I missed out on) rock climbing.

I can see how a lot of people wouldn't get shit from it, and after aquiring an old 60s scout manual I'm sure it was a much better organization back in the day, but I learned a lot, and would say it had a positive impact on me.
>>
>>34063183
I hate troops like that, I remember one time in Middle School that when we did our "grad thing", fucker strolled across the stage in full class A saying he did eagle. Most don't earn until Junior year of High School.
>t. Uni Sophomore who did scouts.
>>
>>34057814
Cadets.
Lots of banter, free ammunition.
>>
eagle 2012. scoutmaster was actually a cuck no memes involved. there was an age gap in the troop so at about 15 a group of us would just do "high adventure" shit which was really just camping wherever we wanted to and barely ever having adult supervision. turned into more of a group of friends just bantering and having a good time than anything else. ended up getting 2 palms by accident because i had extra merit badges. wood and fire chips are the butt of every joke and no one takes them seriously unless you were the scoutmaster's squeeze. OA is a meme. Wilderness survival, Blacksmithing, and Blackpowder is where its at.
>>
>>34057814
I made Eagle when I was 14, dropped out when I was 16 because of a combination of their opening to homosexuality and the fact one of my troop leaders got arrested for pedophilia
>>
>>34059903
/k/ should really make a youth organization like Boy Scouts was originally meant to be, plus some extra shit
>>
>>34066890
>eagle at 14
absolutely disgusting. this is the shit boy scouts are doing these days. /rogue/ best mode >>34059903
>>
>>34066911
Nah senpai, I worked my ass off to get Eagle, I probably did it the most legitimate out of anyone in my troop in the last 25 years
>>
>>34066403
God I wish, my troop was a bunch of liberal faggots who wouldn't let us do jack shit. Most of my work for Eagle I did out of the troop
>>
>>34066898
Can we throw Bomb Disposal into the mix?
>>
File: 1495236302816.jpg (111KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495236302816.jpg
111KB, 576x600px
2011 Eagle.
>>
>>34066937
Hell yeah. What would we do if there was a terrorist attack at one of our meetings?
>>
>>34066967
If anything it's a trial by fire if the scouts get jumped.
>>
File: hcxDR.jpg (85KB, 857x569px) Image search: [Google]
hcxDR.jpg
85KB, 857x569px
>>34066898
>young /k/ommandos?

Rank system: traveler, bandit, 2nd operator, 1st operator, ranger, stalker, kommando.
>>
>>34067017
Definitely this and a pilgrimage to the /k/ube every year.
>>
>>34066898
I'd be down for this, but where are we going to find a high concentration of soccermoms who are willing to let us train their offspring into child soldiers for the conquest of sealand?
>>
>>34067031
Southern U.S.?
Just guessing.
We could have like a Pickup with all the logos all over it, and tour states.
>>
>>34057814
> staying in the scouts past middleschool

How was your upper middle class suburban upbringing, chief?

BSA literally exists for dads who are too sheltered or work too much to actually raise a son with outdoorsmanship skills. The little bit of christian taint to it is another red flag.

Not saying its bad but just be aware that you basically look and act like tourists when performing what is for many, common sense survival and camping skills
>>
Eagle of 2008

National Jambo 05, and NOAC 06 were the big events I went to.
My troop was pretty awesome, we did monthly outings all year round, great parents and adult leaders that encouraged all of us to be the best we can be and to take leadership roles and organize outings ourselves.

I got the rifle and shotgun badges, but I'd been shooting .22s and hunting deer since I was 10 so scouts wasn't really a huge lifechanger in the weapons department.
>>
>>34057814

Made Eagle 2007, just before my 18th birthday and the cutoff. Yep, that's where I learned how to shoot. It's disgraceful the state of the organization these days.
>>
>>34060033

I feel sorry for younger scouts. We were building watchtowers in the woods and the only gay kid dropped out from shame when he was outed.
>>
>>34067096
So kids (read: children) should be embarrassed for wanting to learn common sense and camping skills because their dads don't have enough time to take them out on their own?

Of all the knowledge I gleaned from scouting, I really don't think its fair to chalk it all up to just common sense and basic camping skills. Sure there's a fair amount that is pretty simple, but keep in mind, some scouts start at age 11. Getting out of their air conditioned house and away from the minecraft is quite a bit of a shock sometimes and there's very little they know that you would call common sense.
>>
>>34067096

You're like, pointing out the entire purpose of scouting and then making it into a kind of bad thing. It developed when countries were becoming urbanized very fast. I, for example, have always lived in the city and did not ever learn any outdoors skills.

I know everyone on /k/ is a rural outdoorsy self-reliant alpha male and certainly not a liberal cuck office worker, so it's irrelevant for you guys
>>
I'm still not sure why Girl Scouts exist
>>
>>34067301
a front for a high-margin cookie empire
>>
>>34067017
Nice, so what would you do for the individual rank-ups?
>Traveler
Know basic rifle skills and basic innawoods tier shit like knot tying and fire starting
>Bandit
do first overnight camping trip, begin shooting semi-auto rifles, learn first aid
>2nd Operator
Learn more advanced outdoor skills like shelter making and other retarded shit they should already have figured out, begin pistol shooting, and learn constructing fortifications
>1st operator
learn tactical movement, spend their first night in the woods by themselves, and start learning things like blacksmithing and welding
>ranger
learn /o/ tier skills, long range shooting, advanced survival skills, and take the kids hunting
>stalker
have them take a longer shooting skills training to really test their knowledge, spend at least 72 hours innawoods by themselves, learn about trapping and tracking, and advanced medical skills
>kommando
A three day long test of all the skills they've learned
>>
>>34057814

Life Scout, not Eagle, but I'm glad to see more of us here than I expected. Scouting was where I learned outdoorsmanship, where I learned to shoot, and was helpful both in ROTC and in my geology degree. I think learning an appreciation for the outdoors then made getting a degree in a physical science all the more appealing later. Oddly enough, I miss those days.
>>
>>34057814
Made Eagle in 2012, right before my 18th. Learned to shoot from them when I was roughly 10 or so.
>>
>>34057814
Made Eagle in 2012. Did my board of review 2 weeks after I turned 17. Went to Northern Tier and New River before it became an official High Adventure camp. It does look very good on a resume.
>>
>>34067438

Cont'd: Was kinda cool the adult leadership in the troop I was in in Phoenix were all professionals, a doctor, an electrician, a state attorney, etc., but a bunch were former military and all were what they'd call survivalists today. Learned a lot more /k/-tier stuff then I expected, which was fun. Then I moved to a small in Texas and all they did was car camping out of rubbermaid tubs. I was, well, shocked. Still took on as much of the fun badges I could, such as Lifesaving, Wilderness Survival, First Aid (with an advanced module), Emergency Preparedness, Cooking (yes, cooking), all the shooting sports, and even got BSA Lifeguard certified. All stuff I wouldn't have been able to pick up living in the city or doing afterschool stuff in high school, so that was worth it.
>>
>>34067363
>kommando
Hunt and kill a skinwalker
>>
>>34067229
Its pretty common sense if you grew up dicking around innawoods unsupervised as a kid and then learning proper skills from some form of parental figure

You just pay to do it in a controlled environment

Again im not saying its bad but most of you guys act like youre learning really insane exclusive things, wearing your "I was raised by an organisation of mid life crisis fathers" badges with pride. Its like a weird cult almost, looking in from the outside
>>
>>34067491
then we get sued because some idiot kid managed to get himself actually killed
>>
>>34067477
Cont: Troop had a good number of ex-military and a lot of govt employees in leadership. And a couple owned big plots of land we would camp and fuck around on once or twice a year.
>>
>>34067494
I'd like to tell you exactly how off you are, but your patronizing attitude just leads me to believe you don't really give a shit.

So I'll just tell you to stick a fero rod up your ass and fuck off.
>>
>>34067363
When do the boys start taking over primarily for leadership from adults?
>>
>>34067494
Thanks for the smug assessment, but you're wrong.

I guarantee you didn't have the same opportunities on your own from age 11-18 that I had in my 7 years of scouting
>>
Got Eagle in 08, had the time of my life. It sucks that a bunch of anons here had a shitty time. I suppose my troop was very progressive in the tolerance for gay people department, but I think it was more that no one cared what your orientation was/wasn't a shit head. I learned to shoot, camp, build fire, tie knots, live inna woods. Also nylon tents are for pussies, we only slept in milsurp canvas tents. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
>>
>>34067096
>>34067494
I hope you realize you can pretty much just waltz in and say "yeah I'd like to join". You make it sound like Boy Scouts is this exclusive organization meant for rich WASPs who have nothing better to do, likely because that is what you believe, isn't it?

You poor? No problem. How much the uniform cost? What? Maybe $60 dollars total for full attire? Book? It's free in PDF version if you're truly in a tight. Roughly $20 for ringed version.

You a minority? Who gives a fuck. You're a Scout now.

Boy Scouts gives you connections and makes friends with people you generally wouldn't have. Most adults there are middle to lower class dads and moms who just enjoy camping and outdoor activities, and most kids tend to be outdoorsy already whom just enjoy sharing it with others.

The "Too busy fathers can't raise their kids" fathers tend not to stick around long, unless the kid is really into it.

But you know what, you can go wave your "I'm a projecting twat who jumps to conclusion about people I've never met or barely deal with" with pride all I care. It's a free board, but kindly go tip your "christ is evil and fake" fedora somewhere else.
>>
Got it in 2016, so very recently.
It was a lot of fun, our troop was basically just a backpacking club but that was great. I got to do 100 miles in Yosemite for my last summer and that was by far my favorite trip. I'm pretty sure the first time I went shooting was at a camp rifle range, but I never shoot anything bigger than .22 in scouts.
>>
File: f2d.png (82KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
f2d.png
82KB, 625x626px
>>34067494
>>
>>34067583
We could add leadership to 1st operator, and after they learn those lessons they completely take over at ranger
>>
File: 1493657552475.jpg (110KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493657552475.jpg
110KB, 1000x625px
>>34067494
>not knowing anything about scouts the post
>>
>>34067832
And they are the ones responsible the fresh re/k/ruits basic skills.
>>
Made it to Life. I learned to shoot the 12 gauge a little better. Didnt give no shits honestly about going forward to Eagle. I was there for the camping and woods. I didnt mind kitchen duty. Taught me valuable shit about camping out and keeping shit clean. Teaching young ones knots and why we use them. About various fire designs and what is best when. Good times, leaders knew I was not interested in going to Eagle but were glad I show the younger ones the ropes so they didnt have to. I left for better experiences and less smelling coffee and hot cocoa every god damn morning.
>>
>>34068523
You sound just like my friend. He was bomb at KP and rocked it in minutes.
>>
File: avatarsdoggy 005.jpg (24KB, 214x168px) Image search: [Google]
24KB, 214x168px
>>34067817
file not found
>>
>>34067269
He's really not though. If you enjoy BSA shit then kudos, but the titles and badges are laughably autistic to anyone born in the sticks yet boy scouts cling to them like they are some kind of a noteworthy achievement.

Like you guys with this "Eagle Scout looks good on resume" meme, no one outside of a former boy scout is impressed by that. Be real lol
>>
I worked at a BSA camp with Eric Frein, teaching shooting sports merit badges.
>>
>>34068634
While I dont think Eagle scout matters to much a resume as you say. I think it does work for college admission papers. If someone does put it on a resume, I think it is fine if they lack proper work experience to give an idea of how long they stick with something. If you are 36 and applying for a network admin position and have eagle scout but only can stay at places for 2 years at a time.. then I will toss that in shredder.
>>
>>34068634
>I have no idea what it takes to earn an Eagle rank
>I know, I'll call them autists, that'll sure make them think twice about their achievements
>>
>>34068634
>No one outside former boy scout is impressed

Recruiters, especially for government jobs beg to differ
>>
>>34060033
I never had any of these problems in my troop, and I got eagle in 2013.

The most politically correct we ever got was the non-denominational mandatory mass at camp.

It helps to live in a small town in rural Wisconsin and we held our meetings at the local gun club.
>>
>>34063355
Rodney was great, being local meant we could get the run of the entire camp for capture the flag games in the off season.
>>
>>34067269
Rural outdoorsy self-reliant alpha male office worker here, ask me anything.
>>
>>34068953
Where is the extra 8.5x11 copy paper? Copier ran out.
>>
>>34057814
Got Eagle in 2014. My troop shit out eagles, our scoutmaster has made over 1000 eagles.

Learned to shoot before tenderfoot on a campout.
>>
>>34067583
Ideally, as it is in good troops, there will always be older boys leading the group. Scouts are broken up into Patrols by age group. Each patrol has a democratically elected leader. These guys are your NCOs. The main leadership is from the older patrols and eleceted on a schedule, this is your officer corps. It is a fine system, I see no need for deviation.
>>
>>34068991
Agreed. I meant more how much control the adult leaders have however.
>>
>>34068756
This. It's been mentioned at every job I got.
>>
>>34068977
3rd floor, by the entrance to the back stairwell.
Or just a grunt and head nod in the general direction of said paper because I hate my yuppie coworkers.
>>
>>34069060
Hate when marketing does print jobs. They never check how much is left.
>>
>>34069017
In my experience, the different planning activities were delegated to a series of councils of boy leaders. An adult who held the official position would serve as moderator at these and would carry out the things the boys could not. We had: Patrol Leaders' Council for trip planning, Quartermaster's Council for logistics, Jew's Council for financial stuff.
Since this is a paramilitary group, I say all of our boys get a nugget they have to schlep around and keep clean innawoods on trips. They can use them to set up their shelters and such like conscripts of old.
>>
>>34069122
Maybe they get Slav names like the Catholic confirmation saints' names?
Maybe SPL wear Commisar's uniform and carries Tok?
>>
Life Scout here. I was too lazy to make it to Eagle when I aged out in 2015.

I learned so many /k/ skills from scouting that my domesticated suburban dad never would have taught me. Magdumping that Marlin model 60 as fast as I could when I was 12 was one of my best firearms memories. My troop also shot high powered rifles until I was 13 but a new adult leader threatened to get their charter revoked if they didn't stop. That rich weasel left the troop a few years later when the Scoutmaster didn't give his special snowflake son an award he wanted.

I've got some great stories from my scouting days if anyone's interested. It's sad to see such a good organization go to shit like this.
>>
>>34068991

Most of my time in a leadership was first as Den Chief, then as the patrol leader for the younger scouts to help train them. I don't think I was elected so much as agreed upon by the adult leadership and my ASPL and SPL. I was good at teaching.
>>
>>34069122
>Give them all a nugget

Beat me to the punch
>>
>>34069158
Standard uniform should be slavshit surplus. Mid-tier gets MC or flecktarn. Kommandos are the only members permitted Rhodie.
>>
You know after it all I would go back to help kids and what not with this learning survival and outdoors survival. But then I see the lawsuits. The trouble it causes. The retarded parents. SJWs. BLM fuckheads.

In the end I say: "Fuuuuuuuck that." I could teach kids of all ages, genders, races and religions great things, but the parents made it impossible for them to learn from anyone who truly gives a damn about teaching.
>>
Got mine in 1992.
It got approved while I was in USMC boot camp.
Graduated boot camp, came home, got my Eagle Scout award.
Scouting was great.
Our scoutmaster was pretty disabled. Basically he would get us to a campsite and we'd just run riot while he read books on the Civil War.
If we wanted to go for a hike, canoe ride, whatever, he'd just put some boy in charge and tell us to get back by sundown.
He did know his stuff. But because of his disability he had to teach it by having us read the manuals and yelling at us. Yelling, because a bunch of boys are hard to control. Then whoever figured out things first taught the rest of us.
When he wasn't yelling at us he was watching us having fun and laughing his ass off with the other scout leaders (mostly just members dads) as he enjoyed our enjoyment.
He snored so frigging loud at night the whole campsite would rumble.
This guy literally sent 14-year-olds to lead scouts even younger up Mt. Washington while he hung out in the parking lot and read about Nathan Bedford Forrest or Stonewall Jackson.
Everyone survived. He taught me many skills that I use to this day.
>>
>>34066878
Troop 99? If not glad to hear you had a similar troop
>>
>>34068854
Mind the bluff but using the pool to the boathouse for one game with 100 participants was awesome
>>
>>34069060
As a lone male conservative working in HR I know this feeling. But it is nice filtering out sjw resumes
>>
got mine in 2011 as well as everyone in my troope all 15 of us (wasnt the bigest troop) small town life i still am stuck in the same town and ive watched my old troop decay stuck working at a dead end job at the local gas station saving up for Funs and moving out of rents.
>>
>>34072037
Not sure plans and preferences bit going to throw this out there: eagle usually a instant promotion to E2 and makes a lot of basic retardedly easy if you are even remotely fit
>>
>>34070043
>The foghorn snoring

It seems like every troop has a leader like this
>>
>>34062914
There is probably porn about that.
>>
>>34059903
I learned shooting, welding, blacksmithing, first aid, and camping shit in Boyscouts. Are you sure you weren't in the Girlscouts?
>>
>>34063355
>>34063713
>>34063807
Anyone else do Northern Tier?
>>
File: Cool as a Cucumber.png (309KB, 600x868px) Image search: [Google]
Cool as a Cucumber.png
309KB, 600x868px
>>34057814
>Be super into scouting
>Made it all the way to Life Scout with a fucking awesome troop
>Recession hit, had to move around a lot
>Finally found a stable place to live
>Try and rejoin Scouts with local troop
>Troop was one of the most well-funded groups I have ever seen
>Was actually run by fucking drama queens and pansies who though selling popcorn was the endgame of scouting
>Fuck that
>Quit scouts
>Move again
>Finally in a good position
>Too old to rejoin scouts
Feels bad man.
>>
>>34057814
Made Eagle in 2010, also barely made it, like too many others.
>>
>>34070043
Neat, it's men like that who really make scouts worthwhile for boys.
>>
>>34067026
pilgrimage to the /k/ube is a requirement in the handbook for achieving the rank of kommando. perfect.
>>
>>34075079
Nope.
I had to quit to learn (apparently they had paperwork or some shit to kick me out in the works when I quit because I was using pocket knives to whittle/as a basic tool before I had the chit)
>>
>>34077956
it always seems to be the scout troops that made the shit themselves without much help from the parents that seemed better off somehow. like a sort of bonding over having created something as simple as a kitchen box for your patrol.
>>
File: 1430277742310.png (396KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1430277742310.png
396KB, 400x400px
>>34057814

I lost my v-card the day before my eagle scout project.

Shit was great.

Anyway, to push the thread along...

What was YOUR eagle scout project?

I made a nature trail with post markers and paths etc. etc.
>>
Any Philmont alumni here? Went twice. Had an awesome time. Shit is /k/ as fuck.
>>
>>34078406
Built a nice wood gazebo of my own design and some picnic benches and a little landscaping for a teen rehab home
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.