[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wfg/ Writefag General_Remenber to read the guides!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 79

File: 1494087909074.jpg (29KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
1494087909074.jpg
29KB, 600x395px
A place to share books, stories, and assorted writefaggotry.

All writing is welcome, even if it's only tangentially related to /k/.

Give thanks to Polybus a
nd Archivefag for keeping /wfg/ afloat.
It's been unscientifically proven that a lack of (you)s for writers can lead depression, alcoholism, story abandonment, and an hero.

But it's so easy to make a difference in a writer's life. Just one (you) a day can make the difference between a happy writer and a writer on permanent hiatus.

Please, post now. Help make a writer's day.

Featured writers

Frog-anon
The improbables adventures of froganon
http://pastebin.com/KP1xGdAy

Roadanon
Rechambered 5.45
http://pastebin.com/zy7SsnSy

Link to sticky: http://pastebin.com/5yG5C9ek
Last thread: >>33851654
>>
>>33878234
>awww yeeee
>>
Been lurking since the beginning. This is my first time posting in a wfg thread since it's inception.

I just want to thank everyone who has contributed. Especially polybus for keeping it alive and well.

We have so many great writers coming to these threads and sharing their stories. And it's for us, the people of /k/.

Not trying to get too sappy but thanks again everyone. <3
>>
File: 1487227977158.jpg (547KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1487227977158.jpg
547KB, 800x1135px
>Another thread burned through
Damn... these have been flying by lately
>Still crazy busy even though its the weekend
>No Damaged Goods update for now

>>33878463
Thank you for reading and sticking around! Glad to have you with us, bro.
>>
>>33878559
>Update soon, guise!
>...uh...nevermind
I've heard that song before.
>>
File: 1459888689736.jpg (238KB, 778x842px) Image search: [Google]
1459888689736.jpg
238KB, 778x842px
>>33878671
don't be a spoiled sport. Construct-kun is doing what he can!
>>
>>33878234
Sweet heaven I didn't miss it this time!
I'll update tonight CET, going to finish or at least get as much as I can for the Trench arc.

Looking forward for your updates too I need a good reader for the weekend!
>>
>>33878234
>>>/lit/ is that way ------->

All your doing here is using /k/ as a half-assed marketing attempt. It's lame, and your writing is shit. Go away.
>>
^
Filter and move on, don't reply back to them
>>
>>33878929
look, we have a unicorn here; a retard shitting on people while namefagging, usually they do it anonymously/use someone else's name...

...wait, could it be that this guy is too stupid to do it anonymously?
>>
>>33878929
2/10 made me reply

have a (You) tripfag
>>
>>33879048
Does that mean that I can get a (You) if I trip?
>>
>>33878929
Aren't you the really fat guy?
>>
>>33878929
>tripfag
>criticizing anyone else for being an attention whore
wew lad
>>
File: IMG_6218.gif (400KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6218.gif
400KB, 500x339px
>>33879790
Zed go back to /arg/ where you belong.
>>
>>33879790
You act like you don't want to fuck your guns.

Maybe you should go.
>>
Congrats to everyone who's replied to that fucktard. You're playing right into his plan to make us look like a cesspool of arguing and shit, which is exactly the case he plans to make against us to the mods.

stop
fucking
replying
to
him
ffs
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 228x221px
>>33879790
>>33879847
>tfw /k/oko makes an appearance here
>tfw even /k/oko thinks zed is a cockgarbler
>>
>>33879913
My kids post here, in case you've forgotten.
>>
File: 1492515043794.jpg (114KB, 850x599px) Image search: [Google]
1492515043794.jpg
114KB, 850x599px
>>33879935
>tfw I got a (You) from /k/oko
>>
File: Frida Mofette 04.png (739KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frida Mofette 04.png
739KB, 1280x720px
>109 pages in
>New ideas keep popping up
>Like the foul-mouthed birds with cloaca-stingers that inject their eggs into their victims
>And the mandrill-men that stuff gourds with gunpowder and shrapnel and use them as one-time blunderbusses

Questions are: how many mortars does the typical military squad take on assignment?
And what size mortars are portable enough for ease of transport and setting up?

>>33878929
>>33879790
You aren't the first tripfag to shitpost on /k/. This board is the easiest to get a reaction from, so it's painfully obvious you lack trolling talent. Try shitposting on a different board with your trip for once.
>>
>>33879935
You have kids? I can only imagine what kind of an upbringing that would be...
>>
My basic idea is a space marine assigned to a fleet there dedicated to crushing colonial insurrections, and the story would be about all the horrible shit he witnesses and goes through.
>>
>>33880137
*that is dedicated. Damn phoneposting doesn't help show off any merit my writing might have.
>>
>>33880153
>>33880137
Would he be a cyborg? Or a chimpanzee?

That would be cool, a chimpanzee space marine. Think about it, chimps wage war on each other all the damn time! Imagine some kind of interplanetary fission-fusion society, where all the males plot and brawl for the position of Chimperor, some kind of post-chimp-being. They could wage war on other species, but they'd treat it like a typical chimp hunt, where they corner and butcher their enemies for meat.
>>
>>33880187
zed we still know it's you
>>
>>33880055
>Questions are: how many mortars does the typical military squad take on assignment?
>And what size mortars are portable enough for ease of transport and setting up?
from the top of my head French Army has one 50mm mortar at squad level while in Finnish Army the smallest mortar is 81mm and is used by the mortar platoon of an infantry company (three tubes), it seems (based on Wikipedia at least-) US Army uses 60mm mortars at company level and British Army uses 81mm at battalion level.
>>
>>33880365
Cool, thanks for the info!
>>
>>33880055
forgot I had stuff to add: 50-60mm is portable by one to two men while for example the Finnish 81mm mortar is served by a squad (the tube, base plate and bipod each take one man to carry, then there's the ammunition etc.)
>>
>>33880469
Daily reminder that Zed is permabanned from 4chan for being a massive faggot.
>>
>>33880404
>>33880365
For the French military, there's also a 5-man squad for the Mortier de 81mm léger long renforcé (81mm mortar, light, long, reinforced). It's used in heavy mortar section and you can parachute it.

There's 1 mortar "section" per company.

I never heard of 50mm mortar. But there is a 50mm individual grenade launcher usable by a single man. It's in use in the 600-meter team (same as the Minimi)
>>
Filter and move on people...
>>
>>33880478
>I never heard of 50mm mortar. But there is a 50mm individual grenade launcher usable by a single man. It's in use in the 600-meter team (same as the Minimi)
that's the one, Wikipedia calls it mortar
>>
>>33880478
>>It's used in heavy mortar section
>mfw the Finnish classification for the 81 KRH 71 Y (81mm mortar model 1971 universal support) is "light mortar" (it weights 53kg)
>>
>>33880612
Finns are scary.
Like, I-eat-your-brain-with-vinaigrette scary
>>
File: Frida Mofette 08.png (853KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
Frida Mofette 08.png
853KB, 440x660px
>>33880512
Sir... Yes... Sir...
>>
>>33880717
who is this demon of semen?
>>
>>33881042
Frida Mofette, from Wakfu.
>>
>>33881063
>french anime
>>
>>33880638
... I'm not a Finn but... brain with vinaigrette sounds oddly good. Then again I think vinaigrette makes lots of things sound good. I wonder what a simple iceburg-lettuce salad with fried-up bits of monkey brain and a drizzling of some kind of vinaigrette would taste... or is it in poor taste to have ANYTHING fried on a salad? What about crunchy bits of baked-brain?

... where the fuck is my head tonight? Jesus Christ this stuff sounds disturbing and yet delicious! WHY?! Should I seek help?...
>>
File: image-17.jpg (101KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
image-17.jpg
101KB, 679x960px
Wonder if I should do a tiny bump update just to prove I'm not returning to hiatus and am in fact writing? Well here goes.
>>
>>33878929
k lmao
>>
>>33881834
>where we last left off
>>33870780

“Yeah… I guess you did…” Dave said with a sigh.

“Don't worry,” said Adam, “It warn’t like I was peekin’ into yer window.”

“Eh, can we just agree to drop the subject for now?”

“Agreed.”

Chris finally spoke up. “How come we weren't able to kill that thing? We put sixty rounds into it point blank…”

“You weren't using blessed silver, that's why.”

“Silver? What, are you saying that was a werewolf?”

Adam looked at her like she'd grown a third head. “What the feck kinda hoonters are ya if ya didn't know that was a werewolf? You said you’d had dealings with werewolves before. Were ya lying?”

“We’ve hunted dogmen, not werewolves! I didn’t even think those actually existed!”

“Heheheh. Well, I s’pose the pair of ye tits are gonna get a crash course on ‘em tonight, then.” Adam gave them a shiteating smirk. “Why don’tcha go over there and look at the gobshite who just tried to maul ya.”

They did so with a little bit of hesitance, which almost immediately evaporated when they noticed the huge furry corpse had been replaced with that of a rotund man, completely naked.
>>
>>33881881

“Holy shit… it’s the front desk clerk!” said Dave, shocked.

Adam sauntered over and pushed the corpse over onto its back with his foot. The clerk’s face was contorted into an expression of agony, frozen in death. Chris turned away and covered her mouth and nose to keep herself from vomiting; the corpse smelled as if it had been rotting for weeks.

Dave pinched his nose shut as well, though Adam seemed unbothered and knelt next to the body. “You said ya put sixty bullets in tha bastard?”

“Yeah… two full magazines, thirty each.”

“See that? No entry wounds from any of yer bullets,” said Adam, waving his hand. “Just the one from the bullet that came outta me ol’girl Lilly here,” he said, patting the stock of his rifle. He pointed at a single round hole right in the middle of the chest. There was no blood; rather, the flesh seemed necrotic all around it.

“This is fucking eerie,” said Chris, a short distance away and recovering her composure.

“How is this possible, though? Why does only silver work? You’d think pumping a bunch of lead into something would just outright kill it?” asked Dave.
>>
>>33881893

“First off, only blessed silver works. Regular silver hurts ‘em, but it don’t seem to be packin’ enough in it to kill ‘em. Conventional stuff, totally useless. Unless we’re talkin’ explosives. You blow something into little meat chunks, it ain’t comin’ back, no matter what. And as to why it’s so hard to kill the shitbirds… well...” Adam shrugged.

“You don’t know why?”

“I know why, ya gimp. But you wouldn’t understand. Werewolves are unholy beasties. They're walking corpses kept moving about by a tortured soul trapped inside ‘em, doomed to walk the Earth until someone like me comes along an frees em from this mortal coil, and sends ‘em up to tha good Lord for judgement.”

He stood up, cradling his rifle. “Go ahead an’ call me crazy, but if you were lookin’ fer some fancypants scientific answer, maybe ye should ask a damn scientist instead of a priest.”
>>
File: 1491607003175.jpg (221KB, 850x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1491607003175.jpg
221KB, 850x1207px
>>33881912
and that's it for now, tired as fuck

please let me know what you all think of the whole story do far? thanks
>>
>>33881929
top notch shit mate
>>
I think there was a game you called "guess a writefag" in the last thread, I didn't have an entry then, so here you go, a short story
>>
>It's the end of yet another day at the range, and once again your owner just leaves you in the small room in the basement that seems to be in the process of being turned into a bunker & in the meantime acts as a storage for guns, milsurp and ammo. No cleaning, no nothing. You can hear the muffled voices from upstairs where the other guns seem to be preparing for the customary movie night.
>You were happy when he bought you from the family of your last owner who were debating whether or not to turn you over to the police to be scrapped right until the moment Anon bought you. Had you known how things would turn out you might have refused to go with him, at least by being scrapped you wouldn't have to tolerate this.
>When he first bought you he took you straight to the range and went through a box of cheap Russian ammo he bought at the range. The pain from the steel cases grinding against your chamber every time you cycled didn't bother you at the time; you thought he'd be using brass-cased ammo in the future as he seemed like a decent guy.
>After he brought you home he brought you down here and said he'd come back to clean you in a while, but then after two hours when you went up to see what all the noice was about you found him watching some movie with his other guns, as soon as he saw you he told you to go back to basement and not to come out until he tells you otherwise.
>Feeling hurt you complied and in the month you have been here you haven't shown yourself to anyone, every weekend he takes you to the range and goes through three, four boxes of that fucking Wolf shit before taking you home and leaving you in the basement before joining the other guns for the movie night.
>The only 'maintenance' he ever does is adjust your sights, and the only reason he does even that is because you make sure to undo the zeroing after every trip to the range as a petty revenge.
>As you wallow you are interrupted by someone entering the room, it's one of Anon's rifles, an AR-15.
>>
>>33882027
>"So, the slavshit still won't honor us with her presence" she says, you can practically smell the venom dripping from her mouth.
>You are getting pissed, first you are in no uncertain terms excluded from all of the activities, and now the little shit is talking as if it was you who made the decision? She's gravely mistaken if she thinks you are going to dignify her with a response.
>"HEY! I am talking to you!" she shouts at you, it seems you'll have to respond after all, lest the rest will also come down here and then you'll have little chance of peace...
>"Who are you calling slavshit you fucking Jam-16 -wannabe? After being perfectly happy to exclude me from everything that happens in this house for a month you have the nerve to blame *me* for that asshole's very clear order to stay here in my rifle form until he says otherwise?" you shout back as you come out.
>"The fuck are you talking about, Anon would never do something like that!" she raises her voice even more.
>"The day he brought me here he said he'd come down to clean me in a while, only to start watching movies with you & when I came to see what all the noice was about he said, and I quote: "Go wait in the basement and don't come out until I tell you otherwise!" Which reminds me, in the month I have been here, even after all that shitty Russki ammo he has put through me he hasn't cleaned me even once! Why he ever bothered buying me when he quite clearly couldn't give a flying fuck about me is beyond me!" you shout back, also raising your voice.
>"What's going on here?" Anon shouts as he comes down to see what the shouting is about.
>"The ungrateful little shit must have some important bits loose, claiming that you are somehow mistreating her even though you are taking her to the range every week!" the AR replies to Anon.
>>
>>33882039
>"He promised to clean me, went to watch movies with you guys, ordered me to return to the basement and stay out of sight until he says otherwise, keeps feeding me that shitty Russian ammo that hurts like hell and then he never cleans me, you try being in my position & I guarantee you'll turn into a danger to yourself and/or others within a week!" you retort, mentally preparing for a broadside from either Anon, the AR or the other guns who have also come down to see what's going on. Instead there's a stunned silence, until after some time Anon finally opens his mouth:
>"...There seems to be a misunderstanding here, I only meant for you to wait for me to break down the news about you to the others before introducing you" Anon says before you interrupt him:
>"You must like taking things real slow then, you haven't even done the cleaning you promised a month ago, left alone carried out this 'introduction' plan you supposedly had but failed to mention until just now! Then there's the shitty ammo you keep feeding me, do I look like a fucking $200 dollar beat-to-shit -stamped Norinco AK you found in a garage sale?"
>"But you *are* an AK-47, you'll be just fine even with minimal cleaning, I mean maybe if your barrel wasn't chrome-lined, *then*-" Anon says before you interrupt him again, if you weren't mad before, now you most certainly are:
>"I AM NOT A FUCKING AK-47! I am Valmet M71, built to tighter tolerances than any AK, I don't have a chrome-lined barrel meaning I *do* need cleaning, especially with the kind of shit you keep feeding me!"
>"What? Why on Earth would anyone make an AK without a chrome-lined barrel?" he asks.
>"I am essentially a civilian version of a weapon developed for the FDF, and since FDF came to the conclusion that manufacturing chrome-lined barrels that meet their accuracy requirements would have been way too expensive Valmet manufactured all of Rk -variants with naked steel barrels" you explain, starting to slowly calm down.
>>
>>33882048
>"Then why didn't you say anything?" he asks, puzzled.
>"Which part of "you told me not to come out until you specifically say otherwise" is too hard for you to understand?" you ask, now you are just irritated.
>"But I didn't-" Anon says before being cut off by one of his guns:
>"We all know it now, but as I have told you a hundred times before, you need to pay attention to what you say & especially *remember* what you have said, you made a promise and never kept it, now you have an angry woman in front of you and all that comes out of your mouth is a bunch of excuses, I thought you were raised better than that" she says to Anon, causing him to look down in shame.
>"I'm sorry, I have neglected you even though I was supposed to make you feel at home, can we start over?" Anon says meekly, satisfied with his response the woman then turns towards you:
>"And you, I understand why you are upset, but not showing yourself to anyone for a month & instead choosing to mess with Anon by undoing your zeroing after every range day is a bit excessive don't you think?"
>"Wait, you mean she was doing it on purpose?" Anon asks, surprised, causing everyone else to laugh, including you.
>"As you can see Anon is an idiot, he means well but really isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, please forgive him" the woman says.
>"I'm sorry Anon, one of my previous owners was...a troubled man, I was afraid what you might do if I didn't follow your orders to the letter" you say to him.
>"Wait, if you were so afraid of him, then why did you always undo the zeroing?" the AR asks.
>"As I said I was afraid to go against his orders, Anon never ordered me *not to* undo my zeroing so..." you reply with a mischievous grin, getting a laugh out of all the guns around you.
>"Looks like Anon really hit the jackpot this time, it will be a blast to have you around!" the AR says.

Fin
>>
>>33882057
... AKM Anon?
>>
>>33882073
nope
>>
>>33879935
Your DOG posts here?

Holy sweet FUCK
>>
This is just a general rant on writefaggotry and survival-themed works, but why do so many stories understate how important books will be in a post-apocalyptic scenario?

Rarely do you ever read that characters are scrounging for some medical reference manuals or something, or maybe chemistry books.
>>
>>33882191
could you be anonoverheaven?
I don't know, I know there's a couple writers who greentext all points.
>>
>>33882504
you bring up a great point there. Also the lack of homemade books like guides on how to do certain things important to survival
>>
File: 1475159292867.png (509KB, 856x1988px) Image search: [Google]
1475159292867.png
509KB, 856x1988px
>>
File: 1494109789115.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494109789115.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>33882504
For the same reason you don't see it in writing, people would probably think the last thing that would be useful to them in a post-apocalypse scenario is a book, you'd see them burned for warmth sooner than read when people need to know how to make something there is now nothing of. But you make a good point information is a very valuable resource.
>>33883519
>pic related
>>
Well I just heard a bunch of gunfire outside of the hotel lol. But not right outside, sounded a little off, maybe a free blocks away. Sounded like pistol caliber, ten or so shots. What a way to end the work week lol.
>>
>>33883587
Well, JTfag talked of the languages of the fist, the heart and the coin, but I think there's probably four in any such case where those three exist. It's what Northern Rhodesian singer John Edmond called the language of the wilderness. Knowing that BEFORE the shit breaks out is going to be the handiest thing in a survival situation, since memory takes no space in a sack, and requires no resources such as highly converted and processed energy, operational electronics, and takes no weight in the pack. Leaving more room for resources to take advantage of this knowledge.
>>
>>33883726
A few blocks*
>>
File: IMG_20170506_222627838.jpg (3MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_222627838.jpg
3MB, 5344x3006px
>>33883726
And there are the police and ambulance sirens. Pic related is first of two ambulances going down highway in front of hotel. Crappy I know, my phone camera doesn't do well at night.
>>
>>33884053
P.S. It's the group of red dots, they use red strobe lights here it seems.
>>
>>33878671
Everyone here (or mostly everyone) works. I actually work about 72-84 hours a week currently and the fact that I had an update was surprising, even for myself.
>>
File: Answering.jpg (29KB, 585x196px) Image search: [Google]
Answering.jpg
29KB, 585x196px
Also, sorry for not answering this Anon. My brain has been kind of friend and I had some obvious errors. Thank you for picking them out so I can fix them!
>>
>>33883726
>>33883752
>>33884053
>>33884068
be safe
>>
>>33879935
>/k/oko

Proof?
Are you the legend?
>>
>>33880122
literally the best kind.
>>
>>33882057
It's like you wanted to write from inside RoadAnon's story, but your dialogue is close to Mining.
>>
>>33878234

Alright, so, I happened to hear in a thread on another board a few weeks ago from an aquantiance of mine, Cmdr_L, that he's been posting his newest stuff on /k/. Didn't really think much of it. Fast forward to now and I decide to browse here for the first time in a few monthsx and what do I find but a writefaggotry general on /k/. And I also see that you don't mind posts of things that are only even only tangibly related to /k/ discussion topics. So for that I decided I'd shill some of my own work here.

Clipped Wings - https://pastebin.com/hrppTv4t
(Sci-Fi short story based in a universe I made up for a smut fic that has gotten larger than I planned. This one is non smut and the most /k/ related thing I have published right now.)

I hope some of you enjoy and I will be sticking around to read some of this great looking stuff you guys have produced.
>>
>>33884579
Oh, that was me.

I hoped you saw that. I want you to better your writing.
>>
File: 1493968684266.png (3MB, 1440x1490px) Image search: [Google]
1493968684266.png
3MB, 1440x1490px
>>33885207
Gonna read this next.
>>
>>33882504
Characters can't know what the author doesn't know. You don't really see books on making pharacutecuals like morphine, chloroform, austere medicine, ammunition from scratch, creating biofuels, etc at Barnes and Noble.

Lucifer's Hammer had a character with a bitchin' how to from dirt and sticks tier library, but like I said, you don't normally see that browsing B&N.

A few books like The Knowledge, Opium for the Masses, Improvised Medicine, Ammunition Making, The Ultimate Sniper and such would go a long way towards making a new dark age maybe not as dark and not as long.
>>
File: DSC00825.jpg (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00825.jpg
126KB, 640x480px
>>33885171
Unless you want some other form of "proof"

Hell, I thought just having the same trip I did when McNig suggested it would be enough.
>>
>>33885207
I really need to do an update for /xeno/...
>>
>>33885207
I always love a "Humanity Fuck Yeah" story that involves dicking qt3.14 alien grills, and this one's pretty well written
>>
>>33885184
Im still a little scared desu
>>
File: 1472870118530_0.png (457KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1472870118530_0.png
457KB, 792x792px
>>33885639
Yes please
>>
>>33885207
god

bless

texas
>>
File: ZWy0mf5.jpg (93KB, 640x925px) Image search: [Google]
ZWy0mf5.jpg
93KB, 640x925px
>>33885945
>>
File: C_KYZaDUMAEBp88.jpg (124KB, 878x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C_KYZaDUMAEBp88.jpg
124KB, 878x1199px
>>33878559
>>
>>33886432
Lewd!
>>
>>33885916
University finals has been a real bitch this year. Hard to make time to write anything but papers. But that's all over next week so I should be able to up my writing output.
>>
Updating in a few minutes, I'm checking the part I did yesterday. There will be another ina few hours too.

>>33884053
Don't do something stupid, we want more stories. Given it was 6 hours ago, I'm late for this.
>>
>>33882975
nope
>>33885190
as far as I am aware, aside from the idea of having regular movie nights, I didn't draw inspiration from anyone, I am shocked no-one's recognized my style yet.
>>
>want to get back to writing my space Rome story
>too busy with other writing stuff

ree
>>
And here it is

___

"Here, drink a bit !" she says while giving you a plastic bottle full of water. With each mouthful, you can feel your brain coming back to normal and your vision gets less blurry too. You swallow it all, thanking God for this saving elixir he gave you. Wiping your mouth with your hand, you see the mittens aren't here anymore. And it's not as dirty as before. Raising your head a bit, you realize that the landscape is slowly fading away.

You still have a lingering feeling of uneasyness and you can distinguish two worlds colliding right before your eyes. One where the ground is clean, where seeds have been planted months before and where there is just sweet silence and a sweet voice. Another where the ground is scared with a unending war, where corpses have been thrown away for years and where the only sound you hear is the loud explosions of shells and the screams of wounded men.
>>
>>33886627

Slowly, you manage to stand up on your own, using the thing behind you as support. Looking down on your legs, you realize it is an illusion so real you could scream with terror. You two legs clothed in jeans are still here, as well as your boots. But you only have one foot left clothed in muddy boots. The other one is torn apart, lying a few meters away from you, with the bone showing off.
You try to suppress it but you puke.

You drink another bottle of water, hoping this one will chase away the nightmare you are forced to see. It does nothing but alleviate your thirst, leaving you hydrated and frustated. You close your eyes, hoping it will make the afterimage go away. When you open them again, slowly as if you were scared of what you would see, the landscape has changed completely. The earth has been torn apart but there's not much left now. No dead trees, no holes, no barbed wire. The sound has changed too. Instead of the shells announcing their arrival, you can make out a deep and slow rumble in the distance, behind the fog.
>>
File: ianstreetsweeping.png (283KB, 502x697px) Image search: [Google]
ianstreetsweeping.png
283KB, 502x697px
>>33886594
there are a FEW writefags who greentext EVERY point. I know ATAnnie would write some shit about a movie night, emotional conflicts, or whatever, in any case, when you greentext EVERYTHING it gets a little indistinct, of course it's maybe better than a certain tactic or certain environmental effects giving who you are away, but I haven't read anything recently enough to come to mind all that well from whoever else of the "not too frequent" gang.

>>33886604
>Written some more material. Certainly enough for a whole night's posting.
That writing happens a lot slower when I pre-write that shit.
>finishing a previously suspended story before continuing what certainly seems to be a popular one.
>mfw what I want to do on the later story keeps coming to mind while I'm trying to write a paranoid character.
>>
>>33886631

I get paid for one, I don't paid for the other.

I want to write about Space Romans god dammit.
>>
>>33886631
>there are a FEW writefags who greentext EVERY point.
I wasn't referring to the greentexting
>>
>>33886630

You right hand grasp instinctively Jane's, your left arm isn't there anymore. Looking over your shoulder to see if it has been thrown away, your gaze lands on a couple of people. In gray, with a distinctive steel helmet, is a soldier, the eyes filled to the brim with pure terror. He's trembling with all his bones, the hands thightly clutched on a rifle. Beside him is a girl. Blue eyes, blonde hair, evidently young. What more could he wish for ? The girls is beside him, grasping on his shoulder. They are speaking, their lips are moving, but you can't hear them. You don't want to either.

Looking back in front of you, you can distinguish forms coming at you through the thick layer of gray. They seem like mastodonts, slow but unstoppable once set on their way.There are smaller figures all around them, like Santa and his elves. With each passing moment, you can make out more details, until finally you recognize them. Tanks. Coming at you with all their might and flanked by men willing to end this war now and go home. On your left, on your right, more and more soldiers are massing inside the trench. Some seem young and desperate, other would have lived here and it wouldn't have surprised you. You keep and eye on the couple, hoping they live through it.
>>
>>33886653
And that is for now. As usual, rate, throw cnstructive tomatoes, etc... I'm trying to get a bit more in descriptive and emotions as I think my early chapters had them, but it wasn't that "speaking" when reading.
>>
>>33885113
I didn't think I was in any kind of danger, just thought it would be an interesting update. Then you for your concern though.
>>
>>33886655
those digits... whoa

also, nice update!
>>
>>33886592
Thank you, but I really doubt we were in danger. Probably just some random individual settling an argument the worst way. Hope everyone involved with it is alright though.
>>
>>33882015
>10 hours
>3 guesses
>zero comments about the story
this was supposed to be fun
>>
>>33886714
i have no idea cause i only read a little bit of the things here. and...

I'd sorta feel more rude if i guessed wrong
>>
File: 1494011745537.png (48KB, 379x520px) Image search: [Google]
1494011745537.png
48KB, 379x520px
>>33886655
Nice get. Where can I read the rest of this, Its a strange feeling starting from the middle of a story, consider linking it in the initial post next time.
>>33886714
When no one guesses right you win. "Lol I forgot!" about my new gun with spirit for a month. I get its supposed to be a one off story but I'm having trouble believing that unless the owner is a legit autist or has early onset Alzheimers .
>>
>>33886778
Here's the whole bin : https://pastebin.com/KP1xGdAy
Each "upadte" is separated by a __ so you know where you can start from.
If you read the early Trench arc, you can just continue, other wise I'd advise startgin from line 268.
>>
>>33886778
>"Lol I forgot!" about my new gun with spirit for a month. I get its supposed to be a one off story but I'm having trouble believing that unless the owner is a legit autist or has early onset Alzheimers .
the general idea I was going for was that every time Anon was about to carry out the introductions something either distracted him or he somehow got the idea that the M71 wanted to be left alone ATM/something along those lines. I wanted to let the readers draw their own conclusions about what wasn't said in the story for two reasons: number one is that explaining all of the instances when he was about to do it but didn't because of X, Y or Z would have made story...I can't find the right word for it, but in essence I felt that explaining everything would have made the story something I myself wouldn't want to read, the second reason is that if I go into that much detail the risk of something not making sense to the readers & it would put them off would have been too great.
>>
File: 1448850115927.png (594KB, 1329x971px) Image search: [Google]
1448850115927.png
594KB, 1329x971px
>>33881929
Werewolves, huh?
>>
>>33887372
Wasn't that part of some sort of comic project about the soulsborne continuous universe?
>>
File: IMG_20170507_081523.jpg (1MB, 3589x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170507_081523.jpg
1MB, 3589x3006px
An hour into our drive home, and we pull into a Love truck stop to refuel when out boss his us with the bombshell that we might be going to Arkansas anyway...TDW might be on a longer hiatus than planned, sorry gang. On the plus side I got a Mississippi shot glass.
(No I don't really drink, just get them for souvenirs for the states I go on storm work for)
>>
>>33887415
Our boss*
Hits us*
Sorry, I'm still half asleep.
>>
File: The burning of Old Yarhnam.png (2MB, 812x3268px) Image search: [Google]
The burning of Old Yarhnam.png
2MB, 812x3268px
>>33887401
Nah, it was just a bit taken from this
>>
>>33887415
Yep, it's confirmed, heading to Little Rock, Arkansas.
>>
>>33887512
That's part of it! So I wasn't imagining its existence!
>>
File: done.jpg (165KB, 850x812px) Image search: [Google]
done.jpg
165KB, 850x812px
one thread down, previous one on the works
>>
>>33888486
What would we do without you Polybius?
>>
>>33888592
Die. Probably. Or descend into chaos.
>>
>>33886880
I don't understand how you are clear and distinct when just typing to us, and so meandering when typing a story.

>>33888604
>as if we don't already have chaos all around us
>>
>>33888665
but are we chaos ourselves?
>>
>>33888682
>aren't we chaos ourselves
>>
File: serioushresy.jpg (62KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
serioushresy.jpg
62KB, 599x599px
>>33888700
A good react, but I quoth not the khorn, I merely as if we are chaos ourselves. Different connotation, and as you can see, if this is the work of chaos forces... then I've seen some heresy.
>>
>>33888665
>I don't understand how you are clear and distinct when just typing to us, and so meandering when typing a story.
what do you mean by "meandering"?
>>
File: The_happening.jpg (157KB, 540x1100px) Image search: [Google]
The_happening.jpg
157KB, 540x1100px
>>33888700
stop being an agent of chaos, heretic. Let's go back to the happening.
>>
>try write AT
>don't have a single fucking idea on what to do
>proceed to bash head in keyboard and tab in and out between empty word document and video of a civic making a holden Monaro looking like a van

B-back to JT I guess...
>>
>>33888717
If heretical it may be, allow my bolter to assist thee.

>>33888726
You mention the same phrase more than 5 times, just pointing out that she was told to be downstairs.

Your run on sentences grate the eye (>After he brought you home he brought you down here and said he'd come back to clean you in a while, but then after two hours when you went up to see what all the noice was about you found him watching some movie with his other guns, as soon as he saw you he told you to go back to basement and not to come out until he tells you otherwise - that is only one example)

Dialogue don't flow good.

I don't want to be a dick. I don't. But you asked.
>>
>>33888768
AT is at a point where they're trying to get the guns BACK, right?

Take a few that live in one nearby area, and explore shenanigans with giving them back.
>>
>>33888826
Yeah, and the kolibri pistol is a cute
>>
>>33888881
six digits... NOW
>>
>>33888826
Yeah, returns. There is sort of that and then the PTRS' last adventure and then this "arc" is finished
>>
>>33888808
>You mention the same phrase more than 5 times, just pointing out that she was told to be downstairs.
what do you want me to do, mention it once and make everyone around the M71 able to read minds?

>Your run on sentences grate the eye
then let's see how you would write it, should I perhaps put a period. after. every. word. would. that. be. better.?.

>I don't want to be a dick. I don't.
then *don't* be, how simple is that?

>But you asked.
I asked about what you meant by "meandering", none of the meanings of the word I could find describes the 'issues' you pointed out.
>>
File: 1493975864837.png (100KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
1493975864837.png
100KB, 241x207px
>>33888912
>asks for criticism
>can't actually take criticism
>>
>>33885639
>>33886444

You and me both brother. Who knew being a productive member of society meant I would have to indefinitely postpone my xeno writefaggotry. I guess it doesn't help that I spend way more time than I should on 4chan. Best of luck to you with your finals.
>>
>>33889031
>>asks for criticism
>>can't actually take criticism
constructive criticism would be appreciated, shit (I'm sorry, 'criticism'-) like "X sucks" achieves nothing aside from annoying the recipient, can you wrap your brain around a concept like that or should I draw you a chart?
>>
>>33888912
Sue me. I was phoneposting, just woke up, and am only just now having my coffee. For that, fuck you.

1. Mention it in 5 different ways if you must. The same phrase gets a bit monotonous.

2. After he brought you home, he brought you down here and said he'd "come back to clean you in a while." At least two hours passed by without...well, much of anything happening. Noise filtered down from upstairs. Instead of waiting longer, you decided to see what all the noise was about. You found him watching some movie with his other guns. As soon as he saw you, he told you to go back to basement and not to come out until he tells you otherwise.

3. See >>opening statement to post

4. Meandering - circuitous and redundant. In this case, I meant that you said the same shit multiple times without going anywhere.
>>
>>33889278
>Mention it in 5 different ways if you must. The same phrase gets a bit monotonous.
and get complaints about how the character says five different things when describing the same event (has actually happened before)?

>2. After he brought you home, he brought you down here and said he'd "come back to clean you in a while." At least two hours passed by without...well, much of anything happening. Noise filtered down from upstairs. Instead of waiting longer, you decided to see what all the noise was about. You found him watching some movie with his other guns. As soon as he saw you, he told you to go back to basement and not to come out until he tells you otherwise.

you're right, it's much better that way, my excuse is that it was 3 AM when I wrote it.
>>
Jeez, you guys run through these threads faster than I can think of insperation.
>>
>>33889383
If it wasn't for finals, I'd have dropped something already. Only uptick, is that I'll have plenty to do right afterwards before I begin rotations.
>>
>>33889376
Dude, you won't please everyone. If they complain about saying one thing five times or five things about that one time, it just goes to show that everyone has preference differences.

As far as 3 am goes...nigga, I don't care in which mental state you write. Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and others would write as much as they could while drunk as fuck. The difference here is that they would go back and proofread, then edit.
>>
>>33889611
>The difference here is that they would go back and proofread, then edit.
let me rephrase what I said: it was 3 AM when I wrote *and posted it*, when I feel like writing something for this thread I post as I get a paragraph of 2000 characters written, this time I wrote the whole thing first, edited it into <2000 character bits and posted it, I am not the only one here who writes their stories like that, I don't get native English-speakers' problem with reading sentences with more than three to five words between periods (btw sentence can also end with a comma, and I do use commas in the middle of these "run on sentences" people keep getting on my ass for)
>>
>>33889880
Comma splices notwithstanding, it isn't always the best way to keep moving the sentence forward.
>>
>>33885288
>You don't really see books on making pharacutecuals like morphine, chloroform, austere medicine, ammunition from scratch, creating biofuels, etc at Barnes and Noble.

Maybe not, but those books are definitely out there.

And survival literature/DIY stuff is definitely more common these days.
>>
Just crossed into Arkansas, going to be here a week. My wife was mad when I told her I wasn't coming home as planned today.
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (26KB, 1045x352px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
26KB, 1045x352px
>>33890124
>wife

Well, you're doing better than most of us are
>>
File: chicago_by_jonone-d4q46tv.jpg (93KB, 900x391px) Image search: [Google]
chicago_by_jonone-d4q46tv.jpg
93KB, 900x391px
>>33885288
>>33890087
I'd imagine part of it is due to where and when the book takes place, in terms of how long ago the apocalypse happened. Apocalypse Day + 1 is gonna be quite a bit different than a generation later. If the story takes place in the winter, a lot of books would have probably gotten torched for warmth, I'd imagine.Some of them probably just got destroyed over time/whatever happened to cause the end times.
The next thing is where it takes place and who the protagonist it. It seems like there's usually a doctor and survivalist/ex-Mil in most groups of protagonists, so some of that may just be common knowledge among them. In a rural area, I think it'd be more likely that the people living there are self sufficient and have a bit more knowledge on stuff like that. In a city, you'd have hospitals to loot medicine from and doctors to talk to.
I guess it really just boils down to circumstance and the ability to write around it, but that's a real interesting question.
>>
>>33890172
You're looking at the book "I Am Legend"

Technically falls under the vampire category. Really fucking hits right where you're aiming at, though.
>>
>>33890141
You guys and gals seem like a genuinely great group of people, you'll find that special someone eventually, don't give up!
>>
>>33890124
make sure to bring her something cute, altough i bet she would be dam happy seeing you again m8

>its something i see with my friends that are married
>>
>>33891418
well... if i am to trust my doctor i don't even have 100 days left...

But since the surgery went well i probably have more fight in me now
>>
>>33891418
planing to make the gf into a fianceé one of this days
>>
File: 1384126502639.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1384126502639.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>33891432
>well... if i am to trust my doctor i don't even have 100 days left...
feels bad man hang in there
>>
I had a dream. I was watching some woman say some absurd shit, then I woke up from that, stranded on top of some circular structural element high above the inside of a building tossing down coins while going "oooooh spooky ghooooosts!" Then I woke up from that with my phone open and a three minute audio file published on social media, message over it saying "You need to explain this shit, what were you drinking?" Then I listen to a few seconds, and it's me sarcastically remarking "I'm the queen of europe!" between random drunk people noises. THEN I wake up within the dream AGAIN, sitting on a pile of guns, two of which aren't mine, one of which belonged to my grandmother, I start laughing and pick up the gun from grandma, and I wake up here... I need to stop napping during the day. That shit was weird.
>>
File: cute.jpg (522KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
522KB, 805x1024px
>>33891553
>>33891432
If you die I'm literally going to cry, man. pls don't go.
>>
>>33891432
what happened to you? If you don't mind me asking
>>
>>33891960
This is probably a meme thing to say, considering the website... but praying is always an option. Going to send one out myself at my bedside. I've got my own problems, but it doesn't hurt to send out goodwishes to a fellow man. You can mock me how you like, but I do believe in a higher power, in a God, and I am going to pray for him to watch out for JT. Fuck anyone who thinks less of me for it... even if it happens to be JT himself. Praying for you anyways, buddy. Whether you concent to it or not. I'm rape-praying you.
>>
>>33892431
>He thinks I'd be an edgy athiest.
Maybe once, but my degeneracy results in too many consequences... suppose I'll follow your lead.
>>
>>33892445
I just finished my prayer, and also thanked God for giving me my abilities in writing, for the church that helps me out in these difficult times I'm going through what with providing me free food and meals. Should have also thanked them for the Salvation Army, but no matter. I have thanked them before, I will again, and I will donate a lot of money to them once I become a successful full-time writer.

I'll also add that I'm fucking drunk, but even when sober I must confess to being a believer so it doesn't make much of any difference. Cheers, and I hope that JT comes out alright. More than that, I hope he ends up going through some sort of unfortunate medical disaster that gives him an abnormally sized dong. Your poor, poor fuck.
>>
>>33892498
... uh... she. JT is confirmed femanon. but... yeah. here's hoping, and I'll give a prayer before bed at like three in the mornin' I suppose.
>>
>>33891432
You've got decades left JT, you'll live to a long old age. Never give up.

>>33891445
Best of luck Poly!
>>
>>33892520
Femanon? Huh, didn't know that, but penis or no it's the thought that counts. At least that's what my ex-girlfriends told me, God love them.
>>
alright, it's about a hundred yards to the target, I've got half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark , and I'm wearing sunglasses. Hit it.
>>
The Night Reich
Chapter 9: Ad Infinitum.
Who shot last? A question often asked when you want to know who won a battle in the past, since whoever fired the last shot was likely the one who didn't die. In an overall war, however, such a concept was applied to a larger scale. It wasn't a matter of seeing it with your eyes once you got to the point that force on force combat occurred, it was a matter of seeing it on a computer screen without bias, impression or emotion. In about a month's time since we raided the factory station we made a big step in the relationship between humans and acra. The president ordered me to extend an offer that would be considered unwise for a species you've just met, no matter how gracious of a host they were when they made first contact by essentially abducting one of your soldiers. This time is no different, but the order is an order, and I extended to the king an offer to join a special league with humanity which might be considered essentially JOINING humanity. As warranting such an offer, which the king accepted to my not inconsiderable surprise, the acra could no longer be considered to be xenos, but humans. To add further to the situation, the ic'rah, previously focused on the central nexus of humanity, I suppose figuring it would be the easiest way to take us out, probably figuring the core of human civilization would be the most heavily defended and would incapacitate all human defenses, have now made an advance toward the space of the Kino organization.
>>
>>33893833
I'll attempt to make an omission of any further explanation of the Kino organization and their territory, the rules adherent therein and their general characteristics which could take a full page in the largest of recorded logs, as I expect anyone reading this save for Pitra and her deep territory penetration team would already be familiar with these details, instead I will opt for assessing the situation and the likely consequences of the ic'rah making the mistake they're making by advancing on Kino space. The situation assessment can be summarized in one word:Shit. The likely consequences that lead to the circumstances of my prediction in this situation are not as simple, but are easily understood and predicted. To start with, the space of the Kino organization, particularly in the general direction the ic'rah are advancing from is the border space between the Terran alliance and kino space. Being that the kino organization isn't known for their tendency to remain passive once they've been attacked, and they CERTAINLY aren't known for their ability to expend resources on common defense in their space without gaining SOME kind of resource in return.
Normally they just advance on whatever attacks them, pillage and exterminate, then gain power, affluence and whatever else.
>>
>>33893840
Resources are plentiful as a result of this policy, their schisms with the Terran Alliance hadn't so much soured relations between the two, but they didn't generally consider our war to be theirs, and vise versa save for special instances involving mutual interests. The organization's many conflicts on the border of their space and their idle expansion left them with nearly unlimited resources to run their worlds, enjoying a standard of wealth that the Terran alliance couldn't dream of with much of its resources invested in the war with the ic'rah, springing up in the last few years. Even so, the Terran alliance did a fairly good job at combating the ic'rah until they started fighting in space, capital ships generally outgunning cruisers. The Kino organization would almost certainly crush the ic'rah between their thumb and forefinger if given the provocation, expecting that they'd stop there rather than advancing into Terran Alliance territory, however, would be unwise. The relationship between the Terran Alliance and the Kino organization is strained across this one issue, many on both sides criticizing the Terran alliance as being "too quick" to extend trust and partnership to the Pok when contact was made, and would most likely think the same of the Acra. In essence, the kino organization is the true form of what earth defense sector five was claimed to be, to the dismay of all fifty ic'rah sympathizers across the planet. I suppose I can see some wisdom in the opinions of the kino organization and their criticisms of our tendency to trust other species within twenty years of meeting them face to face. There has to be an exception to the rule however, save for the laws of physics, such principles are never universal in application.
>>
>>33893852
I know from personal experience that we can at least trust the Acra not to kill us, but like the Terran alliance and the Kino organization, there's an inherent compatibility to the two cultures, no matter how brief their contact, as they meet even the kino organization's own criteria for diplomatic relations between cultures, being "Markedly different from, but basically like" human civilization.

The history of the Kino organization beyond the aforementioned statement is irrelevant. The situation is quite simply prevent the ic'rah from reaching Kino space, or run the risk of calling them "the imperium of man" within the next twenty years. I assume my own relationship with Pitra, rather scandalous and still a xenophillic one at that, would most likely lead to my execution, despite having already faced the pseudo death penalty that is the nano suit and its perils. I've devised a plan for preventing this eventuality, but the first step calls for a trek into kino space itself to secure a "recreational device." Nothing too fancy to them, but for us, it's a necessary component in the plan, required to turn a floating ic'rah capitol ship gaining energy from a star, which we've determined it will have to stop at, to a floating ic'rah capitol NOT drawing energy from a nearby star and without the option to flee. Log end.
>>
>>33893864
>Jack closed his log, having filled a few pages with information in his own poor handwriting. It was good to let some of it out, collect his thoughts, zoom out on the situation. Of course he left out his personal affairs, only his primary concerns, or rather those on which lives would hinge by what could very likely be the billions.
>To start, the suit still had the issue of turning people's eyes a very bright blue color, which would no doubt remain one of the most unsettling and immediately apparent issues as non white nano soldiers who almost always had brown eyes started turning up in town with powder blue irises, or the various other soldiers of white backgrounds whose eyes were still markedly brighter even if they actually had naturally blue eyes, seeing as the bright shade induced by the nanosuit was much brighter than any natural human eye color. The next issue that had come up is that the suit, at least in Pitra, still induced a relatively mild suit withdrawal, creating a state among other things, of paranoia and insomnia, which jack struggled on a constant basis to soothe.

>Jack looked to the roof of the ship's bunk room. Of course the other nano soldiers, some newer than him never slept, and so wouldn't be caught dead LOOKING at a bed. Poor Fireball. He must've been joined up in twenty-one Sixty-nine or seventy... A post human warrior of all things. Suppose it'll all work out for him in the end, when he becomes a full nanite organism. At least the praise of "doesn't create more half melded deformities like moon man" could probably be sung of the new suits.
>Speaking of deformities, Pitra entered the bunk room, apparently fresh out of the shower and dressed in only undergarments.

>"You look about half dead." She remarked before sitting down and placing her hand on his face adding, "Your eyes used to be so pretty and green."
>>
File: 1478461850967.png (580KB, 1324x580px) Image search: [Google]
1478461850967.png
580KB, 1324x580px
>>
"You used to sleep. And your eyes used to be red." Jack replied, looking into Pitra's eyes, now a disturbingly blended blue shade, which somehow unsettled him with their lack of contrast to her skin, despite their shade being much brighter.
"There was also a time when you didn't need me to rock you to sleep and your fellow acra being in the same room as me didn't bring you to full alert like you've been the last few weeks." Jack said, sitting up quickly
>"And just where do you think you're going?" Pitra asked as she put a hand on his chest, preventing him from moving his body further forward or to the side.
"There's that paranoia again." Jack answered, finishing the sentence as his arms bolted out around her, pulling her back with him as he pulled her down with him.
>"Do that again and I'll hurt you." She replied, her tone growing cold as ice.
"If you do that you won't sleep for a month." Jack replied.
>The sound of a door opening echoes through the bunk room as Pitra climbs on top of jack, her head now at his neck level, chest resting on the inner part of his shoulder. The two stare at each other as the sound of the footsteps grows closer, eventually culminating in the sound of a light body of maybe a hundred twenty pounds hitting the next bunk with a Pomf.
>Jack and Pitra had closed their eyes for several seconds, delighting in the mere presence of the other's warmth or relative coolness.
>Jack had placed his hands on her hips, falling into a lull and beginning to hear the voices from his past when one from the real world erupted from the silence, bringing both of them to alert.
>"So. You're Pitra's new pet." She said, turning her head to the two. "Answer me this. Why don't the others take off their armor?"
>Jack and Pitra opened their eyes and both proceeded to slowly turn their heads to her, absorbing the disturbance on her face when she saw their eyes matching in color.
>>
>>33894308
"They can't take them off. The ones we wear and the ones they wear are different. Their suits are surgically attached and take over or eliminated a lot of bodily functions. They all got wounded to a mortal extent at some point and the suits grew into the woulds. Stopping them from dying, but also rendering the act of removing the suit fatal, since the suit takes over for the damaged organs and sometimes you'd have to rip large chunks out of them to take the suit off."
>"So they can't take them off without dying. Hell of a way to live. I'm Tepri by the way."
"Jack.-"
>"Alright now you two, that's enough." Pitra muttered before turning her head over and burying it in the base of Jack's neck, the irritation on her face fading as she relaxed herself, like Jack, eventually fading back into the lull of subconscious before being embraced by sleep.
>>
apparently 4chin's servers think I'm a robot... should I change my name and trip? Delete the trip?
>>
Didn't get to post in the last thread, but Adrian, I hope you'll have more of the abused anon and his trench gun savior. That was a truly great piece of writing there. Dragged me right into middle their world.
>>
>>33894473
don't know why anyone would use a trip ever
>>
>>33895264
I know,I just like to type "cocaineradio" next to my name for this thread in all honesty.
>>
>>33891445
I asked her to marry me. A little under 4 weeks later, she was my wife. It can work for you, too.

>>33891432
I swear to GOD, if you die before I do, I'll fuckin resurrect your ass.

>>33891839
What the hell?

>>33895277
>>33895264
I started to use one for nuggetfest purposes, in all honesty. There's usually a time and place for it, then.

Secondly, you might try to cut down the wall of text updates. And it totally looked like Jack and Pitra were gonna get some strange before Tepri walked in. I mean, what an asshole.
>>
>>33895620
Walls of text are only for when Jack opens his log and starts writing, but I know what you mean.
>Inb4 I explain the "no fucking in the public bunkroom" rule
I left out the best part of my dream I had during my nap. I had a thread open (this one maybe?) and in my dream I replied "DON'T CALL IT A BATTLE RIFLE..." *commence long autistic 2000 digit post, one third of which is in the name box* and the reply said STAGE 4 AUTISM. I keked so hard in the dream (the third time in the dream I woke up) that I woke up two times later, this time in the real world keking.
>>
>>33895676
Wait, that crazy goddamn meta dream post was YOU?
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 600x877px
>>33895724
I haven't even drank since saint pattie's day, and uh... yeah. The fucking strangest dream I have ever had... I might have a fever or some other kind of sickness I need to deal with, yet disregard because I don't see it as urgent.

Have a picture of Tepri.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 220x230px
>>33885207
in my opinion, it could use some more acronymia, since military and acronyms instead of longwinded technical terminology go hand in hand to the point that few outside could ever understand it. Why don't you tell me what a cac is? a parabat! Jolly patrollie! cuca shacks! fob! see? (combined access card, paratrooper, jolly patrol, illegal drinking shacks for SADF troopies, forward operating base.) You can make more stuff up, shorten sentences, and use terminology fluidly without it feeling like the item in question is being explained as it is being mentioned, as though many here wouldn't already know of such things. other than the distinct lack of acronymia, I think it's some pretty solid writing as far as I've read in.
>>
>>33891971
Second round of cancer. First one was discovered at 15...
>>
>>33895889
It's interesting that you say that because I've gotten comments/complaints that I don't explain the acronyms enough and use too much jargon for normies. Seems like it's a dammed if I do and damned if I don't kind of deal.
>>
>>33892611
>>33895620

removing narcs, assaulting their places/safe houses and removing makeshift tanks, easy af

asking the woman i love for her hand? scared shitless
>>
>>33896776
>asking the woman i love for her hand? scared shitless
well most hurricanes *are* named after women: they swoop in, nothing you can do to stop them, and when they leave they take the houses, cars and sometimes even lives
>>
>>33896776
Give her the ring already, Poly!
>>
>>33896776
No matter how many times i read this but i always find it adorable

>>33896950
Oh we are waiting

>>33896820
good thing you do not buy the latina stereotype
>>
>>33897015
>good thing you do not buy the latina stereotype
which one?
>>
File: ....png (253KB, 472x397px) Image search: [Google]
....png
253KB, 472x397px
>>33897015
>>33897015
the fuck
>>
>>33896709
This thread has slightly different standards than your typical audience.
>>
File: mylastfuck.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mylastfuck.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>33896776
Scared shitless, as you SHOULD be. If it meant nothing, it would be easy. If it weren't important, it would be easy. If you didn't especially care, it would be easy.

If it only involved your ass on the line, and not your heart, it would be easy.
>>
File: 1478061700897.jpg (98KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
1478061700897.jpg
98KB, 600x836px
>>
File: 1477007395034.jpg (918KB, 1034x1516px) Image search: [Google]
1477007395034.jpg
918KB, 1034x1516px
>>
i'm working, i promise...
>>
File: 945c8b88bd851e0279504faa6c69dea8.jpg (414KB, 1200x1890px) Image search: [Google]
945c8b88bd851e0279504faa6c69dea8.jpg
414KB, 1200x1890px
Look what I found
>>
File: twogun.jpg (39KB, 460x354px) Image search: [Google]
twogun.jpg
39KB, 460x354px
>>33899406
>it's telling me to delete everything
>>
File: 845729.jpg (158KB, 600x355px) Image search: [Google]
845729.jpg
158KB, 600x355px
>>33899406
>>
>>33897618
Yeah I should have expected that. I suppose regardless it could use some tweaking.
>>
>>33899456
So what you're telling me is
>it's the character's fault
>can't figure out what to do to him/her
>because nothing seems to work
>making them want something badly doesn't work either
>even cutting/splicing with other character traits doesn't work
And this is the part I'm having trouble with. Either
>there is no reason why you're writing this story
Or
>your purpose is lost or otherwise done already

Is that correct? Also, which story is it? AT or JT?
>>
File: 74.jpg (475KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
475KB, 1920x1080px
>>33899857
both. I've been stuck with AT for a while now, and JT turned out to be surprisingly hard to write without the actual jagdtiger, believe it or not.

I'm not even really happy with the updates i've done lately
>>
File: 22.5.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
22.5.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>33900007
...idk why half of that post disappeared

Point is also in both stories that i know what is going to happen in [a few months from now] bot not today or tomorrow, if that makes sense
>>
File: work done time to eat.jpg (235KB, 850x822px) Image search: [Google]
work done time to eat.jpg
235KB, 850x822px
JTfag is up to date
>folder to catch up
>bin of chap 17 and "19" combined on one
>newest is 18
https://pastebin.com/1qS4EqXS

ATannie is up to date
>folder to catch up
https://pastebin.com/XbWjWNQM

KvsW is up to date
>folder to catch up
https://pastebin.com/Sa6N0je7

>more folders up to new format
>more updates and format corrections to the sticky
https://pastebin.com/5yG5C9ek

>FAQ is corrected and added more tools/guides
https://pastebin.com/gsYuFqb0

feels weird to be on current thread
>>
>>33900039
So what you're telling me is you have an endpoint, but don't have a roadmap. For either.

You've already stabbed anon in the chest, between the lungs and slipping past the pericardium and diaphragm, and he's already fugged another woman, and both parties know where his romantic loyalties lie. What seems like it needs to happen next is a bit of "so, since not much happened, there's not much to report for now, but here's the main points" kind of exposition.

And AT seems to be...just waiting for the great dissemination.

>>33900293
Get used to it. Also, thanks for the updates. This board would be fucked without it.
>>
>>33900293
that pic reminds me, we have had way too few cute chibi botes lately
>>
>>33900293
uhh, you binned what looks like a one-shot (>>33869970) as "this is the end pt6", can we get AT's confirmation if it is indeed part 6 of the story, or something else?
>>
>>33900789
it's correct

...reference with the GTO not enough? dang, thought it would be
>>
>>33900619
>>33900632
Kawaii desu
>>
>>33900819
umm, the bin is plain text only, when I noticed that part 6 doesn't continue from where part 5 left off I tried looking for any references to earlier parts in the text itself and found none that I could recognize.
>>
File: 1456435611674.jpg (192KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
1456435611674.jpg
192KB, 1500x999px
>>33900414
no, this is the first of the returns. The guns were all taken, sorted and are now being returned.

and yeah it didn't work as well as i thought

>>33900414
timeskip just feels so cheap i guess
>>
>>33900970
ffs misquote. first one is supposed to answer to

>>33900948
>>
>>33900970
>no, this is the first of the returns. The guns were all taken, sorted and are now being returned.
ahh, now it makes much more sense
>>
>>33900970
Timeskips ARE cheap, but sometimes you need to use last resort shit to get yourself out of a slog.
>>
test
>>
>>33902350
trying to post an update on my story but for some reason I keep getting a connection error
>>
another test just in case this site doesn't like umlauts: üüääöö
>>
>"Müller, have all fighters prepared for immediate sortie, class 1A loadout" Hanssen issues orders to the commander of the fighter squadron as he proceeds to the briefing room where the pilots are already waiting.
>"Allright gentlemen, the situation is this: we have two hostile capital ships, designated Dreadnought one and two, in the system, #1 has lost its shields as well as sustained heavy damage caused by a Mark IX warhead, #2 survived the attack and has ceased firing on us, whether that is because of sustained damage or as a sign of their will to negotiate I don't know, for the time being #2 is to be considered undamaged" Hanssen opens the mission briefing.
>"The hostile forces call themselves the Imperial Navy, their negotiator Commander Sturm has told me that a relief force commanded by rear admiral Pellaeon, whoever that is, is on its way & that once the relief force arrives the ceasefire will expire, before that I want you all to sortie, show the hostiles your missile armament and then jump out of the system and wait. We will relay you the positions of the hostile vessels as the relief force arrives & designate targets for you, upon receiving specific orders to do so, you are to jump back in at specific coordinates, fire one missile each at your designated target and jump out of the system again to wait for new orders." he continues before pausing for a moment to let the information sink in before finishing the briefing with
>"You are to attack only your designated targets and only when ordered to do so, follow your orders to the letter, no questioning orders, no independent thought required, if your wingman is in trouble and you are ordered to jump out of system, you jump out of system and let us worry about getting your wingman out of trouble, any questions? Good, dismissed, and Godspeed!"
>>
>>33902456
>"You heard the man, scramble!" captain Müller bellows as the pilots get up and rush to their fighters.
>>
>>33902467
>Few minutes later as the munitions crews finish arming the fighters with four Goa'uld busters each the fighters start taking off, they form up by flight, approach Dreadnought #2, break off once the launch of interceptors is detected, showing their bellies to the enemy as ordered & jump out of the system.
>"What are your orders sir?" O'Malley asks as the last F-302 jumps out of the system.
>>
>>33902539
>"All our pieces are in place, now we wait for the enemy to make the first move" Hanssen replies while looking at a picture of his family. According to the clocks on his display they should be having breakfast just about now, just like that time in Afghanistan, why do these things seem to always happen to him around the same time of day?
>>
>>33902560
>"Multiple contacts! Two, no, three more Dreadnoughts, designating as #3 through 5, accompanied by five smaller vessels, 900 meter class, designating as Cruisers #1 through 5, moving to surround Dreadnought #1, Dreadnoughts #3 to 5 forming an inverted wedge between Dreadnought #2 and us!" Lieutenant Diaz reports.
>>
>>33902576
>"So, the "Obedience" took some damage after all" Hanssen says with a smirk.
>"Sir?" O'Malley asks.
>>
>>33902595
>"Those smaller ships are probably evacuating survivors from the disabled ship while trying to look intimidating, the fact that #2 isn't joining what is quite clearly an offensive formation intended to catch us in a crossfire even though we have already proven our ability to stand our ground against the barrage of two such ships suggests they can't use it" Hanssen explains.
>"Maybe #2 is held in reserve in case we have friends of our own joining the party?" O'Malley suggests.
>>
>"If that were so, wouldn't it be the admiral's own flagship that would be held in reserve so that he and his crew can focus on monitoring the situation? Unlikely though not impossible, launch a Jumper with a commando team & have them sneak past the formation to stand by within striking distance of #2, as for our game plan, here's how we'll carry out the first wave..."
>>
*FINALLY* the whole update is posted, for some reason I get a connection error if my posts exceed some random limit that keeps getting smaller and smaller...
>>
File: 1476115925737.jpg (43KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476115925737.jpg
43KB, 450x600px
>>
>>33902642
Yeah, dude. That oscillating character limit is fucking with my perception of the battle.
>>
Considering writing some other stuff when I'm done with Man and Machine. I wanted to pitch some of my ideas to you:

- 80s Cold War gone hot novel
- Realistic take on TF141, basically modern Rainbow Six with more high speed shit
- Maybe some more shit in the Halo universe, if Halo 6 gets released by the time I'm finished
- Some comfy shit about an ex-operator falling in love with his waifu
>>
>>33903676
Might try my hand at some geist stuff too maybe.
>>
File: 1494143218635.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494143218635.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>33903676
Highspeed operator shit would be cool, alternatively I love me some comfy, but there's a ton of that already. I'm playing with the idea of an alternate WWII timeline right now, stagnating on my other story.
>>
File: Cadby Sample.jpg (29KB, 306x393px) Image search: [Google]
Cadby Sample.jpg
29KB, 306x393px
>>33903676

Comfy when done right is always great - especially when the story goes up and down.

Not sure if I had shown any of the sprites to you guys yet, but this one is fresh off the press. Demo will at least have the char there if no facial expressions and jazz.
>>
HEY WRITEFAGS

KEEP WRITING

PIC ENTIRELY FUCKING RELATED
>>
>>33904673
Computer is over an hour away and there is no fucking way I'm writing from my phone. I'll get yall some writefaggotry soon.
>>
File: 1491325561662.jpg (11KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
1491325561662.jpg
11KB, 186x271px
>>33904771
>>
>>33904566
i think you have not
>>
>>33905710

Have another! Will post more tomorrow if significant interest is raised! Ask questions in the meantime!
>>
>>33905800
It's tomorrow where I am, now.

Moar?

>ask questions
Ok, as I understand, it's a WW1 visual novel. Does it progress through a singular character's or group of characters' perspective(s)?
>I'm sorry I don't play VNs much or know much about the concept.
>>
>>33905800
i'm gonna ask about timeframe
>>
>>33894316
Eight hours later
>Pitra lies awake, her position unchanged for the past ten minutes since she woke up. She had finally awoken from her sleep, though Jack had not, and she decided rather than to wake him, to merely enjoy his relative coolness.
>Pitra lay on top of Jack, his hands still on her hips, cool by comparison to her body, which hovered at a slightly warmer temperature just a touch above a hundred degrees, only a couple degrees warmer than him, but enough to make him feel moderately warm by comparison, rather than the near scathing heat another acrani would give off.
>Pitra kept still and quiet, listening to his steady low pulse, his occassional breath, all the little things going on while he slept, much more slowly than when he woke. She delighted in the small bit of orderly rhythm in the chaotic and distant universe, in acting as his living blanket, hell, even in the leg between hers. For these ten minutes, she merely caressed her own personal fragment of heaven.
>"If only mother could see me now. How proud would she be? Not very proud, I'd bet." she thought to herself. Here she was, a penal soldier and a xenophile. What had she even done? it had been so long, three years or five that it was, that she had forgotten. What had happened in only the last couple months however, is that she had by every account conceivable or objective in analysis mated with a creature that was literally subacra, regardless of his genetic or anatomical similarity. He all but certainly couldn't impregnate her, he couldn't contribute members to the acra species, anymore than she could contribute members to the human species, even the deformities they would be if he could, seeing as "reproductively isolated" couldn't be said of them with any degree of uncertainty.
>"Perhaps it's a good thing I was cast out for whatever I did." Pitra thought to herself as she watched the lighting on the other side of the door flicker to life.
>>
>The door of the bunk room opens and a silhouette stands cast against the white backdrop behind it, first bowing its head and shaking it, before quietly walking into the bunkroom, the open door casting a harsh glare behind it.
>Pitra felt Jack's pules rising at first slowly, then quickly and settling, the sound of his blood flow dampening ever so slightly.
>A voice came from behind her, filtered through a speaker from an audio isolated environment within a nano suit. "Wake up love birds." it said as Jack came to and started speaking.
"Moon man. Good."
>"Having that kind of relationship with the xenos? I'm impressed, outcast. Always knew I'd win on that bet. now if only I could still use that drinkin' money."
"Yeah, I'm a degenerate, alright. Say, are we in kino space yet?"
>"Yes, we'll be landing at Grohmler three in just a couple hours, so if you and the xenos needed some alone time, or what ever before we step off into the land of leave them on the ship or die, now's the time."
"Well, it's just Pitra and I, even we aren't that degenerate, so thanks for the heads up. Shouldn't you be checking on something?"
>"I'll get right back to it."
>Moon man exited the room before walking away whistling the tunes of a time long since past while Jack and pitra looked around, Finding themselves in only their underwear and flanked on both sides by Tepri and Jiri, two of the Acra on Pitra's territory penetration team, both of whom slept facing them.
>"Well, you wanna give it a go, or-"
"No. In fact, you're not coming along on this one unless you want to be a slave." Jack stated abruptly, cutting her off.
>"What's with the hostility?" Pitra asked with a look of mixed horror and concern on her face
"We're in kino space, they have official policies against xenophelia here, if they found out I was traveling with acrani women, they'd not only probably lynch both of us on sight, they'd probably invade terran space."
>>
File: Bmp5.jpg (12KB, 393x183px) Image search: [Google]
Bmp5.jpg
12KB, 393x183px
>>
>>33907646
>bsmg
What did he mean by this?
>>
Because I'm a moron that can't into deadlines, I'm now drowning in traineeship report writing. So the update that should have been yesterday won't be there for a while. I'm tryng to at least get a draft ready for the weekend so there should be an update for Sunday.

Also, I'm quite probably going abroad in July in worst korea (so there won't be updates in July. Or will it ?)
>>
>>33907661
the filename says "bmp5", the gun in the picture is sorta kinda similar to mp5 in appearance, that's all I can figure out...
>>
>>33907684
Bmpmpmpmpmp?
>>
File: 1492496500984.jpg (82KB, 799x535px) Image search: [Google]
1492496500984.jpg
82KB, 799x535px
>>3390798
>>33907684
>>33907661
>>33907646

Guys, even me, being stuck in a commie-hole can tell that is a Ump-45

>BUmp-45
>bump
>>
>>33907721
We were fucking it up on purpose you double nigger
>>
>>33907721
I recognized the gun (as in "I have seen that before"), didn't remember the name, was too lazy to google it, so instead I decided to get confused by the filename.
>>
File: 1484964569155.png (110KB, 944x609px) Image search: [Google]
1484964569155.png
110KB, 944x609px
>>
File: IMG_20170508_071904047.jpg (3MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170508_071904047.jpg
3MB, 5344x3006px
Neat picture of a large dam, nice scenery. The shore line looks like a nice place to fish.
>>
>>33909490
Well, it would be if you could see the damn dam. Didn't think the picture looked that washed out and far away. Nevermind :/
>>
File: 1493501700650.png (957KB, 1279x676px) Image search: [Google]
1493501700650.png
957KB, 1279x676px
>Get an idea to write a book about a retired Russian hitman.
>realize it's probably shit and would be seen as a rip off of john wick
How do you guys do this shit? I know you need to practice to get good but I'm afraid to start practicing.
>>
>>33909942
Mon ami, I'm not even a native speaker and I dump my things here. Don't be afraid. Writefags are generally nice people, I haven't met a bad one yet, and it will be good for you to have (you)s.
>>
This is the first thing I've written that isn't tied to an essay or project. Always wanted to write, never had the balls. Here it goes:

Лeв Bocтoкa

The Lion of The East

First came the planes, then fell the bombs, then rattled the city. But Lev first felt the rattling, then looked out and saw the falling bombs, then noticed the dimming roar of planes on their way to being long gone.

Lev tended not to notice events until they reached the end of the chain. It was a side effect of his strong spirit, and a rusty liver. Lev was not too old, but after having been pelted from all sides by metal and mud, at an age when he should not have had that happen to him, Lev needed the strongest spirits he could get his hands on.

One would surely notice the sirens before anything, but the city couldn't afford one. Either the power was out, or they would keep getting knocked down by sympathisers to the Enemy.
(Cont)
>>
>>33910217
Cont.

It was by chance that one such sympathiser came to knock on Lev’s door. He knocked on a few others as well, because he forgot Lev’s room number. This spy was not known to anyone but Lev, and the poor man only knew because, during one of his more sober nights (and with the ongoing shortage his nights kept getting progressively more sober), he had caught the man, known to the city as Dmitry, in the middle of one of his malicious acts.

The man known as Dmitry stood at the door as Lev opened it. Lev thought he was there to kill him. The man said, “zdrastvuytye, Lev. I was wondering if you had seen anything suspicious a few days back. I was unsure if I really had, and until now I was nervous to tell anyone.” And so Lev knew now. Dmitry had spotted him, probably from the light of the cigar, or maybe it was his eyes. He wanted to know if Lev had really noticed him. To kill him immediately would have drawn so much more attention. But now, after some silence, both had the suspicion someone might end up dead in this room today. Lev owned a nagant revolver, given to him by a good neighbor who had fled to the east. He also had his spirit, and his spirits. The nagant, however, was tucked in a drawer by his bed, so Lev did the next best thing: He invited Dmitry inside.
>>
>>33902642
let's see if I can post the update properly now
>>
>>33910652
FFS what is wrong with this site today...
>>
>>33910231
Looking for criticism by the way
>>
>>33909942
I ran across an article last night (I was drunk and didn't write anything down) that said that literally handwritten copying of an author's book helps the best. Allow me to clarify.

>find author you want to write more like
>for 20 minutes a day, write their words in a notebook, and do NOT skip lines, words, or chapters
>literally you copy that book, 20 minutes at a time
>after the 20 minutes, write your own shit for an hour or two
>if you finish their book, move on to the next one
>you should see noticeable differences in about two weeks
>huge differences in a month or two
>keep trucking and find YOUR voice

So yeah, fun article.
>>
>>33909942

I'm writing a two-bit ripoff of Supernatural, yours certainly can't be worse than my tripe
>>
>>33910933
I thought you weren't done and I waited for the next bit.

The first part flowed intuitively. Perhaps saying a bit too much "Lev" but it didn't bother me on the first three readings.

The second part was more like a big cake. You know there's a bunch of things inside but it's a bit too compact. I did the mistake early on with my 10-lines paragraphs. Spacing it out gives the story a more "flowing" feeling and you go through chapters with ease.

I like that you wrote in thrid person but still manage to convey the protagonist's emotions naturally. I can't seem to manage to do it.

Overall, I like it. Is it just a little part or will there be more ? It reminds me of "This war of mine", don't know if it inspired you for the ambiance.
>>
>>33910941
am I seriously the only one who gets a connection error if there are more than four lines in a post?
>>
>>33911019
Well, seeing how we post without trouble, seems like it. Don't know why you can't though. If you're using Wi-fi, perhaps it's the signal's strength. Or your ethernet cable isn't that young anymore. Or the box you have is going crazy. If using CPL, high-voltage house equipments such as washing machine can disturb the connection. Otherwise, it's a problem with the cable coming to your house.
I wish I could help more.
>>
>>33911052
speedtest shows 10Mbps symmetric with 2ms latency as usual, changing browser doesn't help either
>>
>>33911130
I'm phoneposting, so maybe that. I also use clover instead of the native browser.

Are you using a computer?
>>
>>33910996
Thanks so much man. I'll look into editing it.
I wasn't actually consciously thinking about This War of Mine but now that I think about it, it kinda fits. I actually wrote this while thinking about a Russian show I was watching at the time, called "Seventeen Moments of Spring". Its not that similar though, since the show is about a soviet double agent in the Gestapo.
I plan on writing more, hopefully turning this into a full novel, but my ideas about the entire plot are super rough at the moment.
>>
>>33911223
tried posting a lenghty post from my phone, first I was told that the server thinks I am a bot & told to complete a captcha, after which I was told that my ISP, IP-range or country has been blocked because of abuse, wonderfull...
>>
>>33910996
>>33911231
Also adding onto my previous post, my basic idea was to have a grumpy wwi veteran forced to defend himself and his town from fascists (and maybe Soviets alike, something with conscripts and total war). So I guess its got a bit of seven samurai influence as well. I was thinking I would add more and more exposition as the story progressed, and include flashbacks of Lev during wwi. For that though, I want to read up about the eastern front in both wars, I know a bit but its super limited.
>>
>>33911231
What I do is that I write it "on the fly" at work or at home on a pastebin. Then when I'm satisfied (after proof-reading and if it met good criticism) I copy it in a word document with proper spacing, etc... like a little novel.

For the plot, what I did is answer those questions :
- Why did I wrote it ?
- What message could I or do I want to convey ?
- Is there someone I'd like to show it to ? If so, what would I wrote for them ?
- Is there anything I DON'T want to put in there ?
>>
File: unknown.png (5KB, 924x91px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
5KB, 924x91px
wot
>>
So I've got an update, but it's not for a story I generally post in this thread. However it's got a lot of good-old ultraviolence in it, and non of the sex that I keep on /aco/, so desu it fits better here. Want to see it anyway?
>>
>>33911584
Post it, more reading material, the better.
>>
>>33911570
Looks like Poly is a hat aficionado
>>
since I can't post whole paragraphs anyway, might as well post the beginning of the next paragraph:
>>
>"A shuttle is leaving Dreadnought #2 and heading for #5 under fighter escort" Diaz reports as she puts the shuttle on screen.
>"Incoming transmission from #5, video and audio!" the signals officer reports.
>"Put it on my screen"
>>
>>33912336
>>33902631
>>
File: MiG-21.jpg (136KB, 702x960px) Image search: [Google]
MiG-21.jpg
136KB, 702x960px
>>33907007
>Jack got up from the bed, lifting Pitra to her feet with him and picking a set of clothes for her.
"What's with the lack of enthusiasm?" Jack asked, noting the look on Pitra's face.
>"You wouldn't really sell me into slavery, would you?" She asked, apparently not understanding Jack's implications.
"No... Though you probably COULD be MY slave if you wanted to come along, but I don't think they'd sell recreational devices to people who would even associate with xenos as slaves."
>"Oh, so... Kinky but impractical."
"Yup. Now get dressed, or I will dress you." Jack commanded, eliciting a much more cheerful response from Pitra as he handed her the clothes
>Jack took Pitra by the arm and began his trip to the ready room where he met up with the others.
>All came to the table as Jack and Pitra stood in casual attire, apparently the only two that were planning on leaving the ship or... putting on clothes today.
>"So, what's the plan, boss?" Fireball asked.
"Simple as fuck. We land the ship, you guys stay on board. Acra stay out of sight, nano soldiers keep prying eyes out, I'll go into town and try to buy a 'recreational device.' Hopefully I can find one suited to our needs. I'm thinking about two gigatons."
>"WAIT, you're trying to buy a two gigaton nuke?" one of the nano soldiers burst out.
"That sounded like an objection." Jack said, allowing just a hint of irritation into his voice.
>"I'm not against it, but how do you propose to find one for sale?"
"You can buy those here. We're in kino space. Anything but xenos goes, why else would the energy readings from this area be so prominent from earth?"
>"Ok, I get it, but... WHY? For what purpose?"
"I thought you always wanted to surf on a two gigaton thermonuclear weapon in orbit right next to a small star and guide that shit into a spaceship to see what happens."
>"Hmmm. Yeah. I did."
"Well, good, lolnuke. Call me when we land."

I'm getting connection errors, anyone else experiencing this?
>>
>>33912381
>I'm getting connection errors, anyone else experiencing this?
I have only complained about it for...twenty two hours

are people filtering me or simply skipping my posts?
>>
>>33912248
Alrighty then

This is a continuation of Enemy Lines (https://pastebin.com/edit/jKYKb8Qf)[NSWF]

"That's everything." Nate finished his story, staring daggers at the Arbiter across the table.

-Chap. 8 fin-

His head was throbbing when he woke up. The Arbiter had done something to him, pressed a finger against his neck that made everything go melty and then black. Nate sat up to review his surroundings. He was in a small cell, about two meters by two meters. It had once been white but now had gone dingy and a bit yellowed. He was sitting on a ledge that served as a bed, with a cheap rubber mattress and a second-rate space blanket. Stepping onto the floor, he realized that except for the drain in the middle and the camera/sensor array in the corner to the right of the door, the entire room was lined with rubber. Probably to stop prisoners from getting concussions if the ship had to accelerate or decelerate suddenly. As he was inspecting the camera housing, he heard a sudden voice in his head.

"Don't be alarmed. I'm here to help you. Face away from the camera and speak under your breath. I'm hooked into your audiovisual system and your mic implant."

The voice (probably Sha'dee, definitely female) spoke quickly and authoritatively, with a hint of boredom and sarcasm in her voice. It had the same speech pattern, rolling R's and lilting accent as Ketri, but was sharper, faster and more commanding. Nate instinctively obeyed, casually laying back down on the bed and facing the wall before speaking.

"Who are you?" He said under his breath.

"My name is Leta. I'm an old... Let's call it "friend", of the male you know as "Captain Thoros". I owed him a favor, and last night he sent me a cryptic message over our old ansible connection referring to you, some female named Ketri and this planet." The voice explained.

"How did you find me?" Nate asked.
>>
>>33912449
I don't know, man. I just noticed a couple days ago when I tried to update my story... dammit, I'm trying to finish it and it's getting fucking difficult.
>>
>>33912476
I just got it now. Can't seem to post large amounts of text
>>
>>33902456
(...)
>>33912336
any comments on the update?

(note: the run on sentences in >>33912336 couldn't be helped, Hanssen is talking fast and adding punctuation would have created pauses that do not belong in such situations)
>>
>>33912474
"With a keyboard, genius. Most Naval PMC security is dogshit. Once I was into one of the contractor ships, I found that you'd been captured and brought onto this ship. So I hacked into here, found your cell, and accessed your implants through creative use of the cell monitor system. Your firewalls are absolute garbage by the way, you're lucky I didn't replace your ocular drivers with half a terabyte of dolphin porn. You should probably do something about that, the next hacker you encounter might be a darker shade of hat."
>>
>>33912639
>(note: the run on sentences in >>33912336 (You)
meant >>33902456
>>
>>33912646
Ok, looks like there is some kind of character limit I can't see.
>>
>>33912646

"Well, that just shattered any lingering sense of privacy or safety I might have had. Is the plan here to break me out, or make me a neo-luddite?" Nate muttered.

"Yeah, well you can't make a virtual omelette without deleting a few cherished memories. Which I promise I did not do, in case you're worried. Not possible with your low level of augmentation. No, I'm breaking you out of here." The Sha'dee in his head chirped.

"And how do you plan to do that, exactly? This is the Queen of Hearts. It's the Conglomerate flagship. Plus it's fucking Arbiter Central."
>>
Let's try and figure out what it is

>>33912702

"Well if you're that pessimistic about my abilities, I suppose I could leave you here. But without you, I won't be able to rescue this Ketri chick, who I assume you know."

"Well let's not do anything drastic..."

"Good. So, in about five more minutes, I'm going to start feeding all the security monitoring ports a data loop in order to... The short answer is security won't see us. Then I'm going to unlock the door. After that, I'll need you to do everything I say, when I say to. When I say jump, I don't even want you to ask how high, just do it. Solid?"

"Solid."
>>
OK it's over 600 characters, let's see if 800 works

>>33912710
"Excellent. There's a guard outside your door. He has a freq bayonet in a sheath on the small of his back, I need you to grab that, pull him back into the cell, then push the knife through the side of his neck and punch forwards. It's messy, but it's quiet. Then, take his uniform and weapons, put them on, and we'll go from there. As soon as the door opens, go."

Nate nodded, got up to face the door and steeled himself. He was Spaceborne Infantry, not a special forces contractor. This Operator shit was a bit hardcore for his taste. After a few minutes the door slid open, revealing the back of an unsuspecting naval contractor, complete with freq bayonet. He wasn't wearing his mask or helmet either, which removed most of Nate's qualms about killing him.
>>

>>33912732
As had been hammered into him in training, anyone who was dumb enough to walk around a combat starship without a mask deserved whatever happened to them. He grabbed the other Human by the mouth so he couldn't yell, and pulled him back into the cell, quickly dispatching him as instructed. Nate set him down with his neck over the floor drain, and began stripping off his uniform and gear.

"Nicely done. One would think you're a professional killer or something." Leta said sarcastically.

"You know I never met a Sha'dee who was a smartass before." Nate muttered as he pulled on the coverall and started strapping on the webgear.

"And I never met a Human who was smart before. But hey, the night's still young. Once you're done with that, take a right from the door to your cell, head down the corridor and turn left when you see a door labeled "Combat Facilities Access Passage."

Nate straightened up, hefting the guard's particle carbine and tapping each battery pouch on his webgear to remember where they were.
>>
>>33912657
welcome to the club:

>>33902387
>trying to post an update on my story but for some reason I keep getting a connection error
>>33910710
>FFS what is wrong with this site today...
>>33911019
>am I seriously the only one who gets a connection error if there are more than four lines in a post?
>>33912381
>I'm getting connection errors, anyone else experiencing this?
>>
1000+ worked, let's try 1300

>>33912743
I didn't get the error until today. Or I didn't notice it.

>>33912742
Particle guns were more expensive, more delicate and less lethal than railguns, but they had certain advantages in space. The recoil was negligible, and they couldn't accidentally punch a hole in the hull.

Pulling on the helmet and mask, he ventured out into the corridor. The cell door closed and sealed behind him, and the light went out. Nate followed Leta's instructions, making his way to the access passage.

"OK, now turn right, and keep moving. Don't worry about the security system, I've got it under control. They haven't noticed me yet."

"Where are my personal effects?" Nate asked, cautiously advancing as instructed.

"Probably an evidence locker in the nearest security station. Which is where we're going anyway. Turn left, nice and slow. There's a dude around the corner, should be clear to shoot him. Go for the upper chest and neck to fry his vocal chords."

"I know how to shoot a sentry." Nate muttered, annoyed, as he peeked around the corner and got a bead on the security officer.

The body collapsed silently, neck and chest smoldering while Nate grabbed it by the boots and dragged it into a nearby utility closet.

"Here's the security station. Go through the door that just opened." Leta ordered.
>>
>>33912761
Passing through the door, Nate found himself staring at three orderly lines of Overlord suits hanging in arming frames. The walls were lined with locked cabinets full of rifles, freq cutlasses and ammunition. As he looked around, something flickered in his vision and a glowing, semi-transparent Sha'dee girl strolled over to the nearest suit. While his system was certainly powerful enough to render her with life-like detail, augreal avatars were almost always done in this hologram-esque style as a concession to Human distrust for any computer that could fool them.

She was short. Even shorter than Ketri. Her stripes were faint to the point of being barely noticeable, and she had a tomboyish look to her, dressed in baggy utility pants and a hooded jacket with messy brown hair in a bobcut. She flexed a dainty four-fingered hand, then held it out in front of the suit, causing several augreal terminal windows to appear at her fingertips. Her fingers flew across them, and the suit whirred and clicked, shifting plates and other components around until its proportions matched the data in the medical file stored on one of Nate's implants. The chest and legs opened up, allowing him to step in.

"That guard's utility coverall will work fine but you'll need a skullcap. Luckily those are one-size-fits-all. Check the autocage system over there. I'll get the locker with your "personal effects" open." Leta instructed, pointing to the far wall.

Nate obeyed, finding a skullcap and fitting it over his hair. He shed the pouches and armor, stripping the coverall bare, and turned back to the suit. Leta had gotten a locker unlocked on the other side of the room, and he strode over to open it. Sure enough, there was Thoros' cutlass, as well as his armor and railguns. He ignored those, the blade was all he really cared about.
>>
Well either it's stopped or the limit is in excess of 1800 characters.

>>33912773
"Ah, so that's what you wanted. You know how to use that thing?" Leta asked, cocking her head.

"Kinda." Nate muttered, switching out the short two-handed gladius-type blade on the suit for the old Sha'dee's, and then climbing into the suit. "We were all required to qualify in an Overlord-class suit."

"So, no then. Alright, hold still, this is going to get weird for a second." Leta tapped at something only she could see, and suddenly, everything did indeed "get weird".

"Did you just give me a stroke?" Nate grumbled, rubbing his forehead.
>>
>>33912782
"No. I've interfaced the suit's computer directly with your neural interface and installed a program that offloads certain motor functions onto the onboard computer... it's basically artificial training. No substitute for real muscle memory of course, but you should be able to move and fight naturally without worrying about the suit too much. Side effects include occasional headaches and an intense craving for pickles."

Nate slid his arms into the suit arms, worked his fingers into the gauntlets, and tapped the control to close up the suit. Armor hinged back around and locked in place around him, until he was completely encased in ceramic, titanium and nanocarbon fabric from the neck down. He tested his range of motion, moving his arms around and taking a few steps.

"Don't forget your helmet." Leta said dryly, crossing her arms and looking unamused by his antics.

It locked into his collar with a hiss, as everything below the neck pressurized and the suit latched onto the helmet, supporting its weight and allowing total head mobility. The faceplate swiveled up and closed over his mouth and nose, and the optical snoopers rotated down and locked into place over his eyes. The helmet pressurized with a hiss, and Nate went from breathing slightly stale ship air to the familiar, even staler air of an armor life support system. He closed his eyes. He didn't need them; his optical implant was patched directly into the four cameras on the outside of the thick armored visor.

"Alright, you better get used to that fast. In a few minutes I'm going to lose control of the system when they do a routine power cycle. They're gonna be on you like chuds on a monorail platform. Follow the map on your HUD." The small alien informed him nonchalantly.

"Rules of engagement?" Nate asked, looking down at the 20mm autocannon resting at his hip.

"Well, it's not *my* ship. So, uh, let's go with "fuck 'em up good"." She grinned like a shark, then flickered and disappeared.
>>
>>33912790
Nate didn't bother to wait for the bulkhead door to open. He punched it right out of the wall, emerging into the corridor to see a terrified Conglomerate security officer.

"Who's the Overlord now, motherfucker?" Nate chuckled to himself, raising his left hand and igniting the gauntlet flamethrower.

The flames roared down the passageway in the oxygen rich atmosphere of the ship, followed by security klaxons beginning to blare as the compartment depressurized. Standard procedure during combat to prevent explosive decompression. The ship was going to general quarters. Nate stepped over the charred husk and engaged the enormous duel-propulsion railgun, blasting a pair of security officers armed with particle rifles who had emerged from the door at the other end of the hall. He fired at anything that moved, shredding bulkheads, consoles and security personnel alike as he lumbered through the service corridors and compartments of the super-dreadnought. Thick plastic casings rained from the gun's ejection port, bouncing across the blackened, blood-stained floors and bulkheads.

The big 20mm slugs smashed anything they hit, three API tracers at a time followed by a high explosive fourth round. He fired in short, controlled bursts, hosing down any threat pinpointed by the suit's situational awareness system. The augreal map guided him, updating the route in real time to avoid concentrations of security personnel while leading him towards a hanger bay. Rounding a corner, he caught a cluster of troopers with an anti-armor weapon, and instinctively fired one of his 40mm shoulder missiles at them. The entire group came apart before his eyes, ripped to pieces by the concussion.
>>
>>33912801
He caught sight of another trooper rounding a corner to his right and swept the man off his feet, pinning him to the bulkhead with the side of the railgun and flattening his head into the wall with his left fist. Flicking the blood from his gauntlet, Nate rounded the corner and came upon a squad of them. Evidently they had had the sense to switch to kinetic weapons, but it did little good. The bullets zinged harmlessly off his armor as he barreled towards them, releasing the railgun and letting it retract to his hip so he could draw the sword.

The old Captain's cutlass sang as he wrenched it from its magnetic sheath and sliced the first man's rifle clean in half before cleaving him in two from head to groin. Before the others could react, he laid into them as well, carving through armor and flesh like warm butter. The adrenaline was really flowing now, mixed with stimulants automatically pumped into him by the Overlord suit. He felt like Superman, wading through gunfire and throwing armored men through bulkheads and into eachother like playthings.

With the strength of the Overlord, swinging the high-frequency blade was effortless, like a conductor directing an orchestra of violence. He ran two men through like a shishkabab, sending their bodies hurtling into a bulkhead to the side with a flick of the blade, barely pausing to shrug off gunfire before slashing another in half and firing off more 40mm rockets that caused entire sections of wall and deck to collapse.

The bulkheads came apart around him before his relentless assault, showering him in sparks and venting gasses. The troopers had stopped trying to fight back. Now they ran at the sight of him, towering over them in his blood-drenched armor. He was closing in on the docking bay. Only a few more corridors to go.

Suddenly, the entire ship was rocked by a massive explosion.

"Was that me?" Nate asked.
>>
>>33912809
"Oh, did I not tell you?" Leta chirped in his ear "I sent a friendly little message to the nearest Rebel fleet, letting them know the Prime Arbiter was here. Now they're attacking the ship. Should make for a nice distraction."

"Are you insane!? I'm still on this ship!"

"Maybe. Hurry up and you won't need to find out."

Nate discharged the rest of his rockets into the pair of heavy blast doors before him, then slammed through the wreckage shoulder-first.

"Alright, I'm in the hanger. Now where is Ketri?" He growled, engaging his cannon and firing at the troopers on the catwalks above.

"She's being held on the surface. Conglomerate isn't going to let filthy xenos pollute their glorious flagship." Leta said sarcastically. "I've highlighted a dropship on your radar. Clear out the enemy and head for it."

"Yeah, just one problem with your master plan..." Nate growled as bodies rained down around him. "I don't know how to fly."

"Leave that to me. Just get into the dropship and patch your armor into the systems. I'll fly it by wire."

The rear ramp opened of its own accord as Nate approached, allowing him to back in while firing at a group of troopers emerging from a door at the other side of the bay. The ramp sealed shut, and Nate let the gun collapse, stepping past the seats and Overlord locking clamps towards the cockpit. He patched into the system, and let Leta work her magic on the security.

"Alright, I've got control. Better lock yourself in good and tight. This is going to be a bumpy ride!" The xeno girl cackled.

"I betrayed my species to get out of doing this..." Nate grumbled, stepping back into a set of clamps and letting them secure his suit to the hull.

A few seconds of rumbling and grinding later, and the tiny ship was propelled violently out the side of the great warship like a tin can out of a potato gun. Nate gritted his teeth and steeled himself. Even protected by the suit, the g-forces were going to be hell.
>>
And now it's back.

>>33912816
Leta had patched his optics into the dropship's external sensors, and he could see what she saw as they flew. If the inside of the ship had been chaos, the outside was even worse. Ships were exploding all around him, ripped apart by the fire of massive railgun batteries that fired projectiles bigger than Leo. The super-dreadnought behind him was weathering it and returning fire of its own, but the smaller frigates and corvettes escorting it weren't faring nearly as well. Leta flew like a madman, dodging fire and wreckage as she aimed for an orbit that would let them descend to the surface. Fortunately with all the commotion of battle, one tiny dropship was barely a blip on the radar of the titans exchanging fire around them. Three ships of the line, two rebels and one Conglomerate, had already been gutted and were slowly falling into the atmosphere, breaking apart and burning up as they lost their battle with gravity.

Nate barely had the concentration to register any of his properly. He was being rattled like spare change, struggling just to stay conscious. Out of the corner of his mind, he heard Leta in his ear.

"Brace for atmosphere!"
>>
>>33912859

"Hello? Hello?" He heard the voice in his ear as his vision returned. "You blacked out for a minute there."

"Urrrrghhh." Nate groaned, shaking his head and looking around. They had gotten through the atmosphere and were soaring over the desert, flying close to the ground under the radar.
>>
>>33912874
"We're approaching the facility where I last found transfer records for your friend. Probably a bad time to let you know that I'm not the best at landings."

>>>

Alright fuck this. If it's going to come and go randomly I'm waiting until it gets sorted out.
>>
File: datshitgood1.jpg (45KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
datshitgood1.jpg
45KB, 333x333px
>>33912884
some good stuff. damn good stuff. I was waiting for an update to "Dicking ayylien grills: The epic."
>>
>>33912449
I tried posting some shit in other boards/threads in the past day and a half, and I only had connection issues like...once. Then I went to solve 2 captchas in a row, and all was good.

Dunno, man. I live next to Mexico and am stuck with Spectrum/TWC. By rights, I should have issues connecting. Where are you? What kind of ISP do you use?
>>
>>33913413
>Where are you? What kind of ISP do you use?
Northern Europe, my ISP is called Telia, ~10Mbps symmetrical fiber optic connection.
>>
File: after headpats.jpg (14KB, 231x233px) Image search: [Google]
after headpats.jpg
14KB, 231x233px
>>33913466
so you commented that you made an update to your storie wich means you're doing your stuff but i cant find you on the sticky, did i wrote bad your name or ....
>>
>>33913528
now that you mention it I didn't find my story in the sticky when I was looking for something to read, I recall you saying you would bin it...
>>
>>33912884
If you don't mind, I'll see about posting what you linked. It can post ITT if it works, and I'll use my name (or yours, if you want) to post from where you left off.

Deal? No deal? I'll wait for a response before doing anything.
>>
>>33912974
There isn't any dicking in this update. What the fuck.
>>
>>33913607
well 2 options, if you namefagged easy peasy to find you on desu archive or you could bin your stuff
>>
File: 1492198057356.png (382KB, 609x799px) Image search: [Google]
1492198057356.png
382KB, 609x799px
>5 posts left
>>
File: 1485734212591.jpg (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485734212591.jpg
382KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1_sr71.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1_sr71.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: mo.jpg (1MB, 3112x2240px) Image search: [Google]
mo.jpg
1MB, 3112x2240px
now we wait
>>
File: 1454337142025.jpg (790KB, 2786x1857px) Image search: [Google]
1454337142025.jpg
790KB, 2786x1857px
wrong post count>>33914343
>>
new thread on the making
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-09-22-04-54.png (363KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-09-22-04-54.png
363KB, 1440x2560px
>>33912884
>>
>>33914931
Hurry your ass up, Poly.

I'll start posting lewds until you make the thread.
>>
File: 1494304237295.webm (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494304237295.webm
1MB, 1024x576px
>>33915090
Too late.
>>
File: 1493547908667.gif (2MB, 384x352px) Image search: [Google]
1493547908667.gif
2MB, 384x352px
>>33915107
I swear to GOD, I'll keep going until you link new thread.
>>
>day 35 and they dont know yet

new thread

>>33915148
>>33915148
>>33915148
>>
File: katy_perry_boob_shake.gif (4MB, 420x619px) Image search: [Google]
katy_perry_boob_shake.gif
4MB, 420x619px
>>33915134
Good. Goooooooood.

>>33915148
>>33915148
>>33915148
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.