[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: czech_venom_and_viper.jpg (105KB, 770x447px) Image search: [Google]
czech_venom_and_viper.jpg
105KB, 770x447px
Despite later hints in favor of the Airbus' AS532 Cougar, army experts are strongly recommending the purchase of UH-1Y Venom, that might be later complemented by its sister model AH-1Z Viper.

Having already experience with Bell-412s from the police service, Czech Army would nonetheless become the first foreign user of the Venom.
>>
>>33442873
Well, since us Poles have told FUCK YOU to french homosexuals and their homosexual helicopter, and looking at American products, parts of which are already produced in Poland, it would be wise of Czechbros to get them.
>>
>>33442894
Bell have strong lobby in Czechia, so the question is not really if, but rather when, and how many. And the army wants about a dozen of them ASAP.
>>
>>33442990
Since we're on the topic, if there are any Amerifags reading - ah, fuck it, I'll make another thread.
>>
File: Tiger.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>33442894
Australian here, don't repeat out mistake, Tiger a shit
>>
>>33443023
Im sorry to hear that, it had such potential...
>>
>>33443023
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>33443046
Aussies don't want to buy spare parts, blame the machine
>>
>>33443046

Overpriced.
Underperforming.
Bitch to get parts for because they are insanely priced.

Anyone not wanting an Apache should look up what they will be using the platform for. It's not worth buying a dedicated attack chopper if it won't be used.

Instead just buy something like a fleet of Blackhawks and the kits to stick CAS equipment on them. That way you have a multi-role helicopter platform that isn't stuck being a lawn ornament 300 days out of a year.

Are the E series Apaches even ocean capable yet? I know Britain had to refit ours to fulfill our operational requirements.
>>
I defecated a thread:
>>33443072
>>
>>33443046
Mechanically nothing other than the fact the Aus ones are worn the fuck out and they won't buy spare parts.

Doctrinally it's slow, underarmed for its intended role, and has dick-all for sensors or the ability to add sensors.
>>
>>33443051
>Aussies don't want to buy spare parts, blame the machine
You lied. You lied horribly.
Ausies spent fuckload of money on the program, even I know that.
>>
>>33443051
>Aussies don't want to buy spare parts, blame the machine

It's supply chain is based on idea of eternal peace, just like with Not an Helicopter for 90's. Some user deploys few helicopters, spare part deliveries to other users fall behind schedule.
>>
>>33442873
>UH-1Y Venom, that might be later complemented by its sister model AH-1Z Viper

The AH-1 and UH-1 are completely different aircraft. One is an actual attack aircraft the other is a Huey with an identity crisis.
>>
>>33443402
Cobra and Huey are different aircraft. Viper and Venom are 86% the same damn thing. That's why Czechs are determined to get both, and cut the maintenance costs.
>>
>>33443594
No the Venom and Viper are not the same thing. They have the same engines and some of the same instruments but the similarities end there.

The UH-1Y is primarily a transport aircraft that you can bolt guns and rockets onto if need be.

AH-1Z is an attack helicopter, and only an attack helicopter.
>>
>>33444764

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1_upgrade_program#Common

I'm also sorry to break it to you that Airwolf was a Bell 222 with extra stuff stuck on it, and not in fact the most bad-ass helicopter ever. It's theme song is still good though.
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>33444945
None of that changes the fact that the two are completely different air frames with different missions and different capabilities. They are not sister aircraft by any means.

Sister aircraft would be things like the 787-8, 787-9, and 787-10 or the Airbus A318, A319, A320, and A321.
>>
>>33445294

Who's claiming that they are the same aircraft. If they were the same thing, why would anyone advocate getting both of them?

What matters is that from a maintenance and logistics perspective there is a massive amount of overlap, reducing costs for a small country. 84% commonality is massive. Considering that the F-35 a program that was sold on commonality has around ~1/3 of components exactly the same with another ~1/3 being closely related
>>
>>33445294
We're talking about parts commonality, which is why the Marines love them so much.

>>33446008
is correct
>>
File: 1489719258939.jpg (675KB, 1199x803px) Image search: [Google]
1489719258939.jpg
675KB, 1199x803px
>>33443023

>Buying Eurofaggot "weapon" systems

>More like welfare programs for French industry to keep their Muslim factory workers from rioting

Only legit weapons are from USA and Russia.
>>
File: 1421954169845.gif (875KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1421954169845.gif
875KB, 500x281px
>>33447120

>all those Khrushchyovkas
>>
>>33442873
Isn't Venom overpriced as fuck?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.