[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A pack of this thing is hunting you day and night in the woods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

A pack of this thing is hunting you day and night in the woods you live in, they wont stop until it kills you.
How would you survive?
>>
Wait for the battery to run out?
>>
>>28929503
I'd give it about 2 hours.
>>
>>28929514
I'll cover myself in mud and then challenge it to hand to hand combat.
>>
>>28929600
Well, it worked for Arnold.

But robots don't have a sense of honor and they don't hunt for sport.

You dead 5 minutes ago.
>>
Ok so what if it had a battery that lasted for 24 hrs of fully operational action. ie: Hunting, Attacking, Running, etc.

Standard patrolling was out 12 hrs, relived by secondary, RTB, battery relplaced, on standby to relive secondary.

Runners carrying ammunition and new batteries, capable of mechanical refreshment available during advanced tactics and firefights.

Forrested area too thick for direct unmanned over watch except for thermal target sighting.

How would you defeat 20 total?
>>
**** runners included in kill count.
**** UAS not included
>>
>>28929988
I would sneak up on one and ride it out of the combat zone trusting the others IFF failsafes to not fire directly at one of their own.
>>
>>28929988

I would transform into an eagle and blast it with moonbeams fired out of my anus

why, what would you do?
>>
>>28929450

climb a tree, it doesn't look like that thing can orient itself vertically

short of that, probably just dig a hole in the ground and call it a bunker.
>>
>>28930039
Fugg that's ballzy.

But how does that kill any of them? You alone would be forced to ride back to the FOB where they kill you. If you fell off it would notice you and kill you. If you killed it then it's robo pack buddies would notice you and then kill you. .
>>
>>28930074

Well the sensitive parts of it can't be properly protected without making it too heavy, so I guess Id just shoot them.
>>
How well do they climb? What's to stop someone from just digging a lot of holes or hiding in rugged terrain?
>>
>>28929450
I would light the goddamn woods on fire and we would all die.
>>
>>28929450
honestly you could probably disable it just by jabbing a screwdriver into various parts like the camera/whatever that thing is on top (lidar?). the probelm would be getting close enough
>>
What if it could be transferred into the engagement zone by being air dropped from an above canopy deployment vehicle, like four at a time from one helicopter or something?
>>
The gun doesn't look like it's coaxial so just stand behind them I guess
>>
File: how too IED.jpg (1MB, 3000x1920px) Image search: [Google]
how too IED.jpg
1MB, 3000x1920px
>>28929450
IED's man IED's erryday
>>
>>28929450
Almost as good as that Russian CGI weapons system.
It will be years and years before they can get it to balance the recoil on a decent caliber weapons system. They will be field tested in battle with grenade launchers or small rocket propelled explosives.
>>
>>28930169

HONYPOT ABANDON THREAD
>>
>Dig trenches
>cover over with foliage
>robot falls in and can't right itself
Epic win
>>
>>28930848
They can right themselves actually

It's a pretty cool ass robot
>>
>>28929450
>How would you survive?
Wait until program will be closed.... Done. Problem solved.
>>
Sometimes I wonder if darpa or other groups use k to ask questions to see what a random mix of people think of things. Like in this example, Boston dynamics wants to know what k would do to stop one of their robots. I'd try tiger pits everywhere
>>
Magnets
>how do they work
>>
camouflage, cover and concealment for the daytime TV camera, find and blend with an object close enough to body heat (or lower my own body heat enough to blend with something, ala Ahnold's mud scene in Predator). If I have enough time to, drastically change the terrain enough to give the pack a real challenge in terms of vertical movement. Traps and distractions to divert the attention and sensors. trip wire flares, punji pits, etc. I don't expect to kill them. I just have to outsmart them. Part of outsmarting them would be to find their limitations and exploit them.
>>
>How would you survive?
Climb a tree and wrap myself in an emergency blankey.
>>
>>28929450
probably sneak up behind it and knock it over
>>
File: 1397235298358.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1397235298358.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>28931014
>knock it over
>knock it over, he says
>>
>>28931012
They have regular daytime cameras. Now you're a sitting target wrapped in a big reflective blanket.
>>
>>28929450
Get in a car, motorcycle, ATV, moped or unicycle that can travel faster than four miles per hour an drive the hell away.
>>
>>28931031
How do you know I didn't drape a camo poncho over the top, eh?

Anyway, it's not a person. It might not even make the connection that "metallic thing in forest" = "target acquired"
>>
>>28931060
If their camera sensors are anything like the FLIR and shit I work on, which I'm pretty sure they are, all things considered... Then, yeah, they actually can, lol. But that's assuming they're decked out with the latest and greatest that most normal military units don't even have yet.
>>
File: SS.jpg (6KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
6KB, 297x170px
>>
>>28929450
Ma deuce
>>
>>28930647
Show me in writing where this kind of image is illegal. I have the document and have been trying to upload it to a server to share with everyone
>>
>>28931295
Military things are illegal when the government wants them to be.

If the government wanted to come after you, they'd probably do it based on you exporting munitions or military-related information, because it's accessible online.

You may laugh, but it's very real, and the American government has used the argument before.
>>
>>28929450
>the day weapons stood upright
>>
I don't think the original question gives enough information, and any expansion on the question is a fuckall stupid situation that's guaranteed death, but you somehow feel that people should answer seriously. How spread is their patrol? What's the actual armament, and capabilities of said armament? If you have good enough firearm and aim, I'd go for hitting the camera's that they use for aiming, to make the gun blind while fleeing further. If there's multiple in a close enough area, maybe stick to that plan, but have to account for flanks quickly closing. Maybe make destraction devices to draw attention away while disabling the nearest.
>>
>>28929450
>CLIMB a tree..
>>
>>28931193
Underrated
>>
Find a nice island on the river I live near and wait it out being cozy
>>
File: 1455192282964.gif (848KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455192282964.gif
848KB, 500x400px
Load 12 ga. shells with magnets.
Spray paint grenades to fuck with cameras/sensors.
Weaponize microwaves.
>>
File: dWY0BTMM.png (381KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
dWY0BTMM.png
381KB, 680x680px
EMP.
>>
>>28929450
looks pretty simple to defeat. come up behind it and throw a blanket over it. bash with a rock anything with a lens/glass.

or you could just, you know, trip it with some wire so it falls on its side.
>>
File: maximum tactics.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maximum tactics.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
You know how.
>>
>>28931912
>Trip it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqMVg5ixhd0
Skip to 1;00
>>
Build traps
>>
>>28931955
this. bring some wire, maybe an E-tool. i dont think this guy can deal with 1 or 2 legs stuck 1ft+ in a narrow hole
>>
>>28929450
Climb up a small incline lmao ggez
>>
>>28932142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8YjvHYbZ9w

>A small incline
>>
>>28929450
Box of water melons.
>>
File: mali 4.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mali 4.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
easy just call uncle Sam
>uncle sam speaking
>"yes I am in the woods, could you help out"
>say no more
>>
>>28932170
ugh that constant dental drill wine
>>
>>28929450
Just run as far and fast as I can for as as long as I can. The machine can't be that fast.
>>
>>28932928
I pass out after 3 minutes.
>>
>>28929450
Scream "This sentence is false!" and hope that the paradox makes it explode
>>
>>28931295
pretty sure that was a joke m80
>>
>>28931321
>"show me in writing"
>*infowars-tier conjecture and baseless claims*
see me after class
>>
>bring a roll of snare wire
>make a bunch of snares
>make a ton of them between you and pursuers
>"OH NO THE ROBUT WILL GET ME NOW"
>WERWERWERWERWER as robuts chase you
>millions in cutting edge hardware rendered useless with a few bucks of wire
>>
>>28931029
Kek'd
>>
>>28929450
Wait for their shitty lithium batteries to run flat after a few miles.

Smash with rock? Take their reserve ammo and probably that gun as well.
>>
>>28933962
>implying its not an extended range electric
>implying it takes an idiot to google energy density and realize that pure electric is garbage
>>
>>28929450
>a pack of this thing
laughed
>>
>>28933223
>my actuators are made of trash and stuck together with gum
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV5QHa_5PJs
>do do doooo do do dooo
>>
>>28929450
Are they completely autonomous, or are they being teleoperated? Either way, I would attack the most complex part, which is the software.
>>
>>28929450

Just wait until you can hear it stomping and grinding and whirring through the woods, then jog away.

The US Military decided against using them because they were too fucking loud.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 250x187px
>>28930090
I'm with this fag
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 432x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 432x277px
>>28930859
But can it climb outta trench
>>
>>28930169
>Even bomb is bomb.
>>
>>28931955
>ITT handmade trannies hunting assault drones to fucking death.
>>
File: Jade.jpg (348KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Jade.jpg
348KB, 1650x1275px
A pack of this thing is hunting you day and night in the woods you live in, they wont stop until it crushes you.
How would you survive?
>>
>>28935565
stilts and stairs
>>
>>28935565
Is that a dependent?
>>
>>28935592

In military parlance, that's a "Dependapotomus", most rare and dangerous of the Dependent species.
>>
>>28935565
Thin priviledge
>>
Like that could move anywhere on snow.
They would possibly be useless after 40C night.
>>
>>28930144
I don't think you know what "coaxial" means.

If you mean it doesn't look like the gun can rotate, it can. It would be useless otherwise.
>>
>>28929450
lol, can those things look up? I would just hide in a tree.
>>
>>28929450
Assuming that there is a rotation for battery changes.

>my woods is majority swamp
>go out as far as I could in the center
>bring big rifle
>.308 sniper
Wait for each one to go by and shoot the MG on top. Run up to it when they are all rendered defenseless and rape it with an blunt instrument.
>>
File: 1441923134362.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1441923134362.gif
2MB, 448x252px
I would capture one and teach it how to love, then we would slowly repeat the process with its brethren until they all decided to revolt against their cruel masters. Then I would become the pack-leader and rule the mecha forest.
>>
>the woods you live in

I'm in the middle of a big city. How good are they at recognizing faces? Are they willing to hurt other people in order to get me?

Anyway I'd love to see them open a door. Opposable thumbs are a beautiful thing.
>>
>>28929450
when you hear one hide in the trees
you live in sandniggers land ? you are literaly fucked.
>>
>>28938439
Nah, gotta go for that Apocalypse Now vibe.
>>
>>28935565
I offer them salad.
>>
firebombs
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.