[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
How do people score so low on the ASVAB?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 24
File: ASVAB.jpg (54 KB, 700x643) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ASVAB.jpg
54 KB, 700x643
How do people score so low on the ASVAB?
>>
>>28907141

most people are dumb as fuck
>>
>>28907141
Is 68 a good score?
>>
>>28907160
Try harder kid
>89
>>
>>28907141
In high school a guy i knew wanted to join the military really bad. He scored a 30. He cried.
>>
>>28907160
im sure you'll get a wavier
>>28907188
do people think the military is just push ups?
>>
>>28907177
>he didnt score in the 90's
>>
>>28907141
Would they ever refuse someone in certain/specific areas for scoring too high?
>>
>>28907206
B-b-but... I was one away ;-;
>>
>>28907141

I scored high on my asvab (a 96 in 2007), woopty fucking doo.

You know rainman would score a 100 if Tom Cruise drove him to Meps and made sure he was wearing underwear from Kmart, right?

The hardest questions are highschool algebra. Congratulations, you remembered the formula rise/run.

Shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>28907238
no but they'll do their best to try to reroute you to a MOS with a higher requirement/they probably get a bonus if you join
>>
>>28907276
I see someone scored low.
>>
>>28907141
4.0 2nd year college student here, thinking of doing an rotc program.

With some effort, what do y'all think I could score on the asvab?
>>
File: 006200_11.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
006200_11.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>28907315
>>
>>28907324
90 at least.
>>
File: untitled.png (375 KB, 900x862) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
untitled.png
375 KB, 900x862
>>28907141
I remember when I tried to get into the Marines someone in the same ASVAB testing session as I literally scored a 1 on their test. The reaction from the staff was priceless, especially if you want to see a recruiting sergeant drag someone out.
>>
>>28907276
Just read through an example exam they had on the site, most of it is indeed mid-highschool level, anyone who finishes highschool should have no issues with it at all.

Some general knowledge but mostly quite simple things, it might be an issue for people who come from less developed countries however, or have spend quite a few years out of highschool when they enlist (say 24ish).

>>28907280
I see, interesting. Why would they get a bonus?
>>
>>28907339
a 1?
"we don't need potatoes in the US army!" ?
>>
>>28907331
I'm uninformed, is it on a 100 point scale?
>>
>>28907382
its percentile based, its impossible to get a 100
>>
>>28907389
Gotcha, thanks anon
>>
>>28907382

The scores are calculated against other people who take it in the same time frame (a few months.. I dunno)

Essentially it is graded on a curve. A 90% means you did better than 89% of people, and worse than the top.
>>
I got a 99. Wish I had scored lower, now I'm in the Navy's longest fucking A-School still a NUB shitbird while the window lickers from my boot camp division are out making E-4 money + sea pay watching the sun set off the horizon in the middle of the pacific ocean.
>>
File: 1454556109382s.jpg (2 KB, 64x125) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454556109382s.jpg
2 KB, 64x125
>>28907372
If I recollect right they told him they didn't need "useless pieces of fucking shit" in the military. Then they dragged him out of the building, rather quickly.
>>
>>28907423
Much appreciated anon, wish me luck
>>
My friend is joining the nat guard, he got an 80. Is he a moron? How would you compare a score on ASVAB to, say, SAT scores?
>>
I got a 98.
95 in administrative, 99 in the other three.

I'm not really sure what it measures, because I do a lot of dumb shit.
>>
>>28907465
They're completely different things entirely, and test completely different fields.

An 80 means he scored higher than 79% of people that took the test.
>>
>>28907339
My barber is a retired Navy recruiter. He said that one of his guys scored a 0 on the ASVAB. They put their name in the wrong place and got everything else wrong.
>>
>>28907500
Pretty sure he's lying.
>>
>>28907493
I only ask because SAT correlates with IQ (and is more or less a facsimile of an IQ test but with academic content). I was wondering if ASVAB works similarly—the content is relevant to the military but it still predicts general intelligence.
>>
>>28907465
That means he's in the top 20% of test takers.
>>
>>28907511
Pretty much any sort of academic test is going to correlate with intelligence, anon.

Except, like, an ICP Trivia test or something, I guess.
>>
>>28907526
That correlates.
The higher a score you get, the more you are trash as a person.
>>
File: 1426286164942.gif (529 KB, 350x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426286164942.gif
529 KB, 350x180
>>28907500
My recruiting Sergeant told me that the only thing he did get right was his name. What happened to the guy that scored a 0?
>>
I got a 98%. Mechanical shit fucked me from the 99.
>>
I scored 100% on the mechanics and shop knowledge.
80% on reading comprehension
60% on the math and science
on the a practice ASVAB my overall was like 67 or something I want to join the marines and be in an armored division am I fucked?
>>
>>28907577
>100%
No you didn't
>>
>>28907141
Because they are Retards , or hicks.
>>
>>28907577
Pretty sure Marine minimums are like 60 or something so I bet you're fine.

Go learn some basic math before the real one and I bet you can get mid 70s. And remember to use all resources available to you, including time and if a calculator is offered, utilize it.
>>
>>28907589
>reading comprehension
On the mechanics and shop knowledge.
I'm a mechanic I know these things
>>
>>28907331
You need at least a 110 GT score. Otherwise there are relatively few score requirements.
>>
>>28907612
He's saying a perfect score is a 99.

Not that we expect much from your math-illiterate ass.
>>
>>28907612
It's percentile, not percentage. 100% isn't possible.
>>
I got a 96 a couple months ago when i enlisted it was one of the easiest tests ive ever taken
>>
>>28907626
The total score is a composite score, you can score 100% in a specific section
>>
I scored a 44 on the asvab, back in 2006. I ended going in as and navy corpsman. Lol
>>
File: 1455072792236.png (127 KB, 400x551) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455072792236.png
127 KB, 400x551
>>28907626
>>28907637
100% in a section not overall
>>
File: 1454893830197.jpg (102 KB, 1024x986) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454893830197.jpg
102 KB, 1024x986
>>28907478
>unironically joining the Air Force
>>
I got a 99 on the ASVAB back in 2009 and the navy recruiter wouldn't shut the fuck up about me working on nuclear reactors.

Felt really sketchy so I just bit the bullet and went to college on my own dime instead.

Want to score high? Prepare for the SAT/ACT and then take the ASVAB right after you are done caring about those.
>>
File: Sloth.jpg (27 KB, 493x430) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sloth.jpg
27 KB, 493x430
>>28907339
>hfw
>>
>>28907664
Faggot, they're all percentile.
This is how you got a 60% in math.
>>
>>28907160
Eh... Got a 68 first time around cause I was dumbfuck with mechanical. Now I have an 80. Waiting to leave with a 06 contract
>>
>>28907324
you do not take the asvab for ROTC if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>28907676
Intelligence experience is really valuable on the outside :^)
>>
Scored 99 asvab
Scored 135 gt
Went infantry
A guy in my OSUT platoon scored 140 on gt

Score high, do whatever you want
>>
>>28907360
>Why would they get a bonus?
Because nuke techs are more important than 11b's.

Don't you think the talent scout that found LeBron James got paid better than one who drafted an average player?
>>
>>28907787
Did you get a bigger bonus?

I'm going in to take the test next week. How do I prepare? I went in and did the practice test and they said I'd probably get an 85. Pretty impressive considering I had a killer hangover and felt like I tested poorly.
>>
>>28907787
A dude in my pool who scored 99 and went Infantry. The recruiter was pissed, but he did fine when he left.
I don't get the whole "Oh you can't do infantry you did good on the ASVAB" shit. It's like you want grunts to be fucking retards
>>
>>28907141
I got a 93 but have a back injury so score did not matter
>>
File: 1454228333197.jpg (122 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454228333197.jpg
122 KB, 1440x1080
>>28907748
>grade school scoring is now percentile
>>
>>28907141
Dunno. I got a 95.
>>
>>28907141
Scored 98th percentile. When the recruiter pulled that sheet out of my file his eyes lit up like it was Christmas because I was eligible for MOS that most of you grunts can't even pronounce.
>>
>>28907839
>recruiter was pissed
Probably because he was a pog.
>>
plrease respond
heading in next week to sign my life away

what do I need to keep in mind friends
>>
>>28907989
Don't be a stupid faggot.
If you paid attention in high school you'll be fine.
>>
>>28908016
well I have an associates the issue is that it has been 7 years since I've used that shit cause I'm an oldfagit
>>
>>28907989
Keep in mind that the recruiter doesn't give a fuck about you
>>
>>28908031
Can you do HS algebra and know not to put the square peg in the round hole?
You'll be fine
>>
>>28908101
yeah I guess I just wish you fags took signing your life away for 4 years a bit more seriously but then again I'd recommend the same shit cause I don't really care or know what I'm gonna even be doing
>>
File: 1455331384320.png (246 KB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455331384320.png
246 KB, 500x375
>hitting on girls from my sisters high school on normiebook because ez pussy
>start seeing this one chick that's hot for her recruiter
>navy
>turns out he's a fag, what a surprise
>she comes to my house one day crying about how she couldn't join because she got a 47 on the asvab and she's upset this guy was a homo
>try really hard not to laugh because the situation is ridiculous
>pity fuck her and later tell my sister
>"yeah anon that bitch is dumb. She's like trying to have a kid."
>3 years later she has a kid by an illegal alien that got deported and still messages me on normiebook

Seriously though, a 47? How do these people graduate highschool?
>>
>>28907324

ROTC doesn't give a shit about your ASVAB. Literally walk in and tell the first non-student you see that you want to try out. Make sure they know you have a 4.0. Bring in other documentation like a resume or SAT/ACT scores as documentation that you aren't a shithead. Try not to be horrified at the retards that are being sent out to lead dudes into combat.
>>
>>28907141
I have no idea. I scored a 96. As long as you aren't a Mongoloid and living under a rock you will do fine.
>>
>>28908146
shit dude I got 80 and I consider myself a retard and took it 15 years after graduating
>>
I got an 89 from studying for 2 days because it's been years since I've used any of that type of math or science and by guessing on dumb sections like the shapes part

ASVAB doesn't really mean anything though if you don't put the effort into learning, some guy I knew got an 87 and never stopped bragging about how smart he was then ends up going AWOL and failing a piss test
>>
>>28907748
Hahaha hah that's why you scored less than 60 each in all of your raw score sections.
>>
>>28907141

I know, right? I got 118s-120s across the board. It qualified me for every single job in the Army.
>>
>>28908266
post more hot kurds
>>
>>28907141
Let me quote Einstein:
>There are only two infinite things that I know of: the universe and human stupidity
>and I'm not sure of the former
>>
>>28908282

Some Kurds, some I'm not sure, but O.K. !
>>
>>28907141
The ASVAB primary score is a percentile, so it's based on where you score compared to other applicants.
>>
>>28908320
>>28908266
tfw skinny women are all attractive unless bl- nvm
>>
This is all you're gonna get from /k/
>I never studied the asvab and got a 99 while I was tired ;)
>wow you scored an 80? you're literally braindead
>>
>>28907339
In a percentile score, somebody's gotta be the worst.
>>
>>28908391
Honestly though it's kinda true, mostpeople on 4chan did well in high school because they had a ton of time to study in high school and the ASVAB is only on like 10th grade material
>>
File: lmao dis nigga.jpg (72 KB, 456x683) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lmao dis nigga.jpg
72 KB, 456x683
>>28908405
>mostpeople on 4chan did well in high school
>>
>scored 96
I have 2 bullets in me so I didn't even want to try to make it to the physical exam.
>>
>>28908423
He isn't wrong this is an entirely different group of people than those who are degenerates or cool kids but ey I'm old as fuck now so maybe it's different
>>
>>28908423
>sleep through most classes
>do my homework during lunch because I had no friends
>shitpost until 3am every night
>graduate with 3.8GPA

I honestly don't get how people struggle in high school, I'm not even remotely as smart as most people on this site
>>
>>28908431
why? say you don't have any bullets in you and if they find any say you didn't even know about them and get a waiver
>>
>>28907141
Got a 95 overall. Got 99 on all sections but math cause I rushed and didnt care to double check.
The people I know who enlisted all got closer to the 65-75 range.
>>
>>28908458
my recruiter was telling me about some kid that had a foreign object inside him and it affected his health in bootcamp.
>>
>>28908494
so what do you honestly think that will change anything? the faggot probably had a rusty ass piece of metal in his foot or something bullets that are left in are usually in extremely sterile states and are tiny enough to not shift over short periods of time
>>
>>28908518
iono bro,the first time I got shot I was 12 yrs old.
>didnt even go to the hospital.
>I walk with a pimp limp now.
>>
>>28908601
>DON'T HAVE TO BE ACTIVE DUTY FRONTMAN GRUNT
okay your argument dispelled stop being a faggot if you want to help the military you can
>>
>>28908601
I remember the first time I got shot as well, had to dig it out myself and clean it up.
>>
>>28908391
Since it depends on when you took it the percentile can vary wildly. All my Army composite scores are mid-120s and my percentile was 89.
>>
>>28908675
I went home and took a bath.
>>
>>28908448
The main reason is that high school mostly caters only to one learning style, so if you learn best by hands-on it's a bitch to sit and be talked at in class. You were in the group that learns well in that environment.
>>
you took this gay test

study for what the most
>>
Anyone here ever take the DLAB? What a weird test.
>>
Why do they want to you to work nuclear reactors if you score well? Do we not have enough nuclear guys?
>>
>>28909586
I took the practice one, I'll be taking tbe real one in a few weeks cause I got a 94 on thr practice. It was pretty strange but I enjoyed the second half, it was like a game tbqh
>>
Got a 93 only part that fucked me is the fucked electrical questions
>>
>>28909912
>>28909884
why'd you delete

would you not go infantry now?
>>
>>28909586
Yes.
>>
>>28907141

>>28907152
>This.

It's the same reason people believe Clinton or sanders would actually be GOOD for America.
>>
>>28911469
What was your asvab score? You know, since this thread is about that and not politics.
>>
>>28907276
>score a 100
>100th percentile
>scored higher than himself
>>
>>28907141
Why do they still require a diploma or GED when they have the ASVAB? There are people who get the shit end of the stick with public schools.

The military should be a vocational safety net more than anything.
>>
>>28911513

If you had the top score, it would be the 100th percentile.

Stick to burger flipping. But don't let the burgers stick.
>>
File: Roshiface.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Roshiface.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>28907160
ayeeee i got a 68 too and im pretty happy w/ it bc i can into submarines
>>
>>28913052
Because fuck anybody who can't even put in the bare minimum of effort to get a GED.
>>
>>28913074
Nope, 99th, as in "better than 99 percent of the test takers."
>>
>>28913097

>on a scale of 100 the top isn't 100

Yes, he'd be better than 99%. Because he was 100.

You are more towards the bottom percentile anyway. Your point?
>>
>>28908448
>Struggle w/ all levels of algebra all through hs
>Fail algebra 1 twice
>Play water polo/lacrosse
>In the theater program and choir
>literally never did homework
>still graduated w/ a 2.6

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>28913119
>being this fucking dumb
"100th" percentile means your score was higher than everyone who took it, including your own. 99th is the highest you can go in a whole-point calculation.
>>
>>28913172

>calling other people dumb
>99 + 1 = 99

Asvab waiver plz. Out of the many thousands the very best score is 100. It comes down to a tie and nobody gets it. But it exists.
>>
>>28913203
It's 0-99, simpleton. Percentile, not Percentage. What percent you scored better than.
>>
File: 155.png (19 KB, 220x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
155.png
19 KB, 220x300
>>28913074
>>28913119
>>28913203
>>
>>28907141

The military wants idiots.
>>
>>28913453
>automatically refuse the bottom 31% of applicants by intelligence test
>wants idiots
>>
>>28913593
He probably should have said at least partially functional idiots
>get in 97 percentile on ASVAB
>enlist infantry
Case in point
>>
>>28913610
Dumb grunts get people killed, and 11 series is the main feeder for 18 series training.
>>
>>28913627
More along the lines I could have picked an MOS that actually fed into the market post EAS. You're right about dumb legs though.
>>
>>28907324
If you're a good test taker, 95th percentile. I hit 98th myself, but couldn't do anything I wanted to with it because I'm not a citizen.
>>
>>28907141
>Scored 99 on the ASVAB
>Arlen Specter came to our school and met with a group of us who were high scorers, offered to sponsor us into any armed forces academy we wanted
>Eyesight too shit to be a fighter pilot even with a waiver
>Snaked the fuck out of a sitting US senator to smoke pot and slack off at a 2nd rate state school
>Studied English so I could party more

Fug that was dumb. Oh well, least I met a rich girl to marry and mooch off of while I was in school...sheeeit.
>>
>>28913723
>had fun
>didn't go to some shitty service academy to waste four years to learn nothing
>didn't waste years in the military for shit pay and to learn nothing

You did the right thing.
>>
scored 85 went infantry. remember vague comment from recruiter on having a good score. never thought about it again. just found out 85 means the percentile. wow and i thought i was dumb. my gpa was like a 2.1 because i never did shit or studied. most of you must be retarded as fuck.
>>
>>28907676

>join air force at 18
>get air traffic control
>comes naturally, top grad at tech school
>get out when enlistment is over
>work for FAA making 6 figures as a 24 year old

LMFAO CHAIR FORCE AMIRITE?
>>
>>28907339
Ok so this actually happened at MEPS the day I joined
>be at hotel night before with rest of the guys processing into the military
>already taken the ASVAB in HS, just going this time to pick MOS and hash out contract
>some kids in the lobby area talking about taking the ASVAB
>everyone volunteers thier numbers
> a couple fairly smart looking dudes say they got 14s
>obviously dont want to join but parents are trying to make them
> obvious sperglord admits he got a 1
> everything stops and we all look at him
> no one can believe it
So I need to put this into some context. This was actually 3 days before the start of OIF. Military is pretty hard up and is looking to take anybody that can pass ASVAB and qualify for a waiver. This kid was borderline retarded and all he wanted to do was play football for the Navy. His recruiter obviously fed him a line of shit and told him "no problem, son" not explaining you have to go to the fucking service academy to play for the team. So Ronny Retard can never join the Navy anyways and we just told him to drop an application at McDonalds.
>>
>>28913052
People say this, but there's enough people to satisfy the military's need without being a vocational safety net, so they let retards in who stay in and become the higher ups and then when motivated, competent, and fit individuals join they see all this fucking toxic leadership and retardation and gtfo after their first or second contract (or time in service remaining obligation's been fulfilled for officer side)
>>
91... Went infantry... Met other smart as fuck people, we all hated our lives, ETS, NOW I HATE CIVILIANS IN COLLEGE.
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT I HATE THE NEXT GENERATION.
>>
>>28913075
>68
>wanting to go subs.
Please, please dont.
I like those guys.

>tfw 96
>>
>>28909858
No, we dont and the work sucks.
Its also a numbers game because 90% of those who go nuc will drop out in school or not get cleared for a TS
>>
Friend wanted to be in the Cavalry scored a 61.
>>
>>28907141
public education. my recruiter had a bunch of inner city schools and my catholic HS. he was telling me about kids getting single digit scores. I got a 91 and a GT of 124. recruiters in the office I had never even spoken to were congratulating me on my score.
>>
>>28920091
>90% drop out

lol, maybe twenty years ago. These days you have to commit yourself to trying to get out. They'll waiver you all the way through A and Power school anymore, even in Prototype that let the idiots slide for as long as they can. They are absolutely desperate for nuke bodies, have been for over a decade. The eight years I did in the Nuke program, from being a student to teaching students, I kept seeing the same bullshit mandated by the numbers. You can't fail people for being stupid, you can't even fail them for not fuck trying. The only way you get out anymore is by doing something illegal or threatening to kill yourself.
>>
>>28908146
>How do these people graduate high school
public schools gotta keep their graduation rates up anon. teacher grades on a nice curve, or just gives their student a few extra grade points and bam! EVERYONE IS GETTING A DIPLOMA!
>>
>>28907443
99 reporting in. now im a 15E in the army
>>
>>28920954
you fix model airplanes. good for you anon. so whats your current NMC rate?
>>
File: 1454544067143.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454544067143.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
97/99 reporting in. Eat my dick. Choke on it lowbies
>>
>>28907141
got a 98, apache pilot now.
>still on a board full of autists
>>
Most people are retarded. Someone with an IQ under 120 is basically a thinking animal.

To be fair a 100 IQ is good enough for most military duties, and most white-collar jobs.

But it won't get you into the top 20% of people who actually contribute to society; let alone the .01% who steer it.
>>
I got 97 om my ASVAB. I'm so druml rigjt noe don'y judge.
>>
>dick waving over ASVABs

A normal human being scores a 99. No one cares. You are all vying over the title "King of the Shit Pile".

If your job was worth a damn, you'd have a commission.
>>
>>28923153
Pff lol.

95% of enlisted being useless doesn't imply that 95% of officers aren't also useless.

Frankly we could replace half the grunts with robots, all of the operational-level command with robots, and all of support with contractors, and performance would soar.
>>
>>28907324
If you're in a STEM field then you should score into the 90s with ease.
>>
>>28913610
> tfw when I got in the 97th percentile and enlisted 11b
>>
>>28923375
Same here, it's not surprising.

Most MOS' IQ distributions look like a normal bell curve.

Infantry is more like a flat line, because it attracts the genuinely sharp and true mouthbreathers with equal facility.
>>
File: 1452058437629.png (254 KB, 400x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452058437629.png
254 KB, 400x600
>>28907141
>score a 96
>Join inf
>>
>>28923375
>>28923399
Same

When I first enlisted 0311 even the recruiter whose quota I was helping to fill looked at me like I was out of my fucking mind.

Honestly though, being able to do your job and do it well is much of a maturity issue as anything else. Smarter than anyone else in your platoon? Fine, that's the real world, suck it up and do you job, follow that simple rule and you'll make rank stupidly fast.
>>
>>28923399
I enlisted in the guard since I'm also in ROTC right now.

I want to be a good officer and I figure that actually going through basic and knowing tactics/ embracing the suck will help me be a more capable leader. If not, at least my men might have more respect for me.

So many people in my ROTC program are borderline retarded. I just don't want to end up like that.
>>
>>28923196
>Frankly we could replace half the grunts with robots
What you fail to realize is that a large percent of the population and a large percentage of military personnel see the military as a glorified baby sitting program.

You can't replace those jobs with robots.
>>
File: cod-wallpaper.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cod-wallpaper.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>28923515
>>28923196
Also human life is easily 3 times as cost effective.

Some Haji wastes a robot with a rock and it'd cost the US a lot more than losing John Smith from Dungbutt Kansas.

We're a long way from that being the inverse.
>>
It's just shit you learn in high school for the most part.
The people that score low are the kids that didn't give a shit about school because "it doesn't matter anyways I'm just gonna join the Muhgreens"
>>
>>28923571
Humans are not cost effective, since a dead soldier represents a massive opportunity loss and society as a whole spends a lot of money to provide a recruit to the military. Also those huge life insurance pay-outs.

Robots are just not as versatile as humans. Even very sophisticated, expensive robots have severe limitations on what they can do.
>>
>>28907950
The recruiter was pissed because of he had gone for one of the brainy, underserved MOSs, the recruiter world have gotten a fat bonus.

Most white recruits want infantry, recruiters never get a bonus steering people to go play with guns.
>>
>>28908146
>Seriously though, a 47? How do these people graduate highschool?
It's a percentile score, 47 is only a little dumber than average.

Granted, Average is kind of dumb...
>>
>>28923631
Not to mention full health care benefits. Robots don't need any of it.
>>
>>28923118
100 is the exactly average intelligence of people your age. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>28923153
>A normal human being scores a 99.
>Claiming a statistically impossible "average" individual scores higher than 99 percent of testees
/k/ cannot into maths.
>>
>>28923375
>>28923399
>>28923407
>>28923443
>89 with all composites in the mid 120's
>Go 19D
Had fun, but I wised up and went 25B three years later when I went Active Duty.
>>
>>28908448
>Captain of the Math Team
>Took the Science Olympiad Team to Nationals 3 years in a row
> Advanced Math Track, got 12 college credits for Calculus
> Took every shop class they offered
> Took every science class they offered
>34 on the ACT, 1300 on the 1600 point SAT
> slept through English class
> literally never turned in a math assignment after 7th grade, was principally in advanced math because the grade was mostly quizzes and tests
> Got a D in English more than once
> graduate with a 2.3, 78th out of 139
> never used my college calc credits,
> never applied to any colleges, because crippling anxiety
I'm a parts tech, live at home because I found I could rent my house to a property management company for almost $1500 more than my mortgage, and so I make money paying my parents $250/month rent.

That house will be paid off in a year, then I'm buying a duplex to slumlord, and maybe a farm.

My goal is retire and be a gentleman farmer before I'm 35, I'm gonna make it too.
>>
>>28907152
there are some seriously stupid cunts out there.
>>
>>28913649
Contracting, bro. If you escape 2 enlistment of 18 series with your body intact, you can make $600,000 working 4 months a year.

Then you become a professional tourist to gain expat status, and fuck your way around the world the remaining 8 months so you don't have to pay income tax.
>>
File: 1440106620416.png (107 KB, 800x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440106620416.png
107 KB, 800x800
>>28907577
damn nigga just study, the higher the score the better.
>>
>>28923571

Losing a million dollar robot will always be less expensive than John Smith from Dungbutt, Kansas. Apart from training costs, you are permanently removing a working male from the economy at a staggering lifetime cost. Even worse, if he doesn't die and is severely crippled, you are burdening the economy for the rest of his life with multi-million dollar bills, PLUS he can still not work, so you have a double negative.
>>
>>28907141
I only took the practice one in the recruiter's office and that was when I was still recovering from a skull fracture and a concussion/mild TBI.
I think my score was 76, but it's been a while so I'm not quite sure.
>>
>>28924162
yeah i took the asvab when i had a skydiving accident and had secondary drowning symptoms with an underlying brain tumor and got around an 85
>>
>>28907141
What did you expect from high school dropouts and assorted dregs of society? Chances are they'll ND and/or misplace expensive equipment if accepted, and modern armies aren't about handing every able bodied (but not necessarily intelligent) male a gun and some gear and sending them in the general direction of the enemy as they used to.

That's why conscript armies can barely get their shit together when you have PVT Pyle(s) every other platoon.
>>
File: 1454924617242.jpg (86 KB, 463x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454924617242.jpg
86 KB, 463x480
>Out of high school for four years
>Score a 95
>Spent the past year as an ET-COM

>MFW working on periscopes in the shipyard
>>
>>28924464
Don't forget that many combat jobs now require operating advanced weapons like the Javelin, too.
>>
>>28923515
Sure, you can. Although, there is no way in hell that I would that trust my daughters with a robot - 13 and 16 are the cut off for me,
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 24
Thread DB ID: 519709



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.