[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/, i have a question, you do you, as a civilian, have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 20

File: lanternpistol-630x360.jpg (38KB, 630x360px) Image search: [Google]
lanternpistol-630x360.jpg
38KB, 630x360px
So /k/, i have a question, you do you, as a civilian, have a gun? (pls dont "coz its in the constitution", or "coz i can")

before you think this is b8, i'm a eurofag and i dont have anything against owning a weapon. but then again, i dont have any pros either.

i would say that i probably would enjoy an hunting trip or going to the fire ranch to try it out, but why the need to own a weapon?

i like to think i live in a relative safe place, sometimes it appears in national news a shotout with the cops, but it is so rare that i believe it is a safer way to run a country... why do you disagree?

i hope i could get some reasonable answers, dont know if possible tho
>>
self bump
>>
They are Hella fun to shoot and should the zombies ever attack you can shoot other people and take their foods...
>>
>>28733141
GTFO nigger. My rights. Fuck you.
>>
>>28733141
I need to carry one for work
>>
>>28733300
so your reasoning is the end of times?

>>28733337
well fuck you too m8

>>28733342
dangerous job or working in a dangerous area?
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 456x609px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 456x609px
>>28733141
>european
>i dont have anything against owning a weapon. but then again, i dont have any pros either.
Sure you don't.
>>
For putting food on the table, sport, collecting historical firearms, and it's fun
>>
>>28733141
>but why the need to own a weapon?
To protect myself, should the need arise.
>>
They are fun.
>>
>>28733398
>implying there arent masacres in the states

>>28733413
well collecting sounds fun

>>28733418
i get the thing about protection, but when everyone has a gun, are you really that well protected?
>>
>>28733141
>i dont have any pros either.
if you can't think of a single reason to own a gun, you're pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>28733141

I got into guns when I was still a kid because they were just a lot of fun to shoot. Now that I'm older I keep them for self defense too.
>>
>>28733469
>i get the thing about protection, but when everyone has a gun, are you really that well protected?
I'm much better protected than I would be if I didn't have a gun and everyone else did.
I have guns for protection, and for enjoyment.
>>
>>28733141
>i'm a eurofag and i dont have anything against owning a weapon. but then again, i dont have any pros either.
>dont have any pros either.
damn they sure brainwash you fuckers dumb over there.
>right to defend oneself, from tyranny or bodily harm
>no pros
just stay on your knees you crumpet sucking subject.
>>
>>28733469
>>implying there arent masacres in the states
not since the Boston Massacre has there been one. Not on that scale at least.
>>
I live in what i think is a safe place too. But I'm not naive to the point that "[insert bad thing here] will never happen to me". I hope that nothing bad will happen to me or the ones i care about, but I will be prepared if something does. There will always be someone or something that will mean you harm and the police are not always there to help in time to prevent.

Your safety is your responsibility first. Not some random stranger, not the police.
>>
>>28733495
>brainwashed
well we do believe the same about you, that's the point of this post, trying to understand why do you believe so
>>
I don't drive a truck so when I hit large mammals it tends to break them without making them fully kill. Its an ethical thing I guess.

Also protection, but I'm more likely to put down fucked up deer and dogs than anything else.
>>
>>28733141
Because rattlesnakes
>>
are we being raided?

>>28733297
>>28733141
>>
>>28733485
the point was if no one had a gun
>>
Fun protection they're cool. In that order.

I think shooting is mad fun, I enjoy learning about and handling firearms and their mechanics.

Worlds a nice place usually, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the reality shit can happen and some people aren't too nice.

Guns are fuckin cool.
>>
>>28733535
that's a fucking retarded point that's literally never going to happen. Why not talk about things that are actually realistic?
>>
>>28733533
no, it was me, just thinking the post want picking up
>>
>>28733141
Because I believe that I have the right to use lethal force to protect my life.
>>
>>28733141
>why the need to own a weapon
>i dont have any pros

Alright OP, I am going to give it to you straight.
If you really cannot think of pro's of being able to capably defend yourself, your home, and your family, then you are not even trying.

Heres a few off the top of my head, a quick google search would give you similiar "pro's"

• defense against tyrannical government (see history for examples)
• it is the great equalizer, the 6' 3" thug is on equal footing to the 5' 5" old lady.
• capable self defense of property and family and great deterrant against mass shootings (interestingly only happens in gun free zones)
>>
File: nazis.gif (647KB, 245x130px) Image search: [Google]
nazis.gif
647KB, 245x130px
>>28733141
>why do you need

Why do you need a TV? TVs kill more people in civilized countries than guns do.
>>
File: corny alaska.jpg (35KB, 656x214px) Image search: [Google]
corny alaska.jpg
35KB, 656x214px
>>28733141
BECAUSE ALASKA FAGGOT! YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>28733469
>i get the thing about protection, but when everyone has a gun, are you really that well protected?

See, that's the ting that people don't seem to understand. It's not everyone that has a gun that you need to fear. Just the ones illegally carrying.
>>
>>28733531
Are rattlesnakes actually aggressive? Pretty much all snake species where I live would rarely attack a person, I've walked within a foot or two of snakes quite a few times in long grass.
>>
>>28733594
this

criminals don't give a fuck about gun laws

because they're criminals.

See: France getting shot up
>>
It's fun as fuck. It also goes great with playing dressup with gear
>>
>>28733547
well not the brightist choice of words, but dont you agree it makes killing a lot easier?
crime will always happen tho

>>28733553
well the post should be more specif. not about you as a individual, but as a nation not having guns (except cops and military)
i get it about the goverment part, but then again, in europe/usa, i think it wont happen because every country is in another ones business, could happen tho

it is the great equalizer, nothing against that one

mass shotings? usa has tons of them per year. rarely something a terrorist atack scale, but they find ways to do it, 9/11, boston and so on
>>
>>28733600
They can be. Mostly no but that fucker was ultra aggressive in my back yard. I walked out there and it was biting at my boots so I shot it in the head, skinned it, cooked it, ate it and put it on my hat.
>>
A gun is the best way to defend your life, your liberty, and you property.
>>
>>28733634
Sometimes killing is a needed and necessary thing to do
>>
>>28733635
you win an america sir
>>
File: alaska_on_europe.jpg (236KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
alaska_on_europe.jpg
236KB, 1280x989px
>>28733641
He's Euro
>Life not worth living
>No liberty beyond the will of the state
>Property is owned by the state

Only use for a gun would be to over throw the state and he's too indoctrinated for that.

>>28733635
>cooked it, ate it and put it on my hat.
I like you, and I like snek, tasty stuff.

>>28733583
Best answer
>Because I live in a real country
>>
>>28733600
they tend to keep to them selves but will stand their ground if threatened (whether you mean to or not). Not really a problem if you're not a blithering space cadet but livestock, pets, young children may not know what that rattle means.
>>
>>28733141
>mountain lions
>coyotes
>skunks
>Prairie niggers
>poachers
>idiot hunters

Those are the things that I have, in the past, had to use my firearms for. Its been better to have had it rather than not needed it
>>
File: Texan magic.jpg (491KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
Texan magic.jpg
491KB, 560x840px
>>28733141
>i like to think i live in a relative safe place, sometimes it appears in national news a shotout with the cops, but it is so rare that i believe it is a safer way to run a country
this may fucking surprise you, motherfucker

but it's pretty rare to see shootouts with the cops in America, too.

I know that Hollywood makes it look like it happens every three seconds here

but it's actually a rather shocking front page story when that sort of thing actually happens.

It didn't even happen that often in the "Wild" West, really.

Consider the fact that most gun owners do not want a gun so they can hurt their neighbors, and that US criminals lose the right to own guns (but criminals get them anyways, all over the world)

If you think about it for a while, you might even realize that all private citizens being banned from gun ownership has done for you is 1) made it harder for you to defend yourself from criminals, and 2) made it easier for the government to do something really horrific without you being able to band together with your fellow citizen and stop them.
>>
>>28733660
>>28733693
Thanks. Gotta love the south west.
>>
>>28733141
It's a hobby. There's any number of variations. Google shooting sports and competitions.

Then there's the collectors. And the reloaders, tinkerers, custom builders, and starry-eyed experimenters.

It's a field that's as diverse as the assorted car enthusiasms.
>>
>>28733634
>mass shotings? usa has tons of them per year.
the media defines a mass shooting as 2 or more people shot. Dont give in to their disinfo terminology.

Columbine? yes
Virginia tech? yes

everything else was just trumped up bullshit to slander gun owners or false-flags.
>>
>>28733717
>made it easier for the government to do something really horrific without you being able to band together with your fellow citizen and stop them.
Western European governments aren't the USSR.
>>
>>28733583
>907 - Licenced to Chill
>907 - For Your Ice Only
>907 - From Russia With Loans
>907 - Coldfingers
>907 - Dr. Juno
>907 - Oildrum of Solace
>>
File: nazi gun control.gif (196KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
nazi gun control.gif
196KB, 800x1185px
>>28733757
>>
>>28733141
Home defense, self defense and for sport. I had to use my CZ for home defense twice in the past 3 years. Never shot anyone, just scared them off with it.
>>
>>28733757
>Western European governments aren't the USSR.
You're right, they are worse. At least the USSR told you you are gonna get on your knees and suck the big red dick. The rest of europe just slowly slips it in its countrymen's ass a millimeter at a time until its fully in, such as the present time.
>>
>>28733785
you ever considered locking the front door?
>>
>>28733802
have you ever considered that he might be black?
>>
>>28733634
Ccw holders are 9/10 times better trained than cops.
>>
File: 1451572079572-2.jpg (759KB, 1630x2140px) Image search: [Google]
1451572079572-2.jpg
759KB, 1630x2140px
>>28733141
>you do you, as a civilian, have a gun?
Yes.
>>
>>28733693
>No liberty beyond the will of the state
how do you think we live, in a jail and the president comes to open the door and let us have 1hr walk per day?
you can break the law at your free will, is that it?

>>28733717
y, im not saying it happens everywhere all the time. and you are a big country full of people.
dont know, im not that guy that thinks "ohh it wont happen to me", but still it looks so improbable in my country because we dont have guns for decades... emphasys on decades, i know that if usa gave up their weapons, it probably would mean mahem
>>
>>28733141
How many times are you going to post this thread? There's at least 1 other with the exact same OP post in the catalog right now.

Is this a raid or something?
>>
>>28733780
For German citizens, gun laws were actually eased under the Nazis.
>>
>>28733828
>i know that if usa gave up their weapons, it probably would mean mahem
yes, the NWO would literally rear its ugly head overnight. its quite disturbing what quote is written on the NATO building front statue.
>>
>>28733802
locks keep honest people honest. The dishonest will use a window or force entry by other means.
>>
>>28733828
>, i know that if usa gave up their weapons, it probably would mean mahem
if the government TRIED to make us give up our weapons.

>>28733840
unless you were Jewish, Roma, a Jehovah's Witness, a Communist, suspected of being a Communist, malformed in some way, disagreed with the Nazi Party on certain issues...
>>
>>28733141
>need
Nothing is society is about need anymore
In the first world you can do nothing and have all your "needs" taken care of.
>>
>>28733883
I need a blowjob
I never get that need met.
>>
>>28733883
Well, considering that all you "need" is food, water and shelter...yeah
>>
>>28733860
agree
a alarm with sound should suffice to protect your home from burglars?

i think you only should be afraid for your life in your house is if you have done some shit to someone, dunno
>>
>>28733863
>For German citizens
Jews and Roma were no longer German citizens.
>>
>>28733920
>i think you only should be afraid for your life in your house is if you have done some shit to someone, dunno

People killed during burglaries would disagree.
>>
>>28733906
tinder
>>
>>28733936
>if you had a alarm with sound
i mean if you are robbing a house and the alarm goes off, do you still go hurr durr lets keep robbing the house? then again, psychos
>>
File: alaska meet.jpg (87KB, 429x691px) Image search: [Google]
alaska meet.jpg
87KB, 429x691px
>>28733766
>907 - Dr. Juno
>MFW
>>
File: 4chan sucks.png (148KB, 618x594px) Image search: [Google]
4chan sucks.png
148KB, 618x594px
>>28733970
>what is a smash and grab

why are we still arguing with the braindead statist puppet anyways

hey op go fuck yourself and your shitty country can too
>>
Well it started with an impulse buy, then well it's fun to shoot, doesn't help I hear fireworks a few times a month where I live
>>
File: 1432634517988.jpg (220KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1432634517988.jpg
220KB, 853x543px
I'm in Europe too (French) and own guns.
Because I'm interested in them, their history, the way they work, the way they are used.
Because they are incredibly fun to shoot.

The self defense part was a bit secondary to me, or at least it was at first. Before I became interested in guns I never thought I'd need one for home defense, and the chances of me actually using my guns to defend myself are relatively slim (that is, if there is no civil war which I'm not so sure about).
I mean if you run the stats I probably have more chances of losing everything in a fire or being burglarized while not at home. But being interested in firearms and researching them tends to focus you on the defense part. Just look at the endless threads online regarding self defense, most of the time entirely made by people who have never and will never have to defend themselves - and they will be perfectly happy about it.
I'm still happy to have my guns around "just in case", it's a comforting thought.

But why are so many gun owners so focused on defense (especially in the US, other countries are more... repressed), even when living in safe neightbourhoods in first world countries? I mean there is nothing wrong with wanting to be able to defend yourself, but you have to admit gun owners give it a LOT of thoughts, often spend incredible ammounts of monney and talk a lot about something that have little chances to actually happen. Entire compagnies live off it, selling defense related firearms and ammunitions that, in most cases, will never be actually used for defense.

After lurking on the US web for quite some time I began to understand : it is not about statistic, it's about principles. You don't see gun owners digging meteor shelters and I'd be willing to bet many don't even have a fire exinguisher at home. I know I don't.

Continued (I know I'm rambly but what the fuck deal with it).
>>
>>28733912
Thats my points
Who needs a personal vehicle
Who needs computer television or cell phone
Who needs refined sugar, meat or booze?
>>
>>28733952
Fuck man how do you even use tinder

I have no idea how subtle or overt to be
>>
File: 4chan server.jpg (23KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
4chan server.jpg
23KB, 460x345px
>>28734020
the same way you learn to use 4chan

you lurk until you're not a nub.
>>
>>28733141
It started by being fascinated by the mechanisms, and then there were burglaries in my neighborhood.
It gave me an excuse to get just one gun.

Then I got hooked and found they were fun, and realized that the world is way more dangerous than I thought it was.
Then I got more.

Also, collecting pieces of historical machinery is fun.
>>
>>28734020

Check out the Tinder threads on /soc/. Tbh it's not a good way to hook up, but it can be a good way to meet girls for a date or two.
>>
>>28734002
Go nuts man, french are in my top 5 favorite Euro's and I like hearing what you have to say.

>>28733988
The fuck is that on your face?
>>
>>28734002
THANK YOU

that's what i was trying to grasp. all they talk is about defense, like they live in a gheto, but then they say its super rare or never seen a crime.

so its more like a lobby for the gun companies and for collectors. i think that if i lived there i would have fallen in the latter.

thanks anon, talk away
>>
>>28734093
You trolling little shit.
>>
>>28734093
It's less about actually expecting to need to violently defend yourself, and more about maintaining a careful balance of power between our 3 branches of Gov and the citizenry. Even without armed protests or insurrection, it's a powerful form of latent political power. Fits in perfectly with the Enlightenment ideology our State is based on.

Remember that all political power is violence, no matter how you abstract it.
>>
>>28733141
Social pressure. We did .22s when I was in scouts, and then my friends started buying them (2 of the 3 hunted) and then I bought them and now making steel sing at 200 yards brings a smile to my face.
>>
>>28734112
what? i dont understand why americans are always about MUH FREEDOMS but they believe they need guns out of FEAR of the buggieman. (except for hunters, animal menace and dangerous jobs)
the truth is i believe americans are brainwashed to have fear and buy guns by the lobbies.
would like to have some for collection tho
>>28734152
and fear of the goverment
>>
File: nightmare vision.png (32KB, 591x275px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision.png
32KB, 591x275px
>>28734188
>2016
>not being afraid of your government
>not being especially afraid of the American government

are you regular retarded or high octane retarded
>>
File: tmp_2014-14534593759751788394473.jpg (553KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2014-14534593759751788394473.jpg
553KB, 1600x1200px
>>28734188
>the truth is i believe americans are brainwashed to have fear and buy guns by the lobbies.
Like I said, you're a troll.

Or very stupid, probably a bit of both.

>Be Alaskan
>Can't understand why Europeans are such faggots
>MFW
>>
>itt: op is a stupid faggot, probably some bored under aged kid that wants to post a "successful" thread, and he posts the same regurgitated arguments every liberal ever has used, despite every one of his arguments having already been refuted in detail by people much smarter than him
>>
>>28734220
>>28734266

meh, OP here, could begin to walk the dinossaur but the french guy opened my eyes.
bye /k/
>>
File: 1408162813839.png (4KB, 474x413px) Image search: [Google]
1408162813839.png
4KB, 474x413px
>>28733141
Just for fun, really. I don't hunt much, I don't think shit's gonna hit the fan. I live in rural Missouri, so I'm not super concerned about self defense, except maybe from skinwalkers/wenidgos, etc. I just like shooting cans in the back yard. Also, I'm super fascinated by the mechanics of guns. My favorite is the trigger assembly on my Browning A-5. Shit's a work of art.
Pic barely related.
>>
>>28734296
Good riddance, retard
>>
>>28734002
So as i was saying, it's not about statistic, it's about PERSONAL REPONSIBILITY. This concept is very important to the American culture, and it's something that is fundamentally different to many countries here in Europe where we tend think more collectively or outright rely on the state.

The typical US gun owners will tell you many things about why he owns guns because HE CAN, but really he couldn't not own guns. To him, being able to protect himself, his family and his property is a part of being a man and a citizen.

Yes, he'll probably never need to actually do it, but knowing he could as he goes by his daily life is part of his identity. Call it macho or compensating or whatever, personally I find it very interesting and think we could take some inspiration from this in Europe. The idea of a citizens being self-reliant and not dependant of the state for their safety seems rather sane to me.

This leads to some gun owners who push this idea of personal responsibility even further by saying they own guns to keep the government in check and defend against it if i ever became tyranical. To us Europeans -and to many Americans- it might seem far fetched and difficult to grasp.
It's just a different way of apprehending the relationship between citizens and the government.

And look at it this way : American politicians are actually trying to disarm the citizens, using all sorts of ridiculous pretexts and blatant lies (these lies are very obvious if you have the slightest ammount of actual knowledge about guns).
Are they doing it for safety? It has been proven time and time again that legally owned guns are seldom used in crime and that criminals always find a way to get guns anyway.
Are they doing it for votes? Probably partly for that, but they could also gain votes by not saying anything on such a divisive subject (like they do here in Europe).

So there is something more behind all this gun grabbing, and it is definitely about control of the people.
>>
>>28734328
thanks for the neutral response. as several anons that responded as such and i didnt aknowledged them.
as a engineer i think that's a strong point
>>
>>28733920
alarms make burgals go faster. Small timers may bail if they thought it was going to be easy smash and grab but real criminals could care less.

how about having the whole package with back ups to buck ups. So a locked door, a security system, a camera, a dog, and a weapon of your choice as a last resort. I say weapon of choice because I'm not your mom and I'm not going to tell you what to do. If that fucker sticks around after all of that shit then its best to assume he/she is prepared for the worst and hopefully you are prepared to match or exceed that. If you think your mace, or tazer, or pillow is enough to meet the threat of the worse case scenario, then that is your choice.
>>
>>28734353
You're the reason people think people buy guns to compensate for a tiny penis. It's not manly or anything. I just own guns because I want them, they're fun to shoot, and I want to be able to defend myself if needed.
>>
>>28734353
thanks again anon.
its something cultural indeed. dont know much about actual pollitics in weaponry to comment on that.
thanks for the extended explanation
>>
>>28733469
Not a massacre that killed 130 people.
The worst US shooting killed 35.

Personally, Anon, I think the situation in Europe may be about to get bad. In the next 5 year you may really wish you had a gun.
For now though feel lucky that you are deep in the heart of Europe where violence will reach last.
>>
>>28734400
What? I didn't mean to imply that at all, sorry if you understood it that way. I may have fucked up some sentences since english isn't my first langage.

Seriously I have nothing but respect for the US gun culture, even though I was anti-gun growing up because that's how we are raised here. I took the time to ry to understand things better and found it rewarding.
>>
>>28733141
>before you think this is b8, i'm a eurofag

And that means your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>28734472
you like shitty cars and bubbad guns, your opinion is just as worthless
>>
>>28733634
>as a nation not having guns (except cops and military)
The reason we have the right to bear arms is because of the government. If anyone should be disarmed it's the cops
>>
>>28734500
the cops? the guys whos actual job is to defend the civilians of criminals? wth
>>
>>28734521
Just a heads up, according to Warren v. DC cops technically don't have to defend civilians.
>>
>>28734500
ehh... I wouldn't go as far as to say that. By what crutch would you stand when another on the other side of the fence says the same of you?

I think they should be reduced back to 6-shooters, solely because there is too much "muh facism police-state" going on, and cops are too itchy to pull the trigger. Not saying Russian ideology is right, however watching their street cops handle situations without ending in 3 bodybags and 2 cops getting paid vacation for a couple months seems to bring more of a sense of justice than what I see in the news around here.

Just look at the FBI Oregon shootout. Tree spook could of let the cop who could actually see what he was doing take the shot, and front cop coulda waited until he visibly drew his gun before shooting tarpman.

instead of 'heroism of the officers in blue', all we see now days is cop fills another bodybag.
>>
>>28733970
As a retired burglar I can say that an alarm is just a time limit. In and out fast. A dog, a gun, a nosy neighbor are all no gos
>>
>>28734152
>all political power is violence, no matter how you abstract it.
Protip: This is true anywhere there are humans
>>
>>28734521
That's not their job. They mop up after crimes well enough but their job is to monitor and control the citizens. Their guns are pointed at the people and they take their orders from the government
>>
>>28734500
>If anyone should be disarmed it's the cops
I've seen some stupid shit before, but this is near the top of the list.
>>
>>28734572
>>28734656
as an outsider i dont know if you are a bunch of cynicals or your cops are borderline fascist as >>28734573
makes me believe. here in europe they are quite friendly
>>
>>28733141
You're getting some interesting responses here, but remember this is 4chan. You might be getting a weird part of the firearms community here.
>>
>>28734497

No I don't.
>>
Not to mention, I have the best taste in women.
>>
>>28734693
>here in europe they are quite friendly
>Hi, I would like to know why you people from a culturally and historically different country with 300 million+ population and land span that's 3x larger than the whole of EU are all so into firearms?
Maybe you should come over here and live a few decades.
Unless you can convince me why EU is so great in a few paragraphs over the internet.
>>
>>28734741
why always bring up the size? is that suposed to impress me? im quite happy where i live, and i suppose you are where you live.
i have no intent in bringing you here or going there to live.
i just made a remark on the differences of our police officers. i guess it must be a stressful job to know everyone can be potencially carrying a weapon
>>
>>28734725
>might
>>
>>28734790
it would be a lot easier to stab a cop than shoot them.
>>
>>28734693
>our cops are borderline fascist
>>
>>28734840
how the hell stabing is easier than shooting?
even with the element of surprise shooting is easier and you have less blood on yourself to run away
>>
>>28734673
Have you not been paying attention the last ten years? They have M4s and APCs. And they almost never are reprimanded for shooting a civilian. If you think the government should be better armed than the populace then you deserve the type of treatment you will get.
>>
>>28734725
I feel like /k/ is a pretty fair representation of the firearms community. Dragon dildos and trannies and all.
>>
>>28734725
>>28735061
well its been fun non the less
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 245x140px
>>28733141

Lots of reasons

First, and the reason I got into guns in the first place, is because im an avid hunter. Ive owned a .30-06 bolt gun, 12ga pump shotgun, and .22lr rifle since I was 14 so I could hunt various game animals

Second, I firmly believe it is the duty of every citizen to own and becom proficient in the use of a combat rifle and side arm as a check against the authority of the government. The day they start disarming people is the only day we will ever "need" our weapons.

Third, I cary a pistol for self defense. Im not terribly proficient in hand to hand combat, and Im not bullet/knife-proof, so I feel that a gun is my best bet for personal defense.

Fourth, I really like target shooting, and there's something soothing in a sort of everything-in-its-right-place kind of way about guns. The machinery really intrigues me, especially in semiautomatic weapons. Obscure actions and bolt designs really get me off

I just really like guns, the way a lot of people really like cars

Pic unrelated
>>
>>28734188

It's not my right to own a gun, it is my obligation to own and practice with a firearm to protect myself and my family from whatever may come. Whether that be a tyrannical government, or the local gang members on pcp, it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>28733141

Not yet, but I intend to in the future.

Several reasons. One, protection. Sure, it does not guarantee survival in a dangerous situation, but it helps, and its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Whether that protection is from a mugger or government tyranny.

The other reason being enjoyment. If you've never fired a gun, I have to tell you its rather fun. Plus, there's the collection aspect, the appreciation of its mechanics, the zen of taking one apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together.

Frankly, I have a difficult time wrapping my head around the idea of trying to prevent other people from arming themselves. The gun is power. And only a complete fucking madman would willingly give up power, especially to a small, select elite that have not proven themselves to be any smarter, more moral, or more responsible than yourself.
>>
>>28734188

Are you not familiar with any of our history? Are you not aware that this country was founded in armed rebellion against a major European power that was deemed by the revolutionists to be an oppressive regime denying citizens of rights supposed to be guaranteed by law? Our fixation with "muh freedoms" comes from reasoned observations of the past. A government abusing its power is not a possibility; its an inevitability.

I'd think you'd be aware of that, coming from a land that was once ruled by feudal lords.
>>
>>28735692
i dont know if its just our country, but i come from a country that was a super power without resorting heavily on raw power.

my country is Portugal and we are small. although with a long story of wars, we always tried to resort to a peaceful ending.

it would be bullshit if i said because moral reasons, but we are few, and our rivals weren't.

even when beggining our colonization, we didnt wipe out the initial tribes, we befriended them. thats how a small country gets a colony as brasil (and several other countries in africa and asia).

Our revolution from fascism was made without a death (or so i believe), you can google carnation revolution.

i dont mean that our history as always blood free, but we can try to learn from history. i think i run a little off topic, but it's 5.30 am here.
>>
>>28733141

Short answer: cause I like em

Long answer:
I own guns because they are a hobby and a collection. I enjoy shooting, cleaning, and maintaining my guns because it relieves stress and it's a great way for my buddies and I to bond.

I'm also a hunter and I like owning my own hunting weapons so I know exactly how it shoots and the quirks that the individual weapon possesses. For example: my .308 rifle's bolt takes a little bit of force to get it uo. Not a lot of effort but enough to be noticeable.

I also keep a gun in my home, loaded, and at hand to defend myself and my family. The police recently caught a team of home invaders that would cut the power and phone lines to a house. This happened 3 houses down from mine. I want that gun so I won't be subject to an attack on my person or home.

I am also in the process of obtaining my conceal and carry permit. I want to be able to defend myself outside of my home. I'm not paranoid about being attacked but I take my personal safety very seriously. It's my responsibility to ensure that I am safe in my environment. I can't rely on anyone else to ensure my safety because that is unreliable and could get me killed.
>>
>>28733141

Simply put: Weapons ownership is the hallmark of a free man.
>>
>>28734890
>If you think the government should be better armed than the populace
I literally never said that. I said it's idiotic to think cops should be disarmed.
cherrypicking a few examples of cops shooting civilians as proof they need to be disarmed is just as fucking stupid as liberals cherrypicking "mass" shootings as proof that all civilians should be disarmed.
>>
File: louis cuck.png (581KB, 800x305px) Image search: [Google]
louis cuck.png
581KB, 800x305px
>>28733141
some of us live in rough neighborhoods and have actually had our door almost kicked in by 5 niggas at 4am, i've also been in a drive by in NC

if you exist near low income niggas you are playing with your life, some of us actually need some sort of home defense, plus the range is fun.
>>
Average police response time where I live is 1 hour.
>>
>>28733141

>but why the need to own a weapon?

Have you read a human history book? If you have you wouldn't ask this question.
>>
>>28733141

>i like to think i live in a relative safe place

Except for those pesky World Wars!

Thanks Europe!
>>
>>28733469
When everyone has a gun you are safer.
I grew up in the San Francisco Bay, there are places where I'd get my throat slit for being white, sometimes I had to work in those areas, or drive through those areas on my way to work. I would carry my Buck 119 on my hip, or my toolbelt with my lathing hatchet on the passenger seat plus a can of hornet spray. I didn't feel safe.

Now I live in South Carolina, and while it is an impoverished shithole... the niggers here are bitch niggaz compared to the stone killers back home. Western niggers forgot their place.

As much of a shithole as the American South is, at least the concealed weapons law makes this a Shall Issue State. I just bought 2 guns from pretty much a stranger, met him in the parking lot at Palmetto State Armory. Felt entirely safe pulling out my wad of cash to pay him as people walked by toting their AR-15s on their shoulders and pistols on their hips. I know it's their personal wet dream to kill a nigger for free.

Feels safe, man.
>>
>>28733141
Because 99% of the time, I won't need a gun.

But the 1% that I absolutely do fucking need a gun is much more important than the 99%.

The day that citizens stop defending themselves is the day humanity crumbles.
>>
>>28733141
To kill agents of the government when they attempt to enact tyranny which cannot be rectified at the ballot box.
>>
>>28733757
...yet
>>
>>28733840
Still sucked being a disarmed joo.
>>
>>28734441
You dun gud, frenchie. That anon has low reading comprehension skills.
>>
>>28734888
According to common police training doctrine in the U.S, inside of 21 feet (7 meters) knives are deadlier than guns.

This is due to the relatively slow reaction time of even the best trained humans vs. an attacker combined with the difficulty of drawing a pistol and executing an accurate first shot.
>>
>>28733141
we have niggers, its always more dangerous when you have the most dangerous individuals not on leashes

>>28734425
especially when other foreign entities are shipping weapons and guns to the "refugees" into Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQXM9nef0Ls
>>
>>28733141

Off the top of my head:

L.A. Riots, Hurricane Katrina, Ferguson Missouri

So I don't have to die like a bitch in my own home.

At the end of the day, all the feelgood liberal hippie bullshit in the world isn't going to help you. A gun is.

Germany, England and Sweden are painfully experiencing this right now
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.