[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 27

File: BIYfXzqCUAAOtqO.jpg:large.jpg (180KB, 1024x1382px) Image search: [Google]
BIYfXzqCUAAOtqO.jpg:large.jpg
180KB, 1024x1382px
/300k Starting Colonel/
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor. Just keep it contained to this general you clucks.
>>
Fun jobs that will let me station around the world as well as give me mental prep to drop a selection packet a few years down the line? College degree, 95 AFQT no line scores yet, interested in medicine, human intelligence, and flight.
>>
I want to join the military, but there's no way I'd stand for this sort of shit.

I'm very hard-working and motivated. I don't need some fatass drill cunt shouting abuse at me. I won't fucking stand for it. I'd beat the shit out of him if he tried it on me.

>inb4 no you wouldn't
16 years of Judo
9 years of BJJ
4 years of boxing

Yes I fucking would.

I want to go into the division of my choosing and train specifically for the missions I want to do. For example, sniper or special missions involving hostage extraction.

It seems the only way you can do these sort of things is by starting at the bottom and spending a minimum of 4-6 years building your way up and through promotions.

Fuck that. I'm elite. I have a Masters degree and two black belts. I'd only do it on MY terms.

>inb4 this means you lack discipline and wouldn't be suitable
No, it demonstrably does not. Quite the opposite actually. I'm not some 16 year old falter who dropped out of high-school. I'm a finely tuned and well oiled machine.

I want my missions given to me in a fancy offices. I don't want to be told to grab a shovel because we're "digging in tonight".
>>
>>28706756
Navy Flight Officer
>>
>>28706792
legendary
>>
>>28706792

There's a reason Drill Sergeants work in teams of 2-5. Maybe you could take one out, but they're all going to dogpile you and kick you in the nuts until you stop acting foolish. Drill Sergeants in 2016 are hardly ever authorized to actually lay hands on someone, but you can bet your ass there'd be no consequences for them ganging up to beat the shit out of you if you took a swing at them. You'd get punished though. Demoted or discharged.

But, yeah, you're a completely undisciplined civilian piece of shit. You're going to freak out and start throwing punches just from getting shouted at? Acting like a five year old is a liability on the battlefield.

It doesn't matter how skilled you are, you're a shit teammate so nobody worth working with would ever take you. I'll take a skinny 16-year-old High School dropout who knows how to control himself over a worthless hothead.
>>
>>28706792
Think you can be special forces but can't even handle being shouted at? Fuck off.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 400x319px
>people joining the navy when they can't swim

For what purpose?
>>
>>28706792

Nice b8
>>
>>28706792
So coast guard then
cuz thats what it sounds like
>I totally have the discipline already
yeah 3/4 of them or half of that already do, they signed up for it, suck it up butter cup every one has to go through it, you'll learn that the DI's only doing it for your benefit, 60+ years of Kodyokunt Ninjutsu not gonna prepare you for getting in a firefight with a couple of sand eaters taking crackshots at you from afar. And im not talking basic, that is if you say go into USMC for example, you would then go into SOI, them Battalion Recon Selection, Force Recon selection, then MarSOC Selection (Raiders i know i know i saw the article) and thats just for Marines. Im assuming what your looking for is probably POO in CIA, if your dumbass can even get through the fucking lifestyle polygraph. Assuming you browse the chan, out of the i think over 500+ questions on that polygraph, they'd give you some funky ass looks in that room.

incase your impatient glorified ass didnt read through all this
-
TLDR: fuck you your not special, suck it up, you can only be special by proving your worth and/or what this guy said>>28707256
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 577x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 577x537px
>>28706792
Please take a long walk on a short pier
>>
Hi, I'm a 12 year old MW2 warrior. I'm tenth prestige and I've killed almost 30,000 Taliban. I've made try outs for only the most elite special forces units such as FaZe and OpTic. Chris Kyle said in an interview he studied my quick scope technique, but he still can't figure out how I am so good. Although I have never fired any sort of weapon other than my favorite nerf gun, I was wondering if Delta Force would be good enough for me or should I go to an even more elite unit such as Seal Team Six?
P.S. When I am 13 my mom said she might let me get my first air soft gun!
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 577x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 577x667px
Hey is it just me or is it like next to impossible to even talk to a recruiter for the army right now?

>start enlistment on goarmy.com
>just want to talk to someone to answer a few basic questions
>spend the last month playing phone tag with some guy in Georgia trying to get any info
>they want me to fill PAGES AND PAGES of paper work online before they will give me an appointment or info
>guy stops taking my calls
>decide to just walk into my local recriters office and go from their
>the place is empty with a sing on the door that says to call some number to get directions to the new place
>call it a guy gives me a different number to call
>call it and its some landscaping company in Vermont (dead serious)

This was yesterday and im not sure what to do all i want is to talk to someone in person

>mfw
>>
File: 1452737830787.gif (2MB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
1452737830787.gif
2MB, 400x332px
>>28706792

legendary b8 m8
>>
Has anyone been in the Marine Embassy Security Group? I grew up living overseas in various countries and getting to be posted in places across the globe sounds pretty sweet. Is it a good gig? You are a smaller unit especially at small Embassies so is there less bullshit than being in a regular infantry unit?
>>
File: Untitledm.png (134KB, 478x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledm.png
134KB, 478x1707px
am i wrong here /meg/?
posted this is the other airforce thread but I'll ask again here
>25
>nothing special part time job
>want to be a sheriff but its a long wait to be possibly not even accepted into academy
>was told that joining military as MP would make me hate my life
>now considering joining to learn a trade to use
is my logic flawed like my friend here says? im just confused as hell right now
>>
>>28707662
Yeah, they aren't exactly short on manpower and it's peacetime. You're goddamn right they're not interested in talking to you.
>>
>>28707880
>tfw
I was born to late to fight in any cool wars
>>
>>28706792
>I'm disciplined
>I can't stand being yelled at! I'd lose my composure and result to violence!
Lel okay.
>>
>>28707868
your logic is full retard and you want someone to tell you what to do with your life. Please don't join the military we get enough kids like you
>>
>>28707868
>25
>thinking of joining

haha, no
>>
>>28706792
Congrats you wouldnt be able to do any of that. When you join the military you dont get to do anything you want.

Also 1v1 m8 i'll ura-nage you on your skull I swear on me mum.
>>
Personally I'm going Marines after college. I'm gonna try for Recon but if not I'm going for either 0311 Rifleman or 0331 Gunner. M240 looks fuckin sweet
>>
Hey /meg/ I was wondering, should I mention that I have been in the hospital before? I had pneumonia when I was 3 and have had no complications from it since.
I heard an anon from a previous thread say that you shouldn't bring it up but I never had heard that before.
>>
>>28707868
25 isn't too late. The military isn't a great path to law enforcement though.
>>
>>28706792
What makes you think anybody here actually cares?
>>
>>28707913
None of the recent wars were cool anyways. You were born at the right time to die in the robot wars though.
>>
>>28708015
At least theirs that
>>
>>28707915
ive seen a kid actually lose his shit and "attempt" to swing at his DI when i was stationed on PI back in 2012. He literally just raised his hand and gritted his teeth and i just waited for the follow through but nothing ever happened. Kid just sat there probably thinking they would have left him alone since in his mind he perceived himself going full super saiyan. The DI just semi-chimped out and started shouting "Hit me faggot fucking hit me". As far as i knew the kid was just processed out without even a stutter in the system so all the time he wasted in the first few months getting treated like shit was literally for nothing.

he probably comes to /k/ claiming to be recon or something
>>
Hey guys. Finally made the decision, joining the Navy as a commissioned officer.

I was charged with marijuana possession, but came out as not guilty. Will this affect my entry into the program at all?
>>
>>28708051
What MOS are you? Active or reserves? Do you like your job?
>>
>>28708002
how so exactly? ive heard that law enforcement will look at you a little more attentively if you have military background
>>
>>28708080

i'm just a pog and i hate my job AD with 7 years left until i can retire.

it doesn't matter what my job is anyway were full christmas tree and they are booting nonrates left and right even kids with 300 pft's/cft's and the like
>>
>>28708118
So am I pretty mich fucked right now if i want to enlist
>>
>>28708118
Damn they're booting 300 PFT's? Is there any job security whatsoever in the Marines anymore? Hopefully we don't get Hillary or Bernie. Then we'll have like 10 fucking Marines the Navy takes around on a little tugboat
>>
>>28708406
"Gud at running" is always pretty high on the list of reasons that people will see you as a good Marine/soldier.

It won't save you anymore if you do dumb shit though, like get a DUI. Also won't save you if your career field is evaporating and you're not able to find a place elsewhere.
>>
>>28708086

Some law enforcement will see it as a negative, some will see it as a positive. Few will see it in a better light than other things you could do in that time (get a degree or civilian law enforcement experience).

It probably won't hurt you, it very well might help you, but it isn't a golden ticket to becoming a cop.
>>
I was in Co-Teaching classes throughout middle school and highschool for ADHD(Which I don't have.) I plan on lying about my ADHD and my mental hospital visit.(Was also forced into because teacher showed the dean my drawings of knives and guns. They claimed I was making suicidal and homicidal remarks.)
Will they see my Co-Teaching classes and DQ me?
>>
File: 1426031073816.png (67KB, 1306x637px) Image search: [Google]
1426031073816.png
67KB, 1306x637px
>>28708015
>robot wars
yeah against the fucking normies
>>
>>28708345
>>28708406
you can try to enlist but you'll get shoved into either a full retard MOS like crypto or cryogewhatever tech and hate your very being for the next 4-5 years OR you'll get shat out into one of the MOS' that's extremely high demand low density and commit sodoku

unless theres another war then the military isn't really for anyone unless you have absolutely no other options
>>
>>28709013
I just need a jump start on my life i have no car, live at home and only have 200 bucks and glock 17 to my name, ive always wanted to enlist but don't want a repeat of 4 more years of hating my life because i got a shit MOS
>>
>>28709013
>unless theres another war then the military isn't really for anyone unless you have absolutely no other options

this. I'm so glad I got in and out when I did. I got a combat MOS, I got to go to war, I got to fire my weapon in combat. (I know that sounds a little strange to be pleased with that.) I think of my brother-in-law, who spent ten years in the Army between Desert Storm and the War on Terror. He didn't do shit.
>>
>>28707662
So does this mean the Marines are the only ones actively recruiting? I still get occasional phone calls so this would be my guess

What are some Marine MOS that won't make me want to kill myself /meg/?
>>
>>28707864
>>28709181
Also how to into this? Sounds fucking sweet
>>
>>28709181
>So does this mean the Marines are the only ones actively recruiting?

All branches are actively recruiting. There are still plenty of recruiters who are lazy as fuck. That's probably what anon ran into.

>What are some Marine MOS that won't make me want to kill myself /meg/?

On some level, all MOS will make you want to kill yourself:
POG MOS are POG MOS and you'll be doing something that you could do elsewhere with more personal freedom and for more money.
Combat MOS will have you waste endless amounts of time just keeping busy since you'll likely never be deployed.
>>
>>28707662 this guy here

>>28709181
Actually on the door to the army recruters their was an address to the Navy/Marine recruiter saying to go their instead
>>
>>28709245
Will I have more fun with my buddies in one or the other?

Really I'm just looking for a good time and some cool experiences. And maybe a little money in my pocket to invest back home

Travelling would be cool too
>>
>>28709277
This
>>
i have an advanced degree and a job already. would it be crazy to join the natguard?

anyone itt have any experience with that
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 750x750px
Hey am i a bad guy for parking in the veterans only spaces at my mall? their allways open

>im not a veteran
>>
>>28709277
>Will I have more fun with my buddies in one or the other?
That depends on the people in your unit rather than the job itself.
>>
>>28709199
I was an MSG as well. It was somewhat fucking spectacular until they started letting females in. Suddenly the parties at the house stopped and we got away with less and less until eventually it became just another duty station.
>>
>>28709079
desperation is the hard father of resolute men. All MOS' are shit during peace time so don't let my negativity get you down. If you do join then go overseas and see the world then get at least 3 years of college out of it while your in and another 3 after you get out.
>>
>>28709295
Depends what you want out of it. You probably won't net much money-wise. Unless we get into another war you probably won't get to do much of anything high-speed.
>>
>>28709460
>All MOS' are shit during peace time

kek. Your daily reminder that peacetime vs. wartime is literally indistinguishable for most jobs in the military.

If you have a job in garrison, you have a job in garrison. If you don't have a job in garrison, you're sweeping rocks and life sucks.
>>
>>28709494
nobody cares
>>
So do you guys acknowledge the fear/chance of death every single time you go to a mission?

What are your tips on avoiding death?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 440x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 440x470px
>>28709522
>implying we go on 'missions'
>>
>>28709522
>So do you guys acknowledge the fear/chance of death every single time you go to a mission?
It's probably different for everyone, but in my case, I didn't consider the possibility at all before going on patrols. It was strictly focusing on the job at hand.
It's after the fact, when you're doing your after-action reports you start mooning over how close you may have come to buying the farm.

>What are your tips on avoiding death?
duck.
>>
>>28708691
Not OP but do they check school shit like this?
>>
File: holyfuckingshit OP.png (423KB, 1744x1124px) Image search: [Google]
holyfuckingshit OP.png
423KB, 1744x1124px
I want to do Federal Law Enforcement, FBI, US Marshals, maybe something like domestic CIA.
Is it a good idea to join the military in order to gain experience working a federal service job, as well as have something worthwhile on your resume? Or should I just move more towards FLE straight off?
I also am not too opposed to joining simply to serve, I feel indebted to the nation by default.
>>
>>28707256
>>28707553
>>28707915
>>28707983
>>28708007
He was obviously trolling you tubes of fucking custard

>>28707362
The idea of being on a massive fucking ship big enough for thousands of people to live on is that you don't need to swim
>>
>>28708691
If you went to a mental hospital involuntarily, that shit will probably come up.

The fact that you're a retard shouldn't matter.
>>
>>28709649
Cool.

I want to join the military, but the random battlefield scares me. I dont wanna step on a claymore, or be the first to be shot at an ambush, or the target of a bunch of crazy soldier eyes, or not notice a sniper, or be the medics 2nd choice, etc...

I just want to decrease the chances of me dying as much as possible. Does joining the higher ranks like Delta decrease it?
>>
>>28707362
oops, too late
>>
>>28709705
No, special forces get killed at a drastically higher rate.
>>
>>28709697
Will they look at why I went? Im pretty sure if it said 'Drawing knifes and weapons in school' in reasons of admittance, they'd probably laugh. I plan on lying about the hospital part though
>>
>>28709705
>afraid of combat
>wants to be Operator
>>
I have a question about NG and ANG. How does that work for the guys who are pilots or other super skilled jobs? Do ANG pilots just fly their F-16 or whatever once a month? Are they prior active primarily?
>>
Just got back from taking the ASVAB....fuck that took forever. Recruiter told me it would be a 2-3 hour thing, it ended up being almost 9 from the time I left the house to the time I got back.

Anyways. I got an 85. How'd I do /meg/? What mos's should I look at, specifically in the navy?

Not nuke.
>>
>>28709079

Go army. Same situation as you, currently waiting to ship to Benning.
>>
>>28709705
You actually have a much higher chance of dying if you are an operator (hell, even Ranger) because they go on ridiculously dangerous missions, that's why they're special forces

Truck drivers often die as well when deployed
>>
>>28709705
>this fuckin post
>>
>>28709339
Who even cares?
>>
>>28709996
Ikr
>>
>>28709678

Best: FLE right off the bat.
Good: Military as CID or CI. IE, an actual investigative agent for the federal government.
Shit-tier: Military as a regular ol' MP.
>>
Anyone in the Coast Guard here? I took my ASVAB today and I was one of two, and the other guy didn't even want to be in the Coast Guard.
>>
>>28710118
What about HUMINT fields or Psyops?
Those are the two that were very interesting to me.
I always liked the idea of long-range-reconnaissance, intelligence collection, and having to converse with locals or use resources.
Is there a job in the military that does this that is below Green Berets and SOF positions?
>>
>>28710154
If I wasn't dead set on going infantry I would have joined the Coast Guard. I've only ever heard good things about them.
>>
Hey i was at fort Benning a couple month ago as a civilian and was wondering what MOS is the security guards that man thoes toll both like checkpoints to get on base. Didn't think they were MPs
>>
>>28710245
PSYOP is SOF. You go to a selection and everything.

35M is HUMINT, but in the current environment it isn't really going to get you any valuable experience.

Honestly, a large portion of investigative work today is in digital forensics and other tech fields. You'd probably be far more attractive to federal law enforcement with a military computer job than something in HUMINT.
>>
>>28710477
Well what I meant by federal law enforcement is more federal agent and hands on man to man intelligence work.
I'm more attracted to the field-intelligence half of SOF than I am to any of the combat or "operating" every one seems to be more interested in it for.
If I wanted an IT job, I would just apply somewhere in the business world.
>>
>>28710477
talked to recruiter today, specifically about 35series. good luck getting 35M or 35P right now. there's a couple slots for G and N, i currently am in the process of signing another MOS that seems cool and has a nice bonus.

the question is: should i ask for option 40 with it? 48G, you already touched on it a bit in the last (less shitty) thread. here's my plan, dissect it please (also Nov Rain or Ricky, if you're on)
35F opt 40, do my time for a couple promotions, request to switch to 35L, do that for as long as possible, WO in 35x (fox if i dont transfer to lima), or just retire and apply at alphabet? thoughts? i'm scheduled for ASVAB and DLAB next week
>>
do people die in navy pilot training? how many a year/how many recruits
>>
Aeronautical engineer + pilot here

Which is better, fly and make choppers for the military or fly and make choppers for some random airlines company or something
>>
>>28706792
8/8

But I know people really think like this.

And I revel in the fact that people that think like that don't go and do these things, because they are inherently selfish. And that doesn't work in a team environment where your life is in the hands of the rest of the team, and theirs in yours.

But still 8/8
>>
I'm a warrant in army flight school. Don't enlist. If you do do the absolute minimum for the GI bill. Don't feel pressured by recruiters. If you're young try to be mature and ask yourself if you really want to be in the military. Just saying I regret enlisting immediately after high school and not going to college, only caveat is I got to deploy which was worth it in its own sense
>>
>>28710333
Those are physical security, contractors for base DES
>>
>>28708059
It will probably be a hurdle but if you were found not guilty you will probably still be able to join

>>28708086
some departments like guys who were grunts for some reason but apparently MPs are actually undesirable for civilian police work because you have to unlearn everything and learn the different way

>>28708406
If you think any president is going to successfully reduce the military a significant amount you are wrong. NATO and the UN relies on the US military. The government knows this and even if they say "peace and love, reduce the military!" they won't do it.

>>28709295
Not if you really want to, but the money is not much and for the relatively limited benefits you receive you are still about as likely as active units to deploy if there is a war.
>>
>>28710723
What are you doing in flight school?
>>
>>28709705
Random huge chaotic battlefields are mostly a thing of the past. City warfare is still a possibility though. And you can't just join an elite unit, and furthermore, especially now, they die a lot more than regular infantry do.
>>
>>28710618
another "cool" job she told me about was 35Q. she said its new, and currently everyone in it are basically just training or updating our systems and stuff, but its going to be huge in the next few years. throwing that out there for the nerdy types. another one is 25N, fantastic bonus right now
>>
>>28710748
Currently in the basic officer course after warrant officer candidate school.
>>
>>28709476
>You probably won't net much money-wise.

This famm.

In fact you'll probably end up spending money depending on how far away your unit is. Gas is really low now (first time I can remember it being under $2 a gallon since I started driving more than a decade ago), but it's a bitch when your unit is an hour away and gas is $4 a gallon.
>>
>>28709678
>domestic CIA

Jej.
>>
>>28709918
>I have a question about NG and ANG. How does that work for the guys who are pilots

A Natty Guard Apache and Blackhawk unit was doing a rotation in Kuwait while I was there (let them sit in on some stuff, in return we got to sit in the Apache and take photos) to get their required hours. So they were flying patrols in the Gulf and shuttling people between camps.
>>
>>28710567
He's right homie, we (the US) places a lot of our bets on Technical Collections.

We always have since a permanent IC became a thing post WWII.

HUMINT is super important, and if I was DNI collections would be more spread out among traditional HUMINT and technical collections.

But that's reality. FYI The Army is pushing out 35Ms (HUMINT collectors) as we speak.
>>
>>28710858
At hood we would let reservist and national guard fly out apaches to get hours. But it was more of a courtesy then a training schedule
>>
>>28710618
>do my time for a couple promotions, request to switch to 35L, do that for as long as possible, WO in 35x (fox if i dont transfer to lima), or just retire and apply at alphabet?

1. Don't make any plans beyond your initial enlistment. You can't guarantee what's going to happen between the time you get out of AIT and the time your initial contract ends.

So all that's going to happen from you planning to enlist as a 35F, then go to CISAC (which is probably more likely than not only because right now there is a push for Limas), then go WOC as a 350x, is you're likely to be disappointed. Circumstances are going to come up, you might not be set up for success by your chain of command, deployments might come up that prevent you from reclassing (was going from 35F to 35M when they first started talking about sending Mikes to DLI, but then an Iraq deployment came up and I got shit on for even thinking I was still going back to Huachuca) etc.

2. Even with the MI experience, you're going to need a four year degree minimum (two year for contractor). And keep in mind unless you're an officer and you're working on or have your graduate degree, you'll be starting back at the bottom as a civilian and your peers are going to be kids who went straight from high school to college and then applied for jobs in the IC.
>>
>>28710959
yes absolutely, more of an idea than a concrete plan. and i should have mentioned also that i want to try to work on my degree while i'm active and then finish it once i'm out.

and yeah i'd go lima right now if they took civilians. like you said, it might all change. i'm usually against nepotism and shit like that, because its never in my favor, but i actually have a few contacts in the intelligence community, and i plan to aggressively pull those strings if i want something or if i have to
>>
File: 1444192659631.jpg (35KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1444192659631.jpg
35KB, 601x601px
>>28711043
>im usually against nepotism unless it favors me
>>
>>28711043
>and yeah i'd go lima right now if they took civilians.

They used to (I came in when this was changing so I got boned out of my CI slot), and I don't understand why they changed it because they could just send kids who couldn't hack it out to another school house (not at all uncommon on Huachuca, plenty of Electronic Warfare Repair kids ended up switching to other MOS when they couldn't make it through their school).

>but i actually have a few contacts in the intelligence community, and i plan to aggressively pull those strings

Networking is important, but they aren't going to be able to get you a job you aren't qualified for.

The only advantage of enlisting into an intelligence MOS is that it gives you an idea of what the job entails, gives you an understanding of intelligence as a process (intelligence cycle, collection management, analytical tools etc.), and you can decide if you want to keep doing it.

Unless you go to some super secret squirrel SMU or go to Great Skill, there really isn't anything you're going to do that's going to get you that far above the same level of kids coming in straight out of college. Sometimes you won't even get veterans preference/points, CIA doesn't do that for example.
>>
How many years of service have you guys had?
>>
>>28711091
hey i know it sounds shitty, but i've been on the wrong side of it too many times to count. it'd be a nice change for things to work in my favor lol
>>
>>28711143
>How many years of service have you guys had?

Six.
>>
>>28706792
Amazing that 29 years of martial arts training complete failed to teach you basic life skills past a 5th grade level.

Post pic of yourself and your belts btw
>>
File: 2016-01-27 17.33.24.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-27 17.33.24.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
For anyone wondering no shave chits are fun, especially as a white guy, but it's not quite worth having 5-6 staff ncos ask you if you shaved or to see your chit every day
>>
I suck at running. 1.5 mile in 13 minutes on my best day. Can't run more than that without slowing down to a walk for a break. Not fat, not completely weak, been running for several months. Just can't get better.

Suggestions? I leave for US Air Force basic in 4 weeks. How fucked am I?
>>
It probably depends on the ship for which you're stationed, but in general, how shitty is life on a ship?
>>
>>28711132
recruiter said they stopped letting it be an entry level MOS because they wasted a bunch of time and money on immature kids that couldn't hack it
they request you be at least an e5 now before considering you
>>
>>28711220
It ranges from miserable to "oh god please kill me now"
>>
>>28711220
All the dick you can handle.

And it's dark, so when it's your turn to be the girl you can just pretend that you're sucking tranny dick.

>>28711233
>because they wasted a bunch of time and money on immature kids that couldn't hack it

It's a bullshit excuse really, because they can send them down the road to the 35F, 35M, or 35G schoolhouse.
>>
>>28711186
Woodland MARPAT is fucking sick

Too bad it's wasted on a branch like the Marine Corps
>>
>>28711186
Good night baby Chuck Norris
>>
>>28711258
which is i think what they ended up doing. if you saw that job description at 17/18 you'd think you would be solid snake or some shit
>>
>>28709678

a shitload of CIA officers are ex-marine officers, not sure why. Id look into that if you wanna be prior mil CIA.
>>
File: 1428704435979.jpg (21KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1428704435979.jpg
21KB, 241x228px
>"Okay, Anon, why do you want to become an officer in the United States Army?"
>>
>>28711349

"to steal NODs and blame it on E2's, sir"
>>
>>28711349
to mold young men into warriors
>>
>>28711349
Replace Army with Marines and I've had that conversation
>"T-to lead s-sir"
>>
>>28706792
If you can't stand to be humiliated and dehumanized, you shouldn't enlist. There is absolutely no reason to enlist if you value your current self at all.
Army doesn't just let you kill people for free, you must obey your command and become an unopinionated tool with no sense of self worth. Not mindless, just ego-less.
>>
File: 1389127313920.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1389127313920.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>28711301
What is the gist of the 35M job description?
>>
>>28711393
interviewing people
>>
>>28711233
What's there to "hack" in CI?
What specifically is the challenged face that they couldn't overcome?
>>
>20, had surgery so can't join until steel is removed in 2 and a half years
>about to finish two year degree, two more years and will finish Bachelor, then get bars out soon after
>want to join Army, learn job skills if I can't get into Law Enforcement for some reason
So what MOSs are good choices? I'm looking at Combat Engineer and Intel, any other good ones? Scored a 93 on ASVAB in high school without really trying, if that matters. Assume I have to take it again?
>>
>>28711393
if you mean 35L, that's counterintelligence agent. you go solo on 1 month deployments to weird places and fish around for weaknesses worth exploring or exploiting. basically a real life james bond, but more realistic
>>
>>28711448
Holy shit that sounds badass.
Is it an SOF job? How could it not be, it pretty much models the skillset that most SOF guys have it seems?
>>
>>28711432
because they thought it would be a glamorous job thinking they'd be doing super cool spy shit. in reality its writing a lot of reports and maintaining a 2/2 language proficiency and other shit
>>
>>28711474
>>28711460
>>28711448
>>28711432

>see what i mean
>>
I wanna shoot big guns and make big explosions. Think tanks, artillery, navy guns, etc. Will have a four year degree (Comp. Lit, kek), so I definitely would prefer to get a commission.

1. What is the easiest non-infantry ground combat commission to get (least amount of training)?
2. Is there anything in the Navy or CG akin to an arty officer?
>>
do any of you have ADHD? if so, is it a problem in the military?

would the military a) pay for my adderall script and/or b) let me take adderall while on duty?
>>
>>28711622
nope, hide that shit like there's no tomorrow
>>
>>28711622
the doctors at MEPS actually encourage you to disclose your hyperactivity so that they can stick you in their more elite units. once you get to these units, there's an almost unlimited supply of dextromethamphetamines, to make you a more focused soldier.
>>
>>28711448
>>28711460

>Implying most CI agents aren't spending their time briefing "The insider threat" to random assortments of soldiers at every post.

It's disingenuous to characterize CI as James' Bond shit. They're the dudes making sure that foreign intelligence isn't getting its fingers in all our pies. Most of the time, that means investigating how PFC Snuffy, a junior intelligence analyst, suddenly has enough money to buy a $60,000 car.

It's good work, it's important, even cool to people with the right mindset, but it isn't being a top secret superspy. One of the best jobs in the military to get you into a fed investigative job afterwards though.
>>
>>28711660
i feel like that's not true at all, but i haven't been to meps yet so i can't call you out too hard
>>
File: 1453385440610.jpg (16KB, 281x349px) Image search: [Google]
1453385440610.jpg
16KB, 281x349px
>>28711660
you're being sarcastic, right?
>>
>>28711622
>>28711636

Tardanon doesn't know what he's talking about.

I know half a dozen soldiers currently taking ADHD meds on active duty, and provided by the military.

You can't get in with it, but if you develop it while in service it isn't cause for separation. They just treat it.
>>
>>28711687
>>28711696

super true

>captcha: pasta
>>
>>28711702
ah, okay, i was the tard, all i knew is that they don't want people coming in with it
>>
>>28711702
thanks, that's good to know. so if I enlist I shouldn't disclose that I have ADHD? wouldn't they see my medication history, anyway?
>>
>>28711432
>What specifically is the challenged face that they couldn't overcome?

Sitting in a car for a week straight doing surveillance, drinking cold coffee, and waiting for some fucker to show up that may or may not do so.
>>
>>28711726
go read that /meg/ is retarded thread in the catalog
>>
>>28711736
sounds like my job in the oilfield desu senpai
>>
>>28711744
tfw my based as fuck recruiter told me how to lie about shit to MEPS
>>
>>28710723
I regret not enlisting in high school
>>
>>28711816
same. we even rehearsed the MEPS interview
>>
is an 82 asvab a good score?
>>
>>28711853
Yes pham
It can probably get you most of the jobs you could want
Recruiters will treat you like hot shit tho because most of the potatoes that enlist get scores like 50
>>
>>28711853
The ASVAB is a percentile based on prior scores of everyone else who's taken it.

If you get a 50, you're in the middle. If you get a 90, you're better than 90% of people who've taken it. If you get a 25, you're better than 25% of people who've taken it, etc.

An 82 will qualify you for almost every job.
>>
>>28711828
It shows you're smart but not smart enough to do that research on your own. 82nd percentile eg if you're in a room with 100 people, you're the 83th smartest
>>
>>28711883
>>28711893
yeah, took the practice, they were fawning a bit lol
>>
>>28711902
>82nd percentile eg if you're in a room with 100 people, you're the 83th smartest

>you're the 83th smartest

>83th

Confirmed for ASVAB of 17.
>>
>>28711951
Well I had typed out 17th and 20, but I didn't think 82 ASVAB (really AFQT) would make the connection.
>>
>>28711942

Recruiters will greet any score over 50 with...

>W-wow, anon, I've never seen such a big score like that before. With a score like that you could do anything you want! You could even get <insert shitty job I'm having trouble filling>. That's only for tier 1 recruits!

Literally everyone with a HS diploma and a non-retard ASVAB is a "tier 1" recruit. A score of 80~ will open most things up, depending on your line scores. A score of 90~ will open pretty much everything up. They're not exceptionally rare. You have to remember that most people in the bottom 20-30% don't even qualify to join for other reasons (didn't graduate, constantly high as fuck, already in jail, have a bunch of kids, died of the dumbs at the age of 14, etc).
>>
i dunno if anyone has any questions for particular jobs in the army that I can answer. i work in motorpool as a 91F. if you were wanting something in the 91 series, i can help answer some questions about what youll most likely do.
>>
>>28711942
where can I take a practice ASVAB?

I scored a 2280 on the SAT, standardized tests are my fucking bread and butter, I need this
>>
>>28711990
i would have made a 99 if i could remember how to do long form multiplication and division kek, i fucking forgot that shit and had to use test logic
>>
Im in my mid 30s, is it too late for me to join the military?
>>
>>28712128

Most branches allow you to join up until your mid-30s or so. Air Force is now capped at 39, I believe.

You will be "the old guy", and you will have people 10+ years younger than you directly in charge of you. If you can deal with that and still want to do it, go for it.
>>
who up
I've got some questions for some seamen
>>
>have a history of asthma (not really) from when i was a fat little child.
>mom thought i had asthma because i was so out of shape.
>parents die, get it cleared, but cant get a misdiagnoses because doc loss his license.
>In JROTC doing great and currently getting into shape for the army.
Should i lie? i have never had an attack and im great health.
>>
>>28712219
also asvap is 60
>>
>>28712219
yes, if you don't say you have asthma, you don't have asthma
>>
>>28712219
yeah, dont say anything about it, if you can run a few miles at a decent time, you'll be just fine
>>
>>28712219
You should never lie at MEPS.

Especially because childhood asthma isn't even a disqualifier.
>>
should i be a tryhard on the running portions in basic since i was a cross country and trackfag?
>>
>>28712246
just worried if i get injured they will pull my recored. i want to be a 19k (tank crewman)
>>
>>28712276
1. don't get injured
2. just say it was a misdiagnosis
>>
>>28712261
i was unable to clear it until i was 15, so my mom kept getting the meds in case of something happing
>>
>>28711446
Bump for any advice
>>
>>28712291
Sounds ok
Also does anyone know anyway to get into the old guard, thats my dream job is to be a tomb guard. recruiters scratched their heads wanting to know why i want that job.
>>
H-have you killed anyone ;~;
>>
>>28712338
yer mum with my dick m8
>>28712326
probably because it's a shitty/2spooky job
>>
>>28712306
if you want to learn job skills, what jobs are you interested in? signal corp jobs are good for when youre out, any kind of computer job. if you like more tradework, go 91 series.
>>
>>28712326
get stationed in DC and go to the school for it. thats the only place you can train for it.
>>
>>28712352
Im great at drill so no issues there.
>>28712150
i would do it, good pay.
>>
>>28712357
Really just about any, from the law enforcement folks I've talked to my chances are pretty damn good in that field. I've always wanted to go military though, and figured a MOS like 13b would give me at least a little fall back room. There's a 13b vet in my classes, and he seemed to have enjoyed his time over seas.
>>
I have really bad astigmatism and I'm left eye dominant while being right handed.. how hard would it be for me to handle a rifle?
>>
>>28712326
Old Guard usually recruits from infantry. Number one requirement? Be born right.

Seriously, they have very stringent height/build requirements. You have to look the part, and some things you can't train.
>>
>>28712402
You'll be fine, you aren't as special as you think. Drill Sergeants have one of you every cycle.
>>
>>28711942
I got a 99 get fucked retard hahahaha
>>
>>28712409
got that covered, i meet the requirements.
>>
>>28712438
i haven't taken the real one yet asshole, i plan on getting the same
>>
>>28712453
Sure, whatever you say, ms. 82. Literally just abovv the line of mental retardation dude. Looking foward to being an 0311?
>>
>>28712398
are you stuck on a combat MOS? i mean, theres nothing wrong with it, just dont expect that to do much for you when you get out. because theres not really a civilian cannon crew job out there. if you want to travel, it doesnt matter what MOS you pick as long as its not like, a desk job where you have a chance of getting stationed in TRADOC. ive been in for a bit over a year, already sent to SC, GA, VA, TX, and Germany, ill be deploying to Bahrain this year and im a support MOS. if you want to travel. any job will do that for you
>>
n-no seamen here?
>>
File: 1439834800466.jpg (41KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1439834800466.jpg
41KB, 420x420px
>"I think you'd love the infantry, anon!"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>28712402
i have astigmatism and im lefty with right eye dominant. i shot 38/40. they dont let you not qualify. its not nearly as bad as it sounds.
>>
File: motivationalOnePunchManga.png (559KB, 732x799px) Image search: [Google]
motivationalOnePunchManga.png
559KB, 732x799px
>>28712466
sure, whatever, here's your reply
>>
>>28712480
Enjoy the infantry you sap
>>
>>28712484
do you shoot looking through your right eye? i'm almost set on everything else but i'm nervous because i've never fired a gun.
>>
>>28712480
Either
>My squadron (or whatever you army fags have as equivalent) leadership has been pushing me to sign up more infantry slots
OR
>you're clearly barely functional in terms of intelligence and/or life skills, so here's the one job you'll probably be able to do at a semi-passable level!

>>28712493
thank you
>>
>>28712472
I mean, I'm not necessarily stuck on a combat MOS but it would be better than a desk job. Travelling would be nice, I guess I'm still just shopping around since I've got a couple more years.
>>
>>28712499
nope, i shoot through my left. i use my non dominant eye and im just fine. a year later, went to re qualify on my weapons and did just about the same. its easy. and you should go shooting enough while youre in to adjust and be more confident in your marksmanship
>>
>>28712518
thanks, wish me luck. or whatever
>>
>>28712512
im a 91F and i love it. (small arms and artillery repairman.) ordnance is a lot of fun and isnt just sitting at a desk all day. the people i see that seem to be happiest with their jobs are usually the low density MOS. im friends with a lot of the CBRN guys and despite all the crazy shit they have to do. they all love their job and get to do tons of cool stuff. if you want to do law enforcement, why not join MP? itd be a good feel for the job.
>>
>>28711696
>people on 4chan are literally so autistic they can't tell that guy was joking
>>
File: 1451618776742.jpg (83KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451618776742.jpg
83KB, 766x960px
what would be the best job in the military for a lazy elitist ivy league grad with fascist sympathies?

preferably something dangerous, I don't really care about my future (is chemical warfare still a thing?)

I'm a philosophy major if it matters, my GPA is a 2.2
>>
>>28712534
yeah man, go for it. you go through so many exercises in basic for marksmanship, its pretty hard not to pass. we had 128 people go through, and 0 failures. this included people never holding a weapon before and ones that were scared to shoot. good luck, you'll be just fine
>>
File: 1452232288098.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1452232288098.gif
2MB, 659x609px
that 18E still around? I was curious about how often infantry/SF guys get traumatic brain injury and if it's more often for one or the other, etc.
>>
>>28712588
Snipe hunting.
>>
>>28712588
go 14T or 14E and maybe airborne? if youre an elitest cunt. airborne is somewhat prestigious in the military even though its not as big of a deal as they make it sound. but a patriot missile defender is just people who sit in an air conditioned box and wait for a blip on the radar and then shoot a missle at it. but they get to feel important and do things without actually ever doing anything.
>>
>>28712566
Main reason is that some of the instructors at academies I've talked to all said that some departments like military service except for MPs because they don't want to have to retrain guys who learned law enforcement for a military setting into a civilian setting. Dunno if that's always the case, but I figure something else might be safer.
>>
so what would a 35F actually be doing?
>>
>>28712644
that makes sense. but just having some sort of military background should make you more qualified, regardless of the MOS. shows you should have some discipline and what not. id say at this point, do what interests you the most. and dont let the recruiter talk you out of what you want. i picked my job, said it wasnt available. i turned around and walked out, told them to call me when a slot was open. i got half way to my car in the parking lot and he ran out saying a slot just opened with airborne ranger contract and a bonus. so dont listen to them say no for what you want to do.
>>
>>28712656
you make a lot of maps and charts and then give briefs to people on it. its powerpoint: the job
>>
>>28712702
so no actual field work then?
>>
>>28712702
also is cav scout as stupid and suicidal as it seems?
>>
>>28712713
every time ive gone to the field and training. theres never been a 35fox there. they may not work in normal units though. theyre probably at like, brigade or division stuff. i dunno, never met one personally. cav scout is interesting. its a lot of hard work to earn your spurs. but at the last military ball i went to, there were a bunch of them that i got to talk to. theyre all crazy bastards, so yeah, probably. they had some badass dress uniforms though
>>
>>28706726
Leaving tomorrow for MEPS.
Shooting for 35G. 35N, 35F are my fallbacks.
>>
>>28712627
that sounds agreeable
>>
>>28712746
i kinda want something that's combat related, but i want to be able to GTFO after 4 years if i want and find a decent job, so im torn
>>
>>28712768
id say go for 35N, youll probably do way more interesting things. but dont let them push you into selecting a different job that you dont want.
>>
>>28712627
>>28712773
Ah, I see it was all just a clever ruse.

"Snipe hunting" isn't hunting snipers, but rather, a north american rite of passage and prank where chaps fool their friends into hunting non-existent birds.

Well played. I am absolutely laughing my ass off at this right now.
>>
>>28712785
you could do artillery i guess. thats the, "hey, im combat but not really combat" job. i work on a lot of artillery, so i meet a lot of the gun bunnies. they seem to like it.
>>
>>28712795
Wait, what?
>>
what's the absolute worst MOS?
>>
>>28712792
What makes 35N better? I thought 35G made maps and 35N used radios to find where signals are coming from.
>>
>>28712817
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snipe+hunt
>>
>>28711448
No. Just... no.
>>
>>28712838
And to think I was mislead all those years.
>>
>>28712813
will it fuck up my hearing? what do you do? do you like it?
>>
>>28712823

Airborne 11B I would think. A lot of people really love it and get a lot out of it, but if it's not for you it totally blows.
>>
>>28712830
with 35N you get to do things like go out and place all the surveillance gear and then listen to the enemy and sort the good info from the useless stuff. 35G you find enemy locations and make maps about how big their things are.
>>
>>28712823
92F
>>
>>28712867
Thats the impression I had. Guess the mapping is just more appealing to me.
>>
>>28712853
most jobs will do that over time. you get good ear pro though for artillery. im the 91F, im a small arms and artillery repairman. i work in the motorpool and fix guns and do services on them. i love it, personally. a lot of it depends on your unit though.
>>
File: 1427897752700.jpg (42KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
1427897752700.jpg
42KB, 498x594px
>>28712879
>Petroleum Supply Specialist
>>
>>28712880
oh, if mapping gets your dick hard, then go for it. that sounds like itd be awesome for you then. i just figure most people wouldnt like that part.
>>
>>28712879
seconded. i have one buddy that does that from basic. he hates his job. trying to reclass
>>
>>28712888
dem trips. one last question, if i'm a super skelly at like 5'11" 145 how hard will i get rekt in basic?
>>
Fitness test tomorrow morning

wish me luck
>>
>>28709983
Corpsman?
>>
>>28712917
eh, basic shouldnt be too bad, they might try and get you to eat a lot more to put on some weight. you may not like some of the buddy carry portions or some of the rucking. but those are over pretty quick and then youre done with it. you should be good to go over all though. its going to suck, but itll suck regardless of your body type.
>>
>>28711212
bumping for this
>>
>>28712995
youre going airforce. PT is a joke. youll be fine. you may struggle a bit with the run, but you should still do alright. if you do 60/120's those help with your speed.
>>
Anyone know anything about the 15W MOS? It seems cool.
>>
File: 8b2.jpg (51KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
8b2.jpg
51KB, 680x433px
>>28706726

>went open contract electrical for the USAF
>preference leaned against not going into combat or going into the middle east
>get slotted for 2A2X2
>wake up to my alarm and hear on the radio 101st Airborne is deploying in Kuwait / Iraq
>fug

war is hamburgers
i just want my taxpayer tears
>>
>>28712823
CBRN
>>
I'm really curious. I don't know shit about military, so I'm gonna sound like a fucking idiot to you guys,

How do military "missions" work? Does some higher ranking officer just tell you give a debriefing on a mission? Do you have to be deployed in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Whateverstan in order to do a certain job or is it just for special certain stuff? And, once you trained for a certain branch, can you just go to another branch no problem or do you have to do the ~1 year training all over again? Do you have any special forces experience or is it "2classified4u" stuff?

Anyways, why did you join the military anyways? And for those already in the military, was it worth it? Is it fun and horror mixed together? If you hate the war experience, why are you still fighting? Is there a contract or something that says "YOU HAVE TO DO [AMOUNT OF TIME] IN ORDER TO ESCAPE THE CORPS"?
>>
what's the military's stance on on having kids but not being married? do i need a waiver? i think i read somewhere you can have no more thsn 3 dependents, but now i cant find it again
>>
>>28714235
you have to be 18 to post on this site
>>
>>28714399
i don't know shit about the military, like i said. i'm not a CoDbabby who wants to go shooty and tooty. i'm not even a U.S. citizen, so we don't even have the same army rules.

why you gotta be so rude, man?
>>
>>28712264
Dude you should always try to score high on the PFTs.
Why the fuck not?
>I don't want to stand out
Retarded. There's nothing wrong with being a PT stud
>>
>>28714424
is like a ~19min 5k time any good for military?
>>
Looking for advice.

I got a 93 on my ASVAB (AFQT) and took the C SORT and got in the 80s percentile. I'm smart and have heart I just struggle with the physicality portion required to pass the PST. I'm a good swimmer and push ups/sit ups are good. I'm struggling with pull ups and running. All I need is to make it to the SEAL prep course because I know I'll get in amazing shape there.
>>
>>28714441
do pull ups and run then lol
>>
>>28714441
It's important to note that I'm a big guy for you. Im 6'2 and used to play varsity football and lax. I struggle with excersize that used to be a breeze.
>>
>>28714446
Oh wow thank you my friend what a thought provoking and intricate response. I'll really remember this and cherish it for the rest of my life.
>>
>>28714446
Actually the simplicity of this is brilliant. Perhaps I've been looking at this too intricately when it's just a "do" type of issue.
>>
>>28714449
yer welcum, but no seriously, just gradually add things to your run, like an extra 5 min a day
>>28714458
and I've been where you're at exactly as far as running, just not thinking about it and doing what my coach told me helped me make varsity XC my first year
>>
>>28714360
what bout dem chilluns doe?
>>
>>28710636
Dunno about how often, but it definitely happens
>AWACS takes off with 2 trainers & a student
>immediately nosedives inna drank
>impossible to avoid running them the fuck over
Can't remember if they ever found the bodies. Recovered the dish tho, so there's that.
>>
My pressup count is 15.

If I do it once every day, it'll get better, right?
>>
>>28709678
If you can get an Intel MOS that requires top secret clearance, you'll have a good shot at getting into any federal agency like that
>>
>>28714685
35g or m or p or q for cia/dia, 35n or p or q for nsa. but you also need a degree
>>
>>28712823
Bathroom and laundry maintenance specialist
>>
>>28706726
I've never really used a Bi-pod(Mostly a fudd, not really by choice, just coincidence, and limited funds), but wouldn't putting your feet on the bipod like that, make it easier to accidentally shift your aim?

(Yes, I know I'm questioning a picture with an anime girl, meant to turn people on. Just got me actually curious)
>>
>>28714815
>these are the people answering my questions
>>
>>28714815
Thats why the bipod is shoved up against the rail, its not going anywhere. When you shoot the mk19, thats how most people shoot when its mounted on a tripod. When you shoot the m249 you usually want the bipod pressed up against a wall or sandbags to reduce recoil. But i dont think an anime image is going to give you too accurate of a representation on proper marksmanship.
>>
>>28714436
2 miles at just under 13 minutes is good enough for Rangers.
>>
if I've signed up to take MEPS and the ASVAB is there anything preventing me from backing out? My recruiter talked me into one of those temporary reservation MOS deals where I go test for the specific MOS I'm interested in and if everything goes well I sign that day. Everything seems great but when I showed my friend(retired career Army) the reservation document, she said that they are lying to me and that the MOS I'm interested in is actually selected as my third choice
>>
>>28715077
Nothing really matters until you ship out.
>>
>>28714360
recruiter told me more than 2 require a waiver or a notorized agreement with the mother fir a JAG review board
>>
File: 1233255977804.jpg (23KB, 414x425px) Image search: [Google]
1233255977804.jpg
23KB, 414x425px
>>28712823
One where you don't serve your country.

IE, none of them.
>>
>>28715077
Until you swear in, you can back out. Also, just make sure the MOS you want is on your contract before you swear in at meps. They usually have you read the contract and review it to make sure its correct. If a different MOS is on there than what you selected. Dont do it. Make sure you get what you want.
>>
File: image.png (191KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191KB, 720x1280px
>>28715206
Oh ok, so I'm good then. Probably going to walk into that recruiter's office this morning and rip that fucking reservation in half. The whole process has left a sour taste in my mouth
>told have to sign in 7 days or lose chance at MOS
>confusion over option 40 and dual citizenship...needless to say I'm not renouncing my Swiss citizenship over a try out, so no option 40
>high stress sales tactics behind closed doors
>recruiter even went as far as calling me a pussy yesterday if I was thinking of backing out after MEPS and ASVAB
>told I have to do MEPS, ASVAB, and sign same day
>is supposed to happen next Monday
that shit isn't happening if I can stop it

Pic related is what my friend had to say when we sent her a pic of the reservation document
>>
>>28715385
>water treatment ranger
>>
>>28715398
Kek, it was an option so I figured why not try
>>
>>28715385
who the fuck uses windows mobile? and this is coming from someone with a blackberry q10.
>>
>>28715406
are you the WA guy?
>>
>>28715423
>WA guy
Probably not, I did post in this thread last week asking about 92w though
>>
>>28715430
its funny you picked that MOS on purpose, your recruiter was probably laughing his ass off
>>
>>28715385
The reservation document just reserves the MOS and ship date that you want. Basically after 7 days its no longer reserved for you and anyone can grab it. You can go to MEPS, do your physical, take your ASVAB, and then if you dont like your contract, you can just say you dont want to sign and go home. No penalties at all. Only sign that contract if you want. Dont let your recruiter bully you. It's his job to give you what you want. If he's being a dick just tell him to fuck off. And enjoy it. You wont be able to tell an NCO what to do for a long time if ever. You'll never see this guy again after you ship.
>>
>>28715414
>windows mobile
Poorfags, it's my NEET friend's phone. He is how I have contact with the retired army lady
>>
>>28715443
>You'll never see this guy again after you ship.
That happens in the Army? In the AF you usually can get non-chargeable leave to assist your recruiter after tech school through a program called RAP, and it doesn't happen if your recruiter didn't like you. Maybe Army recruiters are just shit pham.
>>
>>28715486
Huh. Maybe thats if you have a delay between AIT and your first duty station...? I havnt heard much about that. I thought it was just once youre in youre in and doing your own career.
>>
>>28715220
what does this mean? a custody or support agreement? we're still together, should i just marry her or go through some dumb charade like i pay child support or something
>>
>>28715486
That happens in the Army too, but who wants to be a fucking gofer bitch for a recruiter?
>>
How do you keep your uniform from getting crumpled during transport?

Every parade night, we get our kit inspected, and although the creases from getting to the barracks and changing are passed over, I want to know how to do it perfectly.

Vacuum bags? I don't know.
>>
>>28711767

Well I can get the argument that most kids think they are going to be Jason Bourne or James Bond, but if they do and they don't realize that you could be literally sitting in a car for a week straight, sleeping, pissing in Gatorade bottles, drinking shitty old coffee, and eating terrible sandwiches it might not be exactly what they thought it was.
>>
Just took asvab. Got 99. Now navy is pushing me hard to go nuke. Any reasons not to? Also looking at army's 35 and 97 series.

Last but not least the nuke I talked to said alot of colleges take the things learned in nuke school as credits and so on. How true is that?
>>
>>28715049
that's joke tier desu senpai
>>
>>28717640
No he's about right.
>>
>>28717825
oh i believe it, its probably much harder at 180-200 lbs than 130 kek, i was using cross country/track standards
>>
Anyone know anything about the Army's 25d mos?

It's fairly new so not much information out there.
>>
>>28707362
>people joining the Marines when they can't swim

Granted you will be taught, but ding-dongs should not be fucking surprised when there's a thing called "swim qual." Just where the fuck do you think "Marine" come from? The fucking mountains?
>>
>>28718099
why would anyone join the marines anyway?
>>
>>28718267
People that join the Marines are kids that bought into movies and video games way too much.
The reasons that make the Marines a shit type branch also attract these weird kids.
Smallest Branch with the Smallest budget.
That's a shit type thing but they spin it like "few and the proud" and "do more with less"
It's a pride thing.
Why else would you deliberately choose the worst living conditions?
>>
>>28718322
*shit type is supposed to be 'shitty'
>>
>>28718022
>>28718099
>>28718322
all these dubs
>>
>>28711186
Tan belt warriooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor
>>
>>28718099
came*

>>28718267
>>28718322
Or how about it's built around being fucking tough no matter who the fuck you are. Yes, I'll concede that Marines attract the black sheep of the strangest places, but it's that very fact that we are black sheep is what makes us strong. Yeah, life sure can suck ass sometimes, but fuck man, the things I've witnessed what we can accomplish from our discipline, fear, and/or camaraderie.

But this is all just moto garble to you anyway, so I challenge you to actually get around some Marines (the plural here is key) in a training environment. POG or grunt, it won't fucking matter.
>>
>Planning on lying at MEPs about depression, asthma, and counseling.
Im fucking terrified that if I get injured or shot, that they'll pull my records and see that shit.
>>
>>28718581
i didn't say there was anything wrong with being one, it just seems bizzare to pick the shittier branch.
>>28718614
see above
>>28712291
>>
>>28718662
Counseling was a misdiagnosis?
>>
>>28718690
yes. just say you didn't need it, therefore a misdiagnosis
>>
Any soldiers here that aren't US?

Anyone from the French Legion?
>>
>>28707993
If you have a four-year degree, strongly consider going in as an officer. I say this because LCpl and the 2ndLt joke is very true plus the SNCO's who absolutely know what they're doing become an officer/WO later on anyway.

You can't get Recon as a guarantee per se, but you can get your recruiter to get you a slot for the school. Make sure you sign, at the very least, an infantry contract. NOTHING OPEN CONTRACT. Oh and don't be surprised if you can't make it through MART (this is before BRC) and then get placed in an entirely different field, i.e. not 03xx.

The M240B is fucking heavy. I remember when I had to lug that bitch around at SOI and while I felt cool, I also was hurting. Expect to hump, hump and hump some more for miles on end (and possibly steep terrain depending on where you're sent) with 70+ lbs. of shit that you might not ever pack just right so the weight will feel even more uneven and dreadful.

I haven't even touched on the fuck-fuck games, although none of this should matter, if you are SERIOUS. You will doubt yourself, even question why you even signed the dotted line; everybody at some point does. Best advice for you is to NEVER quit. Dead serious. I don't care about circumstances, life threatening or whatever.

Good luck!
>>
>>28718022
Network defense. They run you through a bunch of SANS courses then blame you when OPM 2.0 happens.
>>
New thread

>>28719773
>>
>>28716743
Anyone smart. Free goddamn leave. I did hometown recruiting as a 2LT. Worked maybe 10 hours a week.
>>
>>28712588

>lazy elitist ivy league grad with fascist sympathies
>philosophy major
>2.2 GPA

You're a sack of shit and a waste of breath. Seriously, how much time money did you waste for that god awful GPA?

And to answer your question, go become a combat engineer.
>>
>>28722710

time and money*

Damn, I wish you could edit posts.
>>
>>28722710
>2.2 GPA

Fuck nigga, did you even try?

baka tbqh famm
>>
>>28712823
Riggers
>>
>>28711349
"I want to fly cool shit."
>>
does having a lisp ('s' sound) affect the results of the medical test or infront of the juries?
>>
>>28706726

Why does every girl in that show have to take their shoes and socks off to shoot?
>>
>Know nothing about military at all. Only got interest in the latest month.

How much would a salary for a special unit soldiers be? I understand this may wary extremely but does anyone have any examples? Also, would a sniper be paid more than a ground soldier even if they work in the same task/area?
>>
I was thinking about Army Corps of Engineers. What is the training like for it?
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.