[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here will freely admit they would freeze up in a home invasion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: _20151214_053055.jpg (172KB, 1076x1076px) Image search: [Google]
_20151214_053055.jpg
172KB, 1076x1076px
Who here will freely admit they would freeze up in a home invasion or otherwise confrontational scenario?

I almost had a fight with my neighbours recently and my heart was beating so hard it felt painful.
>>
>>28573552
Every time I hear something strange at night the first thing I think of is grabbing my black guitar and swinging it by the handle at anything that comes up the stairs.

I know that thing would fuck someone's day up.
>>
>>28573552
/k/ is filled with 2 huge polar opposite userbases

the ones who have actually served in the military (they would presumably not freeze up)

and the ones who go and play militia with their friends in the woods (who presumably would freeze up (inb4 n-no im tacticool))
>>
>>28573658
I've never been in the military. I've trained BJJ and other various martial arts for 10+ years and I've had dozens upon dozens of confrontations with tweakers and crack heads that have stolen from me and my business or are just high as fuck out of their gourds. I've never had to pull my pistol on anyone but once it was close. I like to think I would not freeze up in a home invasion situation.
>>
File: 1452235654694.jpg (227KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1452235654694.jpg
227KB, 900x1350px
>I've never been in the military. I've trained BJJ and other various martial arts for 10+ years and I've had dozens upon dozens of confrontations with tweakers and crack heads that have stolen from me and my business or are just high as fuck out of their gourds. I've never had to pull my pistol on anyone but once it was close. I like to think I would not freeze up in a home invasion situation.
>>
>>28573719
Just now discovering funny fedora meme pictures?
>>
>>28573732
are you just now discovering that you belong in he latter of the 2 userbases?
>>
>>28573736
You've never physically exerted yourself in your entire life, have you?
>>
>>28573552
I'm not scared of burglars. I'm not military and never been in a fight but robbers do not scare me. I can't say for sure what I would do and adrenaline might hinder me but I wouldn't freeze up and let them get away. I don't pretend to be a leet oper8or.
>>28573656
>risking damaging your guitar
Why tho
>>
>>28573736
>there are two kinds of people in this world
thank you for your cervix
>>
everyone is in two categories and there is literally no grey area my opinion is right and factual and nothing else matters
>>
File: 1443228317334.png (231KB, 293x318px) Image search: [Google]
1443228317334.png
231KB, 293x318px
>>28573552
desu anon, i'd probably freeze up and hide somewhere with my Springfield XD. In the long run though they get peppered with like 16rds of only9mm.jpg
>>
>>28573783
Only fags don't eat crust
>>
The whole freeze up meme is fucking retarded.
I have never served, and never intend to. I have never even had any formal training, but I do have a function brain and pair of testicles.

Lo and behold much to the suprise of the snake oil tactical training community when I was attacked by a fucking pitbull I did not turn to stone for lack of TACTICALNESS. I fucking shot it and it died.

Believe it or not unless you are mentally retarded your bodies flight or fight is pretty fucking powerful.. Your either going to fight back like a maniac or nope the fuck out. You don't need to get fucked by the green weenie for four years to actually do something when the shit hits the fan.
>>
>>28573798
I'm a literal fag and I eat the crust
>>
>>28573798
>eating the crust
I'll bet you eat pizza without a proper knife and fork too!
>>
File: 1449466613504.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449466613504.png
129KB, 300x300px
>>28573719
>>28573658
DANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX
>>
>>28573809
you may be gay but you don't sound like a fag fellow crust consumer.
>>
>>28573807
BUT BUT IF YOU HAVE'NT HAVE MILITARY TRAINING DERPD ERP FUCAFGOTAFAGGOT
>>
>>28573809
you can be gay without being a fag
>>
It's the opposite for me.

When I lived in Orlando, some bangers tried to break into my apartment, and without even really thinking about it, I put three rounds into the wall and door. There was no real panic because my brain just went, okay, loud noise that shouldn't be here, someone kicking in the door, grab pistol and load mag. The adrenaline came after I'd already fired and began wondering what I'd say to the police.

Conversely, stuff like missing deadlines at work can easily put me into a panic attack. I fear innocuous shit worse than shit that can kill me.
>>
I saw a guy get shot in the face by a mugger when I was 14 and I didn't freeze up
>>
>>28573851
this desu senpai

Ive felt absurdly calm in the few actually life threatening situations ive been in. But I'll fucking sit their for hours feeling nervous before a date.
>>
To be completely honest I've had several scares before where I've grabbed a gun and was ready to defend my family, luckily it was no one breaking in. Though I don't know how I would react to a confrontation with burglars, I know that I've been ready for it before and at the time I legitimately thought someone was breaking in and I got up ready to confront them.

>>28573658
Lmfao k sure good for you m80.
>>
File: petro canada.jpg (35KB, 470x309px) Image search: [Google]
petro canada.jpg
35KB, 470x309px
>>28573552

The more you do it the less afraid you will become. Some people never feel comfortable with it, but if you just learn to stop taking shit from people it becomes less frightening.

Some brick shithouse tried to start a fight with me in the liquor store right before Christmas. He cut in line, I politely told him not to, and he stepped back despite giving me some loud attitude. I paid for my shit and left, and as I was walking across the parking lot he comes out the door and starts screaming "YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE I SHOULD BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID IN THERE etc."

So I walked back to him and asked him what his problem was, he starts screaming more insane shit about how I almost made the biggest mistake of my life, how he could kill me if he wanted to, etc. I just told him to fuck off and shut his mouth, that he wasn't going to do shit in front of 60 people and a dozen security cameras. When he realized his stupid redneck shitshow wasn't having the effect he hoped it would, he turned around and stormed off (still mumbling tuffguy shit, of course).

If you just stay calm and don't start yelling, asswipes don't know how to deal. Most people are actually cowards, but they feel emboldened by the fact that most people are cowards, so they try to take advantage of it. This cunt probably talks to people like that all the time, but no one ever calls him on his shit so he gets what he wants.

I feel that if someone ever broke into my home I'd be so fucking furious at the thought of them wrecking my home, and the sheer audacity of their shitty behaviour, that I wouldn't freeze up. Not because I'm an uber tuffguy or anything, but because I was bullied a lot as a kid and I never really let go of that anger. Some day it's going to explode on someone, probably some mugger that I'll end up beating to death with a torque wrench.
>>
>>28573807
cool story bro
>>
File: toyota-fjdesert-adms.jpg (120KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-fjdesert-adms.jpg
120KB, 1024x685px
>>28573946
>at the time I legitimately thought someone was breaking in and I got up ready to confront them.

That's a comforting feel, to have that innate knowledge that you possess some level of courage. I'm glad you've never had to shoot anyone or deal with a home invasion, but it's good to know your own limits. +1 anon.
>>
File: 1451439633772.jpg (37KB, 238x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451439633772.jpg
37KB, 238x400px
I don't know. I've never really had that kind of scenario. I did learn that I do get incredibly angry though during confrontations. At the store I work at, I beat some homeless thief's face in pretty bad.
>>
>>28573807

There's a lot of people who would freeze up though, their brain is overwhelmed by even the slightest amount of stress or disorder. You see it in stuff like car accidents, the way people go almost catatonic and can't function properly. Even minor fender-benders can have this effect.

Then there's the newer phenomenon of law-induced fear. People who are otherwise mentally capable of managing stress, but they're so afraid of the potential legal ramifications for fighting, restraining someone, etc. that they allow themselves to become a victim.

>be me when I'm 10 years old
>at the mall
>bunch of guys arguing
>one throws a sucker punch and knocks the other guy on his back
>jumps on him and starts punching him
>his friend jumps in and starts kicking the guy in the head and shoulders
>I start screaming "daddy help him help him! they're hurting him!"
>dad looks at me and just shakes his head

>tells me years later that he'd probably have been charged with assault for interfering
>would've had a criminal record
>would've fucked up his ability to find work
>and provide for us
>and give me the awesome childhood I had
>finally appreciate why some people just don't get involved in shit
>realize it doesn't mean they're cowards, just means they have a lot to lose
>>
>>28573552

This thread is basically confirming that half of gun owners are indeed spineless losers who merely fantasize about shooting people and are unable to exchange fisticuffs without having a heart attack.
>>
>>28574030

Do you own the store? Is it your family business or something?

Or are you just some raging autist at Walmart who beat a hobo for stealing bananas?
>>
>>28574030
>versai
>>
Care to give us a story about your fight, OP?
>>
>>28573658
If i have a really good reason to, id gladly beat someone the fuck to death.
>>
>>28574065

Neighbours probably told him to stop letting his hotpocket boxes blow out of the recycling bin and onto their lawn. OP determined this was grounds for a physical confrontation, but alas it was averted when he discovered the boxes could be used to defecate in. Now his neighbour is satisfied, and OP never has to leave his room to use the toilet.
>>
File: tuffguy.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tuffguy.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>28574081
>id gladly beat someone the fuck to death.
>>
>>28573552
I was at the range with my brother, the first time ive gone shooting since I left the military 4 years ago. I wear a FLC with 9mm pouches. This guy later which later my brother pointed out to me seemed like a cop, stop right in my path to open the door to the range. At the same time my brother asked me for a 9mm mag.

For a split second I freezed up but I used my military training. I put my and on the button and poped it off with one hand, took out the mag with the other and reach around this cop dude. The while he was still watching me I returned to the position of attention with both hand ready to snap shut my 9mm pouch.

I dont have PTSD but I have this weird 1000 yard stare that lets me watch my periphrasis its weird.
>>
>>28573851
>mfw I know this feel
>mfw I live in orlando

Where in orlando fellow Floridian?
>>
File: tr8rcomp.png (60KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
tr8rcomp.png
60KB, 226x226px
>>28574056
Na. It's a grocery store.
>guy stole some liquor
>he empties pockets when he's surrounded by three of us
>manager for some reason wants to apprehend him instead of telling him to fuck off and never come back
>he starts struggling so we pin him against the wall
>he spits in my face
>proceed to beat his face in with my loose arm
Him spitting at me for some reason awoke something I never thought I had in me
>>
>>28573775

Maybe deep down you hate burglars too much to fear
>>
>>28574127

Sell all your guns.
>>
>>28574127
fucking degenerate scum, you should tied him to a chair and lit him on fire

it angers me when the underclasses don't know their place, particularly when they're so indignant about it
>>
I dont lock my doors to protect myself, i lock them to protect the bad guys who might come in
>>
>>28573957
But then you'll have to buy another torque wrench, they get knocked out of spec pretty easy.

Also im too patient when people decide to nig out at me, and i really dont want to have to clean up and deal with "the law". I would absolutely fucking LOVE to beat someone to fucking death
>>
>>28574104
>guy steps in front of the door im gonna walk into gotta think quick!
> I used my military training to walk around him
Fucking faggot pog
>>
>>28574143
It's not that I care about myself or my stuff being harmed, it's that I can't let the asshole who did it get away.
>>
>>28573807
Broke my arm once, humerus specifically. My arm was pointing backwards. I pulled myself up and cranked it back into position and got a few people to help me.

I had to literally talk other people through my symptoms, that I was going into shock, had tunnel vision, needed oxygen - including a qualified first aider who'd never had to use it.

I've also completely frozen up for 5 seconds when someone got mugged 20m in front of me, and when someone sucker punched me.

Other times I've been proactive and moved without thinking.

You have good days and bad days, you train, practice and put yourself in safe high pressure situations to make sure you still respond on bad days.
>>
File: 46880f68b.png (206KB, 570x359px) Image search: [Google]
46880f68b.png
206KB, 570x359px
>>28574172
>I would absolutely fucking LOVE to beat someone to fucking death

You sound like a healthy, well-rounded individual. Definitely the type of person who should be allowed to own firearms.
>>
>>28573552
I've had my ass kicked enough times to no longer flinch.

If someone starts something with me I stare them down and if they get closer I just bulldoze into them.
>>
>>28574161
>degenerate
>underclasses
Stormfag get out
>>
>>28573552
Adrendaline always kicks in its why you train so training takes over. My thing is i know when shits gonna pop off so in my head I will think of a scene that calms me. for me its eating berrys picked straight off the old farm. I see the weather the taste the smell. Then i do my decisions.
>>
I would probably be shaking like a kid about to lose his virginity with sweat just dripping from my pores and feeling like my chest is going to burst like I'm a B character in an Alien movie if I had to challenge someone at gun point.

I usually consider myself a fast and rational thinker but then again I've never been in an incredibly stressful situation like that. The only thing I can do besides actually confronting someone at gunpoint is to just keep practicing drills.

I am a firm believer that people who are interested or fascinated by being in a self defense situation are so because they want to know if they would have the moxie to actually pull the trigger, not for the thrill of having to use a gun for what its main purpose is.

I think I would be able to but I would also think I'd be fucked up about it for a while, knowing I actually took a life or tried to or even what if I had messed up and I was the one who was taken away on a stretcher.
Lots of people hope there is a boogieman when they hear that bump in the night, but deep down every time I hear a thud and I clear rooms with gun I always hope that I can end up just going back to bed after I'm done.
>>
>>28574357
congratulations, you are normal.
>>
>>28574194
Using your mentality if he wanted to shoot you he would of done so when you walked around him. Atleast I would of seen it coming. Newb
>>
>>28573656
>guitar
>handle
You don't play that guitar do you?
>>
>>28573656
>Not just any of guitars a WARM BLACK DINGUS
>>
>>28573658
>welfare queen makes implications
Top lel
>>
>>28573552
You say that OP but I know that my wife's life could be at risk if I were to fail. Never will I let that happen.
>>
>>28573552
My cat. That's all I need to think about, if I freeze up he could be raped and killed. The wife and kids would be fucking useless in a firefight.
>>
>>28573809
you're gay but thanks for not being a faggot, anon
>>
>>28574566
Look a NEET with insecurities relating to his lack of production for society.
>>
>>28573552
To be completely honest I am rather afraid that I might freeze. I've never been in a serious fight in my life, but I've been around other people in bad situations and my first instinct was to try to make myself invisible and get away from the scene instead of intervening - and that's what I generally ended up doing, slipping away and avoiding any interference. It might be different if it was something that involved me directly.
>>
I'm a lot more worried I'd magdump ineffectively. I have no doubt that I could pull the trigger, but I'm not sure I could do it with enough discipline.

honestly that thought is even more unsettling than freezing up. what's more embarrassing in an autopsy report: "froze in fear" or "fired back but was too shit to make it count"
>>
>>28574418
Well he could be Steve Vai
>>
Freezing up is caused by a lack of direction in a new/unexpected situation. Any good training or even visualization or mental reversal would solve that.
>>
>>28577528
Kek
>>
>>28577238
>be me
>have telecommunications job
>basically run fiber optic lines through conduits and if necessary run the conduits
>100 grand a year for doing construction
>out of every single vet who comes to the company quits
>there's maybe 5 who have stayed

Y'all are faggots who talk a lot of shit, go to the gym, then get winded 8 hours into the day. No wonder we lost in Afghanistan and ISIS is fucking up Iraq.
>>
>>28573552
idk that i would freeze up but when i wake up im disoriented as fuck, so id probably ND into the floor/ ceiling / wall then proceed to simultaneously shit/piss my pants.
>>
>>28573798
Only fat shits eat the crust
>>
>>28577614
skeleton detected
>>
>>28573552
After working graveyard at a convenience store I know for a fact I am willing to chase down/swing at nigs with a length of rebar.

I specifically remember thinking "even if this nigger has a gun at least I can brain him and take him with me". Turns out I get more angry than afraid.

As an aside, insurance companies would rather you just give up the cash because the payout if the theif or staff are injured is much higher than what is ever in the till and can actually refuse to pay out if staff have a weapon behind the counter for defence.
>>
>>28577578
this
>>
>>28574040

I remember when a bunch of drug addicts started shooting up right beneath our office kitchen window, the moment I found out my first gut reaction was to put the kettle on and pour boiling water on them out of the window.

As it was boiling it came to mind that since they weren't even in the building and weren't posing a direct threat to anyone I was probably not legally justified in scalding them.

The law-induced fear thing definitely rings true, in a situation like that I'd probably be afraid to get involved because I'm not at all good at proportional force.
>>
File: Espresso_Hershey_Squirt.gif (2MB, 253x372px) Image search: [Google]
Espresso_Hershey_Squirt.gif
2MB, 253x372px
>>28577578
>Hur dur I make $100,000 a year.

Just like everyone else on the internet.

Nice meme girl.
>>
>>28573552
I used to have nightmares about fighting people, where I would swing at them but it was impossible to connect. IRL my heartrate would skyrocket when a fight was emminent.

Then I wrestled for 4 years, got in incredible shape, learned to box, and now fights dont frighten me anymore. Now, I dont want to get in them needlessly, because I am aware of the lasting physical damage I could receive ( or dish out, jail = suck).

Now the only nightmares I have are about women. Im working on it.
>>
>>28577701
Not much in the civilian world will test your metal like customer service in a bad area after 2 am. All NEETs can get this job, all /k/ommandos should do it for a year, puts you on a swivel, teaches to judge character from a distance, anticipate actions of unstable folk, build self confidence and independence with a realistic understanding of police response time.
>>
>>28578084
Look up how much fiber technicians can make, if you work 40 hours a week you make 80 grand easy. With 10-20 hours overtime you can make 100.
Its not hard work, but you have to work all day whether its 110 out or 38 and wet. Suprisingly most "combat vets" wont and try to sit in the truck cabs all day on their cell phone.
>>
I'm more afraid of shooting someone I shouldn't in the heat of the moment, out of fear that hesitation will get me shot. I've had loaded guns pointed at me in anger and all it did was piss me off, so I'm not worried about freezing up or not being able to drop the hammer.

>>28577730
Did they actually steal or damage anything? If not, your rage seems misplaced.
>>
>>28578170
>I've had loaded guns pointed at me in anger
Like, more than once? You're doing something wrong, m80.
>>
File: 4BNL000Z.jpg (53KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
4BNL000Z.jpg
53KB, 360x450px
>>28578120
>Now the only nightmares I have are about women. Im working on it.

Watch porn and practice a lot, you'll get over it.
>>
>>28578135
Oh, I see.

You're an installer with Comcast.

Regardless of your "Profession" incomes vary based on location. You would know that if you weren't a 19 year old edgy memester.

I like how you mentioned veterans going to the gym. What possible relevance does that have unless you're super insecure about something.

You don't even know what a full day of work is boo-boo.
>>
>>28573552
I have the opposite problem. I tend to react and take action before thinking things through.

Whereas my wife automatically flees scary situations.
>>
I honestly enjoy fighting. I've never picked a fight on purpose though, but I sure have made people acting like jackasses rethink their attitude through the persuasion of my knuckles A LOT. I hate people who bully. I hate when people hurt others for NOTHING other than to push their misery onto others. Beating the fuck out of these individuals is a great feeling. I've been in two fights while carrying and not once did I feel the need to escalate the situation into that, even though there were multiple people involved.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.