[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shield or XDS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: blog-dxs-and-shield-review.jpg (31KB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
blog-dxs-and-shield-review.jpg
31KB, 400x206px
Looking to get a carry pistol when my income tax comes in. Should I get the Shield or the XDS? Right now I'm leaning towards the shield, though I'm not really sure why?
>>
>>28461094

Handle and fire both if you can. They're both fine guns. I picked the XDs. It's all about personal preference.
>>
I think grip safeties are the worst thing ever...particularly if you take a high purchase..so i would take the shield...
>>
wrong its the PPS
>>
>>28461184
The grip safety on all XD is very generous and effortless to engage, anyone who has fired an XD can agree. You can't effectively hold and fire an XD without engaging the grip safety, this argument of being in a dynamic self defense situation and needing to fire the gun while not depressing the safety is so dumb.
>>
>>28461240
>this argument of being in a dynamic self defense situation and needing to fire the gun while not depressing the safety is so dumb.

This. My dad has an xd and I do jokingly give him shit for it but fuck it, he likes the safety. Did people back in the day meme on about how 1911's had grip safeties for the last 100+ years? Funny how I'm slowly starting to ease off on the xd hate over time now.

OP, it's what's comfortable for you. Want an extra security measure? What nobody ever talks about is how you can actually use the grip safety when reholstering to make it even safer, not that there's anything inherently dangerous about having a something like a thumbless shield or glock 43
>>
>muh grip safety

The XDS is my EDC. The grip safety is a non issue. Not sure why this meme won't die. You never hear 1911 fags whine about grip safeties.
>>
>>28461094
I have the xds in 9mm and love it. Grip safety has zero effect on shooting the weapon.
>>
I have a XDs
Talon Grip Wrap is highly recommended. I went with rubber
>>
If you get the XD-s

Go 4 inch senpai
Or get a Glock 43

And on top of both, grab yourself a Rugay LCP with leftover tax return and a couple bucks extra depending on your tax return.
>>
>>28461965
I don't like grip safeties, but I'd carry an XD-s

>1911 fags don't whine about grip safeties

Why... Yes in fact, because they're 1911 fags...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.