[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Build a plane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Alright /k/, cause there is a Battleship design thread going on, lets make a aircraft design thread.

Following Classifications of Aircraft will be built:
Attack(yes you A-10 fanboys can stick your dick in this thread)
Bomber
Fighter
Multirole(>inb4 F-35 derailment)
Recon
Interceptor
Ideas that appeal to me the most shall be constructed to the best of my ability in Kerbal.
pic unrelated
>>
>>28455565
Damn, the Corsair is sexy. Well, now I have to play Xenonauts again.
>>
>>28455565
Tiny wings, with a fuckhuge engine and a vulcan.
No canards and tailplane up on rudder.
Make it around 1m across.
That should make a good interceptor, and If you cant take off under 350km/h you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>28455565
Bumping, good thread IMO
>>
I've had an idea where a Gulfstream G650 was "stealthed-up" and used as a kind of reconnaissance/mini-AWACS aircraft.
>>
File: WWII day by Day.webm (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
WWII day by Day.webm
2MB, 500x280px
>>28455565
Bump with History...
>>
>>28456426
Dragon ISR?

http://www.lockheedmartin.com.au/us/products/dragon-isr.html
>>
>>28456426
The problem is, retrofitting existing airframes for VLO doesn't work that well.

The Air Force has been asking this question since the late 70s.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 435x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 435x360px
Simple, Super Tomcat 21
>>
>>28456504
Well damn
>>
File: 1410838204074.jpg (28KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
1410838204074.jpg
28KB, 800x535px
>>28456564
>>
>>28456493
>http://www.lockheedmartin.com.au/us/products/dragon-isr.html

That's pretty neat. I'm not sure, but I think there's one of these flying out of my local airport all the time. Matte grey like the one in the picture, but it doesn't have a big instrument pod on the underside from what I can tell. It's got a shitlot of antennas, though, and no easily visible identifiers.

Would there be any reason for one of these things to be operating in someplace as po-dunk and uninteresting as north central Florida?
>>
>>28455565
fly very fast and hav big bom. this is best plane i have build
>>
>>28456645
Hmm not sure... did it have a pod on the end of each wing? Could have been a Lear jet, I've seen a couple with several antennas all along the dorsal spine, usually matte grey.
>>
modernize a b-2, stuff it to the fucking brim with AMRAAM, send it up with multiple AWACS drones that find targets so the missile truck doesnt have to radiate
>>
>>28456805
B1R...
>>
>>28456765
Nope. Just the up-turned wing tips. It takes off every other day and does big loops around the area.

I assumed it was a trainer, but the company that actually does jet training at the airport uses white Learjets - the ones with the fuel pods (I'm assuming) at the ends of the wings. I also thought it belonged to the Sheriff's office out here, but they don't have a jet on the books, just a couple of helos.
>>
>>28455565

I want fully automated fighters to be a thing. Include a functional cockpit for the sake of redundancy but the AI is smart enough to handle most mission profiles on its own with minimal human guidance. The ground crews tell it what to do and then it just does it and comes back when the job is done, or when it needs more fuel/ammo. I was actually writing up some ideas for possible modes earlier (autism, I know) so might as well post em.

Reconnaissance: The aircraft will not use weapons, even if it is attacked. The aircraft will only evade or use countermeasures if it is targeted.

Air Patrol: The aircraft will only use its weapons to retaliate if it is targeted by another aircraft or a credible ground-based threat such as a SAM launcher.

Air Defense: The aircraft will guard a specified airspace automatically engage any aircraft (that meets threat criteria) trespassing within the designated area. Ground targets will be ignored.

Strike Mission: The aircraft can be programmed to strike at specific ground target. Air targets will be ignored unless they are nearby and pose a credible theat. The aircraft will engage the designated target until it is destroyed, then return to base.

Armed Overwatch: The aircraft will follow friendly ground forces and provide air support as requested. May be programmed to target certain units like tanks automatically without needing a request.
>>
>>28456816
yeah but with stealth instead of fast
>>
>Interceptor
I hereby propose that we abolish this category and replace it with an ultra-long-range SAM instead.
>>
>>28456833
That's pretty interesting actually
>>
>>28456906
It makes me a little paranoid sometimes because my Wednesday work route follows the east and north sides of his loop and it seems like he's following me. I may be in the market for some commercial grade tinfoil.
>>
>>28455565
I just want a XB-70 sized hypersonic interceptor to ride the edge of the atmosphere with.

Is that really too much to ask
>>
File: 1451241118105.jpg (410KB, 1800x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1451241118105.jpg
410KB, 1800x1416px
Tbh senpaitachi my wishes are

An even MORE modernized mig 21, sone thing like a super bis.

Hypersonic ramjet powered diamond fighter

A precooled sabre engine powered suborbital fighter.

I'll test some designs in ksp and post pics later
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.