[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw gonna lose my rights cause anxiety and depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: no_brakes.jpg (315KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
no_brakes.jpg
315KB, 786x800px
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/obama-gun-control-rule-mental-illness-217340

Will this affect me I'm freaking out.

At least I have my current funs ;-;

Should I ask my psychiatrists office how they will report this? Why are the mentally ill becoming second class citizens again?

I hate the government I wanna go to bed.
>>
>>28442452
>Will this affect me
Can you currently possess a firearm?
Yes? Then you're fine.
No? You're as fucked as you were before.
>>
>>28442452
Holy shit are you me?
>>
>>28442465
Yes I can. But this still makes me nervous as fuck and I am mad about the dismantling of HIPAA
>>
>>28442452
I don't know how many times I have to explain this, but you still have to actually be declared incompetent and/or forcibly committed by a court to lose your purchasing rights this way.
>>
>>28442491
You'll be fine. It's clear all they're trying to do is make it so all 50 states can submit health records to the FBI.

It's bullshit, but it doesn't hurt you if you can already own a firearm.
>>
>>28442543

That's not what the article states... It sets up a separate path to blacklisting. If a doctor thinks you could possibly be one day dangerous they report you. But is it such an individual thing, or do they report everybody in their care who is unstable? Many psychs are liberal twats and hate guns, they think nobody should have guns especially their patients.
>>
>>28442646
It has been like that for years.

>A person is “adjudicated as a mental defective” if a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority has made a determination that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:

>Is a danger to himself or to others
>etc
>etc
>>
File: proofs.jpg (63KB, 752x565px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.jpg
63KB, 752x565px
>>28442646
>>
why are the majority of gun guys so paranoid?
>>
>>28442972
I'd be paranoid also if someone took something from me over the course of 80 years and kept asking for more, while giving nothing back in return.
>>
>>28442998
who took what from you over the course of 80 years, pray tell?
>>
>>28443019
Freedoms
>>
>>28443019
Are you retarded? Do you suck dicks?
>>
File: 1447888807649.jpg (813KB, 750x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1447888807649.jpg
813KB, 750x3200px
>>28443019
>>
>>28443102
it's like your metaphor forgot that your "cake" started out as a muzzle loader with rudimentary rifling...
MY FREEDOMS!

noice
>>
>>28443169
Are you talking about period firearms? wouldn't it be funny if the past had things from the future?
>>
>>28442550

It doesn't hurt you so long as your current mental health care provider doesn't decide that you can't own firearms. Or that any of your past providers don't look through their records and decide that you can't own firearms.

So basically, your Second Amendment rights hang solely on the opinions of people who not only keep records on you that you can't personally access, but aren't really subject to any actual scientific standards.
>>
>>28443169
>started as militia captured field cannons in the hands of private individuals and private battleships
ftfy

go be a cuckhold somewhere else
>>
>>28442776

And who is this court/board/judge going to listen to?

Your psychologist.
>>
>>28443202
wait, I can't have my own ICBM, why live?
>>
>>28443217
Hi Mr. Musk, didn't know people who could afford ballistic missiles for recreational use posted on 4chan with us proles.
>>
OP, if you aren't dangerous and you've sought help voluntarily it won't affect you
If they try to stop you, bring it to court, using your years of eventless firearms ownership as a character reference. Or friends. If you have those
>>
>>28443169
>The founding fathers
>The men who built this nation from the ground up
>Were so terminally fucking retarded they could not possibly have conceived that weapons technology would advance at some point in the future and thus write their laws accordingly

This is about the caliber of what you're saying right now. The constitution does not say "muskets", it says "arms."

>Buh buh it's a living document-
then amend it.

>But that's haaaard
Wow, it's almost like you're not a majority or even anywhere close to a majority and as such you and your policy goals can fuck right off
>>
>>28443273
you would be very disappointed if gun control was left in the hands of the majority my friend
>>
>>28443299
>so deluded that you actually think this
>really thinking your vocal minority of shrill soccermoms is the voice or will of the common man
/r/guns is that way cuck, I think you got lost.
>>
>>28443299
http://www.thisnation.com/textbook/constitution-amend.html

since civics isn't your strongsuit, read up kiddo.
>>
>>28443337
>>28443354

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig
>>
>>28443273
Also don't forget that firearms capable of multiple shots were around then, the contenimtal congress even looked into procuring them.

>>28443299
And you would be quickly dead
>>
>>28443409
>implying I'm going to bother clicking that shit nigga
>implying if it is not pants on head retarded and wrong that it will support your retarded assertions and platitudes
>>
>>28443434
there is no law that says you can't stay ignorant
>>
>>28443431
>And you would be quickly dead
how do you figure?
>>
when I was 9 I was involuntarily admitted to a mental hospital.

9, I KID YOU NOT!

For being a danger to others

I cant even have a hunting rifle.

murica
>>
>>28443455
having no discernible point besides "being a cuck" has nothing to do with the fact that the US became an oligarchy in 2012
>>
>>28443409
T-he elites want guns!
N-Nra funds lobbying!

Nigger, bill gates, the richest motherfucker on this entire planet, is anti gun. THE RICHEST MAN EVER, IS ANTI GUN.

He could buy so many damn lobbyists it'd make your head spin. But we still have "uncontrolled" "Wild West" gun laws. Maybe the majority is pro gun, or at least neutral. Crazy as it seems, it may be possible.

And come to think of it, what 10%er cares about guns laws?
>>
>>28443191
Yeah, this has always kinda been the case. Though, to be fair, that's something you probably should've seen coming, and do have some legal leverage to nullify if you do; a judge would still have to sign off on something like that, hence why "adjudicated mentally defective" is still the nomenclature on our favorite form.

>>28443244
And this is the best answer for those worried if seeing a shrink for the time their brother died will deny them their right to firearm ownership. A few good character witnesses and years of problem-free firearm ownership would go a long way to show any reasonable judge that you are of sound mind and good character.

This is my interpretation, at least. To be honest, I've always been a little foggy on this, so if anyone has more information on this topic, please respond. A lot of us would like to hear what you have to say.
>>
>>28442972

What if I told you that your right to free speech or freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures was wholly dependant upon the whims of the media, disconnected politicians and a gaggle of reddit-tier mouthbreathing liberals? Like, any or all of these things could be rescinded in total or in part with no nod to legality or even reason. Would that not make you the teensiest bit nervous?

I know I just fed the troll, but it had to be said.
>>
>>28442452
Jake shut up and go to bed
>>
>>28443486

If you had seen people committed for the things I have seen people committed for, that would worry you a whole hell of a lot more than it does right now.
>>
>>28443489
I'm not at all afraid of that happening, because I'm not paranoid.
>>
>>28442972
Because of random laws that keep on trying to take our fucking guns is why.
>the government isn't coming for your guns
No, they'll chip away at magazines first, then certain rifles, then handguns (you don't NEEEED a small semi auto) then they'll take the rest.
>inb4 never happened

It's happened a lot of places before, and it may happen again.
>>
>>28443504
Stories?
>>
>>28443507
le i have nothing to hide guy.jpg

>>>/lgbt/ is that way
>>
>>28443595
it's a troll. why else would someone come to /k/ and act deliberately obtuse?
>>
>>28442452
>has anxiety
>"I'm freaking out"

Lmao calm down kid.
>>
>>28443616
actually I come to /k/ because I like guns, but damn, this place is filled with retards
>>
File: 1452024328154.jpg (105KB, 706x522px) Image search: [Google]
1452024328154.jpg
105KB, 706x522px
>>
>>28443501

Ich heiße Zack
>>
>>28442452
A lot of people are in the same boat, or are going to be in the same boat as you.

I had a breakdown when I was 18, and have been involuntarily hospitalized. Since then I have not been able to legally own a gun in my state. I know I do not plan to use a gun to take my own life, but government agencies and paranoid people think otherwise.

I'm still a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, and occasionally my best friend takes to me to a shooting range. However, my rights have been blown away in a blink of an eye because of my visit to the psych ward 10 years ago.

This is why, even now. I don't agree to any more psychometric testing made be a credible psychiatrist. Because you never know if there is a point in your future were they will be authorized to use the information against you. Who knows; maybe they'll revoke your right to have a job and drive a car....arguments can be made about anything as long as it is for the "safety" of others.

As long as you are not "involuntarily admitted" to a psych ward or agree to any testing you should be in good shape.

And don't fall to the illusion that psychologists know what's best for you. Just play the game, but don't agree to any testing or recorded interviews. My mistake was not realized that I was still in control.
>>
>>28443668
Tears are good enough to persuade people at or bellow average IQ. And that's all you need to gain majority support.
>>
>>28442998
You're over 80?
>>
File: 1429031872.05706101.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1429031872.05706101.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>
File: JPFO.jpg (41KB, 576x399px) Image search: [Google]
JPFO.jpg
41KB, 576x399px
>>28443871
Shit, dude. Would you be able to own a gun if you moved states?
>>
>>28442452
You're only fucked if you're a merchant and aren't already following FFL laws.
>>
>>28444315
Some states....and depends on the gun you want to by. Concealable guns are harder to get.

And if background checks become universal, all gun sellers must do the background check.
>>
>>28443240
If there is hope, it lies in the proles.
>>
>>28442452
no, fuck off
>>
>>28443169
And you only have freedom of speech using hand-cranked presses and your own voice.

The framers could not have conceived of the Internet.
>>
>>28443299
>you would be very disappointed if gun control was left in the hands of the majority
In the past TWO years:

Majority of Americans are now opposed to banning Assault Weapons
Vast Majority of of Americans are opposed to banning handguns since the 1990s (almost 80% at times)
Majority of Americans think the 2nd Amendment is for private citizens to own guns, not just the National Guard or military
Majority now support gun rights against gun control
The NRA has 60 percent support among Americans
(ABC and Gallup poll historical data on guns since the late 1950s to now)

If it was left to the majority, the Assault Weapons Ban wouldn't even be discussed today, you fuckwit.
>>
Gatling guns aren't considered automatic/machine guns right? You'd think it would be more widespread in the US for that reason.
>>
File: DC9834262.jpg (21KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
DC9834262.jpg
21KB, 432x288px
Fuck all of this bullshit. Getting this tatt done. If you fucking care about RKBA and will never let them take it away, its time to show it.
>>
The plan is to make everyone mentally ill so they can remove guns.
>>
File: 1409255566593.png (33KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409255566593.png
33KB, 800x500px
>>28442972
>>28443019
>>28443169
>>28443299
>>
>>28448617

>Getting a tat

How about becoming a sheriff and arresting federal agents trying to enforce this horseshit in your county?

Why don't amurri/k/ans collectively fill positions of influence or make commitment to the rights they love so much by dedicating their time and effort to defend them?

I'm not doggin' you on the piece, just saying that getting ink put on your skin hardly shows your dedication for furthering the cause.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.