[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Defense and Ear Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: ear-protection.jpg (60KB, 550x384px) Image search: [Google]
ear-protection.jpg
60KB, 550x384px
So, I recently shot a gun inside of a house without ear pro, and my fucking world lit up. It was like a flashbang without the flash.

I'm seriously considering getting earpro of some kind that would be usable in a tactical sense. Does anyone with maybe military/police experience (or otherwise) clearing buildings have input on this?
>>
File: 51qLCHEV6ML._SL1000_.jpg (53KB, 776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51qLCHEV6ML._SL1000_.jpg
53KB, 776x1000px
I know exactly what you mean anon, ex mil myself with the unfortunate experience of shooting indoors with no ear pro. I keep a pair of these hanging on my bedpost for this exact situation. Great for the price and you still have situational awareness because of the amplification.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P2H7WPM/ref=twister_B00PU1BB1Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
>>
>>28435518
You huge faggot
>>
File: B207_Vertex_OptimeII_Advance.jpg (233KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
B207_Vertex_OptimeII_Advance.jpg
233KB, 575x575px
Chainsaw helmet with strobe headlamp or bust.
>>
>>28435518
Peltor comtacs are pretty good. If sit well on your head they muffle sound pretty well while you are able to hear everything around you.

I'm sure there are cheaper active earpros around tho
>>
>>28435518

Surefire EPx is the only factually correct answer. You can still hear conversations and stuff, but it filters out loud noises.
>>
>>28435518

A) what's the story behind your shooting?
B) you'll have a harder time in court if you shoot someone and put earpro on first.
>>
Suppress your HD gun.
>>
>>28435759

>court

kek
>>
>>28435763

This is the only legit answer to these threads.

The fucking last thing you should be doing is fumbling around with ear protection while someone is in your house who you think you might have to shoot.

If you're that worried about it drop the cash on a suppressor.
>>
>>28435775

Okay then faggot, what earpro should I use while I'm waiting for the stamp?
>>
>>28435787
As someone that hunts in a goose pit without ear pro.

Quit being a pussy. Your life is worth more than some slight hearing damage.
>>
>>28435787

You missed the point entirely.

Don't fucking worry about it when there's more important shit happening.
>>
>>28435803
Back it up, tough guy. We can have more than one of those things.
>>
>>28435803
>than some slight hearing damage.
guy without serious tinnitus spotted
>>
It being loud can scare home invaders away.

Or just suppress it, silly goose.
>>
>>28435803

WHAT? YOU HAD A GOOD SHIT WITHOUT A TP ROLL?

>>28435811

I'M MR. APPOINTMENT TIREDLY?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28435759
>2016
>not sleeping with earpro on

But really who needs to know you out on the earpro before shooting
>>
>>28435847

Then get a can.

Don't fumble around in the dark with earpro. Pretty simple.
>>
>>28435836
Nah, my tinnitus is pretty bad. Like I said, goose pit without ear pro.
>>
>>28435759
what are you talking about?
>put earpro on
>shoot bad guy
>take earpro off anytime afterwards before cops get there
>>
Suppressors don't silence guns and it still required that you wear earspro when shooting with it. Don't listen to the suppressor lobbyists saying you'll have trouble figuring out ear plugs in a tense situation. If you're too retarded for that then you shouldn't have a gun in the house to begin with.
>>
>>28435886

>still required that you wear earspro when shooting with it.

Uhhh....no it isn't.
>>
>>28435598
I second these, mine came in the mail yesterday and as soon as I tried them out it put a huge smile on my face.
>>
>>28435737
>strobe headlamp
Never operate machinery like that with a strobe headlamp.
>>
>>28435775
is there any legal ramifications for using a suppressor in a defensive shooting?
i know the cops usually take the gun after you shoot the guy for "evidence". is there any chance of seeing your can ever again? any chance to ever get another stamp in the future?
>>
>>28435886
Doesn't matter if a suppressor doesn't completely silence a gun. Having a suppressor indoors is a hell of a lot better than not having one
>>
>>28435988
I am not a lawyer, but it was explained to me by mine that there are no extra legal ramifications.

It will be taken as evidence, assuming you are not criminally convicted for the shooting you will receive it back.

Yes there is a chance you will not see it again, if it was not a good shoot and you are convicted of murder or felony manslaughter, you will not get to play with your funs again.

If you are not convicted of any wrong doing, a defensive shoot should have no bearing on future NFA purchases.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.