[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Beretta 92 Compact a good buy for my first conceal carry gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: m9a1compactbruniton_zoom001.jpg (62KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
m9a1compactbruniton_zoom001.jpg
62KB, 834x600px
Is the Beretta 92 Compact a good buy for my first conceal carry gun?
>>
>>28429692
its not even a good buy for your tenth
>>
>>28429692
I did. It's a great pistol, but you won't be wearing any tight-fitting shirts with it.
>>
>>28429692

The thing is, it's not even "compact."

Might as well go fullsize 92 with a shoulder holster if you want to CC a beretta
>>
Too big for easy CC, imo.
>>
>Any Beretta 92 variant
>CC
>>
Bear in mind the 92 compact is like half an inch shorter than the full sized model, it's not small by any means.
>>
No. I don't know why they even bothered calling it compact, it's not. The mag count is bad for how big it is as well.

These are just my opinions so take them with what you want. I don't think having hammers on CC weapons is a good idea at all. It's something to snag on when you pull the gun out. Safeties that you have to move out of the way with your hand before you can fire are also bad on a CC weapon. The 92 has a full metal body which makes it very heavy compared to polymer framed pistols. When you carry a pistol around you notice the weight and carrying something heavy like the 92 and trying to conceal it would be a pain.

There is a reason why most conceal guns are the way they are. They're lightweight, comfortable, and easy to draw and fire. The 92 is neither of those. Anyways whatever you feel comfortable carrying and shoot accurately is the best for you, but I think there are many other guns out there better than a 92 that's been slimmed down 3/4 of an inch. I carry a Springfield XD9 subcompact and I'm very happy with it. Something to look at. All compact glocks are great weapons as well.
>>
>>28430408
>I don't think having hammers on CC weapons is a good idea at all. It's something to snag on when you pull the gun out.
Wrong
>Safeties that you have to move out of the way with your hand before you can fire are also bad on a CC weapon
Wrong
>They're lightweight, comfortable, and easy to draw and fire. The 92 is neither of those
Wrong

I'm not saying that it's the most convenient weapon to conceal carry, but having experience carrying one, I can say that the hammer never snags, the safety doesn't slow you down one bit, and it's easy as fuck to draw and fire.
>>
File: Beretta_84F-JH01.jpg (2MB, 2558x1872px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta_84F-JH01.jpg
2MB, 2558x1872px
>>28429692
just get the full sized
if you want a smaller 92fs variant get the cheetah and start selling cocaine
>>
>>28430659
This is a great idea. Mine is a doublestack though so more fun to yell cocaine than to cc
>>
>>28430659
i'm getting nickel plated 84fs this year. new years resolution
>>
>>28430408

>hammers snag!

It's not 1936, jesus christ. People can carry BHP's and still out draw and out shoot you, faster. Holster and belt selection is a bigger deal than weapon size for concealment, these days.

I've cc'd my USP 45 Tactical in Texas, it's not some amazing feat.
>>
>>28431993
And if you have a shoulder holster and proper jacket you can CC a fucking Uzi.
>>
File: DSCF0037.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px)
DSCF0037.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
get a comfy paddle holster and open carry. try not to dress shitty.
>>
File: 20150514_112321.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150514_112321.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>28432020

Medium t-shirt and a hot day.
>>
File: presenting.png (157KB, 616x214px)
presenting.png
157KB, 616x214px
>>28432020
>>
File: photo (13).jpg (514KB, 1536x2048px)
photo (13).jpg
514KB, 1536x2048px
>>28429692
it is massive. Start small and work your way up OP.

Try an XDs or G43.
>>
File: wunoj.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wunoj.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>28432049
>>
get the full size or get a diff gun

cz75b or browning hi-power are good alternatives if you want a full size all metal hammer 9
>>
>>28430659

I really like this gun, I wish they'd make it in 9mm
>>
>>28429692
FYI it's "compact" like the glock 23, not a normal compact. It's not even a good gun, honestly.
>>
>>28432226
>It's not even a good gun, honestly
What's your justification for that sentence?
>>
>>28429692
not a fan of non dovetailed front sight
>>
>>28432226
Oh, cmon. The compact Glocks aren't that big unless you're a 5'8" 155 lbs manlet. If you're over 5'11", 180 lbs, and not fat it shouldn't be hard to hide with a good holster.
>>
>>28432301

>long DA pull
>slide mounted safety
>heavy
>wide
>permanent front sight
>low capacity
>exposed trigger mech

Is that enough yet?
>>
>>28429722
>>28429731
>>28429719

This, sadly. Great full size pistol tho, would OC the hell out of it.
>>
>>28432032
Only faggots open carry. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>28432174
they do, its the 92fs compact
>>
>>28432438
>long DA pull
It's not much different than any modern day DA pull, give or take some. Also, lighter springs are dirt fucking cheap.
>slide mounted safety
The dumbest argument surrounding 92s. They are just as easy to use as any frame safety and, contrary to popular belief, do not engage when you rack the slide.
>heavy
>wide
All personal preference. And the compact is easily concealed with proper placement in standard summer wear.
>permanent front sight
A minor inconvenience, but it is still very possible to swap sights by just mailing the slide into whatever company
>low capacity
13+1 really isn't that low of a capacity. If you're not able to hit what you're shooting at with 14 rounds, you're probably fucked anyways. Also, Mec-gar mags.
>exposed trigger mech
Wut
>>
>>28432049
>cc
>paracord bracelet

You might as well wear a shirt that says "I am carrying a gun"
>>
>>28432438
You're a stupid fuck for not knowing those are design features that all have a reason and purpose.
>>
Actually, even though I'm a dyed in the wool 1911 guy, the whole Beretta 92-series guns have turned out to work really well. I like the compact single stack version myself.

The hammer is so small and dehorned it won't snag on anything. I carry a 1911 with a much sharper hammer and it never snags on anything.

Yes, it has a DA pull. So practice the first two shots (the DA followed by the SA). This isn't rocket science. Same would go for a Sig or a Smith and Wesson XX39/59 series.

The Beretta 92 -series really turned out to be a great pistol.

Milt Sparks Summer Special, or whatever they're calling it now.
>>
>>28434444
Ok, some I get, but a permanent front sight and inferior capacity are not great design "features."
>>
>>28429722
>>28429719
>>28429731

Manlets, Manlets errrywhere!

I CC a 92FS IWB appendix mostly in a galco with thumb break snap retention.

Looks like this, not sure if it's the same model.

https://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1898.php?gclid=CNrH3r6bksoCFZFgfgodybALFw

Is this the ideal CC handgun, not even close. It is a full sized military sidearm but it can easily be concealed. I can and have concealed the thing in thirt and basketball shorts. People are much less observant than most people realize. Don't act like you have a gun and nobody will notice you do. Printing is overhyped nonsense for the most part. If you want deep cover go subcompact. Or micro with an lcp or something like that.
>>
>>28435064

There is literally no reason to adjust the front sight and if you really want to you can buy one of several models with the remove able front post (pro tip: tritium night sights work both ways)

Also how is a 30rd factory magazine inferior capacity?
>>
Just some friendly CC advice to ANYONE who has never cc'd before: start with the smallest gun you can - loads of decent .380 pistols out there and they are at very competitive prices, considering the craze right now. THEN make a decision for a larger gun. You won't feel comfortable at all the first couple weeks of carrying, and you'll be really fidgety more often than not - always checking to see if you're printing or flashing. Once you get past that, they're relatively easy to sell or trade out for a bigger gun that you feel more comfortable with, if you choose to not keep it as a backup.
>>
>>28429692
They're a bit bulky, but go for it if that's what you want.
>>
>>28432761
The exposed trigger parts he is taking about is the trigger bar. You know, the one that is not a problem.

>>28429692
It really comes down to holster choice. The 92 is wider than many guns, so you will have to work harder to conceal it than you would a Shield or something.

That said, carry something you like. You will be more inclined to practice with it.
>>
No. OP look into the CZ-75 and 75p
P-01
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.