[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 70

>New? Start here:
http://pastebin.com/vmW2qYkD

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/HcTtYVsn

>1.70 and prior versions changelogs:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

>Elona Custom Discussion:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014

>Chat server back online:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19535#107

>Previous Thread
>>17437485

Current Version: Elona+ 1.70 (7/24/2017)
Latest Custom: E+C 1.70.1

Try setting the compatibility of the .exe to WINDOWS 7 if you encounter errors.
>>
New thread, new OP image to save~
>>
So, I've been thinking about starting to play the game, and I have two questions. The first one is, is warmage a good class for beginners? I've heard it is because they can specialize in pretty much anything.

And the second question, are there any of the custom spritesheets, music packs, map packs or custom UIs just objectively better than the default ones and should be used even by first time players?
>>
>>17469217
Warmage is good. Really any class besides Tourist is fine, but you should take a look at the different skills they come with. Farmers for example start with almost no combat skills, but very useful non-combat skills. Can do gardening quests and let pets do the fighting, having a pretty smooth earlygame. Eventually every character will learn every skill though, and you can always change your class with a business card later. So pick what you like.

I recommend you simply play with the defaults first and edit what you want later. For your character though I'd say make a portrait and grab a custom animated sprite from one of the pastebin packs (e.g. tieba pack).
Some info on sprites https://pastebin.com/uAVqeTbz
>>
>>17469217
In the long run, the only starting asset you can't change is your race.
Magic is probably the most complex combat system in the game, but later on just about everyone needs to use some of it (at least for buffs and the like). The biggest effect your starting class will have on you is what [skills] you start out with, since you'll be scrambling for platinum to learn skills early on.
So really, decide what you want to do first, since you'll be picking the rest up as you go.
>>
Hello anons. Is this game actually good? First time discovering it today.
>>
>>17469255
Thanks. So last few questions for ranged characters. How do you manage ammo and what special ammo do you seek out?
>>
>>17469370
It's great but not that easy to get into.
>>
What are you supposed to do with all this milk and egg and shit from a ranch, just sell it?
>>
Blessed milk can increase your height. Cosmetic, but hey.
Otherwise you sell it, except for shit/garbage, which I just dump in the next wilderness tile over.
>>
>>17469311
>>17469332
I see, well, I think I'll go with a Yerles Warmage, I like the idea of a warrior/wizard mix, that relies slightly more on melee than fighting, and from what I've read in the wiki Yerles and Juere are better for warmages like that. If I don't like how it plays then I'll just a make a different character. I'll also look into making a custom portrait and using one of those animated sprites.

Thanks for the help.
>>
File: what has science done.png (475KB, 821x643px) Image search: [Google]
what has science done.png
475KB, 821x643px
I installed a graphics pack and now I look like this
what thing did I break? where do I go to unbreak this?
>>
>>17469311
I'd argue you won't really learn every skill. I mean, if you never want to Dual Wield, you don't have to learn it. Or ever learn Marksman if you'll never use Ranged weapons.

But you will end up learning almost every other skill I guess.
>>
File: 1290714888987.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1290714888987.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
>>17469448
It looks pretty fine to me, just with different graphics.
Did you mean something in particular?
>>
>>17469458
You don't have to, but you should because every skill is a source of valuable general and stat exp. You can train something you wouldn't use otherwise like firearms for a mage just to level a specific stat. Traveling trains all of them and gives you proportional exp, so the more skills you have the better.
>>
>>17469448
You know, you can turn off the hair and eyes overlapping your sprite under detail in the appearance menu, and turn off your equipment showing up at a dresser
>>
>>17469380
If I was the gunner or archer I would carry lots of different kinds of ammo on me so I can just swap out ammo if I run out of special ammo. It's easier if you're a mage. Just store all that extra ammo in 4d space.

With my archer pet Mina I just have her carry around a couple of different arrows. When she runs out of special ammo like rapid I just yank the arrow out of her inventory and she usually just equips another arrow in her inventory automatically. I just use the special action directive to quickly set her to use rapid for the ammo she just equipped. I don't really have to do many swaps because rapid special ammo can be pretty plentiful.

I do most of my hunting in the void and once Mina is out of special ammo that is usually just one more indicator that it's time to head back to town to patch up. Often I need to restore my skill potentials as well as my pets, pets need to have their attributes restored and stuff uncursed, and pets need to see their trainers. So it's not exactly a hassle for me to need to refill her ammo. It's just one more thing I need to do in town when I surface back up from the void.

As for special ammo I seek out. Rapid definitely and luckily that's easy to find. Rapid will increase the amount of attacks you do with a bow or gun. Time stop is nice to have but is rare. My most searched for special ammo is burst and use it as a boss killer. I kinda value that more than time stop since it just gives range users so many attacks, even more than rapid, and I've had a hell of a time getting a lot of ammo of that kind. It's definitely rare. Explosion is pretty good for mobs. So yeah those are probably the ones I like using the most for my pet at least. The other special ammo types can be useful under certain situations and can be nice to have.
>>
>>17469398
you can cook eggs
>>
>>17469501
I don't know how to open the appearance menu for myself
>>
>>17469448
Additionally to the previous advices, in starter screen's options you can force sprites to be downsized to vanilla resolution.
>>
>>17469680
c>p
>>
File: 1502414927990.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502414927990.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>17469792
>cp
>>
>>17469510
Isnt rapid 3 shots with 50% damage each? It feels like its much worse than 100% pierce ammo on endgame enemies unless you rely on invokes.
>>
File: unknown.png (52KB, 801x73px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
52KB, 801x73px
legendary katana gay depths has been discovered by the adventuer oral courage
>>
File: bravery of arm.png (12KB, 614x34px) Image search: [Google]
bravery of arm.png
12KB, 614x34px
>>17470013
I see that valor is a common trait among those that stumble upon these kinds of artifacts.
>>
File: Oral.jpg (12KB, 644x24px) Image search: [Google]
Oral.jpg
12KB, 644x24px
>>17470013
Best wear a proper helmet if you're going to be taking katanas like that.
>>
Assuming I have no previous skills on working with image editor software, would it be feasible to update outdated .bmp files by myself?
>>
>>17469854
I do have a lot of elemental damage on Mina's bow since she's using the rainbow. She does far more damage with rapid in the void than with pierce. With rapid she's capable of doing 500k+ dmg but with pierce she only does around 100k.

That's how it's been with me but so far but depending on the kind of weapon you have and enemy you're fighting pierce might be better for you.
>>
>>17470079
As long as you line it up properly you can just cut and paste sprites between sheets.
>>
File: fug.png (533KB, 819x643px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
533KB, 819x643px
>>17469792
unfortunately the sprite underneath was Jin Kisaragi
there is a second one that looks kinda like how my guy was before, but it's short and that bothers me a bit :\
>>
oh, and what should I do with worthless jewel cores? just toss em?
>>
>>17464690
Wasn't expecting to see any PSO2 peoples here.
Good choice in PSO2 girl, shame she got almost nothing in terms of interaction with the PC and just became an extension of Afin and is paired with him by JPs because of the incest meme.
>>
As recommended I started using ensemble to do the party missions and they really became easy. But unfortunately people stopped trowing stones at me and started trowing items in the ground. And I can't grab them. Usually takes me the whole thing to perform and when it ends I can't move to grab the stuff on the floor. Is there a work around it?
>>
>>17470232
well you could get more speed
or once your perform is high enough to manage, start playing instruments normally again. you'll get less gold and fewer music tickets but you'll have time to pick up loot
>>
>>17470232
If you are using Custom you can set it to give you a list of things that get dropped in party time quest at the end of the quest. It's under tweaks.
>>
File: App2.png (892KB, 1275x765px) Image search: [Google]
App2.png
892KB, 1275x765px
>>17470179
I happened to have a sprite of her sitting in my folder for an older version, so I figured why not.

Turns out I didn't forget as much as I thought. Also got a lucky day on my second time sleeping, as well as fever mode right away too.
>>
>>17470362
Yes, I'm using elona custom. Wow that's really useful, but it feels so dirty. Thanks for the tip.
>>
File: Yellow.png (370KB, 1279x765px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow.png
370KB, 1279x765px
Wasn't expecting that. First artifact that wasn't a quest reward.
>>
>>17470392
Don't suppose you got anymore PSO2 sprites hanging around for Elona?
>>
What is a good set up of Condition, Comparator and Value that would be good for Provoke?
>>
>>17470564
Just the one, unfortunately. If I have any others I don't recognize them as PSO2 characters.
>>
>>17470611
provoke inflicts mist of frailness, so set it to cast when the target does not have the mist of frailness condition
pretty straightforward stuff anon-kun
>>
>>17470629
I tried that, but it seems to have her spam it more the figured she should be. I suppose that might be caused by mist falling to apply though.
>>
File: akenoAI.png (839KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
akenoAI.png
839KB, 1280x768px
>>17470611
I have her checking the target for fury status. If the enemy doesn't have it then use provoke. Usually hits a bunch of enemies nearby as well. Checking for fury as that's what I notice is the symbol over the enemies heads when provoke goes off. The wiki says mist of frailness is inflicted on the enemy when provoke is used so I guess you can check for that on the enemy but I couldn't find anything that verifies or hints that that actually was put on the enemy. It's true that enemies take more damage when they're in fury mode though so maybe the wiki is confusing it for that or it's just that provoke used to work differently in the past.
>>
>>17470663
Thanks, that works out much better then what I had. I tried to go that route at first but was having trouble figuring out what status was being applied
>>
>>17470611
provoke dfinitely gives ony fury, maybe mist was in vanilla.
>>
I havent played this since like 2013, has anything major changed since then? Im sure theres been some updates.
Is farmer still the best class for an early game, i remember food being a huge boon.
>>
I dont have a keypad, whats the most convenient keymapping i can do to replace it. Arrowkeys for movement and use shift for 0?
>>
>>17470875
use hjklyubn for movement like a proper roguelike player
>>
Do extra arms count for unarmed damage?
>>
>>17470929
>hjklyubn
Absolutely disgusting.
Keypad > all.
>>
>>17470931
I don't think so.
>>
>>17470931
arms are not used in any of the formulas related to martial arts.
>>
>>17470875
Buy a friggin numpad for 5-10$
>>
>>17470803
Read up on changes by viewing the changelogs on the wiki or just jump right into the game itself and see for yourself. I don't know if farmer is necessarily the best class for early game as people can approach the game differently but it has and still is a solid class.
>>
>>17470803
dunno about 2013, but now highleveled monsters spawn in farms in elona plus, so take magical plants feat for violent garden special action to deal with them.
>>
I wonder if gwen the pitiless got the levelcap
>>
File: husband pleasure.png (165KB, 589x223px) Image search: [Google]
husband pleasure.png
165KB, 589x223px
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
Remember to thank a thief today for artifact screenshots!
(Yes, I stole the gloves)
>>
File: do you feel lucky.png (52KB, 1087x64px) Image search: [Google]
do you feel lucky.png
52KB, 1087x64px
>>17471588
>>
File: test world.png (38KB, 789x60px) Image search: [Google]
test world.png
38KB, 789x60px
>>17471591
Yes, I tried talking to him, I'm an optimist at heart.
Also what the fuck is the meaning of this text? Test World?
>>
File: pleasurable stats.png (163KB, 467x275px) Image search: [Google]
pleasurable stats.png
163KB, 467x275px
>>17471588
Lookin' pretty good if I say so myself.
>>
File: moredakka.png (267KB, 636x425px) Image search: [Google]
moredakka.png
267KB, 636x425px
>>
can i garok hammer a throwing stone to get an artifact? can i make a {} stone somehow?
I gave my back angel a staff with ‘enhances throwing stones' attribute and i gotta say its nearly broken.
>>
Do you get shield PV bonus with claw? Or it only gives shield xp, whithout skill's PV effect?
>>
>>17471602
[Maintains] is kinda useless.
>>
File: gafsc.png (36KB, 354x197px) Image search: [Google]
gafsc.png
36KB, 354x197px
>>17471810
it maintains my happiness
there are no good accessories at this level without all that anyways
>>
>>17471810
A full set of Maintains is nice to prevent disasters from fucking your stats.
>>
>>17471876
or just some potions of restore foo, which are not terribly uncommon or expensive
>>
>>17471888
Those don't prevent it, those restore it. That doesn't help when you lose 1/3 of your max HP in the middle of a fight due to the stat loss.
>>
File: soma.png (13KB, 260x25px) Image search: [Google]
soma.png
13KB, 260x25px
>>17471888
Restore potions are inferior to soma. Which IS a pain to make.
>>
>>17471905
Better stop whoring yourself out and drinking all unknown liquids you find on filthy dungeon floor among the gore and shit. Sluts gotta suffer.
>>
>>17471940
What the hell are you talking about?
We're talking about high-grade potion throwing monsters, retard.
>>
>>17471940
What?

You realize there is an entire class of monsters that throw stat-reducing potions at you and your party? Or are you simply that new
>>
Found my first living weapon
A steel mace.
Is it possible to scroll it to a lighter material or would I need a kit?
I'm playing as a mage and I guess I don't really have any use for this, also don't really understand how to train living weapons properly, the wiki page is a fucking mess.
One of my options is +11 magic so would I be able to level it up several times in that and have a mace that gives me +100 or however much magic? Or would the +11 eventually become a +1 over levels?
>>
>>17471962
actually wait it's a mass mace
in any case what causes different evolution growths?
is it still months?
If I wait a month will the mace start wanting to learn dex and other random shit?
>>
>>17471951
Not even once i've gained [sickness] from those monsters' attacks.
>>
>>17471973
We're not talking about sickness either, holy shit dude.
>>
>>17471973
Nobody was talking about sickness. Greater pumpkins and halloween nightmares and the like can throw cursed restore potions or even disasters to reduce your stats. Listen, if you're new just shut your mouth or at least try not to be a smartass when big boys are talking.
>>
>>17471972
for living weapons selection depends on current month only.
>>
>>17471962
>>17471972
You need a kit, even as a mage you can use it because you can add a variety of resists/stats to it. Or you can give it to a pet. The selection changes depending on the month and +enchant. Mass is just the name given to some steel items, like on a griffon scale item could have ''fallen''.

So you could wait a month or go to the blacksmith and +1 it then recheck the selection.
>>
Is there any downside to my plan of buying a palace and then covering 75% or so of the area with impassable terrain? I like smaller houses, but I still want it to be a palace. Like will visitors ever get stuck in the walls or something?
>>
>>17471999
So I guess I gotta buy/find a kit then.
Do you know how much do they cost in Larna?

Also smithed it to +10 and then leveled it up and still go the same selection, then took a +4 to enchantment just to see what would happen.
Would a +30 or so weapon even be worth it? My friend wants to try it I think, but I would assume resistances would be far more useful.
It also currently has ##### to mind resist that I gave to it.
Thank you for the answers too.
>>
>>17472003
Why not just make a really luxurious garden?
>>
>>17472015
Each +enchant changes the selection, you have to check it after each one.
>>
File: pant.png (473KB, 608x847px) Image search: [Google]
pant.png
473KB, 608x847px
>>17472015
I buy them from Larna for 15-500k depending on the material (usually somewhere around 250).

Here is some proof that enchant changes the selection. I am still on 1.69 so if they changed it of course this isn't valid, but there is nothing about it in the 1.70 changelog. Enchanting it to +10 might have wrapped around back to the first selection. Now you'd have to damage it with acid to try again.
>>
>>17472024
wait so I completely rolled it back around to what I already had?
>>17472028
okay that's pretty funny

What's "Magic equip" by the way?
>>
>>17472044
Magic equip gives the ''It enhances spells'' attribute, so you can make a spellpower-boosting weapon.

One more thing, buy all kits you can find even shitty ones. You can change them at Garokk's to high quality ones from a selection just by trading them in along with one superior material scroll and bronze coin per kit. You can end up with whole stacks of adamantium/dragonscale/rubynus kits.
>>
>>17472049
awesome, thanks for the help
>>
>>17471979
>>17471978
That shit is recovered by restore potions that are spawned more often than putit's shit, so maintains[x] is even more situational than [prevents from getting pregnant with a manwhore's child], since you get those disaster potions thrown at you once in a blue moon, and even that is prevented by any piece with [allow you to see invisible enemies], since pumpkins die from passing glance before they could even shower you with shit.
Whats left is sickness, touch of weakness and fountains. And you get dozens of restore potions between you get those decreases.

So, useless [It maintains] gives only a minor QoL benefit, deal with it.
>>
>>17472194
Pumpkins are just the beginning, there are more such as level 153 vampkins with high potion throwing. Nobody ever said stat-maintain was anything other than just nice to have.

Buddy sometimes it is better to just stop talking. You were wrong and that's fine. Don't just keep going an hour later, that's wasting everyone's time.
>>
Magic Equip only works at medium armour weight, so that means you have a casting penalty right?
Would Warmage class offset that at all?
>>
I'm about to hit 30 Alchemy for the dupli-cane ability, thinking of using it, but a few questions:

With a Rod of Magic Missile as an example:

1. Does using the rod of magic missile increase my magic missile skill?
2. Does my magic missile skill make the rod more powerful, or is it anchored at some level independent of my character (or maybe by my Alchemy stat?)
3. Is it a terrible idea?
>>
>>17472439
1. No
2. Magic device, magic stat increase power
3. No
>>
>>17472447
Thanks. What duplicanes do the cool kids like to use? The ray/bolt spells tend to friendly fire my pets.
>>
>>17472478
You should aim for getting the control magic skill, then you won't have to worry about friendly fire. Works for spells, breath, rods, explosion ammo, grenades, etc. I personally haven't used dupli-cane but there is at least one anon here that uses it a lot, maybe they can chime in
>>
>>17471791
In Vanilla or earlier E+, yes. Apparently they changed Garok's hammers in the more recent E+ versions to just tacking on a certain bonus.
>>
I asked some time ago about bleeding damage cap, and only got some uncertain answer from Kai.

So, there is what i found from source on that matter:
Cut element increases bleeding by rng(damage)+1

Then each round, target loses hp based on this formula:

rnd(limit(Current Health / 10, 1, 20000) * (1 + (limit((Bleeding/25), 0, 10000)) / 4) / 10 + 3) + 1

Bleeding is maxed for 200k+ current hp target and 250k+ cut damage, and deals

rnd(20000 * (1 + 10000 / 4) / 10 + 3) + 1, or simply 1 to 5mil damage

bleeding is healed with by 1 each turn, 'diminishes bleeding' attribute adds 3 to healed bleeding per turn.
first aid kit divides bleeding by 8
healing spells reduce bleeding by 20

cut damage adds bleeding directly

blades of wind dmghp tc, control mag * 2 + 5, cc, 61, 100 cut element damage? doesnt seem to add bleeding
dmgcon tc, 9, cdata(199, tc) adds bleeding (extra? speed from ap?)
chestnut dmghp tc, throwing, -22, 61, 500
wild flower(rose?) dmghp tc, throwing * (10 + inv(20, ci)) / 5, cc, 61, 400 * (10 + inv(20, ci)) / 10
Inner Jure deals 9999 bleed to gods, 999 999 to others.

Enchantment part calculation is too complicated(lots of cross references) so i'm unsure if i got it right.
>>
>>17472426
you'll get 1% chance of cast failure with warmage

>>17472224
>boards.4chan.org
>thread about roguelike
>wasting everyone's time.
heh
>>
>>17472613
So it doesn`t roll item at all now? Wow. Ano's hate for savescumming is stronk.
>>
>>17472617
it explains why Kai only got some 10k damage on sandbagged target, it uses current hp as a base for damage calculation, and sandbagged target had 0 effective hp.
>>
>>17472617
Blade Turbulence properly increases bleeding with cut damage.,and cdata(199) is, apparently, unbuffed speed of the character.

So, when capped, it adds at least 6k bleeding, or 0.6x current hp as bleeding damage, up to 120k.
>>
ive finnaly made my cozy home.

can it get invaded ?
>>
>>17473077
If you have a maid that invites guests, or servants with monster attracting equipment, then yes.
Though guests are only "invading" in a loose sense. Except trick or treaters who will fire bomb your house if you ask for trick.
>>
File: Veilgun.jpg (136KB, 557x418px) Image search: [Google]
Veilgun.jpg
136KB, 557x418px
>>17471962
I miss the old days of living weapons.
I know they got nerfed in 1.16 or so, did they ever make them any better or are they still kind of eh?
>>
I hate to be one to ask, but the wiki isn't helping me.

What does catching signals from gods do?
>>
>>17473217
You get random messages every now and then from your god, as well as when you sleep, or kill things, etc.
Basically just useless flavour text, some of which can be kind of cute.
>>
>>17473217
You actually hear the gods talking to you. Just flavor text for your current god actually.
For example when you go to sleep with Jure as your god "I'll n-never give you a goodnight kiss! Ever!"
You also get an occasional comment when killing things, starting up the game, and a couple others.
>>
>>17473224
Alright, thanks
>>
Wow Gem spell really makes Cheer/Platinum song buff useful with Elona Custom. You could get something like 3800-3900 CHA with blessed restore body+ max spellpower gem spell.

It translates to nearly max spellpower buffs for pets without ++spellpower equipment. At the very least you get capped speed buff with it.
>>
what's the little ball about? (purple ball that "gives you unique powers") It's been sitting on my inventory for a while and I don't have a clue on what it does. The wikia didn't help either.
>>
>>17473380
Mechanical ball? Might be the one you use to capture little sisters. You normally get them from a quest but can find them laying around the place.
>>
>>17473380
That one is for catching Little Sisters that appear after you kill a Big Daddy.
>>
>>17473380
Throw it at little sisters (the ones that come with big daddies) to capture them.
>>
>>17473380
A tool to to capture little sisters for strange scientist's quest. They have no other use.
>>
At what vendor rank of investment can I expect to start seeing potions of potential regularly?

I need to start utilizing my herb farms
>>
>>17473539
100ish, they start to appear sometimes at 50
you can get lucky with no investment too, if you have 6-7 vendors.
>>
Is reading cursed spellbooks safe?
>>
>>17472478
I'm still new to Dupli-Cane myself, but Magic Laser and Lightning Ball are the two that I use with it.
>>
>>17473610
Do you enjoy having your brain invaded by eldritch tentacles?
>>
>>17473610
They have a lower success rate.
>>
>>17473620
use water ball before lighting ball, enjoy tons of damage

>>17473610
No. But you can uncurse most or all cursed items in inventory with single BLESSED scroll of uncurse/vanish curse
>>
how the fuck to I setup a guideline grid in gimp? I can create a single guide, but I'm not doing that 200 times
>>
>>17473928
Image, configure grid, for a PCC under spacing enter 32x48 pixels
>>
New Guy here

Can anyone tell me what attributes and skills are the most recommend on Warmage?
>>
>>17473951
yeah I did that, but nothing showed up
you'd assume that configuring a grid would also make that grid visible, but I had to manually turn it on
>>
>>17473959
All of them
>>
How does being cursed affect a monster ball?
And secondly, negating the effects of sleep is a big no no, right?
>>
>>17473959
assuming you actually want to cast spells
magic, willpower
literacy, memorization, casting
>>
>>17473983
If you're talking about equipment that negates sleep, then it only prevents you from being affected by sleeping potions and the like, so you will be able to sleep normally and won't miss out on potential gains.
>>
>>17474001
Oh okay, thanks.
>>
>>17473971
>>17473984
Is Priest also worth considering?
In almost any game i play i really enjoy healing,but i was wondering is it's complex or not?
>>
>>17474036
I was going to say it is not that useful, but the more I think about it, the better it looks. Essentially, as long as you have mana and can outheal the damage, you can take on stronger enemies than you normally could. When heal spamming, 25% more healing gives you one extra turn every 4 turns, which can be used to heal more, attack, read mana scroll or run away.
However, it doesn't seem to be too useful in other situations and even when it's useful, it's going to be way slower than conventional method of leveling up high enough to kill everything before they kill you.
>>
>>17474036
>>17474282
I'd say the most common worry is not "death by a dozen cuts," which is where better healing could help you, but in getting two-shot by some enemy that you did not expect to dole out that much damage.
Also, once you get them working, Heal of Eris and Heal of Jure are pretty much full heals.
>>
Are my potentials supposed to go to hopeless after a while?
How do I fix this?
>>
>>17474306
Potions of potential.
Better explanation in the new player pastebin, since it's a bit of a lengthy explanation.
>>
>>17474036
I'd say worth only for pets with healing rain.
>>
Does high enough sound resist mitigate dim from being a huge issue, or are you forced into playing golem if you don't want to deal with it?
>>
>>17474377
yes.
but, even golem can get dimmed in lower void, its not an immunity.

If you are extremely annoyed by this status use elona custom and make your ride/pet with healing rain to heal you when dimmed. Nurse from slave trader for example.
>>
>>17474446
Golem can get dimmed from sanity effects anywhere, void or not, IIRC.
Not shield bashes / insults / etc though.
Unless they changed it, anyways.
>>
How does one identify an item?
The game tells me to click x and to read the identify scroll however i don't know to actually identify the item
>>
>>17474509
'r'ead the scroll. Lomias' tutorial is a bit... incorrect in its wording. He's kind of a dick.

Outside that, you can just use the wizards in towns and they'll identify your stuff.
>>
>>17474524
That's one of the part where im stuck at,the game tells that r key is for reading items however it simply brings ups the information on of my items mapped by the r key
>>
>>17474563
r while not in the inventory.
>>
>>17471791
You could buy tons of rock throwers from derphy looking for one with the <Vanilla rock>.
It's basically just an adamantium stone but you could still do artifact fusion stuff to it.
>>
What's an easy to get pet in the early game which is also cute?

I like Gwen but I don't enjoy farming magic inks and affection items. I could just cheat but that defeats the whole purpose...
>>
>>17474618
pudding spirit
>>
>>17474618
Cute Fairy, obviously.
>>
at what point in the game does it become lucrative to buy a shop deed?
>>
>>17474738
When you get a steady supply of stuff to sell.
>>
>>17474738
basically as soon as possible, you will increase sell price of all the shit you get from dungeons and quests by several-fold. Also, training shopkeeper takes time. You can get negotiation with yerles gunner, i think. Or catsister.
>>
Saw the thread on /v/ and had a bit of a nostalgia trip since I haven't played since like 2009.

Read the pastebin and got myself sorted for + with the custom translation, but I gotta ask one thing that it didn't answer for me - what the fuck actually happened to Noa? Are they working on a new project or have they just dropped off the face of the Earth?
>>
>>17475040
They´re working on a new game called Elin, I think, I haven´t heard any news besides the one they posted on December 2016
>>
>>17475090
Well that's nice to hear. I remember him being a pretty secretive dude and people joking he was only making Elona as escapism from depression or something so I got worried.
>>
Wondering if I should stop trying to craft a godly blank living Light saber in lieu of just going bare handed, pain in the ass with RNG a thing and all weapons being inferior to martial arts in the end anyways.
>>
>>17475285
martial arts gets that good?
>>
>>17475307
Eventually, if you train it high enough. Although if memory serves, using Two Hand with a top-tier crafted living spear is still fairly decent.
>>
>>17475307
Yeah. Everything else trails behind in the end.
All these MMO-tier "balances" Ano keeps doing and he doesn't balance where it's been needed for a while.

The 'downside' is it needs to be high before it becomes really good.
>>
What does the Nefia fever stuff do?
When the clock is burning?
>>
>>17475419
Higher spawn rate of Sampling points (gathering areas) and items that spawn on the ground already are identified. Also money that spawns on the ground will also spawn with music tickets on the same tile.
>>
File: App3.png (323KB, 1277x768px) Image search: [Google]
App3.png
323KB, 1277x768px
Ended up starting over because I wanted to import the old gene file I found from 1.15 and such.

Deciding to peek into a level 18 dungeon was a great idea.
>>
So are these sprites compatible with RPGMaker sprites?
>>
>>17470392
>>17475442
This makes me want to add the information twins to my game seeing as Sega removes their more interesting characters so we can sit through garbage like episode 4.
>>
Did any of the latest updates fuck with the home shopkeeper selection? Getting really tired of not seeing additional magic vendors in the hire menu.
>>
>>17475747
I'm having that issue as well. The only shopkeepers I can hire are always a black market, goods, and armory, I can't seem to catch the other shops up for hire, no matter how much I check.
>>
>>17475767
Yeah, that's been my problem. Thanks for replying.
>>
>>17475747
>>17475767
>>17475802
You have to use the elosnack files I uploaded a few thread ago [available in the pastebin] to change their shoptype.
Sometimes, though, just renaming them may prove enough.
>>
>>17475694
It's been a long while since I played PSO2. I always found it a pain not being able to waste my money on the gacha, or trade.
>>
>>17475826
Kind of best to keep it that way. Episode 4 was awful.
>>
>>17474036
biggest benefit of warmage is you can wear a shield and cast at 100% with maxed casting and spell with light armor
>>17474524
that fucking asshole feeds you a dead beggar and teaches you to fight by killing his pet putits in the tutorial
>>
>>17475932
>with maxed casting
by that point you'll have found eight billion business cards anyways
>>
File: KarataManeki.png (829KB, 806x603px) Image search: [Google]
KarataManeki.png
829KB, 806x603px
Decided to visit some new higher level awakened dungeons as I haven't done some in awhile. I met the final crab I had left on my crab challenge list to kill. Karata Maneki. This crab anons...this crab lol

This has got to be the single hardest thing I've ever fought in Elona. I can't believe the amount of grief this thing caused Kai. Hats off to the creator for this truly scary and challenging monster.

So I just came down the stairs and almost immediately my party and I are drawn to this crab inside a room full of other awakened duneon scaled monsters. Atlas, performaids, vampkin, a couple of ologs, and other nasties. I quickly start using the swarm special action to eliminate things around me with my pets doing their best to help. The crab just keeps summoning more things to him from the dungeon leading to a rather fevered fight to reach the crab and kill him but the monsters summoned keep getting in the way. I start meteoring the entire floor but I start to realize there is something horribly wrong because more and more monsters just keep showing up.

Realizing that this can't possibly be just the monsters on the same floor it's dragging to itself, I come to the conclusion that it's also casting the summon monster spell and all those monsters summoned are scaled up due to awakened dungeon. At this point my pets are getting worn down and my healer pet Mai is getting overwhelmed in keeping up with healing. Kai's barrier is also at this point on the verge of shutting down due to the stream of monsters and no rest between fights.

I attempt to silence the crab but it's considered a boss monster and I have a hard time sticking the hex. More monsters start pouring out and at this point my pets Mai and Mina are killed. When I finally land the silence hex I find that it only lasts 30 rounds. Not as much as I like but enough for me to kill the summoned monsters and bring order to the utter chaos earlier. It turns out I was correct that it was summoning monsters in and I start to every now and then reapply silence.

Kai's barrier is gone and I'm now starting to take HP damage and my pets Saya and Akeno are not looking too good. We all start to wail on the crab but since this is Karata Maneki 90% of our physical damage is reduced meaning only our magic damage from our attributed fists are doing something to the millions of HP it has. Also it's immune to bleed, poison, and any spell that is not pure magic. To say the least, it took awhile to whittle this crab down to low HP but there was one horrifying surprise waiting for me once it was that low. It had super regeneration and it was healing for millions. Much more than the damage my pets and I were dealing to it. At this point I decided to hit rampage, equip a prevent teleport item, and use the charge special action(prevent teleport was used so that charge wouldn't get interrupted).

Even after all of that, that was not enough to bring it down. At this point I dismissed my pets Saya and Akeno since they were close to dying. I came to one conclusion. I would have to summon my own inner god to bring this crab down! I casted Hero, used attribute, clear mind, uncontrollable, and used the omega shift core. I was finally starting to overpower the super regeneration but I found it unbelievable that it was still putting up a fight. When I finally got to 200% gauge I initiated a gauge attack using body blow and only then did the crab finally die.

I don't know if anyone else has fought this crab and it might be easier in a normal dungeon but in a sufficiently high enough awakened dungeon this crab is an absolute nightmare. I was able to finally slash that crab off the list but geez. Respect the crab. Holy fuck.
>>
>>17475809
I'll take a look. Thanks.
>>
File: 1500691317429.png (112KB, 359x393px) Image search: [Google]
1500691317429.png
112KB, 359x393px
>>17476005
And I thought Kobolds are strong.
>>
Do I have to weaken a monster to use a rod of domination or do I just go for it?
>>
If my fire dragon child grows hands will he start using weapons?
>>
File: Imgoingtojail.png (117KB, 1098x119px) Image search: [Google]
Imgoingtojail.png
117KB, 1098x119px
Well, at least I didn't put her on the ranch.
>>
>>17476184
yes, or you could just teach him unarmed skill instead
>>
>>17476135
Just go for it. Weakening is only necessary for monster balls and sand bags.
>>
>>17476005
I love how it was not the gods that struck fear into Kai, or a specially designed campaign made to give him a challenge, but it was a crab which finally drew out the full desperation of the god slayer.
>>
>>17475932
He's an Elea, he doesn't know any better. It's part of his culture.
>>
Just got secret treasure of the saint, is there anything else I should make sure to do/get before finishing the main quest?
>>
>>17475285
>>17475307
>>17475356
>>17475363
Wondering if I take a godly living weapon as far as it can go (since I'm on an older version artifact fusing a living weapon is still possible for me), could it outdamage Martial Arts?
>>
File: PraiseHelix.png (4KB, 622x29px) Image search: [Google]
PraiseHelix.png
4KB, 622x29px
Praise our lord Helix
>>
Okay, so, as someone who does spend time on /jp/ and just saw this on the front page, I gotta wonder--why isn't this in /vg/?
>>
>>17476710
Its part of the roguelike general on /vg/. There used to be Elona generals, but those died due to lack of activity. These threads aren't fast enough to maintain a general on /vg/, but there isn't really anywhere else they can go, and so, on /vg/, Elona is rolled up with the all the roguelikes in one general which floats between DCSS, PCB, Demon, Cata:DDA whatever catches people's attention at the time.
Elona posts in /rlg/ get lost in the flood of other posts at times, and although there's more posters there, I don't think there's as many regular players of Elona browsing /rlg/.
>>
>>17476710
Normally these threads are so slow they would quickly die on /vg/.
Here they don't. That's the short version.
>>
Is the <Arbalest> worth using at all?
The bonus ranged attack neck slot artifact, it seems handy but resists and other things are nice too.
>>
The ultimate alchemy potion seems pretty shit. Just moderate temporary boosts to some stats? From the description I thought it would at least raise potential or something.
>>
File: giphy.gif (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
4MB, 1920x1080px
A shrine gate and a president's chair can be purchased from Miral and Garok's workshop. Is there something special about them or are they just regular furniture items?
>>
>>17476863
I think they´re high valor furniture like capsule machines, tho i´m not sure, i´ve never bought them
>>
>>17476005
told him metal+armour bits together is a bad idea, lol
>>
File: 1491609732546.png (220KB, 458x456px) Image search: [Google]
1491609732546.png
220KB, 458x456px
>>17476005
Hory shet
>>
File: 1421973283808.png (170KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1421973283808.png
170KB, 803x688px
>>17476005

meme monster gets out of hand due to being mark as a boss and metal and armour bits
>>
File: vpeNkHB_d.jpg (67KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
vpeNkHB_d.jpg
67KB, 640x396px
I have two living weapons, both are perfected by craft kits. Which one should I use - and if it's the repeating crossbow, should I do anything suggested or different?
>>
File: 2Z2TjIJ_d.jpg (67KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
2Z2TjIJ_d.jpg
67KB, 640x396px
>>17477117
>>
>>17477121
breath sucks
>>17477117
great set of sp+crit+best elements, better perce that boosts damage far more than base damage of this magnitude.
>>
>>17477117
>>17477121
Sorry for the shitty quality, upload was weird. Also, I won't be using these personally; my pet will, if that means anything.
>>
>>17476005
Immune to bleed? What makes monster immune to bleed?
>>
>>17477135
it means sp drain is useless since plus doesnt seem to drain stamina on npc skill usage anymore.
what you really want is gravity sphere invoke to make it much easier to land crits.
>>
>>17476199
I get 50cm long cute fairy(male) instead of my adorable little girl instead all the time. It least law doesnt say anything about size fetishes.
>>
File: pathetic.png (297KB, 643x445px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.png
297KB, 643x445px
>>
>>17477627
>Pathetic Sex
>It decreases your Disarm Trap skill
>>
>>17477677
You forgot how to disarm traps but you learned a little more about anatomy...
>>
I have the village of Yowyn surrounded by 2 farms, a ranch, my storage houses, my museum, and my fucking huge palace that shits on their rural dungheap. Should I also become mayor of their town, or just let them roll around in the dirt on their own?
>>
>>17478008
But you are the one who's only rolling in dirt while gathering some landlord's berries and shit.
Also, only 2 farms. Damn nouveau riches, rushing vanity items instead of expanding business.
>>
>>17478008
The traditional approach would be to gradually seize power in secret and rule from the shadows, but everyone's sick and tired of that these days, so I say go ahead and stage a coup. The Queen probably won't care as long as the taxes are still paid on time.
>>
File: unknownstacks.png (255KB, 633x422px) Image search: [Google]
unknownstacks.png
255KB, 633x422px
why don't unknown seeds stack properly god dammit i wanna bless a buncha them!
>>
>>17478328
Because of different colors. Is it possible to use dye them?
>>
Can somebody explain the mechanics of using astral light pen on hostile boss?
Do you (g)ive gifts to it until relationship become non-hostile? Or do you (T)hrow something else?
Will it stop being hostile if your relationship are positive?
>>
>>17478577
Throw love potions until they accept friendship tokens, then alternate giving friendship tokens and attempting to use the pen on them. There is no penalty for using the pen if the requirements aren't met.
They will not stop being hostile, and you won't even get relationship change indicators like with NPCs, so there's a bit of guesswork.
>>
>>17478600
Only friendship tokens work? Gifts wont do?
Thank you.
>>
>>17478618
Gifts will work, but I find friendship tokens easier to amass. Plus, they stack.
>>
>>17478625
Thanks again. Now all i need is 550 more levels for devastate lulwy.
>>
>>17477627
>designed to keep clothing out of the way
>>
>>17478661
It may be worth noting that the gods cannot use their unique special actions if added to your party.
They keep the abilities and will even try to use them, but all that happens is a wasted turn and "Nothing happens." Can be avoided with an Elona Custom AI though.

Also look into the god recruiting penalty.
>>
Weren't there gathering spots in the Puppy Cave before?
Last version I played before updating was 1.61 or something.
>>
>>17478700
Yeah I only want her for retention, blade turbulence, and good slots for fiddling with limbs as a bonus.

Also, sexy exhibitionist is always welcome in most Elona parties, i'll even give her my little girl wife to get some sub training in tag. Well, yeah, roleplay purpose is one of the main reasons, as usual.
>>
>>17476005
I've single handedly almost caused the best English Elona player to die and lose the character he spent 1000 hours on. My life is now complete and I can die happy. Glad to see all those little things like super regen and bleed immunity added up to make the Karata Crab a true pacifist menace. He probably didn't even directly attack you once. Major props for you annihilating the crab nightmare once and for all.

>>17476115
Karata Kobold cNPC incoming.
>>17476961
I knew it was a bad idea the moment I thought it was possible. That's what makes it a great idea. Shame that armour or metal creatures can't split though. That would've been the final straw.
>>17477138
There's a bitflag called cCureBleeding that makes them cure bleeding status really fast. I could've also added cut damage resistance to make it even more resistant to cutting attacks, but I sorta forgot to do that.
>>
>>17478780
Now i wonder how CureBleeding works, all i've found is the part where it cures bleeding 4 times faster with this flag.
>>
Can I get my cnpc to spawn as a void boss?
>>17475944
Casting maxes its contribution to spell success well before 2000
>>
>>17477144
I probably will have to leave that all up to RNG to find a decent crossbow for that, so should I just use the one with stamina drain regardless, since it has better pierce?
>>
I know you get 1 more food product every 100 cooking, but is there any other similar skill? Like do you get extra corpses at 100 anatomy, or extra vegetables at 500 gardening?
>>
File: 17-08-14 21_39_32.png (186KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
17-08-14 21_39_32.png
186KB, 1152x864px
Screw Zeome, at 43f i've had a room full of fucking Knights of Elea, they killed my cute baby dragon, crab, goose and even karata. Good thing little girl received enough love to persist.

I should have finished act I half a year ago, honestly.

And now i want to drop this loss char and make a mutant again. This time on permadeath tho.
Need to figure out idea of the next party, mass karatas are boring.
>>
File: 17-08-14 21_52_42.png (327KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
17-08-14 21_52_42.png
327KB, 1152x864px
>>17479134
>>
>>17479134
Good job. Just use puush or something for screens next time. But you had problems with knights of elea? Those are some weakass pets mate
>>
File: 17-08-14 21_57_12.png (92KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
17-08-14 21_57_12.png
92KB, 1152x864px
>>17479185
Maybe because I only trained little girl and one karata-based pet.
>>
>>17478720
There were, once. They're gone now. No idea why. It can't be because it made it easy to get materials, considering Nefia Fever was added.
>>
>>17479213
Don`t think Ano likes when players grind one single spot over and over and then burn out.
And i wholeheartedly agree with that approach. I burned out too many times since xmas release due to excessive savescumming, nonstop farming one area and all other fun fun activities. It made made so lazy in this game that my train of thought went from 'whoa i should figure out how to get it' to 'what was the id of that item for EloSnack\cheat engine, again?'
>>
What does blessed ammunition do? Is the blessing different between arrows/bullets/e-cells?
>>
>>17479422
Blessing ANY equipment piece adds +1 enchantment and protects from cursing. If blessed item is cursed, blessing is removed.
>>
I finally realized the idea of ranching in E+ - you fill farm with good milk/egg producing monsters and cull bad ones, once ranch is filled with high quality livestock you simply remove breeder.

Then you could keep high +ench levels with daily brushing, and you theoretically can handle a large amount of ranches daily.

Too bad there is no skill related to this activity, but Ano actually made a decent minigame out of a simple gimmick.
>>
>>17479525
would that be a more valuable use of your party space compared to just filling tons of ranches with rabbits to farm lucky tails?
>>
>>17479556
But you don`t use party slot once ranch is filled. You can breed livestock for drops in ranches with breeders, and gather eggs/milk from farms without a breeder.
>>
>>17479525
What do you even do with all the milk and eggs?
>>
>>17479556
Rabbit ranches are slow compared to just wiping out the map in Harvest Time quests.
>>
>>17479608
Money, obviously. Also, food made of this never rots, and diary products have some additional uses. I wonder if you can use alchemical rain with butter, casting meteor would be pretty fun with it.
>>
>>17479627
Eggs don't rot?
>>
>>17479640
Nope. Neither milk nor any of the diary products(cheese, butter, yoghurt) rot. A bit counterintuitive, i know.
>>
>>17479627
I think you can't use butter for alchemical rain as it's not a potion, but now you made me wish I could become a butterlord, fattener of the worlds.
>>
>>17479646
I mean, I knew milk didn't because it's a reskinned potion, but I kinda thought bread and sweets were the only major food categories that don't rot.
>>
>>17479276
>Elonsnack
I don't think it can even do half the shit people pretend it does. Course I haven't tried and just used it to turn all the adventurers into anime and game cameos.
>>
>>17479730
Are you retarded? It can modify any inventory, skills, maps, damn near anything. Why would a large group of forums users pretend a piece of software does something different.
>>
File: deathmaneki.png (16KB, 604x40px) Image search: [Google]
deathmaneki.png
16KB, 604x40px
This is when we spam Meteor.
>>
my chat broke, do i have to do anything special for the newest version?
>>
>>17479730
It cant modify only a very minor number of variables in savegame. Elosnack could turn putit's shit into inner god weapon if you know what to change(and there is a decompiled source from elona custom that helps with that. Its pretty time-consuming to do anything but could do much more than a simple wizard mode.
>>
Anyone tried vorpal bunny or blades as pets? wha at can you say about cut damage they are supposed to deal? Is it a chance to apply some bleed or something like elemental attack with cut damage?
>>
>>17476005
So you seem pretty strong. What kind of equipment does your guy use and what do you look for in armor? What race are you? If you're not a golem how do you deal with dim later in the game?
>>
>>17479874
Whats the deal with this Dim-phobia? I get dimmed once per 10k kills or something and simply drink heal potion or wait for pet's heal. Silence-gravity-retention-allgather are much scarier in comparison.
>>
>>17479874
https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=site%3Awarosu.org%2Fjp%2F+"Elona"+"Kai"
>>
Do cute fairies and goose breed themselves at all in ranches?
would it be worth gathering those two then popping them in a ranch before finishing act one for the gap?
>>
>>17480027
Like little girls, god pets in ranches won't make copies of themselves.
The only way to get more is to abandon the god and then get up to the right piety level again IIRC.
>>
>>17480027
yes but not worth the effort imo
use them if you want them in your party otherwise use them as shopkeeps or something
>>
File: 049.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
049.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
>>17480151
eh?!
>>
File: KaiGearFinal.png (2MB, 1219x1543px) Image search: [Google]
KaiGearFinal.png
2MB, 1219x1543px
>>17479874
In the beginning I was equipping just about anything that wasn't cursed I could get my hands on since my character was practically naked starting out. I had a strong preference for glass stuff in the beginning due to those pieces giving me more speed but as long as it was giving me PV/DV and possibly something good it was equipped even if it wasn't glass. Eventually I got strong enough to start doing sub quests and the story quest and through them got static artifacts which I've been using ever since. The majority of my equipment is static artifacts gained from the quests mentioned, drops from monsters and strong NPCs, or in the case of the helmet new years gift. Only my shoes came from random dungeon loot. Once I got access to artifact fusion I was able to further buff my static artifacts and equipment.

As a Eulderna/Predator martial artist mage hybrid the primary enchants I wanted were chance for additional melee attacks and it enhances your spells. I also was looking for resists and immunities. PV/DV is nice to have as high as possible but keep in mind your total equipment weight if you're a caster. I would have liked to have maintain attribute stuff but that didn't work out it seems. Despite that, I've done fine without it. Attribute draining enemies are usually kill on sight and I just restore my stuff with the appropriate spells if they become drained and carry on.

Picture is of my gear and I don't see myself changing anything about it anytime soon. It has served me very well in keeping me alive in Loss mode so far balancing my defensive needs as well as my offense needs. I'm immune to everything except parasites and bleeding. The parasites and bleeding can be annoying but luckily they're easy to heal As for resists, I tried to get everything to a minimum of class 5 except for mind, sound, and magic which I stacked heavily for. Mainly for dim and insanity immunity and overall reduction in spell damage.

With class 18 sound resist I've been completely immune to dim from monster attacks for a very long time now. This dim immunity extends to normal dungeons, void, and awakened dungeons with one exception. For some reason certain enemies in awakened dungeons seem to have something very similar to AP trait charm where if you hit them in melee you get dimmed. The easy solution to get around this is to just use range attacks which in my case were spells. Aside from that, enemies don't dim me from their attacks. I've been completely immune to insanity attacks so the bad stuff that comes from insanity doesn't ever have a chance to even begin.

The only real things that get past my defenses are attribute lowering stuff, silence, and brainwash. Attribute drain can be restored and I've gotten rid of silence plenty of times with Jure's prayer. Brainwash however is something that I don't exactly know how to overcome and is a very big problem. Luckily, very few enemies use brainwash but due to the fact that it can get the player to remove equipment, thus lowering resists and getting rid of immunities, and turn pets against the team, it can be pretty awful.

Even though I have gotten by great with static artifacts I encourage others to take a look at crafting. Especially tailoring. You can make some great gear using it and the next patch coming up seems to reward players even more for using it.
>>
>>17480027
Anything will produce offspring, even with 0 breed power. Of course, in some cases you don't get the same kind of monster. (e.g. a Little Sister will only produce Younger Sisters).
You could create those god pet ranches, but each ranch would only produce a single additional god pet during the 3 year downtime, since the low breed power means they'd be capped at having only 1 offspring present.
>>
>>17480316
breed power isn't just breeding speed?
that's weird
>>
>>17480307
>Brainwash however is something that I don't exactly know how to overcome and is a very big problem.
My understanding is that Magic Kiss and Squeeze cure brainwash (as long as you've got a good relationship with your pets). As such, you might be able to use Custom AI to reduce the impact of brainwash; have a pet squeeze you if you're brainwashed, and have all your pets stop attacking and walk near you for squeezing if they're brainwashed.
>>
>>17480316
Even shit with 0 breed power still breeds, you get one 20 days or so after having no offspring and then never another. I have an element dragon ranch and a dominion ranch. Yes, it works. Just very slowly.

>>17480358
I imagine with enemies doing the kind of damage kai is seeing, even having your boots removed for 2 turns is frightening
>>
>>17480358
Ah I completely forgot about that. Thanks for the tip on that. Yet another reason why it pays to travel with waifus.
>>
>>17480307
No +15 items? I thought stardust in elona+ let you do that. Couldn't you farm for duplicate unknown shells or beggar's pendants to get it?

Or am I misunderstanding the mechanics?
>>
>>17480387
I've been using them currently on my pets weapons and armor. They need it more than I do currently. Once I complete doing their stuff I might get around to working on my stuff.
>>
I wish cursed and doomed equipment had more uses. Maybe stronger stats, or maybe a feat that makes buffs you the more cursed equipment you wear. I want to do a full doomed/cursed character but it doesn't seem very fun.
>>
>>17456363
I just tried the links and they're working. You must be doing something wrong on axfc.
>>
>>17473983
Negating the effect of sleep makes you immune to sleep attacks, not your own sleeping at a bed.

>>17475747
People have reported that since forever. Usually renaming your current shopkeepers seems to fix it.

>>17479821
See if server.txt didn't get overwritten with garbage.

>>17480489
If you equip too many cursed items you get killed by the unseen hand. The feat would have to fix that too.
>>
File: grin.png (399KB, 590x374px) Image search: [Google]
grin.png
399KB, 590x374px
Due to the lack of custom Tone files I decided to write my own, starting with a fairly generic roran Little Girl.
https://pastebin.com/v8N6DBKm

I wrote it while trying to keep a vanilla interpretation of a Little Girl in mind.
I even went so far as to use the old Elona vanilla lines where I felt appropriate, with some slight changes here and there. (maybe a little ironically too, like the old *grin*)

Some stuff to note:
- I'm no writer, so suggestions, improvements and grammar corrections would be appreciated
- I borrowed some stuff from the Generic Dialogue banter in the pastebin
- Still needs some playtesting to know if the text flows well
- I haven't played this game long enough to know exactly when all the actions occur, I only read description of them in the pastebin.
Likr the three different "Gauge" special action texts. I couldn't interpret what Gauge attack occurs when, so I wrote some fairly generic ones until I find out
>>
>>17480565
That unseen hand thing is pretty much why a full cursed/doomed isnt fun. And sure, have the feat fix that, why not. Maybe a penalty for wearing blessed items while at it as a double-edged feat
>>
>>17480578
I wish more people shared their talk files, even if they were for extremely specific characters.
>>
>>17479134
>cropping
/rlg/ is that you?
>>
File: grin2.png (398KB, 588x371px) Image search: [Google]
grin2.png
398KB, 588x371px
>>17480608
I bet all the Japanese players do.
>>
>>17480608
When I get back onto Elona, I promise to share the stuff I make this time around.
>>
>>17480608
That's true, w rally should, but that would mean finishing my elewdea.txt tonefile, which I lack the inspiration for currently.
>>
>>17480578
Did you see the custom NPC template?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz924bQby-jXMzhSVGlPV0p6NlE/view
It has descriptions of most things.

>>17480608
Sure, why not? It's only partial, mind you, but here are the lines I gave my Kaneda Bike, Radical Goodspeed:
https://pastebin.com/g8ZKeJye
>>
File: fuckinggrin.png (8KB, 490x272px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinggrin.png
8KB, 490x272px
>>17480578
And already I found somewhere that I messed up.
I accidenly put the lines meant for Sleep Sharing Limit to Party Over-ray attacks instead.
That's gonna be one horny Roran during teamfights.

I already updated the pastebin, but just a heads up for recent downloaders...

>>17480643
Yeah I used that as a reference, but I'm still not knowledgeable to know the different typeas of special attacks. Like:
>>%txtCharge,EN //spoken when an ally uses Charge Attack special action
and
>>%txtChargeS,EN //spoken when using Charge Attack special action

sound like the same thing to me
>>
>>17480662
>Spoken when an ally uses Charge Attack
"You're going to use that attack that takes a long time to charge up? OK, I'll protect you!"
>Spoken when using Charge Attack
"Alright, I'm going to use the attack that takes a long time to charge up! Be sure to protect me!"
>>
>>17480676
I wish it would display different text over each turn so you could have a dumbass wizard chanting for 10 turns. Or really, my wish, megumin casting explosion
>>
>>17480662
Lemme check my own files. bing traded mostly with some interpretation.

%txtCharge,EN //Spoken when the PC activates a charge skill
"I will protect you!"
I will hold them back here!"

%txtChargeS,EN //when an ally activates a charge skill
"Get away ... the power of {npcc}"
"I started to charge from now."

The txt is the JP text machine translated.
>>
>>17480676
Ah, thank you. This all went over my head for some reason. I didn't think they had reactions to even players using charge attacks.

But it's probably because I barely use charge attacks yet as a non-combative player ingame who can't take many hits

Also, if you don't mind, what's this third one?
%txtChargeA,EN //spoken when using an attack affected by Charge Attack

I guess it's something akin to forcing your ally to perform an attack with your one gauge attack?
>>
>>17480697
As near as I can tell, Charge Attack works like this:
>spend 50 stamina
>don't get attacked for 10 turns
>acquire a buff that lasts for 5 turns
>attack an enemy while the buff is active to do 10x damage
So the third one is used when an attack does 10x damage because of the Charge Attack buff. (These are assumptions on my part; I don't have Charge Attack myself.)
>>
how the heck do I get ensemble? My performance is level 30 and I've gained two character levels since
>>
>>17480775
level with equipments on?

Seeing the tone of the thread, guess it's a bout time I worked on my tone files
>>
>>17480781
What do you mean? Of course I was wearing equipment
>>
>>17480787
Of course your raw performing isn't then...
>>
>>17480676
>>17480687
>>17480714
Thanks for the help guys. I've updated the textfile again to include more descriptive charge attacks.

As I play and get more familiar with the game I can probably expand on tone files further.

I also kind of wish they allowed us to modify the rate in which random passive text appears, like for "Calm" idling.
>>
>>17480800
isn't 30*
Elona haet numpads being used for anything but itself, that yandere scoundrel.
>>
>>17480803
It is though, no modifiers
>>
>>17480802
Nah, thanks to YOU.
It was more than time to work on my tonefiles and evochat images.
You've pushed me just enough to do so.
Got an half done witch, my elewdea(nothing but the pc usable txt done), a 1% harpy and fire dragon done.
Lotsa work to be done.
>>
>>17480775
Maybe you've done this dunno but it's worth asking. Have you looked to see if you have it under your wide skills? It's not located under normal skills. Press a on your keyboard to open up your skills menu then press tab to access wide skills.
>>
>>17480875
Oh jeez thanks man, there it is
>>
>>17480803
hjklyubn_reasons
>>
Anyone knows how to rebind the controls?
I'm using a laptop and it sucks having tu use the arrow keys
also how do you disable no-drop on a laptop?
>>
>>17480948
to change the controls you edit config.txt
presumably you can also change the * to disable no-drop to a key your laptop actually has
>>
File: why me.png (159KB, 961x186px) Image search: [Google]
why me.png
159KB, 961x186px
>>17480802
Apparently, the "Calm" section of the Tone files will reference the player's name rather than the pets name when using the {nptc} tag for some reason.

Guess I gotta avoid using tags for idle banter...
>>
>>17480969
Ah I see, thank you
>>
Are there any noteable youtubers(or similar) playing this game?
When I tried it out I was overwhelmed and lost, and watching other people usually puts me in the mood to play the game they are playing
>>
File: spiderclothes.png (81KB, 1102x166px) Image search: [Google]
spiderclothes.png
81KB, 1102x166px
>>17480985
welp
looks like I'm using the tag wrong in a lot of places. It behaves differently depending on the time and place.

Dats what I get for not playtesting my own shit. I'll try and fix this soon.
>>
>>17481025
Japanese player occasionaly streams, elona+ players not so much.
>>
>>17481025
Is trooth a notable youtuber?
>>
>>17481062
By notable I meant that they aren't someone with like 7 subscribers and a potato for a mic, but yeah he would do.
But from what it looks like he's only doing tutorials
>>
File: rubrub.png (173KB, 1199x229px) Image search: [Google]
rubrub.png
173KB, 1199x229px
>>17480578
>>17481030
Looks like I needed to replace some tag references from {nptc} to {npcc} for sections where actions originate from the pet itself (like slaying enemies) rather than the player towards the pet (like rubbing.)

I've gone through the pastebin and edited the sections I think were affected by this, but i still need to play with it further to see how far it goes.
>>
>>17481084
I guess so
>>
>>17481093
I want to protect this dopey smile!
>>
File: chefboyardee.png (63KB, 677x44px) Image search: [Google]
chefboyardee.png
63KB, 677x44px
>>17481047
>>17481025
Technically, people with decent comps and ISP like me who can stream/record games, could stream/let's play this game. Elona ain't exactly a resource heavy game to record/stream.

The problem is a majority of Elona gameplay is grinding yourself to a state of becoming a powerful god, and no on wants to watch a player fisjh/farm for several hours straight.

Or maybe they do, I don't know...

I tried a private stream of a new character with a few of my friends who were curious about the game but got bored to watching me going into puppy cave killing everything and picking trash up on site.

I think you either need to be a super late game god (aka Kai) or find player highlights from the game (like nuking Palmia) to make Elona entertaining
>>
>>17481025
There was someone called Zergem that made a pretty extensive playthrough, tho he hasn´t uploaded a video about Elona in like a month, but I do put the videos in the background while I play
>>
File: 29015910_p5.jpg (258KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
29015910_p5.jpg
258KB, 600x800px
>>17481125
Well, also, playing Elona not like a min/maxer and instead just fucking around in the game would probably make it a deal more entertaining.

You also need to have a interesting enough of an internet persona, or know how to talk/banter during dead-air gameplay time to pad out the streams.

Something that I think 99% of Elona players probably lack, hyuck
>>
>>17481158
I've streamed some Elona before, and yeah thats the main thing... Elona is an inherently slow, grindy game. You have a lot of dead air to just fill with banter and such.

And odds are, unless you're some big shot streamer or something, you aren't going to have a ton of viewers asking questions, or something, to fill all that dead air.

You can only explain mechanics or such for so long.
>>
>>17481158
I want to watch an Elona player RP run during the part of their game when they have to literally whore themselves out to everyone to grind CHA.

I imagine a point where the guy would pretend to be losing their mind to The Cock, claiming their character was moving on their own.
>>
File: 1499136848155.png (284KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
1499136848155.png
284KB, 650x581px
>>17481175
>I imagine a point where the guy would pretend to be losing their mind to The Cock, claiming their character was moving on their own.
>>
I'm coming up on my first million, how do I invest this shit to keep the gp flowing?
>>
>>17481266
If you don't have a shop, buy one.
It's the #1 gold generator in the game.
>>
If I leave a pet somewhere, the goose for example, will they ever get hungry or do I need to take them with me?
>>
>>17481292
I have one for equipment, most other things I hoard since I feel like one day I'll wish I had that scroll / rod whatever
>>
File: InstantRamen.png (3KB, 608x29px) Image search: [Google]
InstantRamen.png
3KB, 608x29px
10/10 Game
>>
I just got "a NUCLEAR DEAD LION"
what does it means?
>>
>>17481583
It means it's all over.
>>
>>17481583
its a nuke. edible.
>>17481355
they have no appetite unless they try to steal quickling corpse under your nose. take them.
>>
>>17481669
well that's disappointing
>>
Has anybody ever tried to do a pure criminal run? How was it?
>>
>>17481679
got bored of incognito spams in each city. its not that hard though.
it really only affects your bills and shit, and its a minor issue in E+, bigger issue is that you cant interact with a big portion of NPCs without incognito.
>>
>>17481722
Oh, right. I forgot about that spell. I was thinking it might be amusing to have to evade the guards everytime you went anywhere that isn't derphy.

Do guards still scale up everytime you killed them?
>>
>>17481730
Dunno.I only ever took pleasure in res-killing bards and adorable Gwen. Until Gwen grew up and i tried to do the same by inertia.
>>
is there a way to make the custom pet ai able to target off-screen enemies?
or am I doomed to my pets not knowing how to chase shit off-screen if I use custom ai?
>>
One gripe I've always had with Elona's pet AI is that they are blind as bats, and can't target enemies by themselves until either they or I get hit first (and sometimes, that doesn't even do it).

Does this Custom AI thing I keep hearing about offer a way to fix that shit?
>>
>>17481888
Short answer: Yes.
>>
>>17481956
Fuckin ace
>>
>>17480489
I was thinking about learning to mod the game to add in few secret gods that grant benefits for playing in counter-intuitive way: wearing cursed/doomed equipment, intentionally harming and killing your own pets, actively harming/debuffing yourself and overcasting. The idea is that long time ago there was a war between gods and some of them got corrupted, lost following and traces of their existence disappeared from the world, except for rare altars that might appear in random dungeons.
However, learning to mod without knowing moonrunes is a bit too hard for me.
>>
>>17482063
You only need to know hsp synthax, and doc rlated to it is perfectly readable with google translate.
However, you'll need a few weeks to learn how to read decompiled source of the game. And then you need to know how to make diff patches to keep mod up to date.

So, yeah. Good luck.
>>
>>17482063
RIP anon's idea
>>
>>17481888
It may happen when pet literally cant see target, like pumpkins, without equipment that reveals invis enemies.
Custom AI has it's own downsides, at the very least you need to add directive at the bottom to get closer to target if all else fails.
>>
>>17481175
That's what Performance is for, not whoring. I mean unless you're into that.
>>
>>17482094
>he doesn't grind CHA with Investing
When will poorlets learn?
>>
>>17481873
They can chase. Simply add last command [ enemy distance >= 1 move forward ] and pet will chase after target if it cant attack it from range until one of the directives above start working.
>>
>>17482107
or put that as the first command instead, if you want it to melee
for ranged attacks you need to make it approach to 4 or 5 range, since pets can't attack farther than that
>>
>>17482107
Is there a directive to change target?
>>
>>17480151
This is absolutely false, I have made copies of my cute fairies in ranches. It just takes a while because of their extremely low breed power.
>>
>>17481093
nptc is their current target
>>
>>17482119
No. However, they change target by themselves, depending on who-knows-what.
>>17482118
Foe melee its right before the last command 'distance 1 = melee attack'. Before that you apply buffs, heals, retreat on brainwash and shadow dash.
>>
>>17482169
Tip: put slow breders on ranches before you finish act 1. Game will properly spawn 3 years worth of monsters after act 1 is done.
>>
>>17482227
Yeah. But unfortunately for us, with low breed power npcs like the god servants, their offspring is capped at 1. However you could put in say Pascal with her 235 breed power and have a ranch full of level 65 and under shades.
>>
>>17482236
i've bred mandrakes, fairies and dominions using this
>>
why wont my custom ai pet fire at anything above 5 distance? I have to set it to move closer for it to even try to shoot.
>>
>>17482574
5 is the hard coded limit for pet range attacks I believe. I just use Target <=5 range.
>>
>>17482574
Only ranged attack got limit of 5 tiles, actions like fire a volley, shadow dash and others can be activated on 6 tiles at least, it seems.
>>
Is there really no punishment to using scrolls of flying in Elona+? If so, they seem kinda overpowered.

Can I make all my equipment ridiculously lightweight?
>>
>>17482960
By the time you could make it really light it's weight wont be much of a bother. More important use is for heavy items like god's altars, statues and such, and to make weapons heavier to get max crit multiplier.
>>
>>17482960
If you change your total equipment weight until it falls into another category (light/med/heavy), it will no longer use the corresponding skill. That also means all levels gained in that skill will be wasted, and you won't get e.g. the heavy armor defense bonus anymore if you made your armor lightweight. It says what category you fall into in the equip screen. It's best to stick to one.
>>
>>17482981
>>17469019
Probably need to add info about lategate armor specialization to the guide.

Light armor - adds a special actionl that protects from critical hits.
Medium armor - adds special action that increases power of spells by 20%. -6% cast chance penalty can be mitigated by picking a 'warmage' class.
Heavy Armor gives special action that reduces damage taken and -20% cast chance penalty. But to get maximum possible crit damage you need your main weapon to have weight higher than '365s+half of the sum of the rest of the equipment's weight'. Light Armor passively gives fixed critical damage bonus instead, useful for DW.

Medium armor allows casting more powerful buffs that will last longer.
Heavy armor's casting penalty is not important if you only use magic for buffs and heals.

Armor preference depending on character specialization:

Mage - medium
Dual Wield - not heavy, light is preferred to get higher crit damage, medium for stronger buffs.
Martial Arts - any, medium for stronger buffs.
Ranged/Two Hand - heavy only
>>
>>17483056
Mage is light, my dude, unless you're a warmage. I've spent a lot of flying scrolls to keep myself in an acceptable casting rate. Full plate armor that weighs less than a buttered biscuit
>>
>>17483071
Coming from technical perspective, the only viable class for lategame mage is Warmage. Others are for roleplay and shit.
20% spellpower boost is a huge bonus, and you still get 99% cast chance.
This bonus is equal to priest's bonus for healing spells(since it boosts concentration, which, in turns, boosts healing spells even further)

And this bonus is much stronger than Wizard, since -10% MP spell consumption is worse than 20% stronger spells - buffs last longer, easier to land debuffs, enemies die faster. You simply save more MP with Magic Equip.

If you play this way for roleplay purpose, its your own problem if your way is not the best, just don`t push it on others.
>>
>>17483095
94%, not 99%. Dunno why i typed 9.
>>
>>17483095
You aren't calculating in cast failure possibility, but you are correct, warmage>wizard (I wish this wasn't the case!) If you aren't dual wielding (so you have Vital Flayer and 1 other item, maybe Mag-Abyss or a living thrown weapon), then you have -8% to cast, which is -3% after warmage feat. 97% chance to cast still means you have to instead call it 0.97*1.2 = 1.164, vs the effective 1.1 you get for spending 10% less mana. That's still a tough call to make though, I know, because turns are also an economy, and you want to spend less turns killing something nasty. Even 1.16x is much better than 1.1x in that respect. It comes darn near close if you're afraid of failing to cast. Further, if you're dual wielding AND medium with warmage, you're SOL in that department.

But yes, if you can get near enough to 100% that you're comfortable, medium is great. If you're not comfortable with the idea of failing to cast spells, then maybe don't do that. Sure, there's always a 100% chance of using dimensional move, and Jure spaction isn't a spell, but I'm not sure that <100% cast rate is always ok. I've only been playing for 3 months, though. I'm really not sure about extremely high level void shit.

Do you feel wizard should have any sort of buff, then? It does feel a little lacking.
>>
>>17483166

>CastRate = 90 + SpellLevel - SpellDifficulty * CastMod / (5 + Casting * 4)
> If you're wearing Medium Armor, the value is 12 - MediumArmorSkill/5. This value is then set to 4 if it was lowered by the previous calculations.

Welp, my bad about spellcast chance. I used factual numbers from last playthrough, but looking at wiki its much more complicated than simple +-% cast chance.

In the end for roughly the same mana you get substantially stronger buffs. Kind of unfair.

I'd love Wizard to have some spellpower bonus instead, or some -25% mp cost at least. And priest's heals should have stronger -bleed and -poison effects or give some short buff, even for pure healer 25% heal power is kind of underwhelming.
>>
>>17483166
I wonder if you can DW with claw on 3rd limb to avoid penalty.
>>
>>17482981
>>17482994
Thank you.

>If you change your total equipment weight until it falls into another category (light/med/heavy), it will no longer use the corresponding skill.

And that is basically a now issue since I'm lightweight user anyway.
>>
>>17483210
I don't think so, but I actually have 3 limbs because I'm a retard so let me check. One second.

Holy shit it works.
>>
>>17483219
Yeah I just put on Vital Flayer and Zeome Scythe and Smash Tonfa and I get 100% instead of 94% with light armor. Good call.
>>
File: 17-08-15 17_20_33.png (288KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
17-08-15 17_20_33.png
288KB, 1152x864px
Praise Ehekatl!

WTF is that, actually?
>>
>>17483284
nevermind.

Praise Ehekatl!
>>
File: lucky catgirl on demand.png (10KB, 911x15px) Image search: [Google]
lucky catgirl on demand.png
10KB, 911x15px
>>17483291
Feels like the best statue ever. Lucky day on demand, wtf.
Can i use multiple statues to have it at all times?
>>
>>17483296
You're probably better off just blessing big ol stacks of rice balls. Blessed food is +100 luck instead of +77.
>>
>>17483297
Got too overhyped and didn't notice that 77 instead of 777. What a scam.
I'd rather keep company to Lulwy than that fickle cat.
>>
>>17483307
If you worship Ehekatl you do get a serious luck boost though...
>Stat | Val | Min | Max
>Luck | Favor/100 | 1 | 75 + Faith/10
>>
How many levels of investment would it take to cap out a living weapon's enhanced spell bonus?
>>
>>17483406
Dunno. Use E+custom and objet of heart (sic). 1500 is max enchant level that matters, so far.
>>
How can I put the books in the bookshelf, it's only showing me take option when I used it?
>>
File: 7, 9, Tab [Change].jpg (57KB, 509x179px) Image search: [Google]
7, 9, Tab [Change].jpg
57KB, 509x179px
>>17483693
>>
>>17483693
numpad 7,9 or tab
>>
>>17483095
I'll take 100% cast rate, thanks.
I'd rather know I can get off my spell with certainty than have to gamble because oh shit there's a brainwashing enemy in my face.

When you play for 1000 hours, 3% is going to happen a lot more often than you'd like.
>>
I gave my pet cursed potion of restore body, yet all i see is <nothing happens>
Do i have to doom it first?
>>
>>17483860
If you play 1000 hours, and 3% will turn battle into a gamble for you, you are doing something wrong.

As a mage, you could safely meteor whole map at this point. And if you prefer to avoid that, its still something like 0,0001 chance to get actually brainwashed and ~gasp~ remove one piece of equipment temporarily.

For pets, there are several methods to safely cope with it even without custom AI, while custom AI turns it into an annoying but ultimately harmless status.
>>
>Explicitly prevented the game from connecting to the new third-party Japanese chat server meant for vanilla Elona that was set up with Noa's permission. The game will not connect if the address for that server is specified in the server.txt.

what server are you guys using?
>>
>>17483964
JDestroy's server for E+, which is completely unrelated to that vanilla Elona server.
>>
>>17483982
so

elochat-proxy.shiroko.yi.org%elona.squares.net%

?
or are those posts outdated? he never says what to actually have in server.txt
>>
>>17484114
Correct.
>>
>>17483902
I'm not sure about them, but my point is that you just have to remember cast failure affects average damage. If you deal double damage but only hit half the time, you're effectively the same average damage, but there are upsides and downsides to choosing that vs regular damage at 100% cast rate. I know that is an extreme example and is not exactly what is going on here, but there is a similar principle at play. There are many units of economy to keep track of between mid-level grinding and Kai-status. For instance, spell stock in meteor is difficult for me to get even with millions of gold and 6 magic vendors in my house (not 8, I have weird priorities). Once you've trained meteor up so it uses less stock, however, this isn't an issue at all. Then, would you rather your meteor hit for 1.164x average damage, or be guaranteed you don't waste meteor stock? Further, you can't (and shouldn't) meteor everything all the time, even though it's the best damage ratio for taking advantage of Magic Equip, because then you'll have trouble taking down Fire Superb+ bosses.
Plus, to taste, it can be pretty boring just meteoring everything.

I regularly go around with <100% cast rate myself, but I don't see why you would say that 3% shouldn't turn it into a gamble. It's pretty easy to get in over your head midgame, in the levels between 1 and this mythical 1000+ marker.

Yes, 3% cast fail rate shouldn't fuck you too hard; you should realistically expect 75% due to random mist of dazzlings fired around. But I can appreciate why someone might not want to take that risk until they're confident in their spellcasting or hybrid methods.
>>
>>17484260
Well, 3% failure chance is still a minor issue in this game, so the whole point was pretty much 'it feels uncomfy'.
Its kinda hard to oneshot many endgame enemies so late in the game without meteor in the first place, and if you don`t rely neither on oneshots nor on meteor the whole point is kinda...
(you could simply carry a single spare piece of equipment to switch to light armor in cases where 20% spellpower is less important than 1/33 chance of failure).
>>
>>17484260
>>17484316
Mostly I just stick with 100% cast rate because
1. I never remember to use armor skills anyway, so I'd be failing for nothing.
2. If I need a damage boost 95% of the time I can just Rampage, the other 5% being solved by a second cast of meteor or getting the fuck out because I shouldn't fight it in the first place.
>>
>>17484316
Oh definitely, carrying spare equipment feels like a must. Never understood how people run around with empty inventories.
It really looks like Magic, as a combat skill, is not meant to be a lategame oneshot skill. It's great for clearing shit mobs (which can be void or awakened enhanced shit mobs) so ball spells and meteor are often alternated by checking what resists what element and applying debuffs. Great strats like Megid Flame, for instance, don't hit everything in the whole dungeon, which is where Meteor shines. I really feel like when you get to the point where 3% absolutely does not matter, magic is also really falling off. I'm only just now starting to see it happen. Not that magic isn't great, it can become buffs and room clearing. But by reading a lot of these stories and algorithms, the real late game damage dealers are MA and TH, everything else lagging far behind (yet still respectable).
>>
>>17484382
I could never imagine running an empty inventory, but I always find carrying multiple sets of gear to be awkward in games myself.
>>
File: Strings.png (630KB, 1276x767px) Image search: [Google]
Strings.png
630KB, 1276x767px
Blade strings (from the feat) seems kind of... powerful? I just one-shot a level 60 maneater flower with it.
>>
How do I raise my HP efficiently?
>>
>>17484748
Oh, it just randomly procs decapitate whenever it feels like it. Also seems to ignore evasion, which is nice for all these damned bats.
>>
>>17484402
You really need at most 2 items - tool to eat rotten food and equipment piece to change armor class if necessary. Well, maybe some specialized anti-god weapon as well.

>>17484382
Thats why I honestly think lategame mage is all about meteors, rest is kind of..support'ish.
However, i still disagree on MA and TH being the main lategame damage dealers. Elona+ is pretty well balanced.
Mage got megid flame pets and water+ice/lightning combos, shower enemies with status effects with other elements when necessary, and thats disregarding that one spammable skill that could damage overflow into healing instead of oneshotting 99% of targets.

Throwing allows stacking of multiple buffs with great synergy for insane damage multipliers, and got ranged swarm skill.

Guns/Bows got awesome burst ammo to finish off big targets really fast, and if you have a bunch of ranged pets spamming fire a volley it turns into a glorious lead/arrow wall that obliterates everything.

DW requires extra hands to be effective, but it turns into king of single target damage when properly equipped.

Even crafting professions got a good variety of items to do well in lategame.
>>
>>17484769
simply keep good CON stat with mining/yoghurt food. HP mostly comes with levels.
Hero cheese is the thing that increases your life(hp multiplier) by 3, thus 100 life character will get 3% more hp with one hero cheese eaten. It stacks until 1000 life, but takes a lot of time(literally RL months) to grind with little sisters quest.
>>17484748
That level range is where those skills really shine. But lateer damage is pretty pathetic. Decapitation is still very useful vs fat targets, though.
Violent garden one/two-shots all targets on screen in lv100 dungeons for my lv30 char, but cant do much once enemies start to get high resists. Shining wave, gravity skills are similar.
>>
>>17484808
It also deals cut damage which always deals 100% damage to overwhelming majorty of targets.
>>
>>17484965
What do you do with your massive kit of recharge scrolls, escape scrolls, +13 black teas, save-my-ass statues, and random swap jewelry for +skills, keep them in 4D pocket? That's for food, baka!

Also, what damage overflow skill and what stacking throwing buffs. Enhances thrown rock? Not trying to be rude, I just don't know these. I read a lot of posts that said the lategame is unbalanced and that even meteor pales in comparison to lategame MA/TH. Sorry if I have it wrong!
>>
So I found a claw that apparently fires bullets when you attack things.
Makes me want to try and find another one and go full martial arts while shooting things to death at the same time.
>>
>>17484965
>DW requires extra hands to be effective, but it turns into king of single target damage when properly equipped.

I made a mutant thinking this would be the case but I don't know if this is a pipe dream or not. The problem I found when you get too many hands is that your accuracy falls through the floor and a lot of those supposed extra hand attacks just don't end up hitting. I thought eye of mind would solve that but thinking that enemies eventually cap greater evasion I might be back at square one with still a ton of misses in the end. I restarted as an easier race and decided not to add extra limbs. Playing a mutant or some sort of incredibly complex limbed character takes an astronomical amount of grind to get anywhere. I know MA is considered very grind heavy but I might go as far as to say playing mutant or any extra limb character going dual wield probably takes even more effort. Not only do you have to deal with misses but you have to treat your low speed and maybe even low life. Not to mention all that grinding you have to do just to get somewhat decent weapons to use.
>>
>>17484965
Guns also get time stop on demand plus a guaranteed Crit + double damage special action for as long as their stamina holds out.
Honestly thinking of making my magic character into a gunner as well just for variety.
>>
>>17485101
Post pic
>>
File: Gunclaw.png (268KB, 586x402px) Image search: [Google]
Gunclaw.png
268KB, 586x402px
>>17485142
>>
>>17485089
I meant you onle need 2-3 spare equipment pieces. 4d for food is a bit annoying to use cos of stamina drain.

Meteor can damage overflow into negative(healing), and nothing else in vame could possibly contend with it unless you deal with one of the 3(+1 sleeping giant) enemy types with resEle flag.

Thrown is boosted immensely by uncontroll and boost in addition to straight 50% bonus from ench. throwing stone staff.

>>17485103
Thats why there is misconception that DW is weaker. DW requires by an order of magnitude more grinding than MA, works only for 4+ handed chars and needs very exhausting weapon selection/refinement stage, yet TH requires perfecting only one weapon and MA requires nothing while giving everything.
Gravity sphere invoke is great for DW due to boons of gravitation status. I'd say DW really needs gravity feats to get past early/midgame.

>>17485142
>>17485101

proximity assist stuff. special actions/techn page on wiki got detailed info in comments.
Each items gives 10% chance for extra damage on each ranged or melee attack, nothing fancy.
>>
>>17485181
late night posting as usual. Wiki page for equipment attributes that is.
Sorry for the typos, they make my eyes bleed as well.
>>
>>17485181
>MA requires nothing
Well, that's not quite true. Since your damage dice are solely based on your skill, you need to grind far more before your damage begins to be on par with weapons.
>>
>>17485181
I don't know anon. I was pretty soured on the whole dw mutant thing. Had a six hand mutant with 900 or so skill in both long sword and dual wield. My accuracy was awful and I'm not exactly too confident raising those skills higher would of offset some of the hit penalties I was seeing despite keeping weapons light. Invokes are nice when they go off but I just didn't like the inconsistencies of it. That may just be me though and just being incompatable with the whole dw mutant using invokes. Maybe if I went with less hands I might have done better but looking at the numbers Kai puts up with MA I doubt dual wield can match it despite the work you have to put in. I rolled as a vanilla two hand warrior and I'm having an easier time and overall more happy with this character.
>>
>>17485103
Btw, i usually solve it by using several critrate weapons. Most importantly, during timestop you have 100% hitrate on all weapons, so first 2-4 hands need this invoke for maximum efficiency. As i said, DW requires a lot of thinking and grinding to get equipment set that could actually unleash full potential of the style.
>>
>>17485166
>Adamantium claw
Logan pls
>>
>>17485244
Yeah timestop is nice but the fact that you can't crit while in it really disappointed me.
>>
Trying to heavily twink out a new gene based around firearms. Should I wait for living sniper rifle with time stop or just settle with my living gravity sphere pistol/element scar shotgun?
>>
>>17485181
>Meteor can damage overflow into negative(healing), and nothing else in vame could possibly contend with it unless you deal with one of the 3(+1 sleeping giant) enemy types with resEle flag.

You must be talking about enemies in normal dungeons. No way meteor does that much damage in awakened dungeons or the void.
>>
>>17485214
But you get so many freebies(pierces, crits, ez extra attacks, free element of choice, list goes on and on) that simply grinding one skill to some lv300-400 looks like a generous deal.

>>17485261
You get 5 free turns of 100% hitrate and you want crits on top? heh. Crits dont give much for dw anyway, crit damage multiplier is too low, and for penetration its easier to simply craft some lightsabers.

>>17485274
no shotguns/pistols. machinegun for noob time, then railgun or crossbow(for pen), midgame with sniper is pretty good too. endgame got large selection of artifacts of all flavors.
>>
>>17485310
You cant do the same with anything else, it simply deals the most base damage. you can use megid flame/thrown oil debuffs to multiply the damage, plus easiest use of charge.
>>
>>17485312
>pierces, crits,
Other skills get that just for equipping the weapon. MA has to grind whole lot for it
>ez extra attacks
With gear that enables it, same as any other weapon, just a better cap than 2H.
>free element
Weapons can have elements too. They don't get to choose it though.

None of the freebies are free, you gotta grind a ton of MA to make them worthwhile.
>>
>>17485312
>machinegun for noob time
I'm not sure that I follow but ok. Gonna keep searching for a sniper rifle/machine gun.
>>
>>17485359
you get all the benefits really early in case of pierce and crit multiplier
easiest style to get extra attacks, you get more at average than 2h with no downsides like riding or casting penalty
weapons can be switched on demand too, but its not free at all.
you get dv/pv swap mode, clear mind buff and zo on. MA is MADE of freebies, igs designed to give endgame monsters same damage as PC without equipment. And you basically get a decent weapon starting from 50MA.

The one and only downside of MA is that you need tough enemies to level it later, unlike spear for example.

All other styles require the same grinding, mages grind casting much slower, DW needs sky-high skills to kill a rabbit for dinner, and TH doesnt deal much dam age without skill levels either.
>>
>>17485408
hit bonus is great for machine gun and penalty is abysmal for sniper. you need skilled char to handle sniper rifle. shotgun / pistol have bad range multipliers.
>>
File: 1501455776706.jpg (62KB, 395x416px) Image search: [Google]
1501455776706.jpg
62KB, 395x416px
Time Stop attacks never crit.
Zero Shoot always crits.
Which wins?
>>
File: Tags.png (109KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
Tags.png
109KB, 300x429px
I really like this whole tag system because it means I don't have fifty pets running around cluttering up the map every time I try to do something.
>>
>>17485431
Oh I see. Makes sense, thanks
>>
How strong is the Punishment hex that the evolved cattle pet can use?
>>
File: huh.png (265KB, 626x506px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
265KB, 626x506px
How am I supposed to get up there?
>>
>>17485611
just be yourself
>>
>>17485611
look for dungeon mountain pass
>>17485605
its always the same hex, only duration varies between god's punishment and pet's
>>
For somebody who hasn't played in 2 years, how will attempting to port a save from apparently version 1.41 of Elona+ work?
>>
>>17485742
perfectly
>>
>>17485742
I used a gene from 1.15 with no problems.
>>
is it possible to change a pets gender without getting a new pet?
>>
>>17485891
Forbidden meat, thought I think that doesn't change every referral to their sex so you might end up with certain amusing situations.
>>
Hey Kai you do your damage tests in the void right? How much damage do you do with ma and meteor against normal enemies in normal dungeons. Does your damage overflow and heal enemies?
>>
>>17485742
If you still have the version 1.41 of Elona+, I'd gladly take a sample.
There's a nice wonderbody in it, I'd like to get for future a character.
>>
>>17485903
The blessed and cursed version are VERY amusing.
>>
>>17485787
>>17485834
Thanks, it turns out the save ported perfectly fine.

>>17486012
Don't have the original zip, but I do have the game folder. .

If you tell me what makes up the meat of an actual version, I can zip it up and upload it though. Also what do you mean by wonderbody.
>>
>>17486012
https://mega.nz/#!QMogXahJ!TNPddLtl4IuYDIhvBB7FiVKv8m_luebAdjcQrFSSyfw
Well, zipped everything, but the save, tmp, and user folders and uploaded it. The version is 1.41fix so it's not exactly versions 1.41 apparently. For some reason the original zip wasn't in my old backup HD. Guessing I deleted it for space before a backup took place.

Looking at what is in there, there's zips for versions 1.06, 1.11, 1.16-20, and 1.23 so if you're interested in any of those I can upload them.
>>
Hey guys is there a way to make armor transparent so I only look at the clothes I selected during character creation? Sorry I'm new at this.
>>
>>17486412
Oh wait I figured it out. Through dressers.
>>
>>17486105
>>17486183
Thanks, that's going to help a lot, even though it's not the original zip.
I don't need the previous non plus elona version, as far as I know, there is no specific freebie to collect or use, like the wonderbody nd the cores.
Ideally, I'd like to keep the versions with unique freebies, important step to do before upgrade.
Wait if you did not update your save yet, then use 1.46 first, It will give you free cores.
Currently uploading.
>>
>>17486183
>>17486426
https://mega.nz/#!DhlUATBQ!Kbz3_th3d6kH4uDXw0II3wRbOvstVDoCZW1l2iKy41g
Here goes.
>>
I got an error trying to take my money from my shop, roughly 6.5 million
anyone know what is it about?
>>
>>17486426
>>17486452
Oh, thanks, now I remember stuff about gene machine limb changes meaning people got that wonderbody thing to fix stuff.

Also, I meant + versions. I was around early in Elona+'s life, but eventually stopped playing due to issues coupled with a hard drive crash.
>>
File: dmg.png (954KB, 1625x635px) Image search: [Google]
dmg.png
954KB, 1625x635px
>>17485952
Yes, I do almost all of my damage tests in the void. I don't think I've ever seen damage overflow where it started healing the enemy but I wouldn't rule that it's impossible considering the strangeness I've seen before. Nevertheless whatever that amount I sure haven't reached it to cause overflow in my game. I did try doing tons of damage in my picture but overflow didn't happen.

Picture on the left is me casting a lv 1,105 meteor on normal enemies after I casted divine wisdom, used uncontrollable, omega shift core, magic equip, and charge. Just going to say it did around 23 million damage due to some enemies being weak to fire otherwise it did around 15 million. Picture on the right is me punching a sandbagged enemy after I casted hero, used attribute, clear mind, uncontrollable, omega shift core, charge, and body blow. Only got 7 attacks in that picture instead of the max 8 but I did nearly 50 million damage. So whatever that overflow number is it's got to be really high as I've never seen it myself.
>>
>>17486495
I'm able to pull money from my safe fine in 1.70. Pulled around 35 million out of it.
>>
>>17486780
it worked after I reloaded the game after it crashed, no idea what the hell that was about
>>
>>17486594
oh god I thought uncontrollable power only worked on melee/ranged
that's neat
>>
>>17486807
Yeah the fury part of it will contribute to additional spell damage and the speed buff is nice. Mainly used it because it was on my hotkey. If you want to avoid confusion and are fine with just having the fury status rampage may be a safer option for spell casting. Uncontrollable worked out in the end with that cocktail of buffs because by the time I got every buff on me confusion ran out.
>>
File: Wet.png (24KB, 679x34px) Image search: [Google]
Wet.png
24KB, 679x34px
>>
>>17486983
Delete this
>>
>>17485952
I wonder how did you read 'meteor could damage overflow' as 'meteor will damage overflow on 6666lv enemies in the void'. I bet most religious wars started from very special meanings taken from common speeches.

>>17486594
uncontroll is bad for meteor, it halves stats not related to phys attacks. better use rampage for magic.
if i recall correctly your build didnt have maxed spellpower?
megid flame seems to be kind of crucial for meteor at lower void/awakened dungeons.
too bad you didnt have gasoline to shower friends with it, hehe.
>>
>>17486495
maybe you've got too much money on hand.
>>
>>17487280
Reminder, however, that Rage will quadruple the damage Meteor does to you.
Cast with care.
>>
>>17487280
Oh, nevermind spellpower part, now i noticed added bonus on backslot item from equips screencap.
>>
>>17487343
>>17486594
>871 magic at the bottom
>while buffed with divine wisdom.
>>
>>17487353
Nevermind thats will and i'm blind.
>>
Whoops thought my post lagged out but it didn't.

>>17487280
Don't think him using rampage instead of uncontrollable would change the damage numbers. Uncontrollable reduces dexterity, learning, and will, while buffing strength, perception, and speed. Doesn't do anything to the magic, constitution, or charisma. Since uncontrollable doesn't effect magic the damage will be similar to that if he used rampage.

Meteor Spell Damage: Magic * SpellPower/10

Spellpower = SpellLevel*10 + 50

The "It enhances your spells" enchantment applies after Magic Equip, and can boost spellpower to a total of 2x. The formula is SpellPower = Spellpower * (1 + EnchantStrength/1000), where EnchantStrength is capped at 1500.

His equipment shows a total It enhances your spells power of 1,600 which is a bit over the cap of what the wiki says. His spell enhance stuff seems to be on the mighty arms and five horned helmet. Probably from artifact fusion.

>>17487353
That's will at 871. Magic is 2861
>>
>>17487306
you can use magaqua to mitigate some selfdamage. on pets as well.
>>
>>17487280
Oh I was just asking to see what his damage numbers look like against enemies in normal dungeons. The damage from most of his pictures are reduced due to very strong monsters in the void. If he was going to get overflow I think it would be against enemies that are not scaled so I asked him if he ever encountered overflow against enemies with no resist or barely any in those normal dungeons.
>>
>>17487373
So overall stats are close to perfect, it can only be boosted further by debuffs, aside from amxing meteor level. Looking at the numbers, maxed meteor may be somewhat comparable to MA vs single target with oil status and elemental scar.

Good thing we can use skill points and plat to level spells now, maxed meteor is no longer a dream.

>>17487417
Oh. Gotcha.

Apparently, damage overflow may happen when you debuff lowlevel mobs and cast charged ~maxed meteor.

I've never been anywhere close to that to actually test it without elosnack/wizmode and Ano may have added damage cap to prevent this since then.
>>
>>17487437
I don't know. It really depends on what attribute he was using with his fists. He didn't say anything about debuffing the enemy with element scar so I'm guessing he might be using magic? If he changed his fists to do fire damage with element scar and gasoline the difference in damage might still be there.
>>
>>17487440
If we go really anal about it, you cant really use charge consistently with single target melee, and unarmed element will most likely be ice or lightning vs wet target. Its also possible to add boost from mani's statue and PV debuff on top for extra burst damage.

Oil is somewhat tricky too, since potions are a bit too rare to spam rain with them on every floor, so you can only rely on megid flame for consistent damage, but charge is much easier to use.

However, thats all disregarding the fact that its a comparison of damage all skill vs single target melee.
>>
>>17487478
Well it does certainly seem that if you want to clear dungeon floors quickly you go meteor. If you want to kill the dungeon boss as fast as possible though you cast fist.
>>
>>17487501
The tricky bit is meteoring without obliterating your party members.
That's the real grind.
>>
>>17487505
stack only fire res, give them magaqua, use karatas(heh) or gokichafuck cockroaches, give them healing rain and mana shield with leold.
Its not that difficult if you actually focus tenth of the efforts you expanded for leveling meteor on your pets protection.
>>
File: To make a drain tank.png (204KB, 510x504px) Image search: [Google]
To make a drain tank.png
204KB, 510x504px
funny letting the noodle monster do 1v8 and him just drain tanking all the damage.

other two sabers have 800 nether damage and crit boosting
>>
>>17487539
So spoiler tag has been disabled or something? 4chan really needs some more transparency for allowed tags in messages, it feels like tags are considered to be on the same level with unicode 'hacks‘ here.
>>
>>17487550
spoiler tag is only enabled on particular boards
you can't use in /jp/ in the same way that you can't use [code] outside of /g/,
>>
>>17487549
would be funny to add staff on insanity or frisia's tail on top for nightmare.
bloodsucking tentacle monster.
>>
File: Spaghetti.png (504KB, 685x381px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti.png
504KB, 685x381px
>>17487563
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 254x198px
>>17487556
>>
File: 1472248523089.png (69KB, 489x170px) Image search: [Google]
1472248523089.png
69KB, 489x170px
okay apparently jp is one of the boards where the spoiler tag is enabled
in related news, i am retarded
>>
>>17487585
Perhaps.
Fyi 4chan doesn't like it when you use too many in one post or try to nest them.
>>
I'm tired of sucking cock in this game to make gold. Want to turn over a new leaf and forget that I had hundreds of miles of cocks run through me. Is there some sort of virgin bed I can get in this game that I can sleep in and my prostitution count in my journal will go away? Want to wake up and not be a slut.
>>
>>17487597
Nothing in game will do it, but Elosnack may be able to grant your wish.
I don't think it tracks the value though, so you'll have to puzzle out which one it is on your own.
>>
>>17487597
Elosnack? Once slut is forever slut in Elona.

You could try making number of parters overflow, though.
>>
File: 1475674397243.jpg (24KB, 606x557px) Image search: [Google]
1475674397243.jpg
24KB, 606x557px
>>17487597
slut is a state of mind, anon, not a number in your journal
>>
>>17487478
Right, meteor is massively boosted by frisia's tail, so you can get over 3,5k magic with it. 3‘500*20‘50*3 base damage, and oil multiplies it by 1.75, 36,8 mil base damage, 73,6mil with fury and 736mil when charged(wtf?)
>>
>>17487665
3500*2005*3 i mean
>>
>>17487478
>you cant really use charge consistently with single target melee
Why what's stopping you?
>>
>>17487665
I'd be more scared of what MA could do with their fists if you let them play with debuffs. They get all the benefits of oil, fury, element scar, megid flame, and mist of frailness because they do both physical and elemental damage. Then again dual wield and 2h can also tap into that as well if they have an elemental weapon.
>>
>>17487677
Lets see.
10 turns wait time that breaks the status with any damage to deal the same 10x damage with melee attack.
And you need to repeat this for every enemy. SP is not infinite.

Something tells me you'll get more consistent damage by simply attacking the target 10 times, but i may be mistaken. Enlighten me, please.
>>
>>17487290
yeah I just spent half of that on upgrading my shit
>>
>>17487720
Oh so you can actually use it whenever you want but it's not practical to always do so. Got it.
>>
>>17487718
You missed the point that Meteor's single attack vs all could be comparable to maxed out single target melee attack. Even if its 2 or 4 times weaker its still comparable.

And you dont charge melee unless you need to kill boss that uses strong buff on low hp, elemental portion of damage is not anywhere as big for attribute, and Kai used inner god's +str weapon in his test MA atack.

>>17487736
charge could still be interrupted, especially when every mob got 2k speed.

meh, intial point was that most combat styles stay useful even for endgame, you just gotta grind more or make some preparations for some of them.
>>
if you use custom ai can pets use unlisted special abilities like the defender's lay on hands?
>>
>>17487757
>elemental portion of damage is not anywhere as big for attribute
What do you mean by this? I'm a bit confused. Looking at his picture the elemental damage from his charge attack, which I'm guessing is magic because there is no flavor text, did a lot of damage like 20 mil on top of the physical for 10 mil
>>
>>17487775
Yes, in most cases.

>>17487789
Badly worded.
I meant in comparison to magic one.

Simply, debuffing target so that fire will deal 3x damage wont make fire-attribute MA deal 3x damage of the magic-attribute MA.
>>
Can you reroll just the attributes of a weapon? I found a katana with pretty sweet damage dice, but a useless "it increases strength by 0" and some other filler
>>
>>17488371
Just use it.
It's not like the filler has a negative impact, except for artifact fusion but I don't think you are anywhere close to that.
>>
>>17488522
Oh of course, I was just thinking if it could be improved on in the future because I don't know how that works too well
>>
>>17488599
That's a long long ways off, and damage dice is the easiest part to fix for any weapon.
Just changing the material to something like adamantite and using a craft repair kit and makes its damage great, but things like resists, immunities, and special enchantments are hard to come by.
>>
>panic quest with fairies
>2 secret experiences of kumiromi in a row
>>
can i become ruler of this land ?
>>
>>17489199
You can become the de facto mayor of every town (does nothing), own a castle full of servants, a mansion full of maids, command a small army of creatures, and kill the gods. But you and your harem of immortal godslayer wives still have to pay taxes and can't depose the queen.
>>
is there a list somewhere of what all the non combat skills do for pets?
>>
>>17489384
gathering skills give material stock upon pet's kill, carpentry/tailoring give items after sleep, cooking gives breakfast if you wake up before 10 am
>>
>>17489399
never gotten anything from crafting/cooking, is there something im missing because Im waking up at the right time for it
>>
>>17489405
for crafting the pet must be at <soul mate> or above
i don't think such a requirement exists for cooking, but they do have to have the skill
>>
>>17489410
They need to be <Fellow> or higher to cook.
>>
What is the best way to start learning magic? I have a bunch of spells, but all of them have 1% success rate. I've done the magic training in town a bunch of times, but it didn't do much.

Also, is there a way to get harder quests? Grinding the low level ones is somewhat boring.
>>
>>17489420
Get casting skill, level it by trying to cast any spells, the higher level spells give more skill exp. Failcasts give exp too.

Get more fame. Easy way to get a lot of fame fast is pet arena in Port Kapul - if you have strong pet(s) that is.
>>
>>17489420
Increase Casting.
Increase Fame for more quests (makes harder enemies spawn in other places to though).
>>
>>17487775
Lay on hands isn't a special action FYI. It's a flag set on the defender, like metal damage reduction for bells, and it's used automatically once you or one of your allies is about to die. Custom AI has nothing to do with this.
>>
What are your guys' favorite pets? I rarely branch away from little girl and fire dragon.
>>
>>17489552
I have a weakness for animal ears.
I have a black cat, a fox brother, a wolf, and a kitsune. The latter two are renamed/reskinned from other npcs, though.
>>
>>17489552
black angel. her foul mouth amuses me to no end

as a bonus, she is the best ride in this game
>>
>>17489552
The god reward servant pets of course, their evolutions are neat. Young ladies a best. And the sisters/fox brothers, I currently have a twice-evolved older dog sister on one character and an evolved fox brother on another. I also like harpies. Goda's a bro too. Nurses, rogue wizards/archers, elea are all pretty good. Pretty much any humanoid works for me, I've never been much of a fan of mounts/animals. Maybe I should try one or two though.
>>
>>17489637
>the best ride in this game
In both senses of the word, I take it?
>>
>>17489552
Can't go wrong with my murderous alcoholic little girl.
Also love Defender, fox brother, small wooden golem, and military putit (just for the image of something without hands somehow wielding a gun).
>>
for some reson vernis is full of stone golem thingies that kill all.
>>
>>17489730
You messed with the drunk guy by the cemetary, didn't you?
>>
>>17489742
no, i dont recall doing anything to any drunk guy.
>>
File: putit.png (7KB, 575x293px) Image search: [Google]
putit.png
7KB, 575x293px
>>17489719
>something without hands somehow wielding a gun
Don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>17489649
In other sense, Shena>Jure>Ehekatl>>>>>>>>>>Abusive flatboard of an angel.
>>
>>17489762
Maybe someone in town is wearing a piece of cursed equipment with the "it summons hostile monsters" curse.
>>
>>17489795
>Shena
Like throwing a hotdog into the Grand Canyon.
>>
>>17489805
Shena is pure, she doesn't even know her panties are missing. It's just that literally everyone else does.
>>
>>17489426
>>17489427
Oh, I ddin't know that failing spells also helps. Thank you.
>>
So apparently my post failed.
Haven't played since .59, also havent used mods before so any suggestions?
>>
>>17490107
On the main post there are some links that´ll help you, current Elona Custom (Elona Plus Translated) is 1.70.1 and there´s a quick tutorial in the pastebin on how to install it
>>
I've got two similar weapons, one with +4 Speed and one with "It protects from cursing words. [#####]". How useful is the "cursing words" protection? (I already have the exorcist feat.) Would it keep me from being hit with debuffs? I can't find anything online about it.
>>
File: dmgoverflow.png (1012KB, 1618x633px) Image search: [Google]
dmgoverflow.png
1012KB, 1618x633px
Alright I got myself some oil and decided this time I would element scar the enemies around me to see if I could trigger overflow. I was also interested in the kind of damage this would do as well as I've never set up meteor like this. Went to some random low level normal dungeons to see what kind of high numbers I could get.

Before I casted meteor I had Frisia's tail equipped for the magic attribute buff. Ran Divine Wisdom, Element Scar, Rampage, Omega Shift Core, Oil, and Magic Equip. Seems no overflow occurred and highest damage was around 26 million.

For MA I ran Element Scar, Mist of Frailness, Attribute, Clear Mind, Hero, Uncontrollable, Omega Shift Core, Water, and set my element to ice. Accidentally hit my swarm hotkey when I meant to do bodyblow but whatever. Didn't get overflow but was amazed by the overall damage nevertheless. About 167 million damage in total.

Both tests in the picture I didn't use charge. I did use charge for a test not pictured but still couldn't get overflow with either. Trying to remember if my previous character ever did and I think he may have with meteor. Maybe something in a prior version. I know he caused overflow with his HP leading me to submit a bug report to Ano and after that Total HP got capped at 20 million and HP calculations were changed.
>>
File: 1488339869127.gif (949KB, 247x353px) Image search: [Google]
1488339869127.gif
949KB, 247x353px
Weeew I made it just in time, new thread coming up in a minute lads but it will probably push this one off page 10 so just check catalogue
>>
>>17490242
Never assume that just because a thread is last in line, a new one will push it off.
Deleted threads lead to gaps.
>>
>>17490255
Ooh better for us then, we got some leeway dads

New >>17490261
Thread posts: 511
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.