[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2012 Daily /jp/ posters: 6071 >2017 Daily /jp/ posters:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 27

File: 1387308350156.png (105KB, 258x328px) Image search: [Google]
1387308350156.png
105KB, 258x328px
>2012 Daily /jp/ posters: 6071
>2017 Daily /jp/ posters: 993

What the frick happened?
>>
They grew up
>>
Board got bad, people left.
>>
File: marisad.png (391KB, 907x539px) Image search: [Google]
marisad.png
391KB, 907x539px
>>17298995
(most of the) normalfags have departed
you will meet the rest in gensokyo
>>
>>17299011

janny at the helm
>>
The board stopped being moot's meme factory and 4chan's NEET refuge, and instead became an on-topic discussion board whose only cultural unifying point seems to be making no new users ever come to /jp/. So now there aren't any.
>>
>>17298995
I got banned once for posting illya in /jp/ around 2015. That's how I knew that /jp/ was going downhill.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 266x189px
>>17298995
>What the frick happened?
>2023 Daily /jp/ posters: 1
>>
>>17298995
Crossies finally got the fuck out of the jay.
And thank god, look at the state of the other boards, it's madness.
>>
Don't be sad Ilya...
They are in a better place now...
I shall rejoice them soon, I'm sorry Ilya...
>>
>>17298995
Try some keywords elsewhere
>Gen X
>dying
>Soy
>conspiracy
>>
I just don't have anything to post about on /jp/ anymore. I got tired of 2hu, I stopped playing mahjong, english VNs now belong to /vg/, etc. And the same probably applies to lots of old posters who left /jp/. The only reason I've found this thread is because it was linked on /qa/.

But /jp/ seems to be fine. I've just checked catalog and /jp/ looks far better than any board I still visit. You don't need lots of posters to have a good board. Keep up the good work, guys.
>>
>>17299003
this
>>
>>17299297
I know how you feel. This place mostly now has generals that I don't care too much about, though I still stop by every now and then in case a thread related to my interests shows up.
>>
/jp/ changed just like Akihabara changed
It's no more about obscure vns, old PC-98 hardware and doujins
It's all about idols, maid cafés and onaholes
I sometimes think the otaku culture itself is changing.
>>
>>17299207
/jp/ is probably one of the least informative, unfunny boards though
>>
Sounds like it's time for the emergence of Otakupunk. A rejection of the corruption of the current state of Otaku affairs. We just need someone brave enough...bringing about the age of neo-Otaku through the great Weeaboo Purge. The /jp/nacht. Where thousands upon thousands of the world’s greatest Otaku are massacred in a swath of violence and weeb bigotry as the culture is outlawed worldwide. The reason: the Chaos Dunk, a jam so powerful its mere existence threatens the balance of funposting and moderation. Among the few Otaku and secondaries that survive the weeb genocide will be One. A glorious phoenix who rises from the ashes of the past, the man capable of performing...the “Verboten Jam”…
>>
Didn't you get the memo? /jp/ became a suicide cult upon its creation.
>>
I blame all the 3DPG idol threads.
>>
>>17299599
good
>>
>>17298995
Meido left
>>
>>17299676
I honestly want them gone
I want 3D idol generals to stop clogging up the front page

Of course the mods will never listen
They treat /jp/ like a trashbin
>>
>>17298995
All the posters left for Gensokyo.
>>
>>17298995
The board broke under repeated mishandlings by the admins and the previous cuck owner. /jp/ lost its culture as the core got older and the replacements were dumb. The old culture was abandoned.

What most people now don't realize is that /jp/ was just a continuation of /a/, and old /b/ before it, so /jp/ has actually had a pretty long run all things considered.

The ancient /jp/sies were divested from /a/ and became /jp/, and then they ceased to be when they stopped fighting.
>>
The spinoffs and migration of users and tripfags, both native and crossboarders to other places
Generals
Passage of Time
Deterioration of the Site
Change of Board Identity

Pick 3, maybe 7 of those.
>>
I wasn't here for the early days of /jp/, but considering that it was made up of posters from /a/, I would assume it would have resembled /a/ of that time.
>>
i only browse /jp/ for rhythm game content so i have no idea
>>
>>17299986
Early /jp/ was /a/ freed from the constraints of having to be tangentially related to anime or manga, or your thread would get nuked.

It was a wild and magical time where the most quality threads were born, and then consumed by the shitty ones.

It was a pleasure to post with the gentlemen of that period.
>>
>>17299676
>>17299873
We've been here from the beginning. Get fucked.
>>
Generals are the cancer of any board, except /b/ (too stupid). 3D naturally attracts normalfags. What's the difference between idols and the celebrity worship that normalfags do? That one is Japanese and the other isn't?
>>
>>17300032
>what is the difference between a teenage Japanese girl spitting water on me in a dingy basement in Shinjuku and watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians?

Literally you right now. Again, get fucked.
>>
>>17300017
length of time on /jp/ doesn't make something not shit.
>>
>>17300032
Idols are literaly just Japanese celebs based on their looks, it can't go more backwards and normalfag than that. Hiro should just make a /celeb/ board so he can throw idols there together with k-pop and whatever is infesting /hr/ and call it a day.
>>
>>17300043
>what is the difference between a teenage Japanese girl spitting water on me in a dingy basement in Shinjuku and watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians?

So... what's the difference?
>>
>>17300049
Idols should be banned for the same reason posting a picture of someone who is not an singing idol but under 18 will get you banned. The gravure threads can't post junior idols, for instance, but if they were in some singing group, you could post the same girl all day in whatever skimpy swimsuit photo her manager forced her to do. Why is that allowed?
>>
>>17300057
Obviously none. Just like there is no difference between 2hu and undertale. Both are games with lots of focus on music and characters and with strong fandom. But one is part of otaku culture and thus posted on /jp/ and other is not and thus belong to /v/. It's that simple.
>>
>>17300075
Both have /vg/ generals. Undertale is also arguably a Japanese influenced western doujin game.
>>
>>17300075
Can we discuss Japanese politics too? Are they Otaku culture?
>>
>>17300090
No, because Japanese politics is not part of otaku culture. It's really that simple.
>>
>>17300049
The problem with containment boards for niche subjects is that when you give people a dedicated board for something, they fill it. More people even start showing up, and for those people, that thing is part of 4chan culture: look, they even have their own board! If the subject is especially normalfag, that board will grow, perhaps splinter, and eventually be so swollen that its denizens go regularly wandering around the other boards.

I think a stronger argument would be "Idols are backwards and normalfag, they shouldn't be on 4chan at all, go somewhere else if you want that". I'm not sure if a /celeb/ board would become large enough to be a constant irritant, but I suspect so on principle.
>>
>>17300106
But japanese celebrity worship is!
>>
>>17300110
Yes, because otakus worship idols. It's really really simple.
>>
Once again the retards that inhabit modern /jp/ focus obsessively on trying to kick people more otaku than them out of /jp/ instead of focusing on anything that matters.

This is why you will never get /jpg/. You are posting in the board you deserve.
>>
>>17300108
>The problem with containment boards for niche subjects is that when you give people a dedicated board for something, they fill it. More people even start showing up
Sounds like a win-win situation for them, a board dedicated to their topic attacting people interested to discussing it, rather than circlejerking in generals.
>and for those people, that thing is part of 4chan culture: look, they even have their own board!
You act as if that isn't already the case with dozens of "non-weeb" boards like /pol/ or /tv/ giving the normalfags every reason to do already that.
>>
File: i.imgur.com_YH6HpQX.jpg (125KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
i.imgur.com_YH6HpQX.jpg
125KB, 900x1200px
>>17298995
Moderation, the catalog, time and we no longer have the personalities like the old days. Sure, people didn't like tripfags but they were the heart of old /jp/...

>>17300066
I'll a stop posting idol stuff when there are no more 2hu roleplaying threads.
>>
>>17300144
What do you want to see on the Touhou board then?
>>
>>17300144
There won't be if idolfags keep making new spinoff threads every time they have a minor argument about some subgroup of their overgroups. Fucking condense that shit into akb, hello project, and "the others".
>>
>>17300160
discussion of touhou project and touhou project derivative work of quality noticeably higher than "wch 2hu fuk"

when the alleged super retards in the idol threads manage to have more coherent topical discussion than you you should seriously start reevaluating your posting
>>
>>17300164
As an idolfag, I sort of agree with that. AKB, H!P, and alt generals are all we need.

The "Sakamichi general" that recently popped up in particular is a disgrace. There really is no need for it to exist.
>>
>>17300144
>idolfag says tripfags were the heart of old /jp/

A stunning example of why idolfags are subhuman
>>
>>17300160
Shit, I don't know... can't you guys come up with something less retarded? Of the boards I frequent the worst threads reside right here on /jp/, and they're always those stupid "<insert 2hu> asks something dumb" content-less dump/nonsense threads.

Your complaints about board quality don't have much of an impact when you're the worst offenders.

>>17300190
We had a real small town vibe going on back then, that's all I was getting at.
>>
>>17300190
who are you quoting?
>>
>>17300190
>idolfag says tripfags were the heart of old /jp/
The "good ol' days" shitposters say that too though...
>>
>>17300181
>>17300210
Might as well make it a textboard then
>>
>>17300210
die crossboarder
>>
>>17300181
>the alleged super retards in the idol threads manage to have more coherent topical discussion than you
All they post is "wch bbmetal fuk" and then complain when a mod deletes all the posts that aren't the right answer and bans them.
>>
>>17300227
I've been on 4chan since the very beginning... so of course I frequent other boards.
>>
Oh please. I agree Touhou RP threads are bad but don"t pretend idol threads are any better, it's the same type of contentless "I wanna smell her butt" posts
>>
>>17300219
They're complete shitters too

The only acceptable tripfags were the ones that uploaded comiket content every year.
>>
>>17300032
>What's the difference between idols and the celebrity worship that normalfags do? That one is Japanese and the other isn't?
Pretty much
>>
At least we don't have 20 "would you suck my cock y/n" threads a day anymore
>>
>>17300217
That's literally quoted text but with``idolfag say''
>>
Here's my bet : This thread is going to be nuked. And this is unironically relevant.
>>
>>17300253
It is known
>>
>>17299190
Please god don't let that one poster be me.
>>
>>17299648
underrated post
>>
I don't mind 2D idols but 3D idol culture is one of the most disgusting cultures there are. And I'm the kind of person who whenever someone goes "a bloo bloo idols should be allowed to do whatever they want they should be able to slut up and have 10 boyfriends if they want to a bloo bloo bloo she didn't deserve to have her career ruined because she wanted to find love" I tell them to fuck off and that they knew what they were getting into and that if they broke the rules they are reaping what they sowed and have no one to blame but themselves.
>>
>>17300360

she didn't cheat on you. she went on a date with her boyfriend.
>>
A dedicated Paizuri board is the answer.
>>
Was 2012 the golden age?
>>
>>17300144
If I wanted to keep up with some loser's life every day I'd be posting on a forum instead. Tripfag blogging was always terrible and the fact that people look at it with rose-colored glasses is sickening.

4chan is never "as good" as it was when you found it and the state of 4chan now vs 4chan 5 years ago is no different. It's the same as complaining that 2012 4chan was shit compared to 2007.
>>
>>17300700
Pre-2011 was the golden age
>>
>>17300703
>I'd be posting on a forum instead
Those are even more dead than 4chan, aren't they?

>4chan is never "as good" as it was when you found it
In the sense that it deteriorated, yes. The whole internet deteriorated around 2005-7 though, when it became flooded by the idiot masses. And not just like the waves of eternal newfaggots before, but it was when the internet became omnipresent like TV and not just a niche thing. When it stopped being "the web".
>>
>>17300275
Don't worry. It'll be me.
>>
Touhou "RP" threads aren't even RP they're just cuteposting
>>
>>17300017
Yes and you've been bringing trashy drama and attracting toxic retards who ruin the board for everybody else since the beginning as well. Half the idol threads in 2008 were begging for raids and links to offsite drama.
>>
>>17298995
sage was made non-visible
>>
>>17300700

No, nothing past 2009 has been anything but terrible. The fact that as many as 6000 people could stand 2012 /jp/ is honestly baffling to me.
>>
>>17300703
>I'd be posting on a forum instead
When the catalog was officially added, 4chan essentially became a forum anyway. Instead of all users interacting with each other as threads moved on and off the front page we're now all sectioned off and rarely (if ever) interact anymore.

As convenient as the catalog is, it was really detrimental to what 4chan used to be.
>>
>>17300700
2012 was literally the opposite of a golden age

It was honestly the lowest point in time for this board. /jp/ was its shittiest in 2012
>>
>>17298995
I'd imagine it's partially because there are more places to discuss /jp/ stuff nowadays, i.e. /vg/'s VN general.
>>
mods limited what could be posted on /jp/
>>
>>17300700
>Was 2012 the golden age?

More like the beginning of the End. /jp/ peaked with Umineko and Melt Blood
>>
Touhou was a mistake
>>
/jp/ Lost activity because mods/janitors pandered to a fringe loud minority
>>
>>17303590
>pandered to
and the opposite spectrum is spammers and avatarfag bloggers
i'm glad the /o/ tripfags and normies finally got bored of this place
>>
>>17300362
This isn't Kpop.
>>
>>17300017
once upon a time you condensed your fucking threads

and we still wanted you to leave
>>
>>17303738
>normies

/jp/ died when it glorified being NEET, socially awkward and autistic
>>
>>17303992
It's not about glorifying being a NEET, it's about accepting it and not making it a big deal.

Normalfags come in here and whine and blog about "uhhh man i haven't showered in like A WHOLE DAY, guys i slept in till like noon is something wrong with me, tfwnogf i havent been laid in like three weeks am i no good, I wanna get into this anime thing but i'm afraid of my reputation with my friends"
GEE WHO FUCKING CARES
>>
>>17304307
>it's about accepting it and not making it a big deal.

Tell that to the so called NEETS who spammed /jp/ with anzu threads telling everyone how their way of life is the only correct way to be

Zun!bar and friends were huge normies but they had more otaku culture/humor in their pinky finger than most of 2010- /jp/
>>
>>17304307
Sounds like /r9k/.
>>
It died when visible sage died too.
>>
>>17304307
If you accept it, then there's no need for you to talk about it. I accept the fact that I eat breakfast but I don't feel the need to tell everyone all about it.

The original NEET culture in /jp/, once you stripped out the NEET pride worldwide, was mostly people struggling with life anyway.
>>
>>17304353
Let's hope Hiro fixes it. Maybe try making a thread on >>>/qa/ about it?
>>
>>17300687
Would Sumata be allowed in there?
>>
File: 1461962163799.jpg (936KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461962163799.jpg
936KB, 1000x1000px
>>17300687
/tp/ - Titpussy

I approve.
>>
>>17304394
We already have /e/
>>
>>17300121
Otakus vote though.
>>
i cant leave
>>
>>17303194
I don't get it. I'm guilty of rarely ever looking past the front page back in days past and even now really. Whenever I open the catalog to see something, I see way more threads than I would have seen in the past. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just see generals all over the front page and not even bother browsing. The ability to noko and auto update threads without leaving them every time you posted probably did more to help people stay isolated in threads. I'd probably adjust the catalog so that it only showed images though.

Also "forum" users interact with each others across threads. In fact, the problem with them is because they interact across threads all over the "forums", you get personalities with huge post counts and large amounts of positive reputation points that people form cults around, people who get negative reputation, people who are ignored because they haven't been around as long as some other poster, and people who get singled out or banned for their opinions. 4chan and the like are different from "forums" almost solely because you don't have that kind of identity applied to each post you make.
What sort of idea do you have of "forums" where people stay sectioned off from each other in individual threads? It's more like a natural occurrence of these types of boards due to people wishing they had a whole board for their niche subject.
>>
>>17303992
That holds true for pretty much every board about Japanese media.
>>
old users /pol/ flight like every other board
>>
>>17299022
im a new user to /jp/
all these years on other boards but you bastards finally got me
>>
/jp/ is reclining
>>
good to know all my years of playing the culture police have paid off. sage for metathread
>>
>>17305473
Ironically, it is that very trait which attracted me here. I'm also new. I can't imagine I'll be welcome here, but I'm sick of the fast paced boards and their increasingly generalized board cultures resulting from the recent, massive influx of newfriends. I like anime, am an almost complete social, personal, and financial failure off of the internet, and am generally interested in Japanese culture, language, and society. So for these reasons I find /jp/'s highly defensive and insular board culture appealing.
>>
>>17298995
2011-2014 was like a weeb renaissance where being a weeb was cool and underground.

Then /pol/ happened.
>>
>>17307122
And 4chan went to shit. Moot should have on the last day running the place permabanned em all as a last laugh.
>>
>>17304942
Its not
>>
>>17307077
Your ideal /jp/ is the only small group of who could out special snowflake each other?

Nu/jp/ is pseudo-insular because of heavy moderation. It's not like late 00s /jp/ where the board had no mods but was still self-sufficient enough to ward off shttposter from /v/ that posted nuclear attack threads

Seriously, trainspottinn and tea drinking threads??? The melty tripfriend would have ridiculed people like you to death
>>
>>17300087
Only in a superficial way. Undertale takes far more from its western indie kin, internet based counter culture and Earthbound than it ever did from the doujin scene.
>>
Remove generals and place them on a /jg/ Japanese Generals board. There is no downside to this as general users rarely go outside their threads in the first place. Warn/ban for psuedo-ERP on /jp/. Reinstate visible sage. Janitors should actually be sourced from /jp/ and not from a general or another board
>>
>>17309048
>Janitors should actually be sourced from /jp/ and not from a general or another board
Probably a bad idea. Jaypees are probably more harsh than current moderation. Certain ones would probably give a free pass to spam threads too because they're "/jp/ history" or something.

/jp/ should be left as it is and a new board made. Something just for net culture, net games(be they mmorpgs, KanCer or mobileshit), doujin culture(as in events and music, but probably excluding even doujin eromanga outside the context of some other thing like the events or as part of some series discussion like Touhou, and pic dumps), doujin games, VNs(period), erogames in general, and whatever niche Japanese games like idolmaster.(raising/management sims?). Everything else excluded. No sub/dub/EOP shitposting allowed. No "generals" allowed. Nicovideo/MMD/that homo shit might be borderline grey area topics. No discussion of Japanese language allowed outside of being related to working on translating something.

Neet, 3D stuff, even figs and dolls can stay on old/jp/.
>>
>>17309526
>probably excluding even doujin eromanga and pic dumps of artists/themes
Just to clarify that messy sentence.
>>
>>17309526

Why would KanColle and other mobage cancer go to the new board for good things instead of staying in the idol containment shithole? That makes no sense. If you're not quarantining the garbage then what is the purpose of the proposed split? To make everyone more unhappy than they already are?
>>
I haven't posted in a few years.

Nothing new/exciting is coming in terms of anime/eroge. The good stuff is kinda fujoshi/normalfag-ish so the otaku element has been diluted.
Otaku culture is basically dead anyway, Akiba has no vibe anymore - just tourists late to the party. Comike and wonfes are full of people play acting at being otaku because they think it's the way otaku 'should' act.
Get everything from amazon anyway
All the good denpa artists stopped making music and disbanded, no reason to go to lives anymore.
Nakano is still good but it's the same old nostalgia trip everytime and I'm desperate for something new.

meanwhile on 4chan, /jp/ just stopped being fun - got swamped by 'board culture' types
moot left and took a part of the original soul of 4chan with him
don't really trust hiroyuki because of 2ch stuff but he's also not active enough to make it fun
whole place has become some weird political hideout, like the worst days of chanology but this time with real-world ramifications

The party is over basically. 4chan isn't the same place it used to be, it doesn't really represent internet culture anymore. Otaku culture has been dying over the past 8 years or so anyway, Akiba hasn't had the same vibe since the massacre and nothing has really been big enough to properly stir up enough mass otaku interest to actively change the atmosphere and scene. The 2020 olympics are coming soon and will probably commercialize more of akiba so I don't expect change until after then and something big hits the scene.
>>
Otaku culture is a 90's thing. PC-98, "vaporwave" vibe, dirty Hikkis, Dial-up internt, IRC, these things.
Here in the west it lived until Lucky Star/Haruhi begin air.

Now it's the fast internet, Political correctness, meme era. Anything too easy, too easy to become a japan-lover... The romantic age is over...
>>
>>17309782
>>17309819
Looks like I was born in the wrong generation!
>>
>>17309837

You weren't. Otaku culture has been going since the 70s and has morphed since then. At the moment it's just exhausted itself and will go through a rebirth at somepoint. It's gone through generations and it will again, it just needs something to define it. Maybe it'll be 3D, CGI, VR....AI anime created by robots or something totally different, whatever it is it just needs to be good and it'll need to be bigger than just 1 popular anime/franchise.

If you want to relive the old days constantly you can go to Nakano Broadway every weekend but eventually it'll get boring and you'll thirst for something new.
>>
>>17309819
>Otaku culture is a 90's thing. PC-98, "vaporwave" vibe, dirty Hikkis, Dial-up internt, IRC, these things.

That's a rose-tinted retrospective aesthetic spanning a few decades, not actual otaku culture.
>>
File: ZWms9KFqcH4.jpg (67KB, 1023x702px) Image search: [Google]
ZWms9KFqcH4.jpg
67KB, 1023x702px
>>17309873
What is then? I don't know why but those concepts pop in my mind when I think about "otaku" and "Japan".
>>
>>17304307
>It's not about glorifying being a NEET, it's about accepting it and not making it a big deal.
It WAS a "big deal" and you idiots made it so by glorifying idiot tripfags and their daily drama and blogs, as well as continuing to pine for "NEET threads" which were just generals before threads were called "generals"
>>
>>17309873

Otaku culture is the culture that surrounds otaku; or the west thinks of as 'otaku' in the broadest sense: anime/game/manga/idol etc. otaku.

Engrossing yourself in your hobbies and engaging in the activities that supplement them - in most of our cases, going to akihabara to buy anime, manga, charagoods, games, PC etc. Going to comic market, wonfes, harucity, TGS or whatever your bag is.

You've listed vague concepts based mainly around 90s tech (except vaporwave, which is a retrospective 80s aesthetic thing). Using IRC on 56k and fearing going outside doesn't have anything to do with being otaku.
>>
>>17309911

Aimed at: >>17309896
>>
I enjoy improving my Japanese by reading VNs. That's the only reason I come to /jp/.

I fuck plenty of girls on a consistent basis so this idol nonsense is lost on me.
>>
>>17309910
Others may have, but I still think those were irredeemable cancer and i'm glad they got booted too. Shame about the rest of the spam.
>>
>>17309583
>Why would KanColle and other mobage cancer go to the new board for good things instead of staying in the idol containment shithole?
Why not? It's 2D, it's otaku shit, it's not idol shit, it's a game that's not a real game of the type that would be on /v/. "I don't like this" doesn't make something not on topic. (This is why a janitor from /jp/ proper would be bad.) They're just an extension of the -tan moe anthropomorphism fad, like nijura maids, OS-tans or whatever.

old jp would be left to all the idolshit, generals, dolls and kigs and figs, random youtuber shit, tv, movies, light novels and people asking for help with Japanese.

Seriously though of all the shit on /jp/, KanColle cannot possibly be the thing ruining your experience. And even if it is, the general itself wouldn't be allowed due to being a general. I don't see he problem with discussing it or posting fan comics of the characters or whatever.

>the new board for good things
good things = freedom from non-virtual things and insular subcommunities. I couldn't give fuck all about whatever nitpicks you'd have about the rest.
>>
>>17310257

>Seriously though of all the shit on /jp/, KanColle cannot possibly be the thing ruining your experience.

It's by far the worst thing on the good side of your proposed split, so in this hypothetical future it would be. Mobage cancer cannot be allowed anywhere. If it's just imagedumps and nothing whatsoever related to `````gameplay''''' then I'm less opposed, but I still think they should be stuck with the 3D shitters. They'd probably be happier that way too if they get to keep their general.

>And even if it is, the general itself wouldn't be allowed due to being a general. I don't see he problem with discussing it or posting fan comics of the characters or whatever.

This would make things worse, not better. In a world where generals of any kind are disallowed but KanColle spam is allowed, can you imagine how bad that would get? Foundational /jp/ culture that belongs here and should be grandfathered through a general ban like Elona and Mahjong (and Melty/other doujin fighter netplay if we could bring it back) would be effectively banished by their retard spam no longer contained in a single thread since they're too slow. Well, assuming there are even enough shitposters around post-split to spam anything off the board. Ultimately no segregation or mod regime change is going to bring back the good posters that are gone. Magically remove all the 3D shit and refugee generals from /jp/ right this second and you're left with nothing but extremely slow Touhou imagedumps and like 7 guys discussing VNs. The board is dead and nothing can bring it back.
>>
>>17310488
You're opposed to it because there would be "Shimakaze's ass" threads along with "Byakuren's tits" threads? I don't understand what the problem is. I also don't care, but it's proof of what I said. Don't let /jp/sies become janitors. The only thing allowed will be pasta birds, hoop dogs, flying flans, and whatever general they think is not as bad as the other generals.

My problem with /jp/ is merely all this stuff that is not about cute anime style otaku themed non anime media. The board should be slow and not constant flooding like 2011 era.
>>
>>17299297
This. I sometimes still come here to check out the denpa thread for more music or some random threads, but I can't spend hours a day since there's just nothing for me to post.
>>
File: 1386194890408.jpg (248KB, 1093x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1386194890408.jpg
248KB, 1093x1132px
>>
>>17310943
Did /jp/ invent "that feel when" or "my face when"? I feel like /jp/ is responsible for proliferating it.
>>
>>17298995
2012 was awful, the worst I can remember. I very much prefer current /jp/. Things have settled down now again.
>>
>>17311016
lol doubtful
>>
>>17311016
/jp/ often gets credit for >tfw no gf
but not those two
>>
>>17310943
What's the problem with the train station? There was a time when /jp/ was looking at all sorts of webcameras in Japan but that train station just ended up being one of the ones left over. Train otaku are like also the second most otaku otaku.
>>
>>17311035
"tfw no gf" is a subset of "that feel when" is it not? If not the originator.
>>
>>17311038
The earliest occurrence of ``tfw no gf'' was on /jp/. However, for this to be understood, ``tfw'' must have predated this post. It is unknown where ``that feel when'' originated. At least, that's my understanding.
>>
>>17311047
tfw must have become a thing around 2010 or so. So what's going on with the archive here? https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S184552#p186429

It's obviously a moot post, but the date is wrong, the name is wrong, and it's linking to the wrong posts. Was it archived under the wrong board when it was originally a post on /a/?
>>
>>17311047
Looking back, it seems to be older than the split. Just how the hell old is that "I know that feel" thing?
>>
>>17311059
Have you checked usenet?
>>
>>17311059
>>17311054
hmm so it's some phantom post? Pretty curious.
>>
>>17311047
>>17311054
>>17311059
tfw no gf comes from krautchan, you noobs
>>
>>17310314
>bring back tokiko and sudo and uncle mugen
No thank you
>>
>>17311072
I don't really know why you are linking to me, I am not arguing anything about its origin. Only pointing out that the archive has a weird glitch that contains "tfw" on a post that is supposedly from 2008 but isn't actually.
>>
There's another weird post when I looked up "mfw"
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S215924#p216234
Also "my face when" really is that old and older. THe abberviations and greentext >mfw and >tfw seems to be from 2010 as >>17311054 said

>>17311074
Mugen already started posting again anyway
>>
>>17311084
I know, he must be the faggot with needless ellipses in his sentences.
>>
>>17311084
Okay, now it makes sense.

It's a misplaced/copied post from a /cgl/ thread from 2012.
https://warosu.org/cgl/thread/S6476667#p6476667

Same with >>17311054. Notice it mentions cosplay. https://warosu.org/cgl/thread/S6446214#p6447069
>>
It's funny how the old "Japan/General" name would fit so much better now. Just add an s at the end.
>>
>>17311072
Following this up because searching around is fun.

tfw definitely does originate from krautchan, but that feel when no gf or tfw no gf? I know there is this https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S6175877#p6175887 but there is also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_9pUJwg7TI

Not sure what counts more, probably the krautchan one despite not being the exact phrase since it shows that the combination of "that feel" and "girlfriend" was popular enough that someone would include it in their lyrics. Does definitive proof that it was first exist? It doesn't matter to me, but I am curious to know if it's more than just a likely truth.
>>
>>17311155
Whats the solution to generals anyway? How do you talk about an ongoing series or flavor of the month game without making a general?
>>
File: nervous prince.jpg (199KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nervous prince.jpg
199KB, 800x800px
>>17311084
>2010
>old
... I've been here too long.
>>
>>17311199
I've been here since 2004. 2010 is old. It's 2017. It's been more time since 2010 than 2010 has since 2004. I can't believe this shit has been going on for nearly 10 years.
>"my face when" really is that old and older.
refers to it being before the split btw. There's actually people saying it in real posts from 2008.

Speaking of being here too long though, I watched this again yesterday by chance and was filled with immense unbearable sadness. http://www.4chan.org/flash?file=4chancity-craptastrophe.swf&title=4chan+City:+CRAPTASTROPHE

One day Hiro's going to realize the flash archive page exists and delete it.
>>
>>17311225
>http://www.4chan.org/flash?file=4chancity-craptastrophe.swf&title=4chan+City:+CRAPTASTROPHE
I'm embarrassed that that is what brought me to 4chan originally. I wanted to be privy to the jokes and I ended up just staying.
>>
It seems this conversation about the origin is not a new one. https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S6643459#p6643640
>>
those dreamlike days ;_;
>>
>>17311260
and this is the first instance of "that feel when" on /jp/ that I could find https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S5072729#p5073504

Then it is not used again until the mentioned poster in >>17311260 tries to force it https://warosu.org/jp/image/tz5VnZ8ANrN5jXitiFg7Fg

more discussion on its origin: https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S6681491#p6681550

I think it is safe to say that although "that feel" has surprisingly early posts about it, it did not originate on /jp/ but probably krautchan.
>>
This is still extremely relevant http://www.4chan.org/flash?file=complaining.swf&title=Complaining

>>17311236
So many things are just in jokes it makes me wonder if you ever really truly got any more than the gist of them, but at the same time a lot of jokes were just dumb images or spam or annoying things that happened. I'm not really sure what about /b/ style humor stopped happening. /v/ style humor I get because people started taking the "funny faces" from the comics and using them as reaction faces, but it seems like silly photoshops and the like are rare now. It's probably while I like the marisa face smudge tool things and the dinosaur ohayous so much.
>>
2010 was, and will always be, just yesterday, so nothing from 2010 can ever be old, which means that it cannot be good either.
>>
Death of /jp/
I never got to experience /jp/ golden age, now I'm left here with its dying husk.
See you guys in Gensokyo.
>>
>>17311336
Remembering the "good ol days" or "golden age" and being depressed about /jp/'s current state has nearly always existed. Keep that in mind and take it easy! Make new /jp/ heritage and have fun. It's not worth being sad about, you'll be back here a few years from now anyway being sad no one posts your favorite 2017 meme anymore.

https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S1624866 and https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S1781811 for two quick examples. You can easily find many, many more.
>>
File: 10.png (153KB, 1185x600px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
153KB, 1185x600px
So I just finished fixing up this image and modernizing it.

Where do you guys place on it?
>>
>>17311514
Oldfag
Never mind that my first board was on /a/ during the first seaon of strike wiches
>>
>>17311514
Newfag of 10 years.
>>
>>17311514
>tfw oldfag but I was the one who forced the (5th face) meme in the tricked face era
no regrets
>>
>>17311514
cancer by 1 month
>>
>>17311169
By not making it a general? Generals don't have an actual heading, it's just a "talk about whatever".

While actual threads are lead by the OP post, which gives it a heading.

It steers the discussion in a certain way and once the debate is dead, so is the thread. Then another thread pops up with a different heading. And so forth.

The thread you are in is a good example of this. The heading here is "why is jp deteriorating?" This entire thread spins around this.
>>
File: 1226938489345s[1].jpg (9KB, 251x169px) Image search: [Google]
1226938489345s[1].jpg
9KB, 251x169px
>>17311397
What is the story about this pic?
>>
>>17312147
A lot of anti-general posters seem to miss this. They don't realize the importance of the OP and think that any thread that backlinks or is made right after the last one dies is a general. But it's right there in the name: general thread. They have no real topic, just a general theme. You can't have too much meaningful conversation with no specific topic. It's the equivalent of those fifty-thousand-page megathreads they used to have on forums back before the internet died.
>>
The problem with /jp/ is that the board became more and more obsolete as time went by

Ironically, most of the original /jp/ culture/userbase went back to /a/
>>
>>17311514

original, joined when it was anime/cute which I think was oct 2003ish.

only lurk /vp/ now when it's leak season and /v/ for E3 because it makes me laugh, never really go on 4chan aside from that.
>>
>>17307819
eh you can find 2008 jp threads on warosu, the board was a tripfag circlejerk
>>
>>17309856
>.AI anime created by robots
They already are.
>>
>>17313049
I thought jaypee hated anime.
>>
>>17313243
>the board was a tripfag circlejerk

They hurt nobody

>>17313285
/jp/ had anime discussions
>>
File: 1496474690828.png (583KB, 1171x513px) Image search: [Google]
1496474690828.png
583KB, 1171x513px
>>17313285
>>
File: 1498119029420.png (576KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1498119029420.png
576KB, 680x680px
What are some other anime/japanese entertainment discussion centric western websites which arent filled with literal kids and only discuss a few popular shonen?
>>
File: namefags.png (374KB, 871x3701px) Image search: [Google]
namefags.png
374KB, 871x3701px
>>17313243
Anonymity wasn't always the norm, it became the norm when people used this as an outlet to be a little turd.
>>
>>17313589
So early on all the namefags are probably leakover from the forum setup of something awful.
>>
>>17313589
fuck sake are you implying tripshitters were better?
>>
>>17313628
At least I have the option to filter the annoying ones, whereas i'll never get the option to filter you.
>>
>>17313628
ya
>>
>>17312183
I don't actually hate generals because I hate the abstract concept of a general, although I'm not very fond of it either. I hate generals because although ok in theory, they inevitably turn into pieces of shit clogging up the board in practice.
>>
>>17313049
or /qa/
>>
>>17312147
>The heading here is "why is jp deteriorating?"
I'll tell you a secret: all /jp/ metathreads are exactly the same. If you want to have a discussion about something specific it's entirely possible for you to have that discussion in a general thread. People do it all the time.

>>17313712
If you think /qa/ today resembles in any way the /jp/ culture or userbase from nine years ago you are a lost cause.
>>
>>17313712
I thought that was /ota/.
It is uncharacteristic of jaypee to raid.
>>
>>17309985
If idols were gone, then /jp/ would have 99% less generals
>>
>>17298995
Almost 5k anons died in just five yeears! The "see you in Gensokyo" meme was just a ruse you silly bunnies!! RIP
>>
It's all /pol/'s fault. Ever since /pol/ was started people left this board. /pol/ ruined 4chan for all us 4channers and Redditors everywhere.
>>
>>17313915
I unironically believe this. /pol/ was nothing but pure cancer that killed this site faster than any known strain.
>>
>>17313931
It was bait, this site was lost since Reddit got popular in 2012.
First the Redditors came (and /soc/ was created) and then they swarmed to /fit/, then to /co/ and then /v/ where it became big. Then it swarmed to /a/ and /pol/.

Now redditors are everywhere. especially since /pol/ pissed them off and every single SJW from every corner of the web wants to pick a fight with this site. Hopefully we can find a way to pin ebaums on this.
>>
>>17313915
>Ever since /pol/ was started
You think /pol/ is some recent thing?

/pol/ is just a virus that started from old /b/ and /news/
>>
I just counted 37 generals. This includes, among other things, 14 idol-type threads, 5 vaguely specific game-related threads, 10 more broad game / other media threads, a few okay threads, and of course the furry thread. I really, really hate that furry thread.
>>
>>17313994
/pol/ and /news/ stayed mostly contained on 4chan until recent years. If I could erase any userbase off this site, it would be them. Bringing /pol/ back was a terrible mistake.
>>
>>17314006
/pol/ literally wasn't a problem till the election though.
>>
File: emolga.png (59KB, 329x325px) Image search: [Google]
emolga.png
59KB, 329x325px
>>17314006
Theyll just move to /int/
>>
>>17298995
The chair reclined too hard, and /jp/ couldn't be bothered enough to get back up.
>>
>>17309048
>just make a /_g/ board
And then you realize that you're making an entire new board for 10 threads at maximum. Great job dude.
But not only that, you're also making it so there's no need to visit the original board anymore, since the general one will always have a thread for everything you could talk about on it. That board also won't do anything to separate the "cancer" from the decent posters, it will outright completely kill the original board and encourage it to become yet another /b/ spin-off, exactly like what happened to /v/.
but fuck generals right
>>
>>17314018
I was able to ignore them, but I wouldn't say it wasn't a problem before.
>>17314019
I'm aware that it is too late.
>>
/jp/ - 4chan Discussion
>>
File: pelotudo2_0.png (695KB, 2344x2344px) Image search: [Google]
pelotudo2_0.png
695KB, 2344x2344px
See u in /bant/ otakhoes
>>
>>17313998
Don't forget that moot himself told people to condense their shit, and to not let any one thing in particular dominate the entire board when he made /jp/. Regardless of how much you hate them, generals are as condensed as something can be.
And seriously, for a board as slow as the jay, those threads cause no problem at all. Learn to use the fucking catalog (preferably the good one) to look for threads that interest you, just like Japanese people do - hell, if I recall correctly /jp/ used to yell a lot asking for a catalog function to be added to 4chan. Organized discussion is a good thing, or at the very least it's much better than having shit spill all over the entire board.
>>
>>17314100
>/bant/
Why the fuck did Hiro see the need to make a second /int/
>>
>>17314125
Because /pol/ was too hard to keep on topic now that it is the biggest board on this site
It's being raided by Ylilauta anyways
>>
>>17314045
It's also a thing that almost every other shit meta thread on other boards asks for which should be a good signal that it's a dumb idea and isn't going to happen. Also splintering the userbase is a weird thing to ask for in a thread that starts with "why don't people come here anymore"

It's just the way 4chan is now. I don't think generals are in "the spirit" of what 4chan and anonymous posting were truly supposed to be, but it's just different, not really better or worse than how it was before honestly. In some cases, like the Touhou Gameplay thread, I think it works out just fine, because there's no reason for people to post one-off threads asking for advice on one stage or boss or one-off threads where people can brag about a score when they can just condense it all.
>>
rest in piss jaypee
>>
>>17314188
It's not even dead, just different
>>
>>17314195
things are bound to change, anon. accept it and move on.
>>
>>17313610

Also World2ch back in the day, most people had tripcodes or just unsecured usernames there. I started posting on World2ch because it was linked on 2ch's 'ENGLISH' board back in 2003 and after being there a few months 4chan started up (dramabomb.txt). I went to 4chan a few weeks after it started and never understood what SomethingAwful was and never had any contact with the site, there were a few others who had the exact same path as me too (2ch -> World2ch -> 4chan).
>>
>>17314349
found a better link in Japanese, there isn't an english translated version
https://exhentai.org/g/970431/1d0ae661e3/
>>
>>17314369
to
>>17312181
>>
I like /jp/
>>
>>17314124

>Don't forget that moot himself told people to condense their shit, and to not let any one thing in particular dominate the entire board when he made /jp/

You say that as if anyone should ever give a shit about what moot wants, like he wasn't always public enemy #1 of /jp/. It was fucking moot who forced the idolshit on us because we were just the toxic waste dump to shut up every other board's complaining but what we wanted for our board never meant shit to him. Fuck moot, I hope he gets ass cancer. Touhou and VNs dominating the board wasn't what moot wanted, but it was what we wanted. Well back then there was constant "condense your fucking threads" bitching but I'm speaking with hindsight here knowing the alternative. This wasteland of 3D generals and normalfags from reddit and facebook asking /trv/ /lang/ questions, this is what moot wanted. Having experienced both I know which one I'd choose, but unfortunately I never got a say in and what's gone is never coming back.
>>
everytime I come to this board the threads are about things I have no idea about so I instantly leave
>>
>>17298995
M-maybe they learnt japanese?
>>
File: 1472732103416.gif (763KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472732103416.gif
763KB, 500x281px
>>17314527
bye bye
>>
>>17304394
How much do we have to pay Hiro for this?

>>17304373
You guys can have your own general
>>
>>17314527
I have no idea what they're about either, but I enjoy the discussion nonetheless.
>>
All I'm getting out of this is that everything constantly gets worse as time passes and I should just kill myself alreadu
>>
>>17314525
idols are great
youre just a stupid 2d pedophile
>>
File: reclining.jpg (41KB, 455x500px) Image search: [Google]
reclining.jpg
41KB, 455x500px
I thought that splitting /jp/ into a 2D version and a 3D one could be a nice idea (with the current /jp/ staying as the 2D jay), but then I realized that all those 3D otaku things would need to go on the other board. I don't want a /jp/ without Aniki and Japanese Bird.
Then again, there might be a way to split off idols, JAVs and other 3D things of that level without hurting the core /jp/ stuff but thinking is too much of a bother right now.
>>
>>17314742
nice argumentation, as expected
>>
>>17314917
Splitting idols would be easy. Force them into a board named "Music/Camwhoring"
>>
>>17314917
>>17314926
Maybe making a /3djp/ for those more normal things but specifying that 3D material that's still closely tied to otaku culture should stay here? I guess this would also send the Japanese photo threads there (which I don't mind being here) but Gaki no Tsukai for example would stay in jaypee.
>/jpn/ - Normal Otaku Culture
>>
>>17314952
Just call it /jg/ - Japan/general so we can come full circle.
>>
>>17313700
Well I do hate the abstract concept of generals. Of course the fact that they clog up boards with destructive foreign trash is troubling, but I'm even more appalled that there are even people at all who are so arrogant about their interests that they think they can post an asinine topicless thread, import forum culture, and indefinitely occupy valuable space on a board, and that nobody has the right to complain. If there's currently nothing to talk about in your interest then there's no reason to demand space to talk about it, unless you make an effort to produce something worth talking about. And once you're done talking about that you can either find something else to talk about or just let the thread fucking die.

If it weren't for generals the idolfags would have been kicked off /jp/ to another board, their own board, or offsite long ago, because they would be making terrible threads every two minutes about what color their favorite whore's shit was that hour or how she looked a man in the eyes who needed to be castrated and neither the userbase nor the moderation would be able to stand them. Instead they get their cages on page 1 to hang around in and drive away everybody interested in the actual subject of the board. The very notion of the general thread antagonizes the flow of content and conversation on an image board.
>>
>>17314952
>Maybe making a /3djp/ for those more normal things but specifying that 3D material that's still closely tied to otaku culture should stay here
So, the new board gets variety, drama, and film (spoilers: Gaki no Tsukai is a variety show), while the old board gets to keep all of its idol groups. Wow, sounds like a great way to get exactly what you want.
>>
>>17311514
I'm cancer, as I've always been.
>>
>>17315022
Just an /idl/ for idols would be enough. Gravure and JAV really belong on /s/ and /hc/ respectively, but they would fit there too, and maybe cosplayer circlejerkers too if /cgl/ doesn't want them. Those were consistently some of the worst posters on /jp/ in the past.
>>
>>17305473
Me too. I only started coming here about a year and a half ago. The touhou thing flew under my radar back around when /jp/ was created.
>>
>>17298995
/jp/ became exclusive generals.

and the 3DPD shit needs to fuck off too.
>>
>>17299011
As someone who uses 4chan regularly and just popped into /jp/ for the first time in a year, this.

Last I remember there were tons of homosexual tripfags on here trying to get each other to diddle their assholes and posting queer shit, every single day in every single thread, got too faggoty for me.
>>
>>17315071
Oh that was /jp/'s userbase? They're all in /vg/ now.
>>
>>17314006
/pol/ has gotten so bad that other forums have implemented rules regarding "chaning" to keep the /pol/tards and pepe posters out.

I actually now have some respect of some forums that have mods that give a shit
>>
File: laugh_skeleton.gif (3MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
laugh_skeleton.gif
3MB, 360x270px
Yes, that's it /jp/. Just like that. Let the pessimism consume you. Soon there shall be none left.
>>
>>17311514
Cancer.
I guess it's better than Death.
>>
how many years have we been saying /jp/ is dead anyways
>>
>>17315444
nearly always
/jp/ tradition
>>
>>17315444

nine

we've never been wrong
>>
>>17315120
Pretty certain some of them had those before /pol/ became prevalent, like Spacebattles.
Albeit those rules are super simple to the point where you can't have a post consisting of just a video or an image.
>>
>>17314917
Just put them on /trash/
>>
>>17315541
>Spacebattles
I actually posted a question in their version of /qa/ about why they're so anal about their rules. The jist of their response was posters being given an inch but taking a mile and fucking up their own board culture with /b/ shit at the time. That place has been around since 1996 so I kinda get why they do it. I dont agree with it but I understand.
>>
File: 1494330817087.gif (18KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1494330817087.gif
18KB, 180x180px
>>17311514
Oldfag. Someone called me reddit a while ago for saying that some poster was trolling a thread into oblivion.
>>
>>17299455
otaku culture is always changing anon

will be weird to visit comiket in 20yrs to see how far things have morphed
>>
>>17307077
/jp/ has always been more chilled out and less insular than /a/

the latter being populated by annoying 18yr olds
>>
>>17309782
Akiba is still nowhere near built for tourists

yes you have the english maid cafes and a few tourist shops, but you can still find just as much seedy porn and doujinshi.

Maybe you're right about 2020 though, at least I visited in 2014 when things were still good.
>>
>>17315088
Sorry I think you mean /co/. Common mistake really.
>>
>>17311514
2008 newfag
I just wanted to talk about animu and I never liked the forum format nor the people that frequent them. Thank you to all my oldfriends for teaching me how to shitpost during my first years!
>>
>>17313589
>/l/

it was a better time, weird to think places like the UK didn't care about your fictional cartoon porn back then
>>
>>17309782
wow le doom and gloom everything sucks post

what a revelation
>>
I'm still here. Still saging. You can tell by my blue name.
>>
>>17317425
way to go
>>
The Yukkuris were our lifeblood. We must save them to save ourselves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84fOsLdqDAM

There's a bunch of factors really, but I think generals has hurt this site as a whole. The fact that content was always dynamic and not stagnant means you always had to have some OC that came with your shitposting. It doesn't really help that /jp/ became a trash can for generals other boards don't want. Just like other people said there's just really not anything to post about now. From the anon telling you how to fake autism to game threads(Melty, Mahjong, 2hu fightan) to comiket thread which we barely have anymore, Futaba threads, gachi threads, nico threads, mmo threads, various 2hu threads and etc

I'm probably just bitter about generals because that basically marked the most radical shift in 4chan I've seen and basically dictated modern day 4chan.
>>
>>17317138
And /a/ accuses us of being massively insular.
>>
I haven't visited 4chan regularly for an extended period of time since 2012 and it's kind of surreal to look at /jp/ every once in a while and see the same Touhou image dumps and generals like its been stuck in recursion for years.
>>
>>17314953
Making a board solely for "generals" is a horrible idea, unless you want to see what happened to /v/ and /vg/ take place in here as well, but now with even less content as >>17314045 said.
>>
>>17317662
Generals were born because people found the need to talk about subjects in general, and became popular because other people shared those feelings. There's nothing "anti-4chan" in them, as they're basically just condensed threads, and when one of them turns into shit because of circlejerking, tripfags and whatnot, it's because of the people posting in them, not because of the general format.
By the way, I don't even use any of the so-called generals. I just fail to understand why so many people hate them so much, and especially how some of them believe that deleting or moving them will magically make the board better.
>>
>>17317168

Even now it's a different place from 2014, but Akiba was pretty touristy then too - your standards might just be different. I lived in Akiba between 2000-2001 and 2006-2008. I saw the news break on the massacre when I was literally just a few blocks away. In the late 90s/Early 2000s it was completely different to how it is now. Back then, apart from electronics and anime/game stuff, there was no real reason for people to go to Akihabara so it felt very much like a place almost exclusively for otaku, couple that with the fact that Chuo-Dori was pedestrianized on Sundays the place had a very distinctive atmosphere of fun; cosplayers would do photoshoots, there were a lot mini television and radio studios that would broadcast exclusive local-area shows you could watch with a TV tuner/AM Radio where they would talk about eroge releases and host mini audio-dramas between characters. You never get that local feel from Akihabara anymore because all the spaces either became offices or stores/were bought up by property developers.

Then in 2005, the Tsukuba line opened and Akiba began to get heavy footfall from commuters coming just outside Tokyo; that was the first real nail in the coffin because not only did the place get swamped by strangers, it made property/rent prices in Akihabara jump up and a lot got sold to developers to build offices which caused a lot of the smaller stores and creative studios to either close or move out, that definitely killed the local vibe. The second was the closure of pedestrian paradise after the massacre, once that was done it was all over - Anime had changed a lot by that point too and merchandise/chara-goods were being manufactured way more than they had just a couple of years before. Once it had become an established rule that virtually every new anime release had to be followed up with a flush of goods even before the series had aired it solidified Akihabara as a shopping district, not a community anymore. It might seem hard to believe given the perception of Otaku, but in the 90s/early 2000s none of the non-Otaku residents of Akihabara had a problem with it being an 'Otaku' place, even Shohei elementary school people often forget that.

Regarding the sex shops, they have actually increased in number in recent years but I don't think it has made any difference to tourism. The Japanese government have announced that they want a cleanup of Akiba in time for the olympics, but when you consider places like Amsterdam or even Kabukicho - they get easily as many tourists as Akihabara and are far seedier so I wouldn't use that as a metric.
>>
>>17314045
More than 10 if you include the idol shit that's on here, and more spontaneously generate anyway, such as the Sakamichi general
>>
>>17318698

And a bit about the massacre that I think is important and relates to this - I know the stereotype of otaku in the west is this gloomy Japanese male with a plaid shirt and coke-bottle glasses and that was to some degree true, Akihabara itself was a very jolly place to be. The anti-social stereotype mainly comes from online and it's not that it's incorrect, but it's in contrast to how Akihabara was; kind of like the equivalent of talking to a nerd outside a convention compared to inside a convention - they turn into different people because they're surrounded by people like themselves.

When the massacre happened it cast such a shadow that it felt like the bubble of safety had been burst. A lot of people laid flowers for the victims for a long time after the massacre had happened and maybe this sounds poetic or metaphorical, but I believe that the disproportionate amount of flowers to victims was down to the fact that many people were laying them in memorial of the Akihabara spirit, because it felt like it truly died from then onwards, almost like how 9/11 seemed to abruptly end the vibe of the 90s and force a more serious attitude onto the world. I'm just thinking aloud with this one and saying what I picked up from the whole experience. I moved out of Akiba a few months after that, it wasn't the reason I left but I think I would have done had I not planned to. I never saw any panic or drama or blood or anything like that (just a lot of sirens and traffic), but it's still hard to go back there even now. Pedestrian Paradise re-opened in 2010-2011 I think but it's just not the same.
>>
Honestly the question I gotta ask is- do the various sections of the board really interact? How many people go simultaneously for 2hu, idols, and the smaller groups around VNs and merchandise of lewd and not-lewd natures?

It is kind of a weird mish-mash at the moment of stuff that isn't really related and sometimes I think they should have their own boards. I mean shit we have a board specifically for giant mecha when that seems like in most places that'd be a singular general thread. Boards in and of themselves can generate greater content for a subject but I think right now /jp/ is such a pile of assorted stuff that it's actively harmful to itself.

I kinda think a /celeb/ board would be a good thing, maybe a /2hu/, and perhaps we just leave /jp/ to be mostly about visual novels and Buying Japanese Specialty Goods / Traveling To Japan. Hell even VNs could perhaps use a separate board.
>>
>>17311514
Originalfag according to the chart, but not technically original as I was a few months late and not part of the founding group that migrated from SA with Moot. It was still 4chan.net when I first "discovered" the site, and I'm not sure if I was here for the start of /a/ but I was definitely around when /l/ still existed.

>>17318698
>>17318725
I'm going back to Japan for the first time since '09 in a few weeks, and I'm really interested to see what Akiba is like now. My company's offices are there so I'll definitely spend a bunch of time in the area, and I just hope the magic isn't totally gone.

My first trip was in early '08, and even a year and a half later when I went back there was already a very obvious change in the atmosphere there. It was particularly shocking to me because, while I knew about the attacks, I didn't realize that they'd stopped closing the street because of them and it was a rude awakening when I went down there on a Sunday and found business as usual instead of the cosplay-filled otakufest I'd experienced the previous year.
>>
>old weeb shit from my time is cool
>new weeb shit from your time is lame
You all sound like that South Park episode about Pewdiepie.
>>
>>17298995
Most of /jp/'s original posters are in their very late 20s or early 30s and their parents are likely in their late 50s to early 60s and won't support shut-in NEETS. Life happens.
>>
File: 1499842066865.png (140KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
1499842066865.png
140KB, 700x950px
>>17298995
They moved to /qa/ and /s4s/
>>
>>17318733

Nice! You're actually very similar to me, especially this:

>Originalfag according to the chart, but not technically original as I was a few months late and not part of the founding group that migrated from SA with Moot.

I was from World2ch, I mentioned some of my story earlier in the thread. I was an original /c/ poster in the very early days.

I've never owned a company in Akihabara (In fact, I've never owned a company) but I AM the son of someone who owned a semi-franchise of a company I think most people here will know and ended up working in the famous Akiba branch at one point. I don't know if doxxing is still a thing so I don't really want to share it, but they had a dual presence in the US/Japan in the early 2000s.

I've got an even weirder claim to mild-internet fame as well but I can't prove it myself and it could just be coincidental.

Akihabara isn't great at the moment to be honest; it feels quite clinical and the Radio Store has gone too which is just...the worst, absolute end of an era. As a shopping experience it's enjoyable if you like anime because there's a lot to buy. I know a lot of people ITT are drawing kind of a negative impression out of the posts here but I think it's a positive thing altogether, Akihabara needs to wind-down return to its roots and rebirth itself, it can't stay as a nostalgic place forever, we have Nakano Broadway for that. I'm happy to wait it out and let things just happen naturally as they will once the olympics have been and gone for a while.
>>
>>17318854
I think I can guess which company that was. You guys had a store in LA back in the day, right? I'm still bummed that they closed it right around the time I got a car, so I only got to visit a couple of times.

I'm by no means the owner of anything in Akiba either, but I'm working for a small Anime industry company that's based there and will be running the US branch that we're planning on opening. (Not a retail thing fwiw, we're an "industry service" company that does everything from merchandise development and manufacturing to promotional events to website development and management.)

Amusingly enough I've got a pretty notable "internet fame" thing as well, one that even involves /jp/ to a small degree, and COULD prove it but don't want to dox myself.
>>
>>17318849
Who are these semen demons?
>>
When I visited Akihabara for the first time in 2011, it was part of an ordinary sightseeing trip. At the time, I was not well-versed in the otaku mysteries and felt like I had come to the holy land, despite having heard that much of old Akihabara had already been displaced. I had made my pilgrimage to anime land at last.

By the time of my next visit in 2017, I had long since realized that I had actually just been one of many barbaric tourists who were the cancer that killed Akiba culture. Unfortunately, by that point I really didn't care anymore, and proceeded to degrade myself and the people around me by conducting commercial shopping rituals in broken Japanese, in a search for something that could no longer be found. In the end everything I bought there I could have just as easily have bought online. And yet I'll probably visit again sometime soon anyway.

There's probably parallels there to be made with /jp/ if you wanted to try.
>>
>>17305473
Please do not misuse the surprise box feature, kudasai.
>>
The problems are really low quality 2hu threads and 3D idolshit.

The VN and other niche subject threads seem to be fine when I look at them.
>>
>>17311514

2005 oldfag

i only really visit the eroge thread nowadays, but it is somehow comforting to see there are others who are still around all these years later
>>
>>17298995
>What the frick happened?
They went to Gensokyo. Its as easy as tying a noose.
>>
>>17318849
>all of /jp/'s shitposters moved to the shitposting boards
>/jp/'s activity died as a result
Makes sense. Maybe that's a good thing.
>>
I hate the attitude of people in these threads. This is why the board never gets better -- everyone wants more personality, but no-one is willing post anything that requires more than a modicum of originality, they just want some memefags to appear and put on a show. We are all Anonymous and /jp/ is just an empty space without us. Sure you can blame the janny but maybe if you shitposted better your posts wouldn't get deleted.
>>
>>17320034
The Type-moon era was the pinnacle of creative shitposting, the rest is uninspired garbage.
>>
>>17318783
Bingo!

American culture pretty much states that if you're not in college, military or working then you will get kicked out your parents house after 25. Most of /jp/ posting demographic wer raised by boomer parents who are staunchly anti NEET.
>>
File: large.jpg (13KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
13KB, 500x363px
What happened to Boof-kun?
And Arcueid?
And all the others?
Why was I left behind?
>>
>>17321371

I don't this this sentiment has much basis in reality. 25 is a completely arbitrary number. Those hardline parents tend to be "get the fuck out or pay rent" at 18, I've never heard of any 7-year grace period. Realistically if they put up with their failure of a son for that long it's going to be an indefinite thing unless he pulls some real stupid shit, and they probably have a decent understanding that kicking them out could be tantamount to a death sentence. I think parents becoming unable to support NEETs any longer would be more common than suddenly becoming unwilling. Death, job loss or other financial difficulties, etc.

The ones who could be more normal went for that once they had to (lord knows there was nothing left here worth being a NEET for) and the truNEET failures at life killed themselves or worse.
>>
File: 1500009003408.png (176KB, 550x750px) Image search: [Google]
1500009003408.png
176KB, 550x750px
>>17319715
Now your board-tan interacts with [s4s]'s board-tan for some reason unspecified
>>
/jp/ was consumed by its own pointless elitism. All the things that characterized old /jp/ were declared by shit by people who thought they were above those things, and were replaced by nothing. Memes were shit on for being /v/, translated VNs were being shit on for being translated, Touhou doujinshi was shit on for being secondary garbage.

Willingness to onboard newcomers was replaced by reflexive hostile shitposting. Elitists fortified themselves into general threads because they wanted to talk only with other experts. Casuals fortified themselves into general threads so they would be safe from pointless elitism. Everything that you are, you made yourself.
>>
>>17320484
/jp/'s shitposting is closer to /prog/'s brand (which is quite close to 2005 era /b/), while /a/'s is closer to the new age imagereddit shitposting common to the rest of the main imageboards.

What that basically means is that /a/ shitposts by having a deluge of completely worthless shit, but isn't interesting in the slightest, or simple garbage that gets repeated simply because it is annoying. Example: '>implying, image macros, and other shit that would have been funny in middle school. /prog/'s and, to a lesser much extent, /jp/'s, shitposting consist of having a few different shitpost methods with at least some thought put into their creation (for example, the `How are breasts attractive' thread, which is completely off topic and ridiculous, but is well written and somewhat interesting none-the-less). Ideas are formed on a questionable premise, then expanded upon until it reaches it's absurd logical conclusion. It may also take the form of making a huge deal over a minor detail, or assuming things that are false and writing a long critique based upon that, or making provably impossible demands. Contrary to Standard 4chan Shitpost Model (S4SM), where the intent is to annoy, the intent of our shitposting is to entertain, provoke discussion, or simply as an exercise in writing.

Since the fall of Usenet, w4c style shitposting is currently considered some of the best in the world. Even the great usenet trolls have migrated to /prog/ to bask in the glory of our shitposting. The UN is currently trying to classify /prog/ as a world heritage site, but their action may come too late. W4c shitposting is currently an endangered species, due to invasion by the imagereddits, a dwindling population caused by suicide and incarceration, and moderator action. Some have speculated that moot is trying to kill all forms of shitposting that do not conform to Project Canv.as. So far, the best defense available is to derail stupid imagereddit threads with kopipe and JEWS, as well as giving harmful advice to homework threads. It is considered rude to call a w4c style shitpost in conformance with board standards bad.

It is thought by leading scholars that the reason for the Shitposting Schism was the rapid growth of /b/ due to the media exposure of Chanology, when an influx of underage Digg users caused 4chan to explode. Others claim that the shift happened even before that, during the first influx newfags during 2006. This school of thought holds that the first influx gave rise to the loutish behavior of `raiding' and other bullshit, which was a direct cause of the second major wave. Once /b/ was populated almost completely with underage children, the shitposting culture changed to it's modern form, where it is a competition on who can be the most annoying. The cancerous population then colonized nearly every other board on 4chan that could possibly appeal to it's socially well-adjusted population. Mentifex, an expert in the field, built the Artificial Unintellegence ANDRU to model the thought process of the imageredditors. Despite a few setbacks, the project has largely been a major success.

Since world4ch was not linked to on most boards, and since the average imageredditor ignores anything that isn't a reaction image anyway, the area was left mostly unharmed by the change of shitposting. It remained much more subtle, and resembled machine generated spam less than the imageboard brand. Since /jp/ was at one point full of autistic sexually deviants (a natural pairing for /prog/riders) and were far more computer literate than boards such as /g/ or /b/, they were naturally drawn to programming; /prog/ and /lounge/ (which had a shitposting style slightly different than /prog/, until two retarded children took over the board) was an obvious destination. Since it still wasn't enough of a secret club, they moved off site to places like 4-ch for a few days before returning to /jp/ with a more cultured outlook on shitposting.
>>
>>17323029
Man I appreciate the care you put into replying to me but i'm not gonna read all that bullshit.
>>
>>17323094
That's okay, it's pasta. Good pasta, though.
Maybe it was a clever meta-meta-post about shitposting.
>>
>>17318923

Hah yep, that's the one. I only actually worked in it a few times not long before it closed. My claim to fame isn't as impressive as /jp/ and I can't even prove it really, but the coincidences stack up. It's actually related to the Megatokyo webcomic so it'd probably be better if it wasn't true.

What you mentioned there with your company sounds actually really similar to what happened with us, did you get the job in Japan first or were there plans for the US branch from the get-go?

>>17318937

>There's probably parallels there to be made with /jp/ if you wanted to try.

I'd say there definitely is, but the take-away lesson for both is an open-ended positive one: Content breeds culture. You also shouldn't feel bad or like you've desecrated some kind of holy land, at the end of the day Akihabara is just a plot of land and it's gone through phases of change since the 50s along with the residents, visitors, cultural and technological trends. Whether the big thing is transistor radios, personal computers, Windows 95, the PS2, games like Tokimeki or meet & greet events with idols.

If we try to idealize a golden era from a nostalgia of choice, the best we can hope for is stagnation - and that never creates anything interesting. Anyone with a special interest in Akihabara, anime, eroge etc. as a collective whole helps keep the wheel turning and drives people to create new things. This in turn helps the next era in otaku culture flourish; /jp/ is no different in that respect.
>>
>>17299648
I'm honestly excited
>>
>>17323094
This is why /jp/, rather 4chan, rather the internet on a whole has gone downhill.
>>
>>17324743
it's copypasta, he should already know what it says
>>
File: 1482904609231.png (218KB, 605x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482904609231.png
218KB, 605x480px
>>17323029
Good pasta. Always enjoy reading this.
>>
>>17327442
stale imo
>>
very stale
>>
>>17317138
It's not really surprising that /a/ is a less chilled out place compared to /jp/. It's much more active and thus attracts more normalfags and newfags, it would be even a worse place if they weren't doing so.
>>
/jp/ can't take it easy.
>>
>>17299455
But surely there have got to be places (both online and offline) that are still about non-modern otaku culture like the things you mentioned (doujinshi media and electronics). Where are they? Please tell me.
>>
>>17299954
And it just happened to die now? Has enough time passed so that most of the original users have simply got old enough to not have time/interest anymore? Even /prog/ is on the verge of death lately. There must still be some place, somewhere. I want to experience the warm, fun feeling of browsing old /jp/ again ;_;
>>
File: jp.jpg (62KB, 586x390px) Image search: [Google]
jp.jpg
62KB, 586x390px
>>17332007
These are not easy times anon.
>>
>>17335969
I'd be able to take it easier if you stopped bumping this kuso thread
>>
>>17315015
I completely agree. Generals have no place on imageboards.
>>
>>17335995
I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me.

Rest assured my options field is correctly filled in now.
>>
>>17315015
It also discourages people from making threads about a topic or another. It also discourages people from getting introduced into a topic.

With generals there's no longer: "Oh yeah. I was asking that question too!" or "That sounds interesting. I wonder what he's complaining about." when people scroll past the front page.

Everything is just contained into this stupid cage with "disucssions" barred behind 3000 different generals. Generals in itself are so unsuited to an imageboard it hurts. The only way to enter a general is to already know about its content. Or to read the obligatory pastebins tagged into the OP. But if the topic "Elona General #3mil+2" doesn't catch your interest, you'll never introduce yourself to it.

But maybe if you scroll past the front page and see a picture of the the gameplay and somebody complaining that his pet little girl fell down the well, all because he wanted to wish for a godly bed, you might get intrigued
>>
clearly the board needs to be divided into /to/ for touhou and /jp/ for subhuman scum like idolfags, vnfags and the rest.
>>
>>17336167
Making boards for a single franchise is never a good idea. See /mlp/, since there isn't that much canon material to discuss the board has turned into a waste dump of roleplaying and fanfiction generals
>>
>>17336167

>>17336173
This.
Imagine /a/ only being about Isekai or only about SoL yuri.

It's better to just isolate generals into /jpg/.
>>
>>17335943
Isn't /prog/ dead?
>>
>>17336173
touhou is as big part of imageboard culture as mlp is was, don't see why it wouldn't deserve its own board.
>>
>>17317959
Time is a flat circle and so is earth.
>>
>>17336045
Your complains make no sense at all. Not only is it perfectly possible for someone to still see a post with the usual bizarre Elona incident while scrolling through /jp/ and get interested in the game (both inside the Elona general because it's still a thread which shows the latest 4 posts in the main board, and outside of it because there are no rules forbidding talking about something outside its general), but things have always been like that - if you really don't care about something, you'll shut yourself off to it even if people are talking about it outside its main discussion spot. Just like you and your blind hatred for generals, since you despise them so much that you completely discarded the possibility of a random post made in it attracting someone's attention.
>>
>>17336195
Making an entire board for generals is a much worse idea, you know.
Take a single look at >>>/vg/ and you'll understand why.
>>
>>17336336
Yes. And now imagine all those threads in /v/.
So either isolate them or delete them. Latter will enrage people.
>>
>>17315015
>If there's currently nothing to talk about in your interest
Clearly there must be, or else their threads wouldn't be so active. If any general spends its entire life cycle talking about things that are off-topic to either their subject or the board they reside in, then it's a problem with that general in particular (and as such it deserves punishment), not with all generals as a whole.
Generals can only become a problem because our moderation (and in fact, our population as well) usually isn't committed enough to determine whether they're actually being problematic or not, since that would require effort and dedication. Why don't you take a few minutes off your time seeing if people are behaving properly in any given general, and reporting their posts if they're misconducting?
>>
>>17336331
Replies within a general are definitely different than from a single OP topic. That was my point. Replies within generals are usually mid discussion, so less likely to spark interest. Example: "You can farm wishes in Noyel/Give your pet wings to prevent that."
Also this seething rage you are seeing doesn't exist. I just don't see the point of over 50% of the front page being hidden threads. It beats the point of an anonymous imageboard, especially one already as slow as /jp/.

On that topic: I got into Touhou, because it was spammed back on /a/. With all sorts of different topics. So you were bound to see more than just a single topic/reply. Eventually I caught on that it was a shmup and got interested.
This wouldn't have happened with the same general sticking around, with the same picture and the same OP post.
>>
>>17336379
Do you know the Katawa Shoujo general? I've never been in one, but recently saw that it's STILL active.
What the fuck do they even talk about? It's not like we're still discussing F/SN. And F/SN definitely has more content to discuss than KS.
So would you have it deleted? Or heavily moderated? What should happen to a general like that?
>>
>>17336454
I'm looking at it right now and it seems to be a tripfag circlejerk with some Katawa Shoujo pics (but no game discussion).

There's precedent of the mods getting rid of generals on /vg/ when they got too bad, like the Kerbal Space Program one, or Starcraft 2 more recently.
>>
>>17336454
>Or heavily moderated?

That's what's happening on /jp/. Every warosu fills with hundreds of deleted posts, all coming from the same three generals.
>>
>>17336454
I have no fucking idea either, but if it's still alive more than 3000 threads later, then certainly it means there's still an interest in the series. Even on /vg/ threads can die for good all the time when people truly get tired of talking about something, I've seen it happen a few times just after I got interested in some games.

A possible problem is that because generals are somewhat isolated from the rest of their home board, people who don't frequent them aren't likely to take a look at them, possibly finding rule-breaking posts. And because the communities of generals are often somewhat closed, their residents don't report rule-breaking posts as long as they're within their level of tolerance - which leads to the usual misconceived view the average used has about them, that all of them are just circlejerks without rules that never end where people do nothing but shitpost all day, as they're so rarely moderated. Don't forget that generals are still normal threads as well, despite often having board names.

The best thing you can do if you want to see the truly cancerous generals gone is lurking them yourself and reporting their problems. After enough repeated infractions, there might be a chance that moderation decides to make a stand against that thread, causing them to either stop being cancer or getting banned for good. Asking for anything more than that and you're just being mad at people for liking something you don't.
>>
>>17336555
I don't want them gone though. As example I do use the Elona general thread to get ideas for goals or to see what others are up to or what I might have missed.
I just believe that the general, or others like the Idol ones, simply don't belogn on /jp/ and are actively draining its userbase. We are no longer about sharing random japanese related findings, uploading works we found or creating original content (and/or stale memes). We're literally a general dumpster. And that's not what this board is supposed to be about or is it?
>>
>>17335969
there's no meaning in taking it easy in easy times if you can't take it easy when it's difficult
>>
>>17336576
Why does it need to be a general though? If you want to share ideas post a thread with some ideas in the OP and then ask for more. People will post if they are actually interested in the topic. If a good argument can be made that elona belongs on /jp/ then so be it. What really doesn't belong, on /jp/ or any other board, are threads that explicitly lack a topic, generals.
>>
>>17336349
>Latter will enrage people.
So? Let them get mad.
>>
>>17336495
The kerbal space program one broke every single global rule and started a war with the mods to do that.
>>
>>17336495
>>17337424
What happened? /vg/'s archive doesn't go back far enough.
>>
>>17336045
>>17336732
>If you want to share ideas post a thread with some ideas in the OP and then ask for more. People will post if they are actually interested in the topic.

This only works if your topic is a shitpost though.
"Post Kagerou's tits!"
"Why is KanColle better than Touhou?"
">Her lewdness is a great nightmare.
What did he mean by this?"

Stuff like that meant to get other shitposters posting or people coming to tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>17337514
From what I've heard it was just circlejerking that got really bad, plus a game that yields itself to that sort of almost autistic behavior, plus a few other things.
Then when the mods tried to clean it up the circlejerkers started personally attacking them while mass ban evading using mobiles and spamming all of /vg/
It takes a lot to get their attention.
>>
>>17335969
Yes, they are. /jp/ has it easy right now. I am taking it very easy and you should too.
>>
There's no more dynamic content. With everyone scurried away in generals creating their own cultures and pseudo-chat rooms. There's very little reason to interact with /jp/ the board itself. Most of these generals were just dumped here with the users caring very little about /jp/ itself because /jp/ is a general dumping ground now. We've never really had generals before because people understood the concept of constantly bringing up one topic. While there is nothing inherently wrong with it the users understood and generally crawled into IRC channels after while.

I agree with Moot when he said he should have taken a hard stance against generals instead of trying to make everyone happy.
>>
>>17338480
>We've never really had generals before
Dolls, kigurumi, onahole, and idol threads. Most generals are spinoff idol generals. I don't understand why the onahole thread is allowed anywhere and the kigurumi thread is just a bondage play and tranny worship thread in disguise
>>
>>17336576
>simply don't belogn on /jp/
Why? They focus on a /jp/-related material and stay on-topic often enough. The format of the thread doesn't matter, people use the one they do because they find it more convenient, and that same feeling is shared by everyone who actively uses those threads. You just want people to stop doing something you dislike in hopes that they'll go back to how they used to be in the past, and spoiler: they won't, even if all threads that even try to become generals get banned.
This culture change happened because people found out about something that's very convenient, and started enjoying it. There's nothing wrong with it, and it doesn't make 4chan stop being 4chan.
>>
>>17339585
They should be banned and move on to a general based chan.
>>
>>17339585
>This culture change happened because people found out about something that's very convenient, and started enjoying it.
They found a way to bring circlejerking chatrooms to 4chan filled with nothing but obnoxious crossboarders and redditfags.
>You just want people to stop doing something you dislike in hopes that they'll go back to how they used to be in the past
I just want them to leave.
>>
>>17339736
>crossboarders and redditfags.

Just say /a/ or /v/ or /vg/ posters. That bogeyman site blaming makes you look bad.
>>
>>17339782
Is it really a bogeyman anymore? They literally have a discord chat.
>>
>>17339829
What does discord have to do with reddit and what does reddit have to do with posting? It's just using a site like a bogeyman, like MAL, Gaia, ANN, Tumblr, etc. The "crossboarders" as you call them (and who uses only one 4chan board? If you've only ever been on /jp/ in your entire time, you don't belong on 4chan at all. /jp/ is a board for people banished from older /a/.) are just people who moved or were forcibly moved here and still want to pretend they're in /vg/ or /a/ or /v/ while assuming an air of superiority over /jp/ and being irredeemable autistic trash. What does reddit have to do with anything?

It's also good they have "a" discord. They can begin moving entirely to that as whatever infighting is assuredly going on there causes them to implode. I mean moving to a chatroom to have their chatroom chats is what you want right?

Besides all of that, 4chan itself is a great cancer that has spread over the whole internet; whether people come from some small forum or facebook, they're probably influenced by 4chan anyway and it's just sewage pouring back in on itself.
>>
>>17339736
Because we most definitely never had threads that would be considered generals today before they got popular on /v/. Once we ban generals, 4chan will become good again and all the cancerous posters will leave.
Just to make sure, we should ban all threads as well just in case they're generals in disguise.
>>
>>17340204
Don't you have a furry thread to shitpost in?
>>
I agree with the posters saying we should remove idol generals
>>
Don't worry /jp/ I'll always love you
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.