[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion, what is the single best thing to come out of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: afa.jpg (282KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
afa.jpg
282KB, 1280x720px
In your opinion, what is the single best thing to come out of J-Pop in the past 10 years?

pic related for me it's this song/video
>>
>>14663233
For me, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is nothing special, but Yasutaka Nakata is. I feel it's a shame only the singers get to be remembered, but he gets to stay in their shadows.
>>
File: tsumanne.jpg (12KB, 304x300px) Image search: [Google]
tsumanne.jpg
12KB, 304x300px
>>
>>14663300
i mean the whole thing, the song/video/production/presentation. basically pon pon pon as a gesamtkunstwerk.

i guess you can say that kyary is the vehicle that was needed for both nakata and the dude who did the video to come up with this. or rather, inspiration.

yes, nakata is a genius. especially because all of his stuff, be it capsule, perfume or kyary, was so visionary. he gets a lot of rep though, he isnt in the shadows at all. and i dont think that nakata would have made the same kind of music if he had worked with other girls.
>>
>>14663327
This
>>
>>14663233
>attentionwhore kyary pamyu pamyu
>best thing in j-pop of the past 10 years
>>
That Mememe bitch
>>
Cornelius? Jpop needs more IDM rather than EDM.
>>
This girl is the best thing to happen to J-pop.
>>
File: img_monari_off.png (97KB, 260x276px) Image search: [Google]
img_monari_off.png
97KB, 260x276px
RIP(?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjFKL2fbz4
>>
Perfume's 10th anniversary show at Tokyo Dome
https://youtu.be/NXfrGqFSUUs
>>
File: cover.jpg (234KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
234KB, 945x945px
Pic related, obviously.

>>14663233
Definitely not

>>14663327
I wouldn't class this as Jpop but probably one of the better things to come out of music.
>>
For someone like me who has lost touch on J-Pop/J-rock, I stopped listening around 2007, if I remember correctly.
It was last year when I decided to get in touch with such a genre I thought I despised of in the first place and I blamed myself when I was into Anime back then. But that wasn't the case. I was just afraid of becoming a huge Anime fan but that's another story.

I got into J-Pop because of Anime but it went from one thing to another then beyond. I used to listen to the pillows because of FLCL, I listened to Ayumi Hamasaki because I love her voice, I listened to Utada Hikaru because of Kingdom Hearts. Then the rest like Ai Otsuka, rainbow, Orange Range, T.M. Revolution, L'arc en Ciel, Amuro Namie, Yellow Generation, and other members that I can't think of right now but I'm sure I've listened to a lot.

During my hiatus/absence from the years I stopped listening, I felt like I want to go back and listen to foreign music again and J-Pop was a good start. I didn't want to indulge myself into K-Pop because I still and always will have a special place in my heart for J-Pop/J-Rock. So last year, 2015, I decided to discover some music. I felt like I was back then when I wanted to find more artists. I wanted to listen to more awesome J-Pop music. Pandora was my first choice. I listened to some Ayumi, Utada, and the Pillows. Nostalgia to no end. I forgot how truly wonderful it is to listen to J-Pop. Huge difference between listening to Western stuff and J-Pop.

Then there was this particular song that really jump started my old flame interest of J-Pop. The title was: 1mm by Perfume. The Pandora radio station was supposed to be only Utada Hikaru dedicated but I decided to thumbs up that song and leave it in. So each time it played the song, I liked it more and more. I didn't care what group sang the song until one day when I finally got tired of ignoring, I looked up the group. Listened to their songs and love them so much.

Along the way, I decided to look into AKB48. It was not too long that I found out that this one actress, who I thought was just an actress, is actually an idol. I heard their song Koi Suru Fortune Cookie on Youtube a few time before but I never knew who sang it, let alone the title. So last year was when I found out about the song and discovered AKB48. Binged watched their variety show akbingo and discovered more songs from them and even more that wasn't showcased in the show.

Pretty much Perfume and AKB48 got me into J-Pop again. I wish I discovered them when they started but it's never too late, I guess. I JUST got into listening to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I like her classic single Orange Miracle, is I think the title? I love it. I'll be continuing to listen to J-Pop from here on and I won't stop like I did before.
>>
heavy rotation
>>
>>14670980
no one cares
>>
>>14664577
This girl? http://animatorexpo.com/girl/

I don't think she's that great.
>>
>>14670980
tl;dr
fuck off back to livejournal you autistic faggot
>>
>>14670980
That was actually kinda interesting to read.
>>
>>14673217
Not him, but I think he meant Daoko - the girl who sung MeMeMe and Girl. Her other songs are damn good too
>>
weiponweipoweiponpon
>>
Nippon Egao Hyakkei
>>
Saori@destiny
WORLD WILD 2010

This thread is cringe.
>>
Hyadain is a genius. Kinda wish he got recognized more.
>>
File: perfection.jpg (49KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
49KB, 500x667px
https://youtu.be/MIQMayhQUt4
>>
dandy sakano
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.