[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.citylab.com/commute/2016 /01/japan-keeps-this-def

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

http://www.citylab.com/commute/2016/01/japan-keeps-this-defunct-train-station-running-for-just-one-passenger/423273/?utm_source=SFFB

>For years, there’s only been one passenger waiting at the Kami-Shirataki train station in the northernmost island of Hokkaido, Japan: A high-school girl, on her way to class. The train stops there only twice a day—once to pick up the girl and again to drop her off after the school day is over.

>It sounds like a Hayao Miyazaki film. But according to CCTV News, it was a decision that Japan Railways—the group that operates the country’s railway network—made more than three years ago.

>At that time, ridership at the Kami-Shirataki station had dramatically fallen because of its remote location, and freight service had ended there as well. Japan Railways was getting ready to shut the station down for good—until they noticed that it was still being used every day by the high-schooler. So they decided to keep the station open for her until she graduates. The company’s even adjusted the train’s timetable according to the girl’s schedule. The unnamed girl is expected to graduate this March, which is when the station will finally be closed.
>>
cute

japan really is morally superior to filthy westerners
>>
i imagine she gets gangbanged everyday
>>
>>14599600
debunked.
>>
>>14599737
It was a lie? :-(
>>
>>14600580
Not him, it's not an exact lie but the story has been modified to appeal weeaboos:

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/remote-hokkaido-train-station-stays-open-for-one-high-school-girl-perhaps-not

Which is actually weird since the original source of the news is CCTV and I have no idea why China would want to make Japan look good and with a soul.
>>
>>14599696
By whom?
>>
>>14601427
me
>>
>>14600596
That's a bit of a shame, I like my storybook tales. Oh well.

What happens when Rural Japan dies /jp/?
>>
>>14607081
Something very sad, an old era dies and a new one begins.
>>
>>14613966
Old people die, new people are born. It's not sad.
Everything is always changing.
>>
>>14600596
What this source says isn't much more reliable than what the other source says, to be honest.
>Which is actually weird since the original source of the news is CCTV and I have no idea why China would want to make Japan look good and with a soul.
Because real life isn't as /pol/ describes it and Japan hate on Chinese TV isn't mainstream (and vice versa). There are many Chinese shows where the "japanese devils" are ripped in half by kung fu guys, going by reactions online most Chinese think it's retarded as hell and absolutely ridiculous. There are lots of such shows in the first place not because production teams love that kind of thing but because of the government's idiotic regulation. Also, Japanese games like KoF are extremely popular. etc.

>>14607081
At one point in time there will probably be a move away from the cities back into the countryside. It's supposedly happening slowly in countries like France for example.
The countryside cannot die completely anyway because agriculture is very important even in modern Japan.
>>
>>14614012
>The countryside cannot die completely anyway because agriculture is very important even in modern Japan.
A doubious statement at best. With automatisation and new technologies you getting more and more harvest every new decade. Hence less people have to work here to feed the same ammount of citizens. Agricultural needs won't stop urbanization.
Importing food is also an option.
>>
>>14599600
Absolutely cute.
>>
>>14614036
Food can't be grown everywhere, at least not yet.

Otherwise we'd have probably turned all that useless dead land in africa into something valuable.
>>
>>14614012
>agriculture is very important even in modern Japan
I don't doubt this is true, but it's weird to think about since Japan is so small and has so many trading partners. I guess importing ~100% of a nation's food would be too expensive even if that nation doesn't have a lot of land to farm on.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.