[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am Italian >Hidden in the Fassa Valley, at the foothills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: ital1.jpg (146KB, 480x494px) Image search: [Google]
ital1.jpg
146KB, 480x494px
I am Italian

>Hidden in the Fassa Valley, at the foothills of the Manzori Mountains in the northern Italian region of Trentino, lies a long-forgotten Turkish village called Moena.

>Known also by the name of 'La Turchia' by the locals, its residents are known to be the descendents of Ottoman janissaries who settled in the village in 1683 during the conquest campaign for Vienna.

>A number of Ottoman janissaries had sought refuge in the village after being injured in battle. After receiving medical treatment, many of them married women from the village and settled there. They then became the pride of Moena when they stirred a revolt against the Duchy of Ausburg for taking high taxes from the villagers.

>Despite not being able to speak Turkish today, the villagers loved these janissaries so much that they adopted their Ottoman Turkish culture and continued to pass on these traditions for generations long after their death, and to this day still hang Turkish flags in their streets.

>Moena mayor Riccardo Franceschetti said: "Our grandfathers would tell us the stories of the Turks and we tell these stories to our children with full belief. This is important for us. Turks should come here and see it as a little Turkey."
>>
Trentino? That's almost Austria man
>>
File: 1491839495443.jpg (110KB, 954x734px) Image search: [Google]
1491839495443.jpg
110KB, 954x734px
>>74865361
>>
>>74865506
No
>>
>>74865361
I am Greek.
>>
>>74865582
For a terrone like me it is
>>
File: yearbook-bad-5.jpg (239KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
yearbook-bad-5.jpg
239KB, 500x647px
>>74865361
>it was just 1 turk
>mfw its just another muslim posting with a cuck/interracial fetish
>>
But janissaries weren't even turks were they

Imagine cucking another race so hard their ancestors fly your flag on their own volition even if they don't speak the language or even actually have the culture anymore
>>
>>74866173
Get out you filthy a*strian
>>
File: moena.jpg (159KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
moena.jpg
159KB, 800x600px
>>74865361
Unmistakebly Turkish.
>>
>turks

weren't Janissaries the kids of christian families coming mostly from the balkans though?
>>
>>74866287
That's because "cucking another race" is a purely American fetish. In colonial America, the natives were replaced with the conquerors. In the rest of the world, when a warlord conquered a country, he would execute the local rulers, maybe bribe a few nobles to ensure stability, and force the natives to speak a new language, but the population remained pretty much the same. Moreover, outside Protestant autistic nations, nationalism is not based on genetics but culture and religion. When Greeks and Turks exchanged populations, they did it on religious grounds. The same happened with the Spanish expulsion of Moors and Jews. When Ottomans classified millets, they only asked what god people worshipped, not how ethnically pure their great grandparents were. And so on. Janissaries came from Christian families, however, they were indoctrinated into Islam and Turkish culture and that's how they felt.
>>
>>74865548
Kys filthy gre*k
>>
File: 1489669724305.jpg (92KB, 707x575px) Image search: [Google]
1489669724305.jpg
92KB, 707x575px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions
>>
reminder that janissaries were greeks and slavs
>>
I am Italian
>>
I am Italian
>>
>>74865782
awful post

>>74869967
>>74870321
excellent posts
>>
fuck shitaly

>>74869967
slav subhuman

>>74870321
sandnigger
>>
File: 1494201973216.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1494201973216.png
9KB, 420x420px
>>74870432
>greek
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.