[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1820

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 55

File: .png (354KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
.png
354KB, 1500x750px
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
http://djtguide.neocities.org/

Special /int/ FAQ:
>What's the point of this thread?
For learners of Japanese to come and ask questions and shitpost with other learners. Japanese people learning English can come too I guess.
>Why is it here?
The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
>Why not use the pre-existing Japanese thread?
The cultures are completely different.
>Go back to /a/
There's the door

Last thread:
>>71863903
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 800x720px
i want to learn akita dialect
>>
File: proxy.jpg (86KB, 569x697px) Image search: [Google]
proxy.jpg
86KB, 569x697px
>>
>>71919203
>>
>>71919158
What does an Iranian sound like when speaking Japanese. Curious as to the accent impact. I've heard Americans speaking Japanese and the noticeable American accent, same with Australians.

>>71919249
>>
>>71919249
http://desuarchive.org/int/thread/71333282/#71341085
>>
>longest interval: 22 days
>mature cards: 4

w-what...
>>
>>71919347
人違いだよ、ストーカーさん。creepyとか散々言ってたお前が今まさにcreepyなんだよ。
とっとと寝ろ。
>>
誰か暴れてる・・・
>>
>>71919203
What is the point if you have to hide a few posts?
>>
http://jisho.org/word/%E8%87%AA%E5%88%86

where's the difference between jibun and watashi?
is jibun between watashi and boku? or is jibun a more feminine "boku"?
>>
>>71924961
jibun doesn't mean "I", that's solely a possible translation depeding on the context
>>
>>71925017
but it can still mean "i" right? when would I use jibun over watashi?
>>
>>71925246
Not that I'm in any way qualified to talk about about this, but jibun kindaroad feels more possessive?
kinda like "i" vs "my"

It still depends on the context though.
>>
>>71925246
it's more an "I" as in "myself (in contrast to others)"

or the difference between 私のちんこ and 自分のちんこ
"my dick" vs. "your own dick"

or that you are doing something "yourself" as another example
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 790x673px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 790x673px
i just tried anki.

for some reason i thought it would be like a quiz type program giving me an option to select an answer.

oh well. it's still pretty handy, i guess.
>>
>>71925528
>>71925613
ahhh I think I get it now! Thanks!
>>
>>71926044
>multiple choice
Nothing more horrible for studying than this.
>>
File: 1423565675337.jpg (103KB, 496x620px) Image search: [Google]
1423565675337.jpg
103KB, 496x620px
>>71926044
アニメを観るのはハラムなのか
>>
>>71926068
doesn't necessarily need to be multiple choice, simple "fill in the blank" would be nice.

i have an app on my phone for learning kana that shows the character and you need to type the answer in romaji. only downside is no sound.
>>
>>71926204
is not a Japanese learning tool.
It's a general flashcard program. Can be used for more than languages. Medical students love it.

Besides you can still do what you want.
You just have no automatic rating system so if you want to use it effectively you just have to be honest about rating yourself good or bad.
>>
File: 1475427671620.jpg (68KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1475427671620.jpg
68KB, 668x712px
>>71926322
>if you want to use it effectively you just have to be honest about rating yourself
>>
>>71926204
>simple "fill in the blank" would be nice
You can do that.
https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#cloze-deletion
https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#typinganswers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tYObQ3ocrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrigOzpJQo
>>
>>71926493
iktfb
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
>>71926194
nemitoonam nihongo sohbat konam

>>71926322
i was just going by the djt guide which suggested i start with anki so i did.
most my ratings come out average because i'm horrible at rating myself.
>that wasnt too hard. wasn't easy though.
on all of them.
maybe they'll change up later on since i just started.
i'll most likely use it in combination with something else. probably rosetta stone since it's so popular.

wish there was some kinda vid or sound of a teacher saying a word then translating that i could watch or listen to repeatedly. seems to be the easiest way for me to learn things.
>>
>>71919266
語尾のばし〜の
語尾上げ〜の
れろれ〜ろれろれろれ〜ろ
って巻き舌で言ってる感じ
>>
>probably rosetta stone since it's so popular
just no.

Also, make sure you start with grammar asap and start reading directly after that.

Anki is more like a support rather than the main way of learning japanese.
>>
You've heard many Iranians speaking Japanese? That's pretty cool.
On a side note my younger brother was made to do "lee lo ree ro ra" speech exercises when he was a kid, to help correct a speech impediment. Poor bastard would pronounce "lee" "lo" "ree" "ro" and "ra" like a Japanese native learning English.

>>71926758
>wish there was some kinda vid or sound of a teacher saying a word then translating that i could watch or listen to repeatedly
You can do that with Anki. The Core vocabulary decks linked on the website in the op have audio for words and sentences. With Anki you can hit a button (R, from memory) to repeat audio. It can be repeated over and over again.
I mean, does have to be a person or could you have a Japanese word and a sentence with a translation that has a button to click for audio to be played? That can be done with a pdf and an media player, or even embedded in a local web page and played in the browser.
There are so many solutions which are all far better than Rosetta Stone.
>>
>>71926758
I did Rosetta stone but dropped it after a while, it's not that bad for learning some basic words but that's about it
it teaches you shit about about grammar so at some point it gets too confusing and pointless
>>
Got 52 cards wrong today, when I usually do 30 on a bad day.
Then I remembered they were actually from Custom Study.

Anki almost gave me a heart attack!

>>71925528
Not a question.

>>71926044
Truly bonkers, huh? You'll get used to it.
>>
>>71927523
>lee lo ree ro ra
I'm sure I will never be able to pronounce it.
>>
>>71928852
I've given up on it already
>>
>>71927523
Eh, now you got me reading about different types of speech impairments.
The only one I knew about in English was turning the rhotic R into a W. For instance, "I weally want to stiw some twouble!"

My brother was unable to do the Portuguese/Spanish thrill, so when he was a kid, instead of saying bruxa (witch) he would say "buxa" (bath sponge).
Like this: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MrgeMI0EtA

He eventually learned it the right way.
My cousin, on the other hand, never got past it, so he just uses a throat-produced R (similar to French R) that sounds really weird.
Like this: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MgGYEBWnZU
>>
>>71929355
>My brother was unable to do the Portuguese/Spanish thrill, so when he was a kid, instead of saying bruxa (witch) he would say "buxa" (bath sponge).
Found a shitty old clip on mic and gave that bruxa sound an attempt. The sound quality is bad but hopefully enough to hear it properly.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s035qbbtQiTK
How you rolled those R's was impressive. I'm so glad that Japanese doesn't have that sort of thing to produce proper syllables, etc.
>>
Hey everybody! So today I've seen 「誰も死を阻むことはできね」 used.

Sorry to be bothering you, but why not just 「誰も死を阻めない」 ? I mean, that and what ending is that in できね? I honestly don't know if both these questions should be answered in my books...I at least thus far haven't come across them.

Again, sorry and thank you very much!
>>
>>71930335
Depending on the context, it could infer this usage:
https://djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#%E3%8A%A5%E3%81%93%E3%81%A8%E3%81%AF%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84
https://djt.neocities.org/bunpou/intermediate/Intermediate%E3%81%93%E3%81%A8%E3%81%AF%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84.png
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 360x100px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 360x100px
feels good man
>>
>>71930908
I think you might be right! Man, I really need to start use the resources...this is the second time you've(most likely) helped me by showing me them. Really thanks a lot!
>>
>>71929767
Well, you look in the right way, shouldn't take you long if you were forced to speak a language with it.

And it helps with the rarirurero in Japanese too, since you just have do make a "softer" version of the thrill as a base.

>>71930910
>24 minutes
What the fuck. Takes me an hour to do approximately the same amount. And I rush it.
>>
>>71909445
This is true I suppose. I think it's better to focus on listening first but once you're good at listening it's a lot easier to just say fuck it and stop doing any serious study, capping yourself around N1 level.

That said I think listening + anki helps quite a bit to put you above the people who just do listening, since it means you largely fix the vocabulary problems.
>>
>>71918014
Asuku is so cute uwu
>>
>>71931642
>What the fuck. Takes me an hour to do approximately the same amount. And I rush it.

Because you're probably listening to audio or doing something that wastes a lot of time. 10 cards per minute is pretty normal I think if none of them are new (so you don't have to spend a bunch of time thinking) and you just look at the front and answer or give up quickly.
>>
Can someone give me a /quick rundown/ on 何か?

Like when it is attached before a noun, like 彼が何か食べ物を持ってきたそうだよ。 Is just like saying "some sort of/some kind of (noun)"? Is it informal? Can it ever be insulting?

Thanks for any insight.
>>
>>71931811
> Is just like saying "some sort of/some kind of (noun)"?
yeah
> Is it informal?
No. However, なんか (rather than なにか)

>Can it ever be insulting?
Not really, but なんか can be

なにか comes before noun, なんか after

お前なんか死ね

何かいいものあるのかな
>>
>>71931778
Yeah, maybe it's my giving up time, I don't have one (although I'll mark it hard if I take too long).
>>
>>71931986

Perfect, thanks.
>>
>>71931986
>No. However, なんか (rather than なにか)
*No. However, なんか (rather than なにか) is
>>
>>71930335
誰も阻むことは「できね」
Sounds strange.

誰も阻めない
Normal way of speaking.

誰も阻むことはできない
Bit theatrical.

誰も阻むことはできぬ
Old and theatrical way of speaking. looks suitable for Shakespeare.

誰も阻むことはできねえ
Way of rough men such as Naroto.
>>
>>71919266
What do Canadians sound like?

I've been told by Japanese in Vancouver that we have the clearest accent for English, least slang and least rough/nazely.

Are they even right? I'll never know I guess. What do Canadians speaking Japanese sound like?
>>
How can I remove furigana from Anki example sentences?

I want to remove English too, eventually I want to take out the text entirely and just listen to the audio.
>>
>>71932555
Oh, I see...thank you, kind anon! Well, I should have expected an old-fashioned way of speaking from Malthael... again, thanks!
>>
>>71919158
Look at those tiddies!!!
>>
>>71934164
Here's an idea: use a different font every day.
It'll take just a few seconds to customize the card template with a new font name, and you'll have to do your daily reps in that style.
>>
>>71934164
>I'm having a lot of trouble recognizing kanji outside of my decks.

You probably have trouble with a lot of things at this point.
>>
>>71934360
s-sorry about my dumb post
>>
>>71934360
>>71934462

I like the idea, when I first started I used to think different fonts were different kanji, fucked me up.

I don't know what is meant by change the card template though
>>
>>71934525
Browse > Select your deck > Cards > Change the stuff on the left
>>
>>71925613

jibun is also an informal way of saying "you" in Kansai dialect.

I should really stop watching Gaki no Tsukai, I rarely hear standard speech there.
>>
I understand hajimeru is active and hajimaru is passive, but how do I know wheter it is considered passive or active?
"The year has started", "rain started to fall", "He started to think he was insane"... all of these can be seen both ways in my mind.
>>
>>71934602
Thank you, just changed a bunch of stuff for my cards I never even knew I could do.

>you can flip a deck
That's amazing for writing practice.
>>
Whats the difference between adj+sa and adj+no?
Like 可愛いの and 可愛さ ?
>>
>>71935145
Did you play active parts in those things?

That's what I always ask myself.
>>
File: megueat.gif (2MB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
megueat.gif
2MB, 500x363px
>>71935145
isn't the issue at hand transitive and intransitive verbs?
はじめる takes an object and a subject(X person starts Y thing == XがYをはじめる)
はじまる can only take a subject(X starts ==Xがはじまる)
I might be wrong tho.
>>
>>71935349
Well, in the "he starts to think" example it wouldn't work, as he can either focus on doing that or do it unconsciously.

>>71935430
Ohh, that makes things a bit more manageable.
So, let's see if I get it:

hajiMEru:
- The year starts to pass by;
- The rain begins to fall;
- The man starts to think about...

hajiMAru:
- The year('s passage) starts;
- The rainfall begins;
- The man's thoughts about.... start.

Something like this, yes, I see now. Arigatô.
>>
>>71935176

The few comments I could give on that would be:

- の in this case could be a pronoun, like the cute one, which would be a big distinction.

- as a nominalizer, の has more of a personal and tangible connotation, so if one were to nominalize a more abstract i-adjective, nominalizing it with さ might be a better choice.

- an i-adjective is basically a stand alone verb disguised as an adjective, whereas changing it to the さ form turns it completely into a noun.

As for how they are purely, contextually different as nominalizers, hopefully someone can maybe lend some more insight.
>>
>>71935879
So I would think then either,

>Insane thoughts are starting
or
>He is starting to think insane

They are pretty similar and kind of philosophical so it could be either and you could change your sentence to fit?
>>
>>71935879

Yes it's much easier to just think of transitive/intransitive by the direct object distinction, since there is not always going to be a clean active and passive divide between the two when you are trying to interpret them into English.
>>
>>71936188
Ive read both -sa and -no can be used to turn adjectives into nouns, so what i was wondering is what was the difference between these nouns.
My guess would be something like
no: The noun refers to everything to which the adj applies
sa: the noun refers to "being the adj"
But i honestly have no idea

>> an i-adjective is basically a stand alone verb disguised as an adjective, whereas changing it to the さ form turns it completely into a noun.
I find this a bit confusing. Could you elaborate(mostly on "an i-adjective is basically a stand alone verb ")?
>>
did people say desu kai in the past
>>
>>71936377

Well putting how I did is kind of careless, but an i-adjective always has a copula hidden behind it, so it is a full predicate.

This was weird to me since English is my native language, so seeing sentences like この猫は可愛い (this cat is cute) early on made me want to fit Japanese into a simple English sentence mold by considering the は or が marker to be "is", so word for word it truly would be "this cat is cute". However, the topic marker is only marking the topic and that's it, and only in I think very polite Japanese would they actually say the です at the end of the i-adjective.

So the sentence would really be like "This cat, cute is" in English.
>>
>>71936888
Ive always thought of those state of being sentences as an implicit da so i found it confusing when you mentioned i-adjectives being verb-like(Unless im mistaken na adjectives can also be used in the same way, and i studied i-adjs as being the "real" adjectives and na-adjs the "noun" adjectives, therefore the mention of a "verb" adjective kinda put me off track haha)
I think the best abstract translation would be something like "Cat (is) cute" with the (is) being implicit
>>
>>71937702
>implicit da
この猫は可愛いだ is wrong though you can't have だ after an い-adjective.
>>
>>71937702
>>71937860
That wasn't very clear, the い-adjective acts like a verb in that the meaning of "is" is already in the adjective. Adding です just makes it more formal.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMgS4ORYv4M&index=7&list=PL3E2869B3E8E181AC
Watch these. They're great
>>
Is this correct concerning usage?

「海外」is used mainly to refer to activities abroad, e.g. studying, traveling, living, etc.

「外国」 can also be used in the same sense as 「海外」 but also can refer to things of foreign (i.e. international) nature, e.g. foreign people, language, food, etc.
>>
バンプ
>>
>>71938736
I don't know for sure but I think so, I think the first is overseas and the other relates to more country specific things.
>>
Any help would be appreciated on interpreting this use of the passive (final sentence):

"『海辺のカフカ』には架空のヒット曲が登場する。その曲の中に「不思議なコード」があるという話もおもしろい。奥田民生の'99年のシングル『月を超えろ』の歌詞にも「不思議なコード」という言葉がある。音楽が好きな人間にとっては想像をかきたてられる表現だが、現実には「不思議な和音」などというものは無い。"

The context is the author comparing the works of Haruki Murakami to musician Tamio Okuda songs, and is in this paragraph talking about how Kafka On The Shore and an Okuda single both feature the term "mystery chord".

"音楽が好きな人間にとっては想像をかきたてられる表現だが"

The use of the passive is baffling me a bit, as I get what it is basically saying but I am losing the subject; 表現 is attached with a passive, but it's fucking with my brain since I think it is indirect passive, and I'm having trouble thinking how it would be accurately translated. Thanks for reading.
>>
実はfuckingが言葉が入ると読めない。
>>
>>71924737
Japanese can speak only Japanese.
other country's native people is the same.
the denying it is racism.
A raicist is wrong.
>>
File: .jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>>71943000
>>
>>71943000
Oh god not this guy again.
>>
>>71919347
カタコトだな。
関西弁真似してるけど中途半端です。
>>
>>71943010
w-what?
>>
discrimination of speaking is discrimination.
we often do it to foreigners.
you never speak perfect Japanese language forever.
つまり、自分を差別して欲しい、という意味になる。
>>
>>71942857

すみませんが今にはその言葉が変えれないけど
>>
>>71943304
私が理解できないだけで問題ありません。
>>
proxy troll is meme.
meme can not demand his right at all.
>>
>>71942607
I think it's something like "for people who like music (subject) it's an expression that stirs the imagination, but..."

if you replaced the particle wo with ni you'd get something like the expression that gets stired by the imagination
in general I think he uses the passive like you would use it with 思われる as in it makes you think of something, it's not like someone is actively doing the stirring, it just happens

don't know if that helps
>>
why do we have a general in /jp/ and /int/? which one is better?
>>
I've gone through Tae Kim's guide and now I want to go through the genki books to consolidate what I learned and pick up some new stuff.
I think I remember people here and elsewhere saying the books were no good though, is this true?
>>
>>71944331
Either can be used the same way, but from what I have seen /int/ is better for asking simpler questions or for a beginner to talk in in general. /jp/ on the other hand tends to shun lower level questions as well as complete beginners more. Another difference is more from a content culture stand-point /int/ tends to promote listening and conversing with natives more whereas /jp/ does not support this as much and just learns japanese for media consumption.
>>
>>71944041
I have two Japanese exes the first I randomly met one day and is the reason I started learning Japanese at all.

Second was a Tinder date where I tried to re create the previous relationship.

Still miss the first one, Japan rarely ever crossed my mind prior to her, everything was so new and exciting but. Miscommunication was awful as she was learning English still.
>>
>>71944622
They're slow as fuck, don't have kanji until the 3rd chapter of the first book and the exercises are tailored to classes more so than individual study. Find a copy online and look through it to see for yourself though.
>>
File: 1488730171128.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488730171128.gif
494KB, 200x200px
>>71944641
>/int/ is better for asking simpler questions
dafuq
>>
>>71944747
From my experience /jp/ tends to get more elitist about things than /int/ does because its /jp/.
>>
>>71943364

あ 分かりました。とにかく、返事をありがとうございます。

>>71943467

Yes that does, thank you. These rhetorical elements are slowly starting to gel in my head.
>>
>>71944776
The threads on /jp/ tend to get stupidly autistic about the smallest things and have day+ long arguments over nothing, similar to some of the threads on /a/.
Just how many times can they sit there and scream at each other for days on end over the same arguments about which visual novels are Objectively® the perfect ones for beginners?
Drives me to nausea just lurking.
>>
>>71944776
yea I misinterpreted your sentence for a second there, I thought you were saying /jp/ had a higher skill level
>>
>>71944897
Nah that's not what I meant at all, I just meant that /int/ will respond in a more friendly manner than if you asked the same question on /jp/ because /jp/ will more likely get all elitist and autistic about it similar to what >>71944880 said.
>>
File: 7438209472.jpg (402KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
7438209472.jpg
402KB, 1280x720px
>>71944670
>Still miss the first one
Ikr. Out of all the women ive lust after and others ive been with, i still think about my first ex. My brain is telling me to move on, but my heart knows that i want to be with her more than anything right now.
>>
>>71944736
Any exercise is better than no exercise in my opinion anon. Tae Kim is great and all but being able to do the large amount of exercises in genki really drilled a lot of the basic grammar points into my head.
>>
File: よつばと!_1_093.jpg (299KB, 963x1400px) Image search: [Google]
よつばと!_1_093.jpg
299KB, 963x1400px
>押せた
Why does she say that? Isn't the past form of 押す "押した"?
>>
>>71946722
Past potential form. "I managed to push it!"
>>
File: よつばと!_1_095.jpg (291KB, 963x1400px) Image search: [Google]
よつばと!_1_095.jpg
291KB, 963x1400px
>>71946834
Ah, I see, thanks.
What about here? Why "出かけてていない" and not something like "出かけている"?
>>
>>71946967
That's 出かけて + いて (te-form of いる) + いない. She's 出かけている so she's not there.
>>
>>71947106
Ah, so those are two words, 出かけてる and いない, connected with the te-form, right?
>>
>>71947546
Three, to be more exact. You have 出掛ける, 居る and 居ない.
>>
>>71947596
Right, but I was counting 出かける and いる as one word anyway.

Anyway, thank you.
>>
Opinions on learning the basics of another language while already/in process of learning Japanese?

I'm going to Quebec in summer and I want to blast through French Pimsleur and maybe a small Anki deck.
>>
>>71918014
Why is it split between /jp/ and /int/?
>>
>>71948128
>ctrl f
>/jp/
>10 results
>>
>>71948128
When we were thrown out of /a/, we came here because threads on /jp/ were deleted at first. Eventually after a bunch of drama, they allowed DJT on /jp/ as well. This led to some people moving to /jp/ and some people staying here. Since both boards had enough people posting to keep the threads alive, they've stayed split since. As for the difference, see >>71944880.
>>
>>71948056

I'm learning both at the same time too, Japan over two years now and French for about a month. Speaking personally, I don't see my Japanese being hindered at all with this change. The languages are very different so there's no mixing up vocab or something like that.
>>
Is kanji damage a good method to "learn" kanji? (The anki deck, used hand in hand with the core 2k/6k anki deck)
>>
>>71948251
Nice, we are almost exactly the same except you're a month into French.

What method are you using?
I'm only picking Pimsleur because it was my general introduction to Japanese.
>>
File: yukko fidget.gif (360KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
yukko fidget.gif
360KB, 500x500px
>>71918014
私の作った絵を使った!

ありがとう、本当に幸せだ~
>>
>>71948348
Yeah, loved Kanji Damage. Very useful. Make sure to keep it up though. You quickly lose retention after a certain point.
>>
File: .jpg (144KB, 756x686px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
144KB, 756x686px
>>71948569
可愛いし、使わないと勿体ない。
>>
File: yukko.png (423KB, 726x600px) Image search: [Google]
yukko.png
423KB, 726x600px
>>71948699
あ、ところで:
最近日常の漫画を読んでいます。易しい漫画だけど、私は漫画よりアニメが好きから…
日常のアニメは同様な簡単だろうか。
誰か知ってば、教えてください。
>>
When do you guys hit easy on anki? I always feel like I'm cheating when I'm doing it.
>>
>>71948391

Duolingo + Babbel, I'll probably have Babbel's beginner courses and Duolingo's tree done in about a month and a half, then I want to get a sentence/vocab anki deck and start trying to translate some blog/news/whatever texts. I also have a ~150 pg essential grammar book as my go-to source for simple grammar (which is probably not needed if you have google but whatever lol, I tend to read more into things if it's a book in my vicinity).

I don't think I've ever used Pimsleur. Is it like Rosetta Stone, immersion and all of that? How much time in a day/week can you dedicate to learning French? You could probably be at a pretty good level by summer if you do like an hour or two a day. Also, don't all the Canadian provinces have the schoolchildren take French classes or something?
>>
>>71949430
I only hit easy on English loan words that are super obvious, or on words that I've known 100% for a long time. For example, 大人 shows up really late into Core 2k/6k.
>>
>>71949430

If I can I figure out the meaning instantaneously or within 5 or so seconds I'll hit easy. Usually any mistake will have me hitting again, unless it's just a slight pronunciation error.

I don't know what you mean by cheating lol. I mean, you either understand it or you don't, right?
>>
>>71949473
Different Leaf here but back in my day French was mandatory from Grade 4 until Grade 8, and then it was optional. I took it until Grade 11 and still have a sizeable chunk of French in my brain.

Some day I might try to become fluent in French just so that I can say I can speak three languages.
>>
>>71949430
Loan words and words I can recall in less than a second because they're super easy like 雨 or 犬 or because I've learned them incidentally and have therefore have significance like 幸せ for being in all my pop songs.
>>
>>71949473
Duolingo frustrates me because I have to redo things because of slip ups on the keyboard. Never tried Babbel. You look like you're going pretty hard though.

Pimsleur is great, designed for businessmen, there are usually 3 total sections, 30 lessons per section, 30 minutes per lesson.

He'll teach you a word/phrase, break down how to pronounce and then you go through basic things. He'll say, "How are you" then you would say, "genki desu ka" and you move through like that. Eventually he speaks his instructions in that language. Almost zero filler, he doesn't waste any time and he's covered tons of languages, really good for basic conversation and reflex practice. I would recomend hands down to anyone learning any language. Hell at 30 minutes a day, I think everyone should do at least one full Pimsleur session.
It's really monotone though, it's not overly enjoyable.

>Also, don't all the Canadian provinces have the schoolchildren take French classes or something?
Yeah but it's a joke forced on us only a few Prime Ministers ago, who was Trudeau's father. No one outside of Ontario and Quebec speak it and no one outside cares. If you go to Quebec I have heard it's very looked down upon if you don't. In B.C. we did it from grades 4-11 and once you hit grade 9 you could take a different language (spanish and german were offered at my school) or drop language all together and the French classes drop by at least 2/3, only those who need the grade 11 tick on their resume for uni stay.

I stayed until grade 11 and retained nothing.

>>71949664
Are you an Eastern leaf? French Immersion? How do you have a sizeable chunk retained? Were you just a good student?
>>
>>71949683
>>71949633
>>71949543
Thanks anons, I think I may be grading myself a little too hard then as basically the only cards I've ever hit easy on are number cards or days of the week.

As for the cheating part I think its just related to the idea that for a word to be "easy" I have to understand it to the same level I would an English word. So I feel like by hitting easy I'm somehow cheating anki's system because I probably don't know it to the degree I should know it.
All of that probably didn't make any sense but it's just the way my brain takes it.
>>
File: 1390450024838.jpg (103KB, 777x896px) Image search: [Google]
1390450024838.jpg
103KB, 777x896px
>>71938073
おはよう、水田さん。
>>
File: 1477400413201.jpg (35KB, 668x412px) Image search: [Google]
1477400413201.jpg
35KB, 668x412px
>>71938073
Oh, I know these guys! It's the same studio that did KY*JC!

I tried watching this Peeping Life series back then when they released KY*JC and didn't understand shit, but now I can already get most of what's being said, NICE!

What exactly is the purpose of these animations, training? Do they publish this anywhere? Or maybe it's just for fun.
>>
>7 months of studying chink
>better at listening than I was after like 4 years of Japanese
why
>>
>>71942607
i think this is an indirect 持ち主 passive used because 想像 is viewed as a possession of 音楽が好きな人間.

能動文が
XがYのNをVする
の形で表される場合、Yが人間など意志を持つ有情名詞であれば対応する受け身文は
YはXにNをVされる
の形で表されます。

表現が 音楽が好きな人間の 想像を かきたてる
音楽が好きな人間は 表現に 想像を かきたてられる
音楽が好きな人間にとっては 想像を かきたてられる 表現
"it is an expression that stirs the imagination of music lovers"
>>
>>71950165
Chinese is all about listening, that's why.
>>
>>71950165
Speaking struggles?
>>
File: 1487038395641.png (431KB, 831x831px) Image search: [Google]
1487038395641.png
431KB, 831x831px
>>71948251
>>71948391
>>71949473
>>71949731
Yo, I started French and Japanese at the same time, 15 months ago, and there is no conflict whatsoever.

Don't worry, keep going.

As for me, I only used Duolingo (and I keep all my skill tree maxed out) but I probably had the Romance language advantage.
My vocabulary in Japanese is bigger than my vocabulary in French, although I can communicate pretty well with my limited-ass French vocabulary, whereas in Japanese I'm still getting used to the grammar and structuring in general.

I must have put 5~10% of the effort into French and 90% in Japanese, French is just a bonus language which I keep on juggling to keep retention, but haven't really tried to pursue/refine as no reason to do it has come across my path. France is stalled, Québec doesn't do much anymore in terms of animation, so French is like learning a dead language, you do it for enjoying works from the past.
>>
File: 1479835025303.jpg (69KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1479835025303.jpg
69KB, 512x288px
>have to keep pressing again on these 2 kanji cards because i dont care about "industry" or "commerce"
im going to die
>>
>>71950445
Stop learning so many languages Burajiru-kun. Four?

>>71949731
I'm from BC too. I don't know, I had a decent teacher... and French is so much easier than Japanese. I haven't spoken French in 10 years but if I put as much effort as I am now into learning Japanese I think I could at least become fluent or at least close to it within a year.

Now, as for this fucking Nihongo, I've been studying practically everyday for ~8 months and sometimes I still feel like I've gotten nowhere.
>>
>>71950445
Gonna go with Duolingo on the train to work, Pimsleur for the walk to work.

How did English compare to French? Assuming you had to learn English? Japanese is a cat 5 (88 weeks) language and French is a cat 1 (23-24 weeks) so my ego says it'll be a breeze.

>>71950582
I did have kind of lame duck teachers, not bad but not great, also I feel French is felt to be a foolish language and politically rejected over here so no one in class really put effort in, the dialogues we did in grade 11 were pathetically simple and no one could remember the 5 lines needed.

I've been at Japanese for over 2 years and I forgot how to do introductions the other day because I literally never have to do it. I'm still a deer in headlights when I try to speak. I can't even be social properly in English and am I trying to do it in a foreign language. Why do I do this to myself?
>>
>>71950582
Well, English and Portuguese are pretty much second nature already, so I only feel like I'm learning two.
What I have to fight is the urge to start Finnish and Russian. Maybe later!

>>71950582
>8 months
Don't worry, I didn't use my Japanese for SHIT until I was 10 months in, but I can see all the grinding paying off now that I can read without a text hooker.

>>71950661
>How did English compare to French?
English has piss-easy grammar, but a wackadoodle writing system. I learned it more through high exposure to media, so it was a slow, rarefied process.
French shares the shittiness of a not-very-phonetic writing system and has a more complex grammar, but on the other hand I can understand most of it by tracing a parallel to Portuguese rules.

Also, French is literally Portuguese + English, so it's like I already have Yellow and Blue paint, and I just need to mix both in order to get Green. Whenever I don't know a word, I'll take a Portuguese or English word, give it a French spin and cross my fingers. It works VERY often.

From an Anglophone's point of view, you'll probably just struggle a bit with noun gender and verbal agreement, all the other stuff looks pretty English-y to me.
>>
>>71949731

>You look like you're going pretty hard though.

I've just recently returned to neet status, so I have the time lol.

Pimsleur sounds like a solid beginner course from how you describe it, and if it's backed up as a standard for businessmen, then that should invoke some confidence in its merit.

>I stayed until grade 11 and retained nothing.

Like, not one thing? Not one grammar bit? It's hard to imagine that after being in there since grade 4, even if the "classroom setting" for foreign languages is a pretty shit way of going about it, you don't remember anything. Japanese students start English studies in grade 5 (soon to change to grade 3 I think), and their English is usually shit, however they have the excuse of learning a very different language from their own, I guess.

My foreign language was Spanish; 2 years of it and I only remember some verb conjugation rules, use of gendered articles, and a handful of words/phrases.

>>71950445

>French is like learning a dead language, you do it for enjoying works from the past

That's how I see it, as I have no intention of visiting Quebec/France/Northern Africa, so it's purely for enjoying media. As for using Japanese outside of the pure hobby realm, well that remains to be seen.
>>
>>71950572

商業? 工業?

Are they sentence cards or just word cards? For me, sentences make the "I don't care" words much much easier to retain (.. if that makes sense, lol).
>>
>>71951103
How will you gain respect from all the businessmen in Japan if you don't learn business words?

>>71950765
I like how you used the Brazilian flag colors in your example. >>71951032 I just tried out the Duolingo entrance test thing for French and actually scored way higher than I thought I would. Some vocab is literally right from super market labeling.

So I was wrong, I just doubted myself. I was seriously trailing at around 50-60% in French by the end of grade 11.
>>
>>71951219
>>71951032
Also here's Pimsleur, the organization that uses his methods sent 8 hours of Japanese free to volunteers during the tsunami, kind of neet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pimsleur
>>
File: p367.jpg (191KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
p367.jpg
191KB, 1127x1600px
>>71641650
Hi there, if you're still taking requests I would really appreciate more 終末なにしてますか please
Again, thanks so much for the last 3 volumes, they were absolutely amazing

外伝
http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rk/ca15ba68f9b336e89d78ff4c0c3cdee5/
もう一度だけ、会えますか?
http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rk/9230665899293fdeb0de61f44ff1c325/
http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rk/50ee0d3b737736bfacd76753a8976cd5/
http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rk/2353e3e882613e4dbadded489266f08a/
>>
>>71950572
oh my, are all of those actually different kanji?
>>
>>71951477
It's gotta be a which one is correct kind of thing.

I hope
>>
File: fine.jpg (19KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
fine.jpg
19KB, 240x200px
>>71951574
>I hope
>>
should I bother reading visual novels or children's stories if I know less than 1000 words?
>>
>>71951477
Only one is an actual kanji. 犬
But there is also 太 which isn't listed there.
>>
>>71952199
>tfw don't even know how many words I know but I read whatever
Like really, how the hell do you keep track of how many words you know? It's like asking how many words I know in English.
>>
>>71948056
It depends on how hard you're going on Japanese and how far in it you are.

I tried doing Japanese and french at the same time but it didn't work out.

It's less time I would spend on Japanese and I wasn't far into into Japanese enough.
>>
hope everyone's study is going well today.
>>
>>71948056

I do German and Japanese, but my German is way better.

>tfw I am the shitter who thinks the concept of N5 is so far away.

I have just started Wanikani which feels surprisingly good, the slow pace suits me fine and think it will rack up fast. Think I will try N5 again in July, and should be able to pass by then!
>>
>>71952550

I mean in my SRS.

Should I just start reading now and stop being a pussy? lol
>>
>>71955359
I'm using the wanikani anki deck. The normal pace was to slow for me.
Almost 2 months in and I'm at lvl 11. Hope to get done by the summer. I wanna try for n3 or n4 depending on how far I get with my grammar.

I also ignore the radicals. I just went over them quickly and only use them for kanji i have trouble with.
>>
>>71950165
isn't chink supposed to be very straight forward grammatically
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 700x673px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 700x673px
>>71926622
i was looking at some decks that already have the blanks in there so i wouldn't have to manually change thousands of cards. not a big deal anyway.

>>71926853
i also have tae kim which teaches grammar. currently learning the kana before reading the whole thing.
speaking of, the animation for り uses the same animation as リ. idk if this is a mistake or something since im really new to this and kind of a dumdum. it's the same on the djt guide's kana page.

>>71927523
yeah i know. i got the core 2k/6k with audio. it says the phrase in japanese but doesn't say it in english. i was referring to a voice that'd say "x...y" that i could listen to over and over to expand my vocabulary.
>>
File: 1480797661811.jpg (71KB, 360x357px) Image search: [Google]
1480797661811.jpg
71KB, 360x357px
I am getting literally triggered by reading mango.

They put question marks (especially as !?!?) everywhere when a character is tsukoming and I can't help but read it as if it was uptalk. Disgusting.
>>
>>71955641
>Start reading something
>It's boring
>Quit

>Start reading something
>It's interesting
>Reading in Japanese is to slow
>Start reading the translations

Every god damn time
>>
>>71919203
あれれ?
これ俺じゃないか
なんでスクリーンショットしたの
>>
>>71948569
>私の作った絵を使った!
>私の
This doesn't seem correct to me. Shouldn't it be が?
>>
File: sketch-1488801394077.png (164KB, 535x960px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1488801394077.png
164KB, 535x960px
There is それにしても?
>>
>>71957234
you can use both in this type of sentence
>>
>>71957327
Depends on what was said before and/or what she is talking about.

(Maybe that doggy has a rotten personality, but) even so, he's so cute!

Or something like that.
>>
I fucked myself with anki and now I'm very behind. I set it for 20 new cards everyday. How am I supposed to remember each kanji, pronunciation and meaning that fast? I'm not that far so should I just start over and pay attention more and spend more time on it?
>>
>>71957112
しらじらしい
>>
>>71922008
> ストーカー
犯罪者や差別主義者の言う言葉じゃない。
むしろ23時間見張られろ。
>>
>>71924737
お前JapaneseThreadで「死にたいいい」って冗談言ったposterを煽ったブラジルだろ。
『俺は自分の命を尊重だ』とか偉そうなこと言ってたが、やってることはmeme。

クズだな。
>>
>>71958462
なんで信じないのw
>>
>>71958545
Why the FUCK are you writing like これ? I know your writing system is already bastardized to a point of no return, but can't あなた at least use some 片仮名 for the English 言葉?

What a mutt.
>>
>>71958492
犯罪者でも差別主義者でもないので言っていいってことですね、わかります。
>>
>>71958351
How did you fuck yourself? Just hit 1 on every card you don't know and it'll pop up more frequently instead of start over.

Also I do 20 per day as well. The 20 get easier as you learn more kanji and recognize a few patterns and readings. 20 is totally possible.

Usually for new words I hit 2 (10 min) as many times as I can to get max exposure to new words because eventually it gives you a 1 (1 min) and 2 (4 days) option. It's spaced repetition dude, it's supposed to be intervals, you can take as long as you want to learn words because the hard ones keep returning if you let them.

Also, start writing out the kanji, learn the strokes and you will recognize/retain them way better. At first this takes a while but you get faster, try looking at it and writing it down after without looking. Whether or not I look personally depends on the answer I give. Like when I get the word right but can't write it out I press hard or even again.

Good luck Poland
がんばって!
>>
File: 1471526696774.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471526696774.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>71960494
Well, maybe I'm exaggerating about that but I just didn't do my share yesterday and a day before so today I had like 100 previous cards and 20 new ones and I still can't remember a lot of them. As far as the meaning and pronunciation goes it's fine but for kanji is worse. If I had to write it down from memory I could maybe do for 30% of words that I learned. I guess I just have to write kanji more but not sure if that's going to help me with matching it with words. Thanks for the encouragement though.
>>
Can somebody please redpill me on when people say that SRS and RTK doesn't really work when learning kanji? is this true or only partly? or is it a meme?
>>
>>71962171
SRS doesn't really work if you don't l know what it really means. Most people just use the default settings but SRS is supposed to be caliberated per individual for the most effective results. RTK is a throw up because you don't know whether or not you'll remember everything by the time you actually do kanji. Again dependent on the individual's memory as well as motive. RTK is an extra 3 months to your learning plan, most people don't even want to put in effort at the beginning, so RTK just acts as a barrier for them.
>>
>>71962171
>RTK
personally I wouldn't recommend it, but other people like it

depends on the individual really
>>
File: canon_wordtank_s502.jpg (47KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
canon_wordtank_s502.jpg
47KB, 440x330px
are electronic translators really helpful?
>inb4 apps
I hate typing lots of shit on a touchscreen keyboard and I don't want distractions
>>
File: casioexword.jpg (180KB, 1079x1142px) Image search: [Google]
casioexword.jpg
180KB, 1079x1142px
>>71963796
i'm thinking about buying pic related
almost 300 bucks but it seems good
>>
>>71957234
It's describing the noun which is 絵
In other words 私の作った絵 = The 絵 that I made + を使った = I made use of
I made use of the 絵 that I made.
>>
食べたいものを言ってごらん
ほんと… ? じゃあ… オムマキ…
ハイカラ
What mean ハイカラ? In dictionary "Fashion", but context about food.
>>
>>71918014
What's a good way to learn Kanji alongside the 2K deck?
I've tried both RTK and just radicals, but nothing seems to be working for me.
>>
File: image_16.jpg (17KB, 210x251px) Image search: [Google]
image_16.jpg
17KB, 210x251px
>>71956796
>>
It doesn't say in the OP so I'll ask here. What does everyone use to type in Japanese on their phone again?
>>
>>71964641
I use Google Kana flick input
>>
>>71964641
Google Japanese Input
Also I'm pretty sure that's in the guide resource list under mobile devices.
>>
>>71964747
Huh guess my eyes just decided to not see it, thanks
>>
do you guys do short translations(tweet specifically) here or is it haram to ask

no pleasure of being cummed inside pls
>>
>>71964476
Herupu puriizu
Ai wana ryaan jappaniizu
>>
>>71964416
And all this is happening in 1920.
>>
File: 0057.jpg (50KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
0057.jpg
50KB, 785x757px
>>71965098
I don't help Americans.
>>
If I was to ask: who is this?

Would it be:

誰はですか?

Also, with this being said

If I was to say nobody, would it be factually correct to say

誰無?
>>
>>71964695
>tfw actually getting good at this
>>
>>71964363
I know what the sentence means. I know that it's a sub clause that modifies 絵.
However, it's just that 私の作った subclause sounds weird to me.
The construction of the possessive の particle + Verb is not something I thought was allowed.
>>
File: 1478300176647.png (141KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1478300176647.png
141KB, 420x420px
>>71965300
But I'm a French proxy-posting as an American to make them look bad. Here is the content of the tweets if anyone is feeling generous. I'd much appreesh tbhfamlads.

父兄さんが喜ぶかわいいテレ玉くんは、テレ玉くんぼうしをかぶった菊地最愛さんの画像かと。ご自身がテレ玉家で購入して撮影して日誌に貼ってくださいました。後でお聞きしたのですが、ぼうしのサイズ大と小で相当悩んでいたそうです。さらに現場に持っていってみんなに被らせていたとも。

菊地最愛さんがテレ玉家でテレ玉くんぼうしを購入したと聞いて「言ってくれれば差し上げたのに」とさくら学院の職員の方に言ったところ「なんでももらえると思ってはいけません。欲しいものはお小遣いを貯めて買うんです」とスパッと素晴らしいお答えをいただいてさくら学院への心酔度が増しました。
>>
>>71965561
私の 作った絵
>>
File: 1465562749470.gif (783KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1465562749470.gif
783KB, 500x281px
Dudes, I missed my Anki reps for the first time in over a year. Congratulate me!
>>
>>71966233
I don't think you understand my question.
>>
>>71966351
I don't think you understand my answer.
>>
>>71966351
作った is property of 絵 so it's allowed. If you still don't believe me, try searching "私の作った絵" on Google, it'll yield around 85k results.
>>
>>71641650
Volumes 2-6 please.
https://booklive.jp/product/index/title_id/271428/vol_no/
>>
>>71966351
I think 作った絵 is acting as a noun, and 作った is modifing 絵. Therefore the の is connecting 作った絵 and 私
>>
>はっ...その手があった
It's something like "I have other idea"?
>>
>>71965492

Question words never get は, only が

誰もない is nobody

Keep studying grammar, these questions will be covered in early material.
>>
>>71970277
I think its something like "Ahh, i could do/have done something like this" (Like, it was possible to do this, think of "te" as an expression as we would use "card")
>>
>>71970407
Wouldn't 誰ですか without neither は nor が be the most common/correct way of asking this?
>>
>>71965561
>>71966233
>>71966801
>>71969427
In 私が作った絵, 私が作った is a subordinate clause. In subordinate clauses, you can change がs used like that into の. The の is not the possessive particle.

In other words, you need to parse it like this:
私の作った 絵
>>
>>71971022

It's such a common and heavily used question, and without building a scenario in which the utterance is said, it's hard to say which would sound most natural.

But yeah, 誰ですか would get the question across. Or even 誰か or 誰 with rising intonation could work too, and all three of these are assuming the listener can contextually follow us without any other information stated.
>>
I'm >>71948569

I intended it to be like >>71969427

>>71971290
I didn't know the details of why it worked, thanks for the explanation
>>
儲かりまっか my niggas
>>
How do you use Anki? I see people saying they use it daily, but learning a dozen or more new vocab words everyday sounds like a lot. I don't think that would actually let it all set in.
>>
>>71973474
Youre not "learning" them. Youre being introduced to them.
As far as i know, Anki's model is like this:
"learn"->forget->"relearn"->forget->repeat
And on each succesive relearn youre gonna remember it longer, until eventually you actually learn it.
>>
File: CGC7Z1E.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CGC7Z1E.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
刺激はどこだ!
どこへ行った!
>>
>>71972905
オオッ!
>>
File: azunyan money.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
azunyan money.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>71976058
糞、絵を忘れた
>>
File: Sunglasses Guy.jpg (23KB, 279x295px) Image search: [Google]
Sunglasses Guy.jpg
23KB, 279x295px
>>71975996
こんにちは、水田ちゃん!
>>
File: .jpg (181KB, 632x954px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
181KB, 632x954px
>>71976201
>>
>>71976278
水田ちゃんってだれだよ
>>
>>71976395
あんただよ。「水田」の発音は「すいでん」です。
>>
>>71976509
なるほどね
>>
>Studied 149 cards in 13 minutes today
>Again count: 24 (83.9% correct)
>Learn: 0, review: 102, relearn: 47, filtered: 0
>Correct answers on mature cards: 14/25 (56.0%)
殺してください
>>
File: 1488835304959.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1488835304959.png
56KB, 491x585px
fresh oc
>>
>>71977053
>fresh oc
>1488835304959
「のへの」
>>
File: 1391557414952.png (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1391557414952.png
79KB, 500x500px
>>71977119
You don't optimize filenames before uploading OC?
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 458x200px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 458x200px
>>71977053
AHahahahaha.
Oh dear.
>>
File: よつばと!_6_114.jpg (192KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
よつばと!_6_114.jpg
192KB, 830x1200px
>>71977895
>>
>>71963796
I used one in college and it was a great help.
>>
File: img_02l.jpg (131KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
img_02l.jpg
131KB, 800x533px
>>71964301
I've read some pretty good thinks about the SHARP Brain 電子辞書
Here is a Youtube video to give you a bit of an idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A00HOFZMMAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJH-w6dVtfQ
Could be a cheaper alternative to the popular Casio ones.
>>
>>71979626
>SHARP
>Casio
TI 電機辞書 when
>>
File: tumblr_nsc802gaKj1r5gwhfo1_500.gif (4MB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsc802gaKj1r5gwhfo1_500.gif
4MB, 500x363px
What are some serious disadvantages of living in Japan compared to Europe?

From my experience is that the working culture is fucked up and when I was living there I always feared the earthquakes. No joke, I always put my chair to the other side of the room before sleeping so that I can crawl under my desk immediatelly if it happens in the night.

Still I kind of miss life there and wonder if I should move back
>>
Could someone tell me why this was moved from /a/?
>>
>>71979890
Read the guide
>>
>>71979765
>電機辞書
Fuck, meant 電子辞書.
>>
https://mfadhillah.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/minna-no-nihongo-i-c3bcbersetzungen-grammatikalische-erklc3a4rungen-englisch.pdf

Is this version of Minna no Nihongo good?
>>
>>71980050
That looks terrible for self-study.
>>
>>71979767
Got a good laugh out of me anon
Ain't no desk gonna protect you in Japan from their magnitude of earthquakes
>>
File: 1297848156151.jpg (91KB, 589x594px) Image search: [Google]
1297848156151.jpg
91KB, 589x594px
>>71979767
Embrace it, man.
>>
What does /djt/ think of textfugu?
>>
>>71979767
From all the whining videos that pop up on YT, I take if you're an extroverted normalfag or a self-defeating/self-aware person you will feel respectively out of touch with their introversion/social politeness and feel discriminated against just because people will be overly interested in you.
>>
>>71982516
>people will be overly interested
That's actually not the case. I'm almost 2m tall and never got any too-obvious attention from Japanese people. The first weeks I was surprised that no one in the subway, etc. is even looking at me. Staff always spoke Japanese to me, etc.
>>
File: 1448378551715.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1448378551715.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>Japanesepod101
>upper beginner level audio course contains about 25% spoken japanese
>next level is about 75% japanese.
Wtf man. I can still understand like half of what is being said but I am still missing the other half.
>>
>>71983517

Just read the transcripts while listening (afaik you're gonna have to get at least a one month subscription to download all of them, though). Also more Japanese is good, as the point of these learning resources is to wean you off of English speaking slowly so you can eventually just start listening to pure Japanese resources.
>>
>>71961389
>If I had to write it down from memory I could maybe do for 30% of words that I learned.

Flip the deck and try to write what you can from memory, 30% is really good in my opinion since if you think about it, doing 20 words per day you would see at minimum 12-15 new kanji depending on how many similar compounds.

Do that for a week and thats minimum 84 kanji. 30% is 25. Which after a week is really good I think.

I think of kanji like exercising, a life long battle. One day you'll be writing a sentence and you won't even want to write the kanji because you've drilled them so many times.
>>
>>71984267
>afaik you're gonna have to get at least a one month subscription to download all of them, though
They should all be in the CoR.
>>
>>71984600
>tfw kanji is more of a hassle to write than hiragana
Why Japanese people
>>
>>71985046
Hiragana is easy shit. Kanji is endless nightmare mode.
>>
>>71985236
Reading all of these low to medium quality 2-10 hours duration nukige I have on my VNDB wishlist.
>>
File: 1383967233656.png (90KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1383967233656.png
90KB, 480x477px
>>71985236
It used to be all those things.
[spoiler] Then she married someone else. [/spoiler]
>>
>>71985236
To be able to do awesome art for mobage as an illustrator.
>>
>>71985236
First it was for my girlfriend but she's long since moved back to Japan and I was left with this half learned language that what was kinda cool so I kept going.

Now if I stop I'll feel like a failure, so instead I do it everyday and make excuses to my friends if I need to study. Go to multiple meet ups and language exchanges. It's basically half my life now and if I were to stop there would be an empty hole to fill in my free time and I actually have nothing else to fill it with.

So basically, I'm just mentally ill.
>>
>>71985236
Being able to post spoilers without spoiling myself and act even more elitist.
>>
>>71985236
Anime, manga, games, music and e-peen.
>>
>>71985236
Consuming a larger amount of japanese media so I can be even less productive
>>
>>71984871

The "main script" pdfs are in the CoR, but sometimes the hosts go off into a Japanese speaking tangent and that's not covered. Though they're usually talking about an already established topic so it's not too bad. Either way, the full scripts are on the website, if one needed access to them.
>>
>>71985399

>So basically, I'm just mentally ill.

Don't worry, you couldn't be in better company.
>>
>>71983114
Eh, weird, Maybe you were in an area where foreigners are no longer novelty. Or maybe people are so self-aware they imagine things. And report them to the rest of the world because chinks won't correct them anyway because no Engrish.

>>71985236
Well, Anime/Mango and Doujin music, for starters.

But I intend going there and personally asking for a job for the shachou, so I thought doing it in Japanese would give me an edge. Might be a good idea to send a mail before going all the way up there, though maybe it would lose the boldness effect...

If nothing else, I can later try to make connections through translation jobs or going to Japanese communities in Brazil, although they are less and less Japanese by the year.
>>
>>71985876
Where do you get your Doujin music? The only net label I frequently check up on is Maltine.
>>
File: 1471859197866.jpg (35KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471859197866.jpg
35KB, 450x600px
>>71985236
>Watching anime?
sure
>Playing JP video games?
yep
>Moving to Japan?
were i お金持ち
>Finding Japanese waifu?
お金持ちx2
wanting to be alone was based on local women but if theres a meek humble japanese 嫁 that can teach me the ways of the kaomoji, so be it
>>
>>71985930
I follow the download spreadsheets on every Comiket, they're posted on DoujinStyle and /jp/.
>>
>>71985236
Video games and maybe moving over there;
Japan is a shitty county but it can't be less shit than living in Australia (for the next 50 years or however long I have left) anyway.
>>
>>71986223
Isn't Australia a 1st world country? What kind of shithole do you live in?
>>
>>71986290
I assume the west side.
>>
>>71986407
WA is full of low skilled workers who are being paid 100K+ a year to dig up rocks in mines.
>>
>>71986454
What's that like in Ameribux?
>>
>>71986490
http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=AUD
http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=AUD&To=USD
That was more of a stereotype about Western Australia, but Perth does have a lot of these "cashed up bogan" type people living there. The state gets a lot of it's revenue from the mining industry.
>>
>>71986542
>"cashed up bogan" type people living there.
god they are fucken retards ay
buy all this useless crap and never a house, then the suits automate the haulpacks and they get made redundant from 120k/year
anyway off topic, last word from me
>>
>>71986290
Its a first world country with the infrastructure of a second- bordering on third-world country and our already abysmal Internet was crippled for the next 50-100 years by corporate sabotage, we have one of the highest costs of living in the world without the wages to match (they're planning a wage cut too) so the youth will basically never be able to afford houses, the government is flooding the labour market with unskilled immigrants on visas while selling the land out from under us to China. That aside the lack of any discrete culture/identity is stifling, the populace are anti-intellectual with a -bad- case of Tall Poppy Syndrome, there's no funding for science or the arts, we have no clout on the world stage, and generally we're just a big lump floating in the ocean that no one would give a second thought to if not for our natural resources.

This country is fucked and I want out.
>>
>>71986848
That sounds a lot shittier than japan, if I may say so.
>>
>>71986848
>Its a first world country with the infrastructure of a second- bordering on third-world country and our already abysmal Internet was crippled for the next 50-100 years by corporate sabotage

Kinda like America
>>
>>71987021
Based Trump for finally addressing our infrastructure problems, if nothing else. Here's hoping he follows through.
>>
>>71985236

Just for fun
>>
>>71987128
>ドランプフ
我が大統領ではない
>>
これ好き
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zQWavER7to
>>
>>71987442
あら、そうですか?

お前の国籍はアメリカじゃないの?
>>
>>71986848
I was going to post pretty much the same exact thing.
Fuck this country and those with actual power to do something about it spending the past 30 odd years completely pissing it away in favour of pleasing corporations and appeasing fucking baby boomers who have been responsible as a voter block for fucking over generations as much as they possible could in order for their own gain.
Even America (no offence Burgeranons) seems like paradise compared to this shit hole.
>>
>>71987540
弾劾はそのうちだよ
オレンジ野郎はもう終わりだ
>>
>>71987499

映像は美しい

江戸時代っぽいのか?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2FfdSbLeDw
>>
>>71987608
>こんな塩辛いにしています
笑、お前らはまだ選挙を負けたよ

大人になれば(こんな馬鹿ことを言って止めて)、生活はきっともっと良いになるよ。
>>
>>71987748
こんな馬鹿ことを言って止めれば *
>>
>>71987748
>馬鹿こと
>良いになる
さすが ドランプフ信者
>>
How did people reliably learn Japanese before the internet?
>>
>>71987803
>馬鹿こと
>10,800 results
>良いになる
>943,000 results
両方は不正解じゃないよ。

それより、外国語能力は政治に関連しない。
>>
Daily reminder that learning Kanji through the use of mnemonic devices such as "It looks like this action" is severely harming your future learning.
>>
>>71987959
「馬鹿こと」って、「馬鹿なこと」を言うつもりだったと思います。
それで「良いになる」は「良くなる」ではないですか。「塩辛いにして」と言うのも、同じように間違っています。
ばかネトウヨ
>>
File: image_8.jpg (18KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
18KB, 384x313px
>>71988016
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
それにも関わらず、お前らは選挙を負けた。いい気持ちですね。

ともあれ、文法の助言をありがとう。
>>
>>71987927
By going to Japan.
>>
>>71988150
弾劾を楽しみにしてね
>>
>>71988006
Sounds like some bullshit you pulled out of your ass not based on any experience.
>>
>>71985236
At first, it was because I was interested in the language. Then, because I live,here. Now, because I like the language.

Hopefully if I keep at it, I'll eventually be able to get a decent job, but we'll see.
>>
>>71988232
そうね、それを信じ続けろ。
>>
no one is here who's learning japanese
why is this thread even exist?
>>
>>71988393
I'm sure most people here are learning japanese, even though they all suck at it
>>
>>71964416
Maybe it just means some kind of "hip' food.
Or maybe it is はいからうどん, with tenkasu and stuff.
I can't be sure. Sorry.
>>
>>71988393
It's usually people shitposting in Japanese or discussing things about Japan, and less about the Japanese language. As far as actually studying goes, I've just been focusing on expanding my vocabulary.
>>
Are rental cars speed or rev limited in japan? It's a very important question
>>
It would mean a lot to me if someone could give a clear translation of this for me.

3月2日、沢山の方々に支えられて、女の子を出産しました。とても自分一人では為し得ないことでした。関わった全ての人達、そして元気に生まれてきてくれた娘に感謝します。
>>
>>71988972
I think I forgot part of it.
直接お知らせすることが出来なかった皆様に、この場を借りて報告させて頂きます。今後ともよろしくお願いします。
>>
>>71988972
>>71989005
the pleasure of cumming inside
>>
>>71989026
shit, I fucked up: the pleasure of BEING CUMMED inside
>>
>>71988441
そんなに下手くそで俺だけと思うよ
>>
>>71988972
On March 2nd, with the support of many, she gave birth to a baby girl. We absolutely couldn't have done it without you. To everyone who was involved, and to my healthy new daughter, I give my utmost thanks.
I'd like to use this opportunity to inform everyone whom I was unable to give the news to directly. We hope you will continue to support us in the future.
>>
Is it better, worse, or inconsequential to do new cards last as opposed to mixed in with old cards?
>>
>>71986848
Sounds similar to NZ, but this is a pretty nice place to live. I guess we don't have your internet problems and our cost of living isn't quite as high, but otherwise the same. You have nice jobs with fairly good working conditions, and a nice atmosphere, environment and people. Definitely wouldn't rather live in America or work in Japan.

Like, things like discrete culture and funding for science/arts and influence on the world stage are completely irrelevant to your average pleb living in the country, right? What's important is what affects your everyday life.
>>
File: b9c.jpg (31KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
b9c.jpg
31KB, 680x598px
>tfw you want to learn japanese but you're intelligent enough to realize it isn't worth the effort
>>
>>71919266
>tfw swedes have virtually no accent while speaking japanese
>>
どのぐらい長い?
>>
>>71991901
何がです?
>>
>>71992007
チンコだぞ
>>
○んこ
>>
File: legmouth.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
legmouth.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
>>71943000
>Racist is wrong.
FTFY
>>
新しいthreadいつ?
>>
>>71994435
死んだところ
>>
こんばんは
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.