[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would your country survive a nuclear war? If not, would your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (51KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 256x315px
Would your country survive a nuclear war? If not, would your city? I live in LA, so I'm fucked if it happens.
>>
I'VE GOT SPURS THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE
>>
Well. We still have fallout shelters, heh
>>
why on earth would i try to survive when dying sounds so much easier?
>>
Dunno if São Paulo would be in someone's nuclear target list.
>>
I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE THE CONGO OH NA NA NA NA NA
>>
Turkey would surely survive.
>>
>>54994041

it would be on mine if i had any
>>
>>54994087

Why?
>>
>>54993209
>not using tgm
>>
>>54993209
>yfw there are edgy legionposters here right now
>>
>>54993209
I live in LA too. We're fucked together, my friend.
>>
>>54994164

CHI
>>
How the hell I know. I have 4 days stack of pea soup and crackers though.
>>
>>54993895
PLAY IT AGAIN, JOHNNY GUITAR [x∞]
>>
>>54994213
Oh and I have iodine tablets too.
>>
>>54994223

Worst song
>>
>>54994107
plantanes
>>
>>54994257

In this town there lived an outlaw by the name of Texas Red
Many men had tried to take him and that many men were dead
He was vicious and a killer though a youth of twenty four
And the notches on his pistol numbered one an nineteen more
One and nineteen more
https://youtube.com/watch?v=OfRTJumKMGo
>>
And nuclear thing isn't so bad. You just have to stay enough far away from it. And after few days it won't be so dangerous to go out. Stay away from roof floors.
>>
>>54993209
>Would your country survive a nuclear war?
NATO-member bordering Russia, so not likely.

>If not, would your city?
It has an airforce base so it would be a high priority target.
>>
>>54994335

One of the best songs desu
>>
>>54994357
Why can't obsidian make one more fallout? Imagine an obsidian game with the same quality of quests in NV and good story, with the size and budget of Fallout 4. It'd be amazing.
>>
>>54994434

Because Bethesda sucks and a lot of the people that worked on NV left
>>
File: 1445016749994.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1445016749994.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>54994082
Tfw /int/ is too dumb to get the joke
>>
>>54994457
And Bethesda wants to make more Fallout: The elder scrolls instead of actually making it an RPG with real choices like NV was. I played he absolute living shit out of NV with multiple playthroughs, Fallout 4 felt like Skyrim and had no replay ability. Fuck you Tom Howard.
>>
>>54994557

I haven't beaten 4 for those reasons
>>
File: 600px-Southern_Hemisphere_LamAz.png (151KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Southern_Hemisphere_LamAz.png
151KB, 600x600px
>>54993209
Yes.
>>
>>54994557
>implying TES weren't proper RPG's before skyrim
kiddo detected
>>
>>54994596
I will throw money at this man if Bethesda actually lets them do it:
http://gamerant.com/obsidian-fallout-game-132/
>>
File: art for the night.png (131KB, 1765x775px) Image search: [Google]
art for the night.png
131KB, 1765x775px
i made this for /bir/t
>>
>>54993209
I'd just have to go to the Amazon forest
No one would be stupid enough to nuke there
>>
>>54994541
It's about cockroaches right?
We get it,it's just not that good of a joke
>>
>>54993209
no, the army made a simulation of a chernobyl-like accident in an argentinian reactor close to our border and 70% of our territory would be a total wasteland in a few weeks
>>
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MijW2PqR0S

Also NCR is best faction
>>
>>54994671

Skyrim >>>> Oblivion

Morrowind is best, though.
>>
>>54998810
Daggerfall is objectively the best TES game
Morrowind fags are plebs
>>
>>54998829
fight me monkey
>>
>>54998757
hello friend
>>
>>54998844
You already lost fatass
>>
nah m8 trade = life

in all seriousness we'd probs be ok, we got low population, lots of sheep and shit, and lots of farms and shit. also not a target at all for nukes
>>
>>54994434
obsidian has expressed interest in creating a fallout based in new orleans, don't give up hope
>>
File: 1439928608313.jpg (359KB, 1018x728px) Image search: [Google]
1439928608313.jpg
359KB, 1018x728px
>>54994158
>mfw there's like 5 legion quests in the whole game
>>
>>54999017
Fallout dindu nuffin when
>>
>>54998757
not worry, friend, we have bestest reactors in world, very safe
>>
>>55000929
I want fallout Alaska or fallout American Canada desu
>>
>>55000902
I really wish NV had a Broken Steel-equivalent DLC that added the cut legion parts of the map and quests and added some post-Dam battle content, maybe an NCR/Legion/Vegas offensive to push the other(s) out of the Mojave for good.
>>
TRIED AND TRUE TWO NUKE SURVIVORS
>>
>>54993209
I CAN SEE THAT LONE STAR FROM A THOUSAND MILES AWAYY
TWENTY MEN TRIED TO TAKE HIM
TWENTY MEN HAD MADE A SLIP
TWENTY ONE WOULD BE THE RANGER WITH THE PIG IRON ON HIS HIP
PIG IRON ON HIS HIIIIIIIIP

Right now I am near NYC so I'd be monster fucked but I plan on transplanting literally anywhere else, probably somewhere in the Great Lakes. I'd still be minorly fucked because I live ij the US but being near NYC would be just worse than any other situation.
>>
File: legion camp.jpg (377KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
legion camp.jpg
377KB, 1280x960px
>tfw the legion will never be finished
>>
>>54993209
Also if anyone is wondering whether or not their city is on anybody's nuke list, it probably is. I'd imagine only places like Tibet or Africa would really be safe.
>>
no one will waste nukes for us lol
>>
>Would your country survive a nuclear war?
To some degree, i think we're too big to really make annihilating us worthwhile although a good portion of the population would be dead.

I'd probably be alright as i live a good distance from a city of any importance.
>>
>>55002203
>Africa
>2nd most populous continent
>2nd largest continent

>>>>>Africa would really be safe
>>
>>55002998
Yeah but besides Chinese factories what would anybody with nukes want to nuke it for
>>
I live on kinda the outskirts of sydney so if the bomb hit the cbd it would have to be huge to reach me. I might survive the initial bomb but idk if i would survive the aftermath depending on what happens.

If i did survive i would try and find a girl who was single and make her my gf
>>
>>54993209
I remember playing that on console.
In the first town if you side with the prison gang and attack the town the game shits itself dead, everytime. Absolute unplayable mess. To think the are people that playted this on console that seen nothing wrong with it. Everytime you enter vegas you have to force restart your console.
>>
File: oNdDASx.png (344KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
oNdDASx.png
344KB, 800x800px
>>54993209
daily reminder
fallout 3 > fallout new vegas
>>
>>55003755
Holy crap, you're right. I didn't notice it until now.
>>
>>55003755
>Being this retarded
he must be pretending, even cockroaches couldn't be this dumb
>>
In a classical Cold War scenario, probably not. We were too targetted so in a full exchange there would have probably been 90+% of the country irradiated.

In a full nuclear exchange, I have some doubt that even untargetted countries could survive due to the mid-term environmental effects.
>>
i live close to the woods desu and i know where a bomb shelter is. I don't have emergency supplies to survive for 72 hours or longer though
>>
>>55003888
To explain "mid-term environmental effects":

>In 2014, Michael J. Mills (at the US National Center for Atmospheric Research, NCAR), Owen B. Toon (of the original TTAPS team), Julia Lee-Taylor, and Alan Robock published "Multi-decadal global cooling and unprecedented ozone loss following a regional nuclear conflict" in the journal Earth's Future. The authors used computational models developed by NCAR to simulate the climatic effects of a regional nuclear war in which 100 "small" (15 kt) weapons are detonated over cities.

>They concluded, in part, that [...] global ozone losses of 20-50% over populated areas, levels unprecedented in human history, would accompany the coldest average surface temperatures in the last 1000 years. We calculate summer enhancements in UV indices of 30-80% over Mid-Latitudes, suggesting widespread damage to human health, agriculture, and terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. Killing frosts would reduce growing seasons by 10-40 days per year for 5 years. Surface temperatures would be reduced for more than 25 years, due to thermal inertia and albedo effects in the ocean and expanded sea ice. The combined cooling and enhanced UV would put significant pressures on global food supplies and could trigger a global nuclear famine.

And that's still a regional exchange. In a full exchange, the conditions for human existence as we know them would cease to exist. Fallout is just pop-trash for people who want Mad Max with Mecha suits.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.