[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways our families held us back tbh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: wojak hiding his disappointment.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
wojak hiding his disappointment.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
Post how your family held you back from success.

Mine:
>Never taught me ANYTHING about personal finance/investing/markets, etc
>Said meme shit like "You need to be a genius with a million dollars to invest!" when I told them what I learned about investing and tried to talk to them about it
>Constant nagging raised my cortistol and subsequently lowered my testosterone
>Gave me bad genetics(medium dick, king of manlets(5'11), bad eyesight, bad hair genetics, acne, made me Canadian)
>>
File: 1455207738821.jpg (61KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1455207738821.jpg
61KB, 500x384px
they made me and I came out and a bunch of my shit was permafucked

for a while I think I was "please kill me, it hurts to live" tier
>>
>>54952184
fuck off /b/
>>
>>54952249
well look at this fucking loudmouthed NORMIE.

Don't you have your girlfriend to be having sex with, Normie?
>>
File: eye_roll.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
eye_roll.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>king of manlets(5'11)

They sure as shit made you a bitch, I'm 168cm. You want to talk about bad genetics?
>>
>>54952184

They're too fucking nice. Buy me things even though I tell them not to, let me stay at home even while studying part time, dont force me to get a job

I mean its good but I sometimes think I'd be further in life with shit parents who didnt give a fuck about me so I'd be motivated to do something
>>
>>54952362
>Turk

Not surprised.

The height isn't really that bad, I like being king of manlets but my point is that I got dealt a terrible hand in every aspect with no real redeeming features.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (50KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
50KB, 427x640px
>>54952184
>me father never spoke to me in spanish as a child
>must resort to studying in college and personal study

JUST
>>
>mom let you eat mcdonalds every other day and play habbo hotel all the time
>>
File: 1433434767772.png (22KB, 217x225px) Image search: [Google]
1433434767772.png
22KB, 217x225px
>>54952399
>They're too fucking nice. Buy me things even though I tell them not to, let me stay at home even while studying part time, dont force me to get a job

Wish I knew this feel.

>TFW my mom wouldn't let me eat sometimes and I'd have to only eat when she's out of the house

Feels bad man. One day I want to become hugely successful and never talk to these niggas again
>>
File: max.png (304KB, 325x560px) Image search: [Google]
max.png
304KB, 325x560px
>"I want to go to the army"
>No
>"I want to study forestry"
>NO
>"O-ok history"
>NO
>Start sudying some administration degree
>"Wow anon why are you sad? :^)"
>>
>>54952412
>me father
Why would an Irishman know Spanish?
>>
>>54952456
>administration degree
lol you may aswell be a neet at this pont
>>
>>54952514
Mierda. Fue mi culpa. Yo estoy un poquito borracho.
>>
File: laughing-emoji.jpg (107KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-emoji.jpg
107KB, 800x770px
>>54952456
>>54952526
>Business Administration is not good in their country

>mfw specializing in Finance

lmao.
>>
>>54952421
Open bets
>>
File: philip blake.png (132KB, 333x446px) Image search: [Google]
philip blake.png
132KB, 333x446px
>>54952412
>>54952514
>>
>>54952552
finance is the best paid career in mexico

it was oil but that has gone to shit

the problem with administration is that you can get one of those from a cereal box, they are everywhere
>>
>>54952611
>the problem with administration is that you can get one of those from a cereal box, they are everywhere

Not sure how it is in other countries but in North America it's just a type of degree. Like "Bachelor of Science".

You specialize in something like Accounting, Finance, Marketing, international relations, etc.
>>
>>54952184
I'm a major fuckup, but i can't blame anybody but myself. If i wasn't so beta i would definitely be much farther in life.
>>
My parents rarely spoke to me so I didn't talk until I was like past 2 and a half years old
>>
>>54953157
baka is that why you're a virgin?
>>
>>54953191
No but I have a bad speech impediment
>>
>>54953212
I've heard gurls say that's cute
>>
No one has died and left me any money
>>
>>54953813
Whenever my parents go out with my brother and sister I never go (I say that I don't feel like it) because I kinda hope they get in a car accident so I just inherit everything
>>
Never pushed me to excel in sports or school

No real boundaries were ever set I was allowed to come and go from the house as I pleased which meant I spent all my time smoking weed and getting drunk then driving home shitfaced at 3am everyday (high school of course)

Father never laid down the facts of life for me

Never had to face any consequences when I fucked up

At least they provided a healthy diet so I didn't become a fat fuck, we never had soda or junk food in the house
>>
>>54954022
Do you go to university? If so what do you study/what is your major? How are you doing in your classes? If not, what sort of life do you lead?
>>
My parents pretty much let me do whatever I wanted so I drunk energy drinks, played WoW and slept in class. I ended up dropping out. They also rarely bought me new clothes and my mother was terrible at washing clothes properly so I always looked like shit which made my social anxiety much worse.
>>
Me
>188cm
>pleb tier 6x4.5 inch dick, sometimes the girth is bigger idk it looks small af
>poor as fuck family, really good with money because of it, finishing uni no osap bux
>fucking terrible eye sight, will get surgery

Could be worse i guess
>>
>>54954243
Pretty much same here, my dad was a lawyer who was either not home, asleep or too busy watching TV to care about what I was doing

My mom was always drinking with friends or watching daytime TV to care

Too much money to care about what I was up to so I just kinda played WoW all the time

My mom also would just go to the swap meet and buy clothes for me randomly so practically everything I own to this day is Quiksilver
>>
Neglect, abuse, this and that. At one point I was like a slav gopnik, but later I turned into a classical autist. Ultimately I learned a lot about life over the course of 5 years after I turned 18 in a series of sometimes painful experiences when I forced myself to talk to people and think, and I'm now actually functional.

Funny that my appearance used to bother me but now I don't give a shit and even receive compliments if anything.
>>
>>54952184
>Gave me bad genetics
Little stupid sissy. Bad genetic - vienam child after agent orange.
>>
I think both of my parents are fairly simple, and I think I'm probably simple and socially retarded on top of it. It's not a great combination, but it works for me.

I think my parents were too young when they had me, I'm now 5 years older than them when they first had me.
>>
>>54954247
>No osap

Literally why...
>>
Blame others for my own shortcomings the thread
>>
>>54952184
Bullied me to schizophrenia. Daily humiliation. I was made responsible for how my father felt, I was taught to be a victim, and have been victimised by countless predatory people as a consequence. Was abandoned in front of a screen, not even taught basic hygiene or given emotional support, just interrupted so my father could extract some energy from me via verbal aggression or demands for narcissitic supply.
>>
>>54954516
they might be my own shortcomings but they're largely due to the overly lackadaisical attitude of my parents

if you're going to tell me that the conditioning given to an individual by their parents growing up has no impact on their ability to perform as an adult and change who they are then I will literally lmao at you
>>
File: 1344732150360.jpg (301KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
1344732150360.jpg
301KB, 650x842px
>>54952184
>Grow up in normal loving family
>Mom has back surgery when I'm 15
>Gets addicted to painkillers
>Becomes a heroin addict
>Loses her career over it
>Becomes suicidal with depression
>Puts a gun to head in front of me and my Dad
>Had her committed
>She gets out of the hospital after a week.
>Never comes home again.

Pretty much ruined my Dads life, my younger brother joined a skinhead gang and got sent to prison for crippling a black guy. I live at home with my Dad, who just works and drinks. Its pretty rough.
>>
>>54954674
Holy fuck anon. That's some heavy shit, I thought having an abusive mother was bad, but this is just horrible. Are you fine?
>>
File: 1413692632981.jpg (6KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1413692632981.jpg
6KB, 200x195px
>>54952184
can't think about anything 2bh
my parents are pretty cool
>>
>>54954674
Why didn't you join tour brother and fight for the white race?
>>
>>54954719
Yeah, I guess. It is what it is. Its just crazy to realize how far you can fall in such a short amount of time.
>>
File: cyanide.jpg (62KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
cyanide.jpg
62KB, 504x470px
>used to be pretty social with other kids
>meanwhile that my family members used to mock me because how dumb i was
>i couldn't do things right and i was(still) pretty "slow" on things
>even though, i had the best notes on school
>still today they make fun of me of how i'm ugly, "dumb" and virgin
>Today i'm a NEET, virgin and i'm extremely afraid of rejection

Thanks a lot motherfuckers, then they ask why i don'y go to family dinners or to the beachhouse in holidays.
>>
>>54954761
He just wanted to sell meth. He didn't give a fuck about the white race.
>>
>>54954803
I'll be your friend brazilanon.

You seem like a nice guy, just misunderstood.
>>
>>54952362
That's pretty big for a cockroach
>>
File: lost control of my life.jpg (28KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
lost control of my life.jpg
28KB, 500x318px
>>54954851

I-I just have some problems on paying attention you know. But still to this day they still fucking with me about it. It's even worse when i'm at holidays with them and IT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING WEEK that, almost killed myself once because of that.

>"lol anon, why the fuck don't you get a gf"
>anon, why are you so fucking ugly man, look at me your brother and cousins, we all have green/blue eyes while you have this shitty brown eyes"
>anon, why the fuck you're so slow, pay the fuck attention you idiot

And shit goes on, it's even worse when my mom's stressed and she says the same stuff.
>>
>>54954921
Man you gotta move out.

If they're treating you like shit you shouldn't keep talking to them.

Just do what you can to succeed and prepare yourself for the next 6months to a year then leave and never talk to them.
>>
Im one of those dudes that was always told how brilliant he was and how well he could do if he worked at it
I'm convinced this is all lies and I'm actually retarded
>>
>american father
>father was barely around and was out drinking than being at home
>socially inept despite my father being able to go up to anyone and talk to them for hours and come out feeling like good friends
>and my mother being able to go up to anyone and speak her mind
>>
>>54952184
>school taught me how to invest
Feels good ťbh
>>
>>54952184
constantly putting me in mental hospital and don't let me blaze
>>
>>54954966

I'm starting college this year and then i'll find a job. The worst part is how my mom will react, like because of these things, she thinks that i'm uncapable of doing stuff and if i move you, i think i'll cut all my contacts with them.

They treat me good at first, but with the live living with them, things get shit pretty quick. My only income now it's small investment in the market. At least i have my own cash, but still not enough.
>>
I lived in a house full of women all my childhood (My dad was finishing his Master degree in Chicago).
My sisters used to dress me in girl's clothes and play barbies with them when we were children. so I came out a little effeminate. Is just crazy how much people can push you to something you are not. All the time my mother asks me if I have found a gf or a bf. And that just fucking makes my blood boils.
I'm just not fucking gay. Dude now I know what gay people feel when they are pushed to be straight.
A very sitcomy comedy if you'd like to say. But this fucking attitude has bring me to an identity crisis and seek for attention by posting nudes of myself in those old yahoo chat groups since I was 15.
>>
>>54955017
>TFW don't live in Singapore

How do I come over there desu?
>>
>>54955017
there are a TON of these 21 year old freshmen in my engineering program from Singapore, they came here after their service in Singapore

they're pretty cool dudes, they buy alcohol for us since they can
>>
>>54955042
Well that's good at least.

Do what you can. You don't need to tolerate them.

If you had a friend who did those exact same things to you, would he still remain your friend?
>>
>>54955046
It's depressing as fuck mate, I bloody loathe how competitive and materialistic society is
>>
>>54955081
That is what I want though.

When I finish studying Finance will it be easy for me to get a job and move there?
>>
>>54955074
Which uni are you in? I haven't done my service and I'd like to go to the US too
>>
>>54955113
UCLA
>>
>>54952184
My parents were boomers. My grandparents (Born in the 1920s) took care of me until I was 2 year old. My boomer parents did around 0 parenting but my mom managed to nag at me and bother me 24/7. My dad was mostly absent (at work or travel) until my teens when he was unemployed for a while. I miss my grandparents t.b.h.
>>
>>54955106
I hear finance degrees fare okay here I can't say for sure though.
>>
>>54952184
my dad told me himself that he thought we would figure things out for ourselves. what kind of shitty parenting is that . he thinks his role as a parent was only to provide and the rest would work it self out kek i literally have no idea what i am doing in life
>>
>>54952184
>strictly mormon
need i explain more?
>>
>>54955075

If he were really close to me and did only for "bantz", i could handle. Otherwise no., i'm pretty indeendent but not at the same time. Like i said, i'm too scared of fucking up and rejection, i always trygoing to a psychologist but autism happens. Sometimes i cried in the street of fear, but it doesn't happen in 4 years now.

The only thing i spend my money is my car and some bills(internet).
>>
>>54955175
where'd you do your mission?
>>
>>54952611
is communications a good degree and graphic design a good degree in mexico ? my cousin graduated in that and think they are hot shit now even though i think they work as secretaries
>>
>>54952184

They gave me everything they could, my failures are my own.
>>
Kind of lame blaming your family for own mistakes. I had a very dysfunctional family but I still take responsibility that my current situation is completely my fault.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (35KB, 260x344px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
35KB, 260x344px
>>54955238
>>54955261
They also gave you your failed genes.
>>
>>54955342
wrong pic. kek
>>
>>54954247
>inishing uni no osap bux
y tho
that seems hard and unnecessary
unless-did u get a pleb major?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.