[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Grandfather never mentioned being in WWII >Assume he wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 33

File: Iwo Jima.jpg (7KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
Iwo Jima.jpg
7KB, 250x201px
>Grandfather never mentioned being in WWII
>Assume he wasn't in it
>He dies and I learn at the funeral that he totally was
>Look up the ship he served on
>It was in a single battle against the Japanese, one so irrelevant that it doesn't even have its own Wikipedia page
What did your grandfather do during WWII?
>>
>>54835188
killed germans with long range artillery
>>
Desert Rat, served under Monty in Africa
>>
He was a kid at that time
>>
Got bullied by russians
Then germans
Then soviets
Then partisans
Then fake partisans
He said FUCK IT and moved
>>
Flight instructor
>>
One of my grandpas was in the navy, didn't do shit and just chilled apparently. My other grandpa was in the Marines, made it just in time for Okinawa, he said the Japanese were savages with no regard for human life and was seriously pissed we got a Toyota van.

Now that he's dead I can enjoy anime guilt free desu
>>
File: a cobra esta fumando.jpg (196KB, 980x1275px) Image search: [Google]
a cobra esta fumando.jpg
196KB, 980x1275px
The brother of my great-grandpa went to Italy.

Grandpa said that he lived a hell there, but also got tons of italian pussy.
>>
>>54835188

One grandfather was born during the war, his dad was on the front for the whole war (1939-1944) though. I don't know where he served or what he did, he died way before I was born and my granddad didn't really know him, but he was heavily traumatized and seriously addicted to alcohol and probably Pervitin (amphetamine kind of drug they gave to Finnish soldiers during tough times when they had to keep them fighting without change). That's why my greatgrandma left him and that's why my grandfather doesn't know him.

Other grandfather was 17 when the war ended so he didn't go to the front either, he was a bomb shelter guard in Helsinki. He would've been in the next batch towards the front but the war ended, luckily for him.

Other grandmas dad was quite old already during the war, he had fought in the Finnish Civil War on the white side and was an active member of the white guard all the way so he was in general staff doing something during the WW2.
>>
>>54835423

He cries in heaven everytime you watch/fap to anime.

Ungrateful fuck.
>>
>>54835188
Not sure what either of my granfathers did.
They probably just dug turf or something I dont know.
My Granduncles were all in the LDF though.
>>
>>54835188
Grandfather and his wife housed some Germans and gave out the addresses to some jews in Norway. I'm also pretty sure he also helped the Germans transport Iron and jews back to Germany.
I can still remember as a kid he used to mumble and say mean shit to any germans he met after the war, i asked him once why he did that. His answer was glass clear "Last time i trusted the Germans with anything they lost and sent Europe into a new shitty era of multicultural societies."

Sadly the old man passed away few years ago, in his will he gave me around 200000SEK
>>
>>54835188
Grandfathers weren't born yet. Great-grand fathers were.
One worked at the shipyard in White Sea, served the ships of northern conwoys.
Another was a scout, went as far as to Berlin, have returned back. Have bring back lend-leased M1E5 and borrowed BMW R75. Probably had loads of adventures, but he have died in road accident while riding motorcycle when I was 5 so I never had a chance to ask him about it.
>>
Enrolled in dentistry school so he didn't have to go to Vietnam and leave his 17 year old pregnant wife.
>>
>>54835188
The photograph was taken on 23 Feb 1945.
But the battle continued more 1 month. It ended on 26 Mar 1945.
It was so hard battle. I pray for the both of American and Japanese soldiers on Iwajima.
>>
File: 02_kgv_ships_company.jpg (98KB, 744x585px) Image search: [Google]
02_kgv_ships_company.jpg
98KB, 744x585px
>>54835188
One of my grandfathers served on HMS King George V but the war was over before he got to deploy.

My other grandfather fought against the Japanese in Burma.
>>
My grandfather was in Hitler youth so not many cool Second World War stories from him. My grandmother was a nurse in Munich during the end of the war.

However, my great grandfather and his brother were pretty important though.
>>
>>54835188
was a kid
got drafted into volkssturm
deserted

good lad
>>
>>54835188
Most of the time infantry in Northern Norway, wounded three times
In 1945 transferred to Silesia, captured in February
Until 1948 POW in Rostov, worked in a factory there
>>
Grandpa was in the red army, was injured badly, returned to the front (this saved his life because his original unit was destroyed while he was out) fought in the battles of Warsaw and Berlin and stayed in Germany for few years after the war, as a military governer of some small town. He said that he hated Germans during the war but his time there after it ended, helped him to see their civilians as victims of the war as well, so he did hate them like my grandma, even though his parents were killed by nazis.

Other grandpa was a kid, he fled the occupied territories with his family and worked in a military factory. His older brother went to the army and was killed near Brest.
>>
No idea I have to ask grandma
>>
File: 1452173137914.jpg (63KB, 467x574px) Image search: [Google]
1452173137914.jpg
63KB, 467x574px
My grandfather was a corpse rat looting german ,russian, and polish fallen soldiers.

Kinda like living a real life RPG game
>>
>>54835472
Why do brazilians pretend they're attractive
>>
>>54835188
One wasn't born, the other one was a kid and had a normal childhood.
Cool fact: he spoke German in school and with his friends, despite living in Lithuania, later - Soviet Union.
>>
>>54835188
He was born in 1945
>>
>>54836362
We were active in a shitty and usefull place.....
>>
>>54836560
Like when everyone is covered in shit but you're the one covered with smaller amount of shit?

Shit is integral part of Brazilianness.
>>
>>54835188
Grandfather was a pole, was recruited and got passed around Russia, Britain and the middle east; worst incident he was involved in was falling into a cesspool.
His father, on the other hand, played an important role as the lawyer of a very notorious man that ended up saving about a thousand jews.
>>
>>54836637
no, becouse the shit was the most important war in human history, and we got fucker by some german Jaegers troops in a useless Italy, so we were fucked for nothing
>>
>grandpa is smart
>qualifies for stateside radio communications program
>really jazzed because he didn't want to hurt anybody, and otherwise probably would have been stuck with navy
>Battle of the Bulge happens
>program is gutted, 70-80% of members sent to front lines in infantry units, used as radio sergeants
>sniperbait until war ends, unit suffers 32% casualties (thank you Steven Ambrose autism phase)
>never talked about it
>had night terrors for a while
>still doesn't trust government for dicking him out of his program to serve in shit-tier branch in shit-tier battle
>>
Grandpa was alsatian, he surrendered twice.
>>
as he turned 18, My gr.grandpa was called for the march to stalingrad.
he came back without an hear and 3 fingers (frostbitten).
i've never met him tho, My grandpa showed me photos of him before and after ww2
>>
Fought for the ANZACs in the battle of gallipoli, managed to help capture some fort or bunker or something but when he stepped out the turks were bombing their own shit and he had shrapnel embedded in his leg. So hot it melted inside him and fused to his muscle so he never had it replaced.
>>
>>54835188
Worked as an accountant in a bank, had 9 kids. Then he died from cirrhosis from drinking too much in 1972 and I never knew him.
>>
>grandad was 10
>his parents "divorce"
>literally not existent, divorced women were seen as witches or something
>grandfather hates her
>joins the local navy's mechanics school at 13, nearly during the late 30s
>tons of stories about his compulsory service and training
>he then later went on to work on various metalurgy-related shops
>>
I heard something about North Africa and Burma
>>
>>54836796
Nigga, I dont think you understand what I asked about.
I asked Why do brazilians pretend they're attractive

ATTRACTIVE =/= ACTIVE
>>
>>54835188
i don't know if my grandfather was old enough. he never mentioned it but he bitched about gooks a lot so i'm thinking he was in korea.
>>
>>54835526
Or too busy getting ass fucked by the devil in hell to notice.

who's to say? huehue
>>
My grandparents were too young for the war but I remember as a kid at church this one guy would get up and talk about God and get emotional and have a big testimony and I later found out he was in the Battle of the Bulge. He probably witnessed some crazy stuff
>>
>>54836352
Holy shit everything you said sounded so fucking Polish that I could almost taste a perogi
>>
>>54835345
i see a lot of germans on here say that, or they have another reason. is it possible that your grandparents are lying? it seems unlikely that'd i'd never see a nazi war story on here.
>>
One grandfather was born in 1939 and the other in 1942.

Their fathers have been to Stalingrad though, and they both made it home.
>>
>>54836352
>Kinda like living a real life RPG game
yeah... yeah its just like that, bud. your grandfather was a real hero.
>>
>>54835188
One got called to fight with the Brazilian Expeditionary Force in Italy but for some reason ended up not going, and the other was not born yet
>>
My grandpa missed that war but fought in Korea
>>
probably getting his ass beaten by the Japanese in manila
>>
File: 1397755067927.jpg (170KB, 650x583px) Image search: [Google]
1397755067927.jpg
170KB, 650x583px
>>54837283
Damn right, my grandpa owned a couple of houses in the US in several states in schwindly jewish neighborhoods from all the loot he collected during war later

Fucking living it up like Moses Natanyahu, brahim

USA USA USA

thank you america for being such a good goyim to us. :^)
>>
>>54837220
Try to create a glorious History, our monarchy was a shit, we have never been in a serious war polski mate, the best we could get was Italian Front, in Brazil we only like the Navy, the army have a complex of inferiority
>>
>>54837312
A lot of Germans died in the war, or after in camps. Many of them probably didn't have kids
>>
>>54837220
i have dyslexia, sorry for the mistake...
>>
Both of mine fought in Korea
>>
>>54835188
Both were 10-11 at the end of the war.

They served in Korea and Vietnam though.

WW2 vets are vanishing in droves nowadays.
>>
>>54837617
>dyslexia
thats a funny way of spelling down syndrome.
>>
Does anyone know what percentage of men in the armed forces of a given country actually saw combat?
>>
File: b24.png (49KB, 589x534px) Image search: [Google]
b24.png
49KB, 589x534px
>>54836352
>>54837494

>Jew bragging about swindling from other people
>>
>>54837726
dunno the exact number but in the US if someone is over about 65 theres a very good chance they've killed people.
>>
grandpa flew B-24s in the southwest training other people to become pilots

great grandpa on the other side was on a sub hunter in the atlantic

another great grandpa was a japanese soldier :^)
>>
File: Przechwytywanie.png (66KB, 261x285px) Image search: [Google]
Przechwytywanie.png
66KB, 261x285px
Bantering german airport staff, driving tank across Africa, Middle East and Belgium. Not to mention fucking his britich, female radio telegrafist while in tank. Pic related.
>>
>>54835188
Both grandfathers were kids (same age).

One of them pretty much didn't do anything, his school was destroyed so he started school at 9.
His uncle got executed for being a commie. The local school bears his uncle's name.

The other one, well...
The Germans made his house a local mini hq.
From what he told me they were pretty nice, but he hated them (he's generally a grumpy (tho the word is an understatement) person.
They played the radio for him.
They even fixed a clock.
His dad was hiding a gun in a hollow wall, because he didn't want to turn it over (just in case).
Some Bulgarians bullied his dad because someone snitch about the gun, they didn't find it, but they beat him up with gunstocks.
He developed a deep hatred of Bulgarians because of that.
>>
File: 154808824.jpg (121KB, 420x307px) Image search: [Google]
154808824.jpg
121KB, 420x307px
On my dad's side he was an officer in the navy and mostly ran convoys through the Mediterranean. Had a lot of stories about watching submarines sink ships right in front of him, but they weren't allowed to do anything.

My mother's side enlisted in the navy during the tail end. So he did nothing until the Korean war.
>>
Yep
Comanded mortar squad at Stalingrad.
Was wounded and comissioned.
Other grandpa was younger, was infantry, marched to Germany.
>>
>>54835302
My grandpa was one too. I have the plaque in my den. Died before I met him, a real shame.
>>
My great-grandfather was a colonel in Airborne. In one of the battles his regiment killed 300 German enemies (Pervomaysk, Ukraine).
>>
>>54837283
Are you kidding? Poles didn't have any fucking time for it.
He's an obvious kike.
>>
>>54835188
Captured by the Russians
>>
File: 1452613636825.jpg (486KB, 1060x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1452613636825.jpg
486KB, 1060x1600px
He was a German fighting on the Polish side.
>>
>>54838315
lol dumb polak

motzel tov!!!
>>
>>54835188
not much because he was only 12 at the end of the war
>>
File: smug3.jpg (18KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
smug3.jpg
18KB, 480x309px
I guess he was studying mathematics, theology or any other subject that he was interested in.
>>
My dad was discharged from the navy for beating a faggot or something w/e idk f@m
>>
>>54835188
Fought in the army against the Germans during Case White

after that Partisanism against Krauts with Tito
>>
I dunno, probably partying after we got our independence
>>
>>54838569
From a croatian i'd bet serving in Ustaša
>>
He worked in a sugarcane farm
>>
He was a forest brother and later got deported to Siberia where he fucked a lot of Russian officers' wives. The officers chased him around with an ax.
I should write a comedy screenplay based on his life.
>>
Sold guns the English dropped to some old guy who was afraid of commies.
>>
>>54838783
Lol, it would be bloody thriller
>>
>>54835188

Was forced labourer for the germans, and was send of to Lemberg
>>
File: Grandpa.jpg (98KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
Grandpa.jpg
98KB, 960x672px
>>54835188
He was a ball-turret gunner on a B-17. Flew bombing missions over Germany against some ball-bearing factories. Here's him in Jerusalem after the war. He's top left. Apparently his brother was at Iowa Jima and his entire platoon except him got cut off and killed. Never met either. They both died way before I was born.
>>
>>54835188
Swimming across the Oder and building bridges for Soviet troops.
>>
He was a good man and did nothing wrong
>>
>>54838508
>My dad was discharged from the navy for being a faggot

fix'd 4 u
>>
my grandfather was like 10 and was a terrone and was nearly killed by american soldiers during operation husky or something
>>
>>54838654
No, not everyone was with the Ustaša. Frankly even the Krauts were kinda disgusted with all the shit they were pulling off.

#NotAllCroats
>>
Grandfather on dad's side was getting shipped out for land invasion of Japan right before we dropped the atom bombs. Grandfather on mom's side was stationed in the Aleutian Islands as an engineer waiting for japs to invade alaska
>>
my grandfather on my dad's side was born in 1898 and fought in WW1. my other grandfather was irish and spent the war in the irish "army" doing nothing
>>
>>54835188
>>54835188
On my moms side: Was a deckhand in the Navy and worked on a submarine.

On my dads side: Lived in the bumfuck part of Ireland and his dad was a laborer. He personally didn't care for the Nazis though.
>>
>>54835188
One of them did, we're not supposed to talk about it for a while,you can never give the jew ammo., but he fought i in Basarabia and frontline in Odessa
>>
>>54835188
At my paternal grandfather's funeral, I learned that he fought in Indochina and Algeria (also learned that he lost his parents during WWII). Suddenly I understood why he didn't like foreigners much.
>>
>>54835188
I have ever seen and met a so large number of americans and europeans saying that.
And I realized now that actually most of them just lied to be proud of theirselfes to fullfil their enthusiasm and conceit caused by military movies or animes.

it is totally comish, pathetic to listen and watch that they joyfully talk about "brave stories" of their grandpa
>>
>>54835188
Grandpas Brother was a Lithuanian Nazi Officer in Lithuania got shot by commies when he was like really young.. Dont know much else about him.
>>
one grandpa was machine gunner in ww2 on the nazi side and other side grand grandpa was at soviet army. Officers were real pain in the ass. 2 times he was at deathrow for stupid shit russians did and both time escaped it because so many guys died in assaults and he got amnesty.
>>
>54837555 But they're irrelevant, since they wouldn't have the kids required to become grandparents. The Germans that are alive now MUST have had relatives during the war, because that's how time works. Mine were both too young, maybe not even born. Same deal for my grans. I've known 3 of my Great grans, but we all know what the women did. Shunned the American soldiers for being racist.
>>
>>54840930
yuropeans are blood lusting predators , mr Hiroshima Nagasaki

We take great pride in our past generations of murderers,oppressors and pirates.

something your culture cannot understand.
>>
>>54837555

II
II
\/

>>54841330
>>
Nothing
My grandparents did not participate in the war
>>
>>54835188
One hung out in liberated France because he came over too late to fight and the other was a conscientious objector because Mennonite and worked in the CPS.
>>
>>54835188
Killed 10 japs, one with a bayonet, at Guadalcanal. He was a psycho though, even before the war, and was institutionalized before he passed away. He hated chinks and gooks, and believed that McArther should have nuked China during the Korean War.
>>
Was a SS Hans Goldenbaum
>>
>>54835188
My grandpas were kids at the time, but my maternal great-grandpa was the partisan chief commissioner for the liberated territory of Bela Krajina. I only recently learned this.
>>
Granddad lived through Nazi bombing in Liverpool as a child, great granddad was on a sub in the North Sea.
>>
>>54841591
>McArther should have nuked China during the Korean War.

yet the stupid fucker never had enough common sense as to ask himself why is the US involved in Korea to begin with.

typical american if you ask me
>>
Was in rural southern Spain. When civil war hit they didn't notice it much, even though it was close to the place it started. There was some guy in our family that was a high ranking public officer in Franco's regime, can't find anything on him over the internet.

Somehow I was born in the most anti-Spain separatist place of this shit country. Something about the family participating in the rural exodus towards the city.
>>
>>54835188
he sold metal from his mine to the German army
>>
>>54835188
my grandfather did jack shit during ww2 but my great greatfather fought in ww1
>>
Recieved chocolate from Germans soldiers.
>>
>>54841785
The U.S. was in Korea officially on orders from the UN, unofficially because a communist Korea meant the expansion of Soviet influence in Asia.
>>
>>54835188
My grandfather on my father-I've-never-mets side did that native american navajo code talk thing for the allies.

My father got dishonorably discharged after having a psychological break as a sniper during Desert Storm. Hes a diabetic alcoholic, he drinks himself to near death often from what I have heard, I'll probably never get to meet him before he ends up killing himself.
>>
>>54835472
Ever heard this song? https://youtu.be/ohCw6eXqc_g
>>
My grandfather was a kid in WWII
He tested nukes in Nevada during Korea, and my great grandfather was in the Scottish Army during WWI.
>>
>>54841591
To emphasize how crazy he was, he owned a pig farm that id go visit when I was younger and he was somewhat sane.

He would say that the only thing he was good for after the war was slaughtering pigs.

If you asked him why, he'd say that he learned how to from killing japs, and that the sound they made when you stuck them with a bayonet is like the sound a pig makes when you butcher them.

The fucker was nuts. He said he relived his battles too when he's asleep. It's sad that he got that way, but at the same time he acted so casual when saying it that it freaked you out.
>>
>>54835188
>It was in a single battle against the Japanese, one so irrelevant that it doesn't even have its own Wikipedia page
You will be surprised, but all americunt participation in WW2 is all about irrelevancy.
I'm actually confused that you're so obsessed about this war. It wasn't on your land (even not on your continent) and you got involved only when the result became clear, in the 44th.
So calm down your butthurt about your irrelevant granny and better try another mexican burger.
>>
>>54843124
Why are you butthurt over a completely nuetral comment?
>>
One was busy running the farm, the other was still in Germany doing kraut things.
>>
>>54843124
Ahahahaha you ungrateful fuck
http://ww2-weapons.com/lend-lease-tanks-and-aircrafts/
>In total, Lend Lease armoured vehicles amounted to about 20 per cent of the total number of armoured vehicles manufactured by Russia in WW2
>Far more critical to the Soviet war effort was the supply of tactical vehicles, primarily from the United States. During the war, Russia produced only 343,624 cars and lorries due to the heavy commitment of major automobile factories like GAZ to armoured vehicle production. The USA alone provided the Russians with 501,660 tactical wheeled and tracked vehicles, including 77,972 jeeps, 151,053 1-1/2-ton trucks, and 200,622 2-1/2-ton trucks.
The aid was vital, not only because of the sheer quantity, but because of the quality. While Soviet automotive production concentrated almost exclusively on antiquated copies of American 1930 lorry designs, the vehicles provided under Lend-Lease were modern military designs with multiple powered axles and useful cross-country capability.
>In addition, 15,631 artillery guns and 131,633 sub-machine guns were supplied by the Allies to Russia.

Let's also not forget opening TWO new fronts in Europe that put the pressure to Nazi Germany.

You can apologize to me (and the other Americans ITT) at literally any time.
>>
>>54843589
>seriously arguing with a vatnik
>>
My Grandfather was part of the SA (don't know if forced or volunteerd) and my Great Grandfather was a pilot in the Luftwaffe. Never talked about it so I don't know what he exactly did.
>>
>>54835188
>What did your grandfather do during WWII?
he was 7 years old
Now, my great-grandfather did fought against the austrians in WW1, he got a medal for fighting more than one year and getting injured.

I read his diary, although he barely mentions the war. They are mostly rants against communism and mussolinni.
>>
>>54845843
Oops forgot >>54835188
>>
i dont know they died in like 1970
>>
>>54842625

Yeah, the army band later had played this song and sent to the band. They liked it.
>>
>>54845952
Forgot to mention, my other great-grandfather fought in ww2, he was stationed in libya where he got capture relatively early on and spent the rest of the war in prison.
>>
>>54837553

Paraguay was pretty big giving the time and the army doesn't have a inferirity complex. And i dont even think people here like the Navy.
>>
i knew a general that went to italy, he already died, but he told that only one man died with him as general(he became general because no one else wanted to be) a man that jumped on a grenade to save him and the other soldiers
>>
My Great Grandfather served in Tsarist army, after Bolshevik Revolution he moved to Poland and married young widow(my Great Grandmother) which lost her husband at war(he fought on German side). During WW2 he was arrested by NKVD(someone reported them he said "When first Polish soldier arrive to our city, i will give him my best pair of shoes(he owned shoe shop)" then later by Gestapo(same reason, they had documents left by Reds). After war he moved to Warsaw and helped to rebuild it.
>>
>>54835188
One was a radio operator on a submarine, the other was a paratrooper. Both are dead though.
>>
>>54835188
got caught by russians and detained at some facility like a poc in siberia. i heard from him that dozen of people died for working as slave and of starvation. although he was so tough and good at getting around shit so could survive.
>>
>>54844458
>being a Jew

You realize the USSR is the biggest reason you can even post, right? Nazi Germany wasn't going to defeat itself. Nobody talks about the 20 million Soviet dead because only Jewish lives matter when the media is in the hands of your people.
>>
He avoided getting shells dropped on him.
>>
He was a Jeep driver in Europe; fought in the battle for Cologne and even saw Eisenhower at some point. Afterwards he served in the Philippines. My other grandfather was too sick with TB to do anything, but his brother fought all around Europe, including the Battle of the Bulge. His toes got frostbitten and he lost a ton of weight, was about 95 pounds at some point.
>>
One Grandpa was in the Navy, doesn't really talk about it though.
My other Grandpa served as a clerk in Europe because his other 3 brothers were all on the front lines or in the Navy
>>
>>54835188
He fought in the Battle of the Bulge and got wicked PTSD/desensitization from it, was highly decorated though, did something but I never found out because he is dead
>>
Both Grandparents were in the Newfoundland Merchant Navy in the North Atlantic, which was essentially the deadliest waters in the world at the time (also undoubtedly the most important shipping lane during WW2).
They made regular trips with coal, food, oil, and ammunition to Holland during Hongerwinter, also to Liverpool I think.
Based guys, one of them actually had quite the experience
>be my gramps
>on an oil tanker in the middle of the north Atlantic
>suddenly U-Boats
>Oil tanker gets hit
>gramps says fuck it and jumps overboard with his two brothers
>oil tanker explodes and they are saved
wew lads
>>
>>54836362
>pooland
>>
great grandfather died while in the wehrmarcht somewhere in the USSR, not sure where. on the other side of my family my grandfather worked on aircraft in the pacific
>>
Great-grandfather was imprisoned in an internment camp during WWI lel, and my grandfather was too young to fight in WWII
Not very glorious desu. Oh well. My uncle was in Vietnam with the Americans tho, got a purple heart after soaking up a grenade
>>
>>54835188
Grandad was infantry somewhere around Lieksa. Don't exactly know what he did or saw, as he didn't talk to dad much about it and I never got to meet him.

Probably something that fucked him up though. Old Alfred was a violent, morose, alcoholic and immoral man. From what me and my dad managed to find out he sold off stuff he stole from the army to drink away the first two years after the war instead of ever working.

So I guess that's mostly what he was doing. Stealing.
>>
Mine escaped from a concentration camp
great-grandfather, that is.
>>
File: Uncle Joe.jpg (31KB, 338x310px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Joe.jpg
31KB, 338x310px
>>54848288
>Mine escaped from a concentration camp
which one?
>>
Both gramsp fled Japan before the war after families lost everything. Both still have farms and cattle and hate BRs for bullying their communities for being nips during the war.
>>
>>54835188
both my grandfathers fought in the Pacific with the Navy. Neither liked to talk about the war. I learned later that my mother's father captured a Japanese soldier in 1-on-1 combat and that when he brought him back to base, the marines shot him in the head. Don't know any stories about my father's father except that he served in the Pacific.
>>
File: sweden yes.png (292KB, 700x636px) Image search: [Google]
sweden yes.png
292KB, 700x636px
>>54835732
>Sadly the old man passed away few years ago
Why? Aren't you glad he hasn't had to witness modern Sweden? It sounds like he would have hated it.
>>
>>54848855
Yes sure there's that but he was the only one i could bring my problems to. also checked up the money i got was around 24000USD
>>
Grandfather on mother's side was from a rich family, so he became a navy pilot and had a great adventurous war, full of piracy and stealth and shit, went to Japan once and almost a second time. Surrendered in the USA and got one of those super cozy prisoner camps they had in their homeland for 1-2 years, where they basically weren't involved in the war.

Dad's side was just a peasant's son, so he got frontline infantry in Russia, lost most of his friends, almost starved, in the end went to Gulag. My father didn't see him in the first 10 years of his life.
>>
fled from great Österreich to the this beautiful country country of wealth and opportunities
>>
>>54835188
One of my grandpas died in WW2.
>>
One was a young lad
I think his road got bombed during the blitz, but everyone lived
Not sure about the other one. I don't even know how old he is
>>
>>54849247
Did he come back from the Gulag?
>>
>>54835188
My grandparents had a business and were regular Nazis.
But my granduncle on my mothers side was a fighter pilot and everyone always says what a nice and upright guy he was

He got shot down over Athens, there's a memorial plate with his name on it
>>
>>54835188
fucking nothing, he was a 15 year old autist that did IRL shitposting in some rural village (which he hasn't been out of all his life except for visiting athens once)
>>
>>54849397
Oh yea I know one great-grandfather was definitely in the merchant navy in 1947 because that's when he, my great grandmother and some of their children immigrated from India, so I would assume he at least saw the back end of the war
>>
>>54849407
Yeah they were lucky. Here's what he told my father:

They all arrived there half dead and the Gulag wasn't built and it was only a short time til it would get really fucking cold, and they and possibly their Soviet guards would die. So the Germans talked among themselves, and then sent an officer to the Soviets who told them they would plan and build the fuggin camp so no one would freeze. Since the Soviets had no better idea, it was done. They managed to build enough housing so most people survived. After this, they had an ok relationship with the Soviet Guards.
>>
>>54848503

>nips chimpout because >muh empire
>get BTFO by truckers
>still mad this day

lel
>>
>>54849666
fucking kek, so typical, German industrialization saves the day
>>
My great-grandfather was a navy officer.
He was at Matsuyama base, so-called the last homeland defense best corps.
One day there was an alert against B29.
Zeros rose up to, but they were not able to reach B29s because B29s flied so high in the sky.
He was not able to do anything.
Suddenly, he saw a great flash on the other side of sea of Setonaikai.
It was 6th August, 1945.
>>
one hungred grunts against five Germans
>war
>>
File: 14522995974380.jpg (50KB, 430x450px) Image search: [Google]
14522995974380.jpg
50KB, 430x450px
>>54843589
>In total, Lend Lease armoured vehicles amounted to about 20 per cent of the total number of armoured vehicles manufactured by Russia in WW2
That is totall bullshit.
The only important part of LL was trucks and aluminium, american trucks was way better than soviet and many of WW2 soviet planes was made of american aluminium. But "about 20 per cent of the total number of armoured vehicles" is a rough lie.
>>
>>54847163
Isn't there some sort of Arned Forces registry or something where you can find out about relatives service history?
I suppose you could look into that incase you ever decide you want to know what he did
>>
>>54835188
Drafted into the Army Air Service in '44, and didn't even finish training before VJ Day
>>
Mine was a infantryman with the 78th Infantry Division. He fought at the Battle of the Bulge as well as Remagen and brought back all kinds of cool Nazi shit. After that, he left the Army and joined the Air Force so he could drop napalm on the norks.
>>
>>54849397
>>54849601
Hurr I am an idiot
I also know that I have a great grandfather who was an American soldier who came over during WW2 and impregnated my great grandmother with my grandmother. Then there's the story of my great grandmother finding out her aunt was her biological mother and her mother was her aunt when she was like 40 because of the taboo at the time surrounding single unwed women having children
Thanks, America
>>
oh boy.
one volounteered for stalingrad (for the russians)
the other one was younger and was a student at that time. Was liberating belgrade with partisans. Dude is still alive today and 92. Most of my family live very very long. That's on my father's side, on my mother's I don't know much
>>
>>54849763
>two divisions against one woman
>war
>>
Got firebombed in Nagoya.
>>
>>54849092
Sorry for your loss. What will you do with the dosh
>>
File: us planes ww2.jpg (108KB, 1280x1023px) Image search: [Google]
us planes ww2.jpg
108KB, 1280x1023px
Maternal grandfather got a bronze star with the army in the Pacific

Paternal Grandfather got such a high score on his pre-enlistment test with the Army that they put him in officer school and he landed at Normandy. He made it up to Colonel before the war ended and was basically in charge of Army logistics in post-war France before Degaulle kicked the US out of the country
>>
>>54835188
Yugoslav Partisan and took back Belgrade :^)
>>
>>54850279
hello, our grandpops must've been good friends :3
>>
>>54850034
>in Nagoya.
>>
File: tunnel-rat-1.jpg (99KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tunnel-rat-1.jpg
99KB, 320x240px
>tfw grandparents were all still in Mexico so no interesting WWII stories
A-at least a bunch of my mom's cousins were drafted for Vietnam (the shortest was a tunnel rat and still has ptsd)
>>
>>54850360
>mfw im bosniak
>he helped tito rather than ustasa
>assassinated in the square of the town I'm from.

Feels man, feels.

my other grandfather got sent to Auschwitz as a POW.

Maybe they knew each other.
>>
>>54850513
jeez, by who?
My Grandpops later got a respectable rank in the military (colonel I think). So we we're pretty good off in the commie era. He was from Montenegro, and had lots of bosniak friends
>>
File: 12312312142412424.jpg (69KB, 657x340px) Image search: [Google]
12312312142412424.jpg
69KB, 657x340px
>>54850602
Ustasa probably.
thats pretty cool. my grandfather is the 4th one (from left to right)
>>
File: potionmerchant.jpg (83KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
potionmerchant.jpg
83KB, 500x714px
>>54835188
He went to basic training. Had a heart murmur or something or other.
Never deployed, and eventually the war ended.
Grandma was his high school sweetheart and followed him from base to base on the troop train.
Not complaining desu.
>>
Great gandfather got captured by the SS and put in a concentration camp. He managed to escape and travelled back to Paris. He started working again in his old job in Le Bon Marché but one of his coworkers denounced him. When the Germans came for him one of his other coworkers told him he had to bail the fuck out so he fled to Normandy.

That's pretty much all I know about him. He was Spanish and loved going to the movie theatre. He died in a bus accident. His son (my grandfather) almost got killed along with him because he offered him to come with him but my grandfather preferred to see a movie with my great grandmother instead.
>>
My great grandpa only ever told one story from WW2.

He was at Iwo Jima stuck in a horrible battle, and a japanese guy surrendered.

His superior officer then said to my great grandad "take the prisoner back to base and be back in 10 minutes"

There was no base, certainly not within 10 minutes, what the officer meant was "take this man away from here and execute him"

I have the japanese guy's good luck flag in a box somewhere, sometimes thought about taking it to the japanese embassy, seeing if they could return it to the guy's family.
>>
He was an everyman, very tall green eyed, good looking and towered everyone like a giant. He owned cattle and ran a butcher shop.
>>
My great uncle was in Operation Market Garden, and fought at Hell's Highway
>>
>>54835188
My grandfather was too young, but my great grandfather fought in SE Asia against the Japs. Hand to hand combat at least once, which would've been brutal. He ended up not being able to go to Remembrance Day or ANZAC day due to the memories. He drank the rest of his years away until he committed suicide. Sad, I really would've liked to meet him.
>>
>>54835188
My grandfather was busy being born in 1947. My GREAT grandfather was a naval ensign serving on a destroyer that I don't know the name of.
>>
>>54839435
>navy
>discharging gays
wat
>>
Fled Poland, became a biology professor, married one of his students who was 13 years older than my father when he was born in 1960.
>>
nothing
theyre all fucking south american spics
fuck
>>
Grandfather on my dad's side was a Marine and fought in the Pacific. Grandma on dad's side was a Marine and did medic work in the Pacific.

Grandpa on mom's side was a cook in the Navy during the war
>>
>>54851981

Also, he left a bunch of bastard children in Poland, so there's probably a shot poster/pedophile on this board I'm related to.
>>
>>54852057

Zoot suit riots.

>>54852057

Lol were your paternal grandfathers faggots.
>>
>>54850418
Go back and build wall Pablo.
>>
Great-grandfather on father's side. Was rich enough to pay off the conscription guys away. Commies killed him because he was a large landlord in 1946. House was degaced with "here lived Marin, the peoples' traitor" and his family was not allowed to remove it well into the 80s when grandfather became a part of the controlled opposition.
Mother's side had a war correspondent/photographer, and got promoted to officer at one point when he returned from anti-partizan operations in Yugoslavia. Grandmother sold all of the war stuff to get a motorcycle to smuggle gas to the serbs in the 90s.
>>
>>54835188
Fought against germans in the loyalist chetnik brigade.
Then colaborated with germans when churchil chose to support the comunists instead.
Then killed comunists, had to kill some of his own distant family members.
It was all ambush type of killing, deep in forests and mountains.
Then after the village surrendered to the comunists, he got recruited by the comunists and shoved dead croatians into caves, executed a few, all in the name of brotherhood and union of peoples republic of yugoslavia.
His entire surviving family got spared by the comunists because he joined them at the end of the war.
The other grandpa from my moms side was a muslim bosnians and he deserted from every army that caught him.
Got some of his toes cut off by the croatians when he got caught. Lost an eye later when the chetniks beat him.
>>
>>54852795

Your paternal grandfather is a turncoat bastard.
>>
>>54835188
My grandpa who died fifty something years ago was in the invasion of Normandy and always bragged about it, but he was mostly a gifted musician so he just played random instruments for the commanders so that he didn't have to do any actual fighting in the invasion. Grandpa Harry Metzger also writes like shit, as can be seen in the many old letters that have been passed down to me.
>>
>>54852919
what the fuck was he supposed to do say no and get his entire family shot and buried in a pit, so that commies can say that the germans or colaborators did it?
>>
My great grandfather was in the navy when his ship was sunk by Italians in the middle of the Adriatic.
He swam for several days until he reached the coast. When they found him, he was awarded a Partisan medal of bravery.
Although that's pretty cool, I don't see how just swimming for your life is considered brave. Anyone would have tried to do that. I don't think he fired a single bullet during WWII, either. It's still a good medal though, we still keep it in our house.
>>
>>54852919
YOU DONT KNOW MAAAAAN YOU WERENT THEERE
>>
>>54835188
My grandpa was born in 1935, so nothing.
>>
>>54853091

Turn partisan, Jesus.
>>
>>54853408
Well he did, at the end of the war. Shot fleeing croats and buried them. Did what commesar told him. Came home a free man because of it.
>>
>>54851434
You probably should.
>>
File: IMG_1336.jpg (1MB, 2670x2248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1336.jpg
1MB, 2670x2248px
US Navy here. Both my grandpas were in the war, one was a Marine, the other Army. I come from a military family. Grandad in the Pacific was in the Battle of Tarawa. Grandad in Europe was in the Netherlands and Germany, late war. He got shot in the back and also bragged before he died at 90 while in the hospital that it was the first time he'd been in the hospital since that time, which was true. Alpha as fuck tbqh lads. He also brought this hat back which is now mine.
>>
>>54853971
Holy....
That hat.....
>>
File: 1455060683281.jpg (134KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1455060683281.jpg
134KB, 960x540px
>>54835188
we weren't involved in WW2 but i know that my great grandfather served as artillery officer during the independence war, fought in western anatolia
>>
Designed the holding and release mechanisms for Fat Boy and Little Man.

I have the medal he got for it. He didn't know they were for nukes or anything, just got a weight / size / shape spec and went with it.
>>
>>54853971

How do the local women treat the navy personnel?
>>
>>54854152

>just imagine the biggest possible bomb you can
>and it's really important they don't fail
>>
>>54835188
Fled to a shithole country in south america.
>>
>>54854158
Well, I'm with my wife here, so I have not had experience with Japanese women, but I think it's just like any other kind of person. It depends on a lot of factors. Your looks, behavior, etc.
>>
>>54853971
Did he kill fitty men?
>>
>>54854062
Don't know the story of how he got it. Probably just found it in a locker or something.
>>
>>54854415
lol I don't think so. He got a bronze star but probably not going Rambo.
>>
>>54835188

He was in the airforce and served in the North African campaign
>>
>>54835188
drove a radio truck or some shit during the d-day landings
>>
File: 1454981037816.jpg (97KB, 985x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1454981037816.jpg
97KB, 985x1075px
My Grandpa was in the pacific idk much else
>>
Mine was a kid at the time and also poor as fuck so he went hungry sometimes. He and his sister once found some thrown out chocolates, so obviously the ate them, but turns out they were poisoned. Luckily they survived. Great grandfather was a soldier though, but I don't know where or what he did, since he died while I was a little kid and I barely remember him.
>>
>>54835188
Buying tons of gold, guns, cattle and land while avoiding taxes, fucking bitches, fighting gypsies and snitching the proto-commies you see ruling the country today.
We never liked this cuck shit called war.
>>
>>54854605
>t. Ghengis
>>
>>54854759
I'm late to the party, can someone explain the mongolian/KAHN'D meme with Australia that's popped up recently?
>>
he was just a boy living on a farm, the only thing he has mentioned is how he saw V-1 rockets fly over
>>
>>54854784
See
>>54854493
>>
>>54835188
Taking care of his family after serving in the army for the Chaco War
>>
File: image.jpg (345KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345KB, 1152x2048px
>>54835188
Yo I still my have this from gramps.
>what should I do with it?
>>
grandpa from dad's side served in the coast guard and shot some deserters and russian infiltrators.

Grandpa from my mother's side served on the frontlines and got super PSTD from killing teenage russians and then went bonkers for a while collecting skulls and bones from the enemy dead. Later on he was medicated enough with meth and alcohol to be semi-sane to act as a farmer and smuggler during the peace time.
>>
>>54836322
סבא שלך נשמע בחור מדהים מתי הוא עלה לארץ?
>>
>>54835188
>What did your grandfather do during WWII?
mother side is in the rice fields
father side is an accountant
>>
My grandfather was drafted for vietnam, and when people got in a pillow fight the first day he had an asthma attack and had to go home.
Great grandpa on my dads side was in ww2 i think, never met him barely heard of him
>>
>>54855274
>Grandpa was in Vietnam
>under age detected
>>
Messed about in a finnish field somewhere.
>>
>>54855304
Turned 18 last october mr. nippon-san
>>
File: 1364162205694.jpg (442KB, 936x852px) Image search: [Google]
1364162205694.jpg
442KB, 936x852px
>>54835188
English side was Merchant Navy (one of the first men to get cured of TB which is cool I guess).

German side was Luftwaffe. Didn't pry to hard their lads.
>>
>>54835188
Mine flew a B-17 and carried out many successful missions in Europe before he was shot down over Sicily in his last mission, at least from what I've heard.
>>
Manhattan project.
Feels pretty good man.
>>
>>54855551
Janitor?
>>
>>54835188
lost one grandfather on the western front fighting the germans

my other grandfather was too busy being born at the wrong time, and his father was a priest so he never fought
>>
>>54855575
Physical chemist. Went on to work on skylab.
>>
>>54855551
did scientists pulled a prank on your father and named their output 'fat man'?
>>
Great Grandfather was in the Waffen SS

Both Grandfathers were in the Korean war
>>
He was a surgeon in Utah repairing wounded from the Pacific Theater. Patrician as fuck.
>>
>>54855626
Nope. He was skinny as fuck.
>>
Maternal grandfather was a medic stationed by the Norwegian border. He mentioned they traded moonshine for rations with the Germans. .
>>
>>54835188
Great Great uncle served in a Canadian Regiment under UK control in Hong Kong. Got captured in 1940 and survived being captured for 5 years..

Family tries to cover up a lot of details about him, think he kind of turned in to a supervillain or something. Said he came back "a ghost"

He was a French Canadian too. Federalist family.
>>
>>54842999
tfw I killed a pig by slitting it's throat.. kinda changed me. Shit's fucked yo
>>
>>54853971
omg I love military nazi stuff. you're lucky to have this rarity.
>>
>>54849666
That's strange, nobody usually comes back from Gulag. My grand grandpa didn't.
>>
File: 142753021365.jpg (59KB, 871x960px) Image search: [Google]
142753021365.jpg
59KB, 871x960px
>>54835188
German pilot, was hit on combat. Ran away when shit got bad in Germany. He lived in San Salvador, got a nice girl, had 2 kids, died of old age
>tfw Im considered ''menonita''
>no one will believe me
>>
I have one...sorta.

He is my great...uncle, dont know if counts but many relatives have told me he fought in the WWII as a marine i think, againts the japanese couple of times.

Then he fought in Korea. He promised me he was going to tell me all his war stories but we dont have the time for it (and he lives in the states).
>>
>>54855304
my dad was draft age to fight in vietnam, got out cuz his draft number was so low (he had bad eyesight)
>>
>>54835188
He doesn't care
>>
>>54856126
what's your last name?
>>
File: irishmane.png (451KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
irishmane.png
451KB, 641x480px
my grandpa was Military police in anchorage.
>>
>>54856126
>german pilot

haha that's what they all said, Hitler's followers all moved to south America where they could escape persecution because the allies had europe and africa and asia by the balls
>>
My Mom's dad was weird. Never met him, he died before I was born. But every story I hear is nuts. He was in the North Dakota National guard and made Major, and then he got tranferred into the army as part of the Americal division, they were in Guadacanal before the marines. Shit was fucked up, they weren't expected to come back. He spent 3 days in a fox hole cradling his counsin's corpse. The had trouble talking him back to reality.
Lived Through the war, lost one eye and was half blind in the other. He was a chronic alcoholic who drunk drove everywhere, he used to beat the shit out of his wife and kids. Even drunk and blind he once shot a snake at the end of his backyard with a .45.
>>
>>54858190

My Dad's dad just passed way this weekend. He got drafted in '44, served with the army in France. Helped liberate Bitche, not sure where else. Used to sleep with leg holes cut in his sleeping bag so fuckers couldn't catch him off guard.
We're pretty sure he had some kind of undiagnosed autism spectrum disorder, and probably some kind of PTSD on top of that. Never really came home from the war, it was all he ever wanted to talk about. He talked about it more than he talked about his wife or anyfuckingthing except Chess. He loved chess and he was super good at it too, I don't know his rank or anything but he always beat me. He was kind of an asshole, but he always tried to help his family, in his own way.
>>
>>54835188
I think he was an aircraft mechanic in Hawaii. He was half black so if I recall correctly he faced some discrimination problems when it came to enlisting.

Don't know much at all about my grandfather on the other side, about 99% certain he was crying and shitting his pants or swimming around in his father's nutsack.
>>
>>54858307

Bonus story about my uncle: He was in the navy in the Pacific. He had three separate boats sunk out from under him, including one at Pearl Harbor. The third time it happened he swallowed some burning oil by accident and they had to relpace part of his stomach with a sheep's stomach, or so I always heard.
He died alone in his apartment. No one came to check on him for a few weeks so he decomposed and his bodily gasses bloated him up so much he fucking exploded all over his fucking apartment. They had to clean him off walls. When he was buried at sea (what was left of him) he refused to have any religious rite performed. While cleaning out his apartment, they found a porno VHS in in VCR.

It was a weird generation.
>>
File: john-cena-face-happy-to-sad.gif (158KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
john-cena-face-happy-to-sad.gif
158KB, 260x187px
>>54857424
>Hitler's followers all moved to south America
tfw there are millions of germans living in brazil
>>
Grandpa on my dad's side was in the Army doing landings against Japan. He was supposed to be part of the deployment onto mainland Japan before the nukes.

Grandpa on my mom's side was from Southern Rhodesia so he fought w/ the Brits, I think in North Africa and then Europe.
>>
>>54835188
Fought in the KMT. Escaped to HK after the CCP won.
>>
My paternal grandfather (born in Austria) was too young to serve during the war but his brothers did, one of whom was killed in action.

My maternal grandfather was born after the war. My great grandfather on that side of the family did fight and came home broken, killing himself not long after returning.
>>
1. (Dead) Wasn't in WW2 but was a fighter pilot during the Korean War
2. (Gran remarried) Was in the Coast Guard

3. Was in the eastern theatre, fixing telephone lines and towers, keeping allied communications running. (he wasn't at the front)
>>
>>54855058
Learn proper storage and keep it you dumb fuck.
>>
File: hitler mussolini.jpg (59KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
hitler mussolini.jpg
59KB, 700x525px
My father was the result of the love between an italian and a german.
>>
My great grandad fought in the trenches at the Somme, but he got gassed and was sent home.
>>
>>54858757
if you're not taking advantage of those passport opportunities you're wasting everyone's time
>>
>>54851951
They did, the main naval base in WW2 was san fransico, they kicked all the fags out of the navy whenever they were exposed and they hung around in san fransisco, which is why it's filled with queers to this day
>>
>Dad's dad

Was a maths teacher and got drafted to teach navigators how to do trigonometry, got deployed in india and egypt

>Mum's dad

Was too young to get draft, spent his childhood as a cattle drover
>>
Working
>>
>paternal grandfather
Too young to serve

>maternal grandfather
Went to greece, got shot in the leg, went home
>>
>>54858597
By eastern theatre I mean Europe.
Oh and my granduncle (brother of #1) was the navigator for a B-17 that flew in night raids over Germany
>>
elite kraut-rusing forces based in calais :^)
>>
all four of my grandparents died in the blitz, by the same bomb.
>>
File: 1390037624821.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1390037624821.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>54858991
Lamoing @ ur inbred family senpai
>>
>>54835188
africa and then japan. massacred a bunch of japs while liberating one of the Philippine Islands which may have fucked him up a bit.

other grandpa was a colonel in korean war.
>>
File: 20160209_232052[1].jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160209_232052[1].jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>54835188
My great-grandfather spied on Germans. After being captured he was lined up against a wall and shot in the back of the head a day or so after the war ended. Here's his metal of honor

My grandmothers family helped hide an ex-italian soldier and basically saved his life.
>>
>>54835188
He was still at the US Naval academy at the time. My other grandfather was fighting the Japanese in China for the Communists.
>>
>>54835188
Was an Aircraft Mechanic during the cold war, joined in 53 -76 ,was stationed all over from alert to hawaii. Lived in Baden-soelligen where my mom was born,
>>
>>54835188
Italian who I don't know why he fought WWII

when italy got destroyed he came here and lived off pensions, that were pretty generous I must say
>>
>>54835188
He mostly just went around northwestern Europe in the 35th Infantry in the army, typical for most Americans on that front. However his division was among the first to arrive in the Rhine which is interesting
>>
>>54849989
Nice my great grand father fought for partisans too in Bosnia,
>>
Sri Lankan diaspora here one of my grandparents was in the Ceylon defense force and fought in se asia, other was in the British army

>tfw British stopped Canadian /commonwealth citizens from joining British military unless you have 5 years of residence

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee Canadas military is going to shit
>>
>>54859318
if real that's pretty cool. minus getting shot in the head.
>>
He worked, and worked hard. He wasn't a dirty jew savage from a non-neutral country so he wasn't inolved in that murderous faggotry.
>dying for your government overlords
>>
My American grandfather was an engineer for B-17s and his plane almost went down in a bombing run, also he sat in the Enola Gay. My grandfather from New Zealand was pretty young, his dad went to fight but didn't like to talk about. He hates japs liek hell though. Also my aunt's grandfather (no bloodline relations) killed like twenty people in the battle of the bulge
>>
>>54835188
One grandfather was in the navy on some ship protecting convoys in the Atlantic
Other grandfather went to Okinawa, never told anybody the details, would tell people that the japanese were animals with no morals, plus he got a silver star for something
>>
My great great grand father was intimately involved with choosing what Japanese cities to nuke, and other shit related. Being directly related to so many deaths is a strange feeling, probably explains why most of us are alcoholics.
>>
The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress, July 9, 1918, takes pride in presenting the Silver Star (Army Award) (Posthumously) to Pharmacist's Mate First Class Glen Frederick Slipsager (NSN: 3417988), United States Navy, for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action against the enemy while serving as a Medical Corpsman on the Minesweeper U.S.S. FINCH (AM-10), in the Philippine Islands. When a formation of enemy Japanese bombers launched a severe attack on Caballo Island, Manila Bay, on 10 April 1942, Pharmacist's mate First Class Slipsager, acting at the time as a representative of the U.S.S. Finch at a conference of medical officers at the Fort Hughes' sick bay, upon hearing the report that an Army observation post at the top of the island had been caved in, immediately ran to the scene of the disaster and commenced the task of rescue by digging with his steel helmet. A second stick of bombs fell nearby, blowing off the top of the covered observation post and throwing him many feet down the hill. Though pinned under a falling body, he released himself, hurried back and rescued two soldiers who were stunned, when the concussion of a third attack struck the whole party off their feet, rolling them down the steep hill. Pharmacist's Mate First Class Slipsager again got them on their way to the sick bay shelter while administering first aid, until he fainted from shock and overexertion. Pharmacist's Mate First Class Slipsarger's gallant actions and selfless devotion to duty, without regard for his own safety, were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service.
>>
>>54860980
What a good lad
>>
>>54842483

Sorry to hear that. Are you a Navajo?
>>
Tended a victory garden and trapped rabbits
>>
>>54835188my dads father operated an anti-air gun, never fired a single shot. He was about to be sent to the front when the peace treaty was signed.
His father though was a Jaeger and received training in Germany during WW1, came back to Finland and fought in the civil war, leading some troops against the Reds. Apparently his brother ordered the death of maybe hundreds of red prisoners, but great-grandpa claimed he had no part in that.
After the war he went to practice law and was part of the Lapuan movement(a radical right wing, anti-communist movement), but left after they started doing illegal activities. After that he got diabetes, had his leg amputated and later died on the disease.
>>
Both fought in nth Africa greece crete was told of bayonet charges against Italians without being allowed bullets Italians always ran away had respect for the Germans tho
>>
File: 1452278742605.jpg (21KB, 393x385px) Image search: [Google]
1452278742605.jpg
21KB, 393x385px
>Grandpa brought back Nambus, Akisakas, and samuari swords from Japan
>Dumbfuck parents sold all of them
>>
>>54835188
One was in the Dutch Resistance frequently robbing the home of a NSB member, which is the Dutch NatSoc Party.
The other was said NSB member.

Imagine their reunion 20 years later.
>>
One Grandpa was doing something with convoy's in the Navy. I'm not certain, he died young.

The other was working radar on a B-17 bombing the shit out of German targets.
>>
File: 1453944988080.jpg (193KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
1453944988080.jpg
193KB, 600x739px
>>54862248
>The other was working radar on a B-17 bombing the shit out of German targets.
Nice
>>
>>54855058
That's a MK III from WWI, was he in the reserves or something?
>>
Ma's went to pilot school where they found out he didn't have depth perception, slammed the Harvard trainer into the airstrip. Pa's was training for airplane mechanic when it ended.
>>
dunno about my grandfather, but my grandmother were having a nazi collaborator bf when the nazis were winning, when the nazis started losing she dumped him, and when the British liberators arrived, she got a british soldier bf. the british soldier later dumped her and my she married a peasant farmer. the nazi collaborator bf was never punished for being a nazi and he became rich as fuck
>>
>>54835188
Seducing my grandmother, eating almost nothing.
>>
Great grandpa was in the navy. Not sure which ship. There is a pic of him next to a deck gun. He always called brits limeys.

One of my grandpas was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam.
>>
File: bald-eagle.jpg (50KB, 640x388px) Image search: [Google]
bald-eagle.jpg
50KB, 640x388px
>>54835188

Reminder that the US single-handedly crushed it in the Pacific in WW2. '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Allies''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' BTFO.
>>
>>54856079
>>54856079
It wasn't exactly unusual for German POWs to come back from Russia. The quota is roughly that 1 of 3 died.

The story of my maternal grandfather is a lot nicer: Among other stuff her served on the auxiliary cruiser Atlantis, a raider ship that targeted British supply lines and stole a genuine copy of the British Far East India strategy, which was later given to Japan.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_auxiliary_cruiser_Atlantis
The captain of the Atlantis, Rogge, was a nice fellow who would go out of his way to prevent civilian casualities, and always rescue the crew of ships he sank. Admiral Dönitz actually cited his support for Rogge during the Nuremberg Trials to demonstrate not being Nazi (Rogge had a Jewish grandmother).

My grandfather actually got off the Atlantis before it was sunk, and later landed on U-234 when it tried to transport Uranum and 2 ME-2s to Japan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-234
The submarine did not reach Japan before Germanys surrender, and its captain followed Dönitz last order to surface and surrender, rather than go to Japan. The two Japanese military liaisons on board requested to be allowed Seppuku, but the Captain didn't think much of two people cutting themselves open on his submarine, and took away their swords, leaving them to commit suicide with an overdose of barbiturates. They were buried at sea.

So my maternal grandfather went to an American POW camp, where no one knew of the misery of a war that actually touches your country, or the hatred born of it (and still don't - which is probably why the Americans are so likely to speak of war as if there was some platonic ideal of it to aspire to). He had a nice stay and learned English and to play the Banjo while he was there.
>>
>>54835188
Other grandpa was too young to participate. Other was old enough to take part of the war for a few months. Lost half of his squad members during some landing, but he never talked about that, just once he told some of his army friend was one time shot right next to him. There were some other happenings he talked more often, like how soviet bombardment turned a potato field around and they had easy meal.
>>
>>54841340
Japan has their fair share of genocides tbhfam
>>
Joined the nazis and froze to death in Stalingrad,life well spent I guess
>>
>>54845952
Publicá los diarios fampai
>>
>>54835188
War photographer in the Pacific on my moms side

Disqualified on my dads side.
>>
>>54864737
Are you black?
>>
What war? :^)
>>
>>54864700
Ustaše scum
>>
Landed on Juno beach was part of Operation market garden. I've been told he was a M1919 Browning manchine gunner. (he was a born Canadian )
>>
>>54864851
as a Sudtiroler he was drafted into the German army, deserted, worked for the Italian army as a translator, received his own death penalty order to translate, made a run for his life into the mountains

i'm really proud of him, dying for an ideal you disagree with for a country that's not even yours would be stupid
>>
>>54862219
lol dumb fuck parents indeed senpai
>>
>>54864464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJkWu5mW-8
>>
>>54865075
He was actually in the Canadian army, not the U.S.
I've been told he had seen some really heavy fighting, I remeber he use never talk about the war;however I do remeber playing Medal of Honor when I was a kid , hewalk up to the tv screen and pointed to the ships and said " I was on those ships" and then walk away.
>>
My grandfather died when my dad was 3
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.