[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Brazil society. In particular how unified it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 26

File: maxreshue.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxreshue.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
Redpill me on Brazil society.
In particular how unified it is and how serious are racial differences and racism, if there is any.

I've heard that the Portuguese didn't care about racemixing, so mixed population goes back for a long time and racial differences are not that important. You also get this feeling from Brazil movies (Cidade de Deus - whites, mestizos, mulattos and blacks living together in poverty in the favela). On the other hand Brazil was the last country that abolished slavery which is a pretty big contradiction. Capoeristas told me that there is still a big difference in living standard between the North (black and poor) and the South (white and rich) in Brazil and the more black your skin colour is the more likely you are dirt poor living in a favela. How true is this?
>>
Are you seriously asking this kind of question on 4chan?

What kind of answer do you expect?
>>
>>53969021

It's easy as fuck for foreigners from Europe, Asia or Africa adapt here.

About the racism, there are lot of racist people in this country, especially against neighbour countries like Bolivia. But in general it's 50/50. Some people are racist, some people aren't, and people tend to make couples similar to their skin colour
>>
>>53969661

why everyone hate bolivians ?
>>
>>53969021
There are rich blacks, poor blacks,rich whites, poor blacks, but in general whites are richer.
Plus, if you're black and you are out in the streets after midnight you might get stopped by the police, if you're white this won't happen.
Generally people don't care THAT much about race since almost no one here is a pure breed and brothers can have different "races" by the census (i'm listed as white and my brother as pardo because he came off darker)
But there are a lot of annoying "anti-racist" blacks who are actually racists
link related, some (rich as fuck) black girl complaining that there are almost no blacks in that class (in the best college in brazil) and that they deserve because >muh historical debt but she studied in a expensive as fuck college and has a white husband
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-i66_24eJg
>>
>>53970069
>rich whites, poor whites
fixed
>>
>>53969021
It is because even with the slaves most slaveowners had a patronizing attitude with them. Most people weren't big plantation slave owners that segregate them and put them apart from family. Some people considered them part of the family and even had children with them. Just like in ancient Rome. But yeah huge plantation owners used to segregate them like in the USA because they were considered a inferior race. And that is how Bunda and the pardo race appeared
>>
Are we going to have these fucking threads every day now?
>>
>>53970069
another nice link
niggress chimping out because >muh no blacks here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0qAvA8tDOc
>>
>>53970069
>if you're white this won't happen.

sure thing nigger
>>
>>53970452
if you're white and got stopped by the police you must look like a thug or a favelado
i've never been stopped by the police at least
>>
>>53969021
Everything you said is pretty true. I'd add that slavery was much more ruthless here compared to the US for example. We had about 5 mil african slaves, they had 450k. And we have very little racial tensions in comparison, so that's quite nice.

The further north you go, the poorer it gets. And darker too. We obviously do have racism, it'd be naive to think otherwise, it's just kinda hidden away behind classicism, which is more of our thing. But the poorer you are, your skin is probably darker (and lighter if you're richer)

We are the most miscigenated country in the world, so it's pointless to talk about race. I'm not black, white or yellow.
>>
>>53969021
True.

There's nothing more to know, what's gonna be posted in this thread is only noise.
>>
>>53970530
there are exceptions though
piauí and ceará are poor and in the northeast but they are way whiter than the nearby states
>>
>>53970530

>We are the most miscigenated country in the world, so it's pointless to talk about race. I'm not black, white or yellow.
Exactly.

I'd add that this is 4chan, so brazilians here are not a good representation of all this. Not to mention OP is retarded to come ask this here. This is probably gonna be the only educated post on this thread.
>>
>>53970597
this.

also, see >>53970530
>>
>>53970606
That's true, yea.
>>
File: idh.jpg (64KB, 624x610px) Image search: [Google]
idh.jpg
64KB, 624x610px
race map:
http://patadata.org/maparacial/
(blue=white green=mixed red=black)
hdi map (pic related)
see any relation?
>>
>>53970530
>>53970530
>>53970530
OP, THIS. You won't get a better answer than this.
>>
>>53969839
because Mestizo complexes. they are ignorant Europe wannabes.
>>
>>53970925

>mestizo complexes

Seriously, fuck native americans
>>
>>53970869

Agora coloca o mapa do saneamento
>>
>>53970371
Hitler was right.

t. Poor white who lives in a low class neighbourhood, always studied on public schools, have never seen a case of racism and study on a private university with a full scholarship.

Today there are basic opportunity (not equal) of study and work for every class and race.

These kinds of whorism is useless and only serves to massage their sour, hurting butthole.
>>
File: tabelaesgoto.png (55KB, 524x767px) Image search: [Google]
tabelaesgoto.png
55KB, 524x767px
>>53971116
São Paulo superior, como sempre.
>>
>>53971182
PS: Scholarshipt gotten due to my studies not handouts.
>>
>>53970869
is amapa actually better than the rest of the north?
>>
>>53969021
>>53970530
>>
>>53971328
idk, never been there
>>
>>53969839
its not that they hate bolivians. The thing is poor people from x country go to y country looking for more oportunities and the reality is that they probably are going to be poorer there., so the young inmigrants go for the easy money robbing and shit making the image of their nation dirty.
>>
>>53971590
To be honest not even that happens. Most people just associate them with poor people. And there were tons of them that came to do every dirty job they can including literally being slaves. Most people don't give a fuck the same for Haitians here
>>
>>53969021
Jesus fucking christ,why don't you just fucking ask them on their respective ''general'',as you can see you're only getting replies from them
>>
>>53970218
It's the Brazilian season. People from north hemisphere is travelling to our warm beaches and Olympics aren't that far off. Also, Brazil is quite cheap for rich people nowadays.
>>
zika virus
>>
>>53970530
I'm sorry for what my country did to you.
>>
>>53977900
portugal brought civilization to brazil.
>>
>>53969021
Portugueses were mixed themselves
>>
>>53977900
what? lol I'm so glad you guys colonized us and not the brits/spanish/anyone else.
>>
>>53969608
>>53970218
>>53972063
Why tho, I'm completely satisfied with the answers and information I got here.

So what's happening right now in Brazil? Is everything about preparing for the Olympics? How is the economy doing? Do you have a better football team now?
How do Brazil people and politicians feel about the complete meltdown in Venezuela? Asking because Brazil was not on bad terms with Chavez back then, even though US would have epected that from every state in South America.
>>
bumping, will make a big reply.
>>
http://www.amren.com/features/2015/11/race-in-brazil-part-i/

http://www.amren.com/features/2015/11/race-in-brazil-part-ii/

tl;dr: It's not racially unified at all.
>>
>>53980448
I think what people are trying to say here is that it's much better than the US and other old colonies.
>>
>>53980539
I mean, it could be, but it's hardly a racial utopia either.
>>
File: immigrants.gif (25KB, 775x274px) Image search: [Google]
immigrants.gif
25KB, 775x274px
>Redpill me on Brazil society
Not that different from European/American.
There are ghettos, niggers, whites, but for the most part we're false moralistic lazy edonists. Our social national indentity is the stereotype of party, dancing, fun and laid back life. this is partially true. but there are serious people, there are otakus, furries, smart people. this is a country with 200 million people living on it and there's rich and poor, theres jungle, beach and cold hills. take that into account.

>In particular how unified it is and how serious are racial differences and racism, if there is any
Culturally its very unified but the elites like to think they're superior european, denying all brazilian culture and appropriating american/european culture. There is no explicit racism but to be honest some 50% of the people here are racist but just dont say it out loud because its against the crime. in the day to day life you cant see racism. regardless. blacks on average make less than pardos who make less than whites. this is a pattern in most countries anyway.

>I've heard that the Portuguese didn't care about racemixing, so mixed population goes back for a long time and racial differences are not that important.

Partially true. Some portuguese were as white as germans and swedes, so they didnt. some were moors and some were mediterranean/french looking. keep in mind portugal was formed by a bunch of crusader knights who were ordered to take back iberia by the catholic church. anyways. that being said, mixed population is 50% of our country. some of the portuguese and by some i mean plenty used to fuck natives. not only the portuguese but also italian, spanish, german, etc immigrants. they used to fuck the slaves.

Comment too long. Will continue in a moment.
>>
>You also get this feeling from Brazil movies (Cidade de Deus - whites, mestizos, mulattos and blacks living together in poverty in the favela). On the other hand Brazil was the last country that abolished slavery which is a pretty big contradiction.
Blacks and whites and pardos do tend to get very well together everybody. The abolishion of slavery was late because back thenthis country was basically ruled by rural oligarchs, farm owners, the slave owning elite who produced everything we exported and imported. slavery was abolished because of english pressure. these things are not exactly in touch with each other. so its not a contradiction, just two separate facts. things changed.

>Capoeristas told me that there is still a big difference in living standard between the North (black and poor) and the South (white and rich) in Brazil and the more black your skin colour is the more likely you are dirt poor living in a favela. How true is this?

Very true. Bahia is the black state capital of Brazil, arround 30 to 50% of blacks are there iirc. Blacks are in bad conditions today because of history and arguably because of being an inferior race. Favelas were formed by freed slaves. They just had nowhere to go when they were fred. No food, no joob. Think about it, if slavery was abolished, would you employ a nigger? Of course not. Thats how favelas were formed.

>So what's happening right now in Brazil?
The economy is shit and leftists are ruining it. Eduardo Cunha the president of the chamber of deputies on federal level is being investigated, he's a very high ranking politician and he's being accused of money laundry and corruption. the higher up level of politics is unstable, ministers are getting fired and hired, old party coaliations are messed up.

will continue.
>>
File: brazilian.jpg (29KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
brazilian.jpg
29KB, 500x271px
>Is everything about preparing for the Olympics? How is the economy doing? Do you have a better football team now?
How do Brazil people and politicians feel about the complete meltdown in Venezuela? Asking because Brazil was not on bad terms with Chavez back then, even though US would have epected that from every state in South America.

I havent seen much news about olympic preparations but most olympic preparations were started arround the same time as those of the world cup so i suppose things will be fine. Economy is shit, we're spending too much on welfare, investors are moving away because they dont like leftists running this country, a lot of investments in oil and energy production turned out to be non rentable and the administration cost also keeps going up. we'll be in deficit for some 2 or 3 years. Football team is as good as that of the last world cup. some analysts think we might not even be able to pass qualification runner ups for russias cup. right wingers of brazil claim venezuela is a hellhole, left wingers claim it as paradise. brazilian foreing relations are good with venezuela though.
>>
also if you have any more questions please ask.
>>
>>53981417
how's your day so far
>>
File: hiki.jpg (163KB, 1006x706px) Image search: [Google]
hiki.jpg
163KB, 1006x706px
>>53981544
I'm a hiki
the concept of day is irrelevant to my species
>>
Post br idioms
>>
>>53981417
Do you feel optimistic about the future of Brazil? Many experts see Brazil as one of the next superpowers, do you think this is true?

Also do you think the crime rate will improve in the future? Would legalizing drugs have an effect on it in your opinion?
>>
>>53981732
>>53981721
we like to say here that brasil is the eternal country of tomorrow
>>
>>53971328
It seems PNUD methodology doesn't work properly for States whose middle-class is composed of (overpaid) government bureaucrats because industry is weak. So Parana and Minas Gerais States, for example, are Amapa tier, behind Rio de Janeiro - despite Rio de Janeiro State breakdown, after militias and drug guerilla displacing almost all of its industry and most of its tourism business.
>>
File: DZnovOF.jpg (561KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DZnovOF.jpg
561KB, 1920x1920px
>>53981732
>>53981821
In all seriousness tho, I'm optimistic in a way.
>>
>>53981821
Hope it works out one day, Brazil would make a very comfy place to retire in the 60+ years when I will get out of work.
>>
File: R5FMaGJ.jpg (565KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
R5FMaGJ.jpg
565KB, 1920x1920px
>>53981965
>>
>>53982023
>>
File: Ba5CIuU.jpg (615KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Ba5CIuU.jpg
615KB, 1920x1920px
>>53982023
>>53982074
fuck sorry
>>
>>53982140

native american zones wil nver go blue, its a curse
>>
>>53981981
Brasil in general is lovely if you have money, thankfully my family is upper class (I'm still a poor student, mind you) so I don't see myself ever leaving my country. I've lived abroad when I was little, and I'd like to do that again for sure, but in the end I'd always return to Brasil. Brs here tend to be self loathing, but I fucking love this country. It just reaaaally fucking sucks if you don't have money here.
>>
>>53981608
A brazilian after my own heart
>>
>>53980378
>So what's happening right now in Brazil?
Political scandals, crime, the usual.
>Is everything about preparing for the Olympics?
None cares much about it outside Rio.
>How is the economy doing?
Terribad. You guys mock Canada, but theirs is much better than ours. At least it's quite cheap for outsiders!
>Do you have a better football team now?
Heck, no. CBF (the government federation that takes care of soccer) is a corrupt-ridden shit, only caring about getting its cut with media and sponsors for the national team. Brazil won't win another World Cup anytime soon.
>How do Brazil people and politicians feel about the complete meltdown in Venezuela?
Leftists are in damage control, rightists (is that a word?) are having a laugh, centrists are at the same time in 'told you so' and 'we hope they ditch that stupid mustache and go the Macri way of life' modes

>Asking because Brazil was not on bad terms with Chavez back then, even though US would have epected that from every state in South America.
Since Lula was elected, our foreign police went bananas. Deals with Venezuela, Cuba, Iran... only the most respectable people around.
>>
File: imadeanautism.png (222KB, 756x488px) Image search: [Google]
imadeanautism.png
222KB, 756x488px
>>53981732
hello czech bro. sorry for delay

>>53981965
>>53982023
>>53981821
im not none of these guys. the guy you replied to is me.

I'm not optimistic. We'll always be lagging in the past. By the time we get to what USA is today in terms of economy and society, world superpowers will already have started colonizing outer space. We could be a superpower but we must start acting now. We need a strong internal industry, produce technology and finished goods, make settlements in the western territorries, make better use of railways and waterways, and sell our resources at a better price. this country is stagnated in terms of politics, theres so much stalling and grindlock and tension between ruling parties this is a bit like the holy roman empire. theres so much that can be done, that should be done, but we just dont.

i expect the crime rates to remain stable. i think we should keep weed illegal, and illegalize cigarretes. i live in sao paulo. i can barely walk arround without a gas mask. i have a homemade one just to go outside. its beijing tier pollution. and cigarettes dont help it much. they should be illegal. more illegal than weed. pic related my mask.

>>53981721
huehuehue
supimpa
eita porra
>>
File: imadeanautismv2.jpg (32KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
imadeanautismv2.jpg
32KB, 620x465px
>>53981732
oops wrong pic.
>>
>>53982262
Brazil seems like a really interesting place and if I ever wanted to move out out from here it is one of my top destinations to go (the other is Argentina, Uruguay or Costa Rica, I love Latin America). The only thing that scares me a bit is the crime, really hope that improves over time and I believe it will.

Brazilians here are generally pretty friendly and really informative (this thread is a great example). Also I kind of like the fact that they acknowledge the problems of Brazil but don't just blame the blacks (like people from the US) and realize it's a complicated issue.

>It just reaaaally fucking sucks if you don't have money here.

To be honest it's like that pretty much everywhere except the Nordics and some western countries.
>>
>>53980448
>>53980753
>>53981178
Interesting read, I don't believe the part about Brazil being a terrible place because it is a racially mixed country tho. I'm far from being a liberal, but I don't think one race is inherently worse than another either. If anything, I believe in geographic determinism. So yes, there are differences between races, but there is always a reason too why it's like that. Is that racist? I don't know, but not necessarily.
>>
>>53982412

no good leaders = wont go anywhere. at least in brazil there is bound to be a t least afew thousands people that wnat to make it a better country, someone has to rally them together 'under a banner' or something

agreed with industry, also gib guarana
>>
>>53982412
>>53982556

That mask looks crazy dude.

I think nobody really expects you to reach the level of the US but just generally improving and becoming a regional power in Latin America (where US influence is gradually declining). If you banned cigarettes you would just create a black market which would fuel more crime, I understand limiting them and taxing them more strongly, I support that in my country too. Legalizing weed would (at least partially) bring it into the main business sphere and gangs would lose some of their income.
>>
>>53982573
I'm glad you think so czechbro. I'm just used to the general degeneracy on 4chan;

>To be honest it's like that pretty much everywhere except the Nordics and some western countries.

That's true, but it sucks a lot more in brasil than in the czech republic, I'd imagine. Or any other truly developed country. That's where I was getting at really.

The crime can be scary, I totally get that. Even people like me who live in the best parts of Rio have at least one mugging story. I've got one myself (and I'm 19).
>>
>>53982639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efAgr7LKNO0
^As much as I hate to say it, this was our last hope. We wont have any gem like him anytime soon. You think Trump is great? This beardman would stump him in a debate. Anti establishment, conservative, patriot, developmentist, redpilled. No one could stop him at debates. Yet he barely managed to get past 10% of all votes. he didnt even make it to the second round of elections. he died of cancer and the party was disbanded.
>>
>>53982556
autist detected. I wouldn't listen to this guy.
>>
>>53982412
>supimpa
>eita porra
Those are not idioms anon.
>>
>>53982886
Yeah true, I do consider Czechia to be western and I was talking generally about the world but you are right, sucks to be poor, especially in a country where being poor can mean living in a favela.

Are there any places that have a reputation for being much more safer than the average? I keep hearing fairly good things about the south, mainly Santa Catarina.
>>
>>53969661
>It's easy as fuck for foreigners from Europe, Asia or Africa adapt here.
No, it isn't. I'm half Brazilian, half German. Daddy's family suffered after being lured by government propaganda to migrate here, and also due to Brazilian weaselness toward "gringos" and tendency to sweep problems under the rug. And after moving from my State to this African country named Rio de Janeiro, I started to understand what this is about. These monkeys thinks I'm a "gringo tourist" because I'm somewhat blond, 1,80m tall and blue-eyed - suddenly I became a foreigner in my own country!
>>
>>53981355
>>53982404
Is the economy bad because of Lula and Da Silva and leftism in general? I mean under Lula Brazil was doing good for quite some time, but of couse than came the crisis. What I mean is the crisis had to have a part in things turning for the worse.
On Venezuela: ofc it's silly now to say that it was a paradise, they went full retard, but leftism can be done smarter than that, for example I've heard Morales is doing pretty good in Bolivia in spite of starting as a Chavez-like leftist.
And beware of the USA, they are not your friends. The moment you get close to becoming a real regional powerhouse they will try to fuck your country up one way or another because the last thing they would tolerate is competition emerging in their home court.
>>
>>53983225
You got that right! Santa Catarina and Paraná are much better compared to the rest of the country. The "região sul"(south region, that is SC, PR and RS) in general are good places to live. I can vouch for Curitiba (capital of PR) particularly. I've got family living there and it's just a great city.

Florianopolis used to be much safer, but nowadays I think it's more or less on the level of SP. I remember a couple years ago, bus drivers in floripa collectively decided to refuse working after 7pm due to safety concerns.

I wouldn't trade rio for anything tho haha
>>
>>53983509
lol I hope this is b8
>>
All of Latin America is extremely racist and clasist.
>>
>>53983771
>extremely racist
lol no, not even a little bit compared to the rest of the world
>clasist
absolutely
>>
>>53983849
oh and talking about Brasil btw, not hispanic america. Don't know if they're racist/clasist.
>>
>>53981417
I wanted to ask you about the rain forests and preserving them. Someone told how important it is to develop the inner territories for Brazil. Can that be really done without causing much harm to the environment?
>>
>>53981721
>"Não adianta chorar sobre o leite derramado" (no reason to cry over spilt milk)
>"Água mole em pedra dura, tanto bate até que fura" (soft water on hard rock, hits enough to drill it (it's hard to translate this one))
>"Quando um burro fala, o outro baixa as orelhas" (when a donkey speaks, the other one lowers its ears)
>"As melhores fragrâncias estão nos menores frascos" (the best fragrancies are inside the smallest bottles)
>"Ladrão que rouba ladrão tem 100 anos de perdão" (a thief that steals from another thief is pardoned for 100 years)
>"Deus ajuda quem cedo madruga" (God helps who wakes up early)
>"Beleza não põe mesa" (beauty doesn't bring you money)
>"O apressado come cru" (hurried people eat it raw)
>"À noite, todos gato é pardo" (at night, every cat is brown)
>"Quem não tem cão, caça com gato" (who's without a dog hunts with a cat. The original was "caça como gato" (hunts like a cat), but people changed it within time)
>"Casa de ferreiro, espeto de pau" (blacksmith's house, wooden skewer)
>"Aqui se faz, aqui se paga" (you suffer the consequences here and now, not later)
>"Amigos, amigos, negócios à parte" (friends, friends, business elsewhere)
>"As aparências enganam" (looks are deceiving)
>"Mentira tem perna curta" (lies have short legs)
>"A ocasião faz o ladrão" (the opportunity makes the thief)
>"Antes só do que mal acopanhado (better lonely than with bad company)
>"Por ele/ela, eu boto a mão no fogo" (for him/her, I'd stick my hand in the fire)
>"Bandido bom é bandido morto" (a good felon is a dead felon)
>"Chover no molhado" (pouring on the already wet)
>"Esperto é o pato, que não pode usar aliança" (smart is the duck, for it cannot wear a wedding ring)
>>
>>53983649
A Brazilian in another thread once recommended Florianopolis as the best place to live due to my interests (close to the sea, not entirely tropical, safe etc.) I've read good things about Curitiba too.

I remember a couple years ago, bus drivers in floripa collectively decided to refuse working after 7pm due to safety concerns.

Aw, that sucks, I'm a public transportation type of person.
>>
>>53980346
Why the fuck?
If we had been colonized by the Brits, things would be much better nowadays.
Pls accept Brazil into the United Kingdom, British overlords!
Or the US, burger overlords. Think about it. You'd gain 26 brand new states! Or just one really huge state, it's up to you.
>>
>>53983935
Brasília was an attempt of integrating the inner territories for example. I'm not educated enough to talk about this though. I just hope they don't fuck up our amazing nature.
>>
>>53977404
It also caused a microencephalitis case in an U.S. newborn. Pregnant mother visited Brazil.

Also, don't forget dengue fever and chikungunya fever. The names are nice, huh? As for the symptons....
>>
>>53984044
Public transportation is fantastic in curitiba. Don't remember much what it was like in floripa, I was a little grill when I went there.
>>
>>53984047
ewww fuck that. Jamaica was colonized by the brits. Thank god we speak portuguese, thank god we don't have ugly british people. Thank god for high levels of miscigenation.

I'm pretty sure you're joking tho, but I've heard a lot of people say shit like that back in history class in high school lol
>>
>>53984174
Neat, will put it on my mental list of potential places to move to one day. Thanks Brazilbro.
>>
>>53983602
>s the economy bad because of Lula and Da Silva and leftism in general? I mean under Lula Brazil was doing good for quite some time, but of couse than came the crisis. What I mean is the crisis had to have a part in things turning for the worse

The economy under Lula was great, his whole government was alright, but as soon as Dilma got relected into office, all the problems Lula was trying to avoid landed right on her hands. Things started spiralling out of control. The most impacting issues on the economy are:

1) Investors leaving because of the leftist party being in power for too long
2) Overexpenditure in welfare
3) Failed investment projects in oil, hidreletrics
4) Lower prices of ores and soya beans in the international market
5) The ripple of the 2008 crisis; Brazil was barely affected in 2008, some say what we're going trough right now is like a lag.

Morales is doing well for the time being but his policies have made the rich province of Santa Maria in eastern Bolivia to start going full separatist mode. Santa Maria is the richest province and is home to much of Bolivia's elite, land owners, industry owners, national investors and so on. Their militancy has been gaining more power. You dont have to be a genius to know how this is going to end for Bolivia's economy. But yeah, a lot of people are not in poverty anymore and the natives are happy.

The US should establish a strategic partnership with us, both allying each other to maintain influence over all of Latin America. This way it would be easier for the States to influentiate all of America and we'd also get a fair share of the cake. America trying to keep all of Latin America under their wings isn't a good idea, its too extensive to indirectly control. They're unable to strecht their influence any further than Chile, Peru, Mexico, the Caribbean, Colombia and parts of Central America without Brazil on their side. Realpolitik is fun.
>>
>>53983771
Americans always want the rest of the world to be as racist and ignorant as they are living here is suffering when i finish my degree back to the south i go
>>
>>53984266
Np czechbro <3
>>
>>53984255
Of course I'm not joking, and your reasons for not wanting Brits to have colonized us are so pathetic that I'd be inclined to think you were joking, if you didn't sound so condescending at the same time as you sounded retarded.
>>
>>53984384
Hahah my reasons were a joke of course. Mostly because I thought you were joking. If you actually think it's as simple as "if the brits colonized us, we'd be developed etc etc", you're obviously very naive/ignorant.

Look at jamaica, india, look at half of the world the brits colonized.
>>
it seems to me that some blacks in latin america are trying to import the american dichotomy-civil right movements-black live matters; to latin america, but it is just a false projection because the integrative latin american context cannot be compared to the racially exclusive north american one
>>
>>53983602
>tard, but leftism can be done smarter than that, for example I've heard Morales is doing pretty good in Bolivia in spite of starting as a Chavez-like leftist.

Morales is shit, Peru is doing much better than Bolivia
leftism is always bad, when they don't fuck up the economy they will fuck up with tons of immigrants
>>
File: farmprogresstonorth.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
farmprogresstonorth.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>53983935
I'm the guy you replied to.
>>53984048
Once again, this is not me.

Its important to develop inner territorries and if you heard that on /int/ its probaly me. Its like the American policy of settlement of the west back in the gold rush, in the times the US was the just independent 13 colonies. Decentralization of the economy will estimulate infrastructure development, will increase influence in the amazon basin and so on. It is possible to preserve the forrests but not much. There are countless big cities in the northern regions that are literally in the middle of a jungle. you just need some corridors of no forrest areas for railways and roads. if there is a river, its even better because we'll be able to use waterways which are cheap and in numerous ways more effective than land transport.

one thing we should do is install puppet regimes in the guyanas, possibly sponsor a rebel coup in french guyana, making it independent and a brazilian puppet. we then could use their countries as a base of operations to our farmers who would then use their woods and lands instead of ours. then in the future, when they run out of their wood and natural resources prices skyrocket in the market, we start exploiting our own woods. we should also start cutting woods from the north to south, not just south to north. pic related is whats going on right now. if we move from north to south besides south to north, the bordering regions with other countries would be of no jungle, just savana and farms, so it would be easier to monitorate. its an ambitious idea.
>>
File: 434534.jpg (67KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
434534.jpg
67KB, 352x450px
>>53984322
>both allying each other to maintain influence over all of Latin America

its not as if closer usa relations will fix your country. im under the impression every brazilian thinks this, specially those that hate dilma. look at mexico. latin america must stand on its own, theres literally nothing brazil needs from usa, br has strong commercial partners in sotuh america and some in africa. thats what growing inlfuence is
>>
>>53984588
This is *spot on*. Examples on the links there:

>>53970371
>>53970069
>>
>>53984529
Oh, you were joking, that's good.
Sure, we might not have become developed even if colonized by England, but they sure as fuck have a better track record than fucking Portugal. Mozambique? Angola? São Tomé? Zanzibar (now a part of Tanzania)? Not a single country they colonized turned out to be succesful.
We'd have a much, much better shot with the Brits. At the very least, we'd be speaking the world's most relevant language, and that wouldn't hurt us.
>>
>>53977900

FUCKING KEK
>>
>>53984686
>look at mexico
mexico-io-American-ianian relations are shit though.
>>
I have some cousins from RS, they live in Santana do Livramento.

They really dislike cariocas, they basically tell me that it's their fault that the brazilian stereotype is that of a nigger playing football on the beach with the favelas behind.

But they also have some BR IS THE GREATEST patriotism.
>>
File: canton.jpg (24KB, 480x230px) Image search: [Google]
canton.jpg
24KB, 480x230px
>>53984686
i didnt say alliance. strategic cooperation is fair different. mexico got a lot of benefits from being under america's wings. they are a member of OECD, have a fast growing economy, their life quality is increasing, and so on. chile, peru and ecuador have also been seeing the benefits of being a US puppet. obviously i'm not suggesting being a puppet, what i'm saying is, brazil and the us should team up in matters of influentiating south america. brazil would control the southern cone, guyanas and bolivia, as well as parts of carribean and southern central america. USA would control colombia, mexico and the alianza del pacifico. and we both contain venezuela's attemps to become a regional power. there would be no technology share, no intel sharing, we wouldn't submit to their wishes. brazil ought to try and get this relationship as one of those where members are in equal benefit and power, rather than one benefiting more than the other. a bad analogy would be what the UK and France did to africa in the berlin accords.
>>
File: CelsoAmorim.jpg (219KB, 1578x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CelsoAmorim.jpg
219KB, 1578x1200px
>>53982639
The problem is our political system is so undermined with corruption that good leaders won't get elected. To get elected for real important places, you need to weave a complex net of alliances and favours that will ultimately change you into one of those already there. No big fish wants to change the status quo.

>>53982923
Eneas wasn't a very good option. But he was real oposition against leftists.

>>53983225
>>53983649
>>53984044
>Florianopolis
I live here. Floripa (as we call it) is becoming much more like Rio - which is sad.
Public transportation isn't very good (no air-conditioned buses, few buses, important lines don't exist; no subway or surface train, no ferries, not even a simple cable car). The city suffers from seasonality (400,000 from March-October, more than 1 million November-February). The traffic is one of the worst in Brazil.
That aside, the city is lovely. I really don't want to move from here until my Canada plans come to fruition.
>>53983602
>And beware of the USA, they are not your friends.
USA is better than anything pic related spoke with.
And Hungary, you from anyone else should knew leftism is bad.
>>
>>53984898
ahaha that's because they're gaúchos, they're kinda like Quebec or Texas. And most of non-cariocas tend to think Rio is the most dangerous fucked up city in the country.
>>
>>53984929
>Eneas wasn't a very good option. But he was real oposition against leftists.

Watch this part of the video.
You dont need to speak Portuguese to know he was the best thing that came out after the post dictatorship era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtJ-7n5xn4&feature=youtu.be&t=150
>>
>>53984035
Literally the same here (well except for a few)
>>
>>53978041
>>53978041
this. being what we are is a honor, we embody mankind better then any other
>>
>>53985122
Linked the wrong time.
Please start it at 1:43
>>
>>53984676
>one thing we should do is install puppet regimes in the guyanas, possibly sponsor a rebel coup in french guyana
We would never do such thing. Brazil doesn't crave this kind of influence outside. We're already too big and politically fragmented for that.
>>
>>53985272

I agree, Brazil has more than enough resources and land; it's biggest problems are internal.

Only after the internal problems are solved it should start focusing on expanding its influence abroad.
>>
>>53984926

the us will never want to be on equal terms with a latin american country in anything ever, theyll always try to stab you on the back. dilma literally met with obama for spying issues weeks before the scandals on usa tapping your phones.

the way to impede what happened to venezuela is with a correctly done transnational organization like the EU that increase accountability among our countries.

besides, why do you want to influence the rest of latin america? better idea, if all of latin america got together and influenced the us to our needs, maybe even inject it with drugs so their social fabric is destroyed, uk style.
>>
File: geiseltristinho.jpg (100KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
geiseltristinho.jpg
100KB, 600x390px
>>53985272
>We're already too big and politically fragmented for that.
you could have prevented this
>>
>>53985434
Doing that would be a later part of a government.
Let's say I'm elected president. I would first consolidate our internal market and the investments in oil refineries, infrastructure and national industries to only later make that approach. And if that approach fails even when we're starting to look like South America's China, then I'd agree with your proposal of banding together latinos against US influence. But that would be harder. Because a lot of latino countries already are US puppets. You'd have to sponsor a party to get that.
>>
>>53983715
Saying it's "easy as fuck" for foreigners from Europe, Asia or Africa adapt here is b8, for sure...
>>
>>53985458
>Military Dictatorship
Nope.
>>
>>53985434
this
>>53984676
Wow, that sounds pretty evil and not so environment friendly either. I have doubts about industrial scale agriculture under tropical climate too. Those vast forests are like the lungs of the whole Earth, cutting them down would mean a severe climate change, raise of of carbon-dioxide in the atmosphere and probably several degrees of global warming, sealevel rising and so on. It wouldn't be nice.
>>
File: getulio.jpg (229KB, 984x459px) Image search: [Google]
getulio.jpg
229KB, 984x459px
>>53985710
>Projeto Calha Norte
>Settlements in the north
>Gold mining in Rondônia and Roraima
>Modernized most roads
>Economic Miracle
>14% yearly GDP growth
>Patriotic, right wing and nationalistic
>Itaipu binacional
>national habitation bank
>development of chemicals industry in bahia
>creation of EMBRAER, world's 2nd largest aircraft maker
>some 20 million jobs created between 1964 to 1976 according to modern estimates
>less than 300 confirmed killed
>even if you consider its a bad thing to kill commies

ok pal. stay bluepilled.
pic unrelated
>>
>>53984322
>>53984686
>>53984789
>>53984926
MEXICO MENTIONED
>>
>>53984929
I have an ideal of leftism that isn't bad (even if it doesn't exist in reality).
And btw right-wing policies can be just as bad to tell you the truth. I'm sure all those revolutions against right-wing dictatorships in your continent didn't break out without reason.
>>
File: UnderdevelopmentAndGeography.jpg (31KB, 554x257px) Image search: [Google]
UnderdevelopmentAndGeography.jpg
31KB, 554x257px
>>53985933
>Wow, that sounds pretty evil
Villains are often geniuses and are also called evil. I'll take that as a compliment.

> not so environment friendly either

I think you said earlier in this thread you believe in geographical determinism. Don't you think turning a tropical jungle into farmlands would be a bit better?

>Those vast forests are like the lungs of the whole Earth, cutting them down would mean a severe climate change, raise of of carbon-dioxide in the atmosphere and probably several degrees of global warming, sealevel rising and so on. It wouldn't be nice.

Many countries have refforestation policies, specially in the first world. Canada, for instance, has been planting thousands of trees in southern nunavut. and 95% of oxygen and carbon dioxide consumption comes from algae and plancton, only 5% come from land based photosynthetic organisms. the worst possible thing that would happen is the region turning, in a distant future, into a south african style savana and honestly thats not as bad as you make it sound.
>>
>>53984266
South Region is by far the best place to move in Brazil. My family have two houses there, at shoreline. Stay away from Rio and North(east). I moved to Rio some years ago and... it's a nightmare, I feel like I moved to an African country... I'm making some moves inside the company I work for, to move back. Problem is, thousands of coworkers are trying the same - so wish me luck.
>>
>>53986108
I'm centrist myself, but it's far easier totolerate right-wingers than left-wingers. The altter will spew anything to justify things like Chavez/Maduro.
>>
>>53984588

exactly
>>
>>53986206
>geographical determinism
Yes, and by that I'm also implying you cannot exploit nature endlessly. Read about what happened to Mesopotamia, the Mayas, or more recently the Easter Islands and Haiti and how the events in their history can be linked to what people did to their habitat.

And I do think turning a tropical jungle into farmlands would be a terrible idea. The constant rains in that climate would exhaust the soil rapidly and you would be left with barren wastelands instead of farmlands.
>>
File: amazonwaterbasin.png (47KB, 434x366px) Image search: [Google]
amazonwaterbasin.png
47KB, 434x366px
>>53986729
>constant rains in that climate would exhaust the soil rapidly and you would be left with barren wastelands instead of farmlands

The world's largest river runs there. There are many secondary rivers and a large underground water reserve. Lack of water would never be an issue. Besides, comparing small islands and pre columbian civilization isn't exactly fair. The hammer and the anvil was a very good military tactic until the gunpowder was invented. Your historic comparisson is invalid.

>|You cannot exploited nature endlessly

This goes for everything, one day the Universe will end and there will be nothing for us to exploit unless we discover a way to time travel, travel trough multiverses or somehow develop a technology that stops the big crunch/big jill from happening. That being said, nature being fininite isn't an argument to stop any advancements in industrialization, techlogy development and rural production.

>
And I do think turning a tropical jungle into farmlands would be a terrible idea. The constant rains in that climate would exhaust the soil rapidly and you would be left with barren wastelands instead of farmlands.

I also would like to say you're making good points and its been fun discussing with you. i'm nearly being put in a corner. but now you have to refute what i just said. good luck.
>>
>>53970530
>But the poorer you are, your skin is probably darker (and lighter if you're richer)
its the same here
>>
>>53984898
I'm not gaúcho, but agree completely - like most of South Region, São Paulo and Minas Gerais States populations. Problem is, they have Rede Globo, RioTur paid trolls, and Federal Government (Brasilia) chose the cariocas to represent Brazil, to the despair of 3/5 of country's population, funneling millions to their propaganda machine. Sometimes Bahia and Northeast join in. With such loudspeakers on steroids, it's difficult to challenge their "opinions" (or even lies) both inside their state and on Internet when foreigners try to talk to Brazilians. It's like playing Bach on violin inside a Carnival parade.

I'm glad you achieved independence, "cisplatinos" (kek). Congrats!
>>
>>53980346
>colonized us
are you a native?
portuguese didnt colonize you, you are a product of that colonization
>>
>>53969021
Unified? Most Brazilians don't trust not even their own family members.
>>
>>53987710
hurr durr yknow what i meant retard
>>
File: SOUTH BRAZIL 1389310861986.jpg (857KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SOUTH BRAZIL 1389310861986.jpg
857KB, 1920x1080px
>>53969021
>South (white and rich)

?
>>
>>53987892
if the british would have colonized that land, it would have been another canada or even another US(seeing their resources and arable land) and of course you can expect no natives and mostly white people with some negroes
things is what it is

people thinking like that are being brainwashed
>>
Cringe thread.
>>
>>53988049
>india
>jamaica
>half the world
>>
>>53988118
Brazil is a cringe country.
>>
>>53988129
>half the world
what?
they didnt conquer half the world retard

>jamaica
no natives and only black people

>india
they did have cure for those diceases and still they had a famine under them

if it would have been the british, you wouldnt exist
>>
>>53988218
After 135 posts the first self-hater arrived.
This took longer than expected
>>
>>53988353
did you figure that out based on your high school history education
>>
>>53988357
>bunch of nerds jerking each other's egos
>i post the reality
>butthurt ensures
>>
File: lynn-moustache-wallpaper-1.jpg (175KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
lynn-moustache-wallpaper-1.jpg
175KB, 1360x768px
>>53984676
Agreed. And forget the eco-babble; let's do it!
>>
>>53988353
You are right, but most BR plebs hate the Portuguese and think that we would be another USA if we were colonized by the British.
The Portuguese were alright, their only fault was bringing too many niggers.
>>
>>53987133
Rivers have nothing to do with that, I was talking about the mass amount of rains causing erosion and deterioration of soil. Once there is no forests left that can be hardly stopped.

I don't know how much % of oxygen and carbon-dioxide production rain forests are responsible for, but what also important is how great mass of carbon they are containing. By burning them all that carbon would end up as carbon dioxide in the atmosphere contributing to global warming.

This subject isn't my field of expertise so I can't really carry on arguing, this is just some basic knowledge I picked up at high school geography lessons.
>>
>>53988353
I think when he means half the world he's talking about guyana, serrea leoa guyana, gambia, serrea leoa, sudan, gana, namibia, nigeria, kenya, zambia, malawi, zimbabwe, botsuana, tanzania, india, bangladesh, pakistan, etc etc
also, south africa = which had official racism until the 90's
>>
>>53988434
keep kissing british ass, faggot but remember that they dont want people like you kissing their asses
>>
>>53988537
>think that we would be another USA if we were colonized by the British
it would have been another people

all people in brazil now wouldnt exist
>>
>>53988577
wut.
how am I kissing british ass? lol I'm trying to say that if the british had colonized us, it WOULDN'T have been better.
>>
>>53988630
so thank god for Portugal :^)
>>
>>53988670
>it WOULDN'T have been better.
not for the natives
>>
>>53988353
There are many very complex reasons why south america is not as developed as north america, yet it was colonized earlier and with better results. But the most important is the different ways each empire expanded economically. Spain was focused on getting as much cash as possible from their colonies (which they used to fund many obscure wars). This meant that Spain sunk most of their investment into silver mines and sugar plantations, which got fast, large returns and made Spain the richest nation in Europe. However, these mines and plantations were not sustainable over long periods of time, partly because the incredibly abusive Spanish labor practices killed many of the native workers. This left South America with relatively little infrastructure and weak governments.

On the other hand, when the British colonized North America, they found no gold or silver and land that was not suitable for sugar plantations, which were the main cash crop of South America and the Caribbean. Although these European settlers produced some export goods (such as furs and timber in French Canada and tobacco and later cotton in the South), they were more concerned with producing enough food for themselves to eat, particularly in the early days. This produced far less money for Britain and France, the main colonizers of North America, but made the colonies more independent and more able to develop their own economies.
>>
>>53989020
oh, uh I guess so. But so what? lol
>>
>>53989233
Interestingly enough this not only crippled the development of the colonized countries but also the development of the colonizing countries as well. In Portugal the gold, silver and sugar from Brazil brought a sudden influx of wealth that caused massive inflation and caused the economy to veer towards trade and away from agriculture or industry. There are numerous historic and literary sources of the time criticizing the fact that people simply didn't want to work hard but were all looking for easy money. In the long run, this delayed the industrialization process that was vital for a modern economy.
>>
>>53989233
Yes- There's a couple of documentaries of how Spain (mostly) but aswell other European nations (Portugal, Netherlands,France) , pretty much have bleed S. America/ C. America/Caribbean of their resources for the last couple of centuries - similar to what has happened to some African Nations but not in the extend. And now these nations are playing a rat race Industrializing themselves to the standards of the rest of the world. The issue is everyone the few educated elite want a piece of cake and corruption is rampant.
>>
>>53988353
South Africa, India, Pakistan, are not glaring examples of stability

most of the Spanish and Portuguese colonies were not really colonized - they were exploited. They were treated like conquered land, ruled with iron fist, robbed of their ritches by the colonizing powers. Their population was kept ignorant and poor by design for centuries, under the rule of a dominant class made of Spaniards or Portuguese nobles.
>>
>>53969021
>On the other hand Brazil was the last country that abolished slavery which is a pretty big contradiction.
Slavery was already in a downwards spiral for some decades before slavery was totally abolished, the abolishment was more of a finishing blow to it. The rest you said is mostly with a few details missing here and there
>>
>>53970530
Only good answer.
>>
>On the other hand Brazil was the last country that abolished slavery which is a pretty big contradiction.

Because of parallel powers, the king freed the slaves in 1888, and in 1889 the republican coup happened.

Coincidence?
>>
>>53989424
>South Africa, India, Pakistan, are not glaring examples of stability
and who say they are?
>>53989233
>There are many very complex reasons why south america is not as developed as north america,
its all come to puppets govt and corrupt govt

just look at US invading haiti TWICE, what was the reason i may ask
>>
I'm all for Monarchy making a comeback, I want Brazil to have a qt princess :3
>>
>>53989694
well then sounds like you're on my side. If the brits had colonized Brasil, it wouldn't be a developed country.
>>
File: vladimir-herzog[1].jpg (119KB, 350x522px) Image search: [Google]
vladimir-herzog[1].jpg
119KB, 350x522px
>>53989694
>its all come to puppets govt and corrupt govt
>just look at US invading haiti TWICE, what was the reason i may ask

You got it right, Brazil had just democratically elected a president in 1963, but since it wasn't allied with US companies interests in here, there was a lot of propaganda calling him a communist and there was a military coup in 1962 financed byt the Americans

pic related was a "commie" journalist during the military regime
>>
>>53989794
Monarchy administrated by the military when
>>
>>53987899
> Well-grubbed sewage canal
> Good quality individual fences
> Individual lots with garage, car and backyards
> Dwellings not encroached like a mishmash of concrete boxes thrown at dumpster
> Child adequately dressed. Both clothes and snickers are clean.

As you see, even shanty towns (favelas) are better in South Region.

Daddy had nothing when he came to Brazil. He was raised in a cortiço. A thing my family learned is, poverty isn't about just money, but atittude also. Otherwise I myself would live in such a place till nowadays.

Being poor isn't an excuse to behave/live like the animals. And to me it seems that child's mother know it.
>>
>>53989805
it would if they had killed the natives and populated with their people, just look at canada

they didnt kill the natives in india or in south africa

they just would have worked to make their country better, anyone can do that
>>
>>53990508
I don't understand, you think portuguese/italian/germans are subhumans and brits/etc would be better instead?

Starting to understand your line of thought...
>>
>>53987133
>The world's largest river runs there.
Rivers are not a good source of farmland water. Farmland takes up too much 2D space. Rivers are a super small 2D space with extreme 3D depth.
Honestly, soil erosion due no tree roots is a super big issue, and you don't understand it.
>>
File: Welcome to South Brazil aaa.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to South Brazil aaa.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>53990490
Pelotas is extremely dangerous, don't get fooled by the white skin, they will hit you in the head and steal your wallet regardless.

When someone is hungry, they will go as far as killing someone else.

Also that is not a favela, it's a very common sight in Rio Grande do Sul's countryside, most villages are like that.
>>
>>53988357
A boneca não gostou, é? Tadinha, não gosta de democracia, né? Senta aqui no meu colinho pra gente conversar melhor...
>>
>>53990719
Ele está certo
95% de chances de você ser paulista também
>>
>>53989794
STFU
>>
>>53990604
>you think portuguese/italian/germans are subhumans and brits/etc would be better instead?
no
why you think that?

i already said that anyone can work to make their country better

canada turned out good because the govt worked to make it good
>>
>>53991060
then what are you on about :| I thought you were trying to defend the fact that if brits colonized brazil, it would be a developed country akin to the US/Canada. And now it's something else.
>>
>>53991060
>it would if they had killed the natives and populated with their people, just look at canada

this is why>>53990604
said
>you think portuguese/italian/germans are subhumans and brits/etc would be better instead?
>>
>>53991116
>>53991184
it has something to do with a little of nationalism i think

they dont want the country with their people to be in bad shape

lets say that indian would have been populated with british people, the govt that would have come would have worker for the country and its people , the govt wouldnt have their people to be in poverty
>>
File: Butthurt Report Form.jpg (85KB, 490x612px) Image search: [Google]
Butthurt Report Form.jpg
85KB, 490x612px
>>53988357
>>
>>53987710
>>53991468

>le everything would be good without portugal meme
>>
>>53991976
i didnt say that

also remember that your country wanted to created a homogenious country like everyone is mixed, that would have created some kind of nationalism

Portugal never thought that is most rich colonie would get independence
>>
>>53970492
Me neither, and I am a dark pardo. its about looking like a thug.
>>
>>53993282
I'm a pale schizophrenic autist and i've been forced to admit to many crimes i did not commit. It was either admit it or lose my teeth.
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.