[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German appreciation thread. >inb4 refugees >inb4 nazis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: Dichter_und_Denker.jpg (19KB, 325x247px) Image search: [Google]
Dichter_und_Denker.jpg
19KB, 325x247px
German appreciation thread.

>inb4 refugees
>inb4 nazis
>inb4 "t. charlemagne"

I think that the history of the Germans is fascinating, yet tragic.

Remember that, prior to the rise of Prussia and the ebin warmonger memes, the "German realm" was a land of brilliant thinkers, crafty workers and rich culture.
>>
>liking krauts

cucked :Dd
>>
>>53921623
fuck off t*rkshit
go back to central asia and give back anatolia to kurds and greek you dirty welfare-leeching cockroach
>>
>>53921706
türk proxi, siktir git burdan. Bok kokutun XD
>>
>>53921759
what? i don't speak arabic sorry :D
>>
The German machine has only 1 speed: Maximum
>>
Yeah, many great Germans were born before the 20th century. Then the average Germanic barbarian caught up to them and you know what happened.
>>
>>53921869
Most of the time, in the wrong direction, apparently....at least the last 90 years.

>>53921598
Thank you for the effort.
>>
>>53921935
I'd rather say i twas two world wars and subjugation, Jao.

You, as a brasilian, should know about that.
>>
>>53921786
I would try to bant you but you live in Bangladesh.

That's enough suffering desu
>>
>>53921935
Germany was not made for war.

Should've gone for the cultural victory, 2bh.
>>
>>53922143
We were actually quite good at war, only shit at diplomacy and grand strategy.

>We need another Bismarck.
>>
>>53922330
True, it seems that Germany exceeds at short, well-planned wars with realistic goals.

Just like in my vidyas 2bh.
>>
>>53922436
Well all THAT stuff is over, as it seems.

I wonder what the new day will bring.
>>
File: 1452901659440.jpg (643KB, 1519x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1452901659440.jpg
643KB, 1519x1155px
>>
File: Inca Feel.png (106KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
Inca Feel.png
106KB, 922x882px
>>53922635
>>
What if Austria, rather than Prussia, had unified the Germans?
>>
>>53923167
Hmm, good question.

Maybe more alliances through marriages, but I think they would have gloriously failed because they wouldn't and couldn't kick ass without a stronk leader keeping all the mini nations from escaping.

Seriously their armies were a mess because no one understood anyone.
>>
>>53921598
I like German history too. Also, nowadays I rather read about HRE than England or France medieval times.
>>
Refugees, nazis and nazi refugees

t. charlemagne
>>
>>53923787
It is a bigger clusterfuck and thus more interesting, the brits and french boringly got their shit together fast.
>>
>>53921598
Germany is interesting in that it's a modern nation that was created purely out of lust for territory.

Saudi Arabia is the only other example I can think of.
>>
>>53923874
What kept the Germans from doing so?
Was it solely the Protestant/Catholic divide?
>>
>>53924006
No that came LATE, it walso was just instrumentalised.

In general it was central against "fedral" powers.

The lrods wnated indipendence, they voted the emperors and so every emperor had to make mroe concessions to the lords to be voted over his rivals by the elector counts.

Therefore imperial authority dwindled, except when some kick ass emperors appeared.

>>53923992
Please explain this, I thought it was about unifiying all german people.

Well except Austria because Bismarck didnt want to fight a big war over some Balkan clay (oh the irony).
>>
>>53924348
PS:

Most lords just thought, when evangelism spread: "Nice , a way to get all those tasty monastery and churhc lands and ursurp lord-bishops realms and money too!"

They also used it to get, again, more independence against the catholic emperor.
>>
>>53922330
If not for the Nazis you guys would probably be a military power today
>>
>>53924494
more like communist
>>
>>53924523
Luxembourg's Germany would have been glorious
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 217x320px
What do germans have to be proud of? We never liberated someone, democracy never worked until Americans showed us, we have commited countless genocides against nambians and hereros, we literally genocided each other while the rest of europe unified and became whole nations, we started 2 world wars and destroy everything non german in our path
>>
File: charlemagne4.jpg (48KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne4.jpg
48KB, 453x599px
>>53921598
Check it out germanic servants ! I'm made of gold.

t. Charlemagne
>>
>>53924693
you forgot about letting bazillions of shitskins in and treating them like your overlords
>>
Reminder that Prussia was a mistake
>>
Germany sure has fallen it seems but still a gem solely because of Göthe Kant and Beethoven
>>
>>53924693
Read more, there was a lot of nice stuff.

>>53924794
Franks were germanic, my romano-celtic friend.
>>
>>53924794
It is amazing indeed. Gold is a very valuable commodity. You are very powerful and I have no choice but to submit to my servile instincts and become your vassal. I totally didn't have any plans for independence or world relevance by the way.
>>
>>53924794
>>53925482

But my germanic brother, this is karls Reliquary situated in Aachen, his favourite Kaiserpfalz.

How can we submit to ourself except by aligning ourself ethically to the greater good of the german people?
>>
>>53924693
We actually stopped the countless tribes in Namibia (Nama, Herero, Ovambo, Himba) from genociding and fucking up each other.
The Herero thing was just a prank gone awry.
>>
>>53922330
>>We need another Bismarck.
He did great while he was at it, but therein also lay the problem. He was such a genius that nobody was able to continue what he did, so it all went to shit after he was sacked.
>>
>>53927182
Stupid Willi.

>Ending the friendship treaty with russia.
>>
>>53923167
They didn't really want to. In 1848 the concept of a nation state was still in its infancy and the Austrians of the day didn't think of themselves as Austrians or Germans but rather as Austrio-Hungarians, in the sense that they were the chosen people of a great empire. Their unwillingness to commit to a German nation state (as it would have meant giving up their empire) made the smaller German solution the best choice, as Bismarck knew well.
>>
>>53927344
Then why did the last "great" uprising of those revolutions happen in Vienna if there was no support for it?
>>
>>53927570
Don't confuse economics with politics. Industrialization made revolutions much more likely. And then, of course, there's a difference between what the leaders want and what the plebs want.
>>
>>53927225
>Stupid Willi.
Yeah. At least his advisers weren't completely stupid. They sought an alliance with Britain. And most probably Bismarck would have, too, if he hadn't been sacked. Even worse, by today's knowledge WWI might never have happened or played out entirely different if a few things had changed. Archduke Ferdinand, who got killed in Sarajevo, was seeking deescalation and he had planned to sack his most hawkish military guy first thing he returns from the trip. What's more, Britain actually sought to get nearer to Germany because they were fed up with Russia, because their treaty which made clear each other's sphere of influence in Afghanistan was being violated constantly by Russia.

But stupid Willi was worse than his advisers and wanted to do everything alone with his "Politik der freien Hand"
>>
>>53928024
Yeah, sad stuff.
>>
>>53921598
>Remember that, prior to the rise of Prussia and the ebin warmonger memes, the "German realm" was a land of brilliant thinkers, crafty workers and rich culture.
Combine P R U S S I A with the rich culture and you get the best thing possible
Reminder that without Prussia, Germany is just a shadow of itself
>>
>>53929638
Well the Poles wont give it back and the spirit has been erased.
>>
>>53924693
>we started 2 world wars
NO
That wasn't us, we might have contributed a little bit though (WWI, WWII is our fault)
>democracy never worked until Americans showed us
The Empire was quite a nice place even without real democracy
Also the Weimar republic
>>
>>53922045

A tenth of his country is already underwater due to rising ocean levels. His country will be an Atlantis of south asian ineptitude.

Perhaps archeologists in there future will be interested in the fossilized shit in their sunken streets.
>>
>>53921598
Gold is a very valuable commodity.
>>
>>53929766
>Well the Poles wont give it back and the spirit has been erased.
Which is why modern Germany isn't really as great as it could be
Not saying that I want war with anyone, but taking such a massive part of a country (in all aspects) away is like a castration.
>>
Germany died in WW1
>>
>>53924693
A self hating German, that's unique.

Stop the whining Harald.
We accomplished much in the last century. Despite "evolutionsbremsen" like you
>>
>>53930121

This.
>>
>>53930121
This
>>
Howdy, Germanic servants! Check it out, I'm made of gold!
>>
>>53930121
Germany died when Prussia was put at its head. It was a still birth, dead before it could even see the light of life.
>>
Germany has produced so much great literature and philosophy. I really wish I could read it in the original language.
>>
>>53930121

This.
>>
>>53930121
All of Europe did at least a little bit.
>>
>>53931948
These guys offer courses:
https://www.goethe.de/en/
>>
>>53933322
I really should give it a go at some point. I'm sure it would take years of study to read something like Adorno or Hegel's work.
>>
>>53933412
>>53933412
>reading Hegel in a second language
I'd rather shoot myself
>>
>>53929766
Why would we give back our own lands?

Clearly a conflict of interest here.
>>
>>53921598
Even after the rise of Prussia Germany was home to all these, take for example the massive German contribution to the second industrial revolution. The problem was that the unification of Germany fucked over the balance of power in Europe.
>>
>>53933710
>why would germanic wends return their lands to the union of germanic peoples?

Don't be foolish. It's clearly in your best interest.
>>
>>53933412
>>53933454
Yeah someone like Hegel seems to revel in the idea of making things sound as complicated as possible. On the other hand you can sometimes have excellent translations. E.g. some have suggested that modern English translations of Clausewitz are far more readable even to Germans than the original. That may be true not only because of the very old fashioned language Clausewitz uses but also because Americans especially have taken such a great interest in Clausewitz that the existence of great translations follows naturally.
>>
>>53933777
Do you realise that the main politics of Teutons, Prussia and Nazis was to remove the Poles and any sign of Polish activity?
>>
>>53933915
It was just (German) banter, m8.
>>
>>53933738
>The problem was that the unification of Germany fucked over the balance of power in Europe.
Hmm, I wouldn't see it as so monocausal. Christopher Clark has called the outbreak of the First World War as one of the most complex events or perhaps the most complex event in all of history.
>>
>>53933454
Fortunately for me, I'm a masochist. That would be my ultimate goal with learning German.

I do know there's a lot of very beautiful German writing too.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.