[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it being from the first world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: firstworldcountriespainted.png (50KB, 1352x627px) Image search: [Google]
firstworldcountriespainted.png
50KB, 1352x627px
How is it being from the first world?
>>
>>53807362
Nothing special
>>
Terrible when you're A FUCKING MANLET
>>
Pretty cool. Yesterday was the second time in 6 months someone got murdered in my city, such exciting times!
>>
>>53807386
No one cares unless you actively bring it up...
>>
>>53807362
overrated
if the only thing in life you can brag about on 4chan is being white/living in a first world country you should immediately kill yourself
>>
>>53807437
>overrated
it is if you live in belgium
>>
>>53807386
you're just insecure
>>
>>53807437
>belgium
>>
>>53807454
>>53807487
I'm German and I honestly think Belgium is much better.
>>
Can we safely say that this method of classifying a country based on ideology is a bit outdated
>>
>>53807458
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS ARE 175CM

FUCK YOU
>>
>>53807362
>greece
>first world

ha
>>
>>53807537
>my height
>>
>>53807437
>overrated
>Access to fast Internet
>reliable electric grid
>world class health care
>generous welfare
>stable state (OK, maybe not Belgium but most other FWC)
>peaceful people
>hard labour is mostly automated
>children go to school
>able to retire comfortably
>etc

Kill yourself
>>
File: moortugal.jpg (135KB, 1352x627px) Image search: [Google]
moortugal.jpg
135KB, 1352x627px
>>53807362
It's okay. Feel bad for some countries in Europe, not being first world...
>>
>>53807537
They're fucking not you lying piece of shit
>>
>>53807537
calm down you fucking manlet your life is not that hard
>>
>>53807537
Here too.
I once met an american who was like 165 or 168 he seem doing pretty well at life, has a job, a gf, family.
>>
>>53807362
There's no bidets
>>
>>53807556
>Access to fast Internet
not really a big concern, I can live without internet

>reliable electric grid
overrated

>world class health care
I'll give you that, but if you have money it's irrelevant

>generous welfare
see above, irrelevant if you have money and/or lead a healthy life

>stable state (OK, maybe not Belgium but most other FWC)
>tfw Belgium is more stable without government than most countries with

>peaceful people
tbf the most peaceful nation I've visited so far was Costa Rica
Also they had reliable electric grid

>hard labour is mostly automated
you're talking as if hard labour wasn't a good thing for heart and soul

>children go to school
that has nothing to do with being first world though

>able to retire comfortably
not a problem if you have money

tl;dr you're just a spoiled brat who can't live a simple life and who doesn't know how to earn money
>>
boring desu
>>
>>53807668
What the fuck does being rich have to do with anything? We're comparing averages and on averages people aren't, by definition, rich. And then you talk about me being the spoiled brat, some fucking cognitive dissonance there, mate.
>>
>>53807362
>grease
>poortugal
>first world
>>
>>53807386
kek
>>
>>53807784
>Implying implications
>>
>>53807624
Brazilian girls are all little manlets.
>>
File: list.png (36KB, 480x654px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
36KB, 480x654px
>>53807769
>We're comparing averages and on averages people aren't, by definition, rich.

That is true but someone average from a rich country is wealthier than someone average from a poor country. These are the top countries by average wage per month. Numbers are in dollars. See anything in common among them? Meanwhile, in my country, earning 1600 reais, that's over 400 dollars a month.

And all this data doesn't take into account infrastructures, education, healthcare, public security, crime, disease, life quality in general and so on.

You and your Belgian friend denying 1st world country privilege are clearly wrong. If you honestly believe it's about hard work, then it's because you chose too. But if you are not willingfully ignorant, then this data should make things clearer.
>>
>>53807894
I'm the one arguing that we are lucky to live in the countries we do. I just found his "reasoning" to be rather peculiar. "Not a problem with money" is not an argument and isn't adressing the fact that we are incredibly lucky to be born where we were. Having a comfortable life is not overrated like he seem to think.
>>
>>53807894
You have lower wages, but also lower prices.
You live in a warm climate what saves heating costs and expensive buildings which isolate temperature.

I was in Bogota.
What I've seen there, is that you can have a cozy and comfortable life with 1,5m Pesos (500€) salary per month.

First world is not necessarily a better life.
>>
>Poland
No
>>
>>53807881
I wish.
>>
>>53807385
How the fuck would you know?
>>
>>53807362
Pretty shit desu
>>
>>53808070
>You have lower wages, but also lower prices.
This is the but it doesn't scale linearly. The first world still got a significantly higher purchasing power.
>>
Pretty sweet. I can visit America anytime I like sans visa.
>>
comfy
>>
>>53808169
And what do you buy with the higher purchasing power?
An Audi instead a Toyota?
A PS4 instead a ball?
Gucci and Armani insteed of the same in fake and cheap?

Being able to travel in the world is the only advantage I can see from this.
>>
>>53808146
>America
>developed
>>
>>53808253
You say that but billions of people would like nothing more than to swap places with you. You've gotten so used to how well off we are that you are no longer capable of appreciating it. Are you a communist by any chance?
>>
File: 1453005726106.jpg (60KB, 1000x964px) Image search: [Google]
1453005726106.jpg
60KB, 1000x964px
I'm not FROM the first world but I'm IN the first world.
>>
>>53808325
>communist
No dude, I just travelled around a lot. And I saw that life can be very good also outside the traditional first world. You can get a good medical support over an affordable insurance in India for example.

Don't be a retard and have a job will make you quite well off in a lot of places in this world.
>>
>>53808070
Tax as percentage of GDP:
-Germany: 40.6%
-Lesotho: 42%

GDP per capita:
-Germany: 46.2 K USD
-Lesotho: 1.1 K USD

Your argument is invalid.

>>53808253
Air conditioner, healthcare, live in a safe neighbrohood, less crime, lower chance of disease, lower chance of being raped, robbed, killed, walk in clean streets, have a car instead of taking a full bus, have a job that you don't have to run the risk of dying just to do it everyday, have education, go to college, pay for a decent diet, pay gym subscription, internet, phone, etc. If you dont care about purchasing power you should give your money to the poor.
>>
>>53808253
>An Audi instead a Toyota?
More like an Audi instead of riding a full bus, filled with cockroaches and flies, where niggers can rob you and there wont be anyone to do a thing about it.

>A PS4 instead a ball?

More like a PS4 instead of having to work so much just to pay your bills that the only free time you have is the time you have to sleep; even if you have free time, going trough everything in a day makes you so tired that you dont have enough energy left to walk your way to the bathroom to have a shower.

>Gucci and Armani insteed of the same in fake and cheap?
More like Gucci and Armani instead of being so poor your clothes are dirty and worn out, your shoes have holes on them and your shorts are ripped.

>Being able to travel in the world is the only advantage I can see from this.

More like having a higher literacy rate, higher life expectancy, better education, healthcare, lower mortality rates, less prone to getting diseases, less prone to be victim of crime, have decent hygiene, your roads have no holes on them, have a decent education, no poverty, you have the money to support your children, having children is even an option, you are safe, you sleep on a bed, you have a place to call home, you're able bodied...
>>
>>53808325
You are a faggot
>>53808456
>Don't be a retard and have a job will make you quite well off in a lot of places in this world.
YEAH sure m8
When you are a german with free and good educatuon, parents that can support you And help from the goberment it must be REALLY easy to travel to a shithole like my country and find a decent job
>>
>>53808456
I'm not saying that it is literally impossible to have a good life anywhere else. Just that in terms of economic freedom and overall security, first world countries, particularily in the west, are just plain better. We have lower crime rates, lower death rates, lower infancy mortality, longer life expectancy and so on and so forth. That is however not to say that I can't see the appeal of living on an island in the Caribbean.
>>
>>53808479
Lesotho is not Brazil. Not all places are nice, but Brazil can be very nice.

Just abondon the welfare state here and you will have slum areas with all those crime and poverty here too.
Also I pay 30% income tax, 21% consumer tax on all shit I buy, car tax, fuel tax is extreme etc. 70% of my earnings end up in the state.

There are some benefits in being born in Europe. But people overestimate them. You can have a miserable and unhappy life in Germany just as a happy and nice life in Turkey, Brazil, Russia, South Africa or China.
>>
Boring.

Isolated.

Cold.
>>
Estonia isn't first world?
>>
>>53808584
I'm riding a fucking full bus my whole life already. Stop bullshitting.
>air conditioner
I know nobody here having one and our simmers can get quite hot.
Etc. Like I said: Overestimation.
>>
>>53807362
It's okay. What is it like being from the planet of the apes?
>>
>>53808699
former soviet states are/were generally regarded as "2nd world," I think, but it's kind of meaningless, and becomes more meaningless with every passing year
>>
>>53808799
I know about second world and stuff, just never knew Estonia was every a part of the USSR lol
>>
>>53808759
Aside from this thread and the discution.. you germans and austrians always underestimate the airconditioning thing
>>
>>53807362
>Eastern Europe, Debts, and Poortugal
>First World
>>
>>53808603
>dude has the time to shitpost me this text with his computer or smartphone over internet complaining about his third world life.
>>
>>53808253
Are you a fucking dumb cunt or what?
>>
>>53808584
So you have no internet and your clothes are dirty?
>>
>>53808816
Or you're just a pussy desu chap
>>
>>53808674
>Lesotho is not Brazil.
Ok then. Let's compare Germany and Brazil.

Tax as percentage of GDP:

-Germany: 40.6%
-Brazil: 34.4%

GDP per capita:

-Germany: 46.2 K USD
-Brazil: 11.2 K USD

Oh look, you're wrong again.
Are you going to insist on this?

>Just abondon the welfare state here and you will have slum areas with all those crime and poverty here too.

Brazil is a welfare state too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolsa_Fam%C3%ADlia

^This is one of the many federal welfare programs. There are many other cases.

Also, if you abandon the welfare policies in both countries, both would improve singificantly. And Germany definetely wouldn't become a third world country. Lol.

>Also I pay 30% income tax, 21% consumer tax on all shit I buy, car tax, fuel tax is extreme etc. 70% of my earnings end up in the state.

Hahahaha that's less than I expected. Brazil has, on average, 30 to 70% of tax on consumers, depending on the goods. I wish I would pay 20% tax on everything I buy. You get some 5% more on personal income but on everything we buy we get at least 10% more that's a 5% more tax for Brazil in total if you really want the numbers.

>
There are some benefits in being born in Europe. But people overestimate them. You can have a miserable and unhappy life in Germany just as a happy and nice life in Turkey, Brazil, Russia, South Africa or China.

Then let's change lives man. I always wanted to not live in a hellhole. You sound like one of those spiritually rich spoiled brats who thinks everything is peace and love because you never really had to went trough anything really hard in life. My mother had malaria and she died on my fucking arms. I called an ambulance but this shit healthcare didn't make it in time, it took them like 3 or 4 hours just to get home. You really have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>53808990
I think tthis sourkraut needs to live in brazil for a year.
>>
>>53808964
Or maybe you live in a castle in frozenland
>>
>>53809076
>last summer was 40℃ nearly the whole August.
>frozen castle
>>
>>53808990
I very want to see your life situation. You absolutely don't seem like the poor beggar.
>>
I live on the south side of Chicago so this really does not apply to me.
>>
>>53807362
I would say the worst part about being first world is that everyone else wants to come to you.

And since first world politicians love any and all immigrants, their nations get swarmed with migrants.

The US and Canada have fucking tourist industries for people from China to come over here just to give birth.
>>
>>53808990
I wasn't born in Germany.
When I was a child my dad divided a snickers that he brought from the city by 4 that the whole family can have a piece. I was very lucky back then.
>>
>>53809140
Maybe other anon can explain you better this because I really dont know, BUT it isnot the same to live in a house in your country than live in a house in my country, materials are different and other factors that makes you dont want to buy a fucking airconditioner
>>
>>53809166
What difference does it make? Are you trying to come up with some ad hominem? I'm merely pointing out the facts, data and statistics and so far all you've done is say "hurr durr its not THAT different hoohoohooo". And regardless, I make R$ 1200 (~300 USD) a month. I'm not going trough everything that bothers me in life because that would be a long list and I'm not a tumblrite too.
>>
>>53809242
If you really knew what being poor is we wouldn't be having this discussion.
>>
>>53809253
I had to work those August. I drank 6 litres a day and was always wet like a Joes into a pool from sweating.

You're just a pussy 2bh.
>>
>>53807894
Where are we wtf? Are we really poorer than Greece
>>
>>53809277
I'm sorry that I didn't make a statistic during my travels.
I don't even believe in statistics.

For example the USA is in lots of statistics like an African shithole.
For example murder. But then you can see that most murder happens towards niggers and ordinary people aren't even affected by this. It still counts in the statistic.
>>
>>53809301
I'm a Nigga from Ghana.
That's a little worse than 2bh. But even there you can have a cozy life as long as you have a job.
>>
>>53807362
Enough money to not have to worry, even if jobless. but with shitty weather, except for Mediterranean Europe, Southern USA and Australia.
>>
>>53809301
Are you really poor?
>>
>>53807362
People aren't as friendly and there are no qt Brasileiras to spend your life with.

Also people don't really worry about being robbed or paying the bills if you're educated and single.
>>
File: BrazilianGirl2.jpg (212KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
BrazilianGirl2.jpg
212KB, 1000x670px
>>53809477
ONDE ESTA MINHA NAMORADA!?!?!?!
>>
>>53807362
Literally cucked.
>>
>>53809304
What happens is that here we dont like to smell like shit, and smelling like shit is normal in your cunt
>>
>>53807386
>>53807537
if you can ride all the rides who gives a fuck?
>>
Its really good senpai.
Loving every second of it
>>
>>53809467
No, he's just shitposting.

And while we're on that topic, allow me to explain why there are no poor brazilians on /int/. If you're brazilian and you can speak English fluently, you're among the 5%. You have people here who need their academic papers translated. The demand is so great you don't need to be a professional, if you can just show someone you can translate shit then you can easily make 5 USD cents a word translating Portuguese <-> English academic papers. The first time I tried it as an amateur I translated 1.3k words of a biotechnology research paper in less than 3 hours, I wasn't even paying full attention. The professor said she was impressed with it, and do note that's a university professor who holds a PhD degree she most likely got from some university in Europe or the US. That's over 20 bucks an hour. And there's shitloads of demand for it, this isn't an odd job you pick up once a week. If word spreads you're doing it cheap and it's good enough, you'll have more requests than you can fill in your schedule. You wouldn't believe it, 5 cents a word is actually undercharging it. These cunts are desperate because they were too dumb to have learned English and now they're willing to pay you 20$/h for you to read and translate some shitty text for them.

Now I don't care where you live, if you're making 20$/h you're not poor. You might not be upper class, but that shit should let you live fairly fine. I could be wrong but that's more than the median personal income in the US.

Now if someone who lives in Brazil posts on /int/ with an English as clear as his, they're either not poor or literally retarded.
>>
>>53807385
>>53807362
Sweden isn't first world you fucks
>>
>>53807362
>portugal
>painted
>>
>>53810669

Ok so I just need to learn Huetalk and I can make bank?
>>
File: Bez tytułu.jpg (166KB, 1352x627px) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.jpg
166KB, 1352x627px
FTFY
>>
File: k-man.jpg (18KB, 294x292px) Image search: [Google]
k-man.jpg
18KB, 294x292px
>>53813071

>Poland accusing another country of not being first world
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.