[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

Teach me some Turkish basics, /int/.
>>
>>53763255
There are no " is " or " are "
The words are made by adding addons to the other words.
For example kitap means book , if you add the "lık" addon it means bookshelf ( kitaplık )
There are no words that have a decicated gender
>>
>>53763724
>There are no words that have a decicated gender
good, only literal subhuman languages do this
>>
>>53763763
the word is progressive, watch what you say before you trigger someone, fagtron.
>>
I took some turkish at university

Sentence structure follows subject object verb
+
Vowel harmoney
+
Agglutination
Cep = wallet
Cepte = in wallet
Cepte para yok = there's no money in wallet

There is a g that has a little mark on it that doesnt create a real sound

C sounds like J

No gender

Words are pretty short in their original form

Very logical

10/10 language overall, bretty good

Thanks Atatürk
>>
>>53763964
My jeb is bosh.. Wtf htc where's my squigley s??
>>
>>53763724
>There are no " is " or " are "
How does that even work?

What if i wanted to say ''I am''?
>>
>>53764018
Jeb is bosh? There's the ç and the s with the same little hook. Theres is also an i without a dot.
>>
>>53764124
you just say "I", which stands for "I am" and "me" at the same time and changes with the context in the sentence.
>>
>>53764124
They use yok and var for isnt and is.

Otherwise there are combinations of nouns put together or separated with vowel harmony and agglutination.
>>
>>53763964
spoken language was like this before atatürk too. atatürk just changed the alphabet to latin from arabic so that its easier to learn how to read and write. also i guess the old turkish alphabet also has a lot of similarities with latin as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Turkic_alphabet
>>
>>53764175
Or say "My name Cem". Benim adim Cem.
>>
>>53764257
*cringes*
>>
>>53763255
hissing is very important
>>
>>53764283
it actually stands for "My name IS cem."

its a very practical language probably because Turks needed everything to be practical due to nomadic lifestyle.
>>
>>53764285
why cringe faglord?
>>
>>53764362
Do you have capitilization rules?
>>
>>53763964
>Cepte para yok
>tfw I understand two out of three words in this sentence from my knowledge of Serbo-Croatian

>>53764175
Now I know where the Russians got their dislike for the verb to be from.
>>
Selam aleykum, beyler!

Benim adim Pejan! Ben Kürdistan Cuhmhuriyeti memleket.

Could you please help me to learn Turkçe??
>>
>>53764428
Glücklicherweise gibt es im Türkischen kein solches System wie in Deutschland aber eure neuen multikulturellen Politiker planen eure Rechtschreibung nochmals zu verbessern.
>>
>>53764257
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Turkic_alphabet
cool
Looks somewhat like Germanic runes.
Why did you drop it for Arabic crazy curls?
>>
>>53763255
yksi tollanen iskender kebab kokiksella, kiitos
>>
>>53764257
I am quite sure that spoken Ottoman Turkish is quite different than modern Turkish. Atatürk got rid of a lot of Arabic and Persian words.
>>
>>53763964
>cep = wallet
google says it's pocket
>>
Richtig. Ich habe mich versprochen. Es gibt kein Geld in der Tasche.
>>
>>53764428
Capitalisation is a by product of having two different scriptstypes...there were only two. And capitalisation tries to get an advantage from having every letter in two fonts.

imagine we would have had all the fonts we have today when Duden invented the capitalisation rules. We would have ended with rules like: verbs start with a letter in font x, adjectives start with a letter in font y and pronouns start with a letter in font z.
And you would have to learn ALL the fonts.
>>
>>53764623
Did all of them speak Ottoman Turkish or did some Turks speak other dialects like our Bavarians?
>>
>>53764710
I dont get it. If you say, die niedliche katze ist im besitz von meiner familie it has the same meaning.
>>
>>53764844
He says,
>capital letters
and
>small letters
are two different script types. And that only these two were in existence.

Additionally he claims that using both gave you an advantage.
>>
>>53764768
>>53764623
Only elites spoke it, ordinary Turks spoke more like the Turkish spoken today only there's more French in today's Turkish, like a LOT more.
>>
>tfw speak a synthetic language with minor isolation and agglutination
badfeels
>>
Wait a second, how do you throw words out of a language? It's like me trying to throw out the word ''yolo'' of peoples minds.

>>53764925
Oh ok, so the language reformation only took largely place for adminstritave language, while for ordinary not much changed.
>>
>>53764768
Turks spoke some dialect of Ottoman Turkish dependent upon region. Atatürk basically standardized the language in education by removing loan words and simplifying spelling. Imagine if Bismark after the unification of Germany had instituted reforms to German removing all words of slavic and french origin such as Grenze and implementing reforms to standardize High German in. all of the regions of Saxony, Bavaria, and Swabia.
>>
>>53764978
>for ordinary people*
>>
File: 800px-TurkishVocabulary.png (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-TurkishVocabulary.png
92KB, 800x600px
>>53764978
Yes.

>>53764989

The Turkish spoken by the people was much more pure actually.
>>
>>53764989
German is standardized based on Hanoveranian dialect,
as far as I understand correctly, Turks standardized based on a commonly spoken Turkish dialect.
>>
>>53765036
German is technically standardized but every region has some sort of dialect or mix as an Umgangssprache. If you live in Köln you speak Kölsch and if you are from Dresden you speak Sächsisch. Turkish doesnt have this same diversity of dialects. Everyone uses the same word for potato, not erdapfel or kartoffel or whatever further variation.
>>
>>53765031
Source for pureness of common tongue? It hasha been cited that Atatürks speeches have needed to be translated multiple times for Türks over the later generations to understand them.
>>
>>53765250
>Consequently, Ottoman Turkish was largely unintelligible to the less-educated lower-class and rural Turks, who continued to use kaba Türkçe ("raw Turkish"), which used far fewer foreign loanwords and which is the basis of the modern Turkish language.[3]

Also, did you forget that Ataturk was an elite? A very learned man? His speeches are mostly intelligible, I can watch videos of him giving speeches and understand most of it.
>>
>>53765181
Nah m8.
We all speak standard German and people usually use the same word for potato.

If someone hit someone up using Kölsch or Sächsisch it would be a comical situation.
>>
>>53764594
its because in the era in which Turks converted to islam was arabic golden age. there was a saying like this if i am not wrong, "you make science in arabic, you wage wars in turkish".

>>53764663
its kind of a slang for wallet as well.

>>53764623
only elites spoke ottoman turkish which was a really stupid type of turkish. in rural areas people talked the original turkish that we speak today with some changes. grammar rules etc. are nearly same.

>>53764978
exactly.

>>53765250
yes because Atatürk learned administrative turkish which is basically ottoman turkish. later he also learned the regular turkish we use now. his 10th year of republic speech and also speech to youth is pretty much pure turkish with just some several old words that we dont use in it.
>>
>>53765401
forgot to add but his book "speech" was first written in ottoman turkish (aka arabic) and later translated into regular turkish. this was if i am not wrong 1926. But his later speeches are regular, pure turkish that we use now and doesnt need translation.
>>
>>53765393
a north german friend of mine says he has really hard time understanding south germans though even the words used are same. you dont have that problem in turkey. you can understand pretty much all kinds of dialect without problem unless the guy is from thrace.
>>
>>53765393
I know for a fact that this isnt true because I have worked in Baden-Württemberg and studied in Sachsen. Except for in Switz they dont speak in hard dialects professionally if they can help it but they will casually speak the dialect of the region. German is definitely not standardized across Germany. Even Germans have trouble understanding Schweizerdeutsch and Bayrisch.
>>
>>53765490
>>53765649
Remote areas of Bavaria and eastern Germany were somewhat isolated, still, young people all can speak standard German like it's taught in schools and spoken throughout the media.

I have never in my life encountered a situation in which two young people from wherever in Germany couldn't understand each other. Even Austrians know how to speak standard German.
>>
Taqiyya is strong in this thread. Don't take anyone's word for truth and try to research everything yourself, my friends. Peace.

>>53764663
It's Arabic for "pocket", Armenians use it sometimes colloquially in this meaning too. Though when one wants to say that he has no money he can say literally "there is no money in my pocket [jeb]".
Probably the new meaning in Turkish evolved along similar lines.
>>
>>53765911
I go with what seems logical and I found out cep isn't Arabic.
>>
>>53766040
It is Arabic though?
>>
>>53766955
It says online it is rooted from Arabic.
>>
>>53767170
That's exactly what I meant.
>>
>>53766955
>>53767170

Etymology 1[edit]
From Middle Iranian *ǰēb. Cognate with Polish szew (“seam”), Russian шoв (šov, “seam”).

Noun[edit]
pocket
Descendants[edit]
Azeri: cib
Georgian: ჯიბე (ǯibe)
Hindi: जेब (jeb)
Macedonian: џeб (džeb)
Ottoman Turkish: جیب (ceb, cep)
Albanian: xhep
Armenian: ջեբ (ǰeb)
Bulgarian: джoб (džob)
Greek: τσέπη (tsépi)
Hungarian: zseb
Serbo-Croatian: џeп, džep
Slovene: žep
Turkish: cep
Urdu: جیب

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D8%AC%DB%8C%D8%A8
>>
>>53767170
Oh well, that might be correct though.
>>
>>53767294
Cep comes from Arabic.
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/cep
>>
>>53767294
It contradicts the page about the Arabic word.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/جيب

And turns out it means "purse" in Arabic too.
>>
>>53767294
>tfw my language contains both the Persian-from-Arabic žep and the Slavic cognate to the root Persian word šiv

funny thing, language
>>
>>53763964
actually Ğ does have a sound. Just Istanbul Turkish and some others dialects don't
>>
>>53765250
Kamal spoke the administrative language, so..
>>
>>53768427
It's quite fascinating
>>
>>53768427
>funny thing, language
Yeah, Armenian for example managed to borrow the same Iranian word twice.
E.g. "dushman" (enemy) had been borrowed from Middle Persian and undergone sound changes and came to be as "tshnami" in modern Armenian. Later, in Ottoman times, it was again borrowed. So now we have "tshnami" and "dushman" for "enemy" in Armenian.
>>
>>53764498
>k*rdistan cumhuriyeti

Yuck, go learn k*rdish or something.
>>
>>53763255

there is very subtle interaction between the antennas and the mandibles they use to convey basic turkish desires such as rape, genocide and random acts of violence
>>
>>53770950
We did that so your mother wouldn't open wide everytime because she didn't understand the context of the action.
>>
File: CY6buhLW8AAbove.jpg (182KB, 818x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CY6buhLW8AAbove.jpg
182KB, 818x1024px
i like turkish language, but damn it sucks for singing, maybe that is why the old turkics throat singing.

ex from 1991; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQs2R4_Zd1c

>>53770950
heheheheheh
>>
>>53772034
old turkics did throat singing*
>>
>>53772034
Turkish songs are nice though
>>
>>53772034
paçalardan cahillik akıyor
>>
>>53772240
nah, some make it work but %99 of turkish modern music is trash, don't listen to the diasporas
>>
>>53772355
diaspora music? I like Tarkan and some other cool musicians, sounds good to me.
>>
>>53772395
there are better musicians in turkey than tarkan desu.

want something really exotic? 1968, Turkey, Batman city and it has this orchestrate. "Kara Toprak" is a poem of Aşık Veysel, a very popular turkish ministrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cilZCbUQxEY

and the original from Aşık Veysel,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cGANgDZPj8
>>
File: lithuanianTriggering.jpg (64KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
lithuanianTriggering.jpg
64KB, 736x552px
Most of your countries languages are disguting to be honest

(nothing personal, its just truth)

You will never be able to admire beauty of polish language and trigger lithuanian with every word

pic related
>>
I love Turkish. But it's reslly hard to find a decent site to learn it and almost imposible to find an institute. Can any Turkbros give me a hand? Fo You know any good site por youtube channel?
Also, unrelated but are there any ethnic group in Turky that looks like the Central Asia Turkic peoples? I mean, with a Mongol vibe. I am reslly interested in Turkish ethnic history.
>>
>>53776337
>All those diacritics
That's Vietnamese tire. And Polish sounds like a drunk Sweed is trying to speak Russian
It's reslly hard to learn and that makes it interesting, I'll give You that.
>>
>>53776337
Is that real ?
it looks like someone slammed the keyboard at random no offense.
>>
>>53776337
Polish is seriously one of the most ugly languages. Beautiful nation though.

I like the Turkish language desu lads
>>
>>53772071
Throat singing is similar to the ''ommmm'' meditation sounds made by some monks in order to reach trance, while the even stronger vibrational aspect of it, is similar to the sound of the temir komuz.
It has a deeper spiritual meaning. Avoiding lyrical singing is probably not even a quality of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYrLM5rGX8
>>
>>53777355
>>53777407

rude, very tude desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Tbc_XTnPw
>>
>>53767428
>not using nisanyansozluk.com

serj abi i'm disappoint
>>
>>53777148
You could always go to /tr/ and use Duolingo with some movies/songs/shows etc. I could show you some stuff to work with if you're interested.

Also, I'm not aware of any specific group in Turkey that stayed Turkic, but every once in a while you'll see someone with more Turkic features. Slanted eyes, flat face, smaller but slightly wider nose, slight yellow tinge. I'm not sure if they would pass as natives in Central Asia though.
>>
>>53780929
Thank You. And yes, I would be interested :)
>>
>>53779087
You guys are generally bro tier though
>>
>>53781383
For historical type shows you have Muhteşem Yüzyıl and Diriliş Ertuğrul. The former takes place in the mid-Ottoman times and the latter is when they were just a small band in northwestern Turkey getting their shit together.

Leyla ile Mecnun is a comedy show, don't know too much about it but I heard good things about it.

Ezel is a crime/drama series centered around a detective. Great show desu. Öyle Bir Geçer Zaman Ki is a drama show too that I've heard is good (haven't watched it though).

I'll see if I can find you a textbook to work with
>>
File: cubbeli.jpg (58KB, 1266x720px) Image search: [Google]
cubbeli.jpg
58KB, 1266x720px
>>53777148
>are there any ethnic group in Turky that looks like the Central Asia Turkic peoples
we are mixed so we dont look like %100 asian nor %100 european nor %100 mid-eastern.

a sunni congregation leader >pic related
>>
>>53781383
I've found a few .pdf textbooks for you to use. I don't know if the thread will still be alive by the time the link is ready so I'll just name them until then: Teach Yourself Turkish, Turkish Grammar by Robert Underhill, Turkish: A Comprehensive Grammar, and the Delights of Learning Turkish.
>>
>>53781383
https://www.mediafire.com/?dfmhcuegcxj0f3x

Here ya go. I haven't linked any books or articles or anything since you won't understand any of it, but just come around to /tr/ and someone (maybe me) will help
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.