[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been to Northern Portugal or Galiza but from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 17

File: 800px-Gallaecia-suev.png (355KB, 800x634px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Gallaecia-suev.png
355KB, 800x634px
I've never been to Northern Portugal or Galiza but from what I've seen from people that come here to the South people seem in fact ""whiter""= lighter skin

Any true fact to that ?Or just memes ?Is it because it is just North-South variation ?
I searched google and could only get some maps that kinda explain that but no hard facts. Sure I can find Celtic relics and Germanic relics but what else?
Posting said maps.
I want Northern Portuguese to help me.

t. totally not proxy American with muh heritage condition
>>
File: Britonia6hcentury.png (542KB, 1670x2928px) Image search: [Google]
Britonia6hcentury.png
542KB, 1670x2928px
Moar stuff.
>>
Yes it's true, I'm from the north of Spain and we are all mostly white blue eyed and light hair in many cases. The caliphate of Córdoba didn't get to the north of Iberia thus why we didn't mix with the moors and kept clean blood.
>>
>>53686880
Aahhahahahahhahahwh
>>
>>53686880
Exagerating much are we.
>>
>>53686726
my father's from the Aveiro region and my mother from Gondomar. My father looks like the average tanned Iberian and my mother is black haired and green eyed, with the majority of my mother's family being very light haired except my mother and my great-grandmother and everyone's blue and green-eyed and have a really fair complexion. They're not that common, but they exist. Blue eyes are relatively common in the north though.
>>
>>53686726
I have never been there but I will tell you this

According to genetic studies of autosomal dna there is very little genetic difference between northern and southern Spain but there is a very noticeable genetic different between east and western spain

Disregarding the factors genetics might play, they probably have lighter skin because of their climate
>>
I've heard there's a blonde phenotype going around that comes from Viking gangrape, but it might just be another case of romantic muh heritage and we wuz vikings and celtsn shit.
>>
>>53686726
Yes it's pretty white my algarve moor friend.
>>
>>53687402
It's true, but greatly exaggerated. You can sometimes find it in Northern Portuguese coastal villages, but it's really rare. There's also been quite a bit of intermarriage between Portuguese and Dutch there (and in the Azores and Madeira), so you can occasionally find people who look Nordic.

pic related is a Mozambican writer of 100 % Portuguese heritage. They exist, but are really rare.
>>
In fact there are more blonde, blue eyes people in Andalusia because, if I'm not wrong, during the reign of Charles V a lot of center european immigrants came there.
>>
>>53686726
Galician here, we arr rook same. I can't tell other people apart until I hear their accents and there are tons of swarthy people.
>>
File: Mia_Couto_cropped.jpg (34KB, 258x320px) Image search: [Google]
Mia_Couto_cropped.jpg
34KB, 258x320px
>>53687819
actually forgot the picture
>>
>>53687981
m8 that looks like my father how the fuck is that "Nordic"

He looks French to me
>>
File: gootti.jpg (49KB, 462x600px) Image search: [Google]
gootti.jpg
49KB, 462x600px
Visigoths looked something like this and they raped Iberia
>>
>>53687819
Blonde hair is not rare,but the combination of blue eyes+blonde hair is.my mom is natural blonde with green eyes and i have alot of classmates with blonde+brown eyes
>>
>>53688141
Visigoths already mixed with eastern romans before invading Spain and they only spoke latin. Keep your memes for /pol/ or whatever white supremacist shit you visit.
>>
File: Angeleyes.jpg (5KB, 300x118px) Image search: [Google]
Angeleyes.jpg
5KB, 300x118px
>>53688217
>Visigoths conquering spain is a /pol/ meme
>they only spoke latin
>look at Wikipedia and it immediately says Gothic was spoken by the elite
>>
File: 333_4[1].jpg (43KB, 636x366px) Image search: [Google]
333_4[1].jpg
43KB, 636x366px
Do teu verdor cinguido
e de benignos astros,
confín dos verdes castros
e valeroso chan,
non des a esquecemento
da inxuria o rudo encono;
esperta do teu sono
Fogar de Breogán. [father of the founder of Ireland or som shit]

Os bos e xenerosos
a nosa voz entenden [portuguese]
e con arroubo atenden
o noso rouco son,
mais só os iñorantes
e féridos e duros,
imbéciles e escuros [>castillians >white]
non nos entenden, non.

Os tempos son chegados
dos bardos das idades
que as vosas vaguedades
cumprido fin terán;
pois, onde quer, xigante
a nosa voz pregoa
a redenzón da boa
Nazón de Breogán.
>>
File: del nido.jpg (69KB, 1305x420px) Image search: [Google]
del nido.jpg
69KB, 1305x420px
>>53688379
>look at Wikipedia
>>
>>53688382
>imbéciles e escuros
is that really a line?
>>
>>53688470
Yes
>>
File: Jose-pinto-coelho.jpg (432KB, 620x834px) Image search: [Google]
Jose-pinto-coelho.jpg
432KB, 620x834px
>>53688027
>French
Norman French perhaps. I never see French people like this. Also I didn't say he looks Nordic, I just provided an example of a Portuguese person that /int/ would consider white.
Also based populist shithead Pinto Coelho is Aryan as fuck
>>
File: Eduardopondal.jpg (22KB, 300x467px) Image search: [Google]
Eduardopondal.jpg
22KB, 300x467px
>>53688382
Pondal was swag as fuck.
>>
File: 720-iberian_peninsule.png (384KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
720-iberian_peninsule.png
384KB, 800x590px
>>53686880
This, light eyes are very common and so are redheads/blondes

And before any foreigners say "muh moors" gallaecia was the first region of Iberia to be liberated, they only stayed a couple of years
>>
>>53687819
how the fuck are dutch nordic?
nordic =/= germanic
>>
>>53688382
Explain context please.

>>53688586
I voted for him.
I tried Portugal. I tried.
>>
>>53688792
It's the Galician anthem.
>>
I'm galician, I do look like an average spaniard, white skin but brown hair, green eyes tho this is not for the average spaniard but it's almost irrelevant.

Galicia is clearly genetically divided, but not by geography.

It's like there is some african background that sometimes shows up. Here you can find the most "moorish" (I'd say african, or berber) spaniards and also the most nordic spaniards, because this land was also the land of vikings and celts.

This is not proved but I think there is also iberian genetics in here. I mean iberics. Or this is a later thing because of spaniards getting in Galicia.

I'd summarize, Galicia as Spain is everything but homogeneous. There is coexistence of different genetical peoples since the first ones.
>>
>>53688768
Are you people illiterate
I just wrote Nordic to accentuate the fact that next to Vikings Dutch also interbred in small scale with local populations, giving rather Nordic traits
I didn't say they are Nordic, I said they look. And you can tell me whatever you want m8, but there isn't that much of a difference between people from the Lowlands and the German coast and actual Scandinavians.
>>
>>53686726
There tend to be more white Portuguese on the north , the southern ones are indeed more tanned. It's more sunny and dry in the south, and the south is much more mixed with moors than the north.

It's not just memes that we here in the north call southerners moors.
>>
>>53688954
Galicians from the backlands/mountains are weird, they're kinda often blue eyed but at the same time look swarthy as fuck.
>>
>>53688978
Scandinavians came from germany during the big migration after the fall of rome.Iberia got visigoths and suebis,suebis just had the most frequency of blue eyes/blonde hair since they came from germany and visigoths came from ukraine.
>>
>>53688819
Noice.
>>
File: GaukvjL.png (829KB, 2000x2928px) Image search: [Google]
GaukvjL.png
829KB, 2000x2928px
>>53688586
>Pinto Coelho
If you mean Passos Coelho, we northerners tried to get him to power, but the moors cvcked us
>>
>>53688954
Yes, definitely noticed that as well. There were a couple of kids in my school who were just dark as fuck, out of the blue. 100% galician with normal (perhaps swarthier than usual) parents and brothers. inb4 cuck fathers, may be, we gave them shit for it but I don't think it is actually the case.
>>
>>53689034
Also, Galicia and Portugal's North stayed very little time under moor control, so less mixing occurred.
>>
>>53689270
alot of people in iberia either fled to asturias/france or payed the muslim tax which would let them stay in peace.
Genetically didn't affect much but it affected the language.
>>
>>53689136
There's been a more recent admixture during the Viking raids though, and the intermarriages between Dutch sailors and merchant families on the one side and the locals on the other. That's what I was talking about, I never negated the Suebi and Visigothic movement.

>>53689204
I'm talking about the PNR m8, not the PSD. Also Passos Coelho has a black wife and your government is now made by Indians and communists :^)
>>
>>53686880
Blue eyes and even less so light hair are not the most common types anywhere in Iberia, even the most northen zones don't go above 25% light eyes
>>
>>53689331
Yes, but even with tax, with so many years under moor control, it's obvious that some mixing occurs.

There is also another thing take makes Portuguse skin darker.

HAVING A FREAKING TAN IS A POSITIVE THING HERE. God knows why. People are always sun bathing to get a tan.
>>
>>53689448
>first sun-rays in a week or so
>immediately went into the balcony to get some on my skin
I don't know man, it just seems the right thing to do.
>>
>>53689448
First of all,go search''limpieza de sangue''.
There was alot of segregation over moriscos and new christians that they couldn't even marry and produce descendants.
There wasn't alot of north african influx into iberia,only the soldiers and nobels came.
The strait of gibraltar wasn't something you could cross just by will alone.
The inquisition also had a big part on this.
Alot of jews/moors fled to italy/north africa respectively but some jews stayed and adopted new ''portuguese'' surnames'' like: Pereira,Coelho,Maçiera,Carvalho,Laranjeira,Lima,etc(animals/plants names)for fuck sake,do you have this druidish names in other countries?
So this darker features could be more attributed to jews
>>
>>53688954
this explains why franco looked like a moroccan
>>
>>53689727
>Maçiera
kek
Maciera
>>
>>53689727
Tree names are also very common with "real" Christian Portuguese though. It's easier to identify them with pseudo-Catholic surnames like Espírito Santo or Biblical ones like Miguel and Gabriel. Also Fonseca and Espinoza/Spinoza are very popular just look at the most famous Baruch Spinoza

>do you have this druidish names in other countries?
Ashkenazi names often end in -baum, -berg, -stein, -mann and contain words like colours (rot/roth, grün/gruen/green, gold, silber), gems (Rubin-,Diamant-,Bernstein) because Jews liked to laugh at the obligation to have surnames that fit in. They started using names that make analogies to biblical figures again (like the colours representing the different tribes of Israel), to Jewish customs or who sound very homophonic to parts of their culture (many people with the Kahn/Kohn/Kuhn name have Jewish ancestry, as it's just a different and more German way to write Cohen).

Look up Jewish/Hebrew names on Wikipedia, there's a lot of it there.
>>
>>53690206
The German Wikipedia article about Jewish surnames explains really well the origin of many names. It's still understandable if you translate it with Google.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCdischer_Name
>Apfel (Apple) comes from Ephraim
kek
>>
>>53690206
>>53690509
kike detected, leave my country
>>
>>53690974
illegal as fuck post
take care bruh
>>
>>53690974
>implying Jews aren't top tier citizens and throwing them out has been statewide autism for centuries that slowed our scientific progress down
I'm Portuguese, tbf, I wrote it in an earlier post. Learn to read /pol/tard
>>
>>53691171
are you muh heritage with 1 or 2 portuguese parents?
>>
>>53691319
I wrote in an earlier post where my parents are from m8. I'm just a random second gen Portuguese born in Luxembourg like probably half of the people.
>>
>>53691171
Yes, they didn't realize that throwing the Jews out is useless if you later let Jews from other countries trick you out of all your money.
>>
>>53691406
Nice,do your parents speak portuguese at home?How did other people perceived yo uwhen you told them you were portuguese or something similar.
>>
>>53691406
Do people hate us outside??

Our diaspora is pretty shitty.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>53691838
Apparently Americans view you as Mexicans.
Doesn't seem hateful or positive.
>>
>>53691648
We still speak Portuguese at home, I find it extremely weird talking with my family in another language. Sometimes I speak with my brother in German, it's rare though as he forgot most of the language since we moved to Belgium.

Depends on the people. As I don't consider myself fully Portuguese (I wrote about it here >>53503545 some days ago) because of cultural differences people tend to just consider me part of the country.
Belgians are generally open-minded and won't call you a foreigner unless you explicitely consider yourself so. Latinos often talk to me in Spanish though.
We also have the construction memes because many worked in that field when arriving here (like my father does), also the French somehow have a
>Portuguese women are hairy
meme although the rest of the world says this about French women. Also sometimes people start talking with Portuguese accents and do cliche shit thanks to a some viral videos that transcribed the stereotypical Portuguese in France very well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP-sV3HP5Z0

>>53691838
Depends on the people, the newly arriving Portuguese are often fucktards who think money grows on trees in Luxembourg and Belgium and are arrogant af. Those who came before the new millenium are often considered good tier immigrants though, we tend to integrate well generally like Italians and Spaniards.
The worst are Portuguese exchange students who start shitting up everything with muh avecs and muh superiority because my parents were wealthy enough to stay in the country
>>
File: 1441214789195.jpg (17KB, 179x250px) Image search: [Google]
1441214789195.jpg
17KB, 179x250px
>>53692085
*Sigh*

Feels bad man.
>>
>>53692135
I say that because returning immigrants here in general are shitty as fuck.

Not including you. Avecs mostly.
>>
>>53689204
>Comunas ganharam em dois Concelhos
>2015

matem-me
>>
>>53692135
>The worst are Portuguese exchange students who start shitting up everything with muh avecs and muh superiority because my parents were wealthy enough to stay in the country
oh fuck... :DDD
>>
>>53692209
I know, every time we return to Portugal during the summer there's a Portuguese family from France in my fathers village who are also shitheads and their children don't speak properly French or Portuguese
>faz attention Pedro, tu vas tomber
>tu vas tomber Pedro calma-te
>O FILHO DO CARALHO EU DICE QUE VAIS CAIR VOU DAR-TE UMA CHAPADA
kek

more shitty Portuguese stereotypes that perfectly show how French people see you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCR9yS9fdNs
>>
>>53692355
Fuck man I hate the ideia foreigners have of my country sometimes.

I don't look stereotypical Portuguese I'm just gonna start saying I'm English or something.
>>
>>53692964
you're blonde haired/blue eyed?
>>
>>53693020
Nope.

I'm just Irish tier pale and my facial features are different.

And I'm talking about this type of white- pic related.

Kinda embarrassing in the summer.
>>
File: 936full-kerry-condon.jpg (65KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
936full-kerry-condon.jpg
65KB, 640x800px
>>53693155
>>53693020

Pic didn't upload for some reason.
>>
>>53692355
O que caralho é "vref". Tens que ser francês para perceber?
>>
>>53692964
This stereotype is only used by unfunny lower social class faggots and people who want to insult you but fail nowadays. Many second gen Portuguese are actually pretty succesful (like one of the two Daft Punk guys is a second gen Portuguese) and even joke about the stereotype. I honestly find the shitty banter on /int/ much worse

>>53693227
vref is the Iberian pronounciation of the French word bref, which means tl;dr. It was a meme around 2010 to end fucking everything with bref after a shitty video with accelerations and those stock sounds you can see in the video.

>>53693207
My mother looks like her tbf, although she's green-eyed

also tell Sumol+Compal to fully conquer the European continent, by far best juice/limonade I've drunk in my life

I'm out for a snowball fight lads, my exams finished and this is a student town. If any of you have other questions about anything I'll probably be back in one or two hours
>>
>>53693207
I do also have pale/pasty skin and very dark hair as do most portuguese that don't go outside ;)
>>
File: 1452654230267.jpg (69KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452654230267.jpg
69KB, 720x960px
>>53693313
forgot picture
>>
>>53693313
Compal is love m8.

>>53693329
I go outside but I need sunscreen even in the winter here.
>>
>>53693499
>>
File: talberte.jpg (106KB, 463x618px) Image search: [Google]
talberte.jpg
106KB, 463x618px
t. Alberte Barbosa
>>
>>53688141
no that's just an ugly northen european
>>
File: Uncucked.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Uncucked.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>53692964
Portuguese get a ton of flack from everyone in Europe, our reputation certainly isn't the best. I believe this is because of all the uneducated people that fled the country after 25 de Abril and when we entered the EU, it's a bit like poles (it's starting to change tho, but it's a big loss for our country in return as we lose tons of educated people). I lived in Luxembourg for more than a decade:

- politicians are generally grateful and praise how the portuguese diaspora helped their country grow and how well they integrated (this is mostly regarding those that came in the 80s-early 90s)

- there is a bit of resentment lately as the number of portuguese has tremendously increased and the luxembourgers are slowly decreasing in numbers, that we might actually take over their country (imo it's unfounded and no portuguese I know wants that)

- things are real nice for those that arrived first but they're starting to send people back and it's increasingly difficult to find a job, even more to find a home where you don't have to shell out over 1000€ a month for rent only; this is also because lots of french invade the country every day and immigration from ex-yugoslavia countries increased a lot, things are getting tight

- most of the portuguese in Luxembourg are from the centre-north (Mortagua is infamous), they like to hold yearly festivals where they celebrate themselves (and Quim Barreiros) and run around in the streets like retards when the selecçao plays (which really pisses off the ORDNUNG-loving luxembourgish police), oh and put portuguese flags everywhere that also pisses luxembourgers off (I believe they even made some kind of law that you have to show the luxembourgish flag next to another flag now)

So yeah, we're kind of a nuisance to them but there's much, much worse than us thankfully.
>>
>>53696890
saving that for later use
>>
>>53696890
>oh and put portuguese flags everywhere that also pisses luxembourgers off (I believe they even made some kind of law that you have to show the luxembourgish flag next to another flag now)
This is totally normal in every country with migrant populations that have football culture actually, and nobody gets pissed off by it. I only remember a butthurt Luxembourger in 2006 always trying to fuck with Portuguese, first came with an England shirt during the 8 round and then with a Dutch shirt during the quarter finals. Shit was gold that day

Other than that you're pretty right
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.