[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this the only European country that doesn't ban guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: siwzerland-jokose.jpg (2MB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
siwzerland-jokose.jpg
2MB, 2122x1415px
Why is this the only European country that doesn't ban guns?
>>
>>53425884
We don't hunt with bows and arrows.
>>
It doesn't, I couldn't get a gun in switzerland. Banned nationality
>>
File: DZKEbb7.jpg (993KB, 2424x5958px) Image search: [Google]
DZKEbb7.jpg
993KB, 2424x5958px
When will the backwards Swissfats give up their guns like the rest of the EU? Owning guns is racist, it frightens the migrants.
>>
>>53425884
They are rich, so they can afford the price of freedom
>>
>>53425884
Mine doesn't either. Last time I checked we had something like 50-60 firearms per 100 citizens. Obviously not as much as in the US, but still quite a lot by European standards.
>>
>>53425984
>it frightens the migrants.
kek, this is what gun-totting American maniacs believe. Europeans have the composure and sensibility to maintain proper control of firearms because they're not a form of entertainment like in the US.
>>
>>53426089
Swiss gun laws are looser than some states you mudslime nigger.

Shouldn't you be on your way to Germany right now?
>>
>>53425884
Because all people from there owns first-aid kits in case of accidents.
>>
>>53426089

no, Europeans are happy with being cucks to the state because the state can do no wrong.

the word of the government is divine mandate in Europe.
>>
>>53425984

pretty much the same applies to austrian gun law aswell
>>
They're rich, they can do whatever they want

t. Ausländer
>>
Czechs and Finns can own guns too.
>>
>>53426204
No it doesn't.

When you can get a permit in two weeks, no tests, safes or police interview required let me know.
>>
Only the UK has retarded gun laws. Everywhere else you can easily get a gun. Just takes a bit more time/effort than in the US.
>>
>>53426133
>Swiss gun laws are looser than some states
Quite an achievement. Only an American would compare a single EU state to his country.

>Shouldn't you be on your way to Germany right now?
Nah, but I presume you should be on your way to the nearest psychologist for an intelligence evaluation. Or maybe you're 'special' like all the American kids?

>>53426186
Americans literally cried over a red disposable plastic cup. The difference is that you are submissive towards corporations.
>>
>>53426263
Nice taqiyya
>>
File: UK_Legal_Firearms.jpg (237KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
UK_Legal_Firearms.jpg
237KB, 1200x877px
>>53425884
we have guns, only specific guns are banned.

So does Germany, France, etc etc

I don't know where this meme came from that we banned all.
>>
>>53426281
>switzerland
>eu

The camel piss has rotted your brain, Ahmed. Shouldn't you be waging Jihad over teddy bears called Mohammed? Nigger.

>submissive towards corporations

Which results in me having far greater negative liberty than any Eurokek country.
>>
>>53425884
Because they don't have a proper military
>>
>>53426340
>.22lr

holy shit

your laws are draconian chap
>>
>>53426340
Unless you can go to Walmart and buy a rifle on the spot you're a freedom hating country that has banned guns
>>
>>53425884

guns aren't banned, you just can't pop into tesco and buy one with a packet of ginger biscuits
>>
>>53425884
Cos they are only pussies. Other nations are too dangerous and succesfully kill without guns.
>>
>>53426375
So a single European country is directly comparable to the entire US? I bet you think your state is superior to a proper Western European country as well, kek.

>Shouldn't you be waging Jihad over teddy bears called Mohammed? Nigger.
Why all this butthurt, Cleetus? Shouldn't you be preparing for a night out with your sister Jenny? I'd rather camel piss than have triglycerides rot my cerebral vessels like the average American poster on 4chan.
>>
>>53426414
Yeah limited to .22lr with semi auto, mostly all handguns were banned apart from sporting pistols and all full auto was banned.

We were fully legal until the school shooting in Dunblane then most things were made illegal, draconian but still accessible.
>>
We have a lot of guns and we just told EU to go fuck themselves for trying to gun grab
>>
>>53426460
I have a gun shop like 3 miles away from me that has guns on the walls like walmart, only thing different is the types of guns and i need a certificate to buy them which if i recall correctly is the same as in some American states.
>>
>>53426460
>all semi-autos are 22LR, aka useless
>only manual action is free of restriction
And I bet they'd deny you a license just to fuck with you.
"What do you need a shitty rifle that shoots .22 pellets for?"
>>
>>53426566
vermin and target shooting, the only reasons you need guns....
>>
>>53426375
Why people keep saying 'negative liberty' that doesn't mean shit, when one talks about free speach*, you are talking about critics since no one actually bans positive speach*.

* sorry bad english
>>
We are nr 9 in guns per capita.
>>
Maine is the whitest state in the USA
Maine is 95% white and has a homicide rate of 1,6 per 100.000 inhabitants
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/23000.html
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state#MRalpha

Britian is 87% white and has a homicide rate of 1,0 per 100.000 inhabitants
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom
>>
>>53426164
underrated
>>
>>53426595
Hunting, skeet shooting, "self-defence," collecting, investmemt...

There are lots of reasons to own guns larger than .22. Having said that, a .22 WMR/LR is not a pellet gun, it's an effective rifle. Everyone should own a .22.
>>
File: consang-net.jpg (53KB, 460x325px) Image search: [Google]
consang-net.jpg
53KB, 460x325px
>>53426492
The funny thing is that the greatest, safest and most prosperous country in western europe has the laxest gun laws. It drives you leftisy retards insane.

>a muslim calling anybody else inbred

Holy fuck. Go blow up a camel, you disgusting nigger.
>>
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28948946

>proud American '''''aryan'''' getting himself killed by handing an Uzi to a child
>>
>>53426729
>Go blow up a camel, you disgusting nigger.
Right back at you Cleetus, isn't that your specialty?
>>
File: 1362692458123.png (34KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
1362692458123.png
34KB, 199x200px
>>53426786
>A MUSLIM NIGGER

Holy fucking shit. Lady luck must have fucking hated you
>>
>>53426546

True, some states have permit/FOID requirements and worse in some cases to buy guns, the difference is that no state has or will attempt anytime soon a centerfire semiauto ban, which is the basis of your and Australia's gun control IIRC (.22 being a rimfire round).
>>
>>53426854
I am actually content with who I am, because I don't rate myself by being born a certain way or owning 10 guns like a proud redneck
>>
>>53426729

It's obviously related to culture, and your gun culture is shit.
>>
>>53426729
>greatest, safest and most prosperous country in western europe

thats london
>>
>>53426893
You are genetically and culturally inferior. I'd want a gun too to blow my own fucking head off if I was S*danese.
>>
File: maine-sign-original.jpg (33KB, 319x271px) Image search: [Google]
maine-sign-original.jpg
33KB, 319x271px
>>53426638
Does Maine count suicide, drunk driving/boating accidents, etc as murder but the UK does not?

Also, Maine, while the whitest and statistically safest state for violent crime rates, it scores well below the national average for education and has a lot of poverty. The UK scores extremely high on education according to the new Pearson model and I don't think they're especially poor. Also, Maine has fewer police per capita than any other state and the lowest rate of incarceration. It might have more to do with the UK's larger police presence than gun ownership or "dangerous Americans."
>>
You can easily get shotguns and rifles here, people just don't need them.
Handguns too, but it's more difficult.
>>
File: 14171355262711.png (295KB, 553x472px) Image search: [Google]
14171355262711.png
295KB, 553x472px
>>53426926
>>
>>53426290
Even in this "liberal hellhole" I can get just about any gun apart from full-auto/military-grade stuff. Just takes at least a year of membership at a shooting club and a background check.
>>
>>53426966
>You are genetically and culturally inferior
Nah m8, I already know I am genetically and intellectually superior to someone like you, who's only source of pride is having the same skin colour as Goethe but obviously without the intellect to match.

>>53426918
Its the characteristic American tribal mentality - 'You ain't a gun lover like me, you dun goofed you damned lefty'

He's just perpetuating the American stupidity stereotype on 4chan kek
>>
>>53426729
>The funny thing is that the greatest, safest and most prosperous country in western europe has the laxest gun laws.

There is no material difference in the safety of Switzerland and the rest of the West (Except the US which is developing country tier)

It's almost as if Gun Laws don't really affect the safety of the public If your countries society isn't a fractured pile of shit like Americas is
>>
>>53425884
It isn't, most Yuro countries have lax laws on semi-automati weapons.
>>
>>53427091

>Nah m8, I already know I am genetically and intellectually superior to someone like you, who's only source of pride is having the same skin colour as Goethe but obviously without the intellect to match.

Hence why you have to spout your "intellectual" drivel on a Mongolese throat-singing forum, right?

Nigger fucking please, I donate canned food to your shit. You project a massive inferiority complex knowing that your durka shithole hasn't contributed anything meaningful to the sciences or literature. Many of your fellow brethren would die to live in America.
>>
>>53426972
UK's economy is Mississippi tier, as with most Western European countries. >>53427050
>>
>>53426638
>Maine is 95% white and has a homicide rate of 1,6 per 100.000 inhabitants

It's more around 90%, that is counting many native Americans as white (they live out in the western portion). Basically the tribal identification is around 4.5% or something but when racial stats come out its way less

The state has gotten pretty scary due to a huge heroin epidemic :(
>>
>>53427170
Switzerland had a homicide rate of 0.5 in 2014.

It's easily safer than every European country bar Iceland (hence why I said mainland Europe).
>>
>>53427313
> I donate canned food to your shit
Probably deprived you of 0.01% of your daily caloric intake

>Many of your fellow brethren would die to live in America.
Most also stand a better chance of dying in America
>>
>>53427362
The difference between 0.5 and 1 is a lot smaller than the difference between 1 and 2, or 2 and 4
>>
>>53425884
pro tip
switzerland's gun deaths are 4 times less than the US but only has 10 million people
>>
>>53427313
Alright, Ameribro thanks for the banter. I apologize if I offended you (you seem a bit wound up) but I hope you have nice day.

See you later, alligator.
>>
File: Hunting.jpg (315KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hunting.jpg
315KB, 1400x1000px
>>53426918
Not him but like America in general our gun culture is large and diverse. The majority of gun owners are safe and responsible collectors, hunters, &c, with shotguns and rifles to match. The violent gun culture, which is mostly urban, is something entirely different and centers around handguns, self-defence, tactical or assault type rifles, &c.

>>53427330
Most recent puts Maine at 94.9% non-Hispanic white and around 2.9% Amerindian. Leaving Asians, Hispanics, blacks, etc to make up 1.2% of the population. Most if which is college students, Prtlanders from away, and Lewiston Somalis.
You could live a lifetime Downeast and never see anything but lily white folk and the odd Wabanaki/Algonquin/Passamaquoddy.

The heroin is a problem, we should give them back tneir oxy and make throw out LePage's new law that removes Mainecare recipients from extended methadone use. I'd rather pay some taxes for a junkie to be on daily methadone doses for a decade than oaying taxes for more police to stop heroin cartels from Mass and CT.
>>
>>53427393
>better chance of dying in America

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/sudan-life-expectancy

My fucking sides.
>>
>>53426281
>>53426492
Ameriblobs getting BTFO
>>
>>53427694

It would be really interesting to see how the amount of gun related injuries in America compare to the rest of the world. I mean any idiot who doesn't know the handle from the muzzle can buy a gun in America.
>>
Switzerland does ban certain people from buying guns.
>>53426729
>greatest, safest and most prosperous country in western europe
let's not go that far. We're safe and prosperous, no need to bring in superlatives.
>>53427446
Source? Because what I've found are 3 per 100k people gun deaths, while the US has 10.
>>
>>53427896
Yeah, I hate the idea of starting a slippery slope by legislating gun ownership or purchases, and I'm a big fan of guns, and usually lean towards the right, but I would definitely support a syatem that nakes gun owners show some sort of competence. Something like a hunter's safetey course style test but for all firearm owners. I think that's what Canada and much of Europe have. This, paired with a criminal history/mental health check, would cut down a lot on gun accidents and crime in the US.
>>
>>53428483

You might not get rid of hardcore criminals but get fewer junkies who spontaneously rob grocery stores for drug money, idiots who keep loaded guns on the kitchen table and tinfoil maniacs capable to go on a killing spree at any moment.
>>
>>53426241
When you can get a SBR or SBS without fees or paperwork let me know :^)
>>
Do you even have internet in your trailer, Cleetus?
>>
>>53429217
>coming from Ivan
>>
>>53425884
because helvetia is amazing
>>
In case of the weapons the army gives you and that you take home I know two theories:
1. The state in the past didn't want spend money on storehouses
2. The force of arms should be in the hands of the people
>>
>>53427694
>ost recent puts Maine at 94.9% non-Hispanic white and around 2.9% Amerindian. Leaving Asians, Hispanics, blacks, etc to make up 1.2% of the population. Most if which is college students, Prtlanders from away, and Lewiston Somalis.
>You could live a lifetime Downeast and never see anything but lily white folk and the odd Wabanaki/Algonquin/Passamaquoddy.

Yeah that's what I mentioned, I saw a stat where tribal membership was higher than the racial identification. So about twice as many people identify as belonging to a tribe than they do actually racially calling themselves red native. My grandmother lived in a trailer park in Knox country and I remember there were several natives, or at least wannabees there. All sorts of dreamcatchers and knick-nacks in the windows and stuff.
>>
>>53425884
Guns aren't banned
>>
>>53430878
I have seen that too, both people almost idolizing native shit and very white looking, as in pale, freckled, ginger, people who live on the Pleasent Point reservation and claiming to be native.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.