[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Turkey become part of the EU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: europe_turkey.jpg (81KB, 1382x878px) Image search: [Google]
europe_turkey.jpg
81KB, 1382x878px
I know this is a very old question, but let's have it again. The last time this was discussed at length, we had quite a bit more Islamophobia and Xenophobia in Europe, which really decreased considerably since then.

I'm from the Balkans myself, and I've met a few Turks who were rather backwards, usually from rural areas, but also really awesome and progressive people from Istanbul. I also see many people here who are completely integrated (actually since I'm a student, I only meet integrated ones). So here is my opinion:

Pros:
>Turkey is doing economically well
>People from Istanbul are awesome
>Turkey is partly (I would even say largely) genetically European, the people who settled Asia minor in acient times were genetically and culturally Europeans
>Turkey is geopolitically important
>Turkey has lots of people who are more secular than most Europeans
>Some Turkish girls are real qts

Cons:
>More than half of the country elected Erdogan
>They support ISIS
>They are (still) genocidal and haven't come clear about their past
>They could sabotage the EU much worse than the UK does
>It's questionable whether they could secure their border
>It will involve the EU in middle eastern conflicts

If they were to integrate the western part of Turkey only, Instanbul and the coast, I would vote yes immediately. I'm not sure about the rest. What is your opinion /int/?
>>
File: fragezeichenshimakaze.jpg (174KB, 816x979px) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichenshimakaze.jpg
174KB, 816x979px
I doubt you can fuck up the EU any more.
All is fine at this point, I guess.
>>
europe should push turkey to be more secular and give istanbul to russia then put consederations to join the eu
>>
>>53405340
>they support isis
that doesnt stop sweden and germany
>>
>>53405418
The EU is pretty much perfect. You can literally move right now to any place you like and do anything you want, work, study, whatever. Literally every major city you go to you will meet people from all over Europe.

Also, you can buy and sell anything inside of the EU without any additional taxes. It's literally paradise, and it's huge.
>>
EU bump
>>
>>53405608
why do I have to pay additional taxes if I buy Coffee in Venlo then?
why do you need the EU to move, study and work abroad? You still have to do the exact same paperwork you would do to move to any other country.

Thats bullshit. If your cunt isnt wealthy EU just means that you surrender your (economical) sovereignity to Germany, England and France.
Majority of memberstates neither contribute, nor benefit in the end. You just artificially impoverish poor countries even more and force people to leave their homecountries to make a living.

Unless you actually find a way to make everyone benefit, the EU is pretty fucking useless.
>>
sure
where is my white woman?
>>
>>53406097
Hello
>>
>>53405452
haha lmao suck my dick, istanbul is ours
>>
File: Köln.png (35KB, 229x142px) Image search: [Google]
Köln.png
35KB, 229x142px
>>53406097
>>
>>53406114
AAAAAAAJJJJJJJ
>>
>>53405608
does your daddy work for the EU or an entity connected to the EU?
>>
pigs and roaches, why not
>>
>>53406059
I've never paid any extra taxes for coffee anywhere, unless you mean weed, in which case I don't know.

You don't need any paperwork to move in the EU, you just move. Admissions at universities used to be (no numerus clausus): Open to citizens, limited to foreigners. But as EU citizen, you are also considered citizen, in that and many other instances.

Why do small countries need economical sovereignty in the first place? Sure you can argue fringe cases, but overall the improvements are huge and the drawbacks are minimal.

German companies f.e. can produce cheaper in Romania, under EU law and EU quality guidelines, with more control and less taxes than in China. It's a win-win, and most people in Germany won't even work a trade.
>>
>>53406716
if you're trying to troll, at least know your stuff.
>>
>Turkey has lots of people who are more secular than most Europeans

You're right, Turkey is more secular than every other Islamic country.
>>
>>53406765
Which remark did you consider troll? The drawbacks of less are economic sovereignty amount to literally disadvantaging certain industries, but no country in the EU relies on one single industry. Loads of stuff is produced in the eastern European countries already, and Germany has 6 million open trade jobs nobody wants to do.
>>
>>53406864
I have friends from rural areas of Austria (I'm from Austria originally), and they are super backwards Christian people. The Istanbul Turks I've met are 10 times more progressive.
>>
We should never join EU
>>
>>53405340
>joining pork-eating, wife-cuckolding, dirty-infidel club

no. we just need to genocide kurds. turkey is great without them and it won't need euroshekels.
>>
I am from France in transit at Toronto Pearson Airport.

I am pro-Europe, federalist.

If Turkey ever joins the EU, I will vote for my country's euro-skeptic party and try to convince anyone I can to do the same.

Never. I will fight till my last breath to make it impossible for Turkey to join.
>>
>>53406996
>6 million jobs with vacancies

I wonder why...
>>
>>53408716
Subhanallah
>>
I think they should let russia bully the roaches
>>
Turks don't even want in.
>>
>>53405340

I don't understand why middle eastern muslim country would be in the EU
>>
>>53409264
it's more likely other way around my fellow k*rd
>>
The question is why would we want to join?
>>
>>53405340
Turkey's natural alignment is with Europe, but that would require a free Kurdistan

But until the current breed of quasi-Islamist politicians are out of there, Turkey will stagnate in its current position
>>
>>53405340
Yes

It's 2016, why is this still debated?
>>
>>53408716
good luck with that dude
>>
>>53407080
t. Mehmet
>>
>>53409474
Idk. You don't need to join. Just let Istanbul and the European part come over, you can stay.
>>
File: image.png (294KB, 464x521px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
294KB, 464x521px
>>53407080
>I have friends from rural areas of Austria (I'm from Austria originally), and they are super backwards Christian people. The Istanbul Turks I've met are 10 times more progressive
>>
>>53410058
actually it's t. Miroslav

Doesn't make it any less true
>>
>>53410235
>clueless American shitposting
>probably has never left his country

bravo
>>
>>53410310
I guarantee I've been to more countries than you, cockroach
>>
>>53410327
I doubt that very much my dumb friend.
>>
>>53410373
Doubt it as much as you want mehmet, it doesn't make you any less of a butthurt shitskin
>>
>>53405340
t.turk
>>
>>53410482
I'm not butthurt nor a shitskin. Your stupidity amuses me.
>>
>>53410677
>I-I'm not butthurt

Is that why you replied then?

Retarded muslim get back to your desert
>>
>>53409756
literally means less than nothing without a legend to an uneducated mind. I'm assuming red is high, and dark blue is low, with the scale in between.
>>
>>53410711
I reply to bump my thread. Thank you for doing the same.
>>
>>53405340
The EU will fall apart before Turkey ever makes it in. Turkey should stay out for their own sake, unless they want to lose their national identity and become slaves to Bernd like what happened to every former Warsaw Pact country that joined.
>>
>>53405340
Dude, there's Turks in Turkey.
>>
File: Hellenism_in_the_Near_East_1918.jpg (862KB, 1403x1721px) Image search: [Google]
Hellenism_in_the_Near_East_1918.jpg
862KB, 1403x1721px
>>53410886
And plenty of "Turks" who were Greeks 100 years ago.

We ought to take some responsibility for this as Europeans I think.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.