[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CALLING ALL MUH HERITAGE AND GENETIC FAGS!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

I recently got back my 23andme results and it was completely different from my ancestry dna results.

Recently people have been complaining about 23andme's accuracy after they did a bunch of changes.

Personally I think ancestry dna was much more accurate according to what I know about my family, what are your opinions?

>note
(I know this place is mostly banter, I wanted to make this thread on /his/ but they banned me last time I did and I know a bunch of you lads took these tests)
>>
>>53259833
Post ancestry for comparison plox.
>>
nice gemes
>>
>>53259868
What do you mean? My heritage tree

>>53259876
thanks m8
>>
>>53259914
No the ancestry dna test you did.
>>
>>53259932
The OP image is my ancestry dna test, do you want to see my 23andme?
>>
>>53259957
Yes
>>
>>53259982
West European for ancestry dna is labeled as "french and german" while 23 and me calls refers to it more specifically as french and german

23 and me doesn't make a distinction between and irish and british dna like ancestry dna does
>>
I find paying for this shit incredibly autistic.
>>
>>53260174
When your a mutt it's quite interesting, although I received this as a present
>>
>>53260228
this tb.h fa.m
>>
>>53260228
>giving private companies access to your literal genome is considered a present in yankland and not an invasion of privacy
Wew lad
>>
>>53260299
>>>/x/
They can do absolutely nothing with it and I came up negative for any variant for genetic diseases so if an insurance company did get their hands on it, there would be zero problems
>>
>>53260344
You didn't know this before it came out negative though
>>
>>53260481
True, it is a risk, but according to the company the information will never be released, but now I have extra peace of mind as there is no damaging info on it
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>53260068
i probably look like you
>>
>>53260944
>0.1% Ashkenazi

Jordan pls
>>
>>53260068
>>53260944
>>53259833
> Less than 51 % Scandinavian

Into the trashcan you go lads
>>
>>53261019
im shorter
>>
>>53260944
Are you incredibly pale, have light brown slightly wavy hair, a large straight nose, a heavy brow ridge, large blue eyes and stand at 6'1?

I think the ancestry dna test is more accurate though, I know at least half my ancestors came from Germany, I think my irish dna made 23 and me mistake it as British
>>
>>53261019
>t. 49% Somali
>>
>>53261146
5' 10 but all others yes
>>
>>53261207
oddly enough, it said some of my genes for height were derived from neanderthals... those must have been tall neanderthals

>>53261168
And australians say kiwis cant banter
>>
>>53261146
I would trust ancestry dna more as well, it's likely the mistake in British dna was the combination of your german and Irish heritage

The North African could be a misread of your Iberian as well.
>>
File: muh.jpg (2MB, 5128x4116px) Image search: [Google]
muh.jpg
2MB, 5128x4116px
>>53259833
r8
>>
>>53261763
What is the criteria to r8?
>>
>>53259833
>Great Britain
><1%
noice
fuck england
>>
>>53259833

Autosominal testing is only as good as the base of samples they are comparing yours to. 2andme have completely fouled theirs up.

You cannot use samples from people of non-homogenous ethnic groups if you want to determine a persons ethnicity. As most New Worlders are at least 2 or more ethnicities, and most do not really know much about their ancestry beyond 2-3 generations, and because their declaration of their ethnicity is taken into account in the filing of their genetic data, and is in many cases inaccurate. All future comparissons are then innacurate and all results are skewed.

The bigger the database, and more corrupt and inaccurate the results.

These sites are now pure marketing with a shiny interface. What you can use them for is raw gnome data, then use realistic calculators, or hire a professional to analyze it, and you can find relatives.

But the ancestry percentages given by these sites are absolute rubbish, and get worse the more time passes and more people are added to the database.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.