[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this helping Mexico?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

File: NAFTA_logo.svg.png (371KB, 2000x1636px) Image search: [Google]
NAFTA_logo.svg.png
371KB, 2000x1636px
How is this helping Mexico?
>>
>>53217374
Your GDP grew a lot and you are outperforming almost all of Latin America
>>
>>53217457
being your backyard is not a good thing
>>
>>53217467
We know.
>>
>>53217467

You're in good company, friend. Every country is our backyard.
>>
>>53217484
>>53217485
i mean non american companies only come here because we border you and we are cheap
>>
>>53217509

What do you care the reasons? People are being employed and you have one of the largest economies in latam.

Why don't you tell me what Mexico was like before NAFTA and how it is superior to post-NAFTA
>>
>>53217374
We may be part of the big guys someday
>>
>>53217549
i could tell you that thanks to NAFTA the US received illegal immigrants from here
>>
>>53217645
Your point?

The US also receives approximately 80% of your exports, and Canada is your #2 trading partner behind the US. The US is also the biggest consumer of Mexican oil. Why do you dislike this exactly?
>>
>>53217669
>your point
You hate illegal immigration, and see your companies moving here, because we are cheap
>>
>>53218341

I don't think I ever said I hate illegal immigration?
>>
pinche naco acomplejado proxy fag.
>>
>>53217457
NAFTA is also one of the main reasons that inequality is that high in this country. It's one of the main reasons more than 50% of the country is below the poverty line despite some of them working more than 14 hours straight winning around 7 dollars a day, hence the immigration problem and the lack of jobs for Americans due to the fact that companies prefer exploiting people from other countries like slaves instead of skilled people.

We need a BIG reform in the NAFTA treaty.
>>
>>53218374
Do you like it?
>>53218394
En lugar de usar insultos de facebook, como México ha mejorado o empeorado
>>
Is the North American Union actually happening?
>>
>>53218440
*dime como
>>
>>53218440

I don't care either way. It doesn't effect me. You cannot work here without extensive proof that you are a citizen. If an illegal immigrant is working here it's not a good living.

Are you trying to compare illegal immigration to the US with American companies legally coming to Mexico and employing Mexicans?
>>
>>53217457
A big economy is not all, just look at fucking China and their living conditions.
>>
>>53218434

Was poverty low pre-NAFTA?
>>
>>53218463
Don't the americans cry because US companies come here?
>>
The North Mexico is better with NAFTA. South Mexico still very poor. They need another Panama channel there.
>>
>>53218589

Are you going to answer any of the genuine questions I posed to you or what?

Even if the answer is yes, which I don't know, why would that be a problem for YOU?
>>
>>53218628
Stupid Trump hates Nabisco because it has factories in Mexico.
>>
you're right, we should tell mexico to fuck off
>>
>>53218662

Cool. Now about that NAFTA shit. You don't like it because of why? What was better about the country pre-NAFTA?
>>
>>53217374
Where are the canadians, i want their opinion
>>
>>53218501
I'm trying to find reliable sources with statistics, but I honestly can't find any.

But yes, inequality is worse now than what it was 50 years ago. Maybe not what it was 100 years or 200 years ago, because Mexico was even more fucked back then. But the period between 1940 and 1970 was the best in those regards, Mexico has been experiencing bad economic crisis since the 70's, with inequality only getting worse with how NAFTA was handled.

Also this.
>>53218496
>>
>>53218693
We weren't that cucked by you
>>
>>53218703

Okay. But inequality is worse here in America than it ever was 50 or 100 years ago too.

Are you saying NAFTA is to blame for that too?

Also, a big economy is not everything, I agree. But it could be worse, IMO.
>>
>>53218693
I like it because I live in North Mexico and We have less poverty and more job options than the South. But the wages of factories here must be better.
>>
>>53218727

We buy 80% of your exports and we are #1 consumer of Mexican oil. Billions of dollars are coming to your economy just from us. Canada is your #2 partner. Que piensas tú?
>>
>>53218703
>But yes, inequality is worse now than what it was 50 years ago.
Inequality gets worse over time. That's simply how capitalist economy works. As long as you have money that can be reinvested, you will outperform inflation and your wealth will grow.
>>
>>53218757
Yo soy del norte también, aquí despidieron operadores sólo por pedir 6 pesos más de salario :^)
>>
>>53218775
The big problem is that those billions dollars that you give us the Mexican politicians spends big mansions with that.
>>
>>53218825

There you go. Maybe you should start pointing the finger at how your government spends its money rather than NAFTA or America.

The state owns the oil sector and the energy sector. What other sectors, if any?
>>
>>53218816
Un profesor me dijo que si no aceptas sus condiciones hay 200000 personas mas haciendo fila. No solo de maquilas debemos vivir.
>>
>>53218843
America is the big guilty. You stole us half continent. If Texas and California will be Mexican, our economy will be the best in the world. Now in 1994 came NAFTA to become your slaves.
>>
>>53218898
What a picardy.
>>
I dont like NAFTA nor US.

We should be gommies. Educate properly our people, give them great healhcare system and build a wall to become Chinas and Russias friend like Cuba or Venezuela.
>>
>>53218846
Acá en el norte(frontera) la principal fuente de trabajo es la maquila
>>
>>53218957
solo en Tijuana y Juarez.
>>
GUYS ITS FUCKING LATE.
go to bed
>>
>>53218985
No
>>
>>53218898

You have one of those complexes where its always the other guy but never your own retarded, massively corrupt and inefficient government who happens to own several of the state's biggest enterprises. And was governed by the shitty PRI for 75 years nonstop. But yes it's America's fault. Sorry friendo. Stay mad I guess.
>>
>>53218985
later leaf bhoy.

The best thing that can happen to us is US annexing us and use dollars.
>>
>>53218737
>Are you saying NAFTA is to blame for that too?
No. You tell me, while I know a lot about my country, I don't know a lot about yours.

>it could be worse
Yes, but it could also be way, way better.

>>53218812
It doesn't. That's how neoliberalism works, not how capitalism works. And I'm not talking that everybody should be rich or that rich people shouldn't exists, no. That would be ridiculous to assume and impossible to achieve. Poverty, however, can be eradicated. NAFTA as it is right now it's only making poverty worse. We need to make a new better NAFTA that takes into account the differences between both countries instead of just benefiting multinationals. It's kinda like what happened with Greece and the Euro zone.
>>
>>53219006
I am not mad. I go to US to shoppping very often but My family is gommie. So thats why I voted for AMLO our Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>53218985
Seeing that I need to go to my uni in about two hours, I think I'm going to stay here at least for 40 more minutes.
>>
>>53219006
My own retarded government is owned by yours
>>
>>53219043

I don't know if NAFTA is to blame for that, but I highly doubt it. I don't know much about NAFTA, that's why I was trying to ask OP questions about how Mexico was before NAFTA and he refused to answer any of them because he's a marxista who doesn't know shit and would rather blame America for all of your country's problems.
>>
>>53219092
Take SOME responsibility. Just a little bit. Then I'll concede.
>>
>>53219140
If We get gommies, you will invade us and kill us in 1 minute, you are such a bully :(
>>
>>53219206

No need for that. If you elected a communist government Mexico would fall and crumble before the year next.
>>
>>53219206
I for one take that, and hope for the gommie chairo syncopanth fucks to get glassed off the face of earth
>>
>>53219094
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that NAFTA was only disadvantageous. But it has serious drawbacks that could have been avoided by negotiating clearly from the obvious asymmetry of our economies and not just assuming that it was getting a treaty between equals (the world's most powerful economy and the number 14, then an economy with a GDP of 8 trillion to one that had a GDP of 500 billion). The problem is not having a NAFTA, it is having that NAFTA that was negotiated from Salinas immeasurable arrogance.
NAFTA in Mexico, USA and Canada injured workers everywhere because Mexico was (and is) economically well below their "partners". Thus, given that wages in Mexico are to laugh at, many companies went to Mexico, taking jobs from well-paid American workers and exploiting for a pittance Mexican workers instead. What saves us for now is our oil.
The abandonment of the countryside, the precarious maquiladora employment, the inequality in the trade balance (scoring as "exports" maquiladora products, by the way), the increase of economic migration, the barriers to the small and medium enterprises, the disappearance of agencies supporting poverty (as CONASUPO, despite their corruption), the legislative changes that allowed the sale of strategic sectors... the list is long. The advantages are known, but you can not ignore the disadvantages and, above all, that many -not all- that were foreseeable and avoidable. So predictable that many of us then fought for a "NAFTA but not this NAFTA." We asked, among other things, investment from Canada and the US to equalize Mexico to them, like the EU did when it put money to the poorest countries, to avoid an overly asymmetrical situation.
>>
>>53218898
>If Texas and California will be Mexican, our economy will be the best in the world.

Why?

This is bait right?
>>
>>53219623
Funny thing is, they already are and not even with them do we get to unfuck ourselves

It goes deeper than that
>>
>>53219043
>It doesn't. That's how neoliberalism works, not how capitalism works
If rate of return on capital is higher than inflation, then people with money will only get richer while people who live off labor won't. It's a basic fact. Poverty is not getting worse; the poor today have higher standards of living than before. The income gap is rising because the wealthy are becoming weathier.
>>
>>53219744
You are looking at the facts with the eyes of your country. They don't apply to Mexico, mate. Poverty is getting worse here and the middle class is disappearing only to become poor themselves.

If you want to look to a successful form of capitalism look at some countries in Europe. Inequality is not a problem there.

And while capitalism needs to exists because it is the more successful economic system, but as with everything, it needs to be regulated, not being extent from everything, in order to make inequality not a problem and to make opportunities the same for all as much as possible.
>>
>>53219703

California and Texas are global technological power houses.

If they had been Mexican they would be like the rest of Mexico.
>>
>>53218434
>>53218496
>>53218703
>>53219043
>>53219469
>>53219904

Anyway, I need to leave so I wont be able to reply back if anyone replies to any of these posts. Just in case.

Later.
>>
>>53219936
California not so much now, do yourself a favor and prevent californian transferees from going to Texas, and maybe pray for that stupid californian sales tax to be shot down, it makes me so sad.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.