[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Majority of Americans are one paycheck away from being put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1416001571276.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1416001571276.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>Majority of Americans are one paycheck away from being put on the street
>63% have no emergency savings
>The average American has nearly 8,000 in revolving credit card debt
>Americans owe nearly 1.3 trillion in student loans
>The average college grad leaves school with almost 30,000 in debt
>The US gov't owes more than 16 trillion to debtors

Next great depression when?
>>
Soon inshallah. America must perish!
>>
>>53195052
It's so nice to feel the Schadenfreude with this.
>>
File: 1451678435083.jpg (33KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
1451678435083.jpg
33KB, 500x510px
>>53195052
You guys will just print more money and start some war, so what's the fucking problem?
>>
>>53195052
to me those "no one has savings" things are a bit stupid, I have plenty of money but none in a savings account because the interest rates have been so low, there's been no point to have a savings acct
>>
No price too high.
>>
>>53195418
Whether your savings are on a savings account or not is irrelevant. That's not what OP is about.

According to some survey that OP is referring to, 63% of Americans can't deal with an unexpected expense of ~$1000 with their savings, but have to borrow money or something else.
>>
>>53195655
im not referring to OP's study you mong, there was one a few weeks ago that said over 60% of Americans have no savings account and it was trying to use that as proof of something when it's meaningless
>>
b-b-but gay marriage and student loan debt, you shitlord
>>
>>53195703
Maybe you shouldn't start talking about a completely different thing without even properly mentioning what that thing is. It might help you with communicating with other people.
>>
I'm a loser who makes $9 an hour at 23 and I have >5k saved

people are just shit with money
>>
>>53195874
>people are just shit with money
That's pretty much what it is. People trying to live above their means.
>>
>>53195874
Most people just don't know how to live withing their means
>>
>>53195874
Having savings is almost magical in the way it improves your home finances, we have a finance journalist whose schtick is giving advice to Gen Y and millenials and he suggests a $5000 "mojo" account
Part of the reality behind the magic though is if you're disciplined enough to build up your savings you're disciplined enough not to have to use them.
>>
>I only make $60,000 a year.
>Let's see what I should buy!

>An expensive house
>Expensive cars
>Expensive food every evening
>Multiple vacations a year
>Expensive furniture
>Cable television + fast and expensive internet
>Expensive gifts for my wife

>I'm living paycheck to paycheck, and I don't know what I did wrong!

average american
>>
>>53196218
>cable television

Too rich for my blood
>>
>>53196218
>only 60k
I make under 30k after taxes.

>tfw public radio station talks shit about 50k a year like it's nothing
I've lived on my own for years on less with savings Also cable is too expensive, unless you want sports land line TV is useless and bloated with commercials. I'm not paying for ads.
>>
>>53196218
>expensive gifts for my wife + her son
Ftfy
>>
>>53196218
>I ONLY make 60 k a year

One can dream.
>>
>>53196218
If I made 60,000 a year I would be able to save so much. Buy a used car from 2010-2013 for under 15 k. Nice apartment for around 800-1200 a month (rent relatively cheap where I am). Even with all my other expenses I would still be able to sock away 500 + a month.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.