[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good things come out of the 2003 Iraq invasion? Or was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: PHO-10Sep02-249047.jpg (248KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
PHO-10Sep02-249047.jpg
248KB, 1024x685px
Any good things come out of the 2003 Iraq invasion?

Or was it just all in all a terrible idea?
>>
why do you wanna know haha greetings.
>>
ded muzzies
>>
>>53164854
Hi Chile how's it going?

Just curious desu looks like the Kurds aren't being gassed, but now they have to deal with ISIS
>>
Iran has become a much more formidable counterweight to KSA.
>>
File: George-W-Bush.jpg (916KB, 2267x3000px) Image search: [Google]
George-W-Bush.jpg
916KB, 2267x3000px
>>53164836
memes
>>
>>53164836
We got Generation Kill.
That was a good series.
>>
>>53164836
It's put the US into a position where Trump can make it great again.
>>
Literally no reason whatsoever

And our government failed to destroy Pakistan to stop the funding of the Taliban in Afghanistan
>>
>>53165036
Is this whole thing a long term strategy to oust Iran somehow?

Wouldn't make sense to invade and occupy a cunt and then let your enemy spread its influence, it's literally cuckoldry
>>
>>53165155
>implying any plans mattered after Paul Bremer dissolved the Iraqi military
>>
>>53164836
>Or was it just all in all a terrible idea?

ending the regime of Saddam Hussein was not in itself a terrible idea, although I think the citizens of this country were conned into believing that he presented an imminent danger to our national security.
>>
>>53164836

It was a terrible idea implemented in the worst possibly way.
>>
Amerifats will tell it it was a good thing because ''we mowed 'em sandcoons down y'all'', but sheltered in their smelly First Baptist Church they're probably not aware of the genuine worldwide consequences of Iraqi Freedom.
>>
>>53165310
I think the main problem was that the people in charge of the invasion either were idiots in believing everything would just fall into place without extensive planning or just didn't give two shits about the aftermath. Removing Saddam was a good idea, removing him without being completely ready for the task of restructuring a country, not so much.
>>
ended a threat to israel by another hostile state backed by an actual military. now it has to only worry about iran and local militia terrorists. america went in literally for the jews, and it gets shit on by the rest of the world for it
>>
>>53165422
Shoulda just took him out and left. We stayed to nation build so they would be within our sphere of influence but instead they're essentially an Iranian proxy.

If we just left we would've gotten the same result with a lot less dead Americans and wasted dollars.
>>
Yes.
Saddam, who was an all-round jerk, is dead.
The people of Iraq can, nominally, elect who they want.
The Kurds are closer to independence.
>>
>>53165422
It WASNT a good idea. Saddam has no WMDs. He invited the UN to search his stockpile. He was no threat to the United States.

Fuck. I hate how people think our government is somehow entitled to knockdown foreign governments whenever it wants without taking any blame for their consequences.

ISIS is a direct result of the US government destroying Iraq as a nation. It's fragmented. What is "Iraq" now? There is none, is the answer. It does not exist.
>>
>>53165069
>was
It still is you twinkle toed cocksucking peice of shit
sgt maj sixta and merikee are disapoint
>>
>>53164836
all it did was give isis leverage
>>
You guys destroyed a threat for Israel like a good goy.
>>
In 2015 some secret letters came out that the Dutch Prime Minister had warned the Americans for exactly this scenario before the invasion.

>they didn't listen
>>
>>53167641
Are Northern Americans really that stupid?

Both Bin Laden and ISIS are american created things.
>>
>>53164854
En inglés no da risa weon
>>
>>53167671
have you looked at your government recently?
you are a lapdog of isreal just like us now
>>
>>53164836
It precipitated the inevitable fracturing of the country along sectarian lines which should have happened a long time ago.
It could and should have been done without so much I.Iraqi death and suffering though.
>>
>>53168005
Atleast we dont try to pose like an independent country.We are aware of our situation unlike you.
>>
>>53167730
Do you think your military should bomb Isis? If so do you think Assad's objections matter?
Have you read the interview that one of your news agency conducted with Assad?
>>
File: iherp.jpg (47KB, 334x487px) Image search: [Google]
iherp.jpg
47KB, 334x487px
>Any good things come out of the 2003 Iraq invasion?

Western "civilization" and it's war mongering zionist overlords have made themselves even more enemies for centuries to come :)
>>
>>53164836
a few thousand dead americans

a lot more americans with PTSDs

the creation of ISIS

worth it if you ask me
>>
>>53168264
most people here like isreal
according to polls only 1% of turks like isreal
>>
>>53168688
>most people here like isreal

you mean all these JIDF faggots sitting around being paid with goyim tax money to post positive shit about pissrael?

Also JIDF spotted
>>
>>53168726
>jews control all of american media
>surprised that the average american supports isreal
>>
File: jidf.jpg (56KB, 449x307px) Image search: [Google]
jidf.jpg
56KB, 449x307px
>>
It served as a giant welfare program for directionless young men, I suppose.
>>
>>53165069
Yeah, this.

>>53165358
And this.
>>
at first i was excited because ww2 games had been a goddamn dime a dozen, but now i realize how much i miss the jungle, and how boring brown and bloom is, so, nothing, really.
>>
>>53165358
this
>>
File: Mission-Accomplished.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Mission-Accomplished.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
There was a funky banner.
>>
File: 1441571964069.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1441571964069.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>53168617
This
>Be American
>Go on vacation in Iraq
>Get shot
>>
>>53168617
>the creation of ISIS

>be iraqi
>country gets invaded
>form islamic organisation hated by the entire world in response
>massacre your own people
somehow these people used to live in the cradle of civilisation
>>
>>53169829
Wasn't the formation of ISIS the result of the way the Iraqi Army was disbanded by the US
>>
>>53169976
Yes.
What the fuck were hundreds of thousands of discriminated unemployed former soldiers supposed to do?
4/5 officers of Isis are former Iraqi army officers and commanders.
>>
>>53168269
I've seen some interview with Assad that his country is souvereign and we need their consent to do anything. And I agree. We should work with Assad to end the crisis. If defending the Netherlands from refugees requires sending military to Syria to aid Assad and create safe zones for refugees then I'm in favor.

Some political parties here also want to do that. But America has been aiding anti-Assad rebels and it's hard for them to turn their backs on them.
>>
how did iraq end up with such a powerful air force?
>>
File: 1451939357290.jpg (93KB, 1366x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1451939357290.jpg
93KB, 1366x1156px
>>53168617
>mfw suffered no casualties
>>
>>53170099
Most sensible Dutchman I've talked to.
What do you think about Rojava, i.e. Syrian Kurdistan?
Would you really be for sending dutch foot troops to Syria to fight against the FSA, al nusra front and Isis?
Or by military do you mean just aircraft?
I have a not so sensible former soldier Dutchman friend who likewise only acknowledges the official Assad regime, but he hates Arabs unironically, I'm going to ask him if he'd be willing to go to Syria on a pro Assad mission.
>>
>>53164836

Why did the US remove a secular Sunni dictator and replace him with a pro-Iranian Shia majority rule?
>>
>>53170889
I think a Kurdish state is inevitable. That's also why Turkey has been bombing them to push them back. But it's not something we should burn our fingers on. Especially because they do allow people to live in peace. We should just focus on ISIS.

You cant keep the peace from the sky. So people on the ground are a necessity. Which probably will cost Dutch lives.
>>
File: 1435327611062.jpg (101KB, 698x576px) Image search: [Google]
1435327611062.jpg
101KB, 698x576px
>>53164836
The "good" thing was mashing the ba'athists into the dirt, and preventing them from being both an Iranian and/or a ba'athist ally. So basically you wiped out a major part of the opposition to Israel. It was at the time a real risk the ba'athists would start making love again and a united Syria and Iraq, maybe with shia backing, would make Israeli balls p sweaty.

So yeah, it was a great idea. For Israel.

As for the Iraqi people, had the place been split in three (Sunni Iraq+Kuwait, Shia Iraq as an Iranian ally and Kurdistan), it would have been a much more stable and powerful area. But then the shias in Iran would just buy up east Iraq, the Sunnis might distantiate from the U.S., and the free Kurds (or Kurds that would have broken free from the shias) would be a pain in the rear of U.S. friend Turkey.

TL:DR
It's the jews fault.
>>
>>53165447
>>53167671
>>53168945
>>53171100
This p much

>>53170180
The money was never the issue the loyalty was. AF was upper class educated people who liked ba'athism and secularism. It's kind of how the best SAA units are the alawite tankers (the few that remain at least).

>>53170987
He wasn't really 'sunni', the ba'athists liked to pretend to be representatives of both sides. What impresses me the most is how the U.S. manage to get hated on by both shias and sunnis afterwards.
>>
>>53171015
If I could make you Netherlands prime minister, even against your will, I would...
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.