[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us- canada-35236630 so, ob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: SHALL NOT.png (569KB, 840x485px) Image search: [Google]
SHALL NOT.png
569KB, 840x485px
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35236630

so, obama is passing some new gun control laws, bypassing congress.
does this bother any americans here? if so, why?
>>
Nah
>>
not really
>>
>>53145279
>>53145307
>>
File: gun_control.jpg (49KB, 430x318px) Image search: [Google]
gun_control.jpg
49KB, 430x318px
I think everyone already knew something like this was coming, since he's leaving office soon, but everything he wants seems reasonable, and its pretty hard to argue against making it harder for criminals and mentally ill people to get guns. So, no, I don't think that many people are bothered by it.
>>
deep down, americans just want to be European
>>
>>53145900
this. I fully support an armed populace and the second amendment, and I still agree with all of the measures he's implementing. we need better background checks so retards, muslims, people that live with retards, and criminals can't have guns.
>>
>>53145244
Seeing how Smith & Wesson stocks went up 20% overnight, I'd say yes, many are concerned.
I'm not personally bothered by it. Although I worry some anti-government nuts might do something drastic to prove a point.
>>
File: wtf.gif (2MB, 280x202px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
2MB, 280x202px
>>53145900

These executive orders don't make it harder for criminals to get guns you retard.

Look at the deadliest cities in America and the gun laws in those cities.

I live in Washington DC and for me to get a gun I literally have to walk into a police station and get finger printed. And that's after ridiculous fees and a "test" I have to take.

Do you think Jamal in South East DC goes through the same process to get a gun?

Also there is no "gun show" loop hole. Have any of you morons actually ever been to a gun show?

If you buy a gun from a seller at a gun show, and by seller I mean a guy in the business of selling guns, you need to pass a background check.

And if you're a criminal and something turns up in your record there are cops there at the show that will probably bust your ass. It's probably the worst place for a criminal to be.

What these vague executive orders do is penalize YOU, the regular citizen. It limits your right to sell a gun to a family member or a friend.

And if you know anything about guns then you know how incredibly common this is because buying new guns is sometimes the worst financial option.

Around 35,000 people a year die from gun shots each year. Around 22,000 of them are from suicides, another 11,000 are from inner city crime which is done with illegal hand guns.

This is the problem with fucks like you and Obama. You push for all these laws that make ZERO fucking sense, then wonder why conservatives and gun owners think you're aiming to take their guns away.

Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>53148394

I've always thought the focus on assault weapons was dumb as fuck.

Wish we would ban handguns instead.
>>
Watching conservahicks get all pissy about their penis extensions is hilarious tbqhwyf.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order
>>
>>53148524
I hope that you're not a Bernie or Hillary shill, mostly for your own sake.
>>
>>53148499
>assault weapons

All weapons are assault weapons.

If you mean assault rifles, those are already heavily regulated. And they are very expensive.

BTW I am not against background checks and such. But these laws are doing their opposite of what anti gun fags want.

It creates nothing more than further division and paranoia.

Look at S&Ws stock today. And now the Republicans in Congress are probably going to stall budget bills because of this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.