[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rzeczpospolita was an oppressive colonial empire.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1024px-miloradovichdefense.jpg (165KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-miloradovichdefense.jpg
165KB, 1024x614px
Why is the rzeczpospolita portrayed as some utopian paradise when it was a brutal feudalistic monarchy forcing orthodox slavs to be serfs that commited countless atrocities attempting to convert russians(including ukrainians and belorussians, they considered themselves russians then and these nationalities were engineered by the western empires in order to fragment russia) to catholicism?

http://culture.pl/en/article/slavery-vs-serfdom-or-was-poland-a-colonial-empire
>>
File: 20140504_3602.jpg (42KB, 460x387px) Image search: [Google]
20140504_3602.jpg
42KB, 460x387px
A relevant question for west ukrainians: Do you believe it was right for galicia to be united with the rest of ukraine?
>>
It was basically ruled by a clique of polonised Lithuanians and Ukrainians. The latter were especially brutal in treating their Orthdox ethnic brothers, like Jeremi Wiśniowiecki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjZEktkDC0
>>
>>53127216
>Why is the rzeczpospolita portrayed as some utopian paradise
By who? By poles or ukranians?
>>
>>53128419
Every "member" of it(including it'sserf nationalities:belarussians and ukrainians)
>>
>>53128457
Non-serfs are just missing their age of being stronk. And that's understandable.
Serfs are just thinking that they are "europeans, not tatars, like muscovites".
>>
>>53127216
lmao no one even thinks about Slav """"""""""""""empires""""""""""""""
>>
>>53128959
That is a shame, i actually learned something from the less butt-hurt poles.
>>
>>53128594
Well the fun fact is serfs were actually fleeing to Commonwealth from both Russia and Prussia, even though they were still serfs here. Apparently they perceived C's nobility as more benevolent masters, hell knows why. For example number of serf fugitives from Russia reached million souls before the 1st Partition.
>>
>>53127216
>Why is the rzeczpospolita portrayed as some utopian paradise?
Polish nationalism
>>
>>53129104
Thats pretty interesting, were the prussians bullying people even back then?

I assume the Russians did, becauseof stereotypes.
>>
>>53129104
I doubt they were running to serf communities.
>>53129310
It's probably the legacy of religious conflict, although the amount of German fugitives was still probably only marginal.
>>
>>53129310
Commonwealth was giving large subsidies to germans settling here, you should read about it
>>
>>53127216
dunno
I learned this state had some democracy in electing their ruler. They even invited our Tsar Ivan to participate in elections. This candidature didn't go far though, it was done using representatives and listening good and bad things about candidatures, lies and politics.
>>
>>53130618
It was democracy for elites only, meaning shlyahta had all power in the state and elected king who was their puppet. Regular people were still oppressed serfs.
>>
>>53129622
Well german settlers were often invited into countries to set up nice flourishing, tax paying towns:^)
>>
>>53127216
Bulgarians were engineered by Turkic Khagans. You're just deep eastern Serbs. All nations of Yugoslavia are Serbs too, you're turkified Macedonians.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.