[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insider tips for Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x400px
Hi, /int/.
I'm in the final year of high school and next week I'm on a 5-day trip to Rome with a lot of my schoolmates.
Do any people here (preferably locals) have good insider tips like good bars, stores etc that aren't necessarily well known?
/trv/ didn't help because it's a bunch of faggots.
I would be very pleased with useful replies.
Picture very related.
>>
OP again.
Are there any weird laws or special etiquette stuff I have to keep in mind?
>>
i don't know how to start
i suggest you the trastevere rione. last time i went there (one week ago) was full of grills from all over the world and restaurants/trattorie with good prices.
>>
>>29229628
Okay thanks, that sounds nice. Are there more good place that are - as said - not flooded with tourists who take a photo every twenty seconds?
You know, I'm a guy who tries to fit in and doesn't want to annoy the locals. Unlike many other Germans.
>>
>>29229794
http://italiadavivere.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/i-30-luoghi-piu-belli-di-roma-o-meno-conosciuti/
>>
>>29229200

Not from Rome, but be careful with the prices at restaurants and bars, they love to overcharge the shit out of tourists.

If they try to pull this shit on you say that you'll call the police and see how fast you get a price slash :^)
>>
>>29230049
Amazing article. That's a lot of places. I'll try to visit as many as possible.
Many thanks from Germany!
>>
>>29230195
Does that really work? Well, I know that the Italian police is stricter than ours but do they really give you discount?
>>
>>29230282
if you enter a bar for a coffee and they ask you, i don't know, something like 5 euros, you must call the police.
at least if you come to a restaurant ask for the prices before ordering. but i guess you already know how to manage these situations
>>
>>29230282
If you feel you're getting ripped off, ask for the ricevuta fiscale, and threaten them to call the police (preferentially guarda di finanzia).

Reason those shady establishments don't want police around is not only because they're ripping off people but also because they don't declare sifnificant portions of their income.
>>
Be as little germanic as possible ie. respect the existing government
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.