[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People will readily acknowledge that you need some sort of a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Nujy1shdvldo1_1280.jpg (187KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
Nujy1shdvldo1_1280.jpg
187KB, 640x582px
People will readily acknowledge that you need some sort of a natural neurological predisposition towards maths or music.

But talen't don't real with visual arts and it's all just conditioning and practice?

Hmm.
>>
>>2395899
>People will readily acknowledge that you need some sort of a natural neurological predisposition towards maths or music.
but you don't
>>
>>2395899
everyone can learn math and music.
(as long as you don't have any disability hindering you)
>>
>>2395908
Try telling that to STEMfags, see how it goes.
>>
intelligence. if you consider that talent, yeah talent exists. otherwise no.

>'oh but that's a different type of intelligence'

I think that claim is bs. there is only one type of intelligence. and that's intelligence. problem solving skills, ability to understand complex relationships and process information.

math, science, music, visual art, it's all the same in that sense. The obvious discrepancies people use as anecdotal evidence are just a result of 'lack of interest in this but strong interest in that'. nothing else.
>>
>>2395945
I know people with above average IQs who desperately tried into drawing for years. They barely improved despite doing a fuckton of studies and drawing all the time. Explain.
>>
>>2395913
>Try telling that to STEMfags, see how it goes.
Here's a /sci/ thread on the subject: >>>/sci/7856869
>It's just misunderstood
>Because most schools cannot afford to have proper math teachers who can give a miniscule insight of what mathematics actually is.
>Because it's taught in a difficult and unintuitive way.
>It's considered popular among kids to not like math
>Because the concepts build upon each other, so if you go through school missing some concepts because of either your, or the instructor's fault, then you will be sitting there spinning for a while.
Most of the people there seem to believe that aptitude in math depends mainly on good teaching and being interested in it.

Do you really think you need a natural predisposition to art? Imagine if you were some illiterate peasant thousands of years ago, you'd be saying stuff like, "I'd love to learn to read and write, but I'm just not suited to it". If you had been taught to draw like you were taught to read and write you wouldn't be saying stuff like that.
>>
>>2395997

Could be many reasons. Maybe they didn't have above average intelligence. Maybe they didn't try as hard as they claim they did (art is very much about mileage, not so much about 'getting it'). Maybe they never got good instruction and went at it with a completely inadequate approach.

I doubt you would reliably know that they are above average in iq though.
>>
>>2396017
Dude's a rather accomplished engineer and he does a lot of things that require being able to think in 3d. His spatial skills are unparalleled and yet he can't fucking manage to draw anything by hand.
>>
>the amount of bullshit people would put themselves through just to find an excuse not to draw

If you don't want to learn how to draw, then don't draw.
>>
https://terrytao.wordpress.com/career-advice/does-one-have-to-be-a-genius-to-do-maths
>>
the only true predispsition to something is passion and will to do it over and over, not your starting point
>>
>>2396020
why are you arguing with a fedora tipper about intelligence on 4chan rn..
art skills isn't about having certain gigawatts of intelligence so just drop it.
>>
>>2395899
btw, i've noticed a sizable amount of actual engineers, both in /ic/ and in real life, which are interested in learning to paint digitally, so if there's such thing as a phenotypic trait for arts and maths, they're probably related.

i'd say is more of a psychological predisposition to enjoy doing shit alone.
>>
>>2395945
Intelligence can be improved. All it is, is a way of seeing things. If you do enough problem solving activities and change your mindset you can get "more clever".

My partner has autism and has an extremely logical view on the world, it's amazing just listening to him explain concepts the way he sees it. It's proven that people above ~140 IQ see things differently than people below that number, you can find a source on that if you wish, and I believe his IQ is something like 176 (he told me about this a while ago so I don't remember exactly). It is possible for an average person to increase their intelligence past this threshold, it's not something that's given at birth and kept there forever. Take what you want from this, but the whole "I can't draw, I don't have the gene!!!" is fucking stupid.

Just draw and realise that you'll improve if you learn right.
>>
>>2396000
The way maths should be taught is from problem solving questions. Not "remember this formula and these rules thanks".

The moment I started learning maths with problem solving questions, it almost instantly clicked.
>>
>>2396161
What is it about then?
>>
I always wondered, people who focus on talent so much, do you think if someone learns to draw, that it was due to "talent", even if it took them 27 years to learn how to make something decent? Or do you think someone just can't draw, ever, if they don't have "talent"?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.