[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ic/ is getting worse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: trhrth.png (1MB, 1071x1890px) Image search: [Google]
trhrth.png
1MB, 1071x1890px
Has /ic/ always been this shitty?
Recently I've noticed that the quality of the sticky has been lower than what I remembered but I'm sure it hasn't changed
I feel like the overall quality of art posted is lower too
And the amount of shitposting
Something really needs to be done to stop this board from becoming like the other mainstream shitposting boards on this site
Look at /po/ do you see such shitposting there? we're /ic/ we should be better than this

I think there should be a way to stop people posting unless they've somehow proved they've read through sticky properly
>>
>>2391797
1. were making a second sticky
2. your skill improved, all boards have been the same forever
3. you just started noticing the shit posting.
4. youre selectively remembering, nostalgia.

Every single website has always said " isnt X getting worst"
>>
many are troll posts

i do miss the where you are/where you want to be threads
>>
>>2391813
then fucking make one god damn you. you're dumb
>>
>>2391812
People are trying to make a second sticky but the mods don't care
A while back the sticky actually broke. The first link didn't work
and then we had a couple really big threads about replacing it and we emailed the mods and everything
Nothing happened
They don't care

Yeah you're probably right. It's most likely selective memory and my eyes improving
but still
why is this place so shit
The sticky and book thread provides sources of information that are arguably the best in the world second to an actual professional artist teaching you.
When I first came to this board I read the sticky and went through the beginner books and within a week you're ahead of all these people asking dumb shit all the time
>>
>>2391822
it doesnt need to be official, we can just link to it and call it the sticky until the mods give a fuck.
>>
>>2391820
maybe im going to dumbfuck
>>
>>2391828
I like that idea
I'll try to make it more of a point to promote it.
Although I liked the loomisloves.us one. It had a lot more work put into it but I guess it's all lost now
By the way stop namefagging. You're anonymous by default for a reason
>>
>>2391833
whats wrong with namefagging?
>>
>>2391840
This site is not based on an identity, but your ideas and work. Using names and trips is only used when your identity needs clarification in convoluted threads. Otherwise, you're circumventing our culture and creating an identity where one is discouraged and actively harmful to the board
>>
>>2392146
>muh Internet culture appropriation
this place sounds like tumlr at times I swear
>>
>>2392152
Do you know what appropriation means?
>>
>>2392146
I get that for most boards, but for this one, I think having names would be important. I think our bashfulness comes from the fact that we were born on 4chan, not from anonymity, Besides, it would be deactivated if they didnt want us to use it.
>>
>>2392188
It's not that they don't want us to use it, it's just better off if you don't.
In addition, with single general threads, artist names can be used to track discussion, but when you post on unrelated threads with a name or trip you are building an identity that should not be encouraged. Other places like tumblr allow people to build these identities, which is why many artists use tumblr to post work and use /ic/ to have anonymous critique.
But when these personalities begin to rise on boards, whether or not they are positive or negative, they divide the board and essentially Shit it up. If you want examples, check out people like Lelouch on /a/ and the majority of threads on /tv/. Despite the Slippery Slope being a fallacy, I believe anonymity is important for this board's cultural health, and even though non-asshats like you use them, it sets a precedent that shouldn't exist
>>
>>2392188
the way I see it, the "bashfulness" helps to keep a good portion of shitty artists out, photocopiers, autistic animu-only-artists and so on..
I don't know if namefagging would resolve the toxic attitude and cynical mindset /ic/ has, plus I'm not sure if I even wanted things to change
>>
>>2392234
Your words of wisdom won't stop the name/tripfags.
>>
>>2391797
I also think the art quality has gone down, but some people (the only people actually), like 4 or 5, actually improved and are very fucking good at the moment. It's just too bad the shitposters shit on them when they post.
>>
january - people set I'M GONNA LEARN TO DRAW as new years resolution

february - they hit the first wall of art gains and post on /ic/ looking for the silver bullet that will make them be the next anime art guy or MTG painter

march - they start quitting

april - back to normal
>>
>>2392347
thanks for sharing your experience
>>
>>2392321
Who do you find good? In my opinion there's maybe one that could be considered decent
>>
>>2391797
> feel like the overall quality of art posted is lower

yeah beginners want to learn how to get good. You don't come to /ic/ if you're a good artist. Once you get what you need, you either help others or go get your $300k/starting space marine painting job
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.