[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want to spend a long time rendering things. I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1454174302140.jpg (38KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
1454174302140.jpg
38KB, 600x357px
I don't want to spend a long time rendering things. I want to make powerful images with lines of varying weight without tedious crosshatching.

Is this okay?
>>
it's ok if it's good. if it's not, absolutely not.

post an example anon
>>
do whatever the fuck you want man just do it well
>>
>>2385003
>>2385035

only been drawing since september so I suck, but I'm proud of sticking with it and settling into a practising pattern. I read a quote somewhere from a famous artist who said "it took me 9 years to learn how to draw, but 9 hours to learn how to paint."
>>
>>2384975
give me cookies bitch
>>
>>2385059
You're not reading that quote correctly. The fundamentals needed in painting is drawing. That's why it takes 9 years. If you've only been taking this seriously for a few months, just keep grinding. Learning how to paint is just learning how paint and brushes work. You're going to suck at painting if you don't practice drawing.
>>
>>2385059
I used to hate crosshatching until I got decent at it. The early steps to anything is painful when what you're making looks like garbage to you but you'll improve.

You can also do some smudge shading and use an eraser pen to do reductive crosshatching for the highlights and some filler crosshatching for for the deeper shadowing. There's actually a lot you can do and experiment with to keep it interesting. I recommend you at least learn some to increase your knowledge base.

Pirate tv shows and watch them while you crosshatch. My go to shows when doing the grunt work for drawing are. HBO's Rome, I Claudius, Deadwood, Star Trek TNG, and the Wire.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.