[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loomis is fucking boring, I lose every bit of passion and interest

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: cot.jpg (52KB, 469x479px) Image search: [Google]
cot.jpg
52KB, 469x479px
Loomis is fucking boring, I lose every bit of passion and interest in drawing when I see same shit over and over again and it really is tiresome when its not interesting at all. Can you recommend me something that is actually fun to learn from?
>>
We had this thread week ago with exact same pic. I responded seriously then . Fuck you now, OP.
>>
>>2384225
I am being honest with you right now - I am not the same person.
>>
Try michael hampton book/video course. It could help maybe. But learning aspect of everything is boring really. Unless you are happy-go-lucky everyday.
>>
>>2384225
Next time copy paste it and re-use it multiple times if you don't want to feel like it was a waste. There's very little chance that a post with serious effort gets appreciated by random fucks here.
>>
>>2384230

You aren't, I remember that fucking cat and even starting words "Loomis is fucking boring".

>>2384258

I will, fucking seriously, I know that other boards want to "troll" here, but it's just stupid.

Last sage and I'm out [-]
>>
Went through the same as you are now. Don't get me wrong, Loomis has lots of good stuff in his books with explaining construction and what not. But it still it explained in most tedious manner for a complete dumbster tier beginner who might suck at even the most basic shit like making a good line or circle. Which you should practice, as warm up if nothing else.

Just check out 'Keys to drawing', it's in the book thread. Then lurk beginner thread and book thread for more study material. Glhf
>>
>>2384216
lisen here you little shit , you fuckin study those fuckin cubes and balls and all those shit right now , it will help you in what you want to do . For example , i want to start my own webcomic , but i can't since i fuckin can't draw properly yet and all my ideas can't be illustrated in the panels. SO YOU BETTER STUDY THAT SHIT , YOU FAGGOT!
>>
>>2384323

this post gave me an ulcer
>>
lmao i just started 2 months ago and alreadyu got $58 in my opattery
get gud scrub
>>
>>2384216
Try Bridgeman
>>
>>2382791
>>
>>2384323
Ugh.
>>
>>2384216
>I lose every bit of passion and interest in drawing when I see same shit over and over again
Then you never had any passion to begin with.
>>
>>2384216
>blaspheming against our lord and savior, Loomis
>>
>>2384474
what the fuck is he talking about
>>
>>2384511
why are u here fag ?
>>
>>2384216
>Loomis is fucking boring
use iterative self learn instead
is more dynamic but is like reinventing the wheel
>>
>>2384560
I dont quite understand what he is saying, like, in what exact order should i learn those?
>>
>>2384582
Basics . Understanding shapes shadows how they work . Objects in general . Getting the shape right and the shadow is really important. That's why you need to study loomis even if you get bored. In your spare time draw whatever you want , but take some time , 3 or 4 hours to work properly on the shapes shadows and also proportions .

Then you go to anatomy and figure drawing and maybe perspective .
This is what i would do anyway.
>>
>>2384582

Oh come the fuck on. Try imagining what is the drawing process and what you want/need.

Drawing is holding pencil/pen/brush/whatever and putting lines on paper.

Can you put the straight line on the paper that isn't wobbly shit? No? Then learn to do exercises that help your linework. (like the ones in that quick 10 minute Peter Han video, in the first lesson of drawabox, in the Scott Robertson book and countless other resources, fuck, you can probably put "how to draw lines" in youtube search and there will be 2 millions videos explaining that shit)

Can you draw basic shapes in perspective? Can you repeat what you draw, like drawing two ellipsies next to each other that are the same? No? Do exercises on them.

Is your linework now good enough that you can be satisfied with it? Draw boxes/cyllinders/spheres in perspective. Are they looking more or less ok? Good.

Now if you try to draw something "from life", it will be easier to you. More confident lines, no chicken-scratching. You will be breaking difficult shapes into those fucking cyllinders and whatnot, it will be easier for you to imagine how 3D things work.

Or you know, you could just straight jump into drawing what you have on your table and then look at it and see what is shit and what you don't like. You don't like your lines? Google how to put those lines. Your shapes don't have volume? Learn how to draw volumes. Your people have fucked up noses and eyes? You know what to put now in those search boxes or ctrl+f in beginner thread in /ic/ or in those hundreds of books that are put in megaupload/torrent.
>>
>>2384635
>peter han video
can i do this on a tablet? it is a lot less accurate than paper though, i dont know why
>>
>>2384216
No one said grinding fundamentals should be "fun". Man up and do it fgt.
>>
>>2384324
>>2384495
he's not wrong senpai
>>
>>2385015
A tablet only attempts to mimic what the movements of a pen on paper would produce. The digitizer in a tablet attempts to measure your stylus movements, but will not be able to capture a 100% accurate representation of what would happen on an actual physical piece of paper. It's like how we're only now starting to see 4k monitors and TVs around while traditional film was able to reach 16k decades ago because of being analogue. Digitizers just don't have the same fidelity as real life without spending big bucks. That's not even going into the feel and feedback of a rubber nub against plastic/glass compared to graphite rubbing off on paper.

You can try on a tablet, but I recommend you practice on paper.
>>
File: 35_38_1.png (310KB, 610x597px) Image search: [Google]
35_38_1.png
310KB, 610x597px
>>2386556
but he does type like a cunt
>>
>>2384635
Solid answer. Just fucking draw and don't worry about making mistakes, just learn from them and use the unlimited amounts of resources available.
>>
>>2386556
some people manage to be obnoxious in text form
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.